8.0

1. Mar 20, 2014
    Played it for an hour or so got bored and quit. Very boring game with an annoying narrator. I have no idea what is supposed to be so interesting about this game. Complete waste of my time.
  2. Oct 18, 2013
    The game confuses mind numbingly annoying for wit. I don't understand the humor or appeal of this game, or even the fact of how this "game" is even a game. It also baffles me how this game can have such a high score. 91 really? I counted at least half a dozen games it outscored that deserved better than it.
  3. Mar 30, 2014
    This is of course not a game, yet it's fun for a while (maybe 1-2 hours, until you've seen a dozen of the endings). The narrator is good but the text he reads is not always really funny. Somehow, such humor (about office workers) works better in Dilbert comics - there I laugh quite frequently. There the complex, intellectual-style language feels somehow appropriate, but here - not really.This is of course not a game, yet it's fun for a while (maybe 1-2 hours, until you've seen a dozen of the endings). The narrator is good but the text he reads is not always really funny. Somehow, such humor (about office workers) works better in Dilbert comics - there I laugh quite frequently. There the complex, intellectual-style language feels somehow appropriate, but here - not really. I still have to say that this game surely has many small great details. E.g. the whole Power Point slides sequence in the meeting room is just amazing. And the whiteboards. And the rooms where they tell which pieces of the game looked how before the release. But certainly this game isn't worth its price or any price at all, or maybe something like $1. Since it isn't a game at all, it shouldn't have been created or sold as a game - instead it could be a cartoon or maybe a movie.
    I still give it a rather high score (4) and not 1 or 0 because it does give some fun, even if it's not a lasting one. This product still offers a bit of gameplay - and strangely this kind of gameplay reminds me a typical RPG where you would explore every branch of dialogs with NPCs. Here you explore corridors and doors instead.
    The closest game to this one that comes to mind is Antichamber. However, Antichamber is way way better, there you have diverse puzzles, each with an unexpected solution. Here it's just talking and talking, like in a book/radio/TV show. This game doesn't really feel as if it were made for players and to entertain players but instead to entertain the developers - much like 2010's "Rubber" movie was fun to the director but boring to the audience.
    This app certainly is a fresh innovative attempt, but it's not really a successful attempt. Frankly, I'm not sure that the whole idea for such a game could have resulted into anything playable. Strange that they actually decided to spend effort into developing this stuff.
  4. Dec 30, 2014
    Disappointing. Just purchased this for £3 on steam. Completed it in two attempts and under 15 minutes. By 'completed' I mean I reached the end/credits zone. Not impressed. It's a mildly interesting diversion - but £3 for less than 15 minutes makes it very expensive (not to mention linier and simplistic) entertainment compared to say £40 for 100+ hours on Dragon Age 3. I'm sure there areDisappointing. Just purchased this for £3 on steam. Completed it in two attempts and under 15 minutes. By 'completed' I mean I reached the end/credits zone. Not impressed. It's a mildly interesting diversion - but £3 for less than 15 minutes makes it very expensive (not to mention linier and simplistic) entertainment compared to say £40 for 100+ hours on Dragon Age 3. I'm sure there are alternate looping paths through the game, but knowing the ending I'm really not that interested. Expand
  5. Oct 30, 2013
    You'll only like this game if you like running in circles or like to see the same stuff you just past but then come across it a hundred more times.. I don't understand one bit of it, is no storyline at all to it and i don't think its really all that fun(making circles), however the puzzling is pretty fun. All i have left to say is, i am 100% happy that i did'nt pay for this peace of crap.You'll only like this game if you like running in circles or like to see the same stuff you just past but then come across it a hundred more times.. I don't understand one bit of it, is no storyline at all to it and i don't think its really all that fun(making circles), however the puzzling is pretty fun. All i have left to say is, i am 100% happy that i did'nt pay for this peace of crap. $15 to watch yourself make all kinds of loops, just like listening to a broken record player. You can get to outside less than half an hour but then if you choose next time to go a totally different route then the game lasts much longer, i dont understand that at all. Would NOT recommend. Expand
  6. Dec 3, 2013
    I picked this up on Steam cheap after reading rave reviews about the game and despite this being half price; it is not worth the money. This is an extremely overrated title that shouldn't warrant any cost. The concept is quirky and the narrative amusing but it feels as if these are factored in to cover up the sheer linearity of the game. You basically play an office worker called StanleyI picked this up on Steam cheap after reading rave reviews about the game and despite this being half price; it is not worth the money. This is an extremely overrated title that shouldn't warrant any cost. The concept is quirky and the narrative amusing but it feels as if these are factored in to cover up the sheer linearity of the game. You basically play an office worker called Stanley and the voice-over story depicts his life and job. You can either follow the story how it is told or go your own way which impacts the person telling the story. This can be humorous but it's hardly up there with Steven Merchant from Portal 2. You can complete the game in many different ways and even in under 5 minutes. There is bascially nothing to this 'game' apart from the narrative and a few corridors. There is no depth or ingenious moments that really stand out like we have seen in many other budget games or mods.

The Stanley Parable has joined the growing list of indie/arcade titles that cost money and are give huge plaudits from the media but are actually poor attempts at conveying a game. Developers should be judged on their product solely and not taking into account factors surrounding development or the budget it cost to make the game. This is a poor, pricey and tedious attempt of a mod and the fact the game has a price-tag is shocking. The narrative saves it in some way but if you want to experience this title; just watch a few YouTube videos of the game in action.
  7. Oct 21, 2013
    This is unfortunately a bad videogame, with very little gameplay and level design that consists of a couple of corridors, a few big rooms and some random references to other videogames. Its "oh-so-clever" commentary on choice is something I've discussed before with friends within about 5 minutes while sipping on some coffee, for free, without having to waste 15$ and 2 hours of my lifeThis is unfortunately a bad videogame, with very little gameplay and level design that consists of a couple of corridors, a few big rooms and some random references to other videogames. Its "oh-so-clever" commentary on choice is something I've discussed before with friends within about 5 minutes while sipping on some coffee, for free, without having to waste 15$ and 2 hours of my life playing something boring to reach the same conclusion. If this was free, I'd be kinder to it as an invitation to a discussion using the gaming medium as language, but it is not worth paying for. Expand
  8. Oct 23, 2013
    This is a smartass non-game that might as well be constantly asking you "Am I blowing your mind? IS YOUR MIND BLOWN?". It isn't. I've played Gravity Bone and Thirty Flights of Loving. I've played Kentucky Route Zero. I've played Gone Home. I've played The Wolf Among Us. I'm used to this stuff. I imagine that The Stanley Parable might have been groundbreaking when it first came out, but inThis is a smartass non-game that might as well be constantly asking you "Am I blowing your mind? IS YOUR MIND BLOWN?". It isn't. I've played Gravity Bone and Thirty Flights of Loving. I've played Kentucky Route Zero. I've played Gone Home. I've played The Wolf Among Us. I'm used to this stuff. I imagine that The Stanley Parable might have been groundbreaking when it first came out, but in 2013, being a narrative-driven "interactive experience" just isn't very impressive, and the title doesn't really have anything else to offer. I think it very much has the same problem as Spec Ops: The Line: if you make a bad meta-game (or meta-non-game, I guess) to prove a good point, the player is still stuck playing (or not playing) a bad game (or non-game). It does, however, look pretty good and even maxed out runs at 200+ fps on my sh*tty old PC, so at least technically it's good. In the end, The Stanley Parable exists not to entertain you but to make you think, so if you want to save some money and time, you can watch a let's play and get straight to the thinking part without having to wander around a mostly non-interactive office for an hour or two. Expand
  9. Feb 15, 2014
    why does everybody like this pice of **** its terrible. it cant even be considered a game. i take what jontron said at magfest on his pannel. if i talk to you in a slightly british accent and said stanley went to do something stupid that is the whole **** game.
  10. Mar 11, 2014
    This game genuinely made me feel like I was wasting my life. I actually felt suicidal while playing, wishing I could somehow cause the game to end entirely by having my character kill himself. Going through this game is tedious and somewhat torturous. I wasn't entirely bored by it, it was interesting enough and amusing enough to keep me playing for a few hours. But make no mistake, this isThis game genuinely made me feel like I was wasting my life. I actually felt suicidal while playing, wishing I could somehow cause the game to end entirely by having my character kill himself. Going through this game is tedious and somewhat torturous. I wasn't entirely bored by it, it was interesting enough and amusing enough to keep me playing for a few hours. But make no mistake, this is a legitimate walking simulator with less gameplay functions than the new Amnesia. It's a game for people with limited perspective. If you're impressed by psuedo-intellectual ramblings you'll enjoy this far more than me. This was nothing new, nothing groundbreaking, nothing smart, nothing innovative. It was none of these things to me.

If I had to describe it in one sentence it would be this: It's like portal except there's no challenge and you wonder when your character will fall down and expire so you can move on with your life.

Also the broom closet ending was f**king cash.
  11. Oct 22, 2013
    An absolutely piece of game. It claims to be a parable, and while it is insultingly stupid there's no profound lesson here for you to learn. Other than a series of arbitrary choices. Ultimately you'll only enjoy this if you want to play a comedy game with dull oh-so-witty humour from the British narrator. Don't play this. Also it pisses me off that this doesn't get the same "Is it reallyAn absolutely piece of game. It claims to be a parable, and while it is insultingly stupid there's no profound lesson here for you to learn. Other than a series of arbitrary choices. Ultimately you'll only enjoy this if you want to play a comedy game with dull oh-so-witty humour from the British narrator. Don't play this. Also it pisses me off that this doesn't get the same "Is it really a GAME?" criticism that Gone Home did when this is much worse and insultingly shallow. Expand
  12. Oct 24, 2013
    Now that the corporate game producers have mastered the art of marketing to ignorant tasteless masses, indie developers are starting to catch on. Wreden's inability to craft a branching yet cohesive story is called upon ironically when the game is less interactive and more linear than titles from the early 90s, and excused by apologist fans as being intentional. Essentially what theNow that the corporate game producers have mastered the art of marketing to ignorant tasteless masses, indie developers are starting to catch on. Wreden's inability to craft a branching yet cohesive story is called upon ironically when the game is less interactive and more linear than titles from the early 90s, and excused by apologist fans as being intentional. Essentially what the Stanley Parable is is a software allegory for the hot new annoyance in the video game industry: that a game can be almost entirely empty, uninteractive, $5 or more per hour of gameplay (as high or higher than the favored "movie ticket" that fanboys usually mention), and can, in fact, be nothing more than a map pack for a first person shooter that would have been a free download back in the Quake days, and yet make at least hundreds of thousands of dollars. The "game" earns one point for the delivery of the narrator, who sounds like the male voice from Xtranormal, which almost makes me laugh. Expand
  13. Oct 19, 2013
    Well I'm sorry but this isn't a game. You basically run around trying to find the story of the game with a narrator helping you do so. The point of it is to show you the limitations of gaming, maybe even of your life but in all honesty, ppl who think about "life" or "games" know that already and don't need this software.

So, if you want a real game a piece of entertainment then avoid

So, if you want a real game a piece of entertainment then avoid this title but if you want to experience what game design is all about then feel free to buy this and run around in circles for an hour.
  14. Nov 7, 2013
    Why is this game on Steam? It is literally a Half-Life mod that isn't funny. Why pay money for it? It's not even a good mod. All it is is lame jokes, 100 endings that all run together and walking forward. There's no game here.
  15. Dec 28, 2013
    This is not a game, and shouldn't be rated as one. This is a graphic novel with poor graphics and an OK story. Nothing to go all excited about at all in my opinion. I'm not joining the bandwagon because I'm not a sheep. I'm not warning others away from this product though, you might quite possibly like it. But it's very short.
  16. Dec 20, 2014
    Even though The Stanley Parable is a game priced at $14.99, it still is not worth it. There really isn't much going for it except the charm, which wears off quickly. Sure, some of the jokes are mildly amusing, but most of the narration is bland. I forced myself to play an hour of it, and I will not be returning. This game lacks gameplay, which is not an issue with certain games, but in TheEven though The Stanley Parable is a game priced at $14.99, it still is not worth it. There really isn't much going for it except the charm, which wears off quickly. Sure, some of the jokes are mildly amusing, but most of the narration is bland. I forced myself to play an hour of it, and I will not be returning. This game lacks gameplay, which is not an issue with certain games, but in The Stanley Parable it is. When all I am doing in a game is walking through bland environments and listening to a bland narrator, I will surely want my fourteen dollars and ninety nine cents back. I don't understand the praise for this game. It is simply dull. Expand
  17. Oct 18, 2013
    I'm very disappointed, how did this score so highly?? According to Steam it kept me interested for 67minutes, until I realised I had in fact played through almost every ending available and there was literally nothing left to do. I feel completely ripped off as there is ZERO re-playability. You choose a path and listen to the narrator for 5-10 minutes...
  18. Oct 20, 2013
    In not trolling and ive never given 1 out of 10 to any game in my life. Im serious at how much a waste of money this game is. Game incorrect- interactive narrative. Therefore it shouldn't even be in this section. The gameplay is 3 thing walk, click maybe 5 buttons, listen to the narrator and endings. No matter which way you go that's all you get. Gameplay 1 out of 10. Sound 2-3 tracks ofIn not trolling and ive never given 1 out of 10 to any game in my life. Im serious at how much a waste of money this game is. Game incorrect- interactive narrative. Therefore it shouldn't even be in this section. The gameplay is 3 thing walk, click maybe 5 buttons, listen to the narrator and endings. No matter which way you go that's all you get. Gameplay 1 out of 10. Sound 2-3 tracks of music and then rest is the narrators rants reused sound effects 2 out of 10. Graphics are terrible texture are blank and bad 1 out of 10.
    Story their is no story, its just like listening to a man ranting about life and everything about gameplay. Honestly its boring beyond its meaning 1 out of 10. This comes to an average of 1/10 If you include the time played and complete an average ending is 15mins. Replay ability you wish it wasn't. Buy heavy rain thats how you make a interactive narrative into a game. Demo was better than the game.
  19. Nov 20, 2013
    Now that the "artsy game" genre is beginning to spread, it seems that it was inevitable that a game such as The Stanley Parable would someday come out. While I'm certainly not against games that will abstract themselves from the traditional gaming paradigms, I demand that they remain GAMES, NOT STATEMENTS ABOUT GAMES. And so, don't be fooled by that pseudo-wisecrack-british-accent narratorNow that the "artsy game" genre is beginning to spread, it seems that it was inevitable that a game such as The Stanley Parable would someday come out. While I'm certainly not against games that will abstract themselves from the traditional gaming paradigms, I demand that they remain GAMES, NOT STATEMENTS ABOUT GAMES. And so, don't be fooled by that pseudo-wisecrack-british-accent narrator that'll accompany you all along the way: The Stanly Parable is a statement about games that, in itself, is a poor game.

In the end, it's really no wonder that this title has received such a high critical acclaim; it's indie, it's unconventional, it's a game about games, it's pure critic's dog food. Let me hammer it again: it's not enough to step out of the traditional gaming paradigms just for the sake of it, you still have to make a game. This is what Anti-Chamber did, this is what Telltale did with (love it or not) with Walking Dead, this is what Miasmata did; those game stepped out of the conventional path and yet, they stand by themselves.

And then you have your Andy Warhol games: The Stanley Parable, Gone Home (a very bland experiment in cheap empathy) and Dear Esther (that thing is so pompous I tried 3 times to spend more than an hour in front of it without feeling like I'm watching the English Patient).
  20. Mar 12, 2014
    I really really really tried to like this game, but sadly I couldnt
    Basically a walking simulator,
    with a story that literally makes almost no sense
    zero replayability after all the endings
    no clue how it got so many good scores other than making fake accounts, fooling the masses and paying companies to give good reviews on the game
    waste of money, don't buy it.
  21. Mar 18, 2014
    This game is so friggin overrated. Indie **** hyped by wannabe hipster gamers who find it cool to like "off-beaten" games. This game tries to use humor and witty narrative to appear cool, mocking modern gaming practices,storytelling,mechanics,scripting etc etc. Guess what, we DONT NEED A REMINDER. We have been gaming for decades,and we don't NEED a satire to remind what we are experiencingThis game is so friggin overrated. Indie **** hyped by wannabe hipster gamers who find it cool to like "off-beaten" games. This game tries to use humor and witty narrative to appear cool, mocking modern gaming practices,storytelling,mechanics,scripting etc etc. Guess what, we DONT NEED A REMINDER. We have been gaming for decades,and we don't NEED a satire to remind what we are experiencing all these years.
    Its a friggin walking simulator. And thats it.
    There are 18 possible endings, but they are pretty similar apart from 4-5 of them. Wont spoil it for you guys. My first 2-3 runs were entertaining, the narrator did a great job with the voice overs. But after 1 hour of playing.... the game became a chore. Its extremely repetitive, hearing the same long ass dialogus over and over JUST TO DISCOVER the alternate endings.
    Apart from like 5 endings, the remaining 13 endings are bland and repetitive. in fact they shouldn't even be counted as proper endings.
    i'm giving it a ZERO not to offset the biased overall score, bt because this game ACTUALLY deserves a ZERO for charging me $15 for 0.99cent gameplay
  22. Apr 16, 2014
    First of all this is not a game, so I shouldn't even be trying to review it in this section. What is it? It's a kind of a pedantic, arrogant, self-inflated bag of air done by would-be artists. It's provokes the same revulsion in my stomach that modern art which consists in a stroke of black paint on white canvas. It shouldn't be sold. As a free product I would review it negatively becauseFirst of all this is not a game, so I shouldn't even be trying to review it in this section. What is it? It's a kind of a pedantic, arrogant, self-inflated bag of air done by would-be artists. It's provokes the same revulsion in my stomach that modern art which consists in a stroke of black paint on white canvas. It shouldn't be sold. As a free product I would review it negatively because I know that ignorant hipsters love to highlight the marvelous qualities that this vacuum does not contain. But, as it does not contain anything (quite the same as the modern art painting) you can put there whatever a tortuous mind of a pseudo-intellectual wants to. Expand
  23. Jan 18, 2014
    Overhyped "work of art".
    Have you seen the painting of a pipe by Rene Magritte, where on top of the pipe it is written "This is not a pipe" ?
    Well, Stanley's Parable does the same thing to a game. It combines absurd logic and writing, with mockery, self-depreciation, and an overuse of repetition. Ok... but the problem is that it's just simply not fun to play. You are just walking in a
    Overhyped "work of art".

Ok... but the problem is that it's just simply not fun to play. You are just walking in a big museum of absurd comedy. At times, it can be brilliant and make you laugh, but also repetitive, annoying, and not really revolutionary. Since there is no real gameplay involved, you might as well save yourself the 10 bucks and just watch someone play it on youtube. Because for only 2 hours of content, the price of the game is even more absurd than it's art.
  24. Oct 21, 2013
    Whenever I complete a game, I ask myself "would I have been content watching someone else play this game?" The Stanley Parable is one of those few games along side with Gone Home, Dear Esther, and Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs that I have answered "Yes" to that question. In the barest form, the Stanley Parable is a walking simulator with an interactive choice driven audio book attached toWhenever I complete a game, I ask myself "would I have been content watching someone else play this game?" The Stanley Parable is one of those few games along side with Gone Home, Dear Esther, and Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs that I have answered "Yes" to that question. In the barest form, the Stanley Parable is a walking simulator with an interactive choice driven audio book attached to it. Whenever I started watching YouTube videos on the first Batman Arkham game to decide if I wanted to buy it or not, I had to desire to play the game. I wanted to overcome the challenges myself and after getting 100% on Asylum and City, I can say that I achieved that. I beat the Joker, Penguin, Bane, Thug #427, and the Riddler. I stopped Hugo Strange! I overcame those challenges not someone else. I had to deal with the consequences of failing a particular section. The Stanley Parable presents no challenges, no reason to play the game after you have experienced every ending, and no way to fail the game besides not at least getting one ending. The only reason I can see why you would want to play the game versus watching someone else play is the inquisitive thought you will have when the person takes one choice over the other. You will ask yourself what would happen. However, I did not feel any sort of accomplishment playing this game. I felt the same hollow feeling when I played Dear Esther, Gone Home, and Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs as I asked the game as if It would talk back "is this it? Is this all you have to offer?". I felt like I had wasted money, that I had fallen into the trap of my friends proclaiming the game's greatness and brilliance, that I had given into the hype of the game. Expand
  25. Oct 18, 2013
    All these 10 reviews must be written by kids who have never read sci-fi or seen any good movies. This game I bite my tongue as I refer to this time-sink as a game is so overhyped. There is some humor in it, but nothing funny enough to pass the "I blew some air out of my nose" level. I've unlocked 9 out of 10 achievements and found most of the endings and find the whole experience toAll these 10 reviews must be written by kids who have never read sci-fi or seen any good movies. This game I bite my tongue as I refer to this time-sink as a game is so overhyped. There is some humor in it, but nothing funny enough to pass the "I blew some air out of my nose" level. I've unlocked 9 out of 10 achievements and found most of the endings and find the whole experience to be largely unmemorable. I feel no desire to launch the game again to explore any further. Expand
  26. Oct 28, 2013
    So, I bought this "game" for $15 during a Steam sale I regretted my decision almost immediately.

This game has a great user rating (which means far more to me than any critic rating) and after watching the trailers and reading some reviews, I decided to take a chance. Now to be fair, I knew this wasn't your typical game, but touted as rather a "movie-type" game that you really

Now to be fair, I knew this wasn't your typical game, but touted as rather a "movie-type" game that you really navigated through; however, the payoff was to be amusing, twisted, deep, though-provoking and every other type of adjective your typical hipster would throw at a game like this.

I found this game to be none of that, albeit slightly amusing at moments. The narration is awesome; however, it, along with the games "jokes" wear thin pretty quick and make the game tedious and boring.

After about three hours of playing and approximately 2.5 hours of boredom and disinterest, I finally shut the game off and watched the walk-thru on You Tube. It was literally the same experience as "playing" the game, only more convenient and free. After watching all the possible endings I just shrugged my shoulders and immediately uninstalled.

Now quick disclaimer: I love developers who take chances with games, and on that note, I totally give these guys props; however, taking chances does not a good game make and this game, on any level, is not good. Save your money and just watch the walk-thru on You Tube.
  27. Jan 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have not bought this game, nor will I ever consider buying this game for the price listed during this Christmas sale (9.99). It is not worth it.

Originally, the mystery behind all the narration and ambiguous description captured my interest as I tend to attempt to unravel the truths from the untruths via internet browsing and reviews. I like to know what my game is like especially when I'm spending this amount of money to buy a game with steam engine graphics..

..it was a disappointment. The game's air of enigma was easily blown away with Youtube videos about 6 particular endings and a very short storyline, and even when I tried to dig deeper, there were other endings, but sadly, not enough. And certainly not worth the price tag, when you try to compare to other games with vastly superior and unique graphics and gameplay also at the same price or lower.

Sure, it might seem new and interesting the first few runs, but really, it's not really so much of a game than it is just a couple of seemingly clever plot twists and mind games. And we're not talking about the deep philosophical and psychological games..just a couple of basic ones, which may have appealed to some of the mainstream critics as a masterpiece at first, and is probably all that was needed to spark their overhyped reviews.
  28. Nov 6, 2013
    I do not understand the appeal behind this game. It's not a good game in any logical sense. It's very dull and lacks many features a game should have, not to mention the narrator's annoying voice.
  29. Jul 22, 2014
    A walking simulator to the core, this game utterly lacks ANY player interaction whatsoever, being an on-rails experience where you just move from point A to point B as soon as the game's narrator allows you to after a random rant. The scenery is incredibly bland and really shows the game's roots as a mod. While it's an interesting experience for the way it mocks videogames as a medium,A walking simulator to the core, this game utterly lacks ANY player interaction whatsoever, being an on-rails experience where you just move from point A to point B as soon as the game's narrator allows you to after a random rant. The scenery is incredibly bland and really shows the game's roots as a mod. While it's an interesting experience for the way it mocks videogames as a medium, it's not something that deserved the money i spent on it. Its theme is not even original, having been tackled years prior by MGS2. Expand
  30. Oct 18, 2013
    Not a particularly brilliant game. Some jokes were amusing, but quickly became old and boring with each "replay". Easy to get all endings within a few hours, and game quickly becomes pointless and worthless thereafter. Definitely not worth its overinflated reviews or price. Wait for a sale.

1. Mar 11, 2014
    The Stanley Parable is many things. It's an interactive comedy, an existential riddle and an experiment in storytelling. Most importantly, it's pretty good. [Nov 2013]
  2. Jan 23, 2014
    It's one of those games that tries and succeeds in making a bold statement. Be prepared for something really special.
  3. Dec 25, 2013
    Step away from this review and play it now. Or don't. Whatever you do is already ordained. OR IS IT?! [Jan 2014, p.83]