8.0

1. Oct 18, 2013
    This is a story of a man named Stanley and it would seem to be all that I can say about it without spoiling anything. I will say it's something that I believe most people should try once and then discuss with others, but it also seems over priced for how long each play-through is. That being said there appears to be a lot of ways this game can be played and there might be more value inThis is a story of a man named Stanley and it would seem to be all that I can say about it without spoiling anything. I will say it's something that I believe most people should try once and then discuss with others, but it also seems over priced for how long each play-through is. That being said there appears to be a lot of ways this game can be played and there might be more value in that. Great game and achieves what it wanted to achieve. For this reason it definitely deserves a high score.

If it's on sale it's a must buy, but the current amount of $14.99 seems a bit to high for me to tell people to buy it. I don't know if I can recommend it at that price, so I gave it an 8/10 for that reason. I recommend watching their wonderfully done trailers before buying, it will help in deciding if this is the type of game for you. However, try to avoid "Let's Play" videos that show an entire run of the game. This is all about the experience and it is quite a good one at that.
  2. Oct 17, 2013
    As a fan of the original half-life 2 mod,I came in expecting a very good game. I am happy to report that my expectations were exceeded. Because of the nature of the game I cannot delve into why it is so good without spoiling it, but if your looking for the interactive experience of the year then this game is a safe choice.
  3. Oct 17, 2013
    I won't say a damn thing about this game. Every little thing I may talk about it will be a spoiler and this game is all about those spoilers eventually. SO if you want to know why this game is 10/10, go buy it now
  4. Oct 18, 2013
    It's a fun, refreshing experience. It's not much of a game though, much more of an experience or some sort of art within itself. While I did enjoy the game very much I also do think most reviewers highly exaggerate. It's a fun 2-3 hour experience depending how curious you are. I myself played around 2½ and went every path, discovering 95% of what the game has to offer. I looked it up soIt's a fun, refreshing experience. It's not much of a game though, much more of an experience or some sort of art within itself. While I did enjoy the game very much I also do think most reviewers highly exaggerate. It's a fun 2-3 hour experience depending how curious you are. I myself played around 2½ and went every path, discovering 95% of what the game has to offer. I looked it up so that's why I know that I missed two easter eggs. Overall the narrator was great. the gameplay nonexistent, but the experience humorous and interesting. I would recommend this to anyone who doesn't mind shorter experiences with no replay value. Once you have seen all the paths and endings there is no reason to ever play again as you discovered everything there is and then it just repeats itself. Good game, but nowhere near 'OMG best game eva, GOTY 2013!' as many silly fan boys make it out to be. Expand
  5. Oct 18, 2013
    The TLDR; It's a little short, but every second is fantastic. It took me about three hours to complete. I'm glad I spent my time playing it however. This game also isn't for everyone, probably. If you're used to, and only play, fast paced action games, you might not like it. It's more of an interactive/immersive story than a game really. Worth your time? ABSOLUTELY. Worth your money?The TLDR; It's a little short, but every second is fantastic. It took me about three hours to complete. I'm glad I spent my time playing it however. This game also isn't for everyone, probably. If you're used to, and only play, fast paced action games, you might not like it. It's more of an interactive/immersive story than a game really. Worth your time? ABSOLUTELY. Worth your money? Maybe. It depends Keep in mind, it's $15 for 2-4 hours of play. That might be worth it to you, it might not be. It was for me. I freakin loved this game. But keep in mind, you're not getting a lot of quantity for your money. Just a lot of quality. But if it goes on sale, buy it. Buy the crap out of it. It's great. Expand
  6. Oct 17, 2013
    The probability of anybody expecting or even anticipating something as mindblowing as "the Stanley Parable" is next to none. But it happened, and the Stanley's path is a wonderful journey of emotions, interactions and fun. For what seemed like hours, I was sitting back, and enjoying the narrative experience that the Stanley's Parable is. The truth was, the game is so rich and diverse inThe probability of anybody expecting or even anticipating something as mindblowing as "the Stanley Parable" is next to none. But it happened, and the Stanley's path is a wonderful journey of emotions, interactions and fun. For what seemed like hours, I was sitting back, and enjoying the narrative experience that the Stanley's Parable is. The truth was, the game is so rich and diverse in it's very core that it dragged me in it's story far more than it should. Everything about the game that needs to be executed properly, well... is. It exceeds my expectations of top-notch games with it's original approach to an original setting. The great factor about the Stanley Parable is it's terrific replay value. I couldn't believe how much fun could discovering all the endings be, as well as how funny and original many of the jokes and pun this game makes are. It is the first game this year that makes me really think about what it tries to present to the player, with it's clever monologues and great scripting. It is hard for me not to recommend this masterpiece to everyone I know, but I think YOU! will do. Good luck trying to exit the beautiful, simplistic world of The Stanley Parable, because I'm still trapped in the room 427. Expand
  7. Oct 17, 2013
    This is the first time I've been properly astounded by a game since the portal series, after an hour I had to quit the game and just sit for a while, thinking. BUY THIS GAME!
  8. Oct 18, 2013
    The game sets out to prove how flawed and pointless modern gaming is, and proves the point perfectly, with dozens of examples that are thought-provoking and in some cases quite entertaining. I haven't laughed so much at a game in a long time.

There is hope for gaming after all.
  9. Oct 19, 2013
    The Stanley Parable is a first person exploration game. You will play as Stanley, and you will not play as Stanley. You will follow a story, you will not follow a story. You will have a choice, you will have no choice. The game will end, the game will never end.
  10. Nov 8, 2013
    Oh My God! This game may be short, but I garantee you that after you played it throughout all the endings for one or more times, you will still come out Amazing game, with simple mechanics and a great narration! Highly recommended!
  11. Nov 1, 2013
    Without giving anything away, this game is very unique and will f*** with your mind at first. It has some funny moments and references. You will play it for max 2 hours and it has 0 replay value once you've finish it all, but it deserves to be played at least once by everybody. A fun, entertaining little game.
  12. Nov 8, 2013
    This is a must play. It is just another Half-Life mod, but this one is different. It offers an experience of many endings that will make you think about your life and everything around you.
  13. Dec 19, 2013
    A Dostoyevsky-esque testament to the fact that games can display existential philosophy beautifully without needing any flashy effects.

The Stanley Parable is a game which requires playing through the same general sets of experiences over and over again to get an idea about the nature of storytelling and of reality itself.
  14. May 2, 2014
    I bought this game on sale (3$). I'm very glad to have tried it. It's not much fun but it makes you thinking about what a video game is. I can describe it with just a word: mind-blowing.
  15. Nov 11, 2013
    Love it It got a Portal feeling to it.... and it got a portal lvl in it Awesome!!
  16. Dec 3, 2013
    This game is perfect. It is funny (lots of fun and laughs!), intriguing, it has action, sure, and also thrill.
    It's perfect In the sense that there is nothing actually "missing" or that could have been done better.
    The concept is innovative and brilliant! I love how the Narrator voice (which is perfectly interpreted) is fundamental to the fun (and it really demonstrates you that, in
    The concept is innovative and brilliant!
    I love how the Narrator voice (which is perfectly interpreted) is fundamental to the fun (and it really demonstrates you that, in some occasions, literally).
    It's even philosophical at some points.
    It's a mature game that can really teach you something or at least make you think.
    It's and experience that's totally worth the little money it costs.
  17. Dec 17, 2013
    I wouldn't call Stanley Parable a game, I call it an interactive experience. Imagine that it's like a choose your own adventure book. There were points where a decision (either to go with the narrator or against him) was tough, i wanted to see what would happen with both options.

Sure the game is short, but it blew my mind, it did things that completely baffled me. It is a great experience that everyone who loves video games should play. People who think that in order for a video game to be good you need a gun, should not play this game.... this experience is a lot deeper than that.
  18. Nov 4, 2013
    Stanley Parable is a fun ride for about 2 hours. It is fun to discover all the endings, and offers one of those fun games that you can let a friend play to see what ending they get. Unfortunately this can't really be called a game, there is no conflict, no action, no NPCs, it's just one of those strange releases that should be played at least once, because telling someone what the StanleyStanley Parable is a fun ride for about 2 hours. It is fun to discover all the endings, and offers one of those fun games that you can let a friend play to see what ending they get. Unfortunately this can't really be called a game, there is no conflict, no action, no NPCs, it's just one of those strange releases that should be played at least once, because telling someone what the Stanley Parable is about is pretty difficult. It's definitely something everyone should try at least once Expand
  19. Nov 19, 2013
    This is definitely one of the more creative games I've seen! Everything about it is amazing. I can't say too much, because it might spoil on of the endings (There's more than one), other than get it now!
  20. Oct 25, 2013
    This game is amazing. If you are looking across the internet for reviews and videos, don't. The best way to experience this game is to go in blind. That is why I'm not going to tell you anything except it's good. Bad thing is that it's definetly short, kept me interested for about 2 hours. Also I WANT THAT UNACHIEVABLE ACHIEVEMENT DAMN IT.
  21. Dec 28, 2013
    This does not intend to be a game, so treating it as one would be inappropriate. Definitely not for everyone. It is pretty short but wonderful, you could burn that money in far more unenjoyable ways, which do not make you 'think'. It deserves 10 not at all for its duration, popularity or gameplay, but rather for its original plot which it achieves within its means and the amount ofThis does not intend to be a game, so treating it as one would be inappropriate. Definitely not for everyone. It is pretty short but wonderful, you could burn that money in far more unenjoyable ways, which do not make you 'think'. It deserves 10 not at all for its duration, popularity or gameplay, but rather for its original plot which it achieves within its means and the amount of laughter it caused (I cannot remember the last time I laughed so much during a game/film). Perhaps more for people who are (or think they are) intellectual/philosophical... Expand
  22. Oct 27, 2013
    This a great thought provoking interactive story and a well spent few hours. Mature game players will get the most out of this game, with more drama than action.
  23. Oct 30, 2013
    Great story and writing, unlike anything I've ever seen. However, this game did cause me to feel nauseous after 30 minutes. I'm not really sure why, but I think it has something to do with Source engine, since I had the same issue with Half-Life 2. Also, the game is pretty short, so don't expect a long experience. But the story is awesome, so if you have a little bit of time, definitelyGreat story and writing, unlike anything I've ever seen. However, this game did cause me to feel nauseous after 30 minutes. I'm not really sure why, but I think it has something to do with Source engine, since I had the same issue with Half-Life 2. Also, the game is pretty short, so don't expect a long experience. But the story is awesome, so if you have a little bit of time, definitely give this a try. Expand
  24. Nov 3, 2013
    One of the most unique and compelling games you will ever play. The narrator is always so sarcastic, but also so enjoyable. The Stanley Parable also has a lot of replay-ability, because there are so many different ending. Definitely a game for everyone that enjoys having their brain confused at times.
  25. Nov 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Literally most creative game ever. It breaks the fourth-wall with good use. You will lose many hours to this games depth. There are extra dialog options by doing nothing. There are almost and infinite amount of things to do along the game. It is not only a game; It is more creative. I can even go to say that it isn't a game more so than it is a digital narrative journey. But the only way to truly appreciate the games attention to detail is to play the game. [spoiler] One of the options in a path is literally to unplug a cord to a phone as it rings. Another is where you just enable cheats in the game console. Then the narrator just puts you in a room with a table and keeps coming back to the point of how long he looked at tables to find the most serious table, and that the matter of enabling the cheats is a very serious matter and he must take action against it because he fears for you. Another time you stand in a broom closet and he first openly mocks the character then directly says the reason you are standing in the closet doing nothing is because the person playing has suddenly died- where he then yells to grab the attention of anyone listening to say you (The player) are dead. There are so many things to do it is crazy. This game offers more than just enjoyment, it offers and experience that no other game can offer you. This game is one of the best I have ever played and well worth the money spent. Expand
  26. Nov 7, 2013
    What begins as a very shiny interactive choose your own adventure style game quickly went south and I found myself staring at the wall beside my computer. I have never felt psychoanalyzed by a computer game, or even felt 'beaten' by one like this before. This the the most brilliant game I've ever played,

And it hate it.
  27. Nov 9, 2013
    This is a beautiful game with tons of content and fantastic witty writing, with about 20 different fun, interesting and sometimes sad endings, off the wall weird achievements, and a sense of true exploration 9/10.
  28. Mar 9, 2014
    Best thoughtprovoking game I've ever seen. People who think this game is boring, you're [not clever] people who don't understand the real deep sense game.
  29. Nov 15, 2013
    I can remember only few games, which are really original and still very playable. Stanley Parable is one of them. Not so quite a masterpiece, like Portal games, but very interesting game, which asking so many questions, but don't give any answers. Really good time for people, who likes to think and watching for something new. Great and amusing game in the long list of boring and clicheI can remember only few games, which are really original and still very playable. Stanley Parable is one of them. Not so quite a masterpiece, like Portal games, but very interesting game, which asking so many questions, but don't give any answers. Really good time for people, who likes to think and watching for something new. Great and amusing game in the long list of boring and cliche games, like a real treasure! Expand
  30. Nov 13, 2013
    Finally something different but of course i can't give it 10 because it's too limitate, this game is very beautiful but if it cost 4,99$ was PERFECT. I play it half hour and find 6/7 different endings, i read the total endings is 18 so is very awesome for an indie game! The narrator is very great, like Wheatley on Portal 2. It's funny becouse some ending is "long" and you think "Ah, ok,Finally something different but of course i can't give it 10 because it's too limitate, this game is very beautiful but if it cost 4,99$ was PERFECT. I play it half hour and find 6/7 different endings, i read the total endings is 18 so is very awesome for an indie game! The narrator is very great, like Wheatley on Portal 2. It's funny becouse some ending is "long" and you think "Ah, ok, now it's end so i restart from beginning" but no! ahhahaha very enjoy it. Expand

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Mar 11, 2014
    The Stanley Parable is many things. It's an interactive comedy, an existential riddle and an experiment in storytelling. Most importantly, it's pretty good. [Nov 2013]
  2. Jan 23, 2014
    It's one of those games that tries and succeeds in making a bold statement. Be prepared for something really special.
  3. Games Master UK
    Dec 25, 2013
    Step away from this review and play it now. Or don't. Whatever you do is already ordained. OR IS IT?! [Jan 2014, p.83]