7.6

1. R.J.M.
    Mar 25, 2004
    This game kicks Ass. the action is Sweeeeeet. it is so easy and FUN to play. I have finished it 4 or 5 times !
  2. TheVoice
    Jun 17, 2003
    The graphics can be improved. Also, the game is too scary for me as the player has to explore dark and spooky areas which I have phobia doing so.
  3. Gaz
    Oct 27, 2002
    The game overall in my opinion is poor. The graphics are ordinary and the whole concept is based around sending wave after wave of monsters and soldiers after you. There is only 2 types of soldier and seemingly 3 types of "Thing", rangin from critters, medium things and "end of level baddie things". What I don't like is how the soldiers fire endlessly at you, never run out of ammo The game overall in my opinion is poor. The graphics are ordinary and the whole concept is based around sending wave after wave of monsters and soldiers after you. There is only 2 types of soldier and seemingly 3 types of "Thing", rangin from critters, medium things and "end of level baddie things". What I don't like is how the soldiers fire endlessly at you, never run out of ammo and even drop ammo when they die. How is this possible?? I got bored of this game after around an hour and totally regretted purchasing it. Anyone reading this interested in buying the game should look in Amazon.co.uk as I will be selling it very low cost. Very disappointed. Expand
  4. Oct 11, 2010
    Personally I loved this game. It's a great Third-Person Shooter, though it is hindered by a few small problems. A great rise in difficulty towards the end and a lack of quick-saves and quick-loads (it's a console port, go figure) make you have to start from the start of the level (unless you found a save point, which means every time you die you have to quit to the main menu to load to thePersonally I loved this game. It's a great Third-Person Shooter, though it is hindered by a few small problems. A great rise in difficulty towards the end and a lack of quick-saves and quick-loads (it's a console port, go figure) make you have to start from the start of the level (unless you found a save point, which means every time you die you have to quit to the main menu to load to the save point). The scripted thing outbreaks and the whole "puke 'n fuses" business (as seen in SpoonyOne's review). Other than that I've played through it about 3 times now and I love it. Expand
  5. MikeK.
    Sep 18, 2002
    It's pretty good, level design are kind of short and corny...but its really cool when you have people who are with you and help out. The third person view is nice to look at but terrible to kill stuff, and the auto aim is dumb.
  6. JonC.
    Dec 9, 2003
    Great game with the notable exceptions of almost everyone you meet in the game is a thing. Hardly anyone is human. And for those of them that are human. what becomes of them at the end of the game? We only get to see Blake being rescued by McCready. What about the actual humans!?!?!? A disappointing incomplete ending.
  7. NightWo1f
    Feb 20, 2003
    Ok, I've played through half the game so far. If you like good scares, play at night with all but a background light (so you can see controls) on and the sound up, this game will screw you up. ;) Gameplay is good, the only bad point being in third person without a crosshair to aim with. First person gives you a crosshair, but is too difficult to hold down as you try to move. The Ok, I've played through half the game so far. If you like good scares, play at night with all but a background light (so you can see controls) on and the sound up, this game will screw you up. ;) Gameplay is good, the only bad point being in third person without a crosshair to aim with. First person gives you a crosshair, but is too difficult to hold down as you try to move. The levels are fine, and quite difficult if you're playing on hard. Ammo can be scarce, which adds to the tension when you can hear something 'BIG' nearby. Graphics are fine, nothing special here. Sound is just plain dang creepy. During some cutscenes there's a glitch where characters are talking, but all you can hear is a heartbeat. Why? This game is worth $30 bucks and some late at night play. Parents, do NOT let young kids play this or be prepared to have to put up with some nightmares or tripping over them cause they're sleeping outside your door. Expand
  8. JasonM.
    Aug 20, 2003
    Game is great. The updates i had to make to me machine were not. I havent had any other problems with it other than that.
    Jun 29, 2003
    It is a very good game and is very creepy and freeky the grapics are awsome but the downside is that the things are almost impossible to kill and i like that you get to control your own team.
  10. Mar 6, 2012
    Despite the fact that this game has numerous plot holes in it's story, some odd game play situations and sometimes corny voice acting, it remains till this day a very atmospheric game that's very fun to play.
  11. Jun 21, 2013
    These movie games tend to pretty bad but this one is actually pretty good! It's not perfect and there are some rather silly "things" in the game like the pointless junction boxes and the fact that your teammates are really dumb. The aiming system is really annoying and does take a while to get used too. The gameplay is rather fun as the enemies are quite challenging to fight in fact thisThese movie games tend to pretty bad but this one is actually pretty good! It's not perfect and there are some rather silly "things" in the game like the pointless junction boxes and the fact that your teammates are really dumb. The aiming system is really annoying and does take a while to get used too. The gameplay is rather fun as the enemies are quite challenging to fight in fact this game is really god damn difficult at times. The story is very simple but the bad guys plan is a bit silly.

Overall if your looking for a good survival horror type game you should pick this up as it is quite cheap.

1. It's like the design team started designing a good game, complete with the groundwork for the fear and trust system and then decided to throw it all to the wind and turn the game into some sort of half-cocked Half-Life clone, except without the playability or shock value of that title.
  2. Excellent, moody and atmospheric, and at some points downright creepy.
  3. The game is fairly short. The overall impression was also reduced with those sound bugs and camera issues I mentioned. Still, the excellent visuals and squad-based gameplay compensate for all of that and they make The Thing a truly entertaining product.