7.6

1. Gaz
    Oct 27, 2002
    The game overall in my opinion is poor. The graphics are ordinary and the whole concept is based around sending wave after wave of monsters and soldiers after you. There is only 2 types of soldier and seemingly 3 types of "Thing", rangin from critters, medium things and "end of level baddie things". What I don't like is how the soldiers fire endlessly at you, never run out of ammo The game overall in my opinion is poor. The graphics are ordinary and the whole concept is based around sending wave after wave of monsters and soldiers after you. There is only 2 types of soldier and seemingly 3 types of "Thing", rangin from critters, medium things and "end of level baddie things". What I don't like is how the soldiers fire endlessly at you, never run out of ammo and even drop ammo when they die. How is this possible?? I got bored of this game after around an hour and totally regretted purchasing it. Anyone reading this interested in buying the game should look in Amazon.co.uk as I will be selling it very low cost. Very disappointed. Expand

1. It's like the design team started designing a good game, complete with the groundwork for the fear and trust system and then decided to throw it all to the wind and turn the game into some sort of half-cocked Half-Life clone, except without the playability or shock value of that title.
  2. Excellent, moody and atmospheric, and at some points downright creepy.
  3. The game is fairly short. The overall impression was also reduced with those sound bugs and camera issues I mentioned. Still, the excellent visuals and squad-based gameplay compensate for all of that and they make The Thing a truly entertaining product.