7.6

1. Aug 23, 2013
    This was a massive step down from the original game. The DLC is incredibly shot maybe an hour in length. Each character's story is incredibly short and some are just plain uninteresting. Sure there's a reference or link to the original game but while that gives you a moment of "Oh, cool!" it is not developed enough to be interesting. The 5 stories crossover in parts (mostly location) butThis was a massive step down from the original game. The DLC is incredibly shot maybe an hour in length. Each character's story is incredibly short and some are just plain uninteresting. Sure there's a reference or link to the original game but while that gives you a moment of "Oh, cool!" it is not developed enough to be interesting. The 5 stories crossover in parts (mostly location) but even that novelty wares off quickly. Each character's story finishes just as it starts to get interesting, leaving you unfulfilled as you go onto the next one. Each story feels like an unfinished project and the ending serves as a "lets see which stories you played right", and even that seems to cut off early. I wouldn't recommend buying this DLC, but the full game is amazing. Expand
  2. Jul 7, 2013
    Granted, this DLC is only the price of about a beer or two, but I honestly think I would have enjoyed a beer more. Maybe it's just the fact that the original game is so well made and gave me so much for the money I spent, but I can't help but feel that this DLC is way too thin. I'm still OK with having bought the game because I feel like I have supported a studio that I really like, butGranted, this DLC is only the price of about a beer or two, but I honestly think I would have enjoyed a beer more. Maybe it's just the fact that the original game is so well made and gave me so much for the money I spent, but I can't help but feel that this DLC is way too thin. I'm still OK with having bought the game because I feel like I have supported a studio that I really like, but that shouldn't be a reason to buy a game. Expand
  3. zjk
    Jul 7, 2013
    Lucky to get 90 minutes out of the game. The choices you make have no impact on the story line as it is so short they are never revisited. Pales in comparison to the original series, in saying that I hope its not another 8 months before we see the next DLC and that it is lengthened by a considerable amount.

Save your money for now.
  4. Mar 18, 2014
    Bought this when it was released but have not had a chance to try it until recently. Now the game just hangs up at a black screen whenever I try to start an episode and it seems this is a common problem that has popped up since 400 days. I played the game with absolutely zero problems before installing 400 days, and now I can't even refresh on the base story so I can play the new seasonBought this when it was released but have not had a chance to try it until recently. Now the game just hangs up at a black screen whenever I try to start an episode and it seems this is a common problem that has popped up since 400 days. I played the game with absolutely zero problems before installing 400 days, and now I can't even refresh on the base story so I can play the new season because 400 days broke the game. Expand
  5. Sep 12, 2014
    I loved season 1 and 2 so I'm not just dogging on the series here, just this dlc.

A quote from the steam description: " Echoes of the choices you made in Season 1 will carry over into '400 Days' and the choices you make in '400 Days' will resonate into Season 2." That line is complete garbage. What you do in 400 days doesn't mean anything in season 2. There are chances for the

That line is complete garbage. What you do in 400 days doesn't mean anything in season 2. There are chances for the characters to have like 5 second cameos base on one conversation you have at the end of 400 days and that's it. WHOOHOO if I click response 1 then characters A,B,C show up for 5 seconds and if I click response 2 then characters D,E,F show up for 5 seconds. There is only one character who becomes a main one in season 2 and your choices with that character don't matter one bit. Very disappointing.

Also it's $5 base price. Don't spend that, buy it on sale or not at all cus it is only an hour long. For $5. One. Hour. I've spent $5 on entire games that last me 50+ hours. There is no value here and no reason to play because of my first point so you might as well just watch someone else play it on youtube or something.

The stories themselves are kind of cool and interesting and well written as you'd expect from this series,and the only reason I give this a 3 and not a 0, but like I said, short and your decisions don't matter so there's no point in buying it.

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Oct 7, 2013
    The Walking Dead. 400 Days offers the same great The Walking Dead experience, but this time with a focus on short stories instead of one larger one. Though there still could be some more actual interaction and less watching cutscenes, the quality of writing and experimenting in short story narrative more than makes up for it. [Aug 2013]
  2. Sep 10, 2013
    By telling five different shorter stories Talltale manages to accelerate the pace of the The Walking Dead series. It has its complications but mostly feels fresh and exciting. 400 Days may not be as well written or as emotionally resonant as the episodes in season one but as an appetizer for the upcoming second season it works very well.
  3. Hyper Magazine
    Aug 8, 2013
    Like a "best of" The Walking Dead, 400 Days is brief and exciting, even if it feels a little more like a demo than a game. [Sept 2013, p.75]