8.6

1. May 8, 2013
    Genius, It has the most compelling, emotional, shocking and intense story i ever played in a video game, I find it way better then the TV show, the characters reactions make sense, the various decisions are neat, cuz unlike the TV series there is no BAD/GOOD choice or GOOD GUY/BAD GUY cliches, most choices that you and other characters make are presented as a matter of perspective, and the story line builds consistent consequences for the crazy things some characters might do (Lilly's father, the guy who kidnapped Clementine, lilly -in a way-) and the characters themselves are very compelling, Lee, you mostly build lee's persona which is already interesting, Clementine is so cute, and is probably the best child character ever in a video game, with a great voice acting, There are lots of other interesting people too, Carley, Molly, Christa, Mike, the homeless guy..etc

But i guess the most important aspect of the story is that what your group is doing makes sense, for example they live in the 21 century, they try using radios, TV.. etc (such aspects don't exist in the TV show!), Secondly, they do understand it's pointless to find a permanent place to stay in a city full of walkers, so they always move, and when they do stay for long periods in one spot, a valid reason is provided, like waiting for the army to roll in, which they fast realize it's not going to happen so they move on..

And although the game-play is Click-to-Play, which is obviously bogus and stupid, especially for a walking dead game which you'd expect to have a very action-packed gameplay, but the story telling compensate that pretty good, and the game itself make the click-to-play thing rather fun.. it feels more like watching a neat movie then playing game, i haven't counted but i'm pretty sure that if you take all the cut-scenes out you'd probably get less then 3 hours game-play, but still it's amazingly fun.
  2. May 30, 2013
    "This is not a game." You know what? I might not consider a game either. I'd consider it- an interactive story. But jeezy creezy what a story. If you wanna be hit in the feels you gotta experience this game. Right. In. The. Feels. Numerous times! My emotions were jerked around so much I thought this game was my x-girlfriend. If you love story and characters and wanna experience what feelings are you gotta play this. Expand
  3. May 18, 2013
    Clearly one of the most surprising games i have very played. This game emotionally attaches you to it's characters and you will really start to care about them. It's story will take you on a journey that will make you sweat. You will feel sad, you will feel relief, and you will feel sacrifice. Story in this game is it's strongest aspect. Graphics are not the best, but they are rarely a problem at all. You will probably play this game more than once because of it's game changing decision making. Every choice counts. You make your character the way you want. This is a must own. Expand
  4. Jan 7, 2013
    This game is perfect concerning the emotions it transports through the story and the decisions. I don't know the comics or TV series and I was completely satisfied with the outcome. There are just three issues (two minor, one major) that I didn't like about the game after playing it once (and I'll play it again, of course): First thing is that sometimes the decisions you made in the past episodes aren't reflected correctly in the "What happened in the last episode"-scenes and even some dialogues didn't reflect what I was actually doing or saying either. The second minor issue is that it's way too easy. I like adventure games but it seemed like it had this "casual game" feeling: no real item combination or usage (only if the icon for the item appeared), low interaction possibilities with the "useless" environment and these limitations make it easy to succeed.

The major problem is that the last episode is relatively short and feels like they wanted to end it quick because all story content has been told. I'm looking forward to a sequel. It deserves one for real.

I enjoyed it and I will enjoy it again when I play it a second time.

For those who didn't like the content or don't care much about it: Think of this game as if it was you in this situation and what you would do. Think of you choosing who should survive and who shouldn't and then again think about the people you wanted to save but couldn't. This is such an intense feeling you get. And about the ones complaining of the low impact of choices: You can choose but it's not said that all your choices are gonna lead to something that is inevitable. I was surprised really often which makes this game more thrilling. Another fact is that it's no complete game split in episodes. Usually, they didn't even get started working on episode five when the first comes out and then have to rely on what happened before in all episodes. If you had more high impact choices, you had more spreading content which might confuse the story telling later on for sure and making it very complicated to code and implement in a logical way. Everything that a story-driven game needs is one ending. I mean, what would you do with more endings anyways? It's better to have a really good one than eight so-so endings. I played some Bioware and Lionhead titles and none of these games had choices that felt so deep emotional at all, even though they had huge impact. You either know a choice is good or bad, but The Walking Dead proves that some of these choices are all bad, maybe risky and you're choosing the better option.

Maybe it's better not to only play through the game but to think about what you're actually playing. You might find it more entertaining then.
  5. Jan 8, 2013
    It's an awesome game with nice graphic and a exceptional sound, prooving this in every second when you play it.But the best part is the amazing story.
    This game give a new face to point and click games.
  6. Jan 13, 2013
    This is a remarkable game. As some of the critics have said, this is not a brilliant piece of game design, but that's in the same way that Heavy Rain wasn't a brilliantly designed game. Nonetheless, it will remain in my mind long after most games I've ever played.

I'm writing this in the middle of the night having finished the game about an hour ago. So many images are flashing through
    my mind, rather than just an impression or a generic memory of shooting stuff.

If you are an adult you should play this game.
  7. Jan 15, 2013
    A great game for sure, i have never seen and experienced such great story in a video game but as far as the game play is concerned its not much then just quick time events and button mashing.Its not a game of the year for me but had much fun playing through it. Its story was very addictive and i wanted to keep playing through it. A must play game for sure
  8. Jan 17, 2013
    Последнюю игру студии должны увидеть все фанаты одноименного комикса и сериала, ее по достоинству оценят и просто любители хороших квестов с глубоким драматичным сюжетом, с красочными персонажами и богатым выбором развития событий. Она как кино: только в этом кино мы сами исполняем роль сценаристов, режиссеров и главных героев. Наблюдаем за историей со стороны и изнутри. Окунаемся просто в непередаваемые впечатления от редкого примера потрясающего квеста и хищно крутимся поодаль, ожидая очередной кровавой развязки. Expand
  9. Mar 8, 2014
    This game is awesome, nothing less.

I got 18hs straight playing it, just cannot stop until finish, through a really good and very tense narrative and different action/gameplay style who puts you in the middle of difficult decisions, which have direct impact on what's going on next.

You have not always the time to think about, just react, but if your reactions are bad you can have
    troubles now or after, consequences brought by your decisions. And just like on real life, some of them you will have to carry with you until the end of story.

Although you have to follow a lot of dialogues, more than real action, you cannot simply sit down and think, most of times. You have to be ready to act or make decisions, so you just stare at the screen, and not rarely you can feel you're really there, a deep immersion factor.

Soundtrack is decent, matching the tension. Graphics are wonderful, and history too.
    I can see just two problems about that game:

You can lost a split second, confusing by the controls, and sometimes it's lethal. The good news is that although the game have not a better save system than autosave, if you die on the middle of an action scene the autosave brings you exactly at the point you died.

Also, the game have a lot of replay value, if you think you can have different decisions to make and different things to handle according on how you act before. But the game needs a way to skip some cut scenes or even dialogues faster, for those who previously finished.

One of the best and imaginative games i've ever played.
  10. Feb 14, 2013
    Though it may be debatable that there may be not much game, it is made up by everything else. These tense moments, emotions and great story and dialogue makes up for this far beyond what I even expected to experience.
  11. Jan 23, 2013
    Beautiful, spectacular, emotional a few of the words to describe this outstanding game. In my 13 hours of experiencing this game, this masterpiece, i was amazed at the dialogue choices, varied environments, game play, and story. way worth the price and time, buy it buy it now.
  12. Feb 4, 2013
    This game has been getting g some very high scores and numerous accolades, I can safely say that the game fully deserves these. The game is not buggy at all on PC and I encountered no glitches on any of the 5 episodes. The characters and story and some of the best in all of video games and as one and there are so many twists and turns you can't help but be engrossed. The only real problem you may have is that the walking dead is more of a collection of 5 interactive movies than games as the focus is on story and characters rather than gameplay, but I personally have no problem with this as it makes it feel very unique and allows the story to be the priority. Overall unless you want to endlessly shoot zombies or solve puzzles like in telltales other adventure games I recommend everyone to give this game a shot. Expand
  13. Jun 5, 2013
    Fantastic game with a great story. If you are not interested in story then this is not the game for you. This game gets you very attached with characters and makes you really think about each decision you make and the implications. Seeing certain characters die can really have an emotional impact. For Season 2, I would hope the player decision's have more outcomes. Right now, the story will progress relatively the same way despite your decisions and I would hope Telltale adds different endings and changes in the plot-line based on the player's choices. Expand
  14. Feb 5, 2013
    The Walking Dead's superb writing, terrific voice acting, stunning artistic graphics, excellent characters and emotional moments make this a masterpiece. The main character, Lee, is easily the best designed virtual character of 2012. The great vast of characters and their realistic personality make you care about them. The story's superb writing are greatly introduced. And the ending, was depressing and amazing. However, some technical issues can't make The Walking Dead perfect. However, it's an amazing game, and probably the best of 2012. Expand
  15. Feb 12, 2013
    I think this game is rather a movie than a game, but thats aint a problem! The story is well written with fantastic characters. The graphic is a bit rusty but its somehow fits perfectly for the whole atmosphere.
  16. Feb 13, 2013
    If your a fan at all of the "Walking Dead" TV show, then this game is by far a MUST PLAY.

dont let the few haters get you down, this game has won its awards through well written story and action sequences.

This is one of the few games that had me at the edge of my seat one moment then utterly breathless in shock at another moment, and finally in tears in yet a different scene.

This game will run you through a rollercoaster of emotions and thrills that you wont soon forget.
  17. Feb 15, 2013
    Sure, its quite hard to be called a game itself but it certainly is a game. Maybe even the best game in that genre. The graphics are totally fine, the characters are awesome, so is the story.
    As long as you don't expect a game like all those zombie shooters etc. you will get an entertainment for cold, rainy evenings that's worth every cent. Also: play it with your girlfriend or boyfriend
    whatever better "movie" than most TV-trash. Expand
  18. Feb 16, 2013
    The Walking Dead has some of the best storytelling in video games and also characters you actually cared about and became emotionally attached. Definitely the best game of 2012, 10/10
  19. Jan 17, 2014
    the walking dead game is an amazing game. it is extremely sad and emotional. the characters and the relationships between them are amazing, and you actions change the relationships. the games "choose you own path" system is great. every choice you make has consequences, and theyre not always good. the graphic style is also good. characters show real emotion, and the style fits the game. the game is really immersive, and the music is atmospheric. the game has some puzzles, which are sometimes good bt other times are a bit boring and require you to see something rather than actually think.
    still, this is an amazing game. it doesnt show zombies as something to butcher, like most games (left4dead). if you want a sad, amazing and serious mature game the buy this!!!!!!!!!
  20. Mar 25, 2013
    In "The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series", you take on the role of Lee Everett, a convicted murderer on his way to jail when the infection introduces itself to him. When he meets the little girl, Clementine, they go on an emotional adventure, filled with personal decisions and heartwarming moments. Even though the characters may move a bit stiff overall, this doesn't affect the game what so ever. The story is amazing, the visuals art artfully stunning and the gameplay is so simple yet effective that you can make you feel as if every move counts. Expand
  21. Apr 14, 2013
    Seldom is a game released now where you actually care about what happens to the characters. This game so surpasses the television show, it's astonishing. It's the first game, and I'm not afraid to admit it, that made me tear up. The writing is that good. I actually emailed the writer and got a response back, it was very nice to see the creators/writers respond to fans (maybe because it was positive feedback) but still I was extremely moved by this story. I found the game play to be very tense at times, akin to that of Heavy Rain (another amazing game, amazing story). The graphics are fine, people are upset because they want the Crysis 3 or Battlefield whatever with every game nowadays. I look for a story where I can come away with something meaningful and memorable. Sure, how the game plays is important but if you're looking for a game without a lot of dialogue and with fast action, Michael Bay-esc movie then don't spend your money on something like this. But if you want a story, this is a great game and it can become quite tense at times. Expand
  22. May 26, 2013
    The best game I have ever played in the last year and 2013 so far in terms of story. I really can't wait for Season2 which is aimed at fall this year.

The ending is so sad, if you played all Episodes without stopping in between and you get to the ends you will probably cry or feel upset for the next few hours after you finished the game, this is how the story will capture your emotion.
    well done designers. Expand
  23. Mar 15, 2013
    One of the best games I have ever played, if not the best. This game provides a GREAT storyline. I don't normally feel too much emotion when playing a game, but when I play this, I truly feel for what the characters are going through. I would especially recommend this for fans of the comic book and show.
  24. Mar 9, 2013
    Rather an interactive movie than a game. If you look at it like this, it's amazing. And you get to make a lot of hard choices, which really affect the story. I highly recommend it if you like horror movies. Only reason I'm not giving it a 10 is because the graphics is not especially great, and for given level of detail it stresses my PC quite a lot.
  25. Mar 8, 2013
    As a game this isn't much... As an interactive story this has it all!!! And if you as me are a big fan of the walking dead series you will get hooked in this story. The story is beautifully written and at the same time it remains true to Kirkman's universe. The visual design is highly stylized and creates some wonderful scenes that adapts very well to the story as it unfolds according your choices through the "game". Expand
  26. Mar 8, 2013
    This is more than just simply click and point game, this game is pure art of story telling, definitly must play for every casual and hardcore gamer who´s into zombies
  27. Mar 10, 2013
    This game will surprise you, no matter what prior conceptions you walk into it with. It's the only game that has genuinely brought me to tears. It's not a zombie game in the traditional sense, more it is a game about people. It has genuinely great storytelling, expertly using the zombie theme as a driving force in the story, avoiding the trap of bogging down in the details. What comes from this is a story that is wonderfully human, and that makes it beautifully endearing. I have recommended that everyone I know play this game, simply because I know not a single person would regret meeting the characters, and getting involved with them

I wouldn't give many games 10/10, but I really can't give this anything but. It's a masterpiece.
  28. Apr 26, 2013
    One of the reasons i created this account was to share my impressions regarding this PC adventure i have experienced. This game simply left me broken on the inside, in a way very few pieces of art/entertainment have managed to. Probably the book Sputnik Sweetheart by Murakami and the movie Requiem for a Dream by Darren Aronofsky are the only ones who had the same effect.
    First of all,
    this game is NOT for children. Secondly, it is not for hypersensitives. The reason? The huge quantity of feelings it triggers. The characters are so amazingly written and so believable that u'll end up loving most of them and hating the rest. The problem is that this is a game about death. In all forms and flavours. Most of these characters die, usually in more than gruesome manners, and you are generally left to feel helpless and contemplate the frailty that is life. This is a game which depicts the entire range of human dark emotions, with flawless accuracy and a really punishing tone.
    The entire game is so emotionally overwhelming that you might have problems getting to the end of it. I have more than once regretted starting it and almost quit the adventure 3 times. The next moment however, i was craving for more, ending up asking myself whether i might actually be a masochist. And that's this game in a nutshell a rollercoaster inside a world where u will be challenged to survive, only to realise that you are outmatched no matter what you do, no matter your skills or your thought processes. Sure, u might end up saving a person here and there, but it is only temporary. In fact, the game sadistically exploits these relationships, allowing you to develop feelings towards the characters u saved only to see them crushed further down the road, when a previously avoidable human sacrifice becomes necessary in order to progress Throughout the entire game i felt like death is all around me, and it takes quite some skill to be able to offer this perspective in a stimulating and often philosophical manner.
    It is hard to give a score in a "traditional-looking" manner for a game like this. The gameplay is ok, especially for those who enjoy timed events and point-and-click adventures like Indigo Prophecy or Heavy Rain. What makes scoregiving hardest is the fact this game will rarely. if ever, make you feel "good" about yourself. You are an anti-hero, you don't save worlds, there is nothing awesome about you. Many moments will definitely make you cry. But that is what the game set out to do from the beginning, this is its plan, to beat the comfortable numbness of the traditional gamer. And in that department, it succeeds masterfully, probably better than all the games i've played in the last decade.
    Definitely not for the faint of heart, but a must play for those who want to experience a great story that will brutally remind you the importance, and limits, of being and staying alive....
  29. May 9, 2013
    this game has one of the greatest stories you will encounter in games and the ending will surely make you cry although it lacks some freedom but the choices you make affect the story telling which gives you a high replayability simply one of the best games of 2012
  30. Mar 12, 2013
    This is an all-around excellent game. The story and characters feel like they adapt to your decisions to create a very engaging experience. The "action" sequences are sparsely placed, but you never know what's around the corner. As a result, I felt more tension with this game than I ever did in Skyrim, which perfectly recreates the atmosphere of the Walking Dead. If you appreciate narrative and have an attention span of at least 10 minutes you will probably love this game. If you're looking for a game with action or number crunching you might not enjoy this, but it's still worthwhile to broaden your horizons once in a while. Expand
  31. Dec 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am writing this just after completing S2 E1:All that Remains

I played Season One All 5 Episodes as Lee helping Clem 400 Days DLC(Optional)
    and Now Season 2 Episode 1 as Clementine.this game .just got whole lot better

Climax of Season 1 Episode 5 makes everyone cry..Its emotional and pinnacle of the game

I love the choice driven theme which makes us want to come back for more
    and the Episodic Play of TellTale games which keeps us waiting and wanting

Its no wonder why It won 80+ Game of the Year Awards
    This game is for everyone..even if you are not a gamer donot like games
    I have been playing games since I am a kid and I tell you this is different

*MOre Spoilers*
    Everyone loves the main characters Clem & Lee
    After Lee dies, CLem is on her own

Each Episode average 2 hour gameplay and its cross platform(iOS too)
    You can use save files across and play anywhere
    All Episodes & Seasons Linked

Just play this game and you would not regret
  32. Apr 2, 2014
    The Walking Dead season 1 isn't really a game so much as it is an interactive comic book. So judging it from a gameplay perspective it's going to fall short. Gameplay consists of moving around and pushing a couple buttons to perform actions. No skill, timing, strategy, nothing.

That said though, wow, this interactive story is beyond amazing. It's the most engaging video game I've ever
    experienced, and I say experienced because you don't play this game, you experience it. That's why the gameplay is the way it is I believe. The plot is good, the characters deep and flawed in marvelous ways. I literally couldn't put this down, played for 3 days straight til I finished. Takes about 12 hours. By the end you have a real emotional connection to the characters. It's much better than a book or movie could ever be. Expand
  33. Mar 18, 2013
    This is the only (as far as I know) a game about zombies, where the meaning of the game is not based on action movie (Left4Dead) and not on the horror (Dead Island), namely, the character of the people, their emotions, actions, etc.
  34. Mar 20, 2013
    the game is very fun nice story strangely nice comics graphics just in some places it was boring to play but game is cool waiting for season 2 if they will work more for this game it will be my favorite game i didint like the end though because Lee died i wanted him in season 2 i even cried :D
  35. Mar 18, 2013
    Absolutely stunning, first game with an ending that made me cry, ever! The way the game captures the emotion is flawless and is filled with accurate AI, the ability to make your own choices, and plenty of friends (and enemies) to make. Must Get 10 out of 10
  36. Mar 20, 2013
    I only picked up this game in a steam sale as im a fan of the series, I was expecting the usual crappy excuse of a game trying to make a quick buck. How wrong was I! I was addicted from start to finish. It's a different style of game which is completely story driven, it makes you feel like the decisions you make matter and immerses you into the experience! A must buy for any Walking Dead Fan!
  37. Apr 27, 2013
    Best point and click game I have ever played. Characters are all interesting, except some of them that are just a pain in the ass which I'm glad are killed in spectacular fashion, voice acting is excellent, and it has plenty of moments that will make you cry. For $15, this game is a must must must buy. Can't wait for the next season.
  38. Mar 23, 2013
    This is a point-and-click adventure. This is not an action game. While I normally do not like point-and-click adventures, the story in this game is just irresistible. But again, it is a POINT-AND-CLICK adventure. Stop giving the game a zero and claiming it's "not a game" because it is not a genre that you prefer.
  39. Mar 23, 2013
    It's very rare that a game combines an interactive side to a solid story. This is game is so much more than a quick-time marathon. The controls are tasteful and un-repetitive, the characters are fantastically well constructed and the whole experience is refreshing. Refreshing in a blood and death sort of way.
  40. Mar 24, 2013
    Incredible story, unique gameplay and unforgettable moments abound make this game one of the best I have played in my life. Some may complain about the limited interactions of the user, but I found myself being captivated by a game that imitates life in horrible situations. I find that the people who dislike this game primarily complain about the "lack of action" in the game or the somewhat iffy past that Telltale Games carries but its best played with the open mind of it being an interactive story. I haven't personally met a sinlge person who played all the way through the game and didn't love it. Its not a shooter game by any means. It does not test how many headshots you can get or how accurate your fighting is, nor does challenge your puzzle solving skills like so many other revered games. Rather, it challenges moral choices when you are responisble for the hungry, angry and scared people around you.
    This game is not about fighting zombies nor is it even entirely about surviving from them, it is humanity continuing when life as we know it comes to an end. The characters in this game not only aid or hinder your chances at survival, but they represent the best and the worst in people when everything falls apart around them. They are so unique, so tangible and so real that I became emotionally devastated should any of my choices -or the fate of the game itself- hurt them. I could go on forever about the characters alone, but I can sum it up as being almost painfully real to witness the gravity of the apocalypse on each character and how they handle it individually. Even better, the game gives the player the options to be as human as possible as well by giving a variety of options for each situation, transforming them from brave leaders to panicked individuals or even viscious antagonists should one choose to be.
  41. Aug 1, 2013
    This game might not seem enjoyable at a glance, But if you pick it up you will be amazed. Every choice you make will have far reaching consequences. From taking supplies to trying to save a life. Each choice you make will change the story completely. The game does get emotional at times. The end will make you cry just as I have, But Telltale Games immerses you in a great world that has many more stories to tell. And Lee's story will never be exactly the same for another player. Expand
  42. Mar 27, 2013
    Amazing game you will never forget. Its been about a month since I finished it, I am not a big fan of the show but every time I see it I am reminded about this story.
  43. Apr 6, 2013
    This is probably the best game i have played in 2012 and 2013.
    The characters are just average people who are trying to survive in a zombie apocalypse.
    While the gameplay is terrible (puzzles don't go further than: use screwdriver on screw) it isn't really the part of this game you're here for.
    You're here for the story, the interactions you have with the other characters are amazing (a
    few times when a character i liked died, not a spoiler by the way, i started tearing up.) and the game asks you to make split second decisions which sometimes have a big impact on the rest of the story.
    The game remembers what choices you have made in the past and changes the dialogue accordingly.
    I recommend the walking dead to everyone who can excuse lacking gameplay for great characters.
  44. Apr 11, 2013
    The Walking Dead is an amazing and emotional experience. It has unique visuals and a great if not outstanding narrative. You can tell (no pun intended) that Telltale Games did a great job at making you develop feelings towards the characters in the game. Playing the game, there were difficult choices to make as you do not know if it would effect the story or not, which I applaud because I had to think quick and that I would have to think before I started speaking. It was an overall intense game and I am glad that I have The Walking Dead in my collection. Do I recommend this game? Yes! buy the game or you will be missing out! Expand
  45. Apr 9, 2013
    How anyone could rate below a 6 for this game is beyond me. This game is the absolute pinnacle of story-telling and relatable characters. Save for a few graphical glitches and other things, this is single-handedly the best game I've ever played.
  46. Apr 24, 2013
    Not the best "action" game but it wasn't meant to be. Telltale set out to tell a story with great characters and choices that the player makes that can change the game dramatically. One of the best gaming experiences I have ever had
  47. Apr 26, 2013
    Well... This was a pleasant surprise even though I came with big expectations. The story is engaging, the characters are alive and developing the tension is high, and the choices seem difficult and meaningful. Not to mention that the technical execution is excellent as well.
    Definitely one of the better games of 2012
  48. Jun 5, 2013
    In my opinion it's not really a game,more of an interactive movie really but holy crap is it a good interactive movie.The emotional payback of this game is huge,your choices affect everything,you will have to choose who lives,who dies and so on,it's brilliant.
  49. May 7, 2013
    The Walking Dead series is a point and click 5 parter with a small amount of keyboard movement involved. The story line is well thought out and choice made in earlier parts may come back to help or haunt you in the later stages. Although the original price tag of £29.99 was rather high as you had to wait for the other parts to be released, now you can pick it up £9.99 in most places with all parts ready to go. If your into the TV series or just want something different then this is worth a tenner. Expand
  50. Sep 28, 2013
    I'm giving the PC version the same score but I will say this game is best played with the keyboard and mouse on a PC you also have less bugs and other technical issues on the PC than the consoles or Vita.
  51. May 10, 2013
    Great art style and very emotional! I cried at the end of this game and I am normally a tough person and rarely cry. I was smiling all the way through the game the same as I do with the TV show! Worth the purchase. Best GAMING EXPERIENCE EVER
  52. Feb 2, 2014
    I personally loved this game. I found it much more entertaining than the TV show and liked how much impact your decisions could have. Thrilling game with very well-done emotional side. Would definitely recommend.
  53. May 16, 2013
    One of the best games I've ever played and the only one that's nearly reduced me to tears. Totally worth the money. The story keeps you wanting more, and you begin to like the characters. I felt all the emotions possible from a video game with this.
  54. Jul 4, 2013
    Do you like amazing games at amazing prices?

Do not listen to the crying about no choices, its not true. your choices do make a difference, characters will die or live, by your choices. There is only one thing THAT you can't stop by any choices you make. And your just going to have to play to find out!
  55. May 23, 2013
    This a game has a cruel, but a very deep feeling. While play this game, you will feel awkward and confused, but after play this game, you don't have any word for it. The game has a great, epic and horrible story and I will never forget that feeling.

Enjoy it
  56. May 25, 2013
    Este es un gran juego de genero aventura-accion, con buenos graficos y un buen gameplay; hay que destacar tambien la trama del juego.Su gameplay (rol 3D) esta muy bueno, porque puedes tomar tus propias decisiones y vas podiendo armar tu juego.
  57. Dec 29, 2013
    After a slow introduction and welcoming of characters ,Telltale games have created a Smash hit that will have you crying, cruising and slaughtering what everyone seems to love zombies! The walking dead had one of the most heart ranching story's and will go down in history as being one of the most immersive adventures to date. Lee the main protagonist must protect Clem the young girl who you grow to care for a surprisingly love. The walking dead is one of the best games around, apart from the casual freezes it will be money spent well. Expand
  58. Aug 2, 2013
    Do yourself a favor, this game is one of the best things I've ever played. Mainly focused on the extremely real characters and epic plotline, this has got to be on my top five games of all time. Please, just buy it, unless you have no food and water available, this game should be your first order of business.
  59. Jun 17, 2013
    This game is not about graphics or game play, its about a epic, well written story- that will leave you amazed by the end. As i went through the story 's episodes, i found my self immersed in the games story, making some of the hardest decisions you can ever make in a game. the game is tailored to the things you do throughout the experience.the character you meet and the choices you make will effect the game throughout. As you play there will be some characters you bond with.

The last episode i found myself almost in tears, due to the depth this story goes into; the mind blowing conclusion, that will leave you emotional. easily one of the best stories in a game- and other developers should take note.
  60. Jun 19, 2013
    For this genre this game is incredible, the story is so addictive and interesting it keeps you wanting more. The only negative thing about it is that it ends.
    Incredible story and gameplay, highly recommend.
  61. Jun 20, 2013
    One of the best story-driven games I've ever played,a little disapointed because Telltale Games told us that your choices affect story.This puts up a huge question:Are video games really art?
    You will go through more feelings with this,than with Titanic.
    All in all great game,gets an 9/10.
  62. Jun 22, 2013
    The Walking Dead is simply one of the best game ever made related to the story. Seriously, people who didn't cry at some parts have no heart. People who score this game less than 8 just don't have a clue of games and should not be allowed to rate in the first place. A big fact i also like is that your decisions really change the details of the progression.

I don't think there will be a
    game that will be more emotional than this one, maybe as emotional as The Walking dead, but nothing more. Recommendation for everyone! Expand
  63. Jul 2, 2013
    People who rate this game badly know absolutely nothing about gaming. Gaming is more than Call of Duty. Gaming is something that is to be experienced and enjoyed, using interaction to guide people through the game. This game has the best story I have ever played through. People rating this poorly will be saying that the gameplay was not as they expected or that the graphics aren't Battlefield 3 like. But I'm sorry, the story telling in this game is by far and away the best in any game and therefore will hopefully lead to better storytelling within gaming, thanks to this one game. Expand
  64. Jul 2, 2013
    Generally one of the best games out there. The story has emotional impacts on you and the game later on. And the ending... may or may not have made me cried :L
  65. Jul 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After playing only 39 hours of the walking dead, I have to admit that chopping of my arm didn't stop me from becoming a member of the undead. However what would you expect from being bitten. Lets start with the negative and end strongly on the positive.

Negatives:
    While you have lots of choices to make, no matter how you try and play the game punishes you by taking Clementine. A plot twist at that point could have Clementine running away to the hotel to find her parents because you said no and its something she really wants.

The controls do feel a little clunky and barely adapted for the PC. Take walking for example, its like there are imaginary boxes we cant walk into. Sticking to one view point also suck, why not allow some edge screen panning so we can look around more.

The game is limited to a small segment of story. This lets it down a little, not enough to annoy everyone but enough to be noticeable.

Positives:
    I'm not sure the walking dead should be called a game, It should be categorized as an interactive movie. This being said highlights how Telltale has crafted "game" that makes you develop emotions for characters. This is a quality best used for movies, a good game can have you randomly blowing up and killing thousands of people/humanoids. To be able to watch a movie and have an influence on it's characters is a great feeling for the users.

The game is by no means "Hard" but if it was you would stop paying interest to whats going on in the story.

On the whole I loved the walking dead but mostly for its story. I would recommended it to people even if they play it just once. If you buy the walking dead and don't finish it you are wasting your money. 9/10 for story 5/10 for user friendly
  66. Jul 13, 2013
    This is probably one of the best Story/Dialogue based games out there. It was so emotional and breathtaking to play. It was basically a well-written book/film that YOU were apart of. It truly deserves all the hype and I cannot believe that it isn't a 50 dollar game where it should be.
  67. Jul 14, 2013
    So first off, this Is not the amc version, It's based off the comic book.
    This Is a game where how you play, act and talk affects the other characters.
    As well as some hard decisions along the way, and the conversations aren't just something to watch.
    At some points in a conversation, you will be given 4 response choices (one almost always silence) and a amount of time to choose.
    And
    the voice acting is great! Barely anyone isn't a fleshed-out character.
    Though as with all telltale games, the animations (facial, walking, body language, etc.) are a tad bit mediocore.
    The game's art design is based off the comic and yet these characters still seem to hit home when it come to drama.
    I'm not going to talk about the story as you want to find it out yourself, but you probably want to know the start so here goes nothing....

You are Lee Everett, you were A teacher at a university in Atlanta and a senator slept with your wife causing you to kill him out of anger. So you're on your way to prison, and the driver asks you a few things about the case. You answer him as best as you can, but as you talk. You start to see more and more law enforcement vehicles shoot past, heading for the Atlanta and the police radio is buzzing about a few things to worry about, but the driver turns it off.
    Then after a while, someone gets in the highway and the officer driving you is looking the other way and hits him! Sending the car off the road with both of you inside!

Thats all i can say from here on out, the rest is for you to find out. The last thing i'm going to say about the game is it's puzzles. They're not just some blocks in the way of the story, they do require a quite a tad-bit of thinking. They're not half-bad and actually challenging if you haven't watched someone play through the game, but that doesn't mean you yourself can't figure them out.

Overall, this game gets a 9 out of ten from me.

This game is my personal favorite but i'm not letting that get in my way of giving fair scores, the 10 isn't there because of the animations and very slow pacing (though the slow pacing makes it feel more like a book that you're reading than a game, and i'm actually a guy who loves books)

It may have gotten game of the year, but that doesn't mean everyone likes it. But I do strongly reccomend this game, for the best experince. I suggest making choices based on what you would do, don't ask anyone else or read a guide. Play it as if Lee Everett were you.
  68. Jul 19, 2013
    god, forget about all games this is it. I mean it. This is the real game. I feel like other games are just waste of time. May the graphics aren't good enough but it feels like you're in the comic book. Feels like you are living in it. Just Awesome!
  69. Jul 20, 2013
    Really Cool. Different than a lot of games out there. You solve a few puzzles and make some fun decisions. A lot of decisions you make you only have 6 seconds to decide so it makes you feel like you are in the game a bit more. I like that. My favourite part about this game is how gory some of the scenes are. It's a good horror game.
  70. Jul 22, 2013
    Without a doubt the best game I've played in recent memory. Won't spoil anything, but rarely have I felt so emotionally connected to fictional characters, and certain moments made me cry my eyes out. Had to make a metacritic account just to review this game, absolutely fantastic.
  71. Dec 8, 2013
    Wow, what a ride this was. TellTale has done a great job. The writers created a story which was not only captivating but an amazing emotional experience. The Walking Dead is a comic-book drawn style adventure game in which the choices you make tailor the story you play going forward and continuously shape the people around you and your game play experience. Every action has consequences and you never can please everyone.

-- Gameplay
    -----------------
    The game mechanics are nice and simple. The story progresses through point-click action and mainly through dialog with the people you encounter.

During the dialogs you will be presented with several choices of answers.
    Each answer may or may not have consequences and alters how other people see you, trust you or even start disliking you.

Every now and then you will end up in a heavy story-changing scenario in which the story going forward is altered quite strongly.
    You might need to make a choice to save one or another person, run or fight or other difficult choice.
    Those choices alter the story quite drastic in places to the extend whereby you might end up continuing your story with different people then if you had made different choices or people start treating you completely different from that moment on.

-- The Story
    -----------------

The game places you in control of Lee a man on his way to prison as the story begins and has no idea yet what is happening.
    As you are trying to deal with the world as it now is you stumble across an 8 year old girl named Clementine who you will decide to help out and team up with.

For the duration of the story your relationship with Clementine and others you meet evolves and are shaped continuously based on the choices you make and how you treat each person.

I don't want to give to much of the main background story away so I'm not going into to much details.
    Let's just say, for the rest of the game you and Clementine will come across other people and groups, some highly irritating and disturbed while others are more neutral and well meaning, though you will find it hard to quickly know who to trust and who you can't.

Quite often you will find yourself in situations you wish you could make different choices then the ones presented or make choices you know might not be right but need to be made.

-----------------
    -- Summary
    -----------------

Personally I can only say that TellTale and the Writes have delivered something very simplistic but yet so wonderful you are feeling you are writing your own story which will grab you, slowly pulling you deeper and deeper into this emotional roller coaster ride and will not let you go.

By the end of Episode 5 you will just find yourself staring blankly at the credits slowly processing this whole experience.
    Well, that what it was like for me and I'm already looking very much forward to December 17th to continue on.

I cannot recommend this game highly enough and hope you will enjoy it as much as I have.
  72. Aug 30, 2013
    What can I say that hasn't already been said? I got hooked with this game seeing it on youtube and had to buy it as soon as it was complete on disc. Just loved it. The first and only time that I completely felt for the characters... I wanted them to get along well, to success (and even committted a few crimes just to keep things friendly between some characters). But It´s not for everybody because if you are looking for a shooter or a scary game, this is not the place. It´s almost like a movie where you have to decide what to do or say, and that actions will have consequences in the future. It´s really a unique game. Cannot wait for the second season! Please Telltale, hurry up! Expand
  73. Dec 27, 2013
    Ah.. my little new love..Clementine. One of the most precious little girls in comic, movie or video game history. She really makes this, harsh, anger-inducing but GREAT video game memorable.

The main character, Lee Everett is a good guy that got messed over and I really found playing out his relationship with his ward, student and loving, doting adopted daughter Clementine the most
    beautiful part of this game.

Its to a gift to raise and protect a little girl like this in this game and makes it for me a 9/10
  74. Sep 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is an absolute master piece, it's got the same art style as the comic books and in my opinion the best game of 2012. It's one of the only games that's ever made me cry because the ending is just so sad! Well done Telltale Games Expand
  75. Sep 14, 2013
    Probably THE most powerful game I've ever played in my life. Easily one of the best stories and an experience that truly puts every bit of weight of your choices on your shoulders. This is the first game where I've TRULY been able to insert myself into the main character because I chose who survives, who dies, and all of MY choices reap MY benefits or consequences. Sure...there's no high adrenaline, FPS action that have all the down-voters seek, but this game hits a completely different bulls-eye that creates an awesome experience. Highly recommended! TellTale Games did a great job with this one. Expand
  76. Jan 14, 2014
    Great storytelling and characters. Nothing special gameplay wise, but it's a great experience. The graphic style works well and all in all I had an awesome time with this game.
  77. Oct 8, 2013
    The Walking Dead does what other adventure games should, creating a story with characters the player can relate with and difficult choices with a large impact on the story.

Unlike many other "interactive story" games, choice matters and the game feels like what it's trying to be, an adventure game with a story as opposed to a blockbuster movie and proves that you don't need to be hyper
    realistic to convey emotion. Expand
  78. Nov 15, 2013
    This is an awesome game! If you play it, you really feel what the characters feel. You get a very intensive game experience even when you don't play adventures games every day.

Play it, you'll never forget it.

The only reason for not giving full score are some lags sometimes on my PC. There is no reason for these lags because the graphics requirements are normally not so high.
  79. Jan 21, 2014
    What can I say? It made me cry at the end of season one. I never felt such intimate, emotional moments in a PC game before. Even though I understood the rails, this whole concept was based on, I loved it from the very first, to the last second and I can't wait to continue with Season Two, Episode Two.

Story and the characters are the key element here, not the gameplay itself - which
    makes it an experience compared with other survival games or adventures. Expand
  80. Oct 27, 2013
    Story telling at its best. Gripped from start to end, along the way developing ever changing feeling towards the diverse characters that you meet in this Zombie Apocalypse. The game is split into 5 nicely paced out episodes, each adding their own different set of characters and twists and turns for the main protagonist and his companions the face. My favorite being episode 2. I am unable to remember feeling such tension in a any form of entertainment, let alone a game, than I did in episode 2. I personally enjoyed exploring the area of each scene and talking to all of the characters to hear of the stories they had to tell. Thoroughly deserved game of the year... pure brilliance from Telltale! Expand
  81. Oct 30, 2013
    I only have two games which i would call perfect. Portal and The Walking Dead. This story is so perfect i wanted to believe they were real. The art style is so nicely detailed and brilliant. When the I got to the end i cried that is how much this game makes you care. Play this game and if you do not love it, I do not know what to say.
  82. Nov 7, 2013
    This game was a almost one of the greatest games I have ever played. The game didn't ask much from my PC.

I thought the point and click form of gameplay would ruin the experience, but Telltale Games anaged to make it happen in a way that really works. The story was excellent, even if you didn't consider the ending. I must played this at least three times and still cry every time I
    finish the game. The voice acting was well-chosen and professionaly executed. The way the world was designed is spot on. The whole abondoned city and living in a motel thing is something that seems very realistic. The characters were all loveable or hateable in their own special way. This game is not repetitive, you never know what to excpect.

The comic book art style they chose was beautiful, despite the lack of realisme. Sometimes, you just need to stear away from the whole «Relistic graphics» circlejerk and just play a beautifly drawn game. My only issue with this game is how some of the sounds(guns and metal clinging) was not realistic. The game was also relatively buggy. If those bugs were non-existant, I would give this game a 10. But no one is perfect

Overall, this game was very fun to play and a fantastic piece of art. iw ould recommend you play this, considering season 2 is right around the corner!
  83. Nov 16, 2013
    The five episodes of The Walking Dead: Season One drag us into the worst scenario, an emotionally intense zombie apocalypse where every choice of the player is important. Visually it's like a comic, with a "gameplay mix" of the old Dragon's Lair and the classic Adventure games. A wonderful journey in a terribly corrupted world. VIRTUALINN.IT
  84. Nov 20, 2013
    Telltale has always been very hit and miss; however ‘The Walking Dead’ has definitely been the companies best release yet! The biggest positive of this title is the decision making element involved and how it has an effect on how you play! Ultimately, the outcomes will be very similar, but giving you the option to choose what happens at certain points, and deciding the best way to act in a situation, really makes the game much more interactive. This is what you should expect from a story telling game; however TellTale has now set a new standard and will need to go the extra mile to ensure they keep this quality. Overall, a very engaging game! Expand
  85. Nov 25, 2013
    Like others have said, this is more of a story adventure than your typical zombie shooter. Sure it has some moments where you will need to aim a weapon accurately, or maybe mash a button for a while but most of the game is understanding what is happening around you and making dialogue choices. And that's where the game excels your decisions actually have consequences. Characters will remember your choices and bring up those decisions in their conversations. There is no game that does storytelling quite like, or in my opinion, as well as The Walking Dead. If you are looking for purely a zombie shooter, try a different game. If you want a great interactive story look no further than The Walking Dead. Expand
  86. Dec 4, 2013
    Es una dura historia en un mundo apocaliptico. Con personajes increibles donde no sabes quien vivira y quien morira. En todo momento estaba en tension, incluso en los momentos que parecian tranquilos. E incluso estaba preocupado por si mis decisiones afectarian al final de esta gran histoia. En definitiva, un juego que no podre olvidar en mucho tiempo y que en un futuro me encantaria volver a jugarlo. Recomendado a todos aquellos que quieren disfrutar de una gran historia. Expand
  87. Dec 5, 2013
    First of all, I'm not usually a fan of zombie games, I usually find them boring and samey. I bought this game while it was on sale, and it quickly shot to my favorite game of the year.

The story is gripping, emotional and exciting, and the characters are great, you have to read the personalities of the other characters, and make quick judgments as to who's opinion you are going to back
    etc.

You make alliances and enemies with some of your group, and all of your decisions affect the ending. All I can say is I cannot wait for Episode 2!
  88. Dec 30, 2013
    I am now 42 years old. Playing games since I've been 16. But, never, never had such feelings during a game..... Surprises everywhere. And you keep on seeing pictures for days...
  89. Jan 8, 2014
    It was really funny. No more to say. Each tense situation and the nature of their thoughts and also another route to the 2012 Game of the Year receiving game. I remain lingering gamer living in Korea.
  90. Jwv
    Jan 31, 2014
    The Walking Dead: Season One was great and I think I never played a game where I felt so deeply connected with the main characters. The Walking Dead shines because of it's great character building and narrative. As so, Season One is certainly one of the best singleplayer experienced I ever had on PC.

The soundtrack is minimal and unobtrusive and most times, but also does a good job of
    translating adrenaline and tension. The voice-acting is also great, with special props to Melissa Hutchison for her exquisite Clementine voice. Probably the best thing about the whole series is the character building. They feel alive and unique and when you get to know them, you can actually predict their actions and feelings, which shows the character building department worked with great consistency and finesse.

After playing Season Two: Episode One, I replayed one Season One episode to do something of a comparison.

What I especially missed in Season Two was the extra importance some decisions got because I was Lee, leader and 'glue' of a little group of survivors. Season One featured a whole lot of 'group reading', weighing decisions against one another and mediating. Each decision was not about deciding what's best for yourself, but what's best for a whole group of people. The feel that decisions could actually affect the composition of the group (but only really acted out in the last episode) was great. That's maybe the thing I miss the most after playing Season Two: Episode One.

The camera work in Season One is more dynamic with some cool points of view from time to time and the free-roam scenes are also a better experiance because of better camera work. The controller support was good (it supports the whole game), but I had some problems after ALT+TAB'ing and sometimes the movement controls would not really adjust to a new camera point of view.

The Walking Dead: 400 Days was good, but I ask myself why - apart from an obvious economic motive - Telltale Games released this DLC, and it also doesn't seem to be material cut out of the original Season One. If I would rate the chapters, this is my opinion, beginning from the best: Vince, Wyatt, Russel, Bonnie and Shel. If I think about my choices here I can say that they are motivated by the depth of which I felt involved, both in my identification with the characters and impact on the chapter. Bonnie's and Shel's chapter illustrate my point. I rated this chapter relatively low because I didn't really feel connected with the characters because of the lack of character building (compare with Vince's episode). It's cool that Telltale delivers new content, but they try to compensate for the shortness of the chapters by incorporating at least one hard choice in them. At least, that's what they aimed to do. In Bonnie's and Shel's case, there sure were decision that would have had real emotional repercussions (for the player), but the potential strength of these decisions is minimized by the lack of character building and identification (especially in Shel's chapter). So Telltale has to choose between character building (which requires serene scenes) and some action too (to keep some players from getting bored), but I think they should have focused on character building (like with Vince) because the climax of the chapter (the most important part as you wish, and the part by which most of the players will rate the chapter in my opinion) depends upon character building and identification. I don't say the chapters are no good, because Telltale really deserved props for sucking the player in on such short notice, but some change of focus in certain chapter would have made it an overall better product, more worthy of the expensive price tag (now 5 EUR; January 2014). All in all, it would have been better if Telltale deleted 2 chapters and dug more into the other.

Another thing now, what's great about these five different points of view is the diversity of situations and character types, something you didn't have in Season One. After finishing, what I also would like is some more insight in how the characters in the end decided to accept or decline a certain proposition, to better see where and how I impacted this. A positive note to end with: it's sweet to see controller support, and it really fits the game better than a mouse.
  91. Jan 11, 2014
    ....................................................................................................................................................../

It’s not perfect but The Walking Dead is one of the most important advances in interactive fiction for a generation, with some of the most memorable characters of any video game.
  2. Mar 15, 2013
    The Walking Dead is a serious, solid, but clay-footed work; in truth, it wouldn't stand out from the crowd if video game storytelling wasn't so impoverished to begin with.
  3. Feb 10, 2013
    A test of your moral fortitude in a world that's gone to the dogs. [March 2013, p.76]