8.7

1. Jun 5, 2013
    In my opinion it's not really a game,more of an interactive movie really but holy crap is it a good interactive movie.The emotional payback of this game is huge,your choices affect everything,you will have to choose who lives,who dies and so on,it's brilliant.
  2. May 7, 2013
    The Walking Dead series is a point and click 5 parter with a small amount of keyboard movement involved. The story line is well thought out and choice made in earlier parts may come back to help or haunt you in the later stages. Although the original price tag of £29.99 was rather high as you had to wait for the other parts to be released, now you can pick it up £9.99 in most places withThe Walking Dead series is a point and click 5 parter with a small amount of keyboard movement involved. The story line is well thought out and choice made in earlier parts may come back to help or haunt you in the later stages. Although the original price tag of £29.99 was rather high as you had to wait for the other parts to be released, now you can pick it up £9.99 in most places with all parts ready to go. If your into the TV series or just want something different then this is worth a tenner. Expand
  3. Sep 28, 2013
    I'm giving the PC version the same score but I will say this game is best played with the keyboard and mouse on a PC you also have less bugs and other technical issues on the PC than the consoles or Vita.
  4. May 10, 2013
    Great art style and very emotional! I cried at the end of this game and I am normally a tough person and rarely cry. I was smiling all the way through the game the same as I do with the TV show! Worth the purchase. Best GAMING EXPERIENCE EVER
  5. Jul 17, 2014
    I loved this series! It was amazing! The story was great! The game play was really slow, like walking to this thing then the next but still loved this game. The graphics could have been done A LOT better, and the swearing could just be left out. I mean swearing? If there was a 0/100 score I would just give it a 90 because the swearing and violence is unbelievable. But people have got toI loved this series! It was amazing! The story was great! The game play was really slow, like walking to this thing then the next but still loved this game. The graphics could have been done A LOT better, and the swearing could just be left out. I mean swearing? If there was a 0/100 score I would just give it a 90 because the swearing and violence is unbelievable. But people have got to understand that you DO NOT play this for the game play. You play this for the story. Just some people don't get it. And I also loved how you spread the game out, makes it so you can't beat the game in one day, or a week. Expand
  6. Feb 2, 2014
    I personally loved this game. I found it much more entertaining than the TV show and liked how much impact your decisions could have. Thrilling game with very well-done emotional side. Would definitely recommend.
  7. May 16, 2013
    One of the best games I've ever played and the only one that's nearly reduced me to tears. Totally worth the money. The story keeps you wanting more, and you begin to like the characters. I felt all the emotions possible from a video game with this.
  8. Jul 4, 2013
    Do you like amazing games at amazing prices?

Do not listen to the crying about no choices, its not true. your choices do make a difference, characters will die or live, by your choices. There is only one thing THAT you can't stop by any choices you make. And your just going to have to play to find out!
  9. AWG
    Jul 14, 2013
    The Walking Dead by Telltale is an incredible game experience (notice, "game experience", not "game") ruined by one of the worst Italian localizations I've ever seen in a finished product.
  10. Dec 29, 2013
    After a slow introduction and welcoming of characters ,Telltale games have created a Smash hit that will have you crying, cruising and slaughtering what everyone seems to love zombies! The walking dead had one of the most heart ranching story's and will go down in history as being one of the most immersive adventures to date. Lee the main protagonist must protect Clem the young girl whoAfter a slow introduction and welcoming of characters ,Telltale games have created a Smash hit that will have you crying, cruising and slaughtering what everyone seems to love zombies! The walking dead had one of the most heart ranching story's and will go down in history as being one of the most immersive adventures to date. Lee the main protagonist must protect Clem the young girl who you grow to care for a surprisingly love. The walking dead is one of the best games around, apart from the casual freezes it will be money spent well. Expand
  11. Aug 2, 2013
    Do yourself a favor, this game is one of the best things I've ever played. Mainly focused on the extremely real characters and epic plotline, this has got to be on my top five games of all time. Please, just buy it, unless you have no food and water available, this game should be your first order of business.
  12. Jun 17, 2013
    This game is not about graphics or game play, its about a epic, well written story- that will leave you amazed by the end. As i went through the story 's episodes, i found my self immersed in the games story, making some of the hardest decisions you can ever make in a game. the game is tailored to the things you do throughout the experience.the character you meet and the choices you makeThis game is not about graphics or game play, its about a epic, well written story- that will leave you amazed by the end. As i went through the story 's episodes, i found my self immersed in the games story, making some of the hardest decisions you can ever make in a game. the game is tailored to the things you do throughout the experience.the character you meet and the choices you make will effect the game throughout. As you play there will be some characters you bond with.

The last episode i found myself almost in tears, due to the depth this story goes into; the mind blowing conclusion, that will leave you emotional. easily one of the best stories in a game- and other developers should take note.
  13. Jun 19, 2013
    For this genre this game is incredible, the story is so addictive and interesting it keeps you wanting more. The only negative thing about it is that it ends.
    Incredible story and gameplay, highly recommend.
  14. Jun 20, 2013
    One of the best story-driven games I've ever played,a little disapointed because Telltale Games told us that your choices affect story.This puts up a huge question:Are video games really art?
    You will go through more feelings with this,than with Titanic.
    All in all great game,gets an 9/10.
  15. Jun 22, 2013
    The Walking Dead is simply one of the best game ever made related to the story. Seriously, people who didn't cry at some parts have no heart. People who score this game less than 8 just don't have a clue of games and should not be allowed to rate in the first place. A big fact i also like is that your decisions really change the details of the progression.

I don't think there will be a

I don't think there will be a game that will be more emotional than this one, maybe as emotional as The Walking dead, but nothing more. Recommendation for everyone!
  16. Jul 2, 2013
    People who rate this game badly know absolutely nothing about gaming. Gaming is more than Call of Duty. Gaming is something that is to be experienced and enjoyed, using interaction to guide people through the game. This game has the best story I have ever played through. People rating this poorly will be saying that the gameplay was not as they expected or that the graphics aren'tPeople who rate this game badly know absolutely nothing about gaming. Gaming is more than Call of Duty. Gaming is something that is to be experienced and enjoyed, using interaction to guide people through the game. This game has the best story I have ever played through. People rating this poorly will be saying that the gameplay was not as they expected or that the graphics aren't Battlefield 3 like. But I'm sorry, the story telling in this game is by far and away the best in any game and therefore will hopefully lead to better storytelling within gaming, thanks to this one game. Expand
  17. Jul 2, 2013
    Generally one of the best games out there. The story has emotional impacts on you and the game later on. And the ending... may or may not have made me cried :L
  18. Jul 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After playing only 39 hours of the walking dead, I have to admit that chopping of my arm didn't stop me from becoming a member of the undead. However what would you expect from being bitten. Lets start with the negative and end strongly on the positive.

Negatives:
    While you have lots of choices to make, no matter how you try and play the game punishes you by taking Clementine. A plot twist at that point could have Clementine running away to the hotel to find her parents because you said no and its something she really wants.

The controls do feel a little clunky and barely adapted for the PC. Take walking for example, its like there are imaginary boxes we cant walk into. Sticking to one view point also suck, why not allow some edge screen panning so we can look around more.

The game is limited to a small segment of story. This lets it down a little, not enough to annoy everyone but enough to be noticeable.

Positives:
    I'm not sure the walking dead should be called a game, It should be categorized as an interactive movie. This being said highlights how Telltale has crafted "game" that makes you develop emotions for characters. This is a quality best used for movies, a good game can have you randomly blowing up and killing thousands of people/humanoids. To be able to watch a movie and have an influence on it's characters is a great feeling for the users.

The game is by no means "Hard" but if it was you would stop paying interest to whats going on in the story.

On the whole I loved the walking dead but mostly for its story. I would recommended it to people even if they play it just once. If you buy the walking dead and don't finish it you are wasting your money. 9/10 for story 5/10 for user friendly
  19. Jul 13, 2013
    This is probably one of the best Story/Dialogue based games out there. It was so emotional and breathtaking to play. It was basically a well-written book/film that YOU were apart of. It truly deserves all the hype and I cannot believe that it isn't a 50 dollar game where it should be.
  20. Jul 14, 2013
    So first off, this Is not the amc version, It's based off the comic book.
    This Is a game where how you play, act and talk affects the other characters.
    As well as some hard decisions along the way, and the conversations aren't just something to watch. At some points in a conversation, you will be given 4 response choices (one almost always silence) and a amount of time to choose. And
    So first off, this Is not the amc version, It's based off the comic book.
    This Is a game where how you play, act and talk affects the other characters.
    And the voice acting is great! Barely anyone isn't a fleshed-out character.
    Though as with all telltale games, the animations (facial, walking, body language, etc.) are a tad bit mediocore.
    The game's art design is based off the comic and yet these characters still seem to hit home when it come to drama.
    I'm not going to talk about the story as you want to find it out yourself, but you probably want to know the start so here goes nothing....

You are Lee Everett, you were A teacher at a university in Atlanta and a senator slept with your wife causing you to kill him out of anger. So you're on your way to prison, and the driver asks you a few things about the case. You answer him as best as you can, but as you talk. You start to see more and more law enforcement vehicles shoot past, heading for the Atlanta and the police radio is buzzing about a few things to worry about, but the driver turns it off.
    Then after a while, someone gets in the highway and the officer driving you is looking the other way and hits him! Sending the car off the road with both of you inside!

Thats all i can say from here on out, the rest is for you to find out. The last thing i'm going to say about the game is it's puzzles. They're not just some blocks in the way of the story, they do require a quite a tad-bit of thinking. They're not half-bad and actually challenging if you haven't watched someone play through the game, but that doesn't mean you yourself can't figure them out.

Overall, this game gets a 9 out of ten from me.

This game is my personal favorite but i'm not letting that get in my way of giving fair scores, the 10 isn't there because of the animations and very slow pacing (though the slow pacing makes it feel more like a book that you're reading than a game, and i'm actually a guy who loves books)

It may have gotten game of the year, but that doesn't mean everyone likes it. But I do strongly reccomend this game, for the best experince. I suggest making choices based on what you would do, don't ask anyone else or read a guide. Play it as if Lee Everett were you.
  21. Jul 19, 2013
    Now I haven't seen the TV series but if it's any near as good as this in terms of storytelling and tension then it's defintley worth it.
    This game's strengh is in the the way the story is told. Giving the player so many options in dialogues and all increases the immersion which already is great anyways.
    There was some sick stuff happening... but in such a setting this is a good thing. Seing that the story writers aren't afraid of anything there was always suspense making this a very tense adventure. You know, there's predictable plots... this one wasn't one of those. Not to me at least.
    Another cool part was that the player could decide wether to be nice or be a complete douche in so many situations the game kinda adopts to the player's character. Greatly enjoyed it!
  22. Jul 19, 2013
    god, forget about all games this is it. I mean it. This is the real game. I feel like other games are just waste of time. May the graphics aren't good enough but it feels like you're in the comic book. Feels like you are living in it. Just Awesome!
  23. Jul 22, 2013
    Without a doubt the best game I've played in recent memory. Won't spoil anything, but rarely have I felt so emotionally connected to fictional characters, and certain moments made me cry my eyes out. Had to make a metacritic account just to review this game, absolutely fantastic.
  24. Sep 18, 2014
    Just ended this game, as a fan of zombies stuff I have to say the game is really cool but it makes me a little upset that whatever you choose to do the epilogue and most of the main happenings will still be the same.
    It might change the episode you are playing itself, but the game plot will not be totally changed by your decision.
    I mean, even deus ex had multiple endings... The game
    I mean, even deus ex had multiple endings...
    The game itself is quite nice thought, basically it is a little movie.
    Good plot, many plot twist and you really feel into the game sometimes.
    Some parts are like playing monkey island or broken sword, not that hard thought (and I am glad of that)

Buy if you love ALL about zombies and want to try something different and hear a story that you can decide what to do or to say often, but dont expect replayability.
    Dont buy if you love SHOOTING zombies or you are looking for intense action (in that case I suggest Left for Dead or Dead Rising)

25. May 4, 2014
    OK I might be giving it a perfect score while it is not a perfect game. The reason behind this is the amazing experience that the story gave me. A mixture of brilliant writing,tremendous voice acting and an excellent narrative make this adventure game a genre defining experience. All 5 episodes are brilliantly paced and on no occasion felt stretched. Only weakness of the game are theOK I might be giving it a perfect score while it is not a perfect game. The reason behind this is the amazing experience that the story gave me. A mixture of brilliant writing,tremendous voice acting and an excellent narrative make this adventure game a genre defining experience. All 5 episodes are brilliantly paced and on no occasion felt stretched. Only weakness of the game are the occasional glitches that affect its performance in an otherwise masterpiece. Expand
  26. Dec 8, 2013
    Wow, what a ride this was.

TellTale has done a great job. The writers created a story which was not only captivating but an amazing emotional experience. The Walking Dead is a comic-book drawn style adventure game in which the choices you make tailor the story you play going forward and continuously shape the people around you and your game play experience. Every action has
    Wow, what a ride this was.

Every action has consequences and you never can please everyone.

-- Gameplay
    -----------------
    The game mechanics are nice and simple. The story progresses through point-click action and mainly through dialog with the people you encounter.

During the dialogs you will be presented with several choices of answers.
    Each answer may or may not have consequences and alters how other people see you, trust you or even start disliking you.

Every now and then you will end up in a heavy story-changing scenario in which the story going forward is altered quite strongly.
    You might need to make a choice to save one or another person, run or fight or other difficult choice.
    Those choices alter the story quite drastic in places to the extend whereby you might end up continuing your story with different people then if you had made different choices or people start treating you completely different from that moment on.

-- The Story
    -----------------

The game places you in control of Lee a man on his way to prison as the story begins and has no idea yet what is happening.
    As you are trying to deal with the world as it now is you stumble across an 8 year old girl named Clementine who you will decide to help out and team up with.

For the duration of the story your relationship with Clementine and others you meet evolves and are shaped continuously based on the choices you make and how you treat each person.

I don't want to give to much of the main background story away so I'm not going into to much details.
    Let's just say, for the rest of the game you and Clementine will come across other people and groups, some highly irritating and disturbed while others are more neutral and well meaning, though you will find it hard to quickly know who to trust and who you can't.

Quite often you will find yourself in situations you wish you could make different choices then the ones presented or make choices you know might not be right but need to be made.

-----------------
    -- Summary
    -----------------

Personally I can only say that TellTale and the Writes have delivered something very simplistic but yet so wonderful you are feeling you are writing your own story which will grab you, slowly pulling you deeper and deeper into this emotional roller coaster ride and will not let you go.

By the end of Episode 5 you will just find yourself staring blankly at the credits slowly processing this whole experience.
    Well, that what it was like for me and I'm already looking very much forward to December 17th to continue on.

I cannot recommend this game highly enough and hope you will enjoy it as much as I have.
  27. Aug 30, 2013
    What can I say that hasn't already been said? I got hooked with this game seeing it on youtube and had to buy it as soon as it was complete on disc. Just loved it. The first and only time that I completely felt for the characters... I wanted them to get along well, to success (and even committted a few crimes just to keep things friendly between some characters). But It´s not for everybodyWhat can I say that hasn't already been said? I got hooked with this game seeing it on youtube and had to buy it as soon as it was complete on disc. Just loved it. The first and only time that I completely felt for the characters... I wanted them to get along well, to success (and even committted a few crimes just to keep things friendly between some characters). But It´s not for everybody because if you are looking for a shooter or a scary game, this is not the place. It´s almost like a movie where you have to decide what to do or say, and that actions will have consequences in the future. It´s really a unique game. Cannot wait for the second season! Please Telltale, hurry up! Expand
  28. Dec 27, 2013
    Ah.. my little new love..Clementine. One of the most precious little girls in comic, movie or video game history. She really makes this, harsh, anger-inducing but GREAT video game memorable.

The main character, Lee Everett is a good guy that got messed over and I really found playing out his relationship with his ward, student and loving, doting adopted daughter Clementine the most beautiful part of this game.

Its to a gift to raise and protect a little girl like this in this game and makes it for me a 9/10
  29. Apr 28, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. una obra maestra, juego no, juegazo !!! y el final , no quiero spoiler nada pero los va a hacer llorar sepanlo T_T , cada capitulo t engancha mas q un capitulo de la serie de televicion !!! una vez q empezas a jugar no podes parar hasta terminarlo !!! Expand
  30. Sep 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is an absolute master piece, it's got the same art style as the comic books and in my opinion the best game of 2012. It's one of the only games that's ever made me cry because the ending is just so sad! Well done Telltale Games Expand
  31. Sep 14, 2013
    Probably THE most powerful game I've ever played in my life. Easily one of the best stories and an experience that truly puts every bit of weight of your choices on your shoulders. This is the first game where I've TRULY been able to insert myself into the main character because I chose who survives, who dies, and all of MY choices reap MY benefits or consequences. Sure...there's no highProbably THE most powerful game I've ever played in my life. Easily one of the best stories and an experience that truly puts every bit of weight of your choices on your shoulders. This is the first game where I've TRULY been able to insert myself into the main character because I chose who survives, who dies, and all of MY choices reap MY benefits or consequences. Sure...there's no high adrenaline, FPS action that have all the down-voters seek, but this game hits a completely different bulls-eye that creates an awesome experience. Highly recommended! TellTale Games did a great job with this one. Expand
  32. Jan 14, 2014
    Great storytelling and characters. Nothing special gameplay wise, but it's a great experience. The graphic style works well and all in all I had an awesome time with this game.
  33. Dec 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The story in this game is the draw. It doesn't have flashy game play, or much game play at all as a matter of fact. You play this game for an engaging story, and it definitely delivers. Where i have a hard time giving it over an 8, is that the choices really don't effect the final outcome. No matter what you choose, the same thing is going to happen, just in a slightly different way. Your choices make a little difference in the short term, but long term you wont see a difference. If you get this game, expect a great story, don't expect you to make a major impact in the outcome. Expand
  34. Oct 8, 2013
    The Walking Dead does what other adventure games should, creating a story with characters the player can relate with and difficult choices with a large impact on the story.

Unlike many other "interactive story" games, choice matters and the game feels like what it's trying to be, an adventure game with a story as opposed to a blockbuster movie and proves that you don't need to be hyper realistic to convey emotion.
  35. Jun 24, 2014
    Great characterization and story. One thing I didn't like, though, was that I found almost none of the characters likable to me except for Carley and Clem.
  36. Oct 21, 2013
    A truly touching and heart-braking experience, that dares to compete with other point-and-click games, dramatically speaking. It isn't a game, it is an interactive story with choices effecting the story. It's unforgettable and tensional at it's best. The issue here is that it isn't a game. It would be rewarding if there was more user action. It is a game that you need to experience toA truly touching and heart-braking experience, that dares to compete with other point-and-click games, dramatically speaking. It isn't a game, it is an interactive story with choices effecting the story. It's unforgettable and tensional at it's best. The issue here is that it isn't a game. It would be rewarding if there was more user action. It is a game that you need to experience to understand it. (Final Score: 8.84) Expand
  37. Nov 27, 2013
    The Walking Dead Game Is Amazing. I only give this a 8 because I thought your choices would influence the game more. Only about 30% of them do. Also you can't skip a cutscene even if you have already saw it. The last thing that bugs me is they play the animation over and over again (also this is a 3 second one too.) But all in all this game has amazing game play, story, and lovingThe Walking Dead Game Is Amazing. I only give this a 8 because I thought your choices would influence the game more. Only about 30% of them do. Also you can't skip a cutscene even if you have already saw it. The last thing that bugs me is they play the animation over and over again (also this is a 3 second one too.) But all in all this game has amazing game play, story, and loving characters sometimes i felt as if they were my own. Expand
  38. Nov 15, 2013
    This is an awesome game! If you play it, you really feel what the characters feel. You get a very intensive game experience even when you don't play adventures games every day.

Play it, you'll never forget it.

The only reason for not giving full score are some lags sometimes on my PC. There is no reason for these lags because the graphics requirements are normally not so high.
  39. Jan 21, 2014
    What can I say? It made me cry at the end of season one. I never felt such intimate, emotional moments in a PC game before. Even though I understood the rails, this whole concept was based on, I loved it from the very first, to the last second and I can't wait to continue with Season Two, Episode Two.

Story and the characters are the key element here, not the gameplay itself - which makes it an experience compared with other survival games or adventures.
  40. Oct 27, 2013
    Story telling at its best. Gripped from start to end, along the way developing ever changing feeling towards the diverse characters that you meet in this Zombie Apocalypse. The game is split into 5 nicely paced out episodes, each adding their own different set of characters and twists and turns for the main protagonist and his companions the face. My favorite being episode 2. I am unableStory telling at its best. Gripped from start to end, along the way developing ever changing feeling towards the diverse characters that you meet in this Zombie Apocalypse. The game is split into 5 nicely paced out episodes, each adding their own different set of characters and twists and turns for the main protagonist and his companions the face. My favorite being episode 2. I am unable to remember feeling such tension in a any form of entertainment, let alone a game, than I did in episode 2. I personally enjoyed exploring the area of each scene and talking to all of the characters to hear of the stories they had to tell. Thoroughly deserved game of the year... pure brilliance from Telltale! Expand
  41. Oct 30, 2013
    I only have two games which i would call perfect. Portal and The Walking Dead. This story is so perfect i wanted to believe they were real. The art style is so nicely detailed and brilliant. When the I got to the end i cried that is how much this game makes you care. Play this game and if you do not love it, I do not know what to say.
  42. Nov 7, 2013
    This game was a almost one of the greatest games I have ever played. The game didn't ask much from my PC.

I thought the point and click form of gameplay would ruin the experience, but Telltale Games anaged to make it happen in a way that really works. The story was excellent, even if you didn't consider the ending. I must played this at least three times and still cry every time I finish the game. The voice acting was well-chosen and professionaly executed. The way the world was designed is spot on. The whole abondoned city and living in a motel thing is something that seems very realistic. The characters were all loveable or hateable in their own special way. This game is not repetitive, you never know what to excpect.

The comic book art style they chose was beautiful, despite the lack of realisme. Sometimes, you just need to stear away from the whole «Relistic graphics» circlejerk and just play a beautifly drawn game. My only issue with this game is how some of the sounds(guns and metal clinging) was not realistic. The game was also relatively buggy. If those bugs were non-existant, I would give this game a 10. But no one is perfect

Overall, this game was very fun to play and a fantastic piece of art. iw ould recommend you play this, considering season 2 is right around the corner!
  43. Nov 16, 2013
    The five episodes of The Walking Dead: Season One drag us into the worst scenario, an emotionally intense zombie apocalypse where every choice of the player is important. Visually it's like a comic, with a "gameplay mix" of the old Dragon's Lair and the classic Adventure games. A wonderful journey in a terribly corrupted world. VIRTUALINN.IT
  44. Feb 3, 2014
    Story: 7 out of 10
    Graphics: 7 out of 10
    Fun: 8 out of 10 Controls: 8 out of 10 Ease to Learn: 9 out of 10 Length: 8 out of 10 Re-play: 5 out of 10 Value: 8 out of 10 I have a low re-play score on this game because when you re-play the game (which there is a strong desire to re-play this game to try other choices) the new different choices you make either 1) don't make
    Story: 7 out of 10
    Graphics: 7 out of 10
    Fun: 8 out of 10
    Controls: 8 out of 10
    Ease to Learn: 9 out of 10
    Length: 8 out of 10
    Re-play: 5 out of 10
    Value: 8 out of 10

I have a low re-play score on this game because when you re-play the game (which there is a strong desire to re-play this game to try other choices) the new different choices you make either 1) don't make much difference and/or 2) the way the main character and other characters act/re-act for non-mainstream choices is highly unrealistic. I really loved this game and would of given it a 9 for my over-all score, but the re-play that I was anxious to try was a real dud and took away from my original experience; thus giving the game an over-all score of 8.
  45. Nov 20, 2013
    Telltale has always been very hit and miss; however ‘The Walking Dead’ has definitely been the companies best release yet! The biggest positive of this title is the decision making element involved and how it has an effect on how you play! Ultimately, the outcomes will be very similar, but giving you the option to choose what happens at certain points, and deciding the best way to act in aTelltale has always been very hit and miss; however ‘The Walking Dead’ has definitely been the companies best release yet! The biggest positive of this title is the decision making element involved and how it has an effect on how you play! Ultimately, the outcomes will be very similar, but giving you the option to choose what happens at certain points, and deciding the best way to act in a situation, really makes the game much more interactive. This is what you should expect from a story telling game; however TellTale has now set a new standard and will need to go the extra mile to ensure they keep this quality. Overall, a very engaging game! Expand
  46. Nov 25, 2013
    Like others have said, this is more of a story adventure than your typical zombie shooter. Sure it has some moments where you will need to aim a weapon accurately, or maybe mash a button for a while but most of the game is understanding what is happening around you and making dialogue choices. And that's where the game excels your decisions actually have consequences. Characters willLike others have said, this is more of a story adventure than your typical zombie shooter. Sure it has some moments where you will need to aim a weapon accurately, or maybe mash a button for a while but most of the game is understanding what is happening around you and making dialogue choices. And that's where the game excels your decisions actually have consequences. Characters will remember your choices and bring up those decisions in their conversations. There is no game that does storytelling quite like, or in my opinion, as well as The Walking Dead. If you are looking for purely a zombie shooter, try a different game. If you want a great interactive story look no further than The Walking Dead. Expand
  47. Dec 4, 2013
    Es una dura historia en un mundo apocaliptico. Con personajes increibles donde no sabes quien vivira y quien morira. En todo momento estaba en tension, incluso en los momentos que parecian tranquilos. E incluso estaba preocupado por si mis decisiones afectarian al final de esta gran histoia. En definitiva, un juego que no podre olvidar en mucho tiempo y que en un futuro me encantariaEs una dura historia en un mundo apocaliptico. Con personajes increibles donde no sabes quien vivira y quien morira. En todo momento estaba en tension, incluso en los momentos que parecian tranquilos. E incluso estaba preocupado por si mis decisiones afectarian al final de esta gran histoia. En definitiva, un juego que no podre olvidar en mucho tiempo y que en un futuro me encantaria volver a jugarlo. Recomendado a todos aquellos que quieren disfrutar de una gran historia. Expand
  48. Dec 5, 2013
    First of all, I'm not usually a fan of zombie games, I usually find them boring and samey. I bought this game while it was on sale, and it quickly shot to my favorite game of the year.

The story is gripping, emotional and exciting, and the characters are great, you have to read the personalities of the other characters, and make quick judgments as to who's opinion you are going to back etc.

You make alliances and enemies with some of your group, and all of your decisions affect the ending. All I can say is I cannot wait for Episode 2!
  49. Jul 15, 2016
    I do not like zombie games but I decided to give it a try and I was really surprised. I enjoyed this interactive series a lot. Interesting characters.
  50. Jun 29, 2014
    The Walking Dead from Telltale Games is a phenomenal example of the uniqueness of video games. No other form of media can do what this game does. It is a player driven story, often drawing real emotion from the player and the choices they make. I can count on one hand the number of times I was seriously emotionally stirred by a game. This game puts all the others to shame. The writing isThe Walking Dead from Telltale Games is a phenomenal example of the uniqueness of video games. No other form of media can do what this game does. It is a player driven story, often drawing real emotion from the player and the choices they make. I can count on one hand the number of times I was seriously emotionally stirred by a game. This game puts all the others to shame. The writing is that good.

Of the few negatives I found in this game, the main one was how little some things matter in the end. I would have liked many things to end up differently in this game, but more often than not I found out it was impossible to change the outcomes to my liking.

I also don't appreciate the "episode" style of the game. I would much prefer just one continuous adventure. Wasting time in between episodes and spoiling plot points is very lame. This isn't a TV show, it's a video game.

Regardless, this is an experience any story-loving gamer should check out.
  51. Dec 30, 2013
    I am now 42 years old. Playing games since I've been 16. But, never, never had such feelings during a game..... Surprises everywhere. And you keep on seeing pictures for days...
  52. Aug 28, 2014
    i have never played a game before, that had an ending that made my teary eyed, at least not before The walking dead from Telltale Games. And i do not even like point and click adventures.
    (for maximum tears play all the episodes in a row, on the same day).
  53. Jan 8, 2014
    It was really funny. No more to say. Each tense situation and the nature of their thoughts and also another route to the 2012 Game of the Year receiving game. I remain lingering gamer living in Korea.
  54. Jwv
    Jan 31, 2014
    The Walking Dead: Season One was great and I think I never played a game where I felt so deeply connected with the main characters. The Walking Dead shines because of it's great character building and narrative. As so, Season One is certainly one of the best singleplayer experienced I ever had on PC.

The soundtrack is minimal and unobtrusive and most times, but also does a good job of translating adrenaline and tension. The voice-acting is also great, with special props to Melissa Hutchison for her exquisite Clementine voice. Probably the best thing about the whole series is the character building. They feel alive and unique and when you get to know them, you can actually predict their actions and feelings, which shows the character building department worked with great consistency and finesse.

After playing Season Two: Episode One, I replayed one Season One episode to do something of a comparison.

What I especially missed in Season Two was the extra importance some decisions got because I was Lee, leader and 'glue' of a little group of survivors. Season One featured a whole lot of 'group reading', weighing decisions against one another and mediating. Each decision was not about deciding what's best for yourself, but what's best for a whole group of people. The feel that decisions could actually affect the composition of the group (but only really acted out in the last episode) was great. That's maybe the thing I miss the most after playing Season Two: Episode One.

The camera work in Season One is more dynamic with some cool points of view from time to time and the free-roam scenes are also a better experiance because of better camera work. The controller support was good (it supports the whole game), but I had some problems after ALT+TAB'ing and sometimes the movement controls would not really adjust to a new camera point of view.

The Walking Dead: 400 Days was good, but I ask myself why - apart from an obvious economic motive - Telltale Games released this DLC, and it also doesn't seem to be material cut out of the original Season One. If I would rate the chapters, this is my opinion, beginning from the best: Vince, Wyatt, Russel, Bonnie and Shel. If I think about my choices here I can say that they are motivated by the depth of which I felt involved, both in my identification with the characters and impact on the chapter. Bonnie's and Shel's chapter illustrate my point. I rated this chapter relatively low because I didn't really feel connected with the characters because of the lack of character building (compare with Vince's episode). It's cool that Telltale delivers new content, but they try to compensate for the shortness of the chapters by incorporating at least one hard choice in them. At least, that's what they aimed to do. In Bonnie's and Shel's case, there sure were decision that would have had real emotional repercussions (for the player), but the potential strength of these decisions is minimized by the lack of character building and identification (especially in Shel's chapter). So Telltale has to choose between character building (which requires serene scenes) and some action too (to keep some players from getting bored), but I think they should have focused on character building (like with Vince) because the climax of the chapter (the most important part as you wish, and the part by which most of the players will rate the chapter in my opinion) depends upon character building and identification. I don't say the chapters are no good, because Telltale really deserved props for sucking the player in on such short notice, but some change of focus in certain chapter would have made it an overall better product, more worthy of the expensive price tag (now 5 EUR; January 2014). All in all, it would have been better if Telltale deleted 2 chapters and dug more into the other.

Another thing now, what's great about these five different points of view is the diversity of situations and character types, something you didn't have in Season One. After finishing, what I also would like is some more insight in how the characters in the end decided to accept or decline a certain proposition, to better see where and how I impacted this. A positive note to end with: it's sweet to see controller support, and it really fits the game better than a mouse.
  55. Jun 1, 2015
    As far as the story goes for 'The Walking Dead' this is one of the best in gaming. You feel wrapped up in the world of the walkers, and you feel every emotional hit, as you try doing what's best for yourself, and Clementine, the little girl you are protecting. It is bitter sweet, but you carry on, because you want to see this get to an end. When you play this video game you will be theAs far as the story goes for 'The Walking Dead' this is one of the best in gaming. You feel wrapped up in the world of the walkers, and you feel every emotional hit, as you try doing what's best for yourself, and Clementine, the little girl you are protecting. It is bitter sweet, but you carry on, because you want to see this get to an end. When you play this video game you will be the edge of your seat. Nothing about this is easy, and that's what it makes it so good. Definitely worth a try. Expand
  56. Feb 11, 2015
    Platform: Steam
    PROS: + Sacrifices almost all gameplay to tell a story + Visual Style is compelling
    CONS: - Sacrifices almost all gameplay to tell a story - Serious installation and running issues. I shouldn't have to patch my own game It's no secret that this game aims to tell a story, and the developers apparently felt that too much walking or fighting would get in the way of that.
    Platform: Steam

It's no secret that this game aims to tell a story, and the developers apparently felt that too much walking or fighting would get in the way of that. It's a risk that mostly paid off in this case. The fact that people like it in spite of a nearly total lack of gaming (hammering the "Q" button does not count as playing a game) should tell you something about how compelling that story is.

It isn't perfect, yet by far the worst thing about this game is trying to get it to run in the first place (hint: download the dinput8.dll library free from the internet). Telltale games/steam shouldn't make me work so hard to play a game bought and paid for.
  57. Jun 14, 2014
    The Walking Dead is simply a jewel in videogames. The game focuses entirely on the story, so much that the gameplay is reduced to walking around and clicking things. But the gameplay is still satisfying. Whenever you click on an object, the main character will usually say a commentary, or if you click on a person, you can know more about them, like their jobs and families.
    In TWD, we get
    In TWD, we get to know more characters and visit some locations and meet characters from the show/comics/books. And you actually care about them. You get to know 'em. You get to become their friend. You get to care about 'em. And that's what makes TWD so great. In shows a greater and better side of people, even thought they live in a world of misery and violence.
    I'm a guy that never cries. NEVER. And it's ironic that a videogame broke that barrier. I'd give more than 10 if I could, but I guess it'll have to do.
  58. Apr 20, 2014
    I never thought i was gonna play a game of this genre but i love it!! Its just like watching a tv-show were you have your favourite characters and also the ones that you just hate.. and the time when the episode is over and you have to wait for the next one.. you hate it but at the same time you also love it :D!!

Telltale have definitely suprised me with this game and its a 100% sure

Telltale have definitely suprised me with this game and its a 100% sure that im gonna keep an eye on there future games after this!!
  59. Mar 7, 2016
    My first experience with a point and click adventure game and I enjoyed it. The game has nothing to do with the show although there are a few nods to it (the Asian guy called Glenn for example). It's more of a TV show that you control rather than a game and honestly that wasn't a problem, I went in knowing what to expect and I enjoyed it more because of that. The story was interesting andMy first experience with a point and click adventure game and I enjoyed it. The game has nothing to do with the show although there are a few nods to it (the Asian guy called Glenn for example). It's more of a TV show that you control rather than a game and honestly that wasn't a problem, I went in knowing what to expect and I enjoyed it more because of that. The story was interesting and you really started to care about the characters by the end, there was moments where I was genuinely sad after someone died. I have to say it was a nice change of pace just chilling in bed playing a casual game, and I'm very much looking forward to starting season two ASAP.

I have to say the game ended on a high note, the final episode was fantastic and I was left with "feels" by the end of it, which is always a sign of a well told story. The game was solid throughout though with some very memorial bits that would have been great in the actual TV show (the farm, enough said). The follow up DLC 400 days wasn't anything special but it sets up season two nicely so was worth the £1.50 or whatever it cost, even if it was very short. It was basically 5 mini stories that introduced you to the cast of season two, and there are definitely a couple of characters I'm interested in although my first impression is the season one cast was stronger but it's really too early to say.

The game did have one major issue and that was the engine, apparently Telltale are known for their poor technical ability and I can see why. The game suffered heavily from this weird character stutter/shimmer which was extremely off-putting, it definitely hurt the game overall. I think with how successful all their games have been it's maybe time for them to work on a new engine with current gen in mind. Saying that the technical issues didn't come close to ruining the game, even for me and I'm very anal about this sort of thing. I may have scored it higher though had the game been as technically sound as it was in every other department.

Overall if you want a change of pace and to play something a little more laid back I would highly recommend this game while it's on sale, at £4.75 it's an absolute steal.
  60. May 17, 2014
    Gameplay: 8.5/10
    Graphic: 9/10
    Story: 10/10 This is one of the best games I have ever played. Yes, it don't have a multiplayer, and open world, but story of the game is FANTASTIC. It's the best story I have ever seen in any games, movies or books. Best thing in this game is that you can be who you want. You have soo much choises. 90% of the time you can choose
    Gameplay: 8.5/10
    Graphic: 9/10
    Story: 10/10

This is one of the best games I have ever played. Yes, it don't have a multiplayer, and open world, but story of the game is FANTASTIC. It's the best story I have ever seen in any games, movies or books. Best thing in this game is that you can be who you want. You have soo much choises. 90% of the time you can choose what your character(Lee) says, and sometimes you have to made very hard decisions.
    People threat you like you threat them in this game.
    This game was best. Everyone have to play this game.
  61. Jun 18, 2014
    The best game I have ever played. I feel so strongly about it, that I cannot say anything about the game, from the amazingly developed characters, to the mind blowing plot, in fear I won't do it justice. Its that good.
  62. Jun 15, 2014
    Impressive zombie-survivor story, adapting to your own choices and acting, sound and interesting graphics made from this game one of my favourite adventure game so far.
  63. Dec 25, 2015
    The Walking Dead is one hell of an example for the talent of Telltale Games at telling an emotional story that can steal people's heart easily without expensive features.
  64. Jun 13, 2015
    Todo el mundo a dicho todo lo que se puede de este juego, no perderé mi tiempo repitiéndolo punto por punto. Seré breve. No tendrá jugabilidad mas allá de unos QTE, pero tus decisiones si importan, definen tu trato con estas personas, en quienes confías y como te trataran. Debería dejar a esta traidora morir a manos de zombies? Debería dar mi única comida a alguien mas? Seré neutro ehTodo el mundo a dicho todo lo que se puede de este juego, no perderé mi tiempo repitiéndolo punto por punto. Seré breve. No tendrá jugabilidad mas allá de unos QTE, pero tus decisiones si importan, definen tu trato con estas personas, en quienes confías y como te trataran. Debería dejar a esta traidora morir a manos de zombies? Debería dar mi única comida a alguien mas? Seré neutro eh intentare hacer que todos estén juntos y sobrevivan? Me quedare con unos pocos que confió con mi vida y dejare a los otros detrás? Mientras que otros juegos te lo cuentan todo a través de cinemáticas y solo te llaman a la hora de matar, aquí no es así, y aunque eso hace que su jugabilidad sea limitadísima y pobre, haciendo que apenas pase como "juego" como uno esperaría, lo vuelve una historia mucho mas personal, capaz de darte golpes por una mala decisión, por que los errores que comete el protagonista se vuelven los tuyos, lo acompañas en el viaje volviéndote el, y de verdad sientes la experiencia. Mientras que otros juegos se basan por completo en la jugabilidad, la cual con pocos años se vuelve un coñazo, este sabe que una buena historia durara mucho mas, y trascenderá mas que el juego mecánico mas innovador de la fecha... Y en lo personal, es mi juego favorito del 2012.

Aunque tiene sus gliches y problemas... Y la traducción que tiene es mala... Pero para eso esta la comunidad de Taringa... Supongo...
  65. Jun 24, 2014
    Great story, realistic characters and excellent voice acting make this one of the best games I ever played. It might be more accurate to call this an interactive story than an adventure game though. So if you're looking for tough puzzles or gameplay, this is not the game for you. The game is easy enough that anybody can finish it without giving it much thought but despite that, it isGreat story, realistic characters and excellent voice acting make this one of the best games I ever played. It might be more accurate to call this an interactive story than an adventure game though. So if you're looking for tough puzzles or gameplay, this is not the game for you. The game is easy enough that anybody can finish it without giving it much thought but despite that, it is pretty immersive and emotional. You WILL get attached to certain characters and panic when they are in danger. When something bad happens to someone you like, you will keep wondering whether you could have done anything differently to save them. This is a must-buy if you enjoy good storytelling and I hope developers make more games like this. Expand
  66. Jun 30, 2014
    If you like story-based games you will love this game. The most interactive game i ever played, and your choices really have a huge impact in the story
    The only downpoint is that it is (in my opinion) too expensive, for it has no combat mechanics (focused in story). It still remains a great game to play, however you should only buy it during a discount (i bought it for 5 dollars, so that was 10/10 to me)
  67. Aug 8, 2015
    While the game has bugs that can create unintentional laughs, The Telltale Games’ adaptation of the popular The Walking Dead franchise is an excellently executed video game with a serious, dark, well-written story as well as the emotional father-daughter like bond between the main characters Lee and Clementine that makes the players emotionally invested.

Rating: 9.5/10 Pros: +The

Rating: 9.5/10

Pros:
    +The writing of the game is well-written and the plot points are excellently planned.
    +The father-daughter like bond between the main characters Lee and Clementine is not only something that makes the players emotionally invested, it’s also breaks the stereotype of video games as a childish hobby.
    +Telltale’s signature continuity where the players’ choices can affect the whole plot of the game is mind-blowing.

Cons:
    -Lots of bugs in the game where it can sometimes create unintentional laughs during very high stakes scenes.
  68. May 28, 2016
    Not so much a video game as an interactive, animated novel, The Walking Dead marries what's best about the source material with frantic button-mashing and choose-your-own-adventure style choices. One of the best games of its type.
  69. Nov 7, 2016
    TellTale Inc only create a master pieces and piles of garbage. This is a masterpiece!

Brilliant story - well told and your decision matter. Every Walking Dead fan should play this game, even if gaming isn't there thing.
  70. Sep 2, 2014
    This game is not an ordinary game, it's a master piece, the story is the strongest point in this game, and it's well told. The voices here are very well chosen and the dialogs are very well written, the playability is very good for an point and click game.
    it's HQ atmosphere is amazing.
    i really recommend for players that loves a good story and to get involved emotionally.
  71. Dec 26, 2014
    Such an amazing narrative. It will make you sad, then happy, then angry, then sad again, then maybe happy, and it will be a roller-coaster from start to finish. My only nitpick: it has some graphical and audio issues, but is an amazing experience, and is really open for everybody -even people that don't play video games that much.
  72. Oct 13, 2014
    The Walking Dead Game is a masterpiece, never before has a narrative driven me to depression like this one! With lovable and unlikable characters, the story-line drives the entire game, whereas game-play does lack, but it doesn't matter - if you love stories, this is one you need to be told...
    10/10 - Ben Hazelden
  73. Oct 19, 2014
    it's rear to encounter such a great story every character is so well done there is nothing to say but!!! if you prefer more gameplay over story then this game is not for you if you prefer the gameplay and you think you won't enjoy the story even do the story is amazing you won't enjoy... if the gameplay was better i would have rated this 10/10 but it's not
  74. Oct 23, 2014
    One of the most engaging, emotional and story driven experiences I've ever had. The writing is superb, the music draws you in and the characters make you feel like there are actual consequences to every decision you make. Amazing game.
  75. Nov 24, 2015
    Walking Dead(ly) Decisions

Overall: 77% (80.8/105)

Atmosphere: 9.2/10

Variety in Items: 6.5/10

Cost-Benefit Ratio: 3/4
    System Requirements: 1/1
  76. Apr 4, 2015
    For me this was the single best experience of 2012 and into 2013 and the chapters rolled in. The emotions involved, the characters and the quality going into them... and the hard choices. Oh, those choices.
  77. Mar 30, 2015
    There's something to be said about the boundary between movie and game. When should a stylized game just settle for being a movie? Not here. The Walking Dead (Season 1 ONLY) belongs as a game and is emotionally gripping in its medium.
  78. Feb 6, 2015
    This here is an amazing game that will leave you thinking about what you did, even after finishing the game.
    The mechanics are not innovative or great, they're pretty basic. But the story and decisions are more than enough to create a masterpiece.
  79. Feb 6, 2015
    It's a lovely experience. On PC however I had a large amount of bugs that really did annoy the crap out of me. The game looks very good, using the comic book style from the original source material. All the voice actors do a pretty good job, and I absolutely love the music, as little as there is, in this game. The story really is the main focus for this point and click adventure, and as anIt's a lovely experience. On PC however I had a large amount of bugs that really did annoy the crap out of me. The game looks very good, using the comic book style from the original source material. All the voice actors do a pretty good job, and I absolutely love the music, as little as there is, in this game. The story really is the main focus for this point and click adventure, and as an overall, it's great. The ending is something that'll stick with you for a while. I Expand
  80. Apr 18, 2015
    The nice about this game is that it allows you to make even the most useless choices. What your response is going to be is your option. The story is being developed though the gameplay and not though cutscenes. Also your reactions are changing the flow of the story making it more interesting. Thats the main reason I realy enjoy this game and I think deserves 10. However thats my opinionThe nice about this game is that it allows you to make even the most useless choices. What your response is going to be is your option. The story is being developed though the gameplay and not though cutscenes. Also your reactions are changing the flow of the story making it more interesting. Thats the main reason I realy enjoy this game and I think deserves 10. However thats my opinion and should not affect or bother you Expand
  81. May 3, 2015
    I was pretty reluctant to play this game as I was of the opinion that 1) point-and-shoot games are too straight forward and 2) I've seen the show so there won't be any surprises for me.
    After reading the plethora of praises laid upon this game, I decided to take a chance and I must say I wasn't disappointed.
    Right from the time you start the game from the back seat of a police car to the end, it was an EXPERIENCE. I call it so as I had never in to 15+ years of playing video games did I feel an emotional connect with the characters. Unless you're put off by too much gore, play it. It's definitely worth the money and the time.
  82. May 10, 2015
    A game I would show to someone who complains that games aren't art. The characters are all amazingly written and react to each other realistically.The relationship between Lee Everett ( A man who was convicted of murdering his wife but was saved from prison by the zombie apocalypse) and Clementine (A little girl who hid out in her treehouse to get away from the zombies) is touching. TheA game I would show to someone who complains that games aren't art. The characters are all amazingly written and react to each other realistically.The relationship between Lee Everett ( A man who was convicted of murdering his wife but was saved from prison by the zombie apocalypse) and Clementine (A little girl who hid out in her treehouse to get away from the zombies) is touching. The story is gripping and the cel-shaded art style really emulates the look of the comics. The scenarios create tension and despite the episodic format you are constantly worried for the safety of Lee and the crew (with the exception of a few...). A masterclass on tugging the heartstrings. Bring out the tissues. Expand
  83. Jun 10, 2016
    Açıkçası duyguyu yansıtma açısından oynadığım en başarılı oyunlardan birisiydi. Oyun başta karakterler ve hikâye olmak üzere atmosfer konusunda da çok başarılı. Bunların yanı sıra "Zombi Dünyasında" geçen bir çok yapıt gördük. Fakat bu oyunlarda zombiler genellikle süs eşyası olarak gösteriliyorlardı. Korkutucu ve çaresiz bırakıcı yanları yoktu. Bu oyunda ise zombiler size gerçektenAçıkçası duyguyu yansıtma açısından oynadığım en başarılı oyunlardan birisiydi. Oyun başta karakterler ve hikâye olmak üzere atmosfer konusunda da çok başarılı. Bunların yanı sıra "Zombi Dünyasında" geçen bir çok yapıt gördük. Fakat bu oyunlarda zombiler genellikle süs eşyası olarak gösteriliyorlardı. Korkutucu ve çaresiz bırakıcı yanları yoktu. Bu oyunda ise zombiler size gerçekten çaresizliği ve stresi yaşatıyor.
    Karakterlere biraz daha değinmek istiyorum. Her karakter hem kişilik hemde seslendirme açısındam çok başarılı. Ama Lee ve Clem tek kelimeyle muhteşem karakterler. Kısacası unutulmazlar. Lee, bazen geri planda kalsada liderliği tekrar ele geçirebilen, kötü bir geçmişi olsa bile yaptıklarıyla herkesin güvenini kazanmış, kendini düşünmeyen, duygusal yanı ağır basan bir karakter. Clem ise hayatta kalmanın zorluğunu insanları severek aşıyor. Tanıştığı herkese iyi duygular besliyor. Buna rağmen yalnız hissediyor çünkü uzaklarda bir yerlerde ailesinin onu beklediğine inanıyor. Böylesine 2 güzel karakter var bu oyunda.
    Oyunu atmosfer konusunda da başarılı bulsam da müzik konusunda biraz geri buluyorum. Açıkçası Last of Us'daki gibi etkileyici müziklerin olmasını isterdim.
    Sonuç olarak oyun gerçekten etkileyici bir oyundu ama maalesef eksik olduğu konularda vardı. Mesela hikâyede bazı yerler gereksiz uzatılmış gibi hissettiriyordu. Bunun dışında seçeneklerin etkisi olsada yine bazı yerlerde etkisi olmadığını düşündürüyor. Ama yine de seçenek konusunda en iyi Telltale oyunu olduğunu söyleyebilirim.

Kısaca:
    +Dokunaklı hikaye
    +Duyguyu aktarabilmesi
    +Unutulması zor karakterler
    +Seçimlerin karakter kişiliklerine etkisini görebilmek

-Teknik hatalar
    -Hikayenin bazı yerlerde gereksiz yere uzatılmış olabileceğini düşündürmesi
    -Müzikler
  84. Jun 27, 2015
    - Good: Story, Characters, Atmosphere, Art direction, Writing
    - Mixed: Gameplay
    - Bad: ---

Best game from Telltale, with decent gameplay compared to other titles from them. Fantastic story and characters.
  85. Aug 29, 2015
    This game has simply revived my love of video games. I have almost put it aside, as the lack of depth and devs' urge to create something meaningful has plagued many titles beginning of this decade for me. Beginning with the first encounter with Clem, it changed completely.
  86. Oct 15, 2015
    This game is my second favorite game. Story, characters, dialogues, atmosphere, soundtrack, emotions. Everything is insanely good. Everyone MUST play this game.
  87. Nov 9, 2015
    This game is pure interactive story more than anything. There are a few puzzles, some quicktime sequences to keep you on your toes, but more than anything it's a game that sells itself entirely on the strength of its narrative. If that's not what you're looking for, this won't be for you.

Character models and animations are a bit dated, lip-syncing is pretty average, nothing about this game on a technical level really stands out. But as an interactive story, I can honestly say I've never felt so invested in a group of fictional characters before. Everyone is flawed but usually sympathetic, and the protagonist and his constant child companion are some of the most likeable characters in games.

Even if Lee isn't a generic "everyman", you learn to very quickly identify with him and see things from his perspective, and Clementine is perhaps the only well-done child character in any video game ever. She's realistic, she's cute, she's scared, and she looks up to you. Every action you end up taking will end up going through the filter of "what will Clem think?", and the writing and acting does a wonderful job making you really live with your decisions.

Despite the many player choices, this isn't a heavily branching story. The overall plot remains relatively the same regardless of what you do, though the fate of the supporting cast can vary. More than a branching plot, it wants to make it feel like your story, that everything that happens is a result of your choices, and it loves to make you feel guilty, whatever you end up doing. The writing and acting are excellent, and it's an emotionally brutal story in a way so rarely pulled off in games. Even if you don't like this kind of game, even if you don't even like zombies, this is a devastatingly sad tale that really needs to be experienced for yourself, if you can see past the limitations of the game built to tell it.
  88. Jan 27, 2016
    This game is close to perfection. The story itself and the gameplay (letting you chose your actions), will make you feel and live the zombie apocalypse better than ever. You are playing as Lee Everett, and you start off right at the begining of the apocalypse. You will meet people, and you will for sure experience great emotions. You will either like some people, or dislike them: and it'sThis game is close to perfection. The story itself and the gameplay (letting you chose your actions), will make you feel and live the zombie apocalypse better than ever. You are playing as Lee Everett, and you start off right at the begining of the apocalypse. You will meet people, and you will for sure experience great emotions. You will either like some people, or dislike them: and it's up to you what you do with them. Expand
  89. Jun 6, 2016
    I won't be original by saying this game puts story telling once again a level higher and harder for everyone that will try to make story based game in the future. You play a role but without side quests or exploring. Simple mechanic, click and listen, retro style of the background. The hardest thing is to keep the player focused and intrigued, Telltale games managed to pull this off inI won't be original by saying this game puts story telling once again a level higher and harder for everyone that will try to make story based game in the future. You play a role but without side quests or exploring. Simple mechanic, click and listen, retro style of the background. The hardest thing is to keep the player focused and intrigued, Telltale games managed to pull this off in this one. For every player a must play. Expand
  90. Oct 23, 2016
    This game The Walking Dead is to be congratulated, we can not really control the Lee, but the strong point is the story. The story is amazing, and the graphics have left me impressed, because it is different from the graphics of the games, it's kind of designed, not modeled, and beyond history and stunning graphics, has a good playability.
    One thing that is half bad the gameplay is the
    One thing that is half bad the gameplay is the camera, which is not the best, but you can use it, and one thing I really like the Telltale Games is the fact that depending on what you talk to the other characters You can change the ending. This is something that I loved. So he deserves a 9.
  91. Aug 28, 2016
    A worthy offspring Telltale Geyms . This is a game where you do not without possible moymete pripodnosit great story and the characters . Each character is felt in its own way to each needs its own approach . Mandatory to pass if you like the game .
  92. Oct 31, 2016
    Fantastic adventure game - interactive story book. It has neat comic book inpsired visuals that wont blow you away but do their job flawlessly. Its one of the most heart breaking, warming and emotional journeys ive taken in gaming. All the characters are exceptionaly well written and you care for nearly all of them, even the ones you might not like at first glance. All the choices you makeFantastic adventure game - interactive story book. It has neat comic book inpsired visuals that wont blow you away but do their job flawlessly. Its one of the most heart breaking, warming and emotional journeys ive taken in gaming. All the characters are exceptionaly well written and you care for nearly all of them, even the ones you might not like at first glance. All the choices you make feel significant and most importantly impact the story and its outcome so as the characters who'll judge you by your choices. Game plays without any issues on PC and save system works wihtout a problem carrying your progess episode to episode.

If you loved old school adventure games, youll love this aswell. Its a masterpiece in my books pure & simple.

It’s not perfect but The Walking Dead is one of the most important advances in interactive fiction for a generation, with some of the most memorable characters of any video game.
  2. Mar 15, 2013
    The Walking Dead is a serious, solid, but clay-footed work; in truth, it wouldn't stand out from the crowd if video game storytelling wasn't so impoverished to begin with.
  3. Hyper Magazine
    Feb 10, 2013
    A test of your moral fortitude in a world that's gone to the dogs. [March 2013, p.76]