8.7

1. Jul 30, 2017
    I think that this is truly a unique game and I would recommend that if you are a fan of this type of genre then I think you should give this game a try.
  2. Apr 27, 2017
    First thing is first this game is not for those gamers that want GAMEPLAY and GRAPHICS it's about STORY a fantastic one to be exact,you have to make some hard choises and difficult decisions because it plays out based on your decisions and you gotta make the right decision I had a lot of fun playing it with a controller.
  3. Apr 1, 2017
    The story and characters make this game worth playing. In fact, they make it good. Having said that, as far as a video game goes, it's like watching a season of a television series that makes you press play every few minutes. I don't see why more game elements could not have been added to this game. It's as if they thought they had to choose between narrative and gameplay. If you see itThe story and characters make this game worth playing. In fact, they make it good. Having said that, as far as a video game goes, it's like watching a season of a television series that makes you press play every few minutes. I don't see why more game elements could not have been added to this game. It's as if they thought they had to choose between narrative and gameplay. If you see it for cheap enough, it is definitely worth playing through, for the story. Just be ready for it to be more of a series of interactive cutscenes than a video game. Expand
  4. Mar 17, 2017
    Pros:
    - Impeccable visuals (with low resources use).
    - Telltale's strenght: storytelling, those great moments and make you feel like you're part of the plot. - Good lenght. Cons: - Simple (maybe too simple). - Choose makes you feel good but it could have be more determinant. - No napking gift within the game! xD (it would be a great idea for the phyisical PS3 release haha) -
    Pros:
    - Impeccable visuals (with low resources use).
    - Good lenght.

Cons:
    - Simple (maybe too simple).
    - Choose makes you feel good but it could have be more determinant.
    - Watch the series and remember that TWD game's world is only happening within the game.

UPDATE:
    "400 Days" DLC is like another episode but it totally worth. Well narrated different little and connected stories. You should check yourself.
  5. Mar 6, 2017
    The Walking Dead was my Game Of The Year of 2012 and has become one of my favorite games of all time. This is absolutely one of the best adventure games ever made, and it is a game that takes a toll on you emotionally like no other. No other game or movie has made me feel so attached to a character like TWD. It has an amazingly touching story and great characters. Every decision you makeThe Walking Dead was my Game Of The Year of 2012 and has become one of my favorite games of all time. This is absolutely one of the best adventure games ever made, and it is a game that takes a toll on you emotionally like no other. No other game or movie has made me feel so attached to a character like TWD. It has an amazingly touching story and great characters. Every decision you make will affect how you experience the story for the better or worse. It doesn't matter what type of games you play, this is a game that has to be experienced, it's an unforgettable journey. Don't let the point and click gameplay scare you away. If you wonder why The Walking Dead has received so many awards, it's because the episodic story of this game is unlike anything we've ever seen before. If you want a great story, look no further, Telltale's The Walking Dead is where it's at.

Personal Rating: 9.5/10
  6. Feb 16, 2017
    The Walking Dead: Season 1 is simply a masterpiece of video game story telling. I salute Telltale for their work and I am looking forward/excited to explore season 2. I have to admit that this game was an emotional journey that impacted me a lot in the last couple of weeks. These characters, the decisions they had to make, the consequences they had to live with, all these elements made meThe Walking Dead: Season 1 is simply a masterpiece of video game story telling. I salute Telltale for their work and I am looking forward/excited to explore season 2. I have to admit that this game was an emotional journey that impacted me a lot in the last couple of weeks. These characters, the decisions they had to make, the consequences they had to live with, all these elements made me genuinely care for what would happen to them.

Pros:
    + Characters that we care for and get attached to (or love to hate!)
    + Clementine & Lee
    + Voice actors are doing an amazing job at humanizing these characters
    + Dialogue system and quick decision time
    + Creates a true emotional involvment from the player
    + Relationship between the members of the group
    + Easy gameplay that serves a robust scenario first and foremost
    + Different decisions leading to different paths (though the overall story line stays the same)

Cons:
    - Gameplay could have been more developed/fleshed
    - Some slow/uninspired moments
    - Technically not a revolution.... Nonetheless, I liked the cell shedding style.

Verdict: A+
  7. Jan 27, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Just one word to describe game?
    ANNOYING!
    First of all there is no video game elements except shooting.
    And my choices matters? Alright maybe video game industry ****** up this decision driven system as Mass Effect 3, Life is Strange endings but it's worst decision driven game! I don't want to leave my weapon on sink, i don't want go to place where i know i'm gonna ***** up. And balcony just breaks after 4 people got jumped on? Gimme a Break! You can predict what the heck is gonna happen before it happens. You will go alone to the woods for wood? You are gonna be slaughtered. Oh B**** I Told YA! We have hundreds of zombies in house! Great! We have 23 bullets in total. Let's fight them off! This game makes everything to make you emotionally drained. Nothing other than that. Logic? No! Physics? Hell no! It's such a huge disappointment.
    You want decision based game? Try Mass Effect except final mission in ME3, try other telltale games. But this one? Carley Will Remember That. (gets head shot after 5 seconds no matter what you do)
  8. Jan 20, 2017
    this game is legendary with a tightly written story great characters and a fun vibe overall even though it's sad.
    once more telletale has done well with this one .
  9. Jan 13, 2017
    Hated it played the first episode it was awful. Way worst then the show most overrated game ever .
  10. Jan 9, 2017
    A Telltale Games újra dicső, régi, nagy fényükbe hozta vissza a méltatlanul háttérbe szorult kalandjátékokat. Engem nem érdekel, hogy nem is mondják játéknak, hanem inkább egy interaktív filmnek.
  11. Dec 27, 2016
    Sorry folks, not for me at all. This is an interactive comic. To tell you the truth, I didn't stick around to see if the decisions i made had any effect down the line because the game bored me to tears/uninstalled in 20 minutes flat. I found the scale claustrophobic, to the extent that you are trapped in a frame of a comic, with limited movement within that frame, and occasionally there isSorry folks, not for me at all. This is an interactive comic. To tell you the truth, I didn't stick around to see if the decisions i made had any effect down the line because the game bored me to tears/uninstalled in 20 minutes flat. I found the scale claustrophobic, to the extent that you are trapped in a frame of a comic, with limited movement within that frame, and occasionally there is a button to click, sometimes repetitively. I just don't fit the niche that this interactive comic is intended for, and quite frankly, i don't see the appeal at all. I'm assuming it's a port , because I had problems with a mouse and keyboard also. I have to go against the grain on this one, and rate it as i see it.... a total bore and a 20 minute uninstall. Expand
  12. Nov 11, 2016
    First's thing first - this is a minimally interactive visual novel rather than a game in its classical sense. Seat back, relax, take the gamepad in one hand and a cup of tea into the other, click a button once in a while and enjoy a good story.

While some of the criticism mentions that the choices you make are nothing more than a superficial gimmick and have no effect on the overall story, i must again point out that this is not an open-world game like Fall Out. This is a very well written gruesome and powerful story where you as the protagonist drive the narrative through dialogue choices. The dialogue and action choices do have some minor immediate effects on the story, but do not effect the overall arch of the main narrative.

Nonetheless, voice acting is exemplary, the story grabbing, characters are believable, can be related to, and really grow on you pretty fast. I played through all 5 Episodes without a break, and suggest anyone looking into getting The Walking Dead do the same - this episode/season business is really a lame vogue.

Recommend.
  13. Nov 9, 2016
    This is a great game and a turning point in how interactive fiction is made now.

Two most important things that made it so good are: - relation between two main characters, Lee and Clementine, an adult taking care of a child, feeling responsibility for someone, gives great framework for emotional engagement - something rather hard for me to get in computer game - game made really bold

Two most important things that made it so good are:
    - game made really bold step to depart from gameplay being a hindrance to the story. You see, in most games, gameplay (being fight in rpg and inventory puzzles in adventure games) is something that slows your progress through the story. This somewhat masks the fact that most stories are written very poorly (even in games critically acclaimed as having Great Writing - Mass Effect, Pillars of Eternity). When mixed with some shooting or spellcasting it makes an "ok" experience. Walking Dead has a good (not great) story that is not watered down by "do some repetitive boring stuff in order to get another part as a reward". Result is well above average.

There are probably better games in similar spirit now (Life is Strange) but still this one is well worth your time. Enjoyed it a lot even though I hate TV series.
  14. Nov 7, 2016
    TellTale Inc only create a master pieces and piles of garbage. This is a masterpiece!

Brilliant story - well told and your decision matter. Every Walking Dead fan should play this game, even if gaming isn't there thing.
  15. Nov 3, 2016
    Da uma dimensão muito maior à série e uma imersão maior do que os quadrinhos. A história é muito boa, os personagens marcantes e os gráficos são lindos. Suas escolhas, por mais que não alterem completamente os fatos te deixam dar uma personalidade diferente para o personagem a cada playthrough. Uma bela experiêmcia
  16. Oct 31, 2016
    Fantastic adventure game - interactive story book. It has neat comic book inpsired visuals that wont blow you away but do their job flawlessly. Its one of the most heart breaking, warming and emotional journeys ive taken in gaming. All the characters are exceptionaly well written and you care for nearly all of them, even the ones you might not like at first glance. All the choices you makeFantastic adventure game - interactive story book. It has neat comic book inpsired visuals that wont blow you away but do their job flawlessly. Its one of the most heart breaking, warming and emotional journeys ive taken in gaming. All the characters are exceptionaly well written and you care for nearly all of them, even the ones you might not like at first glance. All the choices you make feel significant and most importantly impact the story and its outcome so as the characters who'll judge you by your choices. Game plays without any issues on PC and save system works wihtout a problem carrying your progess episode to episode.

If you loved old school adventure games, youll love this aswell. Its a masterpiece in my books pure & simple.
  17. Oct 23, 2016
    This game The Walking Dead is to be congratulated, we can not really control the Lee, but the strong point is the story. The story is amazing, and the graphics have left me impressed, because it is different from the graphics of the games, it's kind of designed, not modeled, and beyond history and stunning graphics, has a good playability.
    One thing that is half bad the gameplay is the
    One thing that is half bad the gameplay is the camera, which is not the best, but you can use it, and one thing I really like the Telltale Games is the fact that depending on what you talk to the other characters You can change the ending. This is something that I loved. So he deserves a 9.
  18. Aug 28, 2016
    A worthy offspring Telltale Geyms . This is a game where you do not without possible moymete pripodnosit great story and the characters . Each character is felt in its own way to each needs its own approach . Mandatory to pass if you like the game .
  19. Jul 15, 2016
    I do not like zombie games but I decided to give it a try and I was really surprised. I enjoyed this interactive series a lot. Interesting characters.
  20. Jul 5, 2016
    This game is just awesome. It features a great plot, pretty goddamn good soundtrack, and incredible graphics. You will experience a dramatic story which lead you to shocking condition. This game made me to start wathcing The Walking Dead TV show which is now one of my favourite TV Shows ever. If you haven't ever watched TV Show or read the comics, this game will make you to do it. A masterpiece.
  21. Jun 29, 2016
    Great game,great story! If you played this I'm sure you can't say that it's a bad game. You have hard decisions to take but in the end you will see the face of every character you met. The game follows the evolution of a little girl found and raised by someone who helps it untill death. Also both seasons follows in main among others the evolution of Clementine(main character) from a littleGreat game,great story! If you played this I'm sure you can't say that it's a bad game. You have hard decisions to take but in the end you will see the face of every character you met. The game follows the evolution of a little girl found and raised by someone who helps it untill death. Also both seasons follows in main among others the evolution of Clementine(main character) from a little helpless girl to a real survivor, all settled in an apocalyptic zombie world. By the way I think the game could make a little psychological profile of yours using the decisions taken in some circumstances. (10/10 for me) Expand
  22. Jun 14, 2016
    Great game. the story is very great, its not another survival game while you just killing zombie to surivive, but its more focused on the people itself, not the zombie . and just like a real life when you are in that situation u wil feel emotion, frustation, panic, traitor, is a part of the group story.
    the graphic is great, its very artistic. in the end this is the best zombie survival game i ever played
  23. Jun 10, 2016
    Açıkçası duyguyu yansıtma açısından oynadığım en başarılı oyunlardan birisiydi. Oyun başta karakterler ve hikâye olmak üzere atmosfer konusunda da çok başarılı. Bunların yanı sıra "Zombi Dünyasında" geçen bir çok yapıt gördük. Fakat bu oyunlarda zombiler genellikle süs eşyası olarak gösteriliyorlardı. Korkutucu ve çaresiz bırakıcı yanları yoktu. Bu oyunda ise zombiler size gerçektenAçıkçası duyguyu yansıtma açısından oynadığım en başarılı oyunlardan birisiydi. Oyun başta karakterler ve hikâye olmak üzere atmosfer konusunda da çok başarılı. Bunların yanı sıra "Zombi Dünyasında" geçen bir çok yapıt gördük. Fakat bu oyunlarda zombiler genellikle süs eşyası olarak gösteriliyorlardı. Korkutucu ve çaresiz bırakıcı yanları yoktu. Bu oyunda ise zombiler size gerçekten çaresizliği ve stresi yaşatıyor.
    Karakterlere biraz daha değinmek istiyorum. Her karakter hem kişilik hemde seslendirme açısındam çok başarılı. Ama Lee ve Clem tek kelimeyle muhteşem karakterler. Kısacası unutulmazlar. Lee, bazen geri planda kalsada liderliği tekrar ele geçirebilen, kötü bir geçmişi olsa bile yaptıklarıyla herkesin güvenini kazanmış, kendini düşünmeyen, duygusal yanı ağır basan bir karakter. Clem ise hayatta kalmanın zorluğunu insanları severek aşıyor. Tanıştığı herkese iyi duygular besliyor. Buna rağmen yalnız hissediyor çünkü uzaklarda bir yerlerde ailesinin onu beklediğine inanıyor. Böylesine 2 güzel karakter var bu oyunda.
    Oyunu atmosfer konusunda da başarılı bulsam da müzik konusunda biraz geri buluyorum. Açıkçası Last of Us'daki gibi etkileyici müziklerin olmasını isterdim.
    Sonuç olarak oyun gerçekten etkileyici bir oyundu ama maalesef eksik olduğu konularda vardı. Mesela hikâyede bazı yerler gereksiz uzatılmış gibi hissettiriyordu. Bunun dışında seçeneklerin etkisi olsada yine bazı yerlerde etkisi olmadığını düşündürüyor. Ama yine de seçenek konusunda en iyi Telltale oyunu olduğunu söyleyebilirim.

Kısaca:
    +Dokunaklı hikaye
    +Duyguyu aktarabilmesi
    +Unutulması zor karakterler
    +Seçimlerin karakter kişiliklerine etkisini görebilmek

-Teknik hatalar
    -Hikayenin bazı yerlerde gereksiz yere uzatılmış olabileceğini düşündürmesi
    -Müzikler
  24. Jun 6, 2016
    I won't be original by saying this game puts story telling once again a level higher and harder for everyone that will try to make story based game in the future. You play a role but without side quests or exploring. Simple mechanic, click and listen, retro style of the background. The hardest thing is to keep the player focused and intrigued, Telltale games managed to pull this off inI won't be original by saying this game puts story telling once again a level higher and harder for everyone that will try to make story based game in the future. You play a role but without side quests or exploring. Simple mechanic, click and listen, retro style of the background. The hardest thing is to keep the player focused and intrigued, Telltale games managed to pull this off in this one. For every player a must play. Expand
  25. May 28, 2016
    Not so much a video game as an interactive, animated novel, The Walking Dead marries what's best about the source material with frantic button-mashing and choose-your-own-adventure style choices. One of the best games of its type.
  26. Mar 27, 2016
    This game brings one of the greatest story on games. It makes you to play it until you finish it, and emotions are a huge part of it. Some moments that you have to decide a very tough choice, some that you laugh, and some you cry. For story games lovers, is one of the best choices. I loved every part of it.
  27. Mar 7, 2016
    My first experience with a point and click adventure game and I enjoyed it. The game has nothing to do with the show although there are a few nods to it (the Asian guy called Glenn for example). It's more of a TV show that you control rather than a game and honestly that wasn't a problem, I went in knowing what to expect and I enjoyed it more because of that. The story was interesting andMy first experience with a point and click adventure game and I enjoyed it. The game has nothing to do with the show although there are a few nods to it (the Asian guy called Glenn for example). It's more of a TV show that you control rather than a game and honestly that wasn't a problem, I went in knowing what to expect and I enjoyed it more because of that. The story was interesting and you really started to care about the characters by the end, there was moments where I was genuinely sad after someone died. I have to say it was a nice change of pace just chilling in bed playing a casual game, and I'm very much looking forward to starting season two ASAP.

I have to say the game ended on a high note, the final episode was fantastic and I was left with "feels" by the end of it, which is always a sign of a well told story. The game was solid throughout though with some very memorial bits that would have been great in the actual TV show (the farm, enough said). The follow up DLC 400 days wasn't anything special but it sets up season two nicely so was worth the £1.50 or whatever it cost, even if it was very short. It was basically 5 mini stories that introduced you to the cast of season two, and there are definitely a couple of characters I'm interested in although my first impression is the season one cast was stronger but it's really too early to say.

The game did have one major issue and that was the engine, apparently Telltale are known for their poor technical ability and I can see why. The game suffered heavily from this weird character stutter/shimmer which was extremely off-putting, it definitely hurt the game overall. I think with how successful all their games have been it's maybe time for them to work on a new engine with current gen in mind. Saying that the technical issues didn't come close to ruining the game, even for me and I'm very anal about this sort of thing. I may have scored it higher though had the game been as technically sound as it was in every other department.

Overall if you want a change of pace and to play something a little more laid back I would highly recommend this game while it's on sale, at £4.75 it's an absolute steal.
  28. Feb 28, 2016
    This is my favourite game ever. It has the most emotional and fantastic story in any game to date. You will be blown away by the choices you make and how devastating they can be. If you are a PC gamer then this is truly the game to get.
  29. Jan 27, 2016
    This game is close to perfection. The story itself and the gameplay (letting you chose your actions), will make you feel and live the zombie apocalypse better than ever. You are playing as Lee Everett, and you start off right at the begining of the apocalypse. You will meet people, and you will for sure experience great emotions. You will either like some people, or dislike them: and it'sThis game is close to perfection. The story itself and the gameplay (letting you chose your actions), will make you feel and live the zombie apocalypse better than ever. You are playing as Lee Everett, and you start off right at the begining of the apocalypse. You will meet people, and you will for sure experience great emotions. You will either like some people, or dislike them: and it's up to you what you do with them. Expand
  30. Dec 30, 2015
    I kept putting off buying this, but an awesome person gifted it to me, so I finally got around to playing it.
    So yeah, after finishing it I had to leave a positive review. It would be a crime not to. The way your choices affect everything is done extremely well, there's a good plot, and great characters.
    A game has never gotten me emotionally involved like this. The characters and choice system combine to make everything feel realistic and personal. I legitimately teared up at some parts. No shame, that's amazing. A fictional story has never done that to me before.

If you're remotely a fan of narrative driven games, you HAVE to play this. I know I regret not playing it sooner.

It’s not perfect but The Walking Dead is one of the most important advances in interactive fiction for a generation, with some of the most memorable characters of any video game.
  2. Mar 15, 2013
    The Walking Dead is a serious, solid, but clay-footed work; in truth, it wouldn't stand out from the crowd if video game storytelling wasn't so impoverished to begin with.
  3. Hyper Magazine
    Feb 10, 2013
    A test of your moral fortitude in a world that's gone to the dogs. [March 2013, p.76]