8.7

1. Apr 24, 2013
    Not the best "action" game but it wasn't meant to be. Telltale set out to tell a story with great characters and choices that the player makes that can change the game dramatically. One of the best gaming experiences I have ever had
  2. May 16, 2013
    One of the best stories I've ever played, but aside that and it's hardly a game, mostly bunch of qte's! The most amazing thing of this project the way you communicating with other characters, it's like the movie and you a big par of it! Great game for sure, I want more like this!
  3. Apr 26, 2013
    Well... This was a pleasant surprise even though I came with big expectations. The story is engaging, the characters are alive and developing the tension is high, and the choices seem difficult and meaningful. Not to mention that the technical execution is excellent as well.
    Definitely one of the better games of 2012
  4. Jun 5, 2013
    In my opinion it's not really a game,more of an interactive movie really but holy crap is it a good interactive movie.The emotional payback of this game is huge,your choices affect everything,you will have to choose who lives,who dies and so on,it's brilliant.
  5. May 7, 2013
    The Walking Dead series is a point and click 5 parter with a small amount of keyboard movement involved. The story line is well thought out and choice made in earlier parts may come back to help or haunt you in the later stages. Although the original price tag of £29.99 was rather high as you had to wait for the other parts to be released, now you can pick it up £9.99 in most places withThe Walking Dead series is a point and click 5 parter with a small amount of keyboard movement involved. The story line is well thought out and choice made in earlier parts may come back to help or haunt you in the later stages. Although the original price tag of £29.99 was rather high as you had to wait for the other parts to be released, now you can pick it up £9.99 in most places with all parts ready to go. If your into the TV series or just want something different then this is worth a tenner. Expand
  6. Sep 28, 2013
    I'm giving the PC version the same score but I will say this game is best played with the keyboard and mouse on a PC you also have less bugs and other technical issues on the PC than the consoles or Vita.
  7. May 10, 2013
    Great art style and very emotional! I cried at the end of this game and I am normally a tough person and rarely cry. I was smiling all the way through the game the same as I do with the TV show! Worth the purchase. Best GAMING EXPERIENCE EVER
  8. Jul 17, 2014
    I loved this series! It was amazing! The story was great! The game play was really slow, like walking to this thing then the next but still loved this game. The graphics could have been done A LOT better, and the swearing could just be left out. I mean swearing? If there was a 0/100 score I would just give it a 90 because the swearing and violence is unbelievable. But people have got toI loved this series! It was amazing! The story was great! The game play was really slow, like walking to this thing then the next but still loved this game. The graphics could have been done A LOT better, and the swearing could just be left out. I mean swearing? If there was a 0/100 score I would just give it a 90 because the swearing and violence is unbelievable. But people have got to understand that you DO NOT play this for the game play. You play this for the story. Just some people don't get it. And I also loved how you spread the game out, makes it so you can't beat the game in one day, or a week. Expand
  9. Feb 2, 2014
    I personally loved this game. I found it much more entertaining than the TV show and liked how much impact your decisions could have. Thrilling game with very well-done emotional side. Would definitely recommend.
  10. May 16, 2013
    One of the best games I've ever played and the only one that's nearly reduced me to tears. Totally worth the money. The story keeps you wanting more, and you begin to like the characters. I felt all the emotions possible from a video game with this.
  11. Jul 4, 2013
    Do you like amazing games at amazing prices?

Do not listen to the crying about no choices, its not true. your choices do make a difference, characters will die or live, by your choices. There is only one thing THAT you can't stop by any choices you make. And your just going to have to play to find out!
  12. AWG
    Jul 14, 2013
    The Walking Dead by Telltale is an incredible game experience (notice, "game experience", not "game") ruined by one of the worst Italian localizations I've ever seen in a finished product.
  13. Dec 29, 2013
    After a slow introduction and welcoming of characters ,Telltale games have created a Smash hit that will have you crying, cruising and slaughtering what everyone seems to love zombies! The walking dead had one of the most heart ranching story's and will go down in history as being one of the most immersive adventures to date. Lee the main protagonist must protect Clem the young girl whoAfter a slow introduction and welcoming of characters ,Telltale games have created a Smash hit that will have you crying, cruising and slaughtering what everyone seems to love zombies! The walking dead had one of the most heart ranching story's and will go down in history as being one of the most immersive adventures to date. Lee the main protagonist must protect Clem the young girl who you grow to care for a surprisingly love. The walking dead is one of the best games around, apart from the casual freezes it will be money spent well. Expand
  14. Jun 17, 2013
    This game is not about graphics or game play, its about a epic, well written story- that will leave you amazed by the end. As i went through the story 's episodes, i found my self immersed in the games story, making some of the hardest decisions you can ever make in a game. the game is tailored to the things you do throughout the experience.the character you meet and the choices you makeThis game is not about graphics or game play, its about a epic, well written story- that will leave you amazed by the end. As i went through the story 's episodes, i found my self immersed in the games story, making some of the hardest decisions you can ever make in a game. the game is tailored to the things you do throughout the experience.the character you meet and the choices you make will effect the game throughout. As you play there will be some characters you bond with.

The last episode i found myself almost in tears, due to the depth this story goes into; the mind blowing conclusion, that will leave you emotional. easily one of the best stories in a game- and other developers should take note.
  15. Jun 19, 2013
    For this genre this game is incredible, the story is so addictive and interesting it keeps you wanting more. The only negative thing about it is that it ends.
    Incredible story and gameplay, highly recommend.
  16. Jun 20, 2013
    One of the best story-driven games I've ever played,a little disapointed because Telltale Games told us that your choices affect story.This puts up a huge question:Are video games really art?
    You will go through more feelings with this,than with Titanic.
    All in all great game,gets an 9/10.
  17. Jun 22, 2013
    The Walking Dead is simply one of the best game ever made related to the story. Seriously, people who didn't cry at some parts have no heart. People who score this game less than 8 just don't have a clue of games and should not be allowed to rate in the first place. A big fact i also like is that your decisions really change the details of the progression.

I don't think there will be a

I don't think there will be a game that will be more emotional than this one, maybe as emotional as The Walking dead, but nothing more. Recommendation for everyone!
  18. Jul 2, 2013
    People who rate this game badly know absolutely nothing about gaming. Gaming is more than Call of Duty. Gaming is something that is to be experienced and enjoyed, using interaction to guide people through the game. This game has the best story I have ever played through. People rating this poorly will be saying that the gameplay was not as they expected or that the graphics aren'tPeople who rate this game badly know absolutely nothing about gaming. Gaming is more than Call of Duty. Gaming is something that is to be experienced and enjoyed, using interaction to guide people through the game. This game has the best story I have ever played through. People rating this poorly will be saying that the gameplay was not as they expected or that the graphics aren't Battlefield 3 like. But I'm sorry, the story telling in this game is by far and away the best in any game and therefore will hopefully lead to better storytelling within gaming, thanks to this one game. Expand
  19. Jul 2, 2013
    Generally one of the best games out there. The story has emotional impacts on you and the game later on. And the ending... may or may not have made me cried :L
  20. Jul 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After playing only 39 hours of the walking dead, I have to admit that chopping of my arm didn't stop me from becoming a member of the undead. However what would you expect from being bitten. Lets start with the negative and end strongly on the positive.

Negatives:
    While you have lots of choices to make, no matter how you try and play the game punishes you by taking Clementine. A plot twist at that point could have Clementine running away to the hotel to find her parents because you said no and its something she really wants.

The controls do feel a little clunky and barely adapted for the PC. Take walking for example, its like there are imaginary boxes we cant walk into. Sticking to one view point also suck, why not allow some edge screen panning so we can look around more.

The game is limited to a small segment of story. This lets it down a little, not enough to annoy everyone but enough to be noticeable.

Positives:
    I'm not sure the walking dead should be called a game, It should be categorized as an interactive movie. This being said highlights how Telltale has crafted "game" that makes you develop emotions for characters. This is a quality best used for movies, a good game can have you randomly blowing up and killing thousands of people/humanoids. To be able to watch a movie and have an influence on it's characters is a great feeling for the users.

The game is by no means "Hard" but if it was you would stop paying interest to whats going on in the story.

On the whole I loved the walking dead but mostly for its story. I would recommended it to people even if they play it just once. If you buy the walking dead and don't finish it you are wasting your money. 9/10 for story 5/10 for user friendly
  21. Jul 13, 2013
    This is probably one of the best Story/Dialogue based games out there. It was so emotional and breathtaking to play. It was basically a well-written book/film that YOU were apart of. It truly deserves all the hype and I cannot believe that it isn't a 50 dollar game where it should be.
  22. Jul 14, 2013
    So first off, this Is not the amc version, It's based off the comic book.
    This Is a game where how you play, act and talk affects the other characters.
    As well as some hard decisions along the way, and the conversations aren't just something to watch. At some points in a conversation, you will be given 4 response choices (one almost always silence) and a amount of time to choose. And
    So first off, this Is not the amc version, It's based off the comic book.
    This Is a game where how you play, act and talk affects the other characters.
    And the voice acting is great! Barely anyone isn't a fleshed-out character.
    Though as with all telltale games, the animations (facial, walking, body language, etc.) are a tad bit mediocore.
    The game's art design is based off the comic and yet these characters still seem to hit home when it come to drama.
    I'm not going to talk about the story as you want to find it out yourself, but you probably want to know the start so here goes nothing....

You are Lee Everett, you were A teacher at a university in Atlanta and a senator slept with your wife causing you to kill him out of anger. So you're on your way to prison, and the driver asks you a few things about the case. You answer him as best as you can, but as you talk. You start to see more and more law enforcement vehicles shoot past, heading for the Atlanta and the police radio is buzzing about a few things to worry about, but the driver turns it off.
    Then after a while, someone gets in the highway and the officer driving you is looking the other way and hits him! Sending the car off the road with both of you inside!

Thats all i can say from here on out, the rest is for you to find out. The last thing i'm going to say about the game is it's puzzles. They're not just some blocks in the way of the story, they do require a quite a tad-bit of thinking. They're not half-bad and actually challenging if you haven't watched someone play through the game, but that doesn't mean you yourself can't figure them out.

Overall, this game gets a 9 out of ten from me.

This game is my personal favorite but i'm not letting that get in my way of giving fair scores, the 10 isn't there because of the animations and very slow pacing (though the slow pacing makes it feel more like a book that you're reading than a game, and i'm actually a guy who loves books)

It may have gotten game of the year, but that doesn't mean everyone likes it. But I do strongly reccomend this game, for the best experince. I suggest making choices based on what you would do, don't ask anyone else or read a guide. Play it as if Lee Everett were you.
  23. Jul 19, 2013
    Now I haven't seen the TV series but if it's any near as good as this in terms of storytelling and tension then it's defintley worth it.
    This game's strengh is in the the way the story is told. Giving the player so many options in dialogues and all increases the immersion which already is great anyways.
    There was some sick stuff happening... but in such a setting this is a good thing. Seing that the story writers aren't afraid of anything there was always suspense making this a very tense adventure. You know, there's predictable plots... this one wasn't one of those. Not to me at least.
    Another cool part was that the player could decide wether to be nice or be a complete douche in so many situations the game kinda adopts to the player's character. Greatly enjoyed it!
  24. Jul 19, 2013
    god, forget about all games this is it. I mean it. This is the real game. I feel like other games are just waste of time. May the graphics aren't good enough but it feels like you're in the comic book. Feels like you are living in it. Just Awesome!
  25. Jul 22, 2013
    Without a doubt the best game I've played in recent memory. Won't spoil anything, but rarely have I felt so emotionally connected to fictional characters, and certain moments made me cry my eyes out. Had to make a metacritic account just to review this game, absolutely fantastic.
  26. Sep 18, 2014
    Just ended this game, as a fan of zombies stuff I have to say the game is really cool but it makes me a little upset that whatever you choose to do the epilogue and most of the main happenings will still be the same.
    It might change the episode you are playing itself, but the game plot will not be totally changed by your decision.
    I mean, even deus ex had multiple endings... The game
    I mean, even deus ex had multiple endings...
    The game itself is quite nice thought, basically it is a little movie.
    Good plot, many plot twist and you really feel into the game sometimes.
    Some parts are like playing monkey island or broken sword, not that hard thought (and I am glad of that)

Buy if you love ALL about zombies and want to try something different and hear a story that you can decide what to do or to say often, but dont expect replayability.
    Dont buy if you love SHOOTING zombies or you are looking for intense action (in that case I suggest Left for Dead or Dead Rising)

27. May 4, 2014
    OK I might be giving it a perfect score while it is not a perfect game. The reason behind this is the amazing experience that the story gave me. A mixture of brilliant writing,tremendous voice acting and an excellent narrative make this adventure game a genre defining experience. All 5 episodes are brilliantly paced and on no occasion felt stretched. Only weakness of the game are theOK I might be giving it a perfect score while it is not a perfect game. The reason behind this is the amazing experience that the story gave me. A mixture of brilliant writing,tremendous voice acting and an excellent narrative make this adventure game a genre defining experience. All 5 episodes are brilliantly paced and on no occasion felt stretched. Only weakness of the game are the occasional glitches that affect its performance in an otherwise masterpiece. Expand
  28. Dec 8, 2013
    Wow, what a ride this was.

TellTale has done a great job. The writers created a story which was not only captivating but an amazing emotional experience. The Walking Dead is a comic-book drawn style adventure game in which the choices you make tailor the story you play going forward and continuously shape the people around you and your game play experience. Every action has
    Wow, what a ride this was.

Every action has consequences and you never can please everyone.

-- Gameplay
    -----------------
    The game mechanics are nice and simple. The story progresses through point-click action and mainly through dialog with the people you encounter.

During the dialogs you will be presented with several choices of answers.
    Each answer may or may not have consequences and alters how other people see you, trust you or even start disliking you.

Every now and then you will end up in a heavy story-changing scenario in which the story going forward is altered quite strongly.
    You might need to make a choice to save one or another person, run or fight or other difficult choice.
    Those choices alter the story quite drastic in places to the extend whereby you might end up continuing your story with different people then if you had made different choices or people start treating you completely different from that moment on.

-- The Story
    -----------------

The game places you in control of Lee a man on his way to prison as the story begins and has no idea yet what is happening.
    As you are trying to deal with the world as it now is you stumble across an 8 year old girl named Clementine who you will decide to help out and team up with.

For the duration of the story your relationship with Clementine and others you meet evolves and are shaped continuously based on the choices you make and how you treat each person.

I don't want to give to much of the main background story away so I'm not going into to much details.
    Let's just say, for the rest of the game you and Clementine will come across other people and groups, some highly irritating and disturbed while others are more neutral and well meaning, though you will find it hard to quickly know who to trust and who you can't.

Quite often you will find yourself in situations you wish you could make different choices then the ones presented or make choices you know might not be right but need to be made.

-----------------
    -- Summary
    -----------------

Personally I can only say that TellTale and the Writes have delivered something very simplistic but yet so wonderful you are feeling you are writing your own story which will grab you, slowly pulling you deeper and deeper into this emotional roller coaster ride and will not let you go.

By the end of Episode 5 you will just find yourself staring blankly at the credits slowly processing this whole experience.
    Well, that what it was like for me and I'm already looking very much forward to December 17th to continue on.

I cannot recommend this game highly enough and hope you will enjoy it as much as I have.
  29. Aug 30, 2013
    What can I say that hasn't already been said? I got hooked with this game seeing it on youtube and had to buy it as soon as it was complete on disc. Just loved it. The first and only time that I completely felt for the characters... I wanted them to get along well, to success (and even committted a few crimes just to keep things friendly between some characters). But It´s not for everybodyWhat can I say that hasn't already been said? I got hooked with this game seeing it on youtube and had to buy it as soon as it was complete on disc. Just loved it. The first and only time that I completely felt for the characters... I wanted them to get along well, to success (and even committted a few crimes just to keep things friendly between some characters). But It´s not for everybody because if you are looking for a shooter or a scary game, this is not the place. It´s almost like a movie where you have to decide what to do or say, and that actions will have consequences in the future. It´s really a unique game. Cannot wait for the second season! Please Telltale, hurry up! Expand
  30. Dec 27, 2013
    Ah.. my little new love..Clementine. One of the most precious little girls in comic, movie or video game history. She really makes this, harsh, anger-inducing but GREAT video game memorable.

The main character, Lee Everett is a good guy that got messed over and I really found playing out his relationship with his ward, student and loving, doting adopted daughter Clementine the most beautiful part of this game.

Its to a gift to raise and protect a little girl like this in this game and makes it for me a 9/10

It’s not perfect but The Walking Dead is one of the most important advances in interactive fiction for a generation, with some of the most memorable characters of any video game.
  2. Mar 15, 2013
    The Walking Dead is a serious, solid, but clay-footed work; in truth, it wouldn't stand out from the crowd if video game storytelling wasn't so impoverished to begin with.
  3. Hyper Magazine
    Feb 10, 2013
    A test of your moral fortitude in a world that's gone to the dogs. [March 2013, p.76]