8.6

1. BMF
    Dec 11, 2012
    The Walking Dead is the best story based game I have played in a long time. I got very attached to my character and those around him and felt compelled to help everyone even though thats a imposable task. The dialoge options are vast and I found myself lost in telltales world. I can not wait untill episode one season 2 is released!
  2. Mar 11, 2013
    TWD is a awesome game! Telltale make me care with characters, the choice system is fantastic by delivery a sense of urgency with its time count bar, that by all means make you have to do hard choices in a little time, this make the tension grows as it would in a real life emergency context.

The plot is rich and the characters too, both becoming meaningful by the length of the game to the point that your choices consequences really make you regret some of your actions in a way that other games can't make you feel, I bet that the reviewers that gave notes like ZERO would prefer to play Call of Duty or other brainless game.
  3. Jan 13, 2014
    Captures the essence of The Walking Dead Comic Book perfectly!

This game is truly a masterpiece. The Walking Dead has fantastic gameplay that relies on the player choices moreso than anything else and the game benefits from this as there are many heart-pounding sections that require quick thinking or else the Zombies kill one of your extremeley likeable comrades! These characters are
    Captures the essence of The Walking Dead Comic Book perfectly!

These characters are even better written than they are in the TV Show and engage the player into their unique back stories that are inextricably linked to the present events. Everything feels right; not a single objective in the game seems pointless. Character development here is one of the best in this medium as each character goes through their own grim, adult and realistic arcs that are very intriguing - It sucks you in right from the get-go.

The graphics are perfect! Brings the comic books to life better than anything else (I really wish the TV Series followed up on this style as it actually resembles the source material.)

Overall, a true modern masterpiece and a perfect representation of The Walking Dead by Telltale Games. The Zombie genre has never been better!
  4. Jan 19, 2013
    I was totally floored by this game. Even after hearing all the hype, I had no idea what I was in for. I'm a huge fan of story-based adventure games, and have played many of Telltale's other series. They have always been good at humor and cartoony worlds, but I questioned whether they could pull off a serious or dark game. My concerns were left shattered on the floor early on in episodeI was totally floored by this game. Even after hearing all the hype, I had no idea what I was in for. I'm a huge fan of story-based adventure games, and have played many of Telltale's other series. They have always been good at humor and cartoony worlds, but I questioned whether they could pull off a serious or dark game. My concerns were left shattered on the floor early on in episode one, and stayed there through the rest of the game, all the way to the shuddering end. This game grabs you and never lets go. As others have mentioned, I experienced many complex emotions throughout the game which I rarely feel when playing games. It was like the best thriller films, except I was involved in the choices so it felt even more personal. The writing and characters are so well done that you forget you are playing a game, and you never know what's around the bend. I feel like this game is a refreshing change, and only the beginning of what is possible in interactive storytelling if it is done right. I hope its popularity will push developers more into this front. Expand
  5. Feb 12, 2013
    10 is way too low for this game. Brilliant writing that deviates from the story line of the TV series but keeps the spirit fully intact. Brilliant game that keeps you involved in the story and links you to each character, which were each well developed. Loved it. It seems like it can be replayed multiple times. Also love the fact that you are shown what others did in the choices.
  6. Jun 12, 2013
    The graphics, storytelling, scriptwriting, voice acting and characters in this game are amazing!

You can relate to the characters and their personalities do grow throughout the story. The moral choices you have to make really influence your further interactions with you fellow survivors and to some degree how the story evolves. Every action has a reaction and some moral choices are key to how the story goes on. Every scene, every gesture on the characters face, every interaction between Lee (your character) and the other survivors is meaningful and properly written. True storytelling in games redefined.
  7. Koo
    Jan 5, 2013
    Having played all 5 games in the series, I am confident in awarding it my Game of the Year 2012. With its unique visual style and compelling storyline, The Walking Dead pulls you in and does not let go. Curious how your decisions compare with those of players around the world? The game lets you know at the end of every episode how your decisions measure up. Don't have 20 hours freeHaving played all 5 games in the series, I am confident in awarding it my Game of the Year 2012. With its unique visual style and compelling storyline, The Walking Dead pulls you in and does not let go. Curious how your decisions compare with those of players around the world? The game lets you know at the end of every episode how your decisions measure up. Don't have 20 hours free time every week? No problem. Each episode is 2-3 hours long. Stop reading this review and TRY THIS GAME already!! Expand
  8. May 23, 2013
    This game is just amazing. Unforgettable..... have never felt this emotionally attached to a game and it's characters/story-line. defiantly a must play.
  9. Dec 22, 2012
    More of an interactive narrative, not very "fun" but extremely moving, fascinating, and well worth the price. Episode 2 was the worst but after that they got progressively better and extremely good.
  10. Mar 11, 2014
    The Walking Dead The Game é um jogo no estilo Point and Click, desenvolvido e produzido pela Telltale Games, lançado em 5 episódios ao longo de 2012.

The Walking Dead foi lançado originalmente nas histórias em quadrinhos pela editora Image Comics em 2003, ganhando incontáveis prêmios nos anos seguintes, em 2010 a série foi levada para a TV e o sucesso foi tão grande que um game não tardaria a surgir.

E foi a Telltale quem assumiu a empreitada de levar a saga de zumbis aos games, surpreendendo a todos por se tratar de um Adventure, gênero pouco popular entre o grande público, e principalmente por não focar a sua história nos personagens do material original.

O grande diferencial de The Walking Dead é focar em seus personagens, em como eles reagem ao mundo tomado pelo apocalipse zumbi, surpreendendo a cada novo capítulo com situações dramáticas e emocionantes. O game da Telltale consegue, de forma primorosa, proporcionar a mesma experiência das HQs e de forma bem mais impactante que a série de TV, por permitir que o jogador se torne parte integrante da história.

Na trama assumimos o personagem Lee Evertt, um professor universitário, que acaba de ser condenado e está sendo levado para a prisão, na caminho se envolve em um acidente de transito, ao acordar se vê rodeado de zumbis, sem entender o que está ocorrendo ele busca abrigo em uma casa e conhece a pequena Clementine, garota de 9 anos que se separou dos seus pais. Lee acaba assumindo a responsabilidade de manter Clementine em segurança enquanto busca encontrar os pais da menina.

A jogabilidade é no estilo point and click que consiste em apontar para os objetos no cenário e clicar para executar ações de interação, em um primeiro momento isso é algo monótono e exige certa paciência, já que a movimentação é bem lento, mas após um tempo você se acostuma com tal sistema. Os gráficos são simples, cartunescos, que lembra em muito a arte dos quadrinhos, dando um identidade única ao game.

O grande atrativo do game sem dúvida é sua história e a forma como ela é narrada. O game permite que interagir com os personagens coadjuvantes através de diálogos onde Lee pode ser sincero ou não, ou mesmo salvar ou não determinado personagem, tais escolhas tem impacto tanto no relacionamento entre o grupo, como na própria desenrolar da trama. Tal forma de narrar a história torna a mesma extremamente envolvente e marcante onde cada decisão, e suas consequências, tenham peso, fazendo que o jogador se sinta parte integrante da trama.

Lee assim como Rick Grimes, protagonista da série original, é o clássico herói, mesmo tendo cometido erros ele busca fazer o que é certo, buscando sempre o bem estar do grupo de sobreviventes. O personagem e tão carismático que o jogador sente o peso de cada decisão tomada pelo protagonista e tal imersão apenas aumenta à medida que Lee se apega a pequena Clementine. E acredite o game é incrivelmente dramático e envolvente, dificilmente você não irá se emocionar ou ao menos se chocar com as situações apresentadas no game, principalmente no final que com toda a certeza é um dos mais marcantes da história dos vídeo games.

The Walking Dead é um excelente game, com personagens marcantes e uma trama emocionante, de tal forma que qualquer defeito ou limitação sejam deixados de lado mediante a tal experiência, um game que ficará eternamente marcado na memória de qualquer gamer que goste de boas histórias.
  11. Mar 7, 2013
    Definitely the best adventure game i've played in years.
    The story is great, the graphics are nice. Everything about this game is so good.
    I really hope they make more chapters in a near future. This IP has potential and Telltale did a tremendous making this game.

I'm glad they won the GOTY 2012. Very well deserved.
  12. Jul 7, 2013
    Easily one of the most beautiful, spellbinding stories ever crafted in gaming. The voice acting, writing and suspense are some of the best in gaming, but you've heard all this before. The main complaint with the Walking Dead is that is simply is more of an interactive movie than a game per se, however I would disagree. People mistakenly believe that the only 'gameplay' in this gameEasily one of the most beautiful, spellbinding stories ever crafted in gaming. The voice acting, writing and suspense are some of the best in gaming, but you've heard all this before. The main complaint with the Walking Dead is that is simply is more of an interactive movie than a game per se, however I would disagree. People mistakenly believe that the only 'gameplay' in this game involves picking conversation options and point and click scenes, however it is my opinion that the relationships you form and how much you care for the characters is also part of the gameplay. If I was watching a movie, I wouldn't care half as much for Clementine as I would in a game, because I feel like a father figure to her rather than watching someone else be a father figure. So, in essence, this game does have gameplay, just not in the traditional sense you are used to. Expand
  13. Aug 27, 2014
    This is among the finest examples of computer game story telling there is. It draws you in, builds you up and tears you down as you follow the fascinating tale of Lee and Clementine as they fight for survival in the early days following the apocalypse. Clementine works brilliantly as a type of moral mirror for Lee and has the player constantly question the merits and implications ofThis is among the finest examples of computer game story telling there is. It draws you in, builds you up and tears you down as you follow the fascinating tale of Lee and Clementine as they fight for survival in the early days following the apocalypse. Clementine works brilliantly as a type of moral mirror for Lee and has the player constantly question the merits and implications of choices made.

The story is thrilling, the conclusion epic and the characters are well made, well expanded and also well concluded. The atmosphere of the game is truly stunning, both visually and audibly, and the interaction with the game feels natural and intuitive.

This is a must play game if you're into story telling at all.
  14. Jul 26, 2013
    A brilliant game, thrilling captivating story, emotionally engaging characters. The game plays like an interactive movie, the gameplay is not very ambitious, the replay value may be next to nonexistant but the writing makes the experience truly worthwhile.
  15. Dec 25, 2012
    I have never played a game that can make you feel everything there is out there. A masterpiece. That ending alone deserves 10/10. Damn it, I cried like hell!
  16. Feb 24, 2013
    By 2012/2013 standards The Walking Dead game should suck. Graphics are stylized yet low res and clunky, music may be good and atmospheric but sounds are so generic that they don't stick out and are average at best. And mostly and above all the game is old-school point-and-click like adventure divided into series of 5 episodes. All in all it's a recipe for a huge failure. This is how itBy 2012/2013 standards The Walking Dead game should suck. Graphics are stylized yet low res and clunky, music may be good and atmospheric but sounds are so generic that they don't stick out and are average at best. And mostly and above all the game is old-school point-and-click like adventure divided into series of 5 episodes. All in all it's a recipe for a huge failure. This is how it looks like in theory at least.

The truth is The Walking Dead deserves a solid 10/10 and was the gem of gaming in 2012 for me. I've mentioned all of it's shortcomings and I'm still sticking by it. As a game it's not great but as an interactive story with multiple twists and tribulations, involving characters, tough moral choices and a sense of ultimate despair that main characters are facing at all times makes it an EXTREMELY rewarding experience.
  17. Dec 18, 2012
    It is rare for me to give a game a 10, but The Walking Dead deserves it. Most games use story to connect one level to the next, but in TWD the gameplay connects chapters of the story together... the story is the focus in TWD. This game has the best character development and story of any game out there. I found myself liking some character while disliking others and the choices I made inIt is rare for me to give a game a 10, but The Walking Dead deserves it. Most games use story to connect one level to the next, but in TWD the gameplay connects chapters of the story together... the story is the focus in TWD. This game has the best character development and story of any game out there. I found myself liking some character while disliking others and the choices I made in the game reflected my feelings towards individuals in the group. I have never had a game make me question my own morality. A choice I made in the heat of the moment later filled me with self doubt and regret... did I make the right choice... and believe me, the choices are not easy. The game makes you feel something for the different character in the game, and if the ending does not have you at least choking back tears... then you simply are not human! This game is an instant classic and on my short list for best game I have ever played. Expand
  18. Jan 12, 2013
    The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series is a point and click adventure game set in a zombie-survival scenario based on the similarly named comics. However, instead of the usual puzzle-solving the player will often be called upon to make (moral) choices and weigh need with wants. The story continues through several chapters (5 at the time of writing, which concludes season 1) andThe Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series is a point and click adventure game set in a zombie-survival scenario based on the similarly named comics. However, instead of the usual puzzle-solving the player will often be called upon to make (moral) choices and weigh need with wants. The story continues through several chapters (5 at the time of writing, which concludes season 1) and throughout each chapter, the choices you made in a previous chapter will affect the reactions of those around you. The graphics are outdated but that's covered up quite well by the cel-shaded graphics and Telltale has done an excellent job at making the characters come across as human, not just through their facial expressions but also by the more than superb voice-acting and the excellent writing. I did not read the comics but I did watch the TV series and I hated it, it was far too long-winded and the characters were so annoying that I felt no connection to them but the videogame .. It's brilliant. The only thing that annoyed me was that sometimes the game mechanics change function. For example, at one point you'll be asked to undertake a certain action but you won't have a lot of information to go on. Naturally, you'll select the "Eye" icon which normally only causes Lee, the protagonist, to tell you what's going on so you can make informed decisions. However, in this case, it'll move the game on rather than give you more information. Although given the situation it is perfectly understandable but from a gaming point of view, it's punishing and confusing the player; possibly causing him to make a choice he did not want to make. These situations occur from time to time but you just deal with it, it's a minor grievance. A must-play for anyone who's into Point-and-Click games, zombie-scenarios and survival. A word of warning: this game is highly graphic. You might be used to a lot of violence in games but this game is more visceral than anything you've probably ever played. Expand
  19. Jan 5, 2013
    This is the best story based game ever released.Definitely GOTY 2012 for me.I haven't had so much fun and i felt like i was really ''living'' in that world.Everything you do have consequences later.
  20. Feb 22, 2013
    The Walking Dead deserves to be up in the ranks of Zelda OOT and Super Mario Bros for its innovative, unique way of storytelling, a cast of characters that the player will decide the connections with each of them, spot-on voice acting and many more qualities that make this game extraordinary.
  21. Jan 6, 2013
    This game is definitely worth the honour of being game of the year. I literally exclaimed out "AWESOME" or "NO" several times while playing the game! I was so taken back by what was happening and what I experienced during the game, I can't wait for the next 5 as the ending was immense :) Buy and play this game, you will not regret it!
  22. Mar 4, 2013
    Telltale's The Walking Dead provides fantastic character development, storytelling and a great cast of realistic, perfect voice actors. It's hard for me to imagine no one feeling emotion when playing through The Walking Dead. Telltale's Episodic model pans the experience of The Walking Dead over a few months and gives a longer, more enjoyable saga. The Walking Dead reminds us that gamingTelltale's The Walking Dead provides fantastic character development, storytelling and a great cast of realistic, perfect voice actors. It's hard for me to imagine no one feeling emotion when playing through The Walking Dead. Telltale's Episodic model pans the experience of The Walking Dead over a few months and gives a longer, more enjoyable saga. The Walking Dead reminds us that gaming shouldn't look like a drag act in Vegas, sparkly lights and tons of effects, but provide a larger focus on character development and storytelling. Never before has a point and click adventure ever brought me so much anticipation. Perhaps it was the storytelling and character development that excited me, or perhaps it was just the fact that I like zombies. Expand
  23. Dec 12, 2012
    One of the best stories in a game, makes you feel for the characters and regret your hard decisions even though you know in your heart it was the right choice.

Speaking of the right choice, the right choice is to buy this now!
  24. Jan 31, 2013
    This is easily the best game in 2012 for story. The fact that some people think it is not a game just sickens me. How can people nitpick and use any straws they can cling to in order to say that it is not worthy of the high score it has?
  25. Dec 26, 2012
    This game has you emotionally engaged on a level similar to the Walking Dead series, if not even more so because of the length of it. (It's shorter so the 'big' events happen more regularly than in the tv series). The last time a game has had me so emotionally captured was Final Fantasy 10.
  26. Apr 14, 2013
    Wow. Wow. Wow. WOW. WOW. Just...wow.

Wow. Wow. Wow. WOW. WOW. Just...wow.

You have to understand what you're in for--this is an interactive movie, not a game. But it is the most emotionally compelling story I have ever experienced. Hands down. I haven't cried in six years and this game changed that. I have never exploded in anger at a fictional person. This game changed that. I have never bitten my tongue in shock. This game changed that.

Instantly one of the greatest games I have ever played.
  27. Dec 11, 2012
    Video games are art, or are they? This is a question that has been floating around the industry for years but has never truly been taken serious until this generation of gaming. In many ways it really comes down to how grounded your opinion of art is. Is art free form to you? Is it something that can only be achieved via deep principals, or is it simply anything and everything that isVideo games are art, or are they? This is a question that has been floating around the industry for years but has never truly been taken serious until this generation of gaming. In many ways it really comes down to how grounded your opinion of art is. Is art free form to you? Is it something that can only be achieved via deep principals, or is it simply anything and everything that is created as a form of expression? While I am not going to further this argument with this review, I will say this. If video games have the ability to be art simply through story telling and tapping at the spine of our emotions then Telltale Expand
  28. Jan 8, 2013
    Having finally beaten all 5 episodes, I can easily see why people would think this is a game of the year candidate. However, I had a few issues that kept it from being my GotY. Frankly, for a game that's supposed to be solely based on the decisions you make, very few decisions throughout the story actually affected the overall outcome of the story, even when they made you think that someHaving finally beaten all 5 episodes, I can easily see why people would think this is a game of the year candidate. However, I had a few issues that kept it from being my GotY. Frankly, for a game that's supposed to be solely based on the decisions you make, very few decisions throughout the story actually affected the overall outcome of the story, even when they made you think that some of the biggest choices you would have to make turned out not to even matter a bit. However the game does quite a few things well and the best thing I can relate it too is Heavy Rain. The story the game tells is a wonderful one and, even for people who aren't into the Walking Dead franchise that much like I was, they will get so much out of this game. I really felt for the characters and some of the decisions they had to make. Losing any of the characters, even some of the smaller ones, affected me greatly. I haven't felt this emotional about a game in a long time and that speaks volumes to me. This game has made me want to get into the entire franchise now and, even with that tiny issue I said before, this is easily one of the best games I've played in a long time. However, don't expect to do much going into it because this game is basically here to tell a story and that's it. If you can get over that, then you'll love this game to death. I wouldn't call it my GotY, but it's easily in the top 5 this year and it's something I'll be really keeping an eye on when season 2 rolls around. Expand
  29. Jun 19, 2013
    The story and wrting is absolutely amazing. It triggers such emotional responses and is never dull or lackluster. The Characters, while rather normal people, grow on you. While you don't really care for them at first, they grow on you rather fast and you become very attached to them (in most cases at least). It really hurts to see them leave the group or even get killed.

This game is

This game is one of the best games I ever played, definitely in my top 3, and has the best narration of any game I have ever played. I will definitely buy season 2, I can hardly wait until the first episode is released!!
  30. Jan 28, 2013
    Anyone who doesn't view Telltale's The Walking Dead as a masterpiece doesn't have a good taste in games. After a frustrating experience with AMC's The Walking Dead television adaptation, I was surprised to see that Telltale was able to capture the gruesome dark horror of Kirkman's comic, with some amazing new characters and stories. A must play.
  31. Jan 11, 2013
    this game was awesome. for all the people complaining about how restrictive decisions are dont get on how big of a universe they would have to span up and just how much work that would be. someone would have to pay for it so it still stays cool. i believe the guys did an awesome job. in the end it was about storytelling that can be influenced. i am just not sure what i want continued forthis game was awesome. for all the people complaining about how restrictive decisions are dont get on how big of a universe they would have to span up and just how much work that would be. someone would have to pay for it so it still stays cool. i believe the guys did an awesome job. in the end it was about storytelling that can be influenced. i am just not sure what i want continued for season 2 really. the ending is hard, but its also a good one, something they could just leave be and pick off somewhere else even though i die wanting to know how it continues, but thats just like in the better stories to leave some space for imagination Expand
  32. Jun 14, 2013
    What an incredible game! Really worthy of The Walking Dead`s title.
    If you know TWD, you sure as hell also know that everybody dies, but what matters is what you do before you get taken out. The game shows that splendidly, you may know that those characters won`t probably last long, but you get to care for them and their deaths (excluding a couple of them) are really felt.
    Incredible history.
  33. Jan 4, 2013
    You know what? I don't care for many of the flaws that plague this game. All those little annoyances are nothing, nothing to detract you from this master of story driven games. Obviously, video games are not exactly high regarded when it comes to the storyline and yet This game has some of the best set of narrative, characters, and dialog you can find in the industry. But is it a game,You know what? I don't care for many of the flaws that plague this game. All those little annoyances are nothing, nothing to detract you from this master of story driven games. Obviously, video games are not exactly high regarded when it comes to the storyline and yet This game has some of the best set of narrative, characters, and dialog you can find in the industry. But is it a game, really? I see it as more of an experience. An interactive tv series, if you will. Gameplay elements are rather thin in this game, like in most point and click adventure games. The chocies you make are difficult, and even if they don't have too much effect on the outcome of the story(from what we have seen at the end of the 5 chapters), they still change characters behavior and dialog along the way. But it doesn't matter at all, in my opinion. The choices you make still dictate how you will feel at the end of the game. Have I done the right thing here? could I have saved this person if I did that? if you are making choices without caring too much because it's "just a game", then your experience will be the same. The characters are outstanding, through voice acting and choices they make, this is as far as you can get from the "black and white" storyline that's found in most videogames these days. If you invest yourself into the narrative and characters, and really think about what's the right thing to do(in your eyes), you could find yourself drawn into one of the best games of the year, or interactive movies, or however you wanna call it. It really doesn't matter one bit. Expand
  34. Mar 16, 2013
    The game excels in the character development that overshadows almost every game in the industry now. The gameplay is not complicated or hard, so it SHOULD lose points for lacking in that department, but the writing is so far beyond what we have that it deserves a 10/10.

I bought it once it won game of the year, and it deserved the win. Writing is so important now. The gaming industry is getting larger and its audience more mature. We need games that immerse us, not just entertain us. I love movies and some games need to be a medium to tell a story. If I just want gameplay I'll go play my vast arcade game library (fez, shootmania, dota 2, etc).
  35. Apr 19, 2013
    That's the difference of "games of truth" to the "games" that we see today Loved every minute of this game and it really reminds me of the golden age of gaming in 1994 onwards with point click games like The Dig and the famous Monkey Island. Bought without fear and do not regret a penny. simply fantastic
  36. Mar 2, 2013
    This is my favorite game of 2012 and imo the best adventure game of its class to be released this century if not ever. The story and pacing were both superb and I am anticipating a sequel. The fact it came out at a time when entertainment is over-saturated with zombie media makes it all the more surprising that I became so invested in it. I couldn't have asked for anything more.
  37. May 13, 2013
    Telltale truly made a masterpiece. I've owned this game since it's release on steam however, I never bothered posting until now since I don't use Metacritc often. I've always been a fan of the Walking Dead world with the comics, books, shows, and with this games as well.

As a warning to those who are looking to buy this game: This game is not your average zombie shooter/hack & slash or what have you. This is essentially an interactive novel/TV show broken down into 5 episodes with the beginning of each episode having a "previously on the Walking Dead" showing your actions and choices from the previous episode. You must enjoy a good story in order to enjoy this game. If you buy it thinking it's a zombie shooter and you're going to run around hacking zombies you're going to be disappointed; Which is what I assume most people who gave it a negative review assumed after reading their reviews.

However, if you do enjoy a good story you're going to enjoy if not love this game and shed a tear like I did at the end and eagerly await season 2 this fall like I am.
  38. Dec 31, 2012
    After hearing about this game for a few weeks and playing the demo, I finally decided to buy it off Steam after Episode 2 had been released, and I never regretted the purchase for a second. First of all, the story, it follows a man called Lee Everett as he gets tossed into the world filled with the undead, and meets up with Clementine, a little girl who was at home with a babysitter whenAfter hearing about this game for a few weeks and playing the demo, I finally decided to buy it off Steam after Episode 2 had been released, and I never regretted the purchase for a second. First of all, the story, it follows a man called Lee Everett as he gets tossed into the world filled with the undead, and meets up with Clementine, a little girl who was at home with a babysitter when the dead started walking the streets. What follows is five fantastic Episodes with lots of different characters, since I don't want to give anything away I won't say any more than this. The gameplay is based around a few different mechanics such as occasionally moving around and clicking on objects, quick time events, dialogue and shooting scenes once in a while. This limits the player interaction with the game to allow a higher focus on story, the one issue I had with the gameplay was the movement, as it seemed a little difficult to get used to at first, but after an hour or two of playing it starts to feel better. The dialogue choices add a lot more repeatability to the Episodes, as anything you say can have an effect on the story and how characters interact with you. The art style is sort of like a Graphic Novel, kind of like Borderlands. I feel this is a nice change because it allows the environments to be more colourful or very dull if the situation requires it, this makes it look very unique as not many games share this same kind of art style. Overall, the game is fantastic, by far the best game I have played in a long time, never mind this year, and due to the Episode structure of the game it allowed for more suspense to build up, I had a lot of fun talking to people about what we thought would happen in the next Episode of the game, much like we would on the Walking Dead TV show. If you really enjoy a good story, look no further than this game, you will LOVE IT. Expand
  39. Jan 13, 2013
    Admittedly I am not big fan of point and click adventure but this game made me a fan. From the graphics that was taking from the Walking Dead comics by Robert Kirkman, to the characters with seamless emotional complicated depth and the story, which gives great sense of desolation, despair as well as the will of the human spirit, hope, friendship, with many twists and shocks all round. ItAdmittedly I am not big fan of point and click adventure but this game made me a fan. From the graphics that was taking from the Walking Dead comics by Robert Kirkman, to the characters with seamless emotional complicated depth and the story, which gives great sense of desolation, despair as well as the will of the human spirit, hope, friendship, with many twists and shocks all round. It makes you feel that you are in a post apocalyptic world, this game is a triumph and worth checking it. Expand
  40. Dec 30, 2012
    A sad story bundled with brilliant gameplay. Don't believe the ones who criticize this great game. It is based on the Walking Dead Comic series, which the TV series is based off of. The choices you make effect the game. You can't always be a saint, and have to make very tough decisions. It's art that is a video game, and it'll manage to make even the hardest of stones, cry.
  41. Jan 27, 2013
    I haven't played all of this series yet, but so far it has been absolutely amazing. I'm doing a 'LetsPlay' of it and I even have fun while editing it.
  42. Dec 12, 2012
    The Walking Dead, a game like few others, he has earned the award by Goty have a great story and emotional burden. A story like very few well-founded, by spending hours playing ... I call it a game unreal real, its graphics, which logically is not known for that because it is based on the comic, not in the series, but also has its points. The sound, sound effects and voices are goodThe Walking Dead, a game like few others, he has earned the award by Goty have a great story and emotional burden. A story like very few well-founded, by spending hours playing ... I call it a game unreal real, its graphics, which logically is not known for that because it is based on the comic, not in the series, but also has its points. The sound, sound effects and voices are good quality, gameplay ... highlights everything. Expand
  43. Jan 19, 2013
    This game... Wait, i can't call this just "game". Is Art, like a Dear Esther for example. New technology and high resolution graphics loses with good story. I had tears in my eyes on 2 moments in this game - end of 2 ep. and end of ep. 5. Story in this game makes it special, and it don't need any special effects, or innovacion in control. When I start playing it, i couldn't stop... Is Art,This game... Wait, i can't call this just "game". Is Art, like a Dear Esther for example. New technology and high resolution graphics loses with good story. I had tears in my eyes on 2 moments in this game - end of 2 ep. and end of ep. 5. Story in this game makes it special, and it don't need any special effects, or innovacion in control. When I start playing it, i couldn't stop... Is Art, that's more than just game. Sorry for bad English, I'm Pole.. Expand
  44. Dec 27, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is definitely one of the best adventures/action games I've played in a long time! The story is awesome and the atmosphere makes you sit at the edge of your chair! Great adaptation of the Walking Dead comic and very nice gameplay. I suggest playing with all guides on though cause playing without them seems like too much pixel hunting. I strongly suggest this game to everyone who wants to witness a good horror story ! Expand
  45. Dec 23, 2012
    In a world filled with zombie games that rely on hordes of zombies, and "survival" elements, The Walking Dead was a welcome change of pace. I'll admit, I was wary going in, because I hadn't heard a thing about it except from friends. On top of that, I had no idea if it would stay good throughout all five episodes. But that's exactly what Telltale Games did. They made a work of art insteadIn a world filled with zombie games that rely on hordes of zombies, and "survival" elements, The Walking Dead was a welcome change of pace. I'll admit, I was wary going in, because I hadn't heard a thing about it except from friends. On top of that, I had no idea if it would stay good throughout all five episodes. But that's exactly what Telltale Games did. They made a work of art instead of a video game. The comic book art style was absolutely fantastic, the voice acting was top notch, and the story was...well I'll be damned if it wasn't one of the best video game stories I've ever encountered. Don't go into the Walking Dead expecting a lot of combat, or a fast pace. It's a very slow building game, but that's what makes it fantastic. It actually takes the time to develop the characters, actually make you like them or hate them. That's what makes some of the deaths really...tragic. But there are some combat sections, and they're simple and quite fun. This isn't just your average zombie apocalypse game. This is truly a masterpiece. I just hope Season Two can reach the ridiculously high bar that Season One has set. Expand
  46. Dec 25, 2012
    It's the best game i've ever played! its worth game of the year awesome story! Awesome graphics/game i really enjoyed every second i played the game! Best game EVER!!

Nice work telltale! I hope season 2 coming soon :/
  47. Dec 30, 2012
    Fantastic game. One of the best i ever played. Its so immersive that we become Lee, always trying to save Clementine. The Finale is great and rational. I cant see a sequel to this game. Its perfect the way it is since the beginning to the end closing superbly. A must have!
  48. Apr 13, 2013
    Probably the best game I've ever played. The story is so emotionally gripping that you may just find yourself experiencing multiple intense emotions which you never thought you could experience in a video game. The gameplay (Point-and-Click) fits the game PERFECTLY and it adds a sense of urgency in those frantic moments, the puzzles are subtle (they fit the story well, there are no puzzlesProbably the best game I've ever played. The story is so emotionally gripping that you may just find yourself experiencing multiple intense emotions which you never thought you could experience in a video game. The gameplay (Point-and-Click) fits the game PERFECTLY and it adds a sense of urgency in those frantic moments, the puzzles are subtle (they fit the story well, there are no puzzles thrown in just for the sake of it) and fun to solve, the "combat" is brilliant, there is not a single aspect of the gameplay that I can criticise! The story is AMAZING. Best story I've experienced in a game, TV show or otherwise EVER. The story constantly shocks you with the grittiness of the world, every twist and turn the story takes feels natural (no sudden plot twists that come out of nowhere) The danger feels REAL. You really develop powerful relationships with all the characters, every decision you make has an impact. Episode 2 in particular is great in this aspect. The immersion is mind-blowingly brilliant! You'd never expect this from a third person Point-and-Click adventure, but TWD delivers. You really start to think strategically as if you were in he world itself! For example you may find yourself thinking "I shouldn't shoot this Walker, the noise will attract more. I better think of another way to do it.". This game is genuinely scary because of this! This is a brilliant game people, BUY IT! YOU WONT REGRET IT! Expand
  49. Dec 14, 2012
    Best Game I Ever Played... Characters Were Awesome, Story was Heart-Touching Overall The Game is an Art - A Beautiful Art
  50. Dec 24, 2012
    I am truly flabbergasted. lost for words. this game is everything that I've wanted for the longest time..I cant tell you for how long I've crazed an intellectually stimulating horror/mystery game that taps into the darkest corners of human nature...this game is beautifully done..there are times when you literally want to just pause and appreciate for just a moment longer how beautiful theI am truly flabbergasted. lost for words. this game is everything that I've wanted for the longest time..I cant tell you for how long I've crazed an intellectually stimulating horror/mystery game that taps into the darkest corners of human nature...this game is beautifully done..there are times when you literally want to just pause and appreciate for just a moment longer how beautiful the art styles are...the lighting director did a fantastic job at creating dramatic effect...

this game is NOT superficially dramatic...i cant emphasis it enough there are very few things in life that are able to make you truly feel empathy..to truly suspend reality and become thoroughly engrossed in a story line is something that is getting harder and harder to do...this game is able to do that and so much more..

please for the sake of expanding your own intellectual horizons BUY THIS GAME.

51. Mar 1, 2013
    This game has gotten many people invested in the characters and setting on an emotional level. It's just worth it, not for the gameplay, but for story and characters.
  52. Mar 5, 2013
    An Amazing game! I'm not really into this kind of adventure games but the story was exceptional. Very immersive with a lot of spins and unforeseeable twists
  53. Jan 2, 2013
    I believe this game is fantastic, and I have many reasons to support this. In this game you make choices, these choices have an outcome on the game itself, as the slogan of the game is "this game is tailored by the way you play." Some people are criticizing this game for having a "illusion of choice." This is partially true as some of the choices in the game have the same outcome eitherI believe this game is fantastic, and I have many reasons to support this. In this game you make choices, these choices have an outcome on the game itself, as the slogan of the game is "this game is tailored by the way you play." Some people are criticizing this game for having a "illusion of choice." This is partially true as some of the choices in the game have the same outcome either way. However, the majority of the choices have different outcomes. The storyline is the best game story I have had the pleasure of playing in a long time. If you are thinking about playing this game you really need to follow the story well to get the best out of it. The game lasts for about 12 hours on average, a pretty decent amount of playtime. You will probably replay it to make different choices to the ones you made before. People are criticizing this game due to it's graphics, when they should not. The game takes on a cartoony art style, as it should. Many people would nowadays just class a cartoony art style as "bad graphics." Please do not listen to the negative reviews here, especially ones about the graphics. I thoroughly enjoyed this game and frankly cannot wait until February when they release The Walking Dead Season 2. Excellent title, my game of 2012. Expand
  54. Jul 13, 2013
    Don’t mince words: The Walking Dead: The Game is something special. By giving players the option to craft relationships and make choices that fill out the story, The Walking Dead wraps you up in its events and makes you care in a way few video games can. Yes, there are moments where Lee’s animations look jerky and technical issues remind you this is just a game, but the story is what’sDon’t mince words: The Walking Dead: The Game is something special. By giving players the option to craft relationships and make choices that fill out the story, The Walking Dead wraps you up in its events and makes you care in a way few video games can. Yes, there are moments where Lee’s animations look jerky and technical issues remind you this is just a game, but the story is what’s driving the action here, and it’s a tale no one should miss. Expand
  55. Dec 20, 2012
    As long as you are the sort of person intelligent enough to realize that First and third person action games are not the only form of video game, this will become your favorite game of all time. Perhaps best described as an interactive story, Telltale's The Walking Dead became the masterpiece of a story so many of us know it for because its ability to make you feel empathy for itsAs long as you are the sort of person intelligent enough to realize that First and third person action games are not the only form of video game, this will become your favorite game of all time. Perhaps best described as an interactive story, Telltale's The Walking Dead became the masterpiece of a story so many of us know it for because its ability to make you feel empathy for its characters. Every character of the Walking Dead feels and responds like a real person. When a character dies, as they often will, you feel like **** Every death in that game is a terrible thing that will tear at your soul. Why play it then? For Clementine. For that one last precious thing you're fighting for. You play as Lee Everett, and once upon a time, you killed a man. The apocalypse seems almost too good to be true, at first - a second chance to for yourself. But as the story progresses it becomes more and more obvious that what's important isn't fighting for your own survival, but fighting for the survival of the people you come to care about so deeply as the story progresses. Expand
  56. Dec 25, 2012
    The story telling ability displayed by tattletale games is nothing short of incredible, the player almost instantly cares for the characters. If more games like this existed the book industry would be in trouble.
  57. Dec 27, 2012
    Wow. Just... Wow.

Wow. Just... Wow.

The Walking Dead is one of Telltales most amazing games, the second that first loading screen finished I was hooked, the emotional ties you make with the characters, from beginning to end you will make decisions that will affect you and have you tearing up a bit, the environments, characters, the story, the music, all of it. PERFECT. I would recommend this game to anyone who likes a story that will have you on the edge of your seat from beginning to end.

10/10 for me, I will certainly give this another run through.
  58. Dec 27, 2012
    An unexpected tour de force. It's like a classic Goosebumps Create-Your-Own-Adventure in real-time, with beautiful animation and facial expressions and an incredible plot to boot.
  59. Dec 28, 2012
    Having originally purchased the game without doing much research, I was surprised to find that it was an adventure game that takes place predominantly through cinematics or scripted conversations. Normally this would disappoint, but the story and depth of character is so strong in this game that it is absolutely my game of the year and an experience I will remember for the rest of my life.Having originally purchased the game without doing much research, I was surprised to find that it was an adventure game that takes place predominantly through cinematics or scripted conversations. Normally this would disappoint, but the story and depth of character is so strong in this game that it is absolutely my game of the year and an experience I will remember for the rest of my life.

As a 25 yr old male, I could hardly believe the moment that I burst into tears in the final act. It is as moving as any film and more engaging than any game that has come before it. You do not just feel the decisions that Lee makes as the protagonist, you feel as though you are standing in his shoes, and every decision you make is helping shape your journey through the zombie infested streets. If you buy one game in the next 5 years, I would suggest this one be near the top of your list of considerations.
  60. Jan 5, 2013
    This is one of the best games I have ever played. The installment model of distribution bothered me at first as I wanted to continue on with the story. In the end however, this actually built excitement for the game because the tale was so excellent. Even for those who are not into horror or apocalypse themes,I would recommend this game. The zombies are simply obstacles that are part ofThis is one of the best games I have ever played. The installment model of distribution bothered me at first as I wanted to continue on with the story. In the end however, this actually built excitement for the game because the tale was so excellent. Even for those who are not into horror or apocalypse themes,I would recommend this game. The zombies are simply obstacles that are part of the larger story which revolves around the people in the game. I won't leave any details (spoilers) but I think most players who enjoy a story driven approach will love this game. The themes explored are adult- redemption, loss, suffering and how people might behave when everything they have ever known comes to an end. Expand
  61. Jan 4, 2013
    I have been playing computer and video games for the last 25+ years. In all that time, I have never once had a game illicit a serious emotional response, but this game did thrice: anger when I found what a stranger had done, frustration when I found someone in our party had lied, and regret when I realized I had to let a friend down. And this is the spoiler-free version of the review.I have been playing computer and video games for the last 25+ years. In all that time, I have never once had a game illicit a serious emotional response, but this game did thrice: anger when I found what a stranger had done, frustration when I found someone in our party had lied, and regret when I realized I had to let a friend down. And this is the spoiler-free version of the review. After playing this game, you'll no longer wonder why Hollywood is losing out to the video games industry. These are stories *worth* telling. Expand
  62. Jan 8, 2013
    It's an awesome game with nice graphic and a exceptional sound, prooving this in every second when you play it.But the best part is the amazing story.
    This game give a new face to point and click games.
  63. Jun 1, 2014
    With the power of an emotionally gripping storyline along with perfected voice acting and character creation, The Walking Dead game delivers exactly what it promises. The game is filled with plenty of choices, heart-wrenching moments, and thrilling events that will make you want to continue playing. Equipped with a showcase of cinematic happenings, The Walking Dead puts the power ofWith the power of an emotionally gripping storyline along with perfected voice acting and character creation, The Walking Dead game delivers exactly what it promises. The game is filled with plenty of choices, heart-wrenching moments, and thrilling events that will make you want to continue playing. Equipped with a showcase of cinematic happenings, The Walking Dead puts the power of ultimate sacrifice and decisiveness in your hands. A world that has been overrun with undead savages leaves you with nothing else to do but fight for those you love... and yourself. Expand
  64. Jan 17, 2013
    Последнюю игру студии должны увидеть все фанаты одноименногоПоследнюю игру студии должны увидеть все фанаты одноименного комикса и сериала, ее по достоинству оценят и просто любители хороших квестов с глубоким драматичным сюжетом, с красочными персонажами и богатым выбором развития событий. Она как кино: только в этом кино мы сами исполняем роль сценаристов, режиссеров и главных героев. Наблюдаем за историей со стороны и изнутри. Окунаемся просто в непередаваемые впечатления от редкого примера потрясающего квеста и хищно крутимся поодаль, ожидая очередной кровавой развязки. Expand
  65. Jan 23, 2013
    Beautiful, spectacular, emotional a few of the words to describe this outstanding game. In my 13 hours of experiencing this game, this masterpiece, i was amazed at the dialogue choices, varied environments, game play, and story. way worth the price and time, buy it buy it now.
  66. Feb 4, 2013
    This game has been getting g some very high scores and numerous accolades, I can safely say that the game fully deserves these. The game is not buggy at all on PC and I encountered no glitches on any of the 5 episodes. The characters and story and some of the best in all of video games and as one and there are so many twists and turns you can't help but be engrossed. The only real problemThis game has been getting g some very high scores and numerous accolades, I can safely say that the game fully deserves these. The game is not buggy at all on PC and I encountered no glitches on any of the 5 episodes. The characters and story and some of the best in all of video games and as one and there are so many twists and turns you can't help but be engrossed. The only real problem you may have is that the walking dead is more of a collection of 5 interactive movies than games as the focus is on story and characters rather than gameplay, but I personally have no problem with this as it makes it feel very unique and allows the story to be the priority. Overall unless you want to endlessly shoot zombies or solve puzzles like in telltales other adventure games I recommend everyone to give this game a shot. Expand
  67. Jun 5, 2013
    Fantastic game with a great story. If you are not interested in story then this is not the game for you. This game gets you very attached with characters and makes you really think about each decision you make and the implications. Seeing certain characters die can really have an emotional impact. For Season 2, I would hope the player decision's have more outcomes. Right now, theFantastic game with a great story. If you are not interested in story then this is not the game for you. This game gets you very attached with characters and makes you really think about each decision you make and the implications. Seeing certain characters die can really have an emotional impact. For Season 2, I would hope the player decision's have more outcomes. Right now, the story will progress relatively the same way despite your decisions and I would hope Telltale adds different endings and changes in the plot-line based on the player's choices. Expand
  68. Feb 15, 2013
    Sure, its quite hard to be called a game itself but it certainly is a game. Maybe even the best game in that genre. The graphics are totally fine, the characters are awesome, so is the story.
    As long as you don't expect a game like all those zombie shooters etc. you will get an entertainment for cold, rainy evenings that's worth every cent. Also: play it with your girlfriend or boyfriend whatever better "movie" than most TV-trash.
  69. Feb 16, 2013
    The Walking Dead has some of the best storytelling in video games and also characters you actually cared about and became emotionally attached. Definitely the best game of 2012, 10/10
  70. Feb 26, 2013
    This game is truly EPIC... You have to choose who lives and who dies, its so intense, yet so exciting! I'm glad this game has got such great accolades from everywhere, because that's what it deserves! The story, the zombies, the characters, the animation and the graphics were just brilliant! I can't wait for Season 2...

So I would recommend this game, 'cause once you play, you won't

So I would recommend this game, 'cause once you play, you won't want to leave the game! It's that Awesome..!!
  71. Apr 14, 2013
    Seldom is a game released now where you actually care about what happens to the characters. This game so surpasses the television show, it's astonishing. It's the first game, and I'm not afraid to admit it, that made me tear up. The writing is that good. I actually emailed the writer and got a response back, it was very nice to see the creators/writers respond to fans (maybe because itSeldom is a game released now where you actually care about what happens to the characters. This game so surpasses the television show, it's astonishing. It's the first game, and I'm not afraid to admit it, that made me tear up. The writing is that good. I actually emailed the writer and got a response back, it was very nice to see the creators/writers respond to fans (maybe because it was positive feedback) but still I was extremely moved by this story. I found the game play to be very tense at times, akin to that of Heavy Rain (another amazing game, amazing story). The graphics are fine, people are upset because they want the Crysis 3 or Battlefield whatever with every game nowadays. I look for a story where I can come away with something meaningful and memorable. Sure, how the game plays is important but if you're looking for a game without a lot of dialogue and with fast action, Michael Bay-esc movie then don't spend your money on something like this. But if you want a story, this is a great game and it can become quite tense at times. Expand
  72. May 26, 2013
    The best game I have ever played in the last year and 2013 so far in terms of story. I really can't wait for Season2 which is aimed at fall this year.

The ending is so sad, if you played all Episodes without stopping in between and you get to the ends you will probably cry or feel upset for the next few hours after you finished the game, this is how the story will capture your emotion. well done designers.
  73. Mar 15, 2013
    One of the best games I have ever played, if not the best. This game provides a GREAT storyline. I don't normally feel too much emotion when playing a game, but when I play this, I truly feel for what the characters are going through. I would especially recommend this for fans of the comic book and show.
  74. Mar 8, 2013
    This is more than just simply click and point game, this game is pure art of story telling, definitly must play for every casual and hardcore gamer who´s into zombies
  75. Mar 10, 2013
    This game will surprise you, no matter what prior conceptions you walk into it with. It's the only game that has genuinely brought me to tears. It's not a zombie game in the traditional sense, more it is a game about people. It has genuinely great storytelling, expertly using the zombie theme as a driving force in the story, avoiding the trap of bogging down in the details. What comes fromThis game will surprise you, no matter what prior conceptions you walk into it with. It's the only game that has genuinely brought me to tears. It's not a zombie game in the traditional sense, more it is a game about people. It has genuinely great storytelling, expertly using the zombie theme as a driving force in the story, avoiding the trap of bogging down in the details. What comes from this is a story that is wonderfully human, and that makes it beautifully endearing. I have recommended that everyone I know play this game, simply because I know not a single person would regret meeting the characters, and getting involved with them

I wouldn't give many games 10/10, but I really can't give this anything but. It's a masterpiece.
  76. Apr 26, 2013
    One of the reasons i created this account was to share my impressions regarding this PC adventure i have experienced. This game simply left me broken on the inside, in a way very few pieces of art/entertainment have managed to. Probably the book Sputnik Sweetheart by Murakami and the movie Requiem for a Dream by Darren Aronofsky are the only ones who had the same effect.
    First of all,
    First of all, this game is NOT for children. Secondly, it is not for hypersensitives. The reason? The huge quantity of feelings it triggers. The characters are so amazingly written and so believable that u'll end up loving most of them and hating the rest. The problem is that this is a game about death. In all forms and flavours. Most of these characters die, usually in more than gruesome manners, and you are generally left to feel helpless and contemplate the frailty that is life. This is a game which depicts the entire range of human dark emotions, with flawless accuracy and a really punishing tone.
    The entire game is so emotionally overwhelming that you might have problems getting to the end of it. I have more than once regretted starting it and almost quit the adventure 3 times. The next moment however, i was craving for more, ending up asking myself whether i might actually be a masochist. And that's this game in a nutshell a rollercoaster inside a world where u will be challenged to survive, only to realise that you are outmatched no matter what you do, no matter your skills or your thought processes. Sure, u might end up saving a person here and there, but it is only temporary. In fact, the game sadistically exploits these relationships, allowing you to develop feelings towards the characters u saved only to see them crushed further down the road, when a previously avoidable human sacrifice becomes necessary in order to progress Throughout the entire game i felt like death is all around me, and it takes quite some skill to be able to offer this perspective in a stimulating and often philosophical manner.
    It is hard to give a score in a "traditional-looking" manner for a game like this. The gameplay is ok, especially for those who enjoy timed events and point-and-click adventures like Indigo Prophecy or Heavy Rain. What makes scoregiving hardest is the fact this game will rarely. if ever, make you feel "good" about yourself. You are an anti-hero, you don't save worlds, there is nothing awesome about you. Many moments will definitely make you cry. But that is what the game set out to do from the beginning, this is its plan, to beat the comfortable numbness of the traditional gamer. And in that department, it succeeds masterfully, probably better than all the games i've played in the last decade.
    Definitely not for the faint of heart, but a must play for those who want to experience a great story that will brutally remind you the importance, and limits, of being and staying alive....
  77. Dec 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am writing this just after completing S2 E1:All that Remains

I played Season One All 5 Episodes as Lee helping Clem 400 Days DLC(Optional)
    and Now Season 2 Episode 1 as Clementine.this game .just got whole lot better

Climax of Season 1 Episode 5 makes everyone cry..Its emotional and pinnacle of the game

I love the choice driven theme which makes us want to come back for more
    and the Episodic Play of TellTale games which keeps us waiting and wanting

Its no wonder why It won 80+ Game of the Year Awards
    This game is for everyone..even if you are not a gamer donot like games
    I have been playing games since I am a kid and I tell you this is different

*MOre Spoilers*
    Everyone loves the main characters Clem & Lee
    After Lee dies, CLem is on her own

Each Episode average 2 hour gameplay and its cross platform(iOS too)
    You can use save files across and play anywhere
    All Episodes & Seasons Linked

Just play this game and you would not regret
  78. Mar 18, 2013
    This is the only (as far as I know) a game about zombies, where the meaning of the game is not based on action movie (Left4Dead) and not on the horror (Dead Island), namely, the character of the people, their emotions, actions, etc.
  79. Mar 18, 2013
    Absolutely stunning, first game with an ending that made me cry, ever! The way the game captures the emotion is flawless and is filled with accurate AI, the ability to make your own choices, and plenty of friends (and enemies) to make. Must Get 10 out of 10
  80. Mar 20, 2013
    I only picked up this game in a steam sale as im a fan of the series, I was expecting the usual crappy excuse of a game trying to make a quick buck. How wrong was I! I was addicted from start to finish. It's a different style of game which is completely story driven, it makes you feel like the decisions you make matter and immerses you into the experience! A must buy for any Walking Dead Fan!
  81. Apr 27, 2013
    Best point and click game I have ever played. Characters are all interesting, except some of them that are just a pain in the ass which I'm glad are killed in spectacular fashion, voice acting is excellent, and it has plenty of moments that will make you cry. For $15, this game is a must must must buy. Can't wait for the next season.
  82. Mar 23, 2013
    It's very rare that a game combines an interactive side to a solid story. This is game is so much more than a quick-time marathon. The controls are tasteful and un-repetitive, the characters are fantastically well constructed and the whole experience is refreshing. Refreshing in a blood and death sort of way.
  83. Mar 24, 2013
    Incredible story, unique gameplay and unforgettable moments abound make this game one of the best I have played in my life. Some may complain about the limited interactions of the user, but I found myself being captivated by a game that imitates life in horrible situations. I find that the people who dislike this game primarily complain about the "lack of action" in the game or theIncredible story, unique gameplay and unforgettable moments abound make this game one of the best I have played in my life. Some may complain about the limited interactions of the user, but I found myself being captivated by a game that imitates life in horrible situations. I find that the people who dislike this game primarily complain about the "lack of action" in the game or the somewhat iffy past that Telltale Games carries but its best played with the open mind of it being an interactive story. I haven't personally met a sinlge person who played all the way through the game and didn't love it. Its not a shooter game by any means. It does not test how many headshots you can get or how accurate your fighting is, nor does challenge your puzzle solving skills like so many other revered games. Rather, it challenges moral choices when you are responisble for the hungry, angry and scared people around you.
    This game is not about fighting zombies nor is it even entirely about surviving from them, it is humanity continuing when life as we know it comes to an end. The characters in this game not only aid or hinder your chances at survival, but they represent the best and the worst in people when everything falls apart around them. They are so unique, so tangible and so real that I became emotionally devastated should any of my choices -or the fate of the game itself- hurt them. I could go on forever about the characters alone, but I can sum it up as being almost painfully real to witness the gravity of the apocalypse on each character and how they handle it individually. Even better, the game gives the player the options to be as human as possible as well by giving a variety of options for each situation, transforming them from brave leaders to panicked individuals or even viscious antagonists should one choose to be.
  84. Aug 1, 2013
    This game might not seem enjoyable at a glance, But if you pick it up you will be amazed. Every choice you make will have far reaching consequences. From taking supplies to trying to save a life. Each choice you make will change the story completely. The game does get emotional at times. The end will make you cry just as I have, But Telltale Games immerses you in a great world that hasThis game might not seem enjoyable at a glance, But if you pick it up you will be amazed. Every choice you make will have far reaching consequences. From taking supplies to trying to save a life. Each choice you make will change the story completely. The game does get emotional at times. The end will make you cry just as I have, But Telltale Games immerses you in a great world that has many more stories to tell. And Lee's story will never be exactly the same for another player. Expand
  85. Apr 6, 2013
    This is probably the best game i have played in 2012 and 2013.
    The characters are just average people who are trying to survive in a zombie apocalypse.
    While the gameplay is terrible (puzzles don't go further than: use screwdriver on screw) it isn't really the part of this game you're here for. You're here for the story, the interactions you have with the other characters are amazing (a
    This is probably the best game i have played in 2012 and 2013.
    You're here for the story, the interactions you have with the other characters are amazing (a few times when a character i liked died, not a spoiler by the way, i started tearing up.) and the game asks you to make split second decisions which sometimes have a big impact on the rest of the story.
    The game remembers what choices you have made in the past and changes the dialogue accordingly.
    I recommend the walking dead to everyone who can excuse lacking gameplay for great characters.
  86. Apr 11, 2013
    The Walking Dead is an amazing and emotional experience. It has unique visuals and a great if not outstanding narrative. You can tell (no pun intended) that Telltale Games did a great job at making you develop feelings towards the characters in the game. Playing the game, there were difficult choices to make as you do not know if it would effect the story or not, which I applaud because IThe Walking Dead is an amazing and emotional experience. It has unique visuals and a great if not outstanding narrative. You can tell (no pun intended) that Telltale Games did a great job at making you develop feelings towards the characters in the game. Playing the game, there were difficult choices to make as you do not know if it would effect the story or not, which I applaud because I had to think quick and that I would have to think before I started speaking. It was an overall intense game and I am glad that I have The Walking Dead in my collection. Do I recommend this game? Yes! buy the game or you will be missing out! Expand
  87. Apr 9, 2013
    How anyone could rate below a 6 for this game is beyond me. This game is the absolute pinnacle of story-telling and relatable characters. Save for a few graphical glitches and other things, this is single-handedly the best game I've ever played.
  88. Apr 24, 2013
    Not the best "action" game but it wasn't meant to be. Telltale set out to tell a story with great characters and choices that the player makes that can change the game dramatically. One of the best gaming experiences I have ever had
  89. May 4, 2013
    The best game of 2012. No doubt. The best characters I've seen in a videogame,it's a game of emotions, you'll love the characters. The puzzles are a very simplistic, though.
  90. May 10, 2013
    Great art style and very emotional! I cried at the end of this game and I am normally a tough person and rarely cry. I was smiling all the way through the game the same as I do with the TV show! Worth the purchase. Best GAMING EXPERIENCE EVER
  91. Jul 17, 2014
    I loved this series! It was amazing! The story was great! The game play was really slow, like walking to this thing then the next but still loved this game. The graphics could have been done A LOT better, and the swearing could just be left out. I mean swearing? If there was a 0/100 score I would just give it a 90 because the swearing and violence is unbelievable. But people have got toI loved this series! It was amazing! The story was great! The game play was really slow, like walking to this thing then the next but still loved this game. The graphics could have been done A LOT better, and the swearing could just be left out. I mean swearing? If there was a 0/100 score I would just give it a 90 because the swearing and violence is unbelievable. But people have got to understand that you DO NOT play this for the game play. You play this for the story. Just some people don't get it. And I also loved how you spread the game out, makes it so you can't beat the game in one day, or a week. Expand
  92. May 16, 2013
    One of the best games I've ever played and the only one that's nearly reduced me to tears. Totally worth the money. The story keeps you wanting more, and you begin to like the characters. I felt all the emotions possible from a video game with this.
  93. May 23, 2013
    This a game has a cruel, but a very deep feeling. While play this game, you will feel awkward and confused, but after play this game, you don't have any word for it. The game has a great, epic and horrible story and I will never forget that feeling.

Enjoy it
  94. Aug 2, 2013
    Do yourself a favor, this game is one of the best things I've ever played. Mainly focused on the extremely real characters and epic plotline, this has got to be on my top five games of all time. Please, just buy it, unless you have no food and water available, this game should be your first order of business.
  95. Jul 16, 2013
    this is simply one of the greatest games I have ever played. Telltale proves why it is the king of adventure games
    pros: Clem and Lee
    -Clem in general -some of the most memorable characters ever -you will cry at parts -very strong emotional impact (i could not play for a week over the guilt of the death of a character) -the ending is amazing -interesting and realistic puzzles and
    pros: Clem and Lee
    -Clem in general
    -some of the most memorable characters ever
    -you will cry at parts
    -the ending is amazing
    -interesting and realistic puzzles and choices
    - a choice in episode 2 will matter for the rest of the game
    - true to the show and comic it is based on
    -figuring out which characters will be friends and which will be enemies (friend for me=Kenny enemy for me=Lily and Larry)
    cons
    -the ending while beautiful made me question "what was the point of this story"
    -puzzles
    -some choices don't really affect anything
    this game rises above its flaws and deserves twice as much of the praise it has gotten which is quite alot
  96. Jun 22, 2013
    The Walking Dead is simply one of the best game ever made related to the story. Seriously, people who didn't cry at some parts have no heart. People who score this game less than 8 just don't have a clue of games and should not be allowed to rate in the first place. A big fact i also like is that your decisions really change the details of the progression.

I don't think there will be a

I don't think there will be a game that will be more emotional than this one, maybe as emotional as The Walking dead, but nothing more. Recommendation for everyone!
  97. Jul 2, 2013
    People who rate this game badly know absolutely nothing about gaming. Gaming is more than Call of Duty. Gaming is something that is to be experienced and enjoyed, using interaction to guide people through the game. This game has the best story I have ever played through. People rating this poorly will be saying that the gameplay was not as they expected or that the graphics aren'tPeople who rate this game badly know absolutely nothing about gaming. Gaming is more than Call of Duty. Gaming is something that is to be experienced and enjoyed, using interaction to guide people through the game. This game has the best story I have ever played through. People rating this poorly will be saying that the gameplay was not as they expected or that the graphics aren't Battlefield 3 like. But I'm sorry, the story telling in this game is by far and away the best in any game and therefore will hopefully lead to better storytelling within gaming, thanks to this one game. Expand
  98. Jul 2, 2013
    Generally one of the best games out there. The story has emotional impacts on you and the game later on. And the ending... may or may not have made me cried :L
  99. Jul 17, 2013
    There is only one Series that's having a better Story: Bioshock. And then comes The Walking Dead by Telltale Games. Im absolutely in love with this game. The story is sad, amazing, awesome, funny, etc... at the same time!
    The characters are absolute convincing and Clem is the best kid i've ever seen in a movie/game. Shes so cute and after several time you feel like her dad (i know its kinda weird...)
    Also the soundtrack is AWESOME, it brings in the perfect atmosphere.
    This game made me close crying sometimes
    10 out of 10 an absolutely amazing game, who dont plays it misses something big!
  100. Jul 19, 2013
    god, forget about all games this is it. I mean it. This is the real game. I feel like other games are just waste of time. May the graphics aren't good enough but it feels like you're in the comic book. Feels like you are living in it. Just Awesome!

It’s not perfect but The Walking Dead is one of the most important advances in interactive fiction for a generation, with some of the most memorable characters of any video game.
  2. Mar 15, 2013
    The Walking Dead is a serious, solid, but clay-footed work; in truth, it wouldn't stand out from the crowd if video game storytelling wasn't so impoverished to begin with.
  3. Feb 10, 2013
    A test of your moral fortitude in a world that's gone to the dogs. [March 2013, p.76]