8.4

1. Sep 7, 2012
    Once again, i have to give another The Walking Dead Episode a full 10. In my books, i've never felt a stronger connection to the wellbeing of a character than that with clementine. As for the Episode: Its absolutely amazing once again.. i can't wait for it to see how it all turns out
  2. Oct 7, 2012
    Telltale really got overboard with this episode. Really dramatic things happen here and it makes ep1 and 2 seem calm in comparison. Things will happen that will shock you especially if you've grown attached to this group of survivors. My only real complaint is about really choppy frame-rate at times, but that bug haunts all games of this series.
  3. Aug 31, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am going to be honest, this episode was pretty **** depressing and also... Annoying.
    It seems as if the purpose of this episode is to teach to never to like anything or anyone in a video game. It's like as if happy things don't exist in zombie games. Everyone just has to **** die. Emotionally attached to Carley? **** that, let her kiss you on the cheek and hint you at being a love interest AND THEN get shot in the face by Lilly! Yay!
    Emotionally attached to Duck after he acts so awesome by being your helper as a detective? Who needs him, infect him and kill him! Woo!
    Started to feel compassion for Katjaa? **** that, let her kill herself for no apparent reason (okay, I know, your son died, but you still have your husband goddammit).
    Jesus. Dark and gruesome zombie games don't have these many liked characters die.
    And what's most important is that some of your choices have no impact in the long term.
    If you save Carley or Doug, both of them die either way. If you side with Kenny or Lilly, there's nobody to be friends with by the end of Episode 3.
    If you decide to do as much as possible for characters to like you, all that's gonna happen is they're gonna die.
    That doesn't mean it's a bad game, though. It's 'fun' (when you're not smashing your table out of frustration or crying until your room is filled with salt water) and aesthetically rich. It has an environment to explore and interesting characters (except for Kenny, **** that guy).
    I think I gave the previous episodes a 9 (no 10 for having some parts of the game have terribly ugly textures that would look horrible when zoomed into during cutscenes).
    This episode gets a 8.. Remarkable job, TellTale. I like this game, but if your excuse for killing so many characters is 'it's because it's a zombie game', I **** hate zombie games from now on.
  4. Oct 24, 2012
    While people disappointed that their choices don't hold the weight they thought they did are likely right, it doesn't change the fact that personally I have never been more shocked or moved by a game than I was in episode 3. For that alone it deserves an excellent rating. Regardless of whether this is a movie or a game it's a damn good one.
  5. Sep 2, 2012
    Honestly, if this doesn't deserve an almost perfect review, then I don't know what does. The story is literally incredible. Every 5 minutes something you completely don't expect happens. Everything is right. There's so much to write about the game, but simply put... it has to be the best I've ever played. If you expect to play this episode over two, maybe three days, it's not gonna happen.Honestly, if this doesn't deserve an almost perfect review, then I don't know what does. The story is literally incredible. Every 5 minutes something you completely don't expect happens. Everything is right. There's so much to write about the game, but simply put... it has to be the best I've ever played. If you expect to play this episode over two, maybe three days, it's not gonna happen. You're going to be glued to the seat until the very end. The only thing that stopped me from giving it 10/10 is the fact that it's so short. I easily could've been playing this for 6 hours non stop. Great overall. Expand
  6. Sep 1, 2012
    Things really went crazy in this episode. As food and paranoia becomes a serious issue, the people around you that you trust are now in a situation worse than ever before. Drama, death, chaos and unthinkable things will happen. This episode builds upon the two already amazing episodes before it. It tells a story that captured me and the characters around me made it feel almost real.Things really went crazy in this episode. As food and paranoia becomes a serious issue, the people around you that you trust are now in a situation worse than ever before. Drama, death, chaos and unthinkable things will happen. This episode builds upon the two already amazing episodes before it. It tells a story that captured me and the characters around me made it feel almost real. Telltale games have a masterpiece right here and it's getting better and better by each episode Expand
  7. Sep 17, 2012
    I won't touch on what happens as I'm trying to avoid spoilers, but there were several instances which were emotionally powerful and well done. I think some of the criticism that there is no "right" choice is true enough, but misses the point. Thematically, Walking Dead is very, very dark, and I think when all is said and done, there won't be a happily ever after ending regardless of whatI won't touch on what happens as I'm trying to avoid spoilers, but there were several instances which were emotionally powerful and well done. I think some of the criticism that there is no "right" choice is true enough, but misses the point. Thematically, Walking Dead is very, very dark, and I think when all is said and done, there won't be a happily ever after ending regardless of what you chose. If only the show could be this good. Expand
  8. Sep 5, 2012
    This review contains spoilers. *SPOILER ALERT* It's a great game and although i would agree with others that this was the worst episode, it's not bad. I think it's because you are moving from Macon to Savannah, so there isn't a lot to explore. I don't really like the way they kill off Doug/Carly. I can see why they did, otherwise they would need to continue writing two scripts. The group is torn apart in this episode and some new faces arise. I would like to see a little more choices and character reactions in the next episodes. It still deserves an 8, where episode one was a 9, and episode two a 10. Collapse
  9. Koo
    Dec 29, 2012
    Oftentimes the middle episodes are the weakest, be it a TV show or an episode video game. This is not the case with The Walking Dead: Episode 3. I enjoyed this episode as much as the other 4 (I just completed episode 5, the last episode of season 1) and it stands up well on its own. Another chapter of a brilliantly well done video game. Recommended.
  10. Nov 11, 2012
    yet again telltale bring out another great episode of walking dead i was completely blown away i did not expect event of what happen in the game transpire each time i think something going to happen it does not happen way i thought it will be...

Now it ended i expect next chapter to be as good
  11. Nov 25, 2012
    Telltale earned a fan with this game. It is simply amazing, one of the best game experiences Ive ever had. Metacritic is making me write more but nothing else needs to be said.
  12. Oct 30, 2012
    The Walking Dead: Episode 3- Long Road Ahead gives you an unsettling feeling. I did have the most problems with the presentation, sometimes stopping the whole game and making me start over. The ending was not the climax I was expecting, with fast-paced start and breathtaking middle act. Episode 3 would be the best episode of the series, but has a lackluster ending and the most presentationThe Walking Dead: Episode 3- Long Road Ahead gives you an unsettling feeling. I did have the most problems with the presentation, sometimes stopping the whole game and making me start over. The ending was not the climax I was expecting, with fast-paced start and breathtaking middle act. Episode 3 would be the best episode of the series, but has a lackluster ending and the most presentation problems of the series. Expand
  13. Feb 3, 2014
    Story: 7 out of 10, Graphics: 7 out of 10, Fun: 8 out of 10, Controls: 8 out of 10, Ease to Learn: 9 out of 10, Length: 8 out of 10, Re-play: 5 out of 10, Value: 8 out of 10

I have a low re-play score on this game because when you re-play the game (which there is a strong desire to re-play this game to try other choices) the new different choices you make either 1) don't make much difference and/or 2) the way the main character and other characters act/re-act for non-mainstream choices is highly unrealistic. I really loved this game and would of given it a 9 for my over-all score, but the re-play that I was anxious to try was a real dud and took away from my original experience; thus giving the game an over-all score of 8.
  14. Sep 5, 2012

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Oct 29, 2012
    Perfect storyline, strong emotions and connection to previous episodes – adventure series of The Walking Dead grows better and better with every new part. [Oct 2012]
  2. Games Master UK
    Oct 24, 2012
    This is better - so much better - than the AMC series, and it's quickly become some of the most essential gaming of this, or indeed any other, year. [Dec 2012, p.90]
  3. Oct 24, 2012
    If you hate sadness and heartache, then Long Road Ahead is not for you. This is a journey fraught with triumphs and setbacks, often happening simultaneously. This is yet another strong episode that reinforces my opinion that The Walking Dead is one of the best games of the year!