8.9

1. Nov 21, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am disgusted, truly disgusted. The two is for the whole game. All that time waiting and making choices come to find out that no matter what you picked, no matter how many different options you try, you will get the same exact ending, as will the rest of the characters. I was pretty sure that it was a zombie action tale, but no, it is a painstakingly long drug out Soap-Opera with some zombies that spoon feeds you the story by not giving you any game play besides point and click where it tells you to. I will not be purchasing their next trap known as "Season 2" of this. I am not going to wait another ten months for something they said would be done in five months for something that tries to get you emotional but is so badly done that the only emotion I feel is to vomit all over the game for actually waiting for that. This is more proof that companies do not care about their users, just their own profit and how to maximize it. Expand
  2. Jan 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After essentially raping the player with the illusion of choice and that decisions make a different in the earlier episodes and then suddenly revealing that nothing you do makes any difference whatsoever, and then providing lackluster gameplay with horrible controls and shallow characters who you can't affect in any way, and then rushing the player through extremely scripted events and an extremely linear and disappointing story, the last thing you want to do is attempt to create a emotional and impactful ending. This "sad" ending just completely destroys the only aspect of the game I enjoyed. When the rest of the game is such garbage, the least you could provide the player is a satisfying resolution to the story in which the player feels like what they did throughout the episodes was not for naught, and in the end their efforts would actually result in something. Do not simply kill off every character and then leave the player without a proper resolution to the story. Absolutely disappointing. Not only is the story weighed down with a negative tone, but the entire series is just trash. In a nutshell, the Walking Dead game series is a complete waste of money and time. Expand
  3. Dec 2, 2012
    The ending absolutely sucked. The consequences of so called "decision making" are non existent, from what I can see. I enjoyed this "game", if that's what you want to call it, because the story was pretty entertaining and intriguing but this pathetic episode pretty much ruined the experience. What the hell?
  4. May 20, 2013
    My #1 complaint about this game that choices do not matter. No matter what you do you will get the same predictable and disappointing ending. This pretty much ruined for me what could have been an incredible game.
  5. Nov 24, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Definitely the weakest Episode, both story and gameplay wise. The whole thing felt rushed and there was hardly anything to do and decide (not that decisions would really matter, but still). And despite some good scenes it was pretty much obvious from the end of episode 4 how everything would turn out.

Maybe it's just me but I expect more to "do" when I play a computer game and if a company advertises with how much my choices would matter I also expect to be able to actually influence the course and outcome of the story. Small dialogue changes and deciding which tritagonist may survive one episode longer doesn't really count in my book.

I really wonder why they bothered making a game out of it in the first place and not just some "normal" animated TV series instead. That would've worked just great, but TWD by Telltale fails miserably as an adventure game and even more when compared to what was advertised.

Good for those who like the game, but I think it falls far behind from it's potential.
  6. Jan 17, 2013
    How the **** did this game get 9 out of 10??? I created an account just so i could comment about that like really??? 9 out of 10??? I finished the game in 4 hours (the whole game) there's obviously no real choices you can make , the graphic were nothing special (borderlands kinda rip off) , the game has no replay value whatsoever , you just point and click pretty much the whole game, theres like 2-3 shootings scenes (1 of them is showed in the trailer ) like wtf Metacritic , 9 OUT OF 10 ?????? The only thing good about this game is the voice acting, other than that its just another game taking advantages of a succeful franchise . Dont buy this game , i was tempted when i saw it as top sellers on Steam and now regret my actions. Expand

1. Jan 29, 2013
    No Time Left is Telltale's best effort to date. It has the longest heart-to-heart talk in the entire game, the most exciting action sequence featuring Lee, a hatchet and a horde of zombies, and a quiet, emotional climax.
  2. Dec 18, 2012
    The last episode of The Walking Dead is a worthy finale for a well crafted and emotional adventure game.
  3. Dec 3, 2012
    It's extraordinarily rare for a game to possess scenes of such powerful emotion, but Telltale have managed something special with The Walking Dead finale, and it'd be a tragedy to miss it.