8.9

1. Nov 21, 2012
    Episode 5, the finale... without spoiling anything, it's a satisfying conclusion, even if you think you already know what's going to happen. I'll remember this game for a very long time.
  2. Dec 5, 2012
    Probably the best zombie game I have ever played. When I first looked into this game, I thought it would be some shooter resident-evil wannabe, then I found out it was a graphic adventure with lots of action on it, which is really original and cool. But what I liked the most was the story, so epic and inmersive, really at the level of the TV series and more touchy. The flawless voice acting helps a lot.

The other strong point in the game is the dialogue choice options. Everything you say almost always have some kind of impact in the story, from gaining influence over some pal of your group, to trigger a whole situation that may save your life or kill you. In fact, the difficulty of the game is not killing the zombies, but preventing your group to split or fall into hysteria.

The only thing that could be better, are the puzzles. For a graphic adventure the puzzles are quite weak, but it kind of compensates with a great dose of action. All crowned with a great and moving ending.

This game is a must have so try it. You won't be dissapointed.
  3. Nov 21, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am disgusted, truly disgusted. The two is for the whole game. All that time waiting and making choices come to find out that no matter what you picked, no matter how many different options you try, you will get the same exact ending, as will the rest of the characters. I was pretty sure that it was a zombie action tale, but no, it is a painstakingly long drug out Soap-Opera with some zombies that spoon feeds you the story by not giving you any game play besides point and click where it tells you to. I will not be purchasing their next trap known as "Season 2" of this. I am not going to wait another ten months for something they said would be done in five months for something that tries to get you emotional but is so badly done that the only emotion I feel is to vomit all over the game for actually waiting for that. This is more proof that companies do not care about their users, just their own profit and how to maximize it. Expand
  4. Nov 21, 2012
    As a whole, the story in The Walking Dead is a darn good'n, but Episode 5 feels as though it was rushed. Throughout the episodes, you're inundated with pseudo choices, and what that all amounts to is a universal ending for all. This wouldn't be such a bad thing if the game wasn't marketed as having a unique story where the choices you make alter the game drastically, because they don't. The story somehow loops back around again to follow a set path shortly after making these so-called game changing decisions.

Overall I loved the game and the story, but I believe that Telltale could've done more with regards to the decision making and the impact it had on gameplay. If I had to rate the game as a whole, all episodes included and without taking into account the poor mechanics previously mentioned, I'd give it a ten, no question. I'm left slightly disappointed though.
  5. Nov 24, 2012
    Bloody masterpiece... this game is a howto on making interactive movies. Probably one of the best, if not the best game I've played this year.

Also, the ending, without revealing too much... very touching. Bravo.
  6. Nov 21, 2012
    I literally can't write any true review of this game, since I only just beat it and my eyes are still soaking wet from tears and I can't see a thing. I have to say, this is the most emotional gaming experience I've ever had. I loved all the episodes, and this one didn't disappoint either. Wonderful writing, characters and sound design. If the season two maintains this level of quality, we might have a new legendary series in gaming. I'm sorry, I can't say anything bad about this episode, it felt like all the technical difficulties weren't there anymore (or maybe at this point I just didn't care about them I just wanted to save little Clementine...). Hats of to Telltale for this season of The Walking Dead, it really honors the original comics and beats the TV series in every possible way. I hope it won't take too long until we get to see what happens next... Expand
  7. Nov 26, 2012
    The game ends on a fantastic and very sad climax which pulls at your heart strings. Here the choices are taken away from you almost completely except for minor changes in characterisation. The game is far far too short, giving maybe an hours worth of enjoyment but you will feel drained and emotionally raw after completing this game An excellent story behind a medecocre game.
  8. Nov 23, 2012
    i'll be damned if this game doesn't win the Game Of The Year award though its unusual for an adventure game to win a GOTY award and even more so for a point-and-click adventure game. A poignant yet phenomenal finish to an epic game which has set new standards for story telling in videogames.
    I really had given up on videogaming after hours of Call of Duty,Medal Of Honor,Assassin's Creed
    and craved for something new. This game stunningly surpassed my expectations. I feel it worth mentioning here that i am completely new to point-and-click adventure games,so i was quite skeptical about the idea of a point-and-click adventure game having as much to offer as a fast paced FPS or a thrilling action/adventure game. This game might even seem graphically unappealing to a chunk of gamers but its storyline really overshadows its shortcomings if any. Since its second season will be hitting the shelves soon,i recommend it as a MUST BUY!!!
    P.S : If my review seems too exaggerated to some people,i'd recommend a look at the bar above which says "47 positive" and just "1 negative" review.
    P.P.S: Telltale Games. you've got a new fan :)
  9. Dec 2, 2012
    The ending absolutely sucked. The consequences of so called "decision making" are non existent, from what I can see. I enjoyed this "game", if that's what you want to call it, because the story was pretty entertaining and intriguing but this pathetic episode pretty much ruined the experience. What the hell?
  10. Nov 21, 2012
    A very well done finale to an amazingly well-crafted and emotional story. Most worth-it amount I've spent on a game this year. I'll dock half a point for some minor technical issues like some stuttering in certain areas when transitioning between scenes, but Episode 5 is definitely worth a full 10 for its unforgetttable story and characters. The bar for story-telling in a game has now been raised so high, I look forward to the one which will surpass it. Hopefully, I wouldn't have to wait long, and Season 2 comes out soon. A definite first-day purchase for me. Expand
  11. Nov 21, 2012
    I don't know what to say... This game has been quite a journey. I have never felt so into the atmosphere of a game like this before. Every moment was amazing and I will never forget this game.
    The pacing is top notch, the story-telling is unbelievably well done, the characters continue to stay as amazing as they were before.
    I don't cry during video games.
    That law just changed.
  12. Nov 21, 2012
    I think this is the best episode of the series. It's simpy amazing, and sad, and it's a very good ending to one of the best game in this year. It is for certain my game of the year.
  13. Nov 21, 2012
    Episode 5 is simply amazing. I've been gaming since the 8-bit era and this game has the most well crafted story I've ever played. No ending could have been more appropriate for the series and I honestly believe it tops Episode 2. Can't say much more without spoiling it, but grab this game as soon as you can. Oh, and tell all your friends about it too. No one should get left out of this one
  14. Nov 21, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. You cannot save yourself and Clementine. The girl will be left alone with all what she learned from Lee and eventually stumble upon two strangers at the very end. Implying she will live with a new family. Lee was her family, the last game confirms her real parents are dead. I like happy endings, it would have been a good ending just to lose your arm and start a new life, but they kill our character. All was in vain. Expand
  15. Nov 24, 2012
    This particular episode was weak for multiple reasons: 1.) it was very short. Easily less than 1 hour and I don't play fast. 2.) The gameplay was weak even when compared to previous episodes. Often times it was just walking on rails with no exploring at all. 3.) The dialogue options were weak. 4.) The ending was pretty obvious after episode 4 and imo wasn't all that powerful. I like the overall story but the characters for the most part leave something to be desired. I would like to see a more ingenious, creative character................................................ Now for an overall picture I give the game a 6/10. I agree with some of the negative posters saying the advertising is a little misleading because you do not determine the outcome of anything, there isn't much exploring which would be great in a game like this, and there aren't that many choices. It's not so much the gameplay, which definitely needs to be improved even by telltale standards, as it is the design. It just falls short on several levels including the length of each episode, how your choices don't matter after a little while, how you seem to have no control over your next action, etc. I think a lot of this fell on budget issues and since this game sold well I am hoping that the sequel will be stronger. I also wish this was released all as one game as it would have been a better experience compared to 5 split episodes over 7 months with each one being of varying quality. I would say for the next one in the series that if the developers can increase the length to 20+ hours with some actual replay value and maybe a few other options I'd buy it for $60. As it stand now it's really only worth $15 in my opinion (12 hour experience playing very slow with no replay value). So I recommend it if you can get it on sale somewhere around that price (steam holiday sale). Expand
  16. 4DI
    Nov 21, 2012
    What can I say? I'm speechless.
  17. Nov 21, 2012
    Episode 5 is amazing, this is one of the best storydriven games i have ever played and episode 5 does not disappoint in any areas. I can safely say that this episode is the most emotional of all the episodes, the episode with the most action and so on. With a very good story and an in my opinion amazing ending this continues to be my favorite game of the year. I really recommend everyone to pick this game up, it is really amazing. Expand
  18. Nov 21, 2012
    Game Of The Year.....Best game what i ever played........................................................................................................
  19. Nov 21, 2012
    The final instalment of a really fantastic game! The final "episode" was able to bring a good mix of everything, from the tear jerkers to the edge-of-seat action! It will make the manliest of men be reduced to tears.
    Throughout all the games I have ever played, The Walking Dead by Telltale Games is, by a country mile, my all time favourite.
  20. Nov 24, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Definitely the weakest Episode, both story and gameplay wise. The whole thing felt rushed and there was hardly anything to do and decide (not that decisions would really matter, but still). And despite some good scenes it was pretty much obvious from the end of episode 4 how everything would turn out.

Maybe it's just me but I expect more to "do" when I play a computer game and if a company advertises with how much my choices would matter I also expect to be able to actually influence the course and outcome of the story. Small dialogue changes and deciding which tritagonist may survive one episode longer doesn't really count in my book.

I really wonder why they bothered making a game out of it in the first place and not just some "normal" animated TV series instead. That would've worked just great, but TWD by Telltale fails miserably as an adventure game and even more when compared to what was advertised.

Good for those who like the game, but I think it falls far behind from it's potential.
  21. Nov 21, 2012
    Wheezy247
    I am going to be honest. Until the Walking Dead game series that Telltale has brilliant crafted, I cannot remember the last time I played a point and click adventure game, but I sure am glad I tried it again. Throughout the entire series, I saw my choices have an influence on what happened later in the episode or in later episodes, but never as much as that that is seen in
    the final episode "No Time Left." Telltale has successfully created a game that blends a unique art style, wonderful voice acting and a story that is probably the best story you'll play this entire year to create a series that, I believe, will have an impact on the future story development of video games. After playing through all of the episodes, I can definitely say that this was the most enjoyable episode, previously episode 2. It is such a delight to see how Telltale managed to bring the entire story together. The emotion that is brought out by the story and voice acting is so powerful, I almost cried at certain parts. I don't want to spoil the ending, but let's just say I can't wait for Telltale's newly announced Season 2. If you haven't played this game yet, you owe it to yourself to play all of the episodes. Telltale's series is not perfect, but the way they brought it all together at the end makes you understand why this game should be considered for game of the year. I would give it a 9.5/10. Expand
  22. Nov 21, 2012
    One of the best ending of all time, that's for sure. And I'm keeping it real, I cried. I really cried at the ending. Congrats Telltale Games for making this awesome game. And my last words: Game of the Year.
  23. Nov 23, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It is sad to notice the game design choices by Telltale - kill off characters to save the amount of variables needed to be dealt with in the next season.Despite the rushed paced of the episode (it will probably last around two hours),the final episode ends the first season satisfactorily. No big surprises, no drawn out puzzles or even moments of peace to converse with your fellow group members. And the guy behind the radio feels abit out of place after his awkward explanation of who he is and why his doing this.
    Theres NO TIME LEFT for much, except for Season 2! Till next time when our choices matter more!
  24. Nov 22, 2012
    oh my the final episode was mind blowing with emotions i felt like crying at ending it was heart reaching it made me sad but when the episode ended i thought something would we would see it but then it stop i was like wtf make me wanting more........

telltale u done again perfect end for first season game hope second game more better
  25. Nov 21, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great finale episode, the feeling thoughout the entire episode is very tense in a good way and you feel like things in other episodes mattered. only negative things in my mind is that its a bit short and some areas felt like they were underused at times. also i would have like to see a tie-up to both Lily and the "cancer group".

overall an unforgettable season
  26. Nov 22, 2012
    While i think The Walking Dead is one of the best games I've ever played i think episode 5 is by far the best. The other ones were great but this on was not far from PERFECT! As always the voice acting was great especially for Lee and Clementine, but this episode i actually thought Ben was the best. He was very convincing the whole time and i really liked him in this episode. While this episode did feel a bit shorter than the others i think it's the best of the 5 and it still deserves a 10! Expand
  27. Nov 22, 2012
    Very satisfying and very very emotional ending. I won't state if the ending was very happy or sad because I don't want to put any spoilers. Thus, I will state that the ending felt very emotionally powerful to me. I will be purchasing season 2 of this game.
  28. Jan 17, 2013
    How the **** did this game get 9 out of 10??? I created an account just so i could comment about that like really??? 9 out of 10??? I finished the game in 4 hours (the whole game) there's obviously no real choices you can make , the graphic were nothing special (borderlands kinda rip off) , the game has no replay value whatsoever , you just point and click pretty much the whole game, theres like 2-3 shootings scenes (1 of them is showed in the trailer ) like wtf Metacritic , 9 OUT OF 10 ?????? The only thing good about this game is the voice acting, other than that its just another game taking advantages of a succeful franchise . Dont buy this game , i was tempted when i saw it as top sellers on Steam and now regret my actions. Expand
  29. Nov 28, 2012
    The game overall was somewhat disappointing. I liked episode 3 best, but the last episode was my least favorite. Some of the user actions sequences were just a waste and had no effect or consequence and I was really hoping that you would have a different outcome for the end depending on the choices you made. This game would have been a 10 if your outcome in each episode could have been different. The last episode seemed rushed and not that well planned. If they do another, I hope it has more consequences for your actions. Expand
  30. Nov 30, 2012
    I'm disappointed by season finale. I expected it to have few endings depend on the choices you made earlier. But whatever choices you made, ending is still the same. So much for creating your own story.

1. Jan 29, 2013
    No Time Left is Telltale's best effort to date. It has the longest heart-to-heart talk in the entire game, the most exciting action sequence featuring Lee, a hatchet and a horde of zombies, and a quiet, emotional climax.
  2. Dec 18, 2012
    The last episode of The Walking Dead is a worthy finale for a well crafted and emotional adventure game.
  3. Dec 3, 2012
    It's extraordinarily rare for a game to possess scenes of such powerful emotion, but Telltale have managed something special with The Walking Dead finale, and it'd be a tragedy to miss it.