8.9

1. Nov 21, 2012
    Episode 5, the finale... without spoiling anything, it's a satisfying conclusion, even if you think you already know what's going to happen. I'll remember this game for a very long time.
  2. Dec 5, 2012
    Probably the best zombie game I have ever played. When I first looked into this game, I thought it would be some shooter resident-evil wannabe, then I found out it was a graphic adventure with lots of action on it, which is really original and cool. But what I liked the most was the story, so epic and inmersive, really at the level of the TV series and more touchy. The flawless voice acting helps a lot.

The other strong point in the game is the dialogue choice options. Everything you say almost always have some kind of impact in the story, from gaining influence over some pal of your group, to trigger a whole situation that may save your life or kill you. In fact, the difficulty of the game is not killing the zombies, but preventing your group to split or fall into hysteria.

The only thing that could be better, are the puzzles. For a graphic adventure the puzzles are quite weak, but it kind of compensates with a great dose of action. All crowned with a great and moving ending.

This game is a must have so try it. You won't be dissapointed.
  3. Nov 21, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am disgusted, truly disgusted. The two is for the whole game. All that time waiting and making choices come to find out that no matter what you picked, no matter how many different options you try, you will get the same exact ending, as will the rest of the characters. I was pretty sure that it was a zombie action tale, but no, it is a painstakingly long drug out Soap-Opera with some zombies that spoon feeds you the story by not giving you any game play besides point and click where it tells you to. I will not be purchasing their next trap known as "Season 2" of this. I am not going to wait another ten months for something they said would be done in five months for something that tries to get you emotional but is so badly done that the only emotion I feel is to vomit all over the game for actually waiting for that. This is more proof that companies do not care about their users, just their own profit and how to maximize it. Expand
  4. Nov 21, 2012
    As a whole, the story in The Walking Dead is a darn good'n, but Episode 5 feels as though it was rushed. Throughout the episodes, you're inundated with pseudo choices, and what that all amounts to is a universal ending for all. This wouldn't be such a bad thing if the game wasn't marketed as having a unique story where the choices you make alter the game drastically, because they don't. The story somehow loops back around again to follow a set path shortly after making these so-called game changing decisions.

Overall I loved the game and the story, but I believe that Telltale could've done more with regards to the decision making and the impact it had on gameplay. If I had to rate the game as a whole, all episodes included and without taking into account the poor mechanics previously mentioned, I'd give it a ten, no question. I'm left slightly disappointed though.
  5. Nov 24, 2012
    Bloody masterpiece... this game is a howto on making interactive movies. Probably one of the best, if not the best game I've played this year.

Also, the ending, without revealing too much... very touching. Bravo.
  6. Nov 21, 2012
    I literally can't write any true review of this game, since I only just beat it and my eyes are still soaking wet from tears and I can't see a thing. I have to say, this is the most emotional gaming experience I've ever had. I loved all the episodes, and this one didn't disappoint either. Wonderful writing, characters and sound design. If the season two maintains this level of quality, we might have a new legendary series in gaming. I'm sorry, I can't say anything bad about this episode, it felt like all the technical difficulties weren't there anymore (or maybe at this point I just didn't care about them I just wanted to save little Clementine...). Hats of to Telltale for this season of The Walking Dead, it really honors the original comics and beats the TV series in every possible way. I hope it won't take too long until we get to see what happens next... Expand
  7. Nov 26, 2012
    The game ends on a fantastic and very sad climax which pulls at your heart strings. Here the choices are taken away from you almost completely except for minor changes in characterisation. The game is far far too short, giving maybe an hours worth of enjoyment but you will feel drained and emotionally raw after completing this game An excellent story behind a medecocre game.
  8. Nov 23, 2012
    i'll be damned if this game doesn't win the Game Of The Year award though its unusual for an adventure game to win a GOTY award and even more so for a point-and-click adventure game. A poignant yet phenomenal finish to an epic game which has set new standards for story telling in videogames.
    I really had given up on videogaming after hours of Call of Duty,Medal Of Honor,Assassin's Creed
    and craved for something new. This game stunningly surpassed my expectations. I feel it worth mentioning here that i am completely new to point-and-click adventure games,so i was quite skeptical about the idea of a point-and-click adventure game having as much to offer as a fast paced FPS or a thrilling action/adventure game. This game might even seem graphically unappealing to a chunk of gamers but its storyline really overshadows its shortcomings if any. Since its second season will be hitting the shelves soon,i recommend it as a MUST BUY!!!
    P.S : If my review seems too exaggerated to some people,i'd recommend a look at the bar above which says "47 positive" and just "1 negative" review.
    P.P.S: Telltale Games. you've got a new fan :)
  9. Dec 2, 2012
    The ending absolutely sucked. The consequences of so called "decision making" are non existent, from what I can see. I enjoyed this "game", if that's what you want to call it, because the story was pretty entertaining and intriguing but this pathetic episode pretty much ruined the experience. What the hell?
  10. Nov 21, 2012
    A very well done finale to an amazingly well-crafted and emotional story. Most worth-it amount I've spent on a game this year. I'll dock half a point for some minor technical issues like some stuttering in certain areas when transitioning between scenes, but Episode 5 is definitely worth a full 10 for its unforgetttable story and characters. The bar for story-telling in a game has now been raised so high, I look forward to the one which will surpass it. Hopefully, I wouldn't have to wait long, and Season 2 comes out soon. A definite first-day purchase for me. Expand
  11. Nov 21, 2012
    I don't know what to say... This game has been quite a journey. I have never felt so into the atmosphere of a game like this before. Every moment was amazing and I will never forget this game.
    The pacing is top notch, the story-telling is unbelievably well done, the characters continue to stay as amazing as they were before.
    I don't cry during video games.
    That law just changed.
  12. Nov 21, 2012
    I think this is the best episode of the series. It's simpy amazing, and sad, and it's a very good ending to one of the best game in this year. It is for certain my game of the year.
  13. Nov 21, 2012
    Episode 5 is simply amazing. I've been gaming since the 8-bit era and this game has the most well crafted story I've ever played. No ending could have been more appropriate for the series and I honestly believe it tops Episode 2. Can't say much more without spoiling it, but grab this game as soon as you can. Oh, and tell all your friends about it too. No one should get left out of this one
  14. Nov 21, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. You cannot save yourself and Clementine. The girl will be left alone with all what she learned from Lee and eventually stumble upon two strangers at the very end. Implying she will live with a new family. Lee was her family, the last game confirms her real parents are dead. I like happy endings, it would have been a good ending just to lose your arm and start a new life, but they kill our character. All was in vain. Expand
  15. Nov 24, 2012
    This particular episode was weak for multiple reasons: 1.) it was very short. Easily less than 1 hour and I don't play fast. 2.) The gameplay was weak even when compared to previous episodes. Often times it was just walking on rails with no exploring at all. 3.) The dialogue options were weak. 4.) The ending was pretty obvious after episode 4 and imo wasn't all that powerful. I like the overall story but the characters for the most part leave something to be desired. I would like to see a more ingenious, creative character................................................ Now for an overall picture I give the game a 6/10. I agree with some of the negative posters saying the advertising is a little misleading because you do not determine the outcome of anything, there isn't much exploring which would be great in a game like this, and there aren't that many choices. It's not so much the gameplay, which definitely needs to be improved even by telltale standards, as it is the design. It just falls short on several levels including the length of each episode, how your choices don't matter after a little while, how you seem to have no control over your next action, etc. I think a lot of this fell on budget issues and since this game sold well I am hoping that the sequel will be stronger. I also wish this was released all as one game as it would have been a better experience compared to 5 split episodes over 7 months with each one being of varying quality. I would say for the next one in the series that if the developers can increase the length to 20+ hours with some actual replay value and maybe a few other options I'd buy it for $60. As it stand now it's really only worth $15 in my opinion (12 hour experience playing very slow with no replay value). So I recommend it if you can get it on sale somewhere around that price (steam holiday sale). Expand
  16. 4DI
    Nov 21, 2012
    What can I say? I'm speechless.
  17. Nov 21, 2012
    Episode 5 is amazing, this is one of the best storydriven games i have ever played and episode 5 does not disappoint in any areas. I can safely say that this episode is the most emotional of all the episodes, the episode with the most action and so on. With a very good story and an in my opinion amazing ending this continues to be my favorite game of the year. I really recommend everyone to pick this game up, it is really amazing. Expand
  18. Nov 21, 2012
    Game Of The Year.....Best game what i ever played........................................................................................................
  19. Nov 21, 2012
    The final instalment of a really fantastic game! The final "episode" was able to bring a good mix of everything, from the tear jerkers to the edge-of-seat action! It will make the manliest of men be reduced to tears.
    Throughout all the games I have ever played, The Walking Dead by Telltale Games is, by a country mile, my all time favourite.
  20. Nov 24, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Definitely the weakest Episode, both story and gameplay wise. The whole thing felt rushed and there was hardly anything to do and decide (not that decisions would really matter, but still). And despite some good scenes it was pretty much obvious from the end of episode 4 how everything would turn out.

Maybe it's just me but I expect more to "do" when I play a computer game and if a company advertises with how much my choices would matter I also expect to be able to actually influence the course and outcome of the story. Small dialogue changes and deciding which tritagonist may survive one episode longer doesn't really count in my book.

I really wonder why they bothered making a game out of it in the first place and not just some "normal" animated TV series instead. That would've worked just great, but TWD by Telltale fails miserably as an adventure game and even more when compared to what was advertised.

Good for those who like the game, but I think it falls far behind from it's potential.
  21. Nov 21, 2012
    Wheezy247
    I am going to be honest. Until the Walking Dead game series that Telltale has brilliant crafted, I cannot remember the last time I played a point and click adventure game, but I sure am glad I tried it again. Throughout the entire series, I saw my choices have an influence on what happened later in the episode or in later episodes, but never as much as that that is seen in
    the final episode "No Time Left." Telltale has successfully created a game that blends a unique art style, wonderful voice acting and a story that is probably the best story you'll play this entire year to create a series that, I believe, will have an impact on the future story development of video games. After playing through all of the episodes, I can definitely say that this was the most enjoyable episode, previously episode 2. It is such a delight to see how Telltale managed to bring the entire story together. The emotion that is brought out by the story and voice acting is so powerful, I almost cried at certain parts. I don't want to spoil the ending, but let's just say I can't wait for Telltale's newly announced Season 2. If you haven't played this game yet, you owe it to yourself to play all of the episodes. Telltale's series is not perfect, but the way they brought it all together at the end makes you understand why this game should be considered for game of the year. I would give it a 9.5/10. Expand
  22. Nov 21, 2012
    One of the best ending of all time, that's for sure. And I'm keeping it real, I cried. I really cried at the ending. Congrats Telltale Games for making this awesome game. And my last words: Game of the Year.
  23. Nov 23, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It is sad to notice the game design choices by Telltale - kill off characters to save the amount of variables needed to be dealt with in the next season.Despite the rushed paced of the episode (it will probably last around two hours),the final episode ends the first season satisfactorily. No big surprises, no drawn out puzzles or even moments of peace to converse with your fellow group members. And the guy behind the radio feels abit out of place after his awkward explanation of who he is and why his doing this.
    Theres NO TIME LEFT for much, except for Season 2! Till next time when our choices matter more!
  24. Nov 22, 2012
    oh my the final episode was mind blowing with emotions i felt like crying at ending it was heart reaching it made me sad but when the episode ended i thought something would we would see it but then it stop i was like wtf make me wanting more........

telltale u done again perfect end for first season game hope second game more better
  25. Nov 21, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great finale episode, the feeling thoughout the entire episode is very tense in a good way and you feel like things in other episodes mattered. only negative things in my mind is that its a bit short and some areas felt like they were underused at times. also i would have like to see a tie-up to both Lily and the "cancer group".

overall an unforgettable season
  26. Nov 22, 2012
    While i think The Walking Dead is one of the best games I've ever played i think episode 5 is by far the best. The other ones were great but this on was not far from PERFECT! As always the voice acting was great especially for Lee and Clementine, but this episode i actually thought Ben was the best. He was very convincing the whole time and i really liked him in this episode. While this episode did feel a bit shorter than the others i think it's the best of the 5 and it still deserves a 10! Expand
  27. Nov 22, 2012
    Very satisfying and very very emotional ending. I won't state if the ending was very happy or sad because I don't want to put any spoilers. Thus, I will state that the ending felt very emotionally powerful to me. I will be purchasing season 2 of this game.
  28. Jan 17, 2013
    How the **** did this game get 9 out of 10??? I created an account just so i could comment about that like really??? 9 out of 10??? I finished the game in 4 hours (the whole game) there's obviously no real choices you can make , the graphic were nothing special (borderlands kinda rip off) , the game has no replay value whatsoever , you just point and click pretty much the whole game, theres like 2-3 shootings scenes (1 of them is showed in the trailer ) like wtf Metacritic , 9 OUT OF 10 ?????? The only thing good about this game is the voice acting, other than that its just another game taking advantages of a succeful franchise . Dont buy this game , i was tempted when i saw it as top sellers on Steam and now regret my actions. Expand
  29. Nov 28, 2012
    The game overall was somewhat disappointing. I liked episode 3 best, but the last episode was my least favorite. Some of the user actions sequences were just a waste and had no effect or consequence and I was really hoping that you would have a different outcome for the end depending on the choices you made. This game would have been a 10 if your outcome in each episode could have been different. The last episode seemed rushed and not that well planned. If they do another, I hope it has more consequences for your actions. Expand
  30. Nov 30, 2012
    I'm disappointed by season finale. I expected it to have few endings depend on the choices you made earlier. But whatever choices you made, ending is still the same. So much for creating your own story.
  31. Nov 24, 2012
    Episode 5 is solid though it feels a bit rushed compared to other episodes, and you pretty much knew how it was going to end at the end of the last one. Despite this, it still manages to be touching and have an incredible story. If I were able to rate the episodes collectively I would place them at a 9.
  32. Jan 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After essentially raping the player with the illusion of choice and that decisions make a different in the earlier episodes and then suddenly revealing that nothing you do makes any difference whatsoever, and then providing lackluster gameplay with horrible controls and shallow characters who you can't affect in any way, and then rushing the player through extremely scripted events and an extremely linear and disappointing story, the last thing you want to do is attempt to create a emotional and impactful ending. This "sad" ending just completely destroys the only aspect of the game I enjoyed. When the rest of the game is such garbage, the least you could provide the player is a satisfying resolution to the story in which the player feels like what they did throughout the episodes was not for naught, and in the end their efforts would actually result in something. Do not simply kill off every character and then leave the player without a proper resolution to the story. Absolutely disappointing. Not only is the story weighed down with a negative tone, but the entire series is just trash. In a nutshell, the Walking Dead game series is a complete waste of money and time. Expand
  33. Nov 22, 2012
    The walking masterpiece. I hate zombie games and movies, but this one just let my jaw drop, kicked my ass with emotions, smashed my imagination with a 10-ton blow, and made me yearn form more games with so well-written characters, balanced action, awesome atmosphere, superb dubbing, and engaging storyline. A must-play and the best game of 2012, which proves that even with an old engine and not-so innovative mechanics, games can be mature, enriching and enchanting at the same time. The Walking Dead is bound to become a classic that will be mentioned alongside Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Grim Fandango, Monkey Island, Sanitarium, Broken Sword series, and all the cool adventure games that have been recently relegated to indie-game genre. Expand
  34. Nov 22, 2012
    Telltale had make you attached to the characters for the previous 4 episodes, and it wrapped the story really well. I cried for the first time in my gaming experiences, and I am a 25 years old grown-up man ;_;
  35. Nov 22, 2012
    What an epic conclusion to an epic series. In my top 3 games of the year. I thought I was going to cry during the final scene. Wouldn't have minded waiting a couple of extra weeks for them to create more content as I do think (at around a quarter of the length of the others) it represents poor value for money when compared to the other episodes. For this reason, I give it 9.5. I hope season 2 can live up to the huge expectations that will surely be placed on it after all the GOTY's it will scoop. On a side note, the characterisations are so good that when me and the gf watch the series, we comment how bland they are compared to the game. Expand
  36. Nov 23, 2012
    Just awesome! The best of its kind.The story is great the conclusion is a tear jerker and the voice acting is as good as it gets, especially Clementine her voice actress should win awards. I can't recommend this game enough
  37. Nov 23, 2012
    The Walking Dead has one of the most emotional and well-crafted stories I have ever experienced in a video game. Seeing your love ones go, getting upset, even for your enemies, it's all normal. But this ending... many tears have been fallen for this great ending. I NEVER cried in a video game before. I kind of predicted the ending, but it was so well executed that it still touched my heart. This was the finale this series deserved, and I'll definitely be in line for season 2. Hats off to you Telltale Games. Expand
  38. Dec 2, 2012
    One of those pieces of art which will get in the deepest corner of your heart and never leave. Telltale's masterpiece has set a new standard in the interactive storytelling and all gamers should celebrate this since we all are witnessing a birth of a new era of story-driven gaming.
  39. Feb 1, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's at the end when you are faced with only the decision of whether or not to shoot Lee that you realise none of the decisions you made impacted the ending at all. There are only two endings and it is something you can decide at the end. However, the gameplay is just as good as the other episodes. Expand
  40. Koo
    Dec 29, 2012
    Episode 5 is the last episode of the Walking Dead: Season 1. I found this episode very moving, with great dialogue and action sequences (as throughout the series). The ending is also worthwhile, which is nice. But my favorite part of this series is just playing through it. I feel like I was there with these people: Lee, Clementing, Duck, Kenny... all of them. And not too many games can do that. Expand
  41. Nov 25, 2012
    Not much I can say but this The Walking Dead has one of the best stories ever in a game. You can't name many games that have made you cry, I can't but this is one of them and I'm happy to have played it. Yeah there isn't much gameplay but it isn't about that and if thats what you were hoping for, well sorry. Also I don't get why people keep saying this episode is rushed, NO TIME LEFT!
    Kinda says it all, you're running out of time. This is it, all we've been leading up to, there is no time to stop and think just do what needs to be done.
  42. Nov 24, 2012
    I did not expect that a game can reproduce the excitement of the comic / TV series The Walking Dead. I did not expect that at all a game can trigger such emotions. The Walking Dead game introduces a great atmosphere for 5 episodes. Great shows a world of zombies. For the good elements of adventure and action, and choices, is really very good. It is a pity that the engine is really weak, and I wish that the elections did not produce a little more impact on the game. However, it is great. My Rating - 9/10 Expand
  43. Nov 23, 2012
    This review contains spoilers. I am absolutely speechless, this series has evoked more emotional response than any other game i have ever played, the final scene between clementine and lee was so heartbreaking but beautifully done,i am not ashamed to admit that me, being a legal adult was sobbing and in tears by the final scene, i really hope they do another season as it ended on a pretty big cliffhanger, bravo telltale, you have created a masterpiece of a game. Collapse
  44. Dec 12, 2012
    Enjoy this game for what it is, an interactive comic. Taking the series as a whole, zombie fans should definitely not miss this, and more general point-and-click fans will enjoy the storyline also. As a "game" it lacks in interactivity (walk here, click this, hit that mostly), very simple to non-existent puzzles, linear and very little roaming/discovery, and a story-line dialogue-choice system that doesn't make a huge difference to the overall course of the game. If you are a p-and-c fan of say Syberia, Broken Sword, Lost Horizon etc., and looking for good puzzles to work through, this game will disappoint. There's none of that here, with more focus on the story and dialogue. Gets a 6 for the 10 hour gameplay/story in general, plus 1 for being nice to look at and a better than usual ending (imho anyway). Just as well really, as this last episode is the slowest and weakest of them, and a reason why it is probably not strong enough for a replay for me. An enjoyable experience nonetheless. Expand
  45. Nov 24, 2012
    Very touching end to this story arch (apparently there may be more), but also frustrating because of the cheap deaths, a disappointing epilogue and many questions left unanswered. Definitely worth playing overall, especially if you are a fan of dark games/stories.
  46. Nov 26, 2012
    I'm rather reviewing the whole series than just episode 5 because I think you have to look at the big picture here.

Yes the game has it's flaws: technical errors (had to play the series with shadows turned off despite my more than decent rack) and, as stated by many others, the choices you make don't change the outcome like some might've wished they would. The comic-look is a pure
    matter of taste, I can understand that some people might not like it, but I do.

BUT apart from it's deficiencies this here is something unique and I'm glad there's gonna be another series. This is not about 20 different endings or alike, it's about hope and how you're not to loose it and more importantly pass it on to and raise it in somebody else, especially the young ones.

It's GRIPPING by every meaning of the word. And I can't remember any game that touched and/or moved me like this one, especially no point 'n' click adventure.

I for one don't think the decisions one makes are pointless. I can't fight the feeling that many people have gotten so used to seeing people die on the screen (and I mean everywhere: the news, the movies and video-games) it just doesn't do anything for/with them anymore. I actually felt terrible and sorry for some of the decisions I made and many of the things I've seen in this game.

All in all this game tells a great story with convincing characters and is a stunning, gripping experience. 10 out of 10.
  47. Dec 1, 2012
    This game, as a whole and this finale especially, is storytelling at its finest. There are many branching paths possible for this final episode and Telltale games made it difficult for themselves with the ridiculous combination of options they gave you leading up to this point. They did a terrific job, though. Few faults exist for this game, if any. If you want a story-driven/choice-driven gaming experience, this is perfect. Expand
  48. Nov 25, 2012
    This is the best episode of the season by far. You've been building up Lee character as well as his relationships with others through your choices and this is the episode where everything comes to a head. NOTHING will stop Lee from saving Clementine.

The action starts right at the beginning of the episode and never lets up, it may be the shortest episode but it has both the best
    dialogue and action scenes of the entire series. It's true that you choices don't have a huge affect on the overall events of the narrative, but instead they succeed in making every choice feel personal, every choice you make is based on your personal morals and ethics in situations where there is no right answer. it's without a doubt the best story I've every played through in a game, though it's probably closer to a visual novel than traditional games. Expand
  49. Nov 27, 2012
    Amazing game. There is always something going on and you never get bored of it. The TV series were boring and i almost fell asleep on every episode so this game was how the series should be like and not a soap opera with a little who.re Carl. I cant wait for season 2.
  50. Dec 20, 2012
    Once you realize the decisions you make dont matter at all, and if you are able to look past the not very impressive gameplay, the story this game tells is pretty good. Even if I felt cheated by the game once I found out it didnt give a crap about what I chose, Im giving it a 7 for being the first game I ever played that had a child that not only didnt annoy me, but also was a really likable character. Expand
  51. Nov 27, 2012
    Few games have ever wrenched genuine emotion and sorrow from my gut as brutally as Telltale's take on Robert Kirkman's twisted world. Bravo, Telltale. This game deserves a spot as GOTY, no questions asked. #ForClementine indeed.
  52. Dec 7, 2012
    The half life series was what I always considered my all time favorite game, nothing else matched it though few came close namely wind waker, metro 2033, oddworld, heart of darkness, and a few more. Telltale's walking dead however makes me question what my favorite game of all time is. Holy sht this game was indescribable. If ever a game was deserving of a perfect score, this is it. Game of the year easily (to me at least). Expand
  53. Nov 27, 2012
    This will game will have a permanent spot on my top list of games i would recommend. this game was one of the biggest emotional roller coaster rides i have ever taken. this last chapter was a satisfying conclusion to the walking dead episodes. aside from a few graphical glitches and some choices that feel a bit to forced this game always gave me the feeling that i was in control of each situation and that the consequences were my fault. And clementine, my favorite character made me feel very protective of this cute little girl that i would risk my life for. if you're looking for a game with an easy to use interface and a story that keeps you wanting more then pick this one up. you will not regret it. Expand
  54. Nov 30, 2012
    Impeccably written, intensely shot, impossibly alive characters, top-notch pacing and a bravura performance from Melissa Hutchinson, a.k.a. Clementine, who is destined to be named as the most fully realized child character (if not just simply CHARACTER) in the history of video games from now on. The Walking Dead Episode 5 is everything you could wish for, the finale to a series so meticulously crafted, that's it destined to leave a mark in every single gamer that had the chance to experience this dramatic miracle.. The ending, itself, is shocking, gut-wrenching, emotionally merciless and, most of all, absolutely, positively unforgettable. A HUGE thank-you to Telltale Games for offering a true masterpiece that is Walking Dead. They actually managed to make me CRY. Thank you. Expand
  55. Nov 27, 2012
    if you read some of the user's reviews you see we are so used to freedom nowadays in the games, and some people think these game tricks you with a fake freedom. I felt it was a heart touching game, good characters, solid story. The ending is not surprising but it's really emotional & you won't forget it fast.
  56. Nov 27, 2012
    Amazing game just utter brilliance! I did not regret picking this game up! I know you wouldn't! All 5 episodes were amazing but this one stands the most the great, depressing and sad ending but you'll get over it that's how awesome this game was! And always stay for the credits.
  57. Nov 24, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Episode 5...my god episode 5. This is now became my favorite game of all time (or at least favorite story) because of this last episode. At the end of this episode, you can choose to shoot Lee, which I chose. This episode leaves you with the hardest choice of the series, Lee's last words. "I'll miss you," As those last words rolled out of Lee's tongue I let go all of my tears and sobbed. This game brings you to your knees and I almost couldn't stand the sadness. The writers are amazing and should win any award possible. Expand
  58. Nov 25, 2012
    This is one of the best games I have ever been able to play though it is a little shorter then the other episodes it was truly breathtaking. Its so dark and sad. Not going for any spoilers but the ending had me in tears. I would definitely say buy this game. Hope it wins GOYT
  59. Nov 28, 2012
    In brief. it made me cry. I've never cried for a game before! It is defenitely a masterpiece, mixing the soundtrack, the characters. Oh, the characters!; the atmoshpere... Everything, just.... everything... You know what? If i could, i'll give this a 12/10! Yes! God bless this master minds. You own my true love. Thank you. Keep doing this! Please!
  60. Dec 18, 2012
    Pretty much Cried at the end. No game has ever really struck that cord. They should just keeping making new episodes. man, i really hope they do. EXCELLENT REPLAY VALUE
  61. Jan 1, 2013
    Man this was epic I can't believe what happened happened if you have a chance pick this up its the ultimate game one of the best episodes in the series holy poop
  62. May 8, 2013
    This episode is a masterpiece, although short it was totally breath-catching, depressing and emotionally engaging.....................................
  63. Jan 3, 2013
    I'm not really into this kind of genre, but i had to give it a try because of the good reviews, and i can surely tell you that the game isn't a waste of time, in fact, i'm very happy i gave it a chance.

It's one of the best games i have ever played, not because of the genre itself, in fact as a "game" isn't that cool, but the storyline was really good,

I didn't liked the fact that,
    no matter what decisions you make, the game will do what it has to do, but this "decision making" thing it's in fact, what makes a connection between you and the main character. That's why it didn't bothered me at the end.

The story is excellent, the graphics ain't bad, the game itself it's "not bad", i would give the game a 10 if it was another genre, and maybe if it was more like "a game".

I only see this game as an..."interactive animated movie", not like a real game, but god, it's totally worth your time.
  64. Jan 7, 2013
    This is the first time ever I write a review for a game: for this one, I simply had to. This is the best game I have ever played. Period. This is as close as you can get to perfection: the story, the characters, the atmosphere, the emotions, the moral dilemmas... Telltale have not only demonstrated that they are the masters of point-and-click adventure games, they have demonstrated that this type of game can give an experience as satisfying as any other. Because Telltale has understood what is the foundation of any successful game: the story, the story, the story. You can have fantastic graphics and great game-play mechanics, but none of that matters in the end if the story sucks. Let me just end this review with one last comment. I am really not a particularly sentimental guy, but this game made me shed quite a few tears. I don't recall that happening with any other video game, and I'm speaking of hundreds of them (yeah, I've been around for quite a while...). Needless to say, I hope that Telltale will go on with this series for many more seasons. Cheers! Expand
  65. May 20, 2013
    My #1 complaint about this game that choices do not matter. No matter what you do you will get the same predictable and disappointing ending. This pretty much ruined for me what could have been an incredible game.
  66. Jul 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Such a disappointment. All of you need to stop judging it on the ending. I'll look at the whole level. It has a great opening, but after the boat stolen scene, it starts to unravel a bit. When you see the dead couple, Kenny claims suicide is bad, but if you saved Ben, he pretty much locks himself in a alley with walkers to DIE. WTF? And his other death is clearly rushed. It picks up after the part where Lee is seperated, and I like the Stranger reveal, definatly unexpected. I actually started to sympathise with him, and when I killed him, I shot him out of sympathy. But the end was a mixed bag. It evoked emotion out of me a game never had and still hasn't. But it made no sense. What was the point of cutting your arm off? It doesn't matter as you still die. And no matter how bad you are to Clementine, she still cries like a baby when Lee dies. It pulls a ME3, as in your choices don't matter. A good episode, but disappointing as a finale. Expand
  67. Feb 3, 2014
    Story: 7 out of 10, Graphics: 7 out of 10, Fun: 8 out of 10, Controls: 8 out of 10, Ease to Learn: 9 out of 10, Length: 8 out of 10, Re-play: 5 out of 10, Value: 8 out of 10

I have a low re-play score on this game because when you re-play the game (which there is a strong desire to re-play this game to try other choices) the new different choices you make either 1) don't make much
    difference and/or 2) the way the main character and other characters act/re-act for non-mainstream choices is highly unrealistic. I really loved this game and would of given it a 9 for my over-all score, but the re-play that I was anxious to try was a real dud and took away from my original experience; thus giving the game an over-all score of 8. Expand
  68. Nov 23, 2012

1. Jan 29, 2013
    No Time Left is Telltale's best effort to date. It has the longest heart-to-heart talk in the entire game, the most exciting action sequence featuring Lee, a hatchet and a horde of zombies, and a quiet, emotional climax.
  2. Dec 18, 2012
    The last episode of The Walking Dead is a worthy finale for a well crafted and emotional adventure game.
  3. Dec 3, 2012
    It's extraordinarily rare for a game to possess scenes of such powerful emotion, but Telltale have managed something special with The Walking Dead finale, and it'd be a tragedy to miss it.