8.3

1. Sep 11, 2014
    The third episode of The Walking Dead's Season 2 is the most poorly written entry in the series by a country mile.

Without spoiling anything, the episode centres around the group's captivity in Carver's settlement. I use the term very loosely, because they are fed, kept safe, and given a chance to enter back in to the group, and the only indication of Carver's supposed villainy (which we keep hearing about and are meant to believe, but never see) is the killing of a traitor and the savage beating of someone who was planning to destroy the settlement.

In short, this episode was written with the intent that we would believe something that is not shown, implied, or satisfactorily demonstrated in any way, and believe it with conviction. Instead, the player is treated to an excruciating hour long cutscene in which they are forced to do things that make no sense, culminating in a remarkably stupid finale.

Lousy from a gameplay and writing standpoint, this is easily the worst entry in the series so far.
  2. Aug 20, 2014
    This was a better episode than the rest for this season - you have established a plot, but I don't see how it will last much. You had the characters running in circles and moving a story that doesn't seem to find its footing. We know its the apocalypse, we know there's good people and there's crappy people, we know it's a fight for survival, but still... I can't feel like there's no muchThis was a better episode than the rest for this season - you have established a plot, but I don't see how it will last much. You had the characters running in circles and moving a story that doesn't seem to find its footing. We know its the apocalypse, we know there's good people and there's crappy people, we know it's a fight for survival, but still... I can't feel like there's no much point to this second season. Expand
  3. Jul 30, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Wow in deed i love this game so much this episode simplely amazing i tried few way to change out come

to save certain Sarah which i did in first one but did not try again to save her but tried to same i am going to replay it and not take meds from the young guy and we see what happen

guys u love cant wait for episode 5
  4. Jun 30, 2014
    I very much enjoyed season 2, as much as season 1. SCORE 85/100.

I do wish it was longer but the plot, action, characters, and variety are as good as the TV show.

At this point, I would probably buy any TellTale point & click adventure set in any universe.
  5. Jun 21, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. [Condensed]

As is often the case, it hasn’t been desperation that has been the worst thing Telltale has crafted in their story thus far, but ironically rather it has been hope. Giving us that hope and then more often than not crushing it, yet still having us dogging along beside the equally dejected characters could be called sadistic if it weren’t a game, and probably still is, but I’m certainly ‘loving’ it- if that’s even that right, related word for matters such as this. I’m hardly enjoying myself or Clem’s trials and troubles, but you know what I mean, surely. As much as I don’t doubt that Telltale could or would kill Clem given the opportunity, I hardly think it would be at the end of this season- although we’ve been shocked before so anything could happen. That having been said, as much as I want to murder Carver and many of his cronies myself, or give the other NPCs a piece of my mind, or see Clem triumph in the end, I know that inevitably and sadly so, there is always going to be at least one human and one zombie out there, and that distinguishing which is the true monster in specific circumstances may be more difficult than anticipated as well. As Christopher Nolan’s Batman said… “Which is worse- being a hero or living long enough to see yourself become the villain?” After this particular episode, I’m drained, but I still remain hopeful against all odds and can’t wait to see into what dark, far reaches the series travels next…

Concept: Continue the desperate tale revolving around Clementine and her interactions with both enemies such as the dead walking and other human beings, as well as her so-called friends and companions- an unknown and unexpected variable or three being inserted along the way.

Graphics: As usual, the same visual scheme can be seen, however for what it is worth the animations did seem somewhat smoother this time around, so maybe there is at least some small improvement to be had thus far as well.

Sound: A dark tone is easily established thanks to the chilling and oftentimes haunting melodies utilized, and the characters’ voices all fit accordingly in with their very looks, actions, and general tones as well which is definitely a plus.

Playability: As with the rest of the series, the controls are never really an issue, although they do always take a little while to get a grasp on for newer players.

Entertainment: This episode definitely featured more fastballs and curveballs than any slow pitches, although it remains to be seen if Clem and Telltale have hit any homeruns just yet, despite getting what is undoubtedly a great start already as the story has progressed thus far.

Replay Value: High.

Overall Score: 8.75

As a final note, which I do not often include in my reviews, I would like to say that thus far- especially apparent in my spate of reviews for this Season alone, the series has definitely continued to improve both in gameplay pacing and storyline. Simply put, look at the progression from Episode One to now- I gave the first an 8.0, the second and 8.5, and this one has elicited a very close series high (for me) of an 8.75. I’m excited to see if we can continue to reach new heights and what highest highs or lowest lows the story will dive or fly to. Until next time, I’ll leave this here review for you all to peruse.
  6. Jun 14, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Telltale delivered us an action-packed episode, that kept emotions at its peek. But there's so much missing. Where's the 2-2h30 lenght? Where's the great character development? Where's the hub moments?
    I excused TTG for a while, but now the game is starting to get dull. At the time you're playing, you feel excited, sad, angry, whatever, but when you recall on what you did, you know you don't give a ****
    Again, TTG made Clementine look like a superhero. We all know of that embarrassing moment when Carlos couldn't figure out how to turn off the wind turbine, but this time it's worse: Clementine can perfectly sneak around adults without making noise, she can deceive everyone, and she isn't even a little afraid of looking Carver right in the eyes.
    Another thing, this episode features some casualties. But without character development, how can you care about when they die? In Season 1, we knew everything about everyone. We knew everyone's jobs, likes, dislikes, habits, age, last names, all that. But in Season 2, we have no indication of any backstory or info on the characters.
  7. Jun 5, 2014
    Okay before I say anything I just want to say I freaking love this series. But anyway, the only thing that I have to complain about this is it was SUPER boring. There was really nothing too exciting, besides Kenny's skull getting smashed in and the end. I'm not saying I hated this, I'm just saying it was really boring up until the end. And I wish I could do something to the guards I meanOkay before I say anything I just want to say I freaking love this series. But anyway, the only thing that I have to complain about this is it was SUPER boring. There was really nothing too exciting, besides Kenny's skull getting smashed in and the end. I'm not saying I hated this, I'm just saying it was really boring up until the end. And I wish I could do something to the guards I mean cut them stab them shoot them or something, I really HATED the guards in here and I couldn't do ANYTHING!!!! It just bugged me so bad, nothing really THAT bad. Just add a little more excitement. Expand
  8. Jun 4, 2014
    Everything seems to be the same formula as before. which is good. But the story is just boring for me. The first episode seemed a lot more interesting and I could Identify with the main character. the game is not bad. but, I think its at the end of its life line
  9. Jun 4, 2014
    Episode 3 is a much improvement over the last one. It seems more gritty and definitely more gory. Although the story for this episode seems a little rushed, it would've been nice for it to drag onto another episode. But the ending was a good lead into the next episode.
  10. May 30, 2014
    I enjoyed this episodes prison break tone. Its good to see telltale trying out different story types.
    While the episode didn't blow my mind, it kept up the good quality that we've seen this season. Carver is a deliciously evil villain and the ending of the episode had me on the edge of my seat.
  11. May 30, 2014
    Awesome sequel to an epic serie. This is the best one of the other episode. i really liked and feel horror. the story is excellent. waiting for new one.
  12. PCR
    May 28, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Whenever I finish an episode of Telltale’s The Walking Dead, I’m left genuinely depressed, and yet, always wanting more. This episode, in particular, is extremely dark and bleak, but that doesn’t mean it is the best.

When the episode starts, you’re in one of the worst situations you’ve been in thus far. You’re being held hostage by Carver, and things aren’t looking good. Clementine is scared, but strong. She can get through anything, even being held hostage in a prison-like camp by Carver and his goons. Carver’s unpredictability kept me on the edge of my seat the entire episode. He’s a ruthless, complex villain who could kill at any second without batting an eye.

Sarah, Carlos’ daughter, is incredibly annoying in this episode. I found myself yelling at my television whenever she talked. If things in this world weren’t the way they are, I’m sure Clem and Sarah would be good friends. However, Clem is wise beyond her years and is much stronger than Sarah. It’s like they come from two different worlds. Sarah was sheltered by her daddy while Clem was left all alone in her treehouse to be rescued by Lee. She may be traumatized, but she’s a stronger person than she ever would have been if her parents hadn’t disappeared and become of the walking dead.

As far as gameplay is concerned, there isn’t much of it in this episode. It seems there is much more watching than interacting, and the decisions you do make don’t seem to have much of an impact on the story (I played through it twice). There is one scene toward the end of the episode that sent chills up my spine. You choose whether or not you want to witness the scene, and you learn a lot about yourself when you look at why you made the decision you did.

While the 90-minute length may be a negative mark for some people, it’s a positive for me, personally. This episode in particular is very punctual and gets right to the point. Not a moment goes by where the player is bored or wondering what to do. My time with games is limited nowadays, so, at times, it’s nice to be able to finish a game in one sitting.

Final Thoughts

Gameplay: The gameplay in this episode is lacking.

Appearance: What you would expect from a Telltale game. I didn’t have as many frame rate issues as I’ve had in previous episodes.

Sound: Jared Emerson-Johnson does a stellar job of setting the mood for the game.

Bottom Line: This is one of the toughest episodes to get through, as many scenes are gruesome and just downright sad. Once you’ve made it through, though, you’ll be anxiously awaiting Episode 4.
  13. May 26, 2014
    I see that nobody wants to give an objective review here, so I will try my best.
    I played all parts from the walking dead and I know this is more of an interactive story, but the recent episode is just a poor excuse, even for an interactive story, even if you consider the quicktime events (the worlds most hated game mechanic), you are barely doing things, I´d say you can act "on your own" for about 10-20% of the episode.
    you aren´t allowed to search anything anymore, you don´t combine anything, the parts where you are actually in control are always the same, go from A to B and pickup/switch on one thing, then the next 10min cutscene starts.
    the pacing is horrible, I caught myself yawning several times because the dialogues were very boring and took forever, without the pressure of popup dialogue options i would have dozed off completely.
    story: 8 of 10
    gameplay (even for an interactive story): 2 of 10
  14. May 23, 2014
    This episode felt very much like a movie. Very few actual interaction from the player, but guess what.......I didn't mind it one bit. I'm pretty sure the developers sprinkle the story with actual cocaine, because every episode is more addictive than the previous one.
  15. May 20, 2014
    Possibly one of the most emotionally moving episode this season. Unlike the previous episodes of this season, I felt as if every single thing I said or did would have major consequences (whether they did or not in the end). This episode was the episode that finally really showed Clementine change from a defenseless little girl, to an independent and intelligent person. Hands down one of myPossibly one of the most emotionally moving episode this season. Unlike the previous episodes of this season, I felt as if every single thing I said or did would have major consequences (whether they did or not in the end). This episode was the episode that finally really showed Clementine change from a defenseless little girl, to an independent and intelligent person. Hands down one of my favorite episodes of both season 1 and 2. Expand
  16. May 18, 2014
    This episode did things I thought the Walking Dead could never do, they proved me wrong and not only knocked the ball out of the park, but completely shattered my perception of what a game is and what they can do.

I don't usually write reviews, but this game shook me to the core. In these short 2 hours you'll experience the most emotional and best written journey I've seen in a game.

99% of movies and top-tier games don't even come close to the emotion and intensity this episode brings.

Not only is this the best written, most intense and the most emotional Episode of The Walking Dead Season 2, it's also the best episode ever created.

And trust me, you'll be very satisfied.
  17. May 17, 2014
    As some of the reviewers have already mentioned what we mainly will notice that Clementine has transformed from a scared little girl in season 1 to a hardened survivor, and is given far more responsibility than ever before. She adapts to the people around her and as the game progresses u feel for the characters. U surely will feel that every one u cared about will eventually end up deadAs some of the reviewers have already mentioned what we mainly will notice that Clementine has transformed from a scared little girl in season 1 to a hardened survivor, and is given far more responsibility than ever before. She adapts to the people around her and as the game progresses u feel for the characters. U surely will feel that every one u cared about will eventually end up dead (walking). Great Job Telltale.! Expand
  18. May 17, 2014
    Episode 3 builds off of the first two episodes and does so to perfection. You are introduced and form a connection with new characters faster than in past installments. The last 20 minutes will have you making major decisions which will forever impact the psyche of Clementine. Tell Tale seems to be getting their act together. I had no glitches or lip synching issues at all. stop readingEpisode 3 builds off of the first two episodes and does so to perfection. You are introduced and form a connection with new characters faster than in past installments. The last 20 minutes will have you making major decisions which will forever impact the psyche of Clementine. Tell Tale seems to be getting their act together. I had no glitches or lip synching issues at all. stop reading this and go play right now! Expand
  19. May 17, 2014
    Great concept, really enjoyed this episode even though I ran through it in under an hour.
    My only gripe is that even though it is made to appear that there are multiple choices, there is nothing that truly makes you wonder if you made the right decision.
    For instance, there is a part of the game where you have to stich up the characters arm, with the aim being to put a sewing needle into the corresponding hovering box. You can't exactly put it anywhere else can you? This happens repeatedly, with the feel of nothing more than clicking at the right time, and in the box.
    It receives a seven, though if there was more multiple choice, would easily gain extra marks.
  20. May 16, 2014
    This is surely one of the best (if not the best) episode that Telltale ever made!!!
    It's full of action, drama and turnabouts just like every other episode but it has SO many of them!
    In this episode you will have to make many hard decisions and witness some of the most dramatic and painful moments to watch! I just love it and I can't wait for episode 4.
  21. May 16, 2014
    Another masterful episode by one of the best story tellers in the world, TellTale Games. From the start it had me emotionally involved, hating some, loving others. It also does a tremendous job of adding the characters from the DLC, but the pay off is great, adding yet another layer of depth to an already incredible game. The ending is also very good, leading well in to the next episode. AAnother masterful episode by one of the best story tellers in the world, TellTale Games. From the start it had me emotionally involved, hating some, loving others. It also does a tremendous job of adding the characters from the DLC, but the pay off is great, adding yet another layer of depth to an already incredible game. The ending is also very good, leading well in to the next episode. A pleasure to spend time to play through. 10/10. Expand
  22. May 16, 2014
    This episode just created an illusion of choice when all it was doing was moving you through scene to scene without really giving you much control over anything. Worst episode of Season 2 so far.
  23. May 16, 2014
    Are you kidding me Telltale?
    Whatever, litterally, whatever you do, the story goes on and on by itself. I litterally did NOTHING, Clem only spoke in the moment she has to say something, but nothing else.
    Are you kidding me Telltale?
    How could you possibly be judged as creator of a good game? This is not a good game. As you said it gives us the perception of being interactive, but it simply not even checked or we are not even forced to chose. It is in other words boring.
    I played all the other games and whatever I would do there was always the story and I was a passive watcher. Ridicolously boring.
  24. May 15, 2014
    After the outstanding episode that was "A House Divided", it was obvious "In Harm's Way" would come a little short. Still, it is another solid episode in the series, although than from the three that had come up till now it is the weakest. It is not only short on meaningful decisions and consequences, but in the shocking moments that make The Walking Dead such a powerful experience. Still,After the outstanding episode that was "A House Divided", it was obvious "In Harm's Way" would come a little short. Still, it is another solid episode in the series, although than from the three that had come up till now it is the weakest. It is not only short on meaningful decisions and consequences, but in the shocking moments that make The Walking Dead such a powerful experience. Still, TWD Season 2: Episode 3 "In Harm's Way" is brutal, wicked and just plain badass.
    The story follows Clementine and her group, now in the hands of Carver and its community. New characters come in, but the most special thing about this episode is how it deals with loyalty. Should you side this character, should you trust this character? The new characters don't have much of a role in Episode 3, but this episodes really questions how much you trust someone. The best part of Episode 3 is definitely the middle-end, where things start to go down south, and Clementine turns into a mercenary (There is no more innocent Clem in this episode, just merciless anti-heroine).
    "In Harm's Way", unfortunately, fails miserably at trying new gameplay elements. QTE's are starting to get either easy or boring, and the new Stealth mechanics are neither tense nor well-developed. There is almost no way to fail. The Walking Dead repeats the error the first season committed: It gives you way too many chances.
    The Walking Dead is shaping up. Episode 1 was good. Episode 2 was amazing. Episode 3 was good. As a whole, The Walking Dead is a great game. Let's hope episode 4 comes quick.
  25. May 15, 2014
    Truly this is the best episode so far. And the darkest. Clementine is definitely not a little girl anymore as we see in the ending of this episode. And the villain in this episode is great. You really hate him, as you supposed to.
  26. May 15, 2014
    Walking Dead is not a game. It's story based walking game where you move your character and interact with people. And it's too overrated. The game is too small and boring. The only thing that matters in this kind of game is emotion to player what this does to player him/herself.
  27. May 15, 2014
    When the first episode comes out, I am quite worried if the whole season 2 will simply become another low quality quick cash grab, just like other famous series of game. However, from episodes 2 and 3, it is glad to see the linkage between the dlc and current episdoes, and the plot is getting much better. All the great feelings from season 1 are coming back.

The only downside is that it

The only downside is that it seems less exploration allowed for player compared to season 1, but the action choices with consequence are great plus in this season.
  28. May 14, 2014
    wow just wow,im really really shocked with this episode,i liked the previous episodes but not as much as this one.I read some of the twitter comments for this episode but i think they're just exaggerating but after i played it,i was shocked too.this is easily one of the best episode of the walking dead game.
  29. May 14, 2014
    Took Telltale long enough, but they finally realized we dont play this game to choose a christmas tree topper.
    The episode is short, and having everyone explain their motivations to Clem feels a little forced at times, but I liked this one as much as I liked the good ones from season 1, and I honestly wasnt expecting that after playing the previous episodes from this season. A little of Kenny goes a long way.
    Solid episode, nice work.
  30. May 14, 2014
    One of my favorite Episodes released yet. Clementine has transformed from a scared little girl in season 1 to a cold-blooded survivor, and is given far more responsibility than we've seen in previous episodes. Also, Michael Madsen does a fantastic job voicing Carter, one of my favorite characters in the series thus far. And man that cliffhanger, can't wait for the next episode.
  31. May 14, 2014
    Runtime : 90 min

Episode 1 day early..wow

Expect Violence..thanks to brutal Carver

It is now easy to shut your team whenever they get into argument,that is what they are doing from s1e1

Manage people with different mindsets

Character Graphics gets better
  32. May 13, 2014
    This review contains spoilers. Its great... a little more graphic in other choices, if you stay to see Bill (Carver) get killed it gets a little graphic. That's not a bad thing though, the world is in hell right now and if you plan to survive you need to make rash decisions and this game owns it. Its my favorite episode and I recommend you get both Season 1 and Season 2 of The Walking Dead. Collapse
  33. May 13, 2014
    Another great entry into the series from Telltale. It's not perfect, but it's good. It has a very good story, visually pleasing graphics and enjoyable gameplay. It is a lot better than s02e01, but doesn't match s02e02.
  34. May 13, 2014
    'In Harm's Way' got me more emotionaly involved than the season's previous episodes. I feared for some, hated others and was intrigued by a fresh face. And when the episode ended on a cliffhanger and the credits rolled, accompanied by the excellent track "Remember Me" by Anadell, that caused the memories of it all to wash over me again. And then I just wanted someone to talk about it.'In Harm's Way' got me more emotionaly involved than the season's previous episodes. I feared for some, hated others and was intrigued by a fresh face. And when the episode ended on a cliffhanger and the credits rolled, accompanied by the excellent track "Remember Me" by Anadell, that caused the memories of it all to wash over me again. And then I just wanted someone to talk about it. Never a bad sign! 10/10 Expand
  35. May 13, 2014
    This episode is truly awesome, TTG has created perfect characters living in the wretched world and how they face the truth: we are living in the world where people are eating each other, one way or another. Good job, TTG. But I gonna say that this episode lacks interactions, it seems a little bit boring but the story covers them all. 9/10.
  36. May 13, 2014
    This episode was very different than previous episodes, in a good way. It has a driven story line with stealthy action scenes. It is a nice change in the walking dead series, with twists at every turn yet you never feel confused. It's the perfect mix.
  37. May 13, 2014

1. Sep 26, 2014
    I guess Telltale wanted to show the world as seen by the child whose whole life depends on adults’ decisions. The result feels like you’re trying to play a game, but someone took your gamepad.
  2. Jul 10, 2014
    However, if you can get past the narrative dissonance introduced for the sake of agency, In Harm’s Way is still a cracking entry in the season with a few super twists, a truly satisfying punch-the-air moment, and an ending which leaves you in no doubt that the momentum started in the previous chapter shows no sign of abating.
    The shortest episode so far but the most intense as well, pushing the moral boundaries towards the extreme.