2.6

1. Mar 19, 2013
    Mediocre graphics, but great voiceovers and cleverly developed storyline and mechanics. Immersive and scary in the tradition of DayZ, and you get to be Daryl -|||

This wasn't a megadevelopment project by EA Games (hey look you weren't robbed!). Regardless, the graphics aren't notable, but they don't really detract from the game once you get into it. It is EXTREMELY immersive. The survival aspects are really fun. If you start firing a rifle in the middle of town, the hordes are coming for you and you're screwed.. this I've never seen in another zombie game! You can use stealth and cunning to more efficiently take zombies out.. it's kind of a sandbox in that you have tasks, but you are free to complete them however you like. Norman Reedus does an outstanding job of doing the voiceovers (sooo much better than what other actors have done in video games!), and his voiceovers aren't just in cut scenes, but also when he's killing zombies or gathering supplies. The storyline is consistent with The Walking Dead. This was done in collaboration with AMC, and was obviously written by the show's writers. Even if it wasn't so much fun, so scary, and so challenging, it's a look into how the Dixon brothers got where they were in Season1 Episode1... and that's some really sweet icing on the cake!
  2. Mar 19, 2013
    Really fun game that keeps you on edge just like the show does. I love the mechanics and how your choices really determine if you live or die. This game is not for you if you are trigger happy. Guns are used sparingly and only in a bind. You draw a herd and you will most likely die. If you love the show... I recommend.
  3. Mar 19, 2013
    To start off, this is no Telltale game so don't expect it to be. Once we got that out of the picture now lets actually look at the game. The game plays fairly well, although the one issue I have is that a lot of times that I hit a walker, it doesn't really feel like the hit connected. Other wise it's solid. Graphics aren't revolutionary but aren't bad either, Voice acting is great, combatTo start off, this is no Telltale game so don't expect it to be. Once we got that out of the picture now lets actually look at the game. The game plays fairly well, although the one issue I have is that a lot of times that I hit a walker, it doesn't really feel like the hit connected. Other wise it's solid. Graphics aren't revolutionary but aren't bad either, Voice acting is great, combat for the most part works and it introduces good survival concepts. All in all it has its flaws but is still fun to play and a must have if you're a fan of the T.V series. Expand
  4. Nov 2, 2013
    If you think that the telltale version is similar to this you are very wrong. The game is not worth 50 bucks, that's why i bought it on sale (50%off). The game-play and voice acting are pretty well done. If you are a fan of the walking dead tv series then this is the game for you. You do need some patients for this game though. Over all this was a pretty fun game.
  5. Apr 20, 2013
    I thoroughly enjoyed the game... and VERY RARELY does a single player game grab my attention. I have played through The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct about 5 times now in attempts to save all the necessary survivors. EVERY time I have played through the game.. I have experienced different content (locations) I was not exposed to before...

I felt the AI was aptly responsive and worked

I felt the AI was aptly responsive and worked very well. This is not the Left 4 Dead series... getting hit means soemthing... Stealth is somewhat required.

Sure, there could be more graphics tweaks, or coop, or pvp... but the game was just released... who knows what they may have in store later. Until then I found the game stimulating and entertaining all around. I also experienced no glitches or bugs.

At the end of the day.. this game was created for hardcore Walking Dead fans... which I am and I love the game.

The game could be salvaged from a "marketing" standpoint quickly by releasing more meaty content for the game.. and not charging the players for it.
  6. May 11, 2013
    This game is so underrated it's not even funny how underrated it is. The game starts off pretty well right away with 30 zombies that do kill you. that's why I give this game a solid eight.
  7. Jun 8, 2014
    Pretty good game, with some neat mechanics. Not really worth all the bad reviews is gets. The graphics are a bit dated and the game is a bit short and repetitive, but if you sit through and play it, it gets pretty intense during the later stages. You get a good feeling with you draw one walker at a time into your trap and take them out with a hunting knife. Will definitely play throughPretty good game, with some neat mechanics. Not really worth all the bad reviews is gets. The graphics are a bit dated and the game is a bit short and repetitive, but if you sit through and play it, it gets pretty intense during the later stages. You get a good feeling with you draw one walker at a time into your trap and take them out with a hunting knife. Will definitely play through again with the some of the bonuses you get when finishing. Expand

1. Jul 10, 2013
    After the excellence of Telltale’s The Walking Dead, it’s clear that Survival Instinct is the weaker of this species.
  2. PC Master (Greece)
    Jun 5, 2013
    What’s frustrating is that Terminal Reality, whether you believe it or not, had laid the foundations for an extraordinary game. WD:SI includes all the activities that a decent zombie survival game should have. [May 2013]
  3. CD-Action
    May 13, 2013
    None of its elements is done well enough. The combat system is primitive and slapdash, there’s practically just one enemy type with several skins and the level design based on simple greyish blocks is trivial. [CD-Action 06/2013, p.68]