8.5

1. Nov 6, 2012
    I am not a huge fan of point-and-click adventures, but i really love this one!
    The story of the melancholic clown and his pet has great moments most of them funny but also some sad.
    The game looks amazing with its handdrawn backrounds and livley animated characters. The sound... That seems to be a problem in the english version but for the german version I can say that thevoice actiong
    is amazing and the music ( which is available at the publishers page) is wonderful.
    I had soem problems with the riddles though some of them are really logical and some are just chaotic.
    But personally I can oversee these flaws, because when I think back at this game, I have to start smiling thinking of the good time I had and then I turn on the soundtrack think about the stunning ending!
  2. Dec 19, 2013
    I love sad Clowns. So i love it. The Game is wonderful illustrated. Good Story, nice Characters. And the best of it is the Main Character, the voices...and i fell tears ofer my skin. :D

1. Jan 3, 2011
    If you are really, really longing for a 2D adventure with lovely hand-drawn graphics, then you'll enjoy The Whispered World for a couple of days. But chances are you'll quickly stop playing and immerse in a much more exciting activity – rummaging through the game's data folder in search of beautiful backgrounds for your desktop.
  2. Dreadful voices. [Aug 2010, p.83]
  3. Beautiful hand-drawn visuals, two adorable main characters and a fabulous story that manages to find the right balance between melancholy and humor make for one of the best traditional adventure games in years.