8.5

1. May 30, 2011
    Trolls are still working! I have to, I just have to write what I think. Rating 1 - 4 can not be serious.
    I read game scores written by "gingerbill. He has not played this game! Or playing in something else. Rating 4? It's a farce! This opinion is the same crap! I do not understand these people. Combat is too simple? Ha .. ha .. ha ... Play the "difficult" "
    And there's very little
    And there's very little character development .. "Man, you do not know what you're talking Or not completely understand the game. This is not another game in the" dressing "a hero. Kid, grow up!

Now, seriously:
    Game is pretty much the best game I've played in about 5 years.
    This game is so god dam deep. Chapter 2 in itself becomes completely different if you side with the other person. Now that is what I call decision making.

Everything about this game is just amazing. The combat is deep yet intuitive once you get the hang of it. It may be difficult at times but its one of the reasons why its so good. The story so far is really good and filled with interesting characters, monsters, and locations. Even in the first chapter you can see how the story can branch off and change things.
    The atmosphere in this game is also great. Seeing enemies crawling down trees to attack you, or hearing a loud roar behind you and then seeing a bunch of humanoid monsters running at you. Its all really well done. I've even just spent time walking around the towns listening to conversations and people telling stories. I hope other developers take notes, because this is how an RPG should be made.
  2. May 30, 2011
    Great game! It is something more than the usual RPG.
    I recommend to all who are looking for unforgettable entertainment. Beautiful graphics, interesting story, exciting combat. Sometimes I forget that this is a game. :) Maybe too short. But ... has 16 endings.
    My rating 9.5 -10.
  3. May 31, 2011
    Despite some minor flaws and disappointing epilogue TW2 is a very good game. Challenging combat system, intriguing story, no black-and-white world, interesting characters, great dialogues, no-linear story, absolutely amazing animations and stunning graphics. That's more than enough to give it very good score. I read some reviews and it seems most people who are rating it low are too lazyDespite some minor flaws and disappointing epilogue TW2 is a very good game. Challenging combat system, intriguing story, no black-and-white world, interesting characters, great dialogues, no-linear story, absolutely amazing animations and stunning graphics. That's more than enough to give it very good score. I read some reviews and it seems most people who are rating it low are too lazy to read manual. Expand
  4. Jun 4, 2011
    Let's look at this game for what it is and try and dispel a few unworthy comparisons; firstly for the newcomers to the Witcher series, yes I think it does help if you've played the first one - one of the better decision based RPGs (where small decision mattered and could affect gameplay) and no, it didn't copy DA:O -- it was 2 years before, weâ
  5. Jun 3, 2011
    CD Projekt's work is, once again, amazing - and not simply just the game, their after-sale/release support and service is top notch, fixing issues quickly and giving customers an excellent gaming experience. The Witcher 2 is beautiful, not just visually but for once we have a game that doesn't feel the need to blatantly state EVERY SINGLE LITTLE PLOT DETAIL IN CAPS. This is perhaps mostCD Projekt's work is, once again, amazing - and not simply just the game, their after-sale/release support and service is top notch, fixing issues quickly and giving customers an excellent gaming experience. The Witcher 2 is beautiful, not just visually but for once we have a game that doesn't feel the need to blatantly state EVERY SINGLE LITTLE PLOT DETAIL IN CAPS. This is perhaps most prominent in the beginning; they let you piece what is going on bit by bit, without treating you like a moronic twelve year old. This truly is for a mature audience - and I love it. Expand
  6. Jun 20, 2011
    great game - story line really seemed meaningful (made you think b4 u decided and great story branches for replay value etc), you developed some great connections with the NPCs ingame, the graphics and overall atmosphere was pretty cool. Combat mechanics probably the weakest point - while good didn't quite hold its excitement towards the end of the game (cast quen - whack some bad guys -great game - story line really seemed meaningful (made you think b4 u decided and great story branches for replay value etc), you developed some great connections with the NPCs ingame, the graphics and overall atmosphere was pretty cool. Combat mechanics probably the weakest point - while good didn't quite hold its excitement towards the end of the game (cast quen - whack some bad guys - cast quen again - whack some more bad guys etc). Expand
  7. Jun 25, 2011
    I don't even know how long I have waited to play this game and I have not been disappointed. It's different to 1, and I still remember everything from 1 it was that epic. I have had to really play again, its the days of old where a game punished you for getting it wrong. I had to prove I can play to get further. The storyline is epic and minor issues I have are minor, the overallI don't even know how long I have waited to play this game and I have not been disappointed. It's different to 1, and I still remember everything from 1 it was that epic. I have had to really play again, its the days of old where a game punished you for getting it wrong. I had to prove I can play to get further. The storyline is epic and minor issues I have are minor, the overall experiance has been awesome just like witcher 1. Expand
  8. Jun 28, 2011
    Miles above from DA2 and the few other new released RPGs, this game is what i call a worthy RPG demigod. Storyline feels as solid as the first if better and the depth has been driven further in making sure that you feel that you are really playing every part possible in char development. I tried DA2 and got bored in like 5 hours, this one i have already filled up 20 hours, i am taking myMiles above from DA2 and the few other new released RPGs, this game is what i call a worthy RPG demigod. Storyline feels as solid as the first if better and the depth has been driven further in making sure that you feel that you are really playing every part possible in char development. I tried DA2 and got bored in like 5 hours, this one i have already filled up 20 hours, i am taking my time in working my way through this one. Money well spent. Expand
  9. Jul 8, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Strong hit from CD Project. Mature, gripping and cinematic story which you can immerse without being disturbed by any unexpected breaks. Great environment (of course if you have devastating PC), interesting characters and definitely huge replayability. Many skills, not so many items and equipment, but we can see progress compering to The Witcher. Yes, I know that fight might be annoying and difficult but usually only at the beginning - of course if you understand that this is RPG not an action game. Expand
  10. Aug 28, 2011
    Wow! That was the first thing I thought when I started my first play through of The Witcher 2. Going from the meh animations and graphics in The Witcher 1 to the breath taking graphics of The Witcher 2 instantly tipped me off to how great this game was going to be to play. I donâ
  11. Nov 21, 2011
    I wish DragonAge 2 had been more like this one. A compelling story, lots of content and areas to explore. The soundtrack I found to be wonderful. I'm really hoping we get some downloadable content for this game because I'd like to come back to it.
  12. Mar 20, 2012
    After playing The Witcher 1 and reading what few of the books that have been translated into English; I pretty much knew what to expect in this cRPG. A mostly pre-made character, tons of grey characters, sex, violence, and an extremely provocative story. I was not disappointed. Fans of Skyrim (pretty much everybody and their moms) might not like this game, as it does not give you nearlyAfter playing The Witcher 1 and reading what few of the books that have been translated into English; I pretty much knew what to expect in this cRPG. A mostly pre-made character, tons of grey characters, sex, violence, and an extremely provocative story. I was not disappointed. Fans of Skyrim (pretty much everybody and their moms) might not like this game, as it does not give you nearly the same freedom, but that's okay because the story, combat, and characters surpass Bethesda's "masterpiece" by a huge margin. The presentation here is astounding. To top it all off the graphics are incredible. The engine might not be as robust as DICE's Frostbite 2's, but the artwork and attention to detail are simply astounding.

The only drawbacks to this game are a frustratingly difficult first act, some odd translation issues with expressions and dialogue options that don't make sense, and a rushed ending. I'll elaborate on the ending. It is good and very satisfying, but the third act initially seems like it was supposed to be much longer, and the end comes rather abruptly. The Enhanced edition seems like it will address these issues, and it is coming out next month. I highly recommend this game if you are a fan of low magic, dark-ish fantasy, and great writing. If you would prefer a more traditional, blank-slate cRPG with much crappier writing, then play Skyrim.
  13. Feb 18, 2012
    The best graphics. Es un gran juego, tiene una historia adulta, y un juego como ninguno otro, te gustará mucho, pero sin duda, perdió la magia de su precuela.
  14. May 17, 2011
    CDPR once again return to the dark and seedy world of The Witcher. This time though they have dug deeper in to the machinations and politics of the world and presented a game that not only improves in every way over their impressive debut, but have created what is a true classic in the genre.

Every aspect of th game shines. Beautiful art design, impressive graphics, a moving and rich music score, well acted and exceptionally well written dialog. A plot that slowly unveils its secret all the while sucking you further in to a fantasy world reminiscent of LoTR and classic DnD only coloured by a brooding and adult pallet of sex, violence, racism, and no clear sense of right and wrong.

The Witcher 2 not only lives up to the reputation of its predecessor, but exceeds expectations of a loyal and devoted fan base.

Long live the new kings of the modern RPG. CD Projekt Red have created a masterpiece,. A challenging, rich and detailed game sure to please true RPG fans sick of watered down, and simplified games that have come to dominate the genre this generation.

An instant classic deserving of your money and time

9.5 out of 10
  15. May 17, 2011
    A real dark and Mature game with awesome graphics, fantastic locations, the characters are complex, and a perfect story with great inmersion, where u have many choices and the game acknowledged them, excellent dialogues and good VA, CD Projekt made this game with the fans on mind making the best cRPG that i have played in years, the free dlc are vey good, NOT a 10 because the combat is aA real dark and Mature game with awesome graphics, fantastic locations, the characters are complex, and a perfect story with great inmersion, where u have many choices and the game acknowledged them, excellent dialogues and good VA, CD Projekt made this game with the fans on mind making the best cRPG that i have played in years, the free dlc are vey good, NOT a 10 because the combat is a little clumsy in MY opinion but even that u will enjoy this game for many hours, I haven't finished this but a great game a sure nominated to GOTY. Expand
  16. May 17, 2011
    Que jogao!!!
    Fico triste a Bioware entrar so pra negativar o jogo sera que e inveja ?
    eu acho que sim.

To gostanto muito do game o jogo bom mesmo pode comprar mesmo.
  17. May 17, 2011
    This is one of the best RPGs in years, and puts a certain well-known company to shame. CD Projekt created a hit with The Witcher 1, but they've created a masterpiece with The Witcher 2.

Pros: Great voice acting Great script Choices you make are not always black and white, and can come back to bite you in the ass later Combat and inventory management are much improved over the original

Pros:
    Great voice acting
    Great script
    Combat and inventory management are much improved over the original
    Creative quests
    Incredible music
    Outstanding graphics, this is the Crysis of RPGs.

Cons-
    Occasional glitchy animations and pathfinding
  18. May 24, 2011
    this game pretend to be game of the year. why? it's not perfect, got some flaws. but i can count by fingers on my hand games, that have soul and will be remembered very long time. trust me Witcher saga will be. put those DA or Skyrims away with their boring gameplay, made for cash. real games created with passion are very rare today. it's in our hand to help small studios like CD Projektthis game pretend to be game of the year. why? it's not perfect, got some flaws. but i can count by fingers on my hand games, that have soul and will be remembered very long time. trust me Witcher saga will be. put those DA or Skyrims away with their boring gameplay, made for cash. real games created with passion are very rare today. it's in our hand to help small studios like CD Projekt with their awesome work in future.

and everybody now f*** Jim Sterling (from Destructoid) who gave 6/10 to this game. propably no balls or no skills or both. probs he took cash for it from someone.
  19. May 17, 2011
    The best game i have ever play. Best storyline, best music, best fighting system, best graphic... And more. I thought first Witcher was very good game, but Assassins of Kings are better in everything.
  20. May 17, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After Planescape: Torment this is absolutely masterpiece. About Dragon Age - it is a good game but... childish with large amount of blood. Now reading Sapkowski's book's about Witcher :)) Expand
  21. Mar 19, 2012
    This game is truly one of the best RPG's i have ever in my entire life played. The graphics are amazing, the story was magnificent and it truly is a great sequel to TW1. This game deserves all the praise it gets and more. I can't wait for another game from these developers they truly do know how to make a PC and RPG game.
  22. May 18, 2011
    I'm only giving this game a 10 to balance out all the trolls who try to impersonate "Bioware employees" and attempt to make the company look bad. Though I don't think the Witcher 2 is quite exactly deserving of a perfect score, it comes quite close. The new graphics engine, cinematic presentation, varied full-fleshed out gameplay, and dynamic story make the game one of the best RPG I'veI'm only giving this game a 10 to balance out all the trolls who try to impersonate "Bioware employees" and attempt to make the company look bad. Though I don't think the Witcher 2 is quite exactly deserving of a perfect score, it comes quite close. The new graphics engine, cinematic presentation, varied full-fleshed out gameplay, and dynamic story make the game one of the best RPG I've played in recent years. It's not only a big improvement from its predecessor, but also a game that pushes the frontiers and expectations of modern RPGs.
    However it does have a couple of minor flaws. First of all, the game can be quite difficult, even on the easiest levels. It challenges you play tactically and figure out how to take each enemy down without getting yourself killed, but sometimes you may be killed on multiple instances before you finally pass a combat sequence. Also, the introduction doesn't give much of a tutorial, so beginners may find the game initially a bit confusing. All in all though, the Witcher 2 is a superb game that pushes the genre in its own way.
  23. May 17, 2011
    One of the best rpgs this ever. Great graphics, non linear story and challenging combat. Characters are deep and interesting. The Witcher 1 was great, but TW2 seems to be even better. GOTY 2011
  24. May 17, 2011
    Even The Witcher 1 is better than any Dragon Age ever will be. And these guys actually know how to make a worthy sequel. CD Project: Assasins of Bioware
  25. May 18, 2011
    Can we at last put tot bed that games like Jade Empire, Mass Effect and Dragon Age are NOT real cRPG's! This game and it's predecessor, along with Skyrim later in the year, show that Bioware and others now release Action-Adventures and call them RPG's when they are not! Thank god for European publishers like CD Projekt, that still give us deep, mature PC cRPG's like the good old days!
  26. May 30, 2011
    This is the best RPG I've played in a long time. With respect to game play mechanics, they fixed many aspects of combat that I didn't care for in W1, improved crafting, and made resting less of a chore. Where the Witcher 2 really stands out, however, is in the time taken to setup the story, introduce characters, and develop a connection to the player. Your character is faced with a numberThis is the best RPG I've played in a long time. With respect to game play mechanics, they fixed many aspects of combat that I didn't care for in W1, improved crafting, and made resting less of a chore. Where the Witcher 2 really stands out, however, is in the time taken to setup the story, introduce characters, and develop a connection to the player. Your character is faced with a number of interesting decisions which tend to entirely avoid what has become the traditional 'kick puppy / hug puppy' syndrome in many modern RPGs. Instead, the player is forced to make tough decisions, often without having all necessary information. As a result there were points throughout the game where I was genuinely conflicted about who to side with or which character to let live. This makes for a great gaming experience and leaves a lot of room for additional playthroughs. Finally, the graphics are great. The game shows that it is indeed possible to have excellent visuals while still providing a superb story and exciting game play. All in all definitely GOTY material and I hope its success helps to push certain other developers back toward producing quality games instead of focusing solely on quarterly profits. Expand
  27. May 17, 2011
    I am absolutely sickened by all the 0 scores. Utterly ridiculous. Even if you disliked this game and thought it had faults, you cannot score it a 0 and be taken seriously. Had you scored it 5 or 6 and then posted legitimate complaints..then yes. Otherwise, you are a fanboy of Bioware or something and wish to try to damage this game. You won't succeed. This game is incredible.I am absolutely sickened by all the 0 scores. Utterly ridiculous. Even if you disliked this game and thought it had faults, you cannot score it a 0 and be taken seriously. Had you scored it 5 or 6 and then posted legitimate complaints..then yes. Otherwise, you are a fanboy of Bioware or something and wish to try to damage this game. You won't succeed. This game is incredible. Incredible gameplay, graphics, story (so far), combat..everything. Much improved over TW1 and is the king of the hill right now, easily. Expand
  28. May 17, 2011
    Excellent game, certainly GOTY so far from me and I'm only a few hours in.

The graphics are a huge improvement over the original and it isn't as big of a drag in the beginning which is a huge plus.
  29. May 28, 2011
    Witcher 2 is easily the best cRPG since the great classics like Fallout 1/2 or Planescape:Torment. The game developed upon its predecessor and carried over all its merits and improved all its faults. The most obvious thing when you see the game is that it's absolutely beautiful. There may be games which have more technologically sophisticated rendering engines but I doubt they haveWitcher 2 is easily the best cRPG since the great classics like Fallout 1/2 or Planescape:Torment. The game developed upon its predecessor and carried over all its merits and improved all its faults. The most obvious thing when you see the game is that it's absolutely beautiful. There may be games which have more technologically sophisticated rendering engines but I doubt they have anywhere as good art direction. My only complaint is that the architecture was better in W1. Still, Witcher 2 looks gorgeous. The story is the central and most important feature of the game. And it's also one of the greatest stories ever told on a computer screen. The player has a wide degree of control over how it develops: your choices do matter. Unlike in most rpg games, the story actually branches, the choices aren't only flavour,where only the colour of your allies' uniforms depends on what you select. This is the most ambitious take on incorporating choice and consequence in the history of cRPGs. There are even locations that are only accessible in a specific branch of the story. I really hope that this becomes a new standard for RPGs.

The interaction with the gameworld is done really nicely. This is an Action RPG, so the combat is quite dynamic and, on "hard" difficulty it requires both manual and tactical skills. The game can be pretty hard and require some flexibility, which only adds to the satisfaction of beating a tough opponent. Aside from combat, most of the time you'll be talking to people. The dialogues are done Mass-Effect-style, where you only choose a short version of the dialogue. This is handled better than in ME with no insta-win blue/red option and the short versions actually do correspond with what the protagonist will say. However, the conversation animations aren't as good as in ME, which is a shame, since dialogue is much more important and meaningful in The Witcher. The dialogues are well-written and the characters are memorable. You will also play some mini-games: fist fighting, armwrestling and dice poker, which are done quite well. The quests in the game are really varied, with no real fed-ex quests, often offering surprising twists, multiple solutions and multiple outcomes. And these translate into the story taking you into different directions.

You will also be travelling a lot, but not as much as in TW1, thankfully. The gameworld lives and breathes and oozes atmoshpere. It's easily the best attempt at creating an illusion of a living society in an RPG.

Your character, Geralt of Rivia, a professional monster slayer, can develop in 3 ways: as a swordmaster, as an alchemist or as a magician. You will always a remain a witcher - a sword fighting mutant, but depending on which way you want to develop, the gameplay will be slightly different.

The game is not perfect: there are minor glitches and it may be difficult for casual players. But even so Witcher 2 stomps its contemporary competition into the ground. BioWare, Obsidian and Bethesda should all watch and learn, since this is a new quality for this genre.
  30. Jun 1, 2011
    Really a fantastic game. Once you get first chapter, and you've got the hang of the combat, the game is just as engaging as Mass Effect 2. As long as you have the PC to run it, buy this game.
  31. Mar 26, 2012
    Likely one of the best RPGs I've ever played, and I've played most of the major ones of the last decade (DAO, Oblivion, Skyrim, Deus Ex: HR). What's most remarkable is how your choices truly do have a major impact on the world: it's not a gimmick or half-gimmick like so many modern RPGs (which often give you the illusion of choice, then railroad your choices as you approach the ending). ItLikely one of the best RPGs I've ever played, and I've played most of the major ones of the last decade (DAO, Oblivion, Skyrim, Deus Ex: HR). What's most remarkable is how your choices truly do have a major impact on the world: it's not a gimmick or half-gimmick like so many modern RPGs (which often give you the illusion of choice, then railroad your choices as you approach the ending). It certainly should have scored higher than Dragon Age: Origins, that's a testament to the flaws of "expert" reviews. Expand
  32. Jun 20, 2011
    One word to describe it all epic .A little known developer has created a FANTASTIC RPG .Bioware should learn . Many are complaining about the difficulty but its not affecting me.The witcher 2 s graphics make dragon age 2 many generations old.Hats off to CD Projekt Red Studio.This really is a game of the year material.One complain though is that of the inventory and casting ofOne word to describe it all epic .A little known developer has created a FANTASTIC RPG .Bioware should learn . Many are complaining about the difficulty but its not affecting me.The witcher 2 s graphics make dragon age 2 many generations old.Hats off to CD Projekt Red Studio.This really is a game of the year material.One complain though is that of the inventory and casting of spells..While dragon age 2 was a letdown wheres witcher 2 steps into another gear.The atmosphere & environment is great.It makes you sit out and enjoy the environment.The trend is changing .Its not always about the big developers.Along with the price tag I Recommend it to all .Witcher 2 is really anti-bioware material.Bioware u listening Expand
  33. Jun 10, 2011
    The Witcher 2 truly is a great sequel to an already wonderful game, the combat finally makes sense and the story is exhilarating. Shame about about the ending though.
  34. Feb 13, 2012
    Superb game. Awesome unique world of Witcher: tough, brutal, racism, sexism, bloody true medieval for mature players.
    Gameplay is very addicitive but very easy to absorb in. You should think and find a way for a victory for the each enemy you would fight( humans, and monsters( for example ctulhu-kraken boss). Story is awesome. You always surrounded by your friends( Zoltan, Sexy Triss). Its one of the best storyline i ever played. And ofcourse its non-linear!

Graphic is tough too. Vert good art job, style and HD textures. Id like nake many screenshots that look like photos while i playing it!
    Summary - its good alternative for each mature player, whose remember old-schoo rpg but wanna new features( like graphic, battle system, and dialogue). Its not like Skyrim( not soo endless) and not like bioware( here in Witcher not copy paste location and characters. Its made with a soul, i thought) but the unique new way of rpg!
  35. May 18, 2012
    Let me start off by saying this game is not for everyone. If you want a lot of choice and open world exploration this may not be what you're looking for. This is also not an easy game to follow; I frequently felt lost in the story and kept mixing up all the places and characters etc and I've played The Witcher 1. Finally, the combat is not easy, and depending on which options you choose atLet me start off by saying this game is not for everyone. If you want a lot of choice and open world exploration this may not be what you're looking for. This is also not an easy game to follow; I frequently felt lost in the story and kept mixing up all the places and characters etc and I've played The Witcher 1. Finally, the combat is not easy, and depending on which options you choose at the start, you could be in for a baptism by fire.

If you can get past these issues, then you will find a gem of a game that shines bright in a genre of wannabes and pretenders. This game makes BioWare games look tame and pedestrian in comparison. Where BioWare toes the line with sex, racism, language, and other racy topics, The Witcher 2 breaks through all barriers. This game does not mince words and it will make the competition just seem bland when you see how raw and honest it feels. From the graphics, which are visceral and gorgeous to the dialogue to the atmosphere to the amazing music, the Witcher 2 nails it. This is the type of game that you play and then every other RPG seems less fun and you wonder how you ever withstood the dialogue and melodrama. it breaks the cookie-cutter molds of RPGs that you see released like Madden games.

In many ways it reminds me of Knights of the Old Republic; KOTOR was a game that brought Western RPGs back into the mainstream in an industry dominated by cutesy Japanese animes.

In summary, this game is different. For better or worse it tried to do something amazing and that will alienate some people but I loved it and heartily recommend it to any fan of the genre.
  36. May 18, 2011
    Combat: You feel vulnerable. Some people dislike that (generally people that enjoy super-streamlined games), but to me it adds not only a sense of skill and challenge but makes the world actually feel as dangerous as it should. You don't just slash through things, its both tactical and reflexive. Contrary to what people who clearly are very novice in combat have said, you don't have toCombat: You feel vulnerable. Some people dislike that (generally people that enjoy super-streamlined games), but to me it adds not only a sense of skill and challenge but makes the world actually feel as dangerous as it should. You don't just slash through things, its both tactical and reflexive. Contrary to what people who clearly are very novice in combat have said, you don't have to "run away", you dodge and circle, only retreating to reposition yourself when needed. It's undoubtedly more active and engaging than that of other typical rpgs like the elder scrolls series and dragon age.
    Character Development: More streamlined than some, less streamlined than others. However, there's no optimal build tedium and you get to play the style you want so there's little to complain about.
    Storyline: From a summarized synopsis the overall story is pretty typical and nothing new, however on the "micro" level (as you play through) the way it unfolds and the subplots that develop are at least pretty good if not very good.
    Overall: It's closer to open ended than linear and there's a ton of choice which affects gameplay far more than in any other rpg that comes to mind. Content wise, I'd say it's pretty stacked and can't think of a single area where it gets skimpy. All in all, in comparison to the generic, overly simplistic games that dominate the market now with cash being the primary concern of developers, this game is the best grab I've made in a very long time.
  37. Jun 12, 2011
    Pros:
    - Great battle system
    - A wide array of weapons, items, and armors to choose from; an improvement from The Witcher 1 - Great narration of the story - Powerful voice-acting and dialogues - Overall very deep immersion - Diverse and serious quests Cons - A bit too short. Add 10 more hours to this and it'll probably become one of the best RPG ever - Initial chapters were a bit
    Pros:
    - Great battle system
    - Great narration of the story
    - Powerful voice-acting and dialogues
    - Overall very deep immersion
    - Diverse and serious quests

Cons
    - Initial chapters were a bit too difficult
  38. Jun 2, 2011
    The first game in years to make my PC beg for mercy is also one of the finest examples of action Role Playing ever created. From the very start, The Witcher 2 just oozes atmosphere and finally brings back the true RPG experience from yesteryear. Yes, it can be challenging though not on simple 1 dimensional level , challenge comes in many forms not just from combat, you also are submittedThe first game in years to make my PC beg for mercy is also one of the finest examples of action Role Playing ever created. From the very start, The Witcher 2 just oozes atmosphere and finally brings back the true RPG experience from yesteryear. Yes, it can be challenging though not on simple 1 dimensional level , challenge comes in many forms not just from combat, you also are submitted to difficult choices and then experience the aftermath of your actions.

Don't expect any hand Holding - This is not an interactive movie disguised as an RPG.

Ever notice why some of these low ranking reviews only contain press release screenshots? Me too.....

39. Oct 7, 2011
    In short, one the greatest RPG's of all time. Terrifically immersing world and story, believable and original characters, a staggering number of choices and consequences, and challenging gameplay to boot. A must play for fans of the Fanatasy RPG genre.
  40. May 18, 2011
    Amazing game. Finally an rpg that makes you "WOW" every minute, be it when you go to a new area, explore a cave, fight a powerful foe or romance with your partner. This game is easily the new standard in rpg's, nothing comes remotely close to it. The only cons are the QTE's, the finishing moves and some disappointing UI inventory limitations.
  41. May 29, 2011
    The Witcher 2 might just be the best fantasy game I've ever played. The graphics and presentation in general, from the voice acting to the soundtrack are all top notch, and the questing is greatly improved over the first game and far better than many other fantasy games that make up for a lack of imagination with lots of repetition (Dragon Age 2 in particular). The combat is also far moreThe Witcher 2 might just be the best fantasy game I've ever played. The graphics and presentation in general, from the voice acting to the soundtrack are all top notch, and the questing is greatly improved over the first game and far better than many other fantasy games that make up for a lack of imagination with lots of repetition (Dragon Age 2 in particular). The combat is also far more active than many fantasy RPGs, with a perfect level of difficulty on the normal setting that keeps combat tense and exciting for the 30+ hour adventure, and the multiple playthroughs that follow. But the obvious highlight of the game is the story, which is far more mature than many other supposedly "dark" videogame stories. Filled with memorable characters, awesome epic battles, lots of political intrigue as well as an incredible number of morally ambiguous choices to make that will greatly affect how the game unfolds, the story in TW2 is one of the best stories in a videogame ever, only slightly surpassing that of Dragon Age 2 thanks to the fact that all the story elements in TW2 are connected to the overarching plot, unlike DA2, which felt more like 3 separate stories all meshed together. Overall, TW2 is simply an amazing game and a serious contender for GOTY. It's got beauty, action, story and lots of replay value, and it should not be missed by anyone who values a good story-driven action RPG, or just a great game in general. Expand
  42. May 29, 2011
    RPG fans, get ready to be blown away by one of the best and challenging RPGs
    The Witcher 2 is huge, immersive, beautiful, challenging and adult game.
    The story is complex and interesting, the fights are sometimes hard, so you have to use tactics and drink potions before a fight or before entering a dark cave, lots of quests and lots of locations to explore. with Witcher 2 you'll have lots
    RPG fans, get ready to be blown away by one of the best and challenging RPGs
    The Witcher 2 is huge, immersive, beautiful, challenging and adult game.
    with Witcher 2 you'll have lots of gameplay time, so get ready for a long game people! :)
  43. Jun 2, 2011
    This game is the most best game rpg that I played(but BG is classic...). She has many variation of history, her need to replay that to see new character, new location, because 2 and 3 chapter different.
  44. May 15, 2012
    One of the best rpg what I have played ever. great stroytelling, a complette fight system although doesnt be easy to use. Great charachters, great quests. guess there was some points where the game wasnt perfect but now with EE this game became to near perfect. :)
  45. Sep 30, 2011
    With the release of Patch 2.0 I think this game deserves the 10 point. The amounts of extra content they have put in is amazing, for free too! I think this is the GOTY of this year. You can barely find any glitch in the game despite the size of it. Bioware can start taking notes, dammit! This is what a complete, great RPG is.
  46. Jun 3, 2011
    This game is short of flaws. As soon as it's picked up, it pulls you in. Immense story. Great characters. Amazing enviroment. Slightly linear, but easily overlooked. Definite contender for GOTY.
  47. May 18, 2011
    CDProjekt have made fools of Bioware with this game. This game is a good standard bearer for any company who needs an example of how to make a sequel. They have taken all that was great about the first game, carefully (and selectively) listened to the community criticisms and pretty much improved all aspects of the game in this sequel. This is the sort of RPG that I like to play, huge,CDProjekt have made fools of Bioware with this game. This game is a good standard bearer for any company who needs an example of how to make a sequel. They have taken all that was great about the first game, carefully (and selectively) listened to the community criticisms and pretty much improved all aspects of the game in this sequel. This is the sort of RPG that I like to play, huge, varied, incredibly detailed, superb graphics, great story and brilliant voice acting. I have played the game so far for 20+ hours and still have plenty to do. It certainly doesn't have the length of something like Oblivion or Dragon Age origins, but it does make up for it with it's detail and story which make it a pleasure to play. I can only hope that they do eventually release the SDK for the PC Modding community, because quite frankly that is the only thing that stops me from giving this game a 10 rating. Expand
  48. May 18, 2011
    Stellar Atmosphere, Great Audio Effects, and Captivating Story. When I first installed the Witcher 2, those traits are what grabbed me. At the end of November and the beginning of December, I preordered my collector's addition at Gamestop. I am slightly disappointed at the package material used to contain my items. The black "fuzziness" coats the bust. At once, I noticed how much of aStellar Atmosphere, Great Audio Effects, and Captivating Story. When I first installed the Witcher 2, those traits are what grabbed me. At the end of November and the beginning of December, I preordered my collector's addition at Gamestop. I am slightly disappointed at the package material used to contain my items. The black "fuzziness" coats the bust. At once, I noticed how much of a challenge that TW 2's combat serves. On normal, a player needs to make use of the alchemy system. A player needs to think ahead with the potions that they consume.

Some annoyances with the auto save game feature brought my score down. Each time a player autosaves it creates a new save. The "game-guide" is slightly out of date. Locking on a target can prove to be a burden. For example, he will sometimes try to put out a torch instead of attacking the target. The serial codes came printed with "0" instead of a capital "o". Almost every time I log in I notice that the server is done. However, CDProjekt is working to fix those issues.
  49. May 18, 2012
    The best game I have ever played. And I have played A LOT of different games. Great story, combat, graphics. Simply everything. Worth playing multiple times.
  50. May 17, 2011
    This game is simply amazing. Very captivating story and beautiful graphics. Totally worth its price and more. CDProjekt also promised all future DLCs to be free! What a bargain! This game is worth every penny spent on it and even upgrading your PC just to experience it.

Also, its funny seeing several butthurt fanboys / trolls giving this game 0/10. Don't even read what they write. They are full of rubbish =P.
  51. SDF
    May 18, 2011
    The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings is a fantastic, epic spanning RPG, worthy of any PC Gamerâ
  52. May 18, 2011
    After installing the game I found that, like most people, the game did not run so well. I did some digging on the internet and found that a few people had solved their FPS issues by updating their Nvidia GFX drivers to beta versions of future drivers. This, ultimately solved my main FPS issue, after some settings tweaking I have the game running at a fairly nice FPS. This and one or twoAfter installing the game I found that, like most people, the game did not run so well. I did some digging on the internet and found that a few people had solved their FPS issues by updating their Nvidia GFX drivers to beta versions of future drivers. This, ultimately solved my main FPS issue, after some settings tweaking I have the game running at a fairly nice FPS. This and one or two crashes here or there are the sole reason I am giving this game a 9/10. If it were not for the initial issues I and other people experienced I'd have given it a 10/10.

Aside everything else, this game is absolutely fantastic. A wonderful addition to the Witcher series and a brilliant continuation of the story (from what I have played so far). The game looks sublime and the writing, scripting and vocal work is great. The combat is in my opinion a better than that of it's predecessor, allowing for more fluid and action packed fights, with the ability to mix things up if you need too, which you will because this game will eat you alive, so you will need to think tactically about your fights and prepare accordingly. If you rush head on into things without thinking or preparing, you WILL die. This makes the game actually challenging, which is unlike games these days. I'm currently playing through on normal difficulty and I'm not ashamed to say I'm having my ass kicked, and I'm a Witcher veteran. This game does not hold your hand and spoon feed you.

If this game doesn't make GOTY then there is something direly wrong with people. I sincerely hope this game is also nominated for lots of awards, because it deserves it. Developers putting time and effort into making their games great is another thing you don't see a lot of these days.

I tip my hat to you, CDprojekt.
  53. May 18, 2011
    Visually stunning game even on low settings. I have only played past the prologue but already i can see how much choices you have, and how they have a difinite impact on the game. A seemingly insignificant choice early creates a cut scene and an opportunity later - one that you wouldn't expect. You can miss entire areas and not really know - it pays to explore!

One of the first rpgs

One of the first rpgs that i've really listened to all the conversations, made me laugh out loud. So far so good - high quality game. the combat is difficult, but satisfiying once you work out to use signs and potions effectively. With a bit of work you won't be touched in combat.
  54. May 18, 2011
    Best RPG this year. Fantastic graphic with epic story. This game is enormous, campaing will last for 40 hours. It's so much better than dragon age 2. Hope it sell well cause i want see Witcher 3.
  55. May 19, 2011
    As we see, polish artist and developers are able to create work of art which is dazzling and interesting even experienced players. There is so many freshness, deep plot and not easy fight mode. But I think that every player should try to read books of Andrew Sapkowski or at least play in first part of The Witcher (because of understanding of plot). Thanks CD PROJEKT RED for this game.As we see, polish artist and developers are able to create work of art which is dazzling and interesting even experienced players. There is so many freshness, deep plot and not easy fight mode. But I think that every player should try to read books of Andrew Sapkowski or at least play in first part of The Witcher (because of understanding of plot). Thanks CD PROJEKT RED for this game. Congratulations. Expand
  56. Jun 4, 2011
    99.9 Amazing game it continue the absolutely magnificent story of the witcher 1 every choose you make in the game influence your ending and you will never know if what you did was the right thing after you beat the game a few time you will still have thing to discover weapon to find and quest to make probably the only real revelation of 2011 so far
  57. May 24, 2011
    This game is simply amazing but with a few flaws which is why i don't give it a 10. The environments are constrictive(not enough freedom) and the game is too short imo(about 24 hours without side quests, 40 hours with). BUT in every other way this is the BEST rpg ive ever played. The gameplay, meaningful choices, story, atmosphere, characters, graphics are all wonderful. Hats offThis game is simply amazing but with a few flaws which is why i don't give it a 10. The environments are constrictive(not enough freedom) and the game is too short imo(about 24 hours without side quests, 40 hours with). BUT in every other way this is the BEST rpg ive ever played. The gameplay, meaningful choices, story, atmosphere, characters, graphics are all wonderful. Hats off CDproject. And Iorveth rocks. Expand
  58. May 29, 2011
    I tried this game out without first playing Witcher 1 and initially sympathized with negative criticisms put forth by the few who seem to find this game lacking. Upon my second play through, the story came together and the combat style really sunk in. I can't believe how well done this game is. Some players find the steep learning curve to be a flaw, but I think it's yet another positiveI tried this game out without first playing Witcher 1 and initially sympathized with negative criticisms put forth by the few who seem to find this game lacking. Upon my second play through, the story came together and the combat style really sunk in. I can't believe how well done this game is. Some players find the steep learning curve to be a flaw, but I think it's yet another positive aspect of the game. After all, there are plenty of games out there (Dragon Age II anyone?) where you can mash the keyboard and win. Expand
  59. May 30, 2011
    Great game! It is not boring and naive! There are a few bugs. And so what? Do you prefer error-free game, but terribly boring? Really? Well, you get bored on. I'll play again in TW2. Best game this year. Not just graphically. This game returns to me the joy of the game! Thank you for the creators of The Witcher 2!
  60. Jun 2, 2011
    There aren't many words to suit this game, EPIC comes to my mind tho. Depth of the story sucks you totally in, amount of choices, realism of the fights, all those little tasty things, world that is truly alive... peaks atmosphere to the max! We're half way there, but I already know, this is a Game of The Year for me.
  61. May 31, 2011
    The game is wonderful! . It is a pity that the trolls lower scores. I really do not understand these people who give a 0 or 1.2,3,4. It's a lie! A long awaited step forward for the RPG genere. The Witcher 2 is the best rpg since Baldurs Gate2. The combat is improved and of course the story and graphics = the best. Amazing game, it is not a game, it is a book with movie in witch you playThe game is wonderful! . It is a pity that the trolls lower scores. I really do not understand these people who give a 0 or 1.2,3,4. It's a lie! A long awaited step forward for the RPG genere. The Witcher 2 is the best rpg since Baldurs Gate2. The combat is improved and of course the story and graphics = the best. Amazing game, it is not a game, it is a book with movie in witch you play as Garald. The best RPG until today!CD Projekt Red have absolutely awed me with the quality of work they have put into this game.
    I am telling my friends who I know like RPGs to buy this game.
  62. May 31, 2011
    This is probably the best RPG out in 2011 along with Skyrim, forget that horrible dragon age 2 and go buy this game. Graphics: One of the best looking game, this is kind of game you should expect on a pc, not a console port..high detailed textures, beautiful models, animations, effects, landscapes and so on
    Gameplay: Great improvement on witcher 1 (combat, skills tree, etc), some minor
    Gameplay: Great improvement on witcher 1 (combat, skills tree, etc), some minor issues with inventory or alchemy but i'm sure they'll fix them with incoming patches
    Sound: Great work on voices, cool sound effects, i think witcher 1 ost was better but this one is still great
  63. Mor
    May 31, 2011
    One of the Best Games for PC this year.Its definitely one of the best games i have ever played. Complex and mature story, fantastic fighting system, beautiful graphics .this game simply have it all. Game of the!!!!! year for me .
  64. Jun 4, 2011
    The job CDP have done here is simply stunning. The game runs at about 30 fps at 1080p on my rather outdated Radeon 4850 and the quality of its art and visuals make me think of Blizzard games. Impressive job, given the fact that these Polish guys probably don't have the resources of major Western studios.
    Just walk through the forest near Flotsam at night to understand what I mean.
    I'm
    Just walk through the forest near Flotsam at night to understand what I mean.

I'm mostly staying away from Quen during this runthough; the fights require a bit of research - collecting books about the enemies, preparing blade coatings and potions for the witcher, while the story is top-notch and very much in the spirit of Sapkowski's "Blood of the Elves" and "The Last Wish".

Definitely recommended if you want a game with an engaging story, in a stylish package - finally something to put your 2010 computer to work in a non-gratuitous manner.
  65. Jun 5, 2011
    It will be a brief review of the game. It is simply great.
    It will be a brief review of the game. It is simply great.
    I'm a big fan of DA: O. (I'll still) I saw the first review TW2. ("Wonderful, Beautiful, RPG of the Year") thought that the game is overrated. I have read different opinions and I watched videos on You Tube. And this game seemed to me more and more interesting. In the end I saw this game on my friend's PC. Oh, Jesus! Cake with cream:) This game is great.
    I did not think that RPGs could be so mature and realistic. I bought!
    My PC is old and I play on the lowest settings. And it still looks beautiful.
    She has patch 1.2, so I had no big problems. I have a NVidia card, Pentium Dual-Core 2.5GHz and 4GB RAM. I recommend to download is about new drivers for Nvidia:)
  66. Jun 5, 2011
    Nothing is perfect, but this game is cutting it close.
    Nothing is perfect, but this game is cutting it close.
    From the first steps in this game you are sucked in, it breaths atmosphere and with its mature rating it does feel as medieval times. Unlike this other famous RPG developer, choices do have a big impact on the story and open/close quests and story paths further along the game what gives it a big replay value as well. There is no (obvious) content recycling either.
    The game is a bit difficult at the start and would benefit a bit more from tutorials using the magic signs.
    The game has a few small flaws, like the effort it takes to drink a simple potion, and the lack of a junk tab in the inventory, and the facial expressions are not that good. But these are some minor annoyances.
    The best indication for The Witcher 2 being a good game is that you want more once you finished the game.
    And as an extra, there is no DRM and free DLC.
    Can't wait for an expansion :-)
  67. Jun 20, 2011
    Brilliant game! A huge and very detailed world. A complex and inspired story that your character can actually influence. Depending on your choices you can get completely different quests in the second chapter, making your second playthrough feel like a different game. The story consistent and immersive, mature and morally ambiguous. The quests are highly varied, original, dramatic andBrilliant game! A huge and very detailed world. A complex and inspired story that your character can actually influence. Depending on your choices you can get completely different quests in the second chapter, making your second playthrough feel like a different game. The story consistent and immersive, mature and morally ambiguous. The quests are highly varied, original, dramatic and frequently surprising. True to its genre, you are playing a role here and it's a good one. Expand
  68. Jun 11, 2011
    How is it possible to not like this game!!! It's the best RPG I've ever played, besides maybe Fallout 3. But that's not an apples to apples comparison. GOTY by far - best graphics to date (I have a computer that can max this out, including ubersampling) and it is f*n beautiful. Beyond words. The combat system is fun as hell and this game is worth way more than the $50 asking price. StoryHow is it possible to not like this game!!! It's the best RPG I've ever played, besides maybe Fallout 3. But that's not an apples to apples comparison. GOTY by far - best graphics to date (I have a computer that can max this out, including ubersampling) and it is f*n beautiful. Beyond words. The combat system is fun as hell and this game is worth way more than the $50 asking price. Story line is great, I don't even need to say more. If you don't like this game something is wrong with you :) Expand
  69. Jun 13, 2011
    One of the best single player RPG I have played in a while. Great story, graphics and combat system, everything seems to be improved from TW1. Much needed after the DA2 letdown.
  70. Jun 13, 2011
    A true masterpiece of the computer gaming world! I enjoyed every minute of playing this game. The story will engross you and take you deep into a magical world. The game is made with passion. It is at heart a game made by gamers for gamers. Highly recommended. A near perfect RPG with all the key ingredients that make it so immersing. JUST BEAUTIFUL. I felt proud to buy this game.
  71. Jun 14, 2011
    It's a great game! It is really beautiful and epic. As I read the "opinion"of someone with the nick stefanakisgr I think people are really pathetic. What's wrong with you?
    Score 0 - 4 can give a troll, or some stupid kid. And this is not a game for children, and not for the stupid. I do not know why someone may write such nonsense about this game. You do not like this game, play something else, but do not lie. I appreciate the game on 9.3. It is not perfect, but almost.

Combat is interesting and complex. It requires tactical thinking.
    If anyone expects to be waving his sword to the left and right without any sense it will be quickly killed. This game is different than most RPGs. And thanks God!
    Graphics - is a masterpiece. A beautiful and detailed.
    Music - top notch!
    History addictive. The main character truly unique.
    A little too short Act 3, but it is hoped that this introduction to TW3:)
    An illusion of open space? And what is better? Open space and great boredom, or slightly smaller but with a fascinating story?
    Plastic characters, or complex characters?
    Your choice.
  72. Jun 15, 2011
    Don't wish to write a lengthy review, just want to say I love this game: the world, the characters, the story even the combat. It has some flaws sure, but they are minor and don't take away from enjoying the game overall. I also like the company, their support for their games, keep it up CDPR!
  73. Jun 17, 2011
    This definitely is Game of the Year 2011, at least in RPG genere . game is simply amazing, best cRPG in this decade :-) it i sgood - you will be surprised it is still available on game market.
  74. Jun 17, 2011
    After a few of weeks with Witcher 2 I'm basically in awe of the effort put in here by the developers. The graphics are the best I have seen in a game as simple as that, from environments to the texture on armour and weapons, its actually a joy to just exist in the world and be immersed. The art direction is perfect as well, the world feels real in a sense. Lighting is amazing, rightAfter a few of weeks with Witcher 2 I'm basically in awe of the effort put in here by the developers. The graphics are the best I have seen in a game as simple as that, from environments to the texture on armour and weapons, its actually a joy to just exist in the world and be immersed. The art direction is perfect as well, the world feels real in a sense. Lighting is amazing, right through the weather effects and day night cycles, sound is also perfect from the wind blowing in the mountains to a creature attacking from behind making you jump out of your skin.

I can see how some people may find combat too hard, if you simply charge in you need to be skilled up, which you can do but it takes time. Witcher 2 forces you to think about combat, you need to develop tactics and these vary from situation to situation. Personally as I've levelled up and chosen my skill path I've been able to develop my own style of play and this depth has made combat a really rewarding experience. There's always a risk of getting wiped out and it makes fights really visceral. Excellent finishing moves are also worth a mention here, should be in every game.

What else, quests are complex and some of the best I've seen, story branching forces you to make tough choices. Crafting actually feels like its something you want to do and tends to be a challenge. The humour is great, runs super smooth with no crashes or bugs in general.

Definitely a strong game of the year candidate.
  75. Jun 18, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great adult-themed story. Deep and memorable characters. Meaningful choice and consequence options. Interesting and challenging combat and character development. Tons of replay value. Perfect score and voice acting.

Patch 1.2 solves most of keyboards responsivness during combat and quickitem slots problems.

Eager to see some DLC that continues the story.
  76. Jun 18, 2011
    I never write of games, but I had to after reading some the garbage "zero" score reviews. This is simply one of the best RPGs I have ever played! If you love amazing graphics and great story lines stop reading and go buy this! GOTY easily for any PC gamer and RPG fan.
  77. Jun 19, 2011
    One of the best RPG of the decade. Keep in mind that I don not have a powerful pc. But I was able to play smooth for almost all the time. Good work CDPPR!
  78. Jun 19, 2011
    A Master Piece, describing well the universe of Andrzej Sapkowski's works. Dynamic combats, great writing, great graphics, great songs added to the atmosphere, easy and friendly crafting and a Story well "polished" :p. I see more than a trilogy for this game.
  79. Oct 18, 2011
    Absolutely fantastic and my personal favourite for the GOTY-title.
    The world is rich, voice-acting is perfect, facial animations are great and the combat is fun and fluid, though not really challenging. What is challenging, is the choices you have to make which will change the game-world decisively.
    One of the rare games I care to pick up twice to see more of it.
  80. Jun 19, 2011
    Game has a story I can really get into mixed in with solid gameplay and combat. Played it on hard and it actually gave me a ridiculously hard yet rewarding experience right to the end of the game. Replaying it again because your choices affect the outcome of the story and I want to see what I missed. Tip: If the fights seem too hard, you just need to adjust how you approach them. EveryGame has a story I can really get into mixed in with solid gameplay and combat. Played it on hard and it actually gave me a ridiculously hard yet rewarding experience right to the end of the game. Replaying it again because your choices affect the outcome of the story and I want to see what I missed. Tip: If the fights seem too hard, you just need to adjust how you approach them. Every enemy type acts differently and has a Achilles Heel. Expand
  81. Jun 21, 2011
    Game of the year 2011. Witcher 2: Assassin's of Kings is a highwater mark in gaming. CD Projekt Red has set a new gold standard in interactive entertainment.
  82. Jun 22, 2011
    If you are looking for a twee RPG to comfort you after a nights bedwetting then this is certainly not for you. For those of sterner disposition, Bang on.
  83. Jun 26, 2011
    This is, by far, the most adaptive RPG that I have ever played. As a self-proclaimed Bioware aficionado, that's saying something. TW2 bends itself to make it *your* game. As a case in point, during the second chapter of the game you can end up in two entirely different cities. While some of the quests do overlap, they are few and far between. The sides could be compared to Ender's Game andThis is, by far, the most adaptive RPG that I have ever played. As a self-proclaimed Bioware aficionado, that's saying something. TW2 bends itself to make it *your* game. As a case in point, during the second chapter of the game you can end up in two entirely different cities. While some of the quests do overlap, they are few and far between. The sides could be compared to Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow by Orson Scott Card. While the two stories narrate the same conflict, they are from different points of view. Not mention the graphics. Oh, they are absolutely glorious. I'm pulling a 2600K and a 6950 and I still can't go to the UberSampling. The game, no matter what level of hardware you have, looks absolutely astounding, and a special shout-out to the gorgeous weather effects that are positively stunning. The only true problems I had with the game have been fixed through updates and patches. And... Semi-Spoiler Alert!

The ending is the most lackluster that I've ever played in an RPG comparable to the build-up it had, which is why I knocked off a point. Considering that this only the last two hours or so of the game, it's definitely excusable. Plus, The Witcher 3 with imported saves is inevitable.
  84. Oct 9, 2011
    Simply faultless game! In all respects the best game of year! The unique drawing design fighting system the game world! In a word it is excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  85. Oct 11, 2011
    So far my favorite game of 2011, Briliant graphics in a very credible game world. Best feature: the choices you make really do CHANGE the game. Briliant replayability and a long single player campaign. WARNING... Do not buy for your kids... this is a game for adults only.
  86. Nov 20, 2011
    Follow suit other game developers/publishers! Releasing games DRM free rather then including intrusive rubbish such as Steamworks or Securom that punish customers is a great way to get people supporting your games and company.
  87. Jun 10, 2012
    This game has a breath taking scenic beauty to start with. The graphics are pretty good and the gameplay is very cool too. You get totally engrossed in the story of the game after Chapter 1. For me, this is the game of the year!
  88. Feb 21, 2012
    This game is ultimate. Its RPG elements are huge, and your choices really matter. In theory, there are 4 endings, but with all the different options you could take, there are thousands. The graphics are absolutely top of the notch. I play on a laptop, and usually go for Ultra or at least High, which I can run easily. Here, I went with Medium-medium-high, I couldn't run anything higher, yetThis game is ultimate. Its RPG elements are huge, and your choices really matter. In theory, there are 4 endings, but with all the different options you could take, there are thousands. The graphics are absolutely top of the notch. I play on a laptop, and usually go for Ultra or at least High, which I can run easily. Here, I went with Medium-medium-high, I couldn't run anything higher, yet the graphics were still better than any game I've ever seen. The gameplay and controls take a while to get used to, but once you do, you'll find them very easy and fluent. And the thing I like most - the package it comes with. CDProjektRed weren't skimpy when it came to that. Even the lowest edition I could find comes in a big box, with the game, soundtrack, map, manual, game guide, papercraft figures and a coin and letter thing which are relevant to Act 2 of the story if you went with Vernon Roche and not Iorveth. In short, I love it! Expand
  89. Feb 26, 2012
    Best game of 2011. Combat is meh, but this game isn't about combat. It's about amazing story with moral choices. Usually you can do either bad, or worse choice. Love it.
  90. Feb 27, 2012
    Got it by the case and was set up critical. But totally changed my mind so soon..
    One of the greatest games ever. Same rank as Mass Effect. Enjoyed from beginning to the end and still want to play it again different storyline. Great game.
  91. Mar 21, 2012
    A true modern RPG . Good story telling , allowing player to make choices . Hard , complex but nice combat mechanics . Graphics very nice , sounds ok , More better then all of the RPG titled games in the market now .
    If you like RPG , do not miss this one . If you did not , play The witcher too before starting second one . You will have more fun .
  92. May 16, 2012
    Best game ever, best RPG, best choices and consequences, best story, best graphics, best soundtrack, best voice acting best gameplay....best in every way. What do you want more than that? obviously 10.
  93. May 17, 2012
    When you waiting promises, and after you get even more - a masterpiece is born. The game does not leave any chance to throw it on the back burner, as often happens with good games. Each bit of this creation gives the quality and consistency. From the Start menu to the title. I found no flaws. This game troll's head and shoulders above than any of its competitors. That such should beWhen you waiting promises, and after you get even more - a masterpiece is born. The game does not leave any chance to throw it on the back burner, as often happens with good games. Each bit of this creation gives the quality and consistency. From the Start menu to the title. I found no flaws. This game troll's head and shoulders above than any of its competitors. That such should be games today. Such games putting virtual entertainment on the same shelf with traditional entertainment, like a book and movie. This is a masterpiece, no doubt. Bravo CD-Project RED! Expand
  94. May 21, 2012
    It's just an excellent game. Nowadays it's really hard to find such a good storyline in any games. In spite of that the game provides you with a great intuitive combat system, fantastic graphics and animations plus really good cutscenes. Interesting characters, deepth of the story, multiple choices to solve the problems and push the story forward, this is just how it should be done inIt's just an excellent game. Nowadays it's really hard to find such a good storyline in any games. In spite of that the game provides you with a great intuitive combat system, fantastic graphics and animations plus really good cutscenes. Interesting characters, deepth of the story, multiple choices to solve the problems and push the story forward, this is just how it should be done in modern games. It's just a "must have" for all cRPG fans. Expand
  95. May 25, 2012
    IMHO, the best 2011 RPG (real RPG) game with an interesting story, unique well thought out world and quite challenging encounters and I like its humour :-). Shame it has not been advertised as much as other games for The Witcher is better than Skyrim (which appeared to be rather boring for me and anyway is not true RPG anymore, but has bigger marketing budjet to pay critics:-))
  96. May 17, 2011
    Completely amazing game from start to finish. Graphics, story, combat... just everything is mind-blowing. I would say this is up for game of the year without a doubt. Make sure you have a pretty good PC though...
  97. May 17, 2011
    Witcher 2 is an awesome game. Everything in it is great: world, characters, dialogues and story. Game looks and runs great on many different PCs. This is one of the best rpg I have ever played. You can call Witcher 2 Game of The Year.
  98. May 21, 2011
    Finished this game, was never able to finish BG, DA, ME, NWN or any other RPG's since Deus Ex. Every one of them gets boring after 50% story. Now onto 2nd play-through.
  99. May 17, 2011
    This game is very good cRPG. Beautiful locations and graphics, interesting quests, super gameplay and wonderful atmosphere makes it extremely. Polish, good job! :)
  100. May 18, 2011
    I am sure that the Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings will be RPG of the year 2011. Amazing graphics, great and nonlinear story, nice dialogs, tactical and innovative combat system are just a few of many advantages of The Witcher 2:Assassins of Kings. For sure each money are worth to spend on this game.
  101. May 21, 2011
    This review contains spoilers. The witcher 2 is great, the graphics are the best that I have ever seen in an rpg, the story is great and most of the characters have a personality. Without a doubt this game is light years ahead of that gimmick of an rpg called dragon age 2.
    But the game isn't without its flaws like most of the people seem to describe it here. The ui is very clunky for a keyboard + mouse user, we cannot rebind many of the functions like a way to switch signs fast without using the quick menu, instead we are either forced to use the slow "quick" menu or use the next sign function. (which is far from efficient when we have to hit it 4 times to get to the sign we want and horror if we hit it 5x by mistake we have to do it all again). We can also bind some direct cast key for the signs but that isn't efficient either.
    Another flaw is the inventory system without any way to store our items like in the witcher 1 where we could store our items at the inn.
    My biggest problem is with the game length though. The game is about half the length of the witcher 1 and I have personally finished the game doing all the possible sidequest with the plot I had chosen in about 25 hours. This is a huge letdown when we see how great the chapter 1 and 2 are and when we expect the game to get even better on chapter 3, we just meet an abrupt and rushed ending there. I feel that there should have been at least 2 more chapters with as much content as in chapter 1 and 2.

1. Oct 21, 2011