8.4

1. May 17, 2011
    This definitely is Game of the Year 2011. The single best RPG I have played since Planescape: Torment. The characters are deep and complex, the storyline develops depending on your actions and choices. It takes what was good from every single RPG released in the last 15 years and makes it into something better. The graphics are simply the best ever seen in an RPG to date, if not the bestThis definitely is Game of the Year 2011. The single best RPG I have played since Planescape: Torment. The characters are deep and complex, the storyline develops depending on your actions and choices. It takes what was good from every single RPG released in the last 15 years and makes it into something better. The graphics are simply the best ever seen in an RPG to date, if not the best that we have so far in any game (compare to Crysis if you want to). The flaws are few if any. The stealth sections are not the best, but they are optional, and there are a few bugs and such. There is no ACTUAL character customization, but you can change what the protagonist is wearing with quite a bit.
    The combat system works quite well. It may not be the best combat system in gaming history, but it does exactly what is is supposed to do. But all that is just beside the point. The atmosphere, the music and the character lines are just amazing, combining to create one of the best RPG's of all time.
  2. May 17, 2011
    One of bests game ive played after a long time, the graphics are amazing, everything is made with passion, so deep and immerse.
    TW1 is good, but TW2 is better in all aspects.
  3. May 17, 2011
    This game is probably GOTY of year 2011 in category of cRPG. Great writing, good combat mechanics, great gameplay whatsoever. Feels like good old cRPGs like Planescape or Baldurs Gate. Graphics are beautiful and the engine optimization is really great. There doesn't need to be character customization when there is a great story to be told. This game has great atmosphere and breathtakingThis game is probably GOTY of year 2011 in category of cRPG. Great writing, good combat mechanics, great gameplay whatsoever. Feels like good old cRPGs like Planescape or Baldurs Gate. Graphics are beautiful and the engine optimization is really great. There doesn't need to be character customization when there is a great story to be told. This game has great atmosphere and breathtaking world. Great improvement since Witcher 1, CD Projekt did a great job with this game. Probably one of the best cRPG in history of modern gaming in my opinion. Expand
  4. May 17, 2011
    Same price across regions? Check
    Free DLC forever? Check

CD Projekt is the anti-EA/Bioware
  5. May 17, 2011
    M_Standard Obviously does not know what he is talking about, saying Dragon age 2 is a better game is like saying eating pile of crap is better then having a steak dinner.
    The Witcher 2 is one of the deepest and best RPG's of the past 10 years and with some many different options, amazing amounts of different paths you can take and of course the graphical beauty, I will honestly be amazed if it does not get game of the year 2011.
    If you love RPG's and you love gaming, get the Witcher 2, its worth it.
  6. May 17, 2011
    To be very honest, i wasnt expecting too much.
    I played the first The Witcher few years ago and it was good, nothing new , nothing brilliant it was a good game.
    To be very honest, i wasnt expecting too much.
    But when i played The Witcher 2 it was just a new experience of gaming. The deepth of the story is just incredible, the possibility of choices in this game are incredible high, the atmosphere is just incredible dense its just a beautiful game.
    The combat is great and intuitive a big improvement when you look at the first The Witcher.
    The graphics are just gorgeous, the design of the world , including environment, buildings, armors is really on of the best i ever saw. Its clearly on of the best Role Playing Games i ever experienced.
    So i can just say: Guys, buy this game and support the developers! Score 10.0
  7. May 17, 2011
    Best RPG i ever played in a long time. My candidate for Game of the Year 2011. Story is great and nonlinear, choices are great, graphics looks amazing! Since first play i know that is game made from fans for fans. That is what should looks modern rpgs! Also fantastic characters and fight system... i can't wait until i'll play it again. Of course game has minor bugs, but no one of themBest RPG i ever played in a long time. My candidate for Game of the Year 2011. Story is great and nonlinear, choices are great, graphics looks amazing! Since first play i know that is game made from fans for fans. That is what should looks modern rpgs! Also fantastic characters and fight system... i can't wait until i'll play it again. Of course game has minor bugs, but no one of them interfere in the game. Witcher 2 have my full recommendation! 10 Expand
  8. May 17, 2011
    This is not only the best RPG I have ever played but my all time favorite game now. Been playing all night and just wow.

Incredibly fast, fun, tactful combat system. That is just so unbelievably smooth it just feels great. Mixing sorcery with sword play, dodging, blocking. Huge improvement from the first. The storyline is just so engaging and well written. The voice acting is fantastic.

The storyline is just so engaging and well written. The voice acting is fantastic. The graphics...dear god the graphics. Just stunning in every way. Such a gorgeous game.

I can't recommend this game enough. Go and buy it!!
  9. May 17, 2011
    The perfect 10 might seem overmuch, but let me tell you why I choose such a high score. The game is made clearly for an audience that demanded RPGs from the company that made the Witcher 1. The gameplay actually gets a sparkling 9 from me. The last one point comes for the following reason:

CDPR didn't try to expand their audience, get the 'COD' crowd or cater to tastes of focus groups (Gays, Lesbians etc) to gain audience. They simply went ahead with a good game. They also released their game without DRM, a tough but a very satisfying stance. Now this is a rare attitude in a world of populism. This will not only bring them prestige amongst gamers who are typically assumed to be idiots by other developers, but also expand their customer base simply because they focus on making good games.
  10. May 17, 2011
    In terms of sheer immersion and atmosphere it plays at least as well as the first one. Except everything in the world seems grander and more defined as a courtesy of state of the art graphics engine and inspired art direction. The only thing keeping the original Witcher from being a perfect cRPG was its somewhat rough game mechanics (i.e. combat) and some technical hiccups. With theseIn terms of sheer immersion and atmosphere it plays at least as well as the first one. Except everything in the world seems grander and more defined as a courtesy of state of the art graphics engine and inspired art direction. The only thing keeping the original Witcher from being a perfect cRPG was its somewhat rough game mechanics (i.e. combat) and some technical hiccups. With these ironed out, it seems that only Skyrim seems like a worthy competitor for the cRPG of the Year title. Expand
  11. Apz
    May 17, 2011
    Game looks absolutely fantastic. Dialogue is immersive and well written. m_stannard is a gelatinous, buttperturbed jackass who is super mad DA2 sucked dick.
  12. May 17, 2011
    I registered just to fix this injustice done by Bioware employee, M_stanndard. Of course I'll do the same with Dragon Age 2, I hate ppl like this. This game deserves best, it got everything, non-linear story, best graphics out there, great quests, splendid dialogues, deep combat system, especially combined with the traps, alchemy, bombs and of course Witcher Signs. I love how everything isI registered just to fix this injustice done by Bioware employee, M_stanndard. Of course I'll do the same with Dragon Age 2, I hate ppl like this. This game deserves best, it got everything, non-linear story, best graphics out there, great quests, splendid dialogues, deep combat system, especially combined with the traps, alchemy, bombs and of course Witcher Signs. I love how everything is detailed, a blade with rune own a glowing sign on the edge, and of course different effect while lubricant is put.

Love this game. 10/10
  13. May 17, 2011
    Outstanding, extraordinary and awesom game. The best i have ever play. The Witcher 2 is the Assasin of kings like Blizzard or EA :) You will play it sooner or later, believe me.
  14. May 17, 2011
    Lol...I knew that will be someone who will give "0" note :) "People" are strange...
    Game is...AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME! Interesting and great narrated plot, interesting non linear quests that can be done in many different ways. Absolutely stunning graphics, good optimalization (remember to TURN OFF UBERSAMPLING if you don't have uberpowered monster PC). Combat system far better than in the first Witcher - challenging even on normal. Great animations. Living world with society reacting if we use sword in restricted area. I can't find any cons of this game (in fact there is one - stealth sequences - not so good). The rest if an ART. 10/10 . Best RPG I've ever played
  15. May 17, 2011
    Great game with a great storyline, amaizing graphics, interesting characters, good combat.

one of the best RPG games i have ever played.

screw DA 2 that game is not even worth to download its the worst pile of sh..t i have ever played and stop lowering the ratings u bioware pricks
  16. May 17, 2011
    Yes, Mr. Sten... you gotta be kidding me! TW2 delivers what CDPR promised. Unlike Bioware latest title that is put to shame by its predecessor DA:Origins! Now that's a great game. Is it weird that EA had nothing to do with Bioware when Origins was conceived? I've always been a fan of Bioware but if this Mr. Sten is really EA/BW staff.. he should be fired because he knows nothing of RPG'sYes, Mr. Sten... you gotta be kidding me! TW2 delivers what CDPR promised. Unlike Bioware latest title that is put to shame by its predecessor DA:Origins! Now that's a great game. Is it weird that EA had nothing to do with Bioware when Origins was conceived? I've always been a fan of Bioware but if this Mr. Sten is really EA/BW staff.. he should be fired because he knows nothing of RPG's and games in general!

TW2 is definitely my pick for Game of the Year 2011. It is The Witcher as it should be and perfected!
  17. May 17, 2011
    They should remove that rating from that incompetent gamer!!! It is impossible to give a game like this a 0!!! Thats like saying that barbie performed better than this awesome title!!! This game will definitely be nomintated for goty!!! Perfection is all I can say!!!
  18. May 17, 2011
    A deep and engrossing role-playing experience. Makes use of skills in conversations and has engaging dialogue and choices and consequences. This may very well be GOTY 2011.
  19. May 17, 2011
    If one were to look at my past reviews they'd see that I'm reluctant to give a game a 10, even ones that I loved (Portal 2, for example). However, I had to make an exception for this absolute masterpiece of PC gaming. I can say without any doubt that the Witcher 2 is one of the greatest RPGs ever created, and CD Projekt Red have absolutely awed me with the quality of work they have putIf one were to look at my past reviews they'd see that I'm reluctant to give a game a 10, even ones that I loved (Portal 2, for example). However, I had to make an exception for this absolute masterpiece of PC gaming. I can say without any doubt that the Witcher 2 is one of the greatest RPGs ever created, and CD Projekt Red have absolutely awed me with the quality of work they have put into this game. Everything is perfect, from the intense combat, to the enormous living world, to the engaging story.. All of it has proven me wrong in thinking that amazing RPGs were simply not possible in this era of modern gaming. Any developer that seeks to make a quality RPG should take notes from the Witcher 2, and display the same amount of effort that this amazing company has in working to create such a masterpiece. CDPR has earned a life-long customer with me as a result of this title, and I'd strongly urge anyone on the fence in regards to purchasing this to do so. I can guarantee you will not regret it. Expand
  20. May 17, 2011
    Sensational game. CD Projekt will be rubbing shoulders with Blizzard and Valve soon if they keep up this quality. The attention to detail throughout is on a new level, you can't help but stop and gaze through a markets goods or simply watch villagers as they go about their day-to-day business. The story so far is enthralling and the character design is Blizzard standard. Hat's off to CDSensational game. CD Projekt will be rubbing shoulders with Blizzard and Valve soon if they keep up this quality. The attention to detail throughout is on a new level, you can't help but stop and gaze through a markets goods or simply watch villagers as they go about their day-to-day business. The story so far is enthralling and the character design is Blizzard standard. Hat's off to CD Projekt, I've not been so happy with a purchase in as long as I can remember. Expand
  21. May 17, 2011
    One of the best games I've ever played. Bioware should beware of the mighty Witcher. The well narrated non-linear story, beautiful music and breathtaking graphics are the strongest aspects of The Witcher 2. There is just nothing more to tell
  22. May 17, 2011
    Its definitely one of the best games i have ever played. Complex and mature story, fantastic fighting system, beautiful graphics ... this game simply have it all. Game of the year for me
  23. May 17, 2011
    Absolutely awesome game. CDPR have outdone themselves with this one.
    One of the most beautiful looking games I've played. This game beats the pants off everything else in it's class.
  24. May 17, 2011
    At this current time of the year I'd have to say it's the best of this year and to my taste, one of the best RPGs I've played since the first Witcher or Mass Effect 1. This isn't your normal Dragon Age 2 picnic RPG with everything given to you in a linear 15 hour story.
    Amazing atmosphere. Amazing combat. Amazing music. Amazing character development, I loved how everything tied in together like the original Witcher, all the choices for your own taste in side quests which affect the story, everything just fits in perfectly.
  25. May 17, 2011
    An absolute triumph in the art of RPG storytelling. By far the most compelling characters, boldest storytelling, and most enjoyable combat in any RPG designed to date. Look on and despair, Bethesda, for the RPG of the Year won't be yours this time. While EA has made a few blunders in the marketing of this superb game, that does not detract from CD Projeckt's mastery of game design. I'm aAn absolute triumph in the art of RPG storytelling. By far the most compelling characters, boldest storytelling, and most enjoyable combat in any RPG designed to date. Look on and despair, Bethesda, for the RPG of the Year won't be yours this time. While EA has made a few blunders in the marketing of this superb game, that does not detract from CD Projeckt's mastery of game design. I'm a long time fan of RPGs in general and CD Projeckt in particular as a master of the genre, and this is certainly one of my favourites. If you enjoy good RPGs, mature stories that don't insult your intelligence, wonderfully human fleshed-out characters, and engaging combat, this is the baby for you. Expand
  26. May 17, 2011
    that m_stannard guy is definitely a loser and probably a bioware developer if u look at his other reviews... I pity him so much that I cannot describe it in words. this game is totally awesome in every way.
  27. May 17, 2011
    The Witcher 2 is definitely game of the year, at this moment. Almost every aspect of this game was polished... masterpiece. When you play it, you just feel it. Stunning graphic, voice acting, level design... I just need to find 'evil side' of this game... atm - i can't.

It's definitely fresh breath, for nowadays RPG's.
    I bow before you, CDP Red.
  28. May 17, 2011
    Absolutely awesome game. As a RPG this game rocks, the world is so big and so detailed, quests are quite complicated (not just 'go to the wood and pick some mushrooms for me).
    Sure the engine is quite demanding (I'm playing on i7 with medium details) bo the graphics is really beatiful.
    Good job cdp red, i'm waiting for more games like this. Hope that other developers will learn something from you guys!
  29. May 18, 2011
    What an amazing game cdproject bring to us. The best rpg of a decade, i cant understand how people can vote to this with zero, go out trolls, this game dont deserve that.
  30. May 17, 2011
    One of the best games I've ever played. Stunning graphics, running so smoothly on my PC, beautiful locations, amazing storyline, great characters... Honestly, I love this game.
  31. May 17, 2011
    Beats the crap out of Dragon Age 2. This is the way sequels should be made - bigger, prettier and generally awesomer. The story is great, the characters are interesting and cut-scenes are breathtaking. In comparison with The Witcher the graphics were HIGHLY improved, on the highest possible settings making it the prettiest RPG ever made. it is hard (even on the Normal settings) andBeats the crap out of Dragon Age 2. This is the way sequels should be made - bigger, prettier and generally awesomer. The story is great, the characters are interesting and cut-scenes are breathtaking. In comparison with The Witcher the graphics were HIGHLY improved, on the highest possible settings making it the prettiest RPG ever made. it is hard (even on the Normal settings) and challenging, but not frustrating with the new (more arcade) style of fighting. I won't say it is only worth playing - it is worth buying instantly !

BioWare, better learn from this and make Mass Effect 3 a kickass game or you will lose the crown of the best cRPG makers.
  32. May 17, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Best RPG for this year, Story is great and nonlinear, choices are great, graphics looks amazing! ,good combat mechanics,Great improvement since Witcher 1, CD Projekt did a great job with this game. Probably one of the best cRPG in history of modern gaming in my opinion

33. May 17, 2011
    Finally a great RPG with: mature content, no paying DLCs, and a way to get the game with no DRM (on gog.com). The game itself rules so far, awesome graphics, convincing story, interesting quests and background, incredible music, I love this game !
  34. May 17, 2011
    CD Projekt Red has done it. They have renewed my faith in game developers. The Witcher 2 is the most immersive and masterfully crafted GAME, yet alone RPG I have laid my hands on. It is with great pleasure that I am allowed to give this company money. They deserve every cent.
  35. May 17, 2011
    Excellent game, and one of the best RPG experiences I've played since PS:Torment. Excellent graphics, with excellent story to hold you in. This is how you make a CRPG, if you were deeply disappointed with DA2, you won't be disappointed by this. I will say that the combat does have a bit of a learning curve, I regularly got my backside handed to me on normal. You won't get away withExcellent game, and one of the best RPG experiences I've played since PS:Torment. Excellent graphics, with excellent story to hold you in. This is how you make a CRPG, if you were deeply disappointed with DA2, you won't be disappointed by this. I will say that the combat does have a bit of a learning curve, I regularly got my backside handed to me on normal. You won't get away with simple hacking and slashing. A living world where your choices do make differences. Also, if you have any Witcher saves, you can import these. Which means I need to replay the Witcher again.

Even on my modest system(E5300, GTS450 w/4gb of ram), I can run this on high-ultra settings without much of a slowdown.
  36. May 17, 2011
    THE GAME IS AMAZING !! The atmosphere, The combat and The Story are just perfect ! I didn't expect for to much of this game, It was also gifted to me but wow it blowed me away ! Just buy it you dont need to know anything else
  37. May 17, 2011
    An AMAZING game. Challenging, beautiful, adult, and engaging. Everything about the game, from the swordplay to the dialog is brilliantly crafted. Add in the fact that it is DRM free off of GOG, and you have a game that is set to bring an overwhelming positive change to gaming as a whole. Well done CD Projekt!
  38. May 17, 2011
    To all bloatware dlcware employees that gave zero to this game, u are so pathetic that hurts, really pathetic

GTFO cry in shame and learn how to make a proper rpg
  39. May 18, 2011
    One of the Best Games for PC this year so far, even when you look at heavyweights like Dragon age 2, Portal 2 o Crysis 2 , this game still manages to stand out, not only with its Graphics but with a Story and a gameplay that are simply refreshing, after so much hand-holding that we are getting used to in modern games, with so much tutorials, it´s good to get thrown against aOne of the Best Games for PC this year so far, even when you look at heavyweights like Dragon age 2, Portal 2 o Crysis 2 , this game still manages to stand out, not only with its Graphics but with a Story and a gameplay that are simply refreshing, after so much hand-holding that we are getting used to in modern games, with so much tutorials, it´s good to get thrown against a giant Dragon in the first 5 minutes of the game without knowing how to swing your sword, it makes me remember , how the first hour of Demon´s Souls was, Not an easy game, If you are looking for something different, something beautiful, or something to just test your Rig, stop looking. Expand
  40. May 17, 2011
    Normally this is where I would write out a long review telling you about a videogame, however I am left speechless, this is one of the best sequels I have ever played.
    This game is amazing, from the combat, to the story, humor, and most of all the improved combat.

This is THE game of 2011.
    Witcher fans having something to be happy about, after 4 long years.
  41. May 17, 2011
    M_Stannard's review is a sharp bit of sarcasm oriented to Dragon Age 2, it's clear :) Though, why just for the sake of sarcasm give a really good game (The Witcher 2) a negative score? Think about it, M_Stannard, because it may misguide people, who look only at scores chart and do not actually read your review. Because if one reads your review, it's immediately apparent that it's sarcasticM_Stannard's review is a sharp bit of sarcasm oriented to Dragon Age 2, it's clear :) Though, why just for the sake of sarcasm give a really good game (The Witcher 2) a negative score? Think about it, M_Stannard, because it may misguide people, who look only at scores chart and do not actually read your review. Because if one reads your review, it's immediately apparent that it's sarcastic :)

Now, about The Witcher 2 - the game is really, really great!!!
  42. May 17, 2011
    Okay so take Dragon Age 2, then throw it out, burn it, and imagine from scratch a game that is not only good, but amazing, which is basically the complete polar opposite of Dragon Age 2. Then make that game real, and make it even BETTER, then lace it with gold and coat it in chocolate, and make it taste better than french vanilla ice cream with Reese's hard shell topping on it, but withOkay so take Dragon Age 2, then throw it out, burn it, and imagine from scratch a game that is not only good, but amazing, which is basically the complete polar opposite of Dragon Age 2. Then make that game real, and make it even BETTER, then lace it with gold and coat it in chocolate, and make it taste better than french vanilla ice cream with Reese's hard shell topping on it, but with like no calories and it actually makes you SLIMMER and gives you ABS. Now forget about all of that because no language has any words to describe how good The Witcher 2 is.

To be fair and honest though, the game has a flaw. "Junk" type items can't be filtered out from the rest of your inventory and sold off easily.
  43. May 17, 2011
    This is how you do it. Deep character system? Check Epic story? Check Engaging combat? Check No DRM? Check Same price across regions? Check Free DLC forever? Check CD Projekt is the anti-EA/Bioware...
  44. op8
    May 24, 2011
    ok,lets get the negative point out of the way first. the UI is pretty unefficient, so regular inventory use,can be a bit of a chore,and as there is no where to store extra equipment (NOT a bad thing in my opinion), its important to keep visiting traders to sell off un wanted or excess goods. the fact that a decent way to stat match is missing can be quite time consuming. this can effectok,lets get the negative point out of the way first. the UI is pretty unefficient, so regular inventory use,can be a bit of a chore,and as there is no where to store extra equipment (NOT a bad thing in my opinion), its important to keep visiting traders to sell off un wanted or excess goods. the fact that a decent way to stat match is missing can be quite time consuming. this can effect immersiveness,but i'm hoping one day i'll be able to play using a revamped ui. after playing around with graphical settings extensively i've noticed that whether i'm playing on mainly high settings (which is the normal setting i use) or when ive experimented with lower ones, the framerate has not changed. its not a problem for me but i felt it should at least be identified and adressed. (on high,i'm getting between 32-40fps, even in crowded combat scenes or towns the framerate never drops below 30fps so i'm quite happy with that seeing as how gorgeous this game is). luckily the good points about the game are abundant!! i've noted in other comments left by users that they find the camera and object interaction a probem. this hasnt been an issue for me.I hold the shift button whilst moving to slow you down and it works. looking for correct ledges to climb is just common sense, and is another example of how hand holding has been limited in this game. as you may have guessed the graphics are incredible, and they WILL test your rig! so if you buy the game with just minimum requirements you might be dissapointed and i feel your witcher experience will be marred somewhat. story and lore is facinating and i found myself more and more engrossed as i adventured thru the game. the choices you make actually have an effect on the game you end up playing.(afterall you are writing history as you go along,well, Dandellion is). i find the combat satisfying and enjoyable.you will need to use everything at your disposal most of the time and the difficulty on normal feels just right. it definately gets easier as you level up giving you a proper sense of getting stronger and more capable.....quite a refreshing change compared to a lot of other games these days which are far to easy and hold your hand WAY too much. customising the character with your chosen skill tree path is done perfectly, with not too much emphasis on having to time spend ridiculous amounts of time deciding how you'll end up. at the end of chapter 1 you are forced to make a choice that basically decides what area you open up and effectively the dicsoveries you make and quests/sub quests you end up doing. this makes at least one other replay and absolute must! the games ending, which is kind of a hot topic of late, has people divided, but its hard to argue whithout knowing the choices they made.i was happy anyway. the good thing is that there is FREE DLC.hopefully some future expansions will be made that might extend things and sort out the UI, and i'm definately looking forward to another sequel! big thanks to CDPR for a great game! Expand
  45. May 17, 2011
    GOTY 2011 candidate, at least unless Diablo 3 shows up this year. An awesome RPG game, just like the first part - compared to Dragon Age 2 it wins pretty much in nearly every aspect (the exception being higher system requirements). It also helps if you are familiar with The Witcher Saga by A. Sapkowski.
  46. Fef
    May 17, 2011
  47. May 17, 2011
    This is what Bioware failed to deliver, a true RPG experience. If you can't get the job done, others do it for you and take your money. In your face BIOWARE.
  48. May 17, 2011
    Do not pay any attention to those stupid negative scores, it's simply Bio Ware Meta bombing this fantastic game. Game of the year for me by a country mile. Superb visuals, storyline, dialogue. Great combat and questing is fun. If you are an RPG fan there is simply no way you shouldn't play this. Get it, get it now.
  49. May 17, 2011
    The Witcher 2 is a quite an impressive RPG, first point: my computer meets the low end specs only just and the game runs beautifully on the low settings. I get a good level of detail and visual background without any sluggishness or jagging, it is eye candy stuff, I can admit I envy those with more powerful systems. This is helped further along by no annoying load screens.

The game

The game story is deep with a very detailed and fun prologue/tutorial to help you get under the player Character's skin and make him your own man by the choices and abilities you give him and those you don't. Style of play is influenced by skills given, sword play is not a just random set of key mashes (unless you like dying alot) Thier are plenty of support skills to keep combat interesting and the enemy AI is quite good: they know how to hit you when you are down or catch you when you are not paying attention. Each opponent requires certain tactics to combat or get an advantage over to defeat.

The only down side I can see is the 'brawling' aspect where some button mashing is required and the intuitive fighting skill requirement to win is lost, it is a sort of random thing: who is quicker you or the enemy AI. But watching the enemy take a whupping is always fun!

There is little or no quest/plot guidence or handholding you have to figure things and locations out for yourself and learn the consequences of actions in the game world. A thinkers game where you kicked off the apple cart and have to fend for yourself. Thier is also plenty of fun and humour to be had wthin and outside the storyline keeping the game immersive and interesting. The game has mature humour and content showing that the developers know it is not a game for kids and respects that in the overall offering, they are catering to the audience who enjoyed the intrigues and reality provided in the first witcher game blood, guts, politics, swearing, nudity and all. Naturally there are a few miniscule and barely noteworthy flaws as with any new game but these pale in comparison to the beautiful gem that is the Witcher 2. And knowing the high level of support CDproject provides they are probably already working overtime on patches now to keep thier fans happy. Defintely a game built by mature and modern gamers for mature and modern gamers

Overall a fantastic game, well worth the price if you are an RPG fan and a must have if you enjoyed the first one. Not a game for hack and slashers or those who don't like thinking too much, full on swearing or tasteful nudity. If bought retail it does require once off DRM activation a pest I know but well worth the effort. High replay value with many options and paths to walk.
  50. Jul 14, 2012
    As good as RPG games get PERIOD. Anyone who says otherwise either has a sub-par rig or is a severely butt-hurt Biodrone.

Also, it actually pushes tech. REAL gamers who invest in their hobby can look to TW2 to fully utilize their superior hardware.
  51. May 17, 2011
    The developers improved on the original game in every way. In stark contrast to what Dragon Age 2 was, The Witcher 2 is an example of what happens when a developer cares more about the experience of the player than lining their own pockets. No needless junk was added to garner more sales. No EA gathering your information and restricting your access to the games you purchase. DoThe developers improved on the original game in every way. In stark contrast to what Dragon Age 2 was, The Witcher 2 is an example of what happens when a developer cares more about the experience of the player than lining their own pockets. No needless junk was added to garner more sales. No EA gathering your information and restricting your access to the games you purchase. Do yourself a favor and buy this game from Gog.com. That will ensure that more money reaches the developer instead of dividing it up with middlemen like Steam or Gamestop. This title is a masterpiece and should be played by anyone who enjoys RPGs. Expand
  52. May 17, 2011
    I'm a Bioware fanboy, I loved DA2. However this is BETTER! How anyone can give it a 0 is beyond me. He's obviously here to down-score the game and not to give an honest review. The graphics are stunning, sound, gameplay, everything. On top of that, it's the best retail box collection I've had in AGES! Companies seem to forget some of us like the box and to add all the items they have withI'm a Bioware fanboy, I loved DA2. However this is BETTER! How anyone can give it a 0 is beyond me. He's obviously here to down-score the game and not to give an honest review. The graphics are stunning, sound, gameplay, everything. On top of that, it's the best retail box collection I've had in AGES! Companies seem to forget some of us like the box and to add all the items they have with this one makes it all the sweeter. Ignore M_Standard, he's not here to critique the game. Expand
  53. May 17, 2011
    I have no doubt in my mind that this game will be rpg of the year if not game of the year,the story is amazing the voice acting is superb,your choices have real and long lasting consequences on the game world,the graphics are top notch and music is very atmospheric,this game is very close to being perfect if I was going to level any kind of criticism,it would be that the stealth sectionsI have no doubt in my mind that this game will be rpg of the year if not game of the year,the story is amazing the voice acting is superb,your choices have real and long lasting consequences on the game world,the graphics are top notch and music is very atmospheric,this game is very close to being perfect if I was going to level any kind of criticism,it would be that the stealth sections arent as great as the rest of the game,they arent bad but when you compare to how great everything else is then you do notice Expand
  54. May 24, 2011
    I loved The Witcher, Part I. In the Witcher II, The story is very mature, well-rounded, and very rich. The environments in The Witcher II are especially breathtaking. Everything in the environment is mired in the world they live it - it all simply looks like it belongs. It runs perfect on my two year old machine. No lags, no stutter, and the load times are FANTASTIC - there really aren'tI loved The Witcher, Part I. In the Witcher II, The story is very mature, well-rounded, and very rich. The environments in The Witcher II are especially breathtaking. Everything in the environment is mired in the world they live it - it all simply looks like it belongs. It runs perfect on my two year old machine. No lags, no stutter, and the load times are FANTASTIC - there really aren't any.

The combat system is great, though it's very unforgiving, and you will have to make sure you have enough bombs, traps, and potions to survive even minutes in the swamp. Where Drowners may have been killed six at once in the first game, they will be killing you this time if you aren't prepared. Every conflict is life-or-death. Being outnumbered 3 to 1 is a serious problem, and you'll have to plan your way out if you want to stay alive!

My only complaint is the menu system and the lack of storage in the game. The Witcher II makes a much bigger deal of crafting than the first game, thus should have put a bigger emphasis on in-game storage. With all the items you need to craft in the game, it's nearly impossible not to get frustrated with having to run back and forth between missions to sell your stuff just to be able to run again. Most of the stuff you end up selling, you'll inevitably need to buy again to craft (at ten times the sale price!). I usually don't mod my games, but CDProjectRed has made modifications very simple. I found a mod that made items weightless, which took care of this problem. I really hope they add a storage chest to the game, as it's a major fallback for people like me who are pack rats. The menu system is unintuitive compared to The Witcher I. One of the things I noticed right away was that when I read a book, I had no way of knowing it had already been read. I just don't sell my books anymore, just in case I miss one.

Other than the storage and menu issues, it's bound to be my favorite game of the past several years. Games like this are one in a million, despite it's few minor flaws in the face of it's successes. I'm a lifetime gamer, and own several tens of thousands of dollars worth of PC games. This one is in my top ten. For me, that's huge.
  55. May 17, 2011
    Love this game. Much better than the first on so many level. Mr Stannard, say hello to your Bioware co-workers for me, next time spend more time making a good game and less time trying to bash the competition. No game is worth 0/10, not even shovelware. Like DA2.
  56. May 17, 2011
    @ M_Stannard - Dragon Age 2 was terrible, CDProjekt has completely blown that game out of the water with The Witcher 2. This new Witcher is amazing, it brings everything important to an RPG and manages to remain unique. Whereas Dragon Age 2 was clearly rushed and intended to make a quick profit (aimed mostly at BioWare fanbois like Stannard who will buy a terrible game for the brand name),@ M_Stannard - Dragon Age 2 was terrible, CDProjekt has completely blown that game out of the water with The Witcher 2. This new Witcher is amazing, it brings everything important to an RPG and manages to remain unique. Whereas Dragon Age 2 was clearly rushed and intended to make a quick profit (aimed mostly at BioWare fanbois like Stannard who will buy a terrible game for the brand name), The Witcher 2 exudes passion and love from the studio. Well done CDProjekt, you have earned BioWare's RPG crown. Expand
  57. May 17, 2011
    A refreshingly complex and deeply engaging RPG that blows its recent competition clean out of the water. Proves that beautiful visuals and ambitious scope in no way preclude depth of content, attention to detail or complex storytelling in an RPG.

It's not without its flaws, but they're very minor flaws in what is in all other ways a masterful example of the best the genre has to offer. Superb.
  58. May 17, 2011
    Best RPG of 2011 for sure (at least untill Skyrim gets released). Story, combat system, new engine, Premium Edition at the cost of a regular game, character animations, sound, are just a few reasons. 100% recommended game. And remember that we get all DLC's for FREE! I wonder if CD Projekt Red will release a new editor soon (Djinni 2?), that would be great for the modding community.

To

To the one that reviewed this game with a 0...
    Bioware must learn from this game, they need to improve a lot since that crappy Jade Empire. DAO was quite good, but not an excellent game (I don't speak about DA2, because it should never existed) and I don't consider that Mass Effect is a roleplaying game...wonder why people keep saying that, it's an action game with some rpg elements, but an action game from the basis (and too similiar to GoW in game mechanics...but that's not the point). By the way, I am myself a BioWare fan because they made the best RPG of all time in pair with Black Isle (Planescape Torment it's algo great), but since NWN their games just keep being dissapointing. And now that EA is in charge...we are all doomed :/
  59. May 17, 2011
    The most beautiful RPG game EVER. Graphics and audio are just stunning, other developers should learn from CDP how to create a fantastic engine. Another thing is great, mature, involving story. The game is absolutely the most non-linear next gen RPG. When I asked my friend about his progress in the story, it sounded like he played a completely different game! I'm sure I will complete theThe most beautiful RPG game EVER. Graphics and audio are just stunning, other developers should learn from CDP how to create a fantastic engine. Another thing is great, mature, involving story. The game is absolutely the most non-linear next gen RPG. When I asked my friend about his progress in the story, it sounded like he played a completely different game! I'm sure I will complete the game 16 times, to see all of the endings. It's a must have for every RPG fan out there, and every PC gamer. Expand
  60. May 17, 2011
    Let me start off by saying that I literally just signed up to Metacritic, not to write this review but to LMAO at the guy who posted a review as Bioware_Intern. I never laughed out loud actually reading a review before, my hat goes off to the man for writing such a satirical work. But on to the actual review...I'll keep it short since what I have to say has probably been mentioned a dozenLet me start off by saying that I literally just signed up to Metacritic, not to write this review but to LMAO at the guy who posted a review as Bioware_Intern. I never laughed out loud actually reading a review before, my hat goes off to the man for writing such a satirical work. But on to the actual review...I'll keep it short since what I have to say has probably been mentioned a dozen times by now. The game is phenomenal if you have an education above elementary literature and mathematics. If you fail to meet those minimum requirements then just stick to the annual CoD game, because that is the game for you. Expand
  61. May 17, 2011
    Take note EA, This is how a proper and immersible RPG is made. Have your mediocre and simplistic Dragon Age 2, This game exceeds it in every possible way. Truly a refreshing RPG in this 2011 year and definitely one of the better ones. I've been waiting for a real and actual RPG and having Witcher 2 grace the market/industry made me glad to be a PC Gamer. Depth and soul defines thisTake note EA, This is how a proper and immersible RPG is made. Have your mediocre and simplistic Dragon Age 2, This game exceeds it in every possible way. Truly a refreshing RPG in this 2011 year and definitely one of the better ones. I've been waiting for a real and actual RPG and having Witcher 2 grace the market/industry made me glad to be a PC Gamer. Depth and soul defines this game. Well done CD Projekt and do hope to see more (RPG) games produced by you. I would advise people to buy the game through GOG, CD Projekt's DRM-free site. Help and support not only the game but that company as well. The Witcher 2 is not broken, mediocre, or shoddy and I'm glad CD Projekt actually cares for their product and customers. Expand
  62. May 17, 2011
    The best RPG I've played since Baldurs Gate 2, I can literally not even talk about the sheer quality of this game. Everything is so refined, so perfected.

They did a splendid job with everything in this game. GOTY This century.
  63. May 17, 2011
    Finally, a PC only RPG. Btw, look at the people who are giving it a 0/10, they are either Bioware employees or trolls because their other reviews are 10/10 for DA2. This game has everything you could want in a high quality RPG. Great graphics, sound, and game-play. The combat is very challenging now, this isn't Assassins Creed where only 1 person attacks at a time. If you run across 5Finally, a PC only RPG. Btw, look at the people who are giving it a 0/10, they are either Bioware employees or trolls because their other reviews are 10/10 for DA2. This game has everything you could want in a high quality RPG. Great graphics, sound, and game-play. The combat is very challenging now, this isn't Assassins Creed where only 1 person attacks at a time. If you run across 5 guys, all can gang you at the same time. Very challenging. Expand
  64. Jun 13, 2011
    An absolute triumph of challenging gameplay and mature non-linear RPGs. To say that it crushes Dragon Age II is an understatement. This is a game you need to have in your collection if you even remotely enjoy RPGs.
  65. May 17, 2011
    It's pretty sad that some people are depraved enough to give this amazing game a 0. Listen, I've been a Bioware fan since Baldur's Gate, and have played all their games since. Pre-ordering a Bioware game used to be standard operating procedure for me until they dumbed down ME2 for the masses. That was the turning point for me, but I still gave them the benefit of the doubt. After DA2, itIt's pretty sad that some people are depraved enough to give this amazing game a 0. Listen, I've been a Bioware fan since Baldur's Gate, and have played all their games since. Pre-ordering a Bioware game used to be standard operating procedure for me until they dumbed down ME2 for the masses. That was the turning point for me, but I still gave them the benefit of the doubt. After DA2, it became clear that this was going to be the new trend: lazy, uninspired, rushed games, over-hyped and marketed to the FPS short attention span crowd.

It actually doesn't surprise me, it makes a lot of sense. Young, hungry companies like CDPR tend to be very passionate, idealistic, and all-or-nothing when it comes to making a name for themselves by putting the best product they can out there to stand out from the established brands. Bioware used to be a company like that, but as time went on the founders got increasingly comfortable with their company's success, and going from being 20-something and trying to make your mark in the world to being 30-something or 40-something with a company to run and a family to support, a mortgage to pay, etc. changes one's priorities. Accepting an offer of hundreds of millions of dollars for that company is pretty much a no-brainer, and I'm sure the people at Bioware were well aware of the consequences of being bought out by a company like EA. Fast forward to today, and we all can see the inevitable results of the EA buyout, except the few deranged hyper-fanboys/employees that are still in denial and giving genuine works of art a 0 rating...smh... Anyways, I'm not hating on Bioware here, just showing some tough love. I don't care who the developer is as long as they put some heart into it and show us RPG fans some love. Time to get it together and stop focusing on whether Shepard should give Garrus a reach around or not.
  66. May 17, 2011
    I was looking forward to this game for a long time, had doubts sometimes, but what i saw today morning, blew me away and made my jaw hit the floor. I'm writing this in a short break for a launch, going back soon and wont stop till i pass out, its THAT good. Thank you CDPR, finally a RPG game, not mindless action game with statistics. It works flawlessly on medium settings on my 3 years oldI was looking forward to this game for a long time, had doubts sometimes, but what i saw today morning, blew me away and made my jaw hit the floor. I'm writing this in a short break for a launch, going back soon and wont stop till i pass out, its THAT good. Thank you CDPR, finally a RPG game, not mindless action game with statistics. It works flawlessly on medium settings on my 3 years old pc, and it still looks better than any game i played lately (except metro 2033 and crysis 1) if DA2 got 8+ than TW2 should get at least 30, sadly only 10 is possible. Expand
  67. May 17, 2011
    The best game what I've ever played! If you like RPG, you must buy it! I don't know why fanboys of DA2 are rating this epic game down. Someday CD Project will be great company!!! :)
  68. May 18, 2011
    Excellent Game. Excellent RPG.
    PC Power Hungry RPG too.

Graphics, Atmosphere, Ambiance..
    Improvement over the original in nearly all aspects: graphics, gameplay, combat.. Refined and tuned.. Surpasses the good first sequel..

So many things to do and so many places to explore.

Geralt is charming too. You play an interesting character.

People take notes. This is how PC Gaming should be.
  69. May 17, 2011
    I think this is the best looking game too!! I got everything maxed to uber settings, even after u select uber I selected Very large textures and another setting that I bumped higher then the uber default I am so proud at my rig and I love how gorgeous this game is!!! Outstanding!!! This game is way better then crysis 2, it's amazing!!

The Story and characters are even better then the

The Story and characters are even better then the graphics BEST GAME!!!!!
  70. May 17, 2011
    The Witcher 2 : Assassins of Kings is one of the best Action role - playing game ever made by human being. Ladies and gentlemen, here is a candidate for a game of the year.
  71. May 17, 2011
    The people that have rated this game a zero are just idiots there is no way this game is a zero its a ten out of ten simply stunning and when the patches and might i add free DLC arrives it will be even better DA2 is nothing compared to this everything about the witcher screams quality from the graphics down to the game play this is how games should be made well done CD Project.
  72. May 18, 2011
    Got to love all trolls, with names like "Bioware" trying to lower this score. This game's biggest flaw is the technical side of things, which they are working out, much of that is user error. This a great game, don't let the bioware love crowd, try hate on this. Because there precious DA2 didn't deliver. Enjoy this great game people!
  73. May 17, 2011
    This game is really amazing, can we please not have people naming themselves from my favorite developer company (BioWare) and making the company look bad. Most likely you are not in the company and if you were a gamer there is no way a game like this would be rated with a 0. Give an honest review, both of them have only given 1-3 reviews overall.
  74. May 17, 2011
    Absolutely thoroughly enjoyable game. Huge improvement over the first game. The DRM-free (GOG.com!), free DLC, absolutely brilliant game. Get it if you can.
  75. May 17, 2011
    Best RPG since Mass Effect 2 but graphically the best looking game I've ever seen really worth the money even tho TW2 only costs 23£!!! Epic deal get it !!!!
  76. May 17, 2011
    Created this account just to counter M_stanndard, a EA/Bioware employee. While I have only played the Witcher 2 for a couple of hours, I can already tell it is at least a 7 on 10 BARE MINIMUM. Therefore, I am giving it a 10, since mr Stanndard's 0 and my 10 will still only average to a 5, which is way lower than what the game deserve.
  77. May 17, 2011
    The Witcher 2 is definitely a pretender for game of the year 2011. Everything in the game is wonderful - nonlinear plot, great characters, compelling story with intrigue in the background. Next important thing is how much CD Projekt Red love players - game is DRM-free and all DLC will be free. With CD Projekt Red it's great to be a pc gamer.
  78. May 17, 2011
    I would give this game a GOTY not just in the RPG, but generally across all genres. The game has amazing graphics that push the hardware (you can also play it on crappy PCs too, so props to devs for optimizing the engine). The game has glorious story and awesome combat mechanics, go watch YouTube if you don't believe me.

More important, this game has an awesome developer behind it that

More important, this game has an awesome developer behind it that does everything RIGHT. No DRM, free DLC, modding tools, PC-only. Thank you CD Project.
  79. May 17, 2011
    Definitely one of the best games I've ever played. Amazing story, compelling characters, incredible graphics and great battle mechanics. Congratulations CD Project RED - You've done great job making most immersing RPG ever.
  80. May 17, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What I can tell ? This game is great for me. Dialogs, combat system, story, animations, graphics. On my old PC i can play with high details. Optimization is great. For me, game is candidate for Game of the Year. I think it can be one of the BEST PC game EVER. Expand
  81. May 17, 2011
    This is one of the best RPG of 2011 year. DA2 was terrible, ME3 can be better, but is coming in 2012. Beautiful graphics, lots of important decisions - this is how you make games. Bioware should learn from CDProjekt RED and make DA3 somewhat like The Witcher 2. But beware, the combat system is quite demanding and casuals can have some problems with it, even on easy.
  82. May 22, 2011
    Immersion, quality writing, mature choices that DO matter and the very best graphics seen on any video game to date. I could go on but I don't really think there's any need for me to. If you feel for quality RPG's even in the slightest, you will get this and spend a million happy hours lost in Temeria.
  83. May 17, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great game. I think it is the best RPG in 2011. interesting story, great adventure, good dialogues and amazing graphics, very good music and sounds. World in game is deep, dark and brutal.To be honest - game has a few, small defects but it does not affect in pleasure from game. I recommend the witcher 2 all fans of RPG in particular fans of first part of the Witcher. Expand
  84. May 17, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Very fun and engaging game with lots of action and RPG elements, a must have for every RPG fan or gaming fan for that matters. Definitely a contender for best RPG of the year! And you got to love the hate from all the Bioware lovers. Expand
  85. May 26, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I started to play RPG games as a child and I have experienced a lot. I can say that The Witcher 2 is my favourite RPG game of ALL TIME. Graphics, story-line, battle system, characters, music - everything is perfect. I hadn't had so much fun playing for a long time... After I have finished the game, I've started the game again, now on hard difficulty. TW2 ROCKS!! Expand
  86. May 17, 2011
    *No crappy DRM
    *Free DLCs
    *No "item" nonsense that comes with preorders and childish games played to get orders.
    *Actual content
    *Digital Collector's Edition for 45 U.S. dollars compared to other games that charge $60+

On top of all that this is a great game. I wouldn't call it GOTY yet because there are many great games coming out in 2011, but it should be up there in the running.
  87. May 17, 2011
    1:First let me say that this game is amazing & Cd Projekt has made one of the best rpg I have ever played!
    2:Most Rpg's get something right like magic or story or fighting!
    3:The Witcher 2 get gets the story,Fighting and magic right! 3: I am so glade I pre ordered this amazing game & I don't want my money back! 4: It stomps all over dragon lame 2! 5:The main quest without side quests &
    2:Most Rpg's get something right like magic or story or fighting!
    3:The Witcher 2 get gets the story,Fighting and magic right!
    3: I am so glade I pre ordered this amazing game & I don't want my money back!
    4: It stomps all over dragon lame 2!
    5:The main quest without side quests & taking different paths is 40 hours!
    6:Nuff said buy this game!
    7:My personal goty!
  88. May 17, 2011
    ok first what i have to say- DO NOT read M_Stannard's review. and others negative reviews. they are bioware workers. they scared, because the Witcher 2 have very good reviews. and what about Dragon Age 2? well... you see.
    ok now about The Witcher 2- The best sequel ever. I'm mad fan of The Witcher (in original- The Witcher is fantasy book. and game is based on that story) I can feel this wonderful climate... this wonderful music. this wonderful storyline. I can't stop play it! The most non-linear game.
  89. May 17, 2011
    RPG of the year Bioware should take a long hard look at this game. This is a REAL rpg not a watered down action adventure with rpg "lite" features tacked on.
  90. May 17, 2011
    This was worth what felt like a very long wait. If the first game was the statement of intent, this is the full realisation of those aims. Everything that worked in the first game has been tuned up to a yet higher magnitude, everything that needed polish has been TLC'd to a shine and everything that detracted from the game has been thrown out and replaced with something that deserves toThis was worth what felt like a very long wait. If the first game was the statement of intent, this is the full realisation of those aims. Everything that worked in the first game has been tuned up to a yet higher magnitude, everything that needed polish has been TLC'd to a shine and everything that detracted from the game has been thrown out and replaced with something that deserves to stand alongside the other great achievements of the game.

The storyline carries on in true cinematic fashion, but not in a hand-holding MGS kind of way - no, from the offset you're playing your own Geralt and interacting with the world and characters in the way you see fit. The voice acting was inconsistent in the first game, never awful but rarely that good. In this game it's knitted together much more coherently which adds to the believability and aids in the storytelling and roleplaying. The combat in the first game was a case of a good idea that just didn't work quite as planned. The sequel sees the developer nail it and deliver a fighting system that represents the way the characters fight in the books and feels natural and fluid for the player. Hell, even the way the game updates and installs DLC (all of it is free, no DLC will cost you any money in this game) is user friendly and a pleasure to use.

I simply couldn't recommend this game more for a fan of RPGs, adventure or even just good stories told well.
  91. May 17, 2011
    Can't decide which is best: the amazing graphics, the compelling narrative or the incredible depth this game possesses. The Witcher 2 sets a new standard for computer RPGs, with a mature world, filled with remarkable characters in a game which is a tantamount to Stroker's Dracula as is Dragon Age II to Twilight. But it's not just that. CDProjekt has been shown a respectful developerCan't decide which is best: the amazing graphics, the compelling narrative or the incredible depth this game possesses. The Witcher 2 sets a new standard for computer RPGs, with a mature world, filled with remarkable characters in a game which is a tantamount to Stroker's Dracula as is Dragon Age II to Twilight. But it's not just that. CDProjekt has been shown a respectful developer towards PC gamers in general, offering free DLCs, an amazing Collector's Edition which is not riddled with in-game items and the best graphics your computer is or isn't able to handle. The game itself is a perfect 10; CDProjekt's attitude makes it worth an 11. Expand
  92. May 17, 2011
    This game is quite possibly the best game I've ever played. Depth and accessibility all in one.

Few games achieve the perfection TW2 has reached, the world is engrossing, the combat is fun, the RPG STILL EXISTS! Conversation is believable, adult, non-patronizing and totally involving. TW1 didn't even come close to this, it only hinted at it. Thank you CDP for proving that smart people

Thank you CDP for proving that smart people exist still, not everyone is a DA2 tardo-box.
  93. May 17, 2011
    Good game. But unfortunately, only good. Why? The combat system spoiled, and it's hard. Camera where the camera with the shoulder? without it hard to empathize with, and does not interfere with the tree once, during the fight, for example. For just a camera. Not to mention the system of drinking potions. Only in meditation? And where am I, for example, to know what is in front of me andGood game. But unfortunately, only good. Why? The combat system spoiled, and it's hard. Camera where the camera with the shoulder? without it hard to empathize with, and does not interfere with the tree once, during the fight, for example. For just a camera. Not to mention the system of drinking potions. Only in meditation? And where am I, for example, to know what is in front of me and whether I should drink a potion? even on normal difficulty. That fight, kill me and end. Wasted time, and I repeat, does not make sense. And what this sign, shield? For what? I took the first part of the shield and I drank the potion, I fought on, there is simply spoiled senseless. I really do not like it, very disturbing is the fluidity of the game. Too bad. I thought it would be better. 9 gives only because they do not want to specifically penalized, and the game good anyway. Thus, although nine more I write here 8th Expand
  94. May 17, 2011
    This is another level of RPG. Its literally Role playing game, witch real choices. I rely like it. Combat is pretty difficult, but after few hours you will learn. Graphics, and sound is great. I wish for more games like this ;) Game also have DLC system. I have already 2. for free!
  95. Nov 12, 2011
    This game has absolute amazing story. Sometimes it's more like movie than game but who cares if scenes are better than in some movies. The 2.0 patch gave us arena when we can have fun and train before campaign like i did so i finished game on dark mode within 2 days. There are some bugs or errors but they don't interfere to much so i didn't really care. I'm just waiting for witcher 3 so iThis game has absolute amazing story. Sometimes it's more like movie than game but who cares if scenes are better than in some movies. The 2.0 patch gave us arena when we can have fun and train before campaign like i did so i finished game on dark mode within 2 days. There are some bugs or errors but they don't interfere to much so i didn't really care. I'm just waiting for witcher 3 so i can see if my chooses were good Expand
  96. Nov 28, 2011
    In one word: stunning. In a few more: the greatest game of 2011. The saddest part is so many people will skip playing it purely because it doesn't fall within their limited preconceptions of what sort of game they want to play, yet it is these people that could gain so much by playing it. Play it. Love it. Cherish it. PC gaming has never been so good. Arcanum and Planescape: TormentIn one word: stunning. In a few more: the greatest game of 2011. The saddest part is so many people will skip playing it purely because it doesn't fall within their limited preconceptions of what sort of game they want to play, yet it is these people that could gain so much by playing it. Play it. Love it. Cherish it. PC gaming has never been so good. Arcanum and Planescape: Torment lookout. This series has it's eyes fixated on severly knocking on the door and boldly proclaiming that it is possible to beat nostalgia and you don't need a crowbar to do it. Expand
  97. May 17, 2011
    This game is amazing. The depth it contains is what true RPG gamers want. The writing and game play are superb. When you play this game, you realize how terrible other games are that try to call themselves RPGs (Dragon Age 2). If you like complexity, depth, fun game play and a great story you can't go wrong with this game. Long live the true RPG games, down with simplified mainstreamThis game is amazing. The depth it contains is what true RPG gamers want. The writing and game play are superb. When you play this game, you realize how terrible other games are that try to call themselves RPGs (Dragon Age 2). If you like complexity, depth, fun game play and a great story you can't go wrong with this game. Long live the true RPG games, down with simplified mainstream crap like Dragon Age 2! Expand
  98. May 27, 2011
    As one of those dissapointed with DA2 i aproached the Witcher 2 with caution, however i neednt have feared because the game is quite simply stunning! For reference, i enjoyed the Witcher 1 after they released the re-done sound. I thought the combat was lacking but the story and atmosphere from Chapter 2 onwards were good enough that i didnt mid the short comings so much. The Witcher 2 isAs one of those dissapointed with DA2 i aproached the Witcher 2 with caution, however i neednt have feared because the game is quite simply stunning! For reference, i enjoyed the Witcher 1 after they released the re-done sound. I thought the combat was lacking but the story and atmosphere from Chapter 2 onwards were good enough that i didnt mid the short comings so much. The Witcher 2 is an improvement in almost everyway. First of all, one of the things everyone is talking about are the graphics. They are probably some of the best graphics currently available. Every moving tree and nasty beasty look exactly as they are supposed to with beautiful design. The attention to detail doesnt stop there though. The game is brought to life by a substantial amount of things going on in the background from soldiers groaning about their lot in life to whores selling their services. From the first moment you really get drawn in. The combat is improved by a long way but perhaps not mastered yet. The delay in reaction time can get frustration and the game does really punish you for getting it wrong, that is until you upgrade. Talking of upgrading, the game manages character development fairly well. There arent the amount of options i usually prefer in RPG;s but they do make a difference and you really feel as if your character is improving through out the game. The storyline is well crafted and well told with only a few average voiceovers to marr its tale. All of the quests, sidequests included are fun and engaging and no two are the same. There will be no fetch quests in this game. The adult nature of the game is done in a much more tasteful way this itme and you wont feel offended by the gameb ut instead just take it for granted that the way they present the world is the way it is. In other words, the adult aspects dont stand out like a sore thumb like they did in the Witcher 1.

There are a few problems however. For one there is the doors. They are akward to navigate and in a minor way, kill the immersion when you have to locate the correct point to stand to open them, and even then only one person can go through at the itme, often shutting the door in your companions face. The jumping points suffer from the same problem. The ending is less the satisfying but does its job but you can forgive that by the way all your choices throughout the game mold it until you are quite literally playing in the world you chose. To the point where the entire second chapter is different depending on your choices in the first chapter.

This is a fine example of how an action RPG should be made, its perhaps not as deep as the rpgs of old, but it certainly handsdown beats its competition. I highly reccomend this game.
  99. Jun 4, 2011
    So far, this gets my vote for GOTY for 2011. The graphics are simply amazing; all those PC elitists who say "this game doesn't have DX11 so it blows, blah blah blah" need to take a close look at what CD Project has done with DX9. This is definitely one of the Top 10 best looking games of all-time, across all platforms. The story was great, and the length was above average (took me aboutSo far, this gets my vote for GOTY for 2011. The graphics are simply amazing; all those PC elitists who say "this game doesn't have DX11 so it blows, blah blah blah" need to take a close look at what CD Project has done with DX9. This is definitely one of the Top 10 best looking games of all-time, across all platforms. The story was great, and the length was above average (took me about 22 hours). The ending was not quite what I was expecting, but doesn't detract enough from the game to move my vote from a 10 to a 9. All-in-all, the best old school RPG (Mass Effect isn't what I'd consider old school) I've played since Morrowind. 10/10 Expand
  100. May 24, 2011