8.4

1. May 18, 2011
    Stellar Atmosphere, Great Audio Effects, and Captivating Story. When I first installed the Witcher 2, those traits are what grabbed me. At the end of November and the beginning of December, I preordered my collector's addition at Gamestop. I am slightly disappointed at the package material used to contain my items. The black "fuzziness" coats the bust. At once, I noticed how much of aStellar Atmosphere, Great Audio Effects, and Captivating Story. When I first installed the Witcher 2, those traits are what grabbed me. At the end of November and the beginning of December, I preordered my collector's addition at Gamestop. I am slightly disappointed at the package material used to contain my items. The black "fuzziness" coats the bust. At once, I noticed how much of a challenge that TW 2's combat serves. On normal, a player needs to make use of the alchemy system. A player needs to think ahead with the potions that they consume.

Some annoyances with the auto save game feature brought my score down. Each time a player autosaves it creates a new save. The "game-guide" is slightly out of date. Locking on a target can prove to be a burden. For example, he will sometimes try to put out a torch instead of attacking the target. The serial codes came printed with "0" instead of a capital "o". Almost every time I log in I notice that the server is done. However, CDProjekt is working to fix those issues.
  2. May 17, 2011
    At this current time of the year I'd have to say it's the best of this year and to my taste, one of the best RPGs I've played since the first Witcher or Mass Effect 1. This isn't your normal Dragon Age 2 picnic RPG with everything given to you in a linear 15 hour story.
    Amazing atmosphere. Amazing combat. Amazing music. Amazing character development, I loved how everything tied in together like the original Witcher, all the choices for your own taste in side quests which affect the story, everything just fits in perfectly.
  3. Jun 13, 2011
    An absolute triumph of challenging gameplay and mature non-linear RPGs. To say that it crushes Dragon Age II is an understatement. This is a game you need to have in your collection if you even remotely enjoy RPGs.
  4. May 17, 2011
    The best RPG ever, in my opinion, CD Project RED are the best, i have played it for about 7 hours and i already like it more than Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 2, Fallout 3, all them together.

Simply Amazing
  5. May 17, 2011
    I'm a Bioware fanboy, I loved DA2. However this is BETTER! How anyone can give it a 0 is beyond me. He's obviously here to down-score the game and not to give an honest review. The graphics are stunning, sound, gameplay, everything. On top of that, it's the best retail box collection I've had in AGES! Companies seem to forget some of us like the box and to add all the items they have withI'm a Bioware fanboy, I loved DA2. However this is BETTER! How anyone can give it a 0 is beyond me. He's obviously here to down-score the game and not to give an honest review. The graphics are stunning, sound, gameplay, everything. On top of that, it's the best retail box collection I've had in AGES! Companies seem to forget some of us like the box and to add all the items they have with this one makes it all the sweeter. Ignore M_Standard, he's not here to critique the game. Expand
  6. May 18, 2011
    I have waited a long time for this game, and my expectations were very high. And now after playing Witcher 2, I can say that I'm satisfied with every aspect of this game. The Witcher 2 should become an example for other developers, what RPG game should be. In one word, it is masterpiece. I haven't doubt that Witcher 2 will be the game of the Year 2011.
  7. Jun 1, 2011
    Fantastic game, steep learning curve, but once you get the hang of how it works, it's a great rpg. Very mature game, and definitely made for adults, quite alot of smart thinking is required to survive and complete quests in this game. Highly recommend playing on the highest quality setting you machine will run, because the game just looks stunning.
  8. May 17, 2011
    Best RPG i ever played in a long time. My candidate for Game of the Year 2011. Story is great and nonlinear, choices are great, graphics looks amazing! Since first play i know that is game made from fans for fans. That is what should looks modern rpgs! Also fantastic characters and fight system... i can't wait until i'll play it again. Of course game has minor bugs, but no one of themBest RPG i ever played in a long time. My candidate for Game of the Year 2011. Story is great and nonlinear, choices are great, graphics looks amazing! Since first play i know that is game made from fans for fans. That is what should looks modern rpgs! Also fantastic characters and fight system... i can't wait until i'll play it again. Of course game has minor bugs, but no one of them interfere in the game. Witcher 2 have my full recommendation! 10 Expand
  9. May 17, 2011
    In terms of sheer immersion and atmosphere it plays at least as well as the first one. Except everything in the world seems grander and more defined as a courtesy of state of the art graphics engine and inspired art direction. The only thing keeping the original Witcher from being a perfect cRPG was its somewhat rough game mechanics (i.e. combat) and some technical hiccups. With theseIn terms of sheer immersion and atmosphere it plays at least as well as the first one. Except everything in the world seems grander and more defined as a courtesy of state of the art graphics engine and inspired art direction. The only thing keeping the original Witcher from being a perfect cRPG was its somewhat rough game mechanics (i.e. combat) and some technical hiccups. With these ironed out, it seems that only Skyrim seems like a worthy competitor for the cRPG of the Year title. Expand
  10. May 19, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This definitely is Game of the Year 2011. The single best cRPG I have played since diablo 2, witcher 1.the only gmae i could compare it is demon soul. The characters are deep and complex, the storyline develops depending on your actions and choices. It takes what was good from every single RPG released in the last 15 years and makes it into something better. The graphics are simply the best ever seen in an RPG to date, if not the best that we have so far in any game. The flaws are few if any(graphic bug i think but corect with driver as any new release). The stealth sections are not the best, but they are optional, and there are a few bugs and such. There is no ACTUAL character customization, but you can change what the protagonist is wearing with quite a bit. The combat system works quite well. It may not be the best combat system in gaming history, but it does exactly what is is supposed to do. But all that is just beside the point. The atmosphere, the music and the character lines are just amazing, combining to create one of the best RPG's of all time.and the diffciulty is here i play in normal actually in chapter 2 i dead near 1 00 times i can't imagine so far the difficulty on hard and insane. Expand
  11. May 17, 2011
    Outstanding, extraordinary and awesom game. The best i have ever play. The Witcher 2 is the Assasin of kings like Blizzard or EA :) You will play it sooner or later, believe me.
  12. May 17, 2011
    M_Standard Obviously does not know what he is talking about, saying Dragon age 2 is a better game is like saying eating pile of crap is better then having a steak dinner.
    The Witcher 2 is one of the deepest and best RPG's of the past 10 years and with some many different options, amazing amounts of different paths you can take and of course the graphical beauty, I will honestly be amazed if it does not get game of the year 2011.
    If you love RPG's and you love gaming, get the Witcher 2, its worth it.
  13. May 17, 2011
    One of the best games I've ever played. Bioware should beware of the mighty Witcher. The well narrated non-linear story, beautiful music and breathtaking graphics are the strongest aspects of The Witcher 2. There is just nothing more to tell
  14. May 17, 2011
    Sensational game. CD Projekt will be rubbing shoulders with Blizzard and Valve soon if they keep up this quality. The attention to detail throughout is on a new level, you can't help but stop and gaze through a markets goods or simply watch villagers as they go about their day-to-day business. The story so far is enthralling and the character design is Blizzard standard. Hat's off to CDSensational game. CD Projekt will be rubbing shoulders with Blizzard and Valve soon if they keep up this quality. The attention to detail throughout is on a new level, you can't help but stop and gaze through a markets goods or simply watch villagers as they go about their day-to-day business. The story so far is enthralling and the character design is Blizzard standard. Hat's off to CD Projekt, I've not been so happy with a purchase in as long as I can remember. Expand
  15. May 18, 2011
    ED Studio takes the best of the achievements of BioWare and Obsidian Entertainment, introducing a ton of their ideas and outstanding artistic setting. The Witcher 2 impresses on so many levels that it is hard to clearly identify its strongest point.
  16. May 17, 2011
    One of the best games I've ever played. Stunning graphics, running so smoothly on my PC, beautiful locations, amazing storyline, great characters... Honestly, I love this game.
  17. May 17, 2011
    The Witcher 2 is definitely game of the year, at this moment. Almost every aspect of this game was polished... masterpiece. When you play it, you just feel it. Stunning graphic, voice acting, level design... I just need to find 'evil side' of this game... atm - i can't.

It's definitely fresh breath, for nowadays RPG's.
    I bow before you, CDP Red.
  18. May 17, 2011
    Finally a great RPG with: mature content, no paying DLCs, and a way to get the game with no DRM (on gog.com). The game itself rules so far, awesome graphics, convincing story, interesting quests and background, incredible music, I love this game !
  19. May 17, 2011
    An absolute triumph in the art of RPG storytelling. By far the most compelling characters, boldest storytelling, and most enjoyable combat in any RPG designed to date. Look on and despair, Bethesda, for the RPG of the Year won't be yours this time. While EA has made a few blunders in the marketing of this superb game, that does not detract from CD Projeckt's mastery of game design. I'm aAn absolute triumph in the art of RPG storytelling. By far the most compelling characters, boldest storytelling, and most enjoyable combat in any RPG designed to date. Look on and despair, Bethesda, for the RPG of the Year won't be yours this time. While EA has made a few blunders in the marketing of this superb game, that does not detract from CD Projeckt's mastery of game design. I'm a long time fan of RPGs in general and CD Projeckt in particular as a master of the genre, and this is certainly one of my favourites. If you enjoy good RPGs, mature stories that don't insult your intelligence, wonderfully human fleshed-out characters, and engaging combat, this is the baby for you. Expand
  20. May 17, 2011
    An AMAZING game. Challenging, beautiful, adult, and engaging. Everything about the game, from the swordplay to the dialog is brilliantly crafted. Add in the fact that it is DRM free off of GOG, and you have a game that is set to bring an overwhelming positive change to gaming as a whole. Well done CD Projekt!
  21. May 18, 2011
    A Beautiful Game.
    Scenery, atmosphere and the rich colours are beautiful. Story is all engrossing(decisions, decisions). Interesting gritty fleshed out characters. Great combat. Great game.
  22. May 17, 2011
    Definitely one of the best games I've ever played. Amazing story, compelling characters, incredible graphics and great battle mechanics. Congratulations CD Project RED - You've done great job making most immersing RPG ever.
  23. May 17, 2011
    Created this account just to counter M_stanndard, a EA/Bioware employee. While I have only played the Witcher 2 for a couple of hours, I can already tell it is at least a 7 on 10 BARE MINIMUM. Therefore, I am giving it a 10, since mr Stanndard's 0 and my 10 will still only average to a 5, which is way lower than what the game deserve.
  24. May 17, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What I can tell ? This game is great for me. Dialogs, combat system, story, animations, graphics. On my old PC i can play with high details. Optimization is great. For me, game is candidate for Game of the Year. I think it can be one of the BEST PC game EVER. Expand
  25. May 17, 2011
    Beats the crap out of Dragon Age 2. This is the way sequels should be made - bigger, prettier and generally awesomer. The story is great, the characters are interesting and cut-scenes are breathtaking. In comparison with The Witcher the graphics were HIGHLY improved, on the highest possible settings making it the prettiest RPG ever made. it is hard (even on the Normal settings) andBeats the crap out of Dragon Age 2. This is the way sequels should be made - bigger, prettier and generally awesomer. The story is great, the characters are interesting and cut-scenes are breathtaking. In comparison with The Witcher the graphics were HIGHLY improved, on the highest possible settings making it the prettiest RPG ever made. it is hard (even on the Normal settings) and challenging, but not frustrating with the new (more arcade) style of fighting. I won't say it is only worth playing - it is worth buying instantly !

BioWare, better learn from this and make Mass Effect 3 a kickass game or you will lose the crown of the best cRPG makers.
  26. May 17, 2011
    Absolutely stunning, movie-like experience. The game looks gorgeous even on low graphics settings. Pacing is good and story is brilliant. GOTY for sure.
  27. May 17, 2011
    It's pretty sad that some people are depraved enough to give this amazing game a 0. Listen, I've been a Bioware fan since Baldur's Gate, and have played all their games since. Pre-ordering a Bioware game used to be standard operating procedure for me until they dumbed down ME2 for the masses. That was the turning point for me, but I still gave them the benefit of the doubt. After DA2, itIt's pretty sad that some people are depraved enough to give this amazing game a 0. Listen, I've been a Bioware fan since Baldur's Gate, and have played all their games since. Pre-ordering a Bioware game used to be standard operating procedure for me until they dumbed down ME2 for the masses. That was the turning point for me, but I still gave them the benefit of the doubt. After DA2, it became clear that this was going to be the new trend: lazy, uninspired, rushed games, over-hyped and marketed to the FPS short attention span crowd.

It actually doesn't surprise me, it makes a lot of sense. Young, hungry companies like CDPR tend to be very passionate, idealistic, and all-or-nothing when it comes to making a name for themselves by putting the best product they can out there to stand out from the established brands. Bioware used to be a company like that, but as time went on the founders got increasingly comfortable with their company's success, and going from being 20-something and trying to make your mark in the world to being 30-something or 40-something with a company to run and a family to support, a mortgage to pay, etc. changes one's priorities. Accepting an offer of hundreds of millions of dollars for that company is pretty much a no-brainer, and I'm sure the people at Bioware were well aware of the consequences of being bought out by a company like EA. Fast forward to today, and we all can see the inevitable results of the EA buyout, except the few deranged hyper-fanboys/employees that are still in denial and giving genuine works of art a 0 rating...smh... Anyways, I'm not hating on Bioware here, just showing some tough love. I don't care who the developer is as long as they put some heart into it and show us RPG fans some love. Time to get it together and stop focusing on whether Shepard should give Garrus a reach around or not.
  28. May 17, 2011
    @ M_Stannard - Dragon Age 2 was terrible, CDProjekt has completely blown that game out of the water with The Witcher 2. This new Witcher is amazing, it brings everything important to an RPG and manages to remain unique. Whereas Dragon Age 2 was clearly rushed and intended to make a quick profit (aimed mostly at BioWare fanbois like Stannard who will buy a terrible game for the brand name),@ M_Stannard - Dragon Age 2 was terrible, CDProjekt has completely blown that game out of the water with The Witcher 2. This new Witcher is amazing, it brings everything important to an RPG and manages to remain unique. Whereas Dragon Age 2 was clearly rushed and intended to make a quick profit (aimed mostly at BioWare fanbois like Stannard who will buy a terrible game for the brand name), The Witcher 2 exudes passion and love from the studio. Well done CDProjekt, you have earned BioWare's RPG crown. Expand
  29. May 19, 2011
    I' ve just played for about 8 hours without a brake. This game is truly amazing. Why would anyone give a masterpiece like that a 0?I feel sorry for you. Get a life. adfasdfasdfasdf
  30. May 17, 2011
    Best RPG of 2011 for sure (at least untill Skyrim gets released). Story, combat system, new engine, Premium Edition at the cost of a regular game, character animations, sound, are just a few reasons. 100% recommended game. And remember that we get all DLC's for FREE! I wonder if CD Projekt Red will release a new editor soon (Djinni 2?), that would be great for the modding community.

To

To the one that reviewed this game with a 0...
    Bioware must learn from this game, they need to improve a lot since that crappy Jade Empire. DAO was quite good, but not an excellent game (I don't speak about DA2, because it should never existed) and I don't consider that Mass Effect is a roleplaying game...wonder why people keep saying that, it's an action game with some rpg elements, but an action game from the basis (and too similiar to GoW in game mechanics...but that's not the point). By the way, I am myself a BioWare fan because they made the best RPG of all time in pair with Black Isle (Planescape Torment it's algo great), but since NWN their games just keep being dissapointing. And now that EA is in charge...we are all doomed :/
  31. May 17, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Best RPG for this year, Story is great and nonlinear, choices are great, graphics looks amazing! ,good combat mechanics,Great improvement since Witcher 1, CD Projekt did a great job with this game. Probably one of the best cRPG in history of modern gaming in my opinion

This game is probably GOTY of year 2011 in category of cRPG. Great writing, good combat mechanics, great gameplay whatsoever. Feels like good old cRPGs like Planescape or Baldurs Gate.
  32. May 17, 2011
    This is how you do it. Deep character system? Check Epic story? Check Engaging combat? Check No DRM? Check Same price across regions? Check Free DLC forever? Check CD Projekt is the anti-EA/Bioware...
  33. May 17, 2011
    The most beautiful RPG game EVER. Graphics and audio are just stunning, other developers should learn from CDP how to create a fantastic engine. Another thing is great, mature, involving story. The game is absolutely the most non-linear next gen RPG. When I asked my friend about his progress in the story, it sounded like he played a completely different game! I'm sure I will complete theThe most beautiful RPG game EVER. Graphics and audio are just stunning, other developers should learn from CDP how to create a fantastic engine. Another thing is great, mature, involving story. The game is absolutely the most non-linear next gen RPG. When I asked my friend about his progress in the story, it sounded like he played a completely different game! I'm sure I will complete the game 16 times, to see all of the endings. It's a must have for every RPG fan out there, and every PC gamer. Expand
  34. May 17, 2011
    I was looking forward to this game for a long time, had doubts sometimes, but what i saw today morning, blew me away and made my jaw hit the floor. I'm writing this in a short break for a launch, going back soon and wont stop till i pass out, its THAT good. Thank you CDPR, finally a RPG game, not mindless action game with statistics. It works flawlessly on medium settings on my 3 years oldI was looking forward to this game for a long time, had doubts sometimes, but what i saw today morning, blew me away and made my jaw hit the floor. I'm writing this in a short break for a launch, going back soon and wont stop till i pass out, its THAT good. Thank you CDPR, finally a RPG game, not mindless action game with statistics. It works flawlessly on medium settings on my 3 years old pc, and it still looks better than any game i played lately (except metro 2033 and crysis 1) if DA2 got 8+ than TW2 should get at least 30, sadly only 10 is possible. Expand
  35. May 18, 2011
    Great GAME ! Definetly going to buy it straight from gog . Exellent job CD Project ! Damn guys keept it comming ! This will be my 5-th title ever bought ... you know i am from Eastern Europe too :D I own all WOW , Witcher 1, ME1 and ME2 .... BioWARE & EA : you freaking tricked us here in romania with the cerberus codes for ME2 . Never recived any code in the box , just a reply from EAGreat GAME ! Definetly going to buy it straight from gog . Exellent job CD Project ! Damn guys keept it comming ! This will be my 5-th title ever bought ... you know i am from Eastern Europe too :D I own all WOW , Witcher 1, ME1 and ME2 .... BioWARE & EA : you freaking tricked us here in romania with the cerberus codes for ME2 . Never recived any code in the box , just a reply from EA that the copies sold in Romania do not have the code . GG Bioware , you won't see my money anytime soon . Its just painfull that you do not want them. Ohh by the way have a great time tracking the pirates through SSL :P

P.S: To all users that keep saying DA2 it is better than TW2 ..... ..... you got the versions totally wrong. You should edit your posts and say : DA1 it is better than TW1 .. and that it is true :)
  36. May 17, 2011
    This is it, the game worth every penny. After so many faliures on the game market i see light. I see GOTY 2011. And yea, its called The Witcher 2 Assassins Of Kings!
  37. May 17, 2011
    Hugely enjoyable experience so far (5-10 hrs in). Quite a bit more action oriented than I expected, especially in the combat, which took a little while to get used to. And the early Prologue part of the game is really a series of linear action levels. But once it opens up and you can run around exploring towns and solving problems for people this is pure CRPG bliss. Amazingly well madeHugely enjoyable experience so far (5-10 hrs in). Quite a bit more action oriented than I expected, especially in the combat, which took a little while to get used to. And the early Prologue part of the game is really a series of linear action levels. But once it opens up and you can run around exploring towns and solving problems for people this is pure CRPG bliss. Amazingly well made game. Can not recommend it enough for anyone interested in adventure, action or rpg games. The world of the Witcher is a strange mix of a fairly believable gritty european medieval world with magic, elves, dwarves and huge monsters. Expand
  38. May 17, 2011
    This game is very good cRPG. Beautiful locations and graphics, interesting quests, super gameplay and wonderful atmosphere makes it extremely. Polish, good job! :)
  39. May 18, 2011
    Masterpiece. One of the best games ever - engaging, realistic, mature and beautiful. This is how modern RPG should look like.

(I wanted to give it a "9", but when I saw those Bio Ware fanboys/employees/WOMM-guys giving it zeros, I realized that only a score of "10" would be fair).
  40. May 17, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Every pc gamer and lover RPG game need this game. CD-Project make a great work. The best RPG game in years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  41. May 17, 2011
    For sure The witcher 2 will be RPG of the year 2011. And it will have big chances to be a best game of year 2011. The Witcher 2 is best game i ever played in a very long time. Beautyfull graphics, nonlinear and addictive story, innovative combat system, great dialogs are just a few of many advantages.
  42. May 17, 2011
    My, is this thing overrated! A good ole' RPG but nothing really new gameplay wise. Visuals hold their own but the story takes itself so damn seriously that it's impossible to enjoy the experience. Oh and it's one of those emo fantasy BS worlds where everything is so medieval England slash Russia it's no longer funny.
  43. May 17, 2011
    Perfect, fantastic and amazing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  44. May 17, 2011
    The Witcher 2 is definitely a pretender for game of the year 2011. Everything in the game is wonderful - nonlinear plot, great characters, compelling story with intrigue in the background. Next important thing is how much CD Projekt Red love players - game is DRM-free and all DLC will be free. With CD Projekt Red it's great to be a pc gamer.
  45. May 17, 2011
    Best RPG i ever playedBest RPG i ever played !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  46. May 17, 2011
    This is the best RPG game ever (believe me I am a big RPG fan). CD-PROJECT RED is the new leader in creating such games. This is the firs game where you can actually play as you like, creating a new reality with each decision you make (sic!). I hope I wont blow out of proportion if I say that this game define RPG term. 10 points is way to low. (And last thing: every downloadable contentThis is the best RPG game ever (believe me I am a big RPG fan). CD-PROJECT RED is the new leader in creating such games. This is the firs game where you can actually play as you like, creating a new reality with each decision you make (sic!). I hope I wont blow out of proportion if I say that this game define RPG term. 10 points is way to low. (And last thing: every downloadable content like new adventure, new "sword" or new "armour" will be for free!) Expand
  47. May 17, 2011
    I don't know how M_Stannard could give this game a zero, especially after giving Dragon Age 2 a 10. This game is one of the most impressive games in years. A lot of game companies forget who their customers are and instead seek to fill their pockets. This game is an example of a game where the developers truly care about making a great product. The story is great, the graphics are amazing,I don't know how M_Stannard could give this game a zero, especially after giving Dragon Age 2 a 10. This game is one of the most impressive games in years. A lot of game companies forget who their customers are and instead seek to fill their pockets. This game is an example of a game where the developers truly care about making a great product. The story is great, the graphics are amazing, the voice acting is phenomenal, and the combat is better than the original. This is a game that once you start, you won't stop until finished. One of the best RPGs in years. I was a fan of the original Dragon Age and I was severely let down by the second. This game had successfully filled the RPG void that DA2 left me with. Expand
  48. May 17, 2011
    One of bests game ive played after a long time, the graphics are amazing, everything is made with passion, so deep and immerse.
    TW1 is good, but TW2 is better in all aspects.
  49. May 17, 2011
    Good game. But unfortunately, only good. Why? The combat system spoiled, and it's hard. Camera where the camera with the shoulder? without it hard to empathize with, and does not interfere with the tree once, during the fight, for example. For just a camera. Not to mention the system of drinking potions. Only in meditation? And where am I, for example, to know what is in front of me andGood game. But unfortunately, only good. Why? The combat system spoiled, and it's hard. Camera where the camera with the shoulder? without it hard to empathize with, and does not interfere with the tree once, during the fight, for example. For just a camera. Not to mention the system of drinking potions. Only in meditation? And where am I, for example, to know what is in front of me and whether I should drink a potion? even on normal difficulty. That fight, kill me and end. Wasted time, and I repeat, does not make sense. And what this sign, shield? For what? I took the first part of the shield and I drank the potion, I fought on, there is simply spoiled senseless. I really do not like it, very disturbing is the fluidity of the game. Too bad. I thought it would be better. 9 gives only because they do not want to specifically penalized, and the game good anyway. Thus, although nine more I write here 8th Expand
  50. May 17, 2011
    This is another level of RPG. Its literally Role playing game, witch real choices. I rely like it. Combat is pretty difficult, but after few hours you will learn. Graphics, and sound is great. I wish for more games like this ;) Game also have DLC system. I have already 2. for free!
  51. May 18, 2011
    Truly amazing game, with amazing graphic and with one of the deepest story ever told for the PC. Absolute must-have for any PC-player who likes mature cRPG. Bioware: on your knees. Watch, learn and beg for forgiveness for what you've done with DA2.
  52. May 17, 2011
    This is the best game I've ever played. Non linear story-line, very diversified and smart quests, fantastic graphics, and amazing dialogs, the combat system is great... This game is simply PERFECT!!!!
  53. May 17, 2011
    Easily the best RPG this generation. If not in the last 10 years. Finally a game made by people who love PC gaming. Go out and buy it, you will not regret it. Game of the year winner right here.
  54. May 17, 2011
    This is amazing game. I am not remember when i play in so excting game.
  55. May 17, 2011
    A real dark and Mature game with awesome graphics, fantastic locations, the characters are complex, and a perfect story with great inmersion, where u have many choices and the game acknowledged them, excellent dialogues and good VA, CD Projekt made this game with the fans on mind making the best cRPG that i have played in years, the free dlc are vey good, NOT a 10 because the combat is aA real dark and Mature game with awesome graphics, fantastic locations, the characters are complex, and a perfect story with great inmersion, where u have many choices and the game acknowledged them, excellent dialogues and good VA, CD Projekt made this game with the fans on mind making the best cRPG that i have played in years, the free dlc are vey good, NOT a 10 because the combat is a little clumsy in MY opinion but even that u will enjoy this game for many hours, I haven't finished this but a great game a sure nominated to GOTY. Expand
  56. May 17, 2011
    Absolutely brilliant. IMO one of the best cRPG's. I recommend it to everyone who seeks good story, cool characters and awesome graphics too. A "must have" game !!
  57. May 17, 2011
    This game is a textbook example of how to build a excellent RPG. That was enough, to make Bioware fells threatened and make every employ come here and post nonsense. TW2 deepness and complex character and history is only the scratch on the surface, it solid gameplay balanced among sword, magic and interaction(with everything) make the great appeal for the game so you never fell that youThis game is a textbook example of how to build a excellent RPG. That was enough, to make Bioware fells threatened and make every employ come here and post nonsense. TW2 deepness and complex character and history is only the scratch on the surface, it solid gameplay balanced among sword, magic and interaction(with everything) make the great appeal for the game so you never fell that you have a cheap death or unworthy kill. Don't worry with you die; a lot; you probably going to get the hang of it with time(unless you already started on Extreme and every death is reward if a clean start from the beginning wipe). Expand
  58. May 17, 2011
    Great story, realistic characters, nice graphics, wonderful locations and fun gameplay. Certainly surpasses not only Dragon Age 2 (by far) but Dragon Age 1 and and Mass Effect 2.

59. May 17, 2011
    Brilliant RPG with a well thought out story, refreshing free DLC offered, dedicated developer support and of course the return to one of the best dark and gritty fantasy universes of "The Witcher." Production quality levels are through the roof and the game is actually FUN - I'm thoroughly enjoying all of the different options and opportunities interacting in this living world. This reviewBrilliant RPG with a well thought out story, refreshing free DLC offered, dedicated developer support and of course the return to one of the best dark and gritty fantasy universes of "The Witcher." Production quality levels are through the roof and the game is actually FUN - I'm thoroughly enjoying all of the different options and opportunities interacting in this living world. This review is based on the initial launch of the game - and I'll admit the game could probably still use another patch to hit "the best" possible level, but knowing CD Projekt Red means we know that this patch is coming very soon. If this game were to get an overhaul like the original game's EE edition it would be unfathomably good, a real 11/10. Keep an eye out for this game it will set the bar for RPGs for quite some time! Expand
  60. May 17, 2011
    Outstanding, extraordinary and awesome game. One of the best games i have ever played, and i have played a lot of games. Don't mind the Bioware drones like M_Stannard they are a huge minority here :)
  61. May 17, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Amazing game. Great story, interesting characters nad stunning graphics. Sound track is really impressive. The Witcher 2 has unique atmosphere. Combat system is very demanding at higher difficulty levels. I completely don't understand people who give "0". I definitely recommend this game!!! Expand
  62. May 20, 2011
    This is GOTY for sure.10/10! I dont know why people hate this masterpiece... You need to play in this **** awesome game! Now i just need to wait for tw 3 :(
  63. May 17, 2011
    Well, at the beginning... For all those WHO GAVE 0.0 RATINGS: you are probably Dragon Age II failers or competition. No other explanation to it. I feel sorry for you guys...

Lets start now after little bit of justice done above. Game is a pure MASTERPIECE!!! I can feel a passion creators put in smallest inch of every stone they made and any detail. Passion is the only thing that outstand and raises highly above ordinary, common attitude, which is based on profit only... I couldnt resist playing until I finished and I cant resist playing over again. So much possibilities. No simple good/bad choices, very mature, realistic, badass atmosphere.. I got into it so deeply I couldnt notice time passing by...

I literally tasted every second I spent with this game with authentic pleasure... I could even say I got addicted to that game. I will definetely play that game x times more in different styles and choices made.

I am recomanding it at full of my heart!

PS. Sorry for not sophisticated language and spelling mistakes. English is not my native.

Hail CD Project!!!
  64. May 17, 2011
    Witcher 2 is an awesome game. Everything in it is great: world, characters, dialogues and story. Game looks and runs great on many different PCs. This is one of the best rpg I have ever played. You can call Witcher 2 Game of The Year.
  65. May 17, 2011
    It's a really stunning game, fighting system gives a lot of fun (when your character gets stronger, he learns new moves), graphics is amazing, plot is just very good (especially for fans of whole "The Witcher" franchise). Locations are simply beautiful, this game is just epic. By the way it's a shame that you can't delete those comments made by idiots who give The Witcher 2 zero points andIt's a really stunning game, fighting system gives a lot of fun (when your character gets stronger, he learns new moves), graphics is amazing, plot is just very good (especially for fans of whole "The Witcher" franchise). Locations are simply beautiful, this game is just epic. By the way it's a shame that you can't delete those comments made by idiots who give The Witcher 2 zero points and Dragon Age II. I understand that you DON'T have to enjoy TW2 but NO GAME deserves 0 points. I hate those trolls. Expand
  66. May 17, 2011
    I am absolutely sickened by all the 0 scores. Utterly ridiculous. Even if you disliked this game and thought it had faults, you cannot score it a 0 and be taken seriously. Had you scored it 5 or 6 and then posted legitimate complaints..then yes. Otherwise, you are a fanboy of Bioware or something and wish to try to damage this game. You won't succeed. This game is incredible.I am absolutely sickened by all the 0 scores. Utterly ridiculous. Even if you disliked this game and thought it had faults, you cannot score it a 0 and be taken seriously. Had you scored it 5 or 6 and then posted legitimate complaints..then yes. Otherwise, you are a fanboy of Bioware or something and wish to try to damage this game. You won't succeed. This game is incredible. Incredible gameplay, graphics, story (so far), combat..everything. Much improved over TW1 and is the king of the hill right now, easily. Expand
  67. May 17, 2011
    Best RPG i ever played and probably GOTY of year 2011 in category cRPG. Epic story, great gameplay, and amazing graphics. This game show bioware how Dragon age 2 should looks like. Must have
  68. May 18, 2011
    The Witcher 2 is what RPGs and PC gaming are all about, this game is a must have for everyone and Iâ
  69. May 17, 2011
    Fantastic games!
    Probably the best RPG in the world ;]
    Games of the Year 2011!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  70. May 17, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. 10+AwsomeStuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and 10+ Expand
  71. May 17, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Game looks absolutely fantastic. Best RPG i ever played. The graphics are amazing, everything is made with passion, so deep and immerse. Great game, congratulations to the CDP. 10 Expand
  72. May 17, 2011
    At first I wasn't sure how new tweaked combat would turn out, or even if they could reproduce the excellent story-driven plot of the first game. Now that I've played it for a bit any doubts I've had have been put to rest.
  73. May 17, 2011
    The best game i have ever play. Best storyline, best music, best fighting system, best graphic... And more. I thought first Witcher was very good game, but Assassins of Kings are better in everything.
  74. May 17, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the best RPG's what I played. What can I said? The Witcher is an awesome!!! Graphics are beauty, music and dialogs are perfect. A lot of comedy situation. And... Triss - this is the tigers love most!
    The Witcher 2 will be the game of the year 2011 - I'm sure!!!
  75. May 17, 2011
    This game is simply amazing. Very captivating story and beautiful graphics. Totally worth its price and more. CDProjekt also promised all future DLCs to be free! What a bargain! This game is worth every penny spent on it and even upgrading your PC just to experience it.

Also, its funny seeing several butthurt fanboys / trolls giving this game 0/10. Don't even read what they write. They are full of rubbish =P.
  76. May 17, 2011
    Excellent game, You have to buy it, perfect!, Excellent game, You have to buy it, perfect!, Excellent game, You have to buy it, perfect!, Excellent game, You have to buy it, perfect!
  77. May 17, 2011
    Is M_Stannard another one of BioWares people voting on metacritic? Anyways, this game is super fun and hard. It looks and play amazingly. Some changes are a little awkward at first, like having to meditate before using potions, but you will get the hang of it.
  78. May 17, 2011
    Que jogao!!!
    Fico triste a Bioware entrar so pra negativar o jogo sera que e inveja ?
    eu acho que sim.

To gostanto muito do game o jogo bom mesmo pode comprar mesmo.
  79. May 17, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After Planescape: Torment this is absolutely masterpiece. About Dragon Age - it is a good game but... childish with large amount of blood. Now reading Sapkowski's book's about Witcher :)) Expand
  80. May 20, 2011
    what else i can say for witcher 2 other than it is pure perfect?

graphics? if you have the rig they are eye blowing (playing at ultra settings myself:P), and you will be happy to see what your beast pc can pull out music? perfect combat? hard yes but rewarding (no more ROARRR I CHARGE YOU DIE NPCs) story? deep and cool (no more I SAVE THE WORLD archetype) main character? geralt is one of
    what else i can say for witcher 2 other than it is pure perfect?

music? perfect
    combat? hard yes but rewarding (no more ROARRR I CHARGE YOU DIE NPCs)
    story? deep and cool (no more I SAVE THE WORLD archetype)
    main character? geralt is one of the best created characters in the gaming industry (very close or equal to shephard)
    other story related characters? they have their own personallity and seem "real"
    dialogs? funny and mature :P the witcher2 is one of the best games ever created in the cRPG universe :)

thnx CDProjekt keep up the good work :)

ps. buy the game , support developers who respect their customers ;)
  81. May 17, 2011
    Even The Witcher 1 is better than any Dragon Age ever will be. And these guys actually know how to make a worthy sequel. CD Project: Assasins of Bioware
  82. May 17, 2011
    Genial Games! More impressed story, beautiful look, mysterious music & fine characters. Thanks for developer from Poland CD Project Red. One of the most looking game ever.
  83. May 17, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Very fun and engaging game with lots of action and RPG elements, a must have for every RPG fan or gaming fan for that matters. Definitely a contender for best RPG of the year! And you got to love the hate from all the Bioware lovers. Expand
  84. May 17, 2011
    I can sum up this game by simply calling it a masterpiece. The love the developers have for PC gaming shows so clearly in how the Witcher 2 plays, and I think it will set a new standard for quality RPGs going forward. Keep up the amazing work, CDPR. I look forward to seeing what the future holds for this awesome company.
  85. May 17, 2011
    amazing atmosphere, fantastic dialogue and gameplay. Best RPG since Baldur's Gate
    GOTY 2011.
    Dragon Age I and II, Risen, Two Worlds and others simply are not able to compete with this game!
  86. May 17, 2011
    Amazing game!!. Work that has been done by CD Projekt to give such great entertainment deserves 10. I'm just wondering why there are almost only "10" and just few "0" and nothing between?
  87. May 17, 2011
    The best RPG ever made.. Amazing graphic, stunning story, very deep world. Bioware sucks because they are making accounts only to give 0 to Witcher and 10 to DA2. Everybody knows that DA2 is weak.........
  88. May 17, 2011
    Awesome game. that is all. If you love amazing graphics and great story lines stop reading and go buy this! You should know going in that this game has some steep system requirements! If you have the system to handle it get it! if you have anything less than a nvidia 470 or equivalent it may be time to upgrade.
  89. ion
    May 17, 2011
    It is really hard to point out all qualities of this game because there are that many of them. Magnificent plot and storyline, deep, ambiguous characters, the importance of the choices you make (the choices, let's add, not obvious and not black and white), great minor characters and the gray, bleak yet vivid world in which the real monsters are the human beings. If we add to it marvelousIt is really hard to point out all qualities of this game because there are that many of them. Magnificent plot and storyline, deep, ambiguous characters, the importance of the choices you make (the choices, let's add, not obvious and not black and white), great minor characters and the gray, bleak yet vivid world in which the real monsters are the human beings. If we add to it marvelous graphics, well-made soundtrack and a demanding gameplay (you really have to use all your equipment and magic skills when facing a tough opponent or a bunch of them) we get one of the most amazing cRPG games in the last decade. The Witcher 2 is the masterpiece and as such, should stand alongside other masterpieces like Baldur's Gate, Fallout 2, KOTOR and Planescape: Torment. I hope that the game will become a huge success not only as a piece of art, but also as a product, so that we'll see more astonishing works from this small studio. Expand
  90. May 17, 2011
    I have actually been enjoying this game so much that I felt compelled to make a metacritic account to express just how GOOD this game is. It is so obvious that this game was developed by a team that actually cares about it's story, it's settings and most importantly it's characters. This is a game built with love and it really makes this game special. I have been playing games for a longI have actually been enjoying this game so much that I felt compelled to make a metacritic account to express just how GOOD this game is. It is so obvious that this game was developed by a team that actually cares about it's story, it's settings and most importantly it's characters. This is a game built with love and it really makes this game special. I have been playing games for a long time but this is certainly one of the best games I have ever played. If you have the proper rig ( hell go buy a good one just for this game) you must play this game. You will be doing yourself, fellow gamers and independent developers a huge favor. Trust me. Go get it. Expand
  91. May 17, 2011
    First time I post here, but just one thing to say : congratz CDProject, you have done the best RPG, if it is not the best game I ever played. need more, get your time but do more of great game like this one. We buy and we appreciate them.
  92. May 17, 2011
    Well, what I can I say to be different than others already expressed? This is a RPG lesson that must be taken by Bioware and Bethesda in the near future, and I hope they caught it. This is what I call a true branching storyline, offering a fair amount of delayed consequences following your choices. They made it even better than in the first game. Combat, magic and alchemy system areWell, what I can I say to be different than others already expressed? This is a RPG lesson that must be taken by Bioware and Bethesda in the near future, and I hope they caught it. This is what I call a true branching storyline, offering a fair amount of delayed consequences following your choices. They made it even better than in the first game. Combat, magic and alchemy system are greatly improved as well, making the game chalenging and rewarding. I didn't finished the game yet, but I'm almost there. Expand
  93. May 17, 2011
    Game of the year IMO. This game has awesome graphics even for some older VGA moving plot, fast pace and a pretty challenging combat system. It actually had me going for about 3 hours without even considering to stop. If you're saving up for Fable III, buy this one instead!
    Worth registering to Metacritic just to give it a 10/10
  94. May 17, 2011
    Damn, i hate to say it, but CDR made a better game than i was able to with DA2. Witcher 2 is so much more immersive than any RPG of the last 5+ years. I hated DAO, hence DA2.. Anyway. The atmosphere, the character interactions, the "love scenes," and the combat are masterfully as well as artistically done. Much better than anything i've been able to do between DA2 and Jade Empire.
  95. May 17, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It is more than I've been expected, and I've been expected awesomes. Dialogue is very well written, amazing artwork, character animation is among the best I've seen , combat is challenging and fun. Game is charming, beautiful, and feels re-playable with some excellent choice and consequence. Expand
  96. May 17, 2011
    this game was a fantastic blend of all things rpg, truly a mind-blowing work of passion from the people at cdp. Keep up the great work(and thank you for the love to the pc crowd!)
  97. May 17, 2011
    A crowning achievement in both development and distribution. Environments are richly colorful as they are beautiful. Combat mechanics are as simply devised as they are complexly augmentative. CD Projekt has certainly outdone themselves in every respect. With this stunning title and sister outfit, GOG.com, the Polish company has cemented themselves in the spotlight and hearts of both modernA crowning achievement in both development and distribution. Environments are richly colorful as they are beautiful. Combat mechanics are as simply devised as they are complexly augmentative. CD Projekt has certainly outdone themselves in every respect. With this stunning title and sister outfit, GOG.com, the Polish company has cemented themselves in the spotlight and hearts of both modern and classic PC gamers alike. Keep an eye closely on them as they understand their demographic more than any developer today (save only Valve). Expand
  98. May 17, 2011
    Absolutely awesome game. CDPR have outdone themselves with this one.
    One of the most beautiful looking games I've played. This game beats the pants off everything else in it's class.
  99. May 17, 2011
    CD Projekt Red has done it. They have renewed my faith in game developers. The Witcher 2 is the most immersive and masterfully crafted GAME, yet alone RPG I have laid my hands on. It is with great pleasure that I am allowed to give this company money. They deserve every cent.
  100. May 17, 2011
    Okay so take Dragon Age 2, then throw it out, burn it, and imagine from scratch a game that is not only good, but amazing, which is basically the complete polar opposite of Dragon Age 2. Then make that game real, and make it even BETTER, then lace it with gold and coat it in chocolate, and make it taste better than french vanilla ice cream with Reese's hard shell topping on it, but withOkay so take Dragon Age 2, then throw it out, burn it, and imagine from scratch a game that is not only good, but amazing, which is basically the complete polar opposite of Dragon Age 2. Then make that game real, and make it even BETTER, then lace it with gold and coat it in chocolate, and make it taste better than french vanilla ice cream with Reese's hard shell topping on it, but with like no calories and it actually makes you SLIMMER and gives you ABS. Now forget about all of that because no language has any words to describe how good The Witcher 2 is.

To be fair and honest though, the game has a flaw. "Junk" type items can't be filtered out from the rest of your inventory and sold off easily.
  101. May 18, 2011
    One of the best RPGs to date. It's actually rather sad that a game as superb as this one has the unfortunate honour of being the subject of trolls who write bogus reviews in an attempt to advertise another game that performed poorly in its user rating (and rightly so).

Anyway, this game has it all. The dialogue, the characters, the graphics (superb!) and the gameplay have clearly been refined to the point of near perfection. The attention to detail that the developers have invested in this game is truly astounding. The backdrops are vibrant and really rather incredible, making the game an absolute pleasure to play. If your desire to buy RPGs has been crushed by the very game mentioned by the 0-rating trolls, fear not; there's no copied and pasted environments in this game. This is what a RPG should be and other developers should be taking note. Overall, I would give this game a 9.8/10 but Metacritic doesn't allow for decimal points in their review system and I feel 9/10 is too low for a game of this quality, so I'm rounding up. 10/10.

1. Oct 21, 2011