The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings PC

8.5

1. Feb 11, 2012
    The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings is a fantastic RPG Pros: -Amazing, jaw-dropping graphics (granted that you have a rig that can run it at max settings)
    -An RPG with "gray area" decision-making, no definite good, bad, neutral
    -A political, dark, mature plot -An immersive, beautiful world Cons: -A somewhat disappointing and seemingly rushed 3rd act and ending. The first two acts were,
    -An RPG with "gray area" decision-making, no definite good, bad, neutral
    -A political, dark, mature plot -An immersive, beautiful world

Cons: -A somewhat disappointing and seemingly rushed 3rd act and ending. The first two acts were, in my opinion, one of the best in RPG storytelling.
    -Gameplay that becomes much, much easier as you go farther into the game. A must buy for RPG lovers and a very high recommendation to those who show the least bit of interest in this game.
  2. Nov 21, 2011
    Never been much of a fan of fantasy settings but The Witcher 2 had me intrigued and subsequently totally won over. Now here is a fine example of great story telling and immersive gameplay paired with lush eye-candy and a haunting soundtrack. Looking forward to the next instalment once I finish with this one.
  3. Dec 1, 2011
    Absolutely astonishing. The narrative is the best I have ever seen in the RPG genre - maybe apart from the original Witcher game and a few BioWare products. The gameplay and fighting is hardcore but fun, and it's really satisfying to best the toughest opponents - even though the bosses are often comparatively easy to beat. The realistic depiction of a medieval world not filled by genericAbsolutely astonishing. The narrative is the best I have ever seen in the RPG genre - maybe apart from the original Witcher game and a few BioWare products. The gameplay and fighting is hardcore but fun, and it's really satisfying to best the toughest opponents - even though the bosses are often comparatively easy to beat. The realistic depiction of a medieval world not filled by generic NPCs, but with believable human characters, is just great. Add the breathtaking graphics and you've got yourself the RPG of the year. Sorry, Skyrim. Expand
  4. Dec 30, 2011
    Huge disappointment......

I was quite fond of the first The Witcher (2007), and had some expectations from its sequel... But the only good improvement I could find it's the faster saving!!!... Graphics - cartoonish, eye-strayingly tiresome; The main character looked better in Witcher 1, he had more distinct personality Gameplay - completely broken; interface itself makes you wanna throw
    Huge disappointment......

Graphics - cartoonish, eye-strayingly tiresome; The main character looked better in Witcher 1, he had more distinct personality Gameplay - completely broken; interface itself makes you wanna throw the game away, unintuitive inventory and skill system... Combat is unsatisfactory and, though real-time, made me prefer a good D&D instead... And considering I hate D&D...

Story/atmosphere - insipid, been there done that; no real moral choices, only the struggle for political power between different-skins-same-heart cartels... Your main character is no longer the independent, lone wolf hero with a distinct neutral alignment from part 1 in 2007. Now he is no more than the king's lackey. When his boss says : "Witcher, jump in that junk pit!", the "hero", with a placid, resigned, inexpressive countenance, responds: "Yes, Sire. How deep?" ....

Probably the main aspect that ruins this over-hyped game is its complicated, uninspired, clunky interface: the small fonts, the chaotic convoluted item/skill categories, the bleary tutorial...

This game is exactly what a true good modern game SHOULD NOT BE...
  5. And
    Jan 3, 2012
    I loved it, playing on the highest difficulty the first time (not the no-save one) and learning the game from scratch was an immensely satisfying experience, the combat is fast and fluid and you never feel like you've taken a cheap shot, it's always your own fault when you get wounded and I loved the game even more for it.

As someone who only read one book in the series (the game is based

As someone who only read one book in the series (the game is based on a series of books by a famous Polish writer A. Sapkowski) I was stunned how well portrayed the characters were.
    Story wise it follows a few of the standard western cliches but overall was quite engaging and kept me well entertained all the way through, have to commend them for the fact that they integrated the story so well with the world that no previous knowledge of witcher 1 was required to enjoy it.

In short, an extremely enjoyable game who's only flaw is the inventory system but last I heard there are mods that fix that flaw so I can only recommend this game to anyone that enjoys good RPGs.
  6. Feb 18, 2012
    The best graphics. Es un gran juego, tiene una historia adulta, y un juego como ninguno otro, te gustará mucho, pero sin duda, perdió la magia de su precuela.
  7. Apr 13, 2012
    The passion and the dedication put into The Witcher 2 is evident even in the menus and loading screens. This is a project of love from CD Prokekt RED that radiates and stands out among a mass of bland and standard RPGs. The combat is a throwback for older gamers that love slower-paced, albeit more rewarding game play. The action is constant, the adult themes are complex and appreciated,The passion and the dedication put into The Witcher 2 is evident even in the menus and loading screens. This is a project of love from CD Prokekt RED that radiates and stands out among a mass of bland and standard RPGs. The combat is a throwback for older gamers that love slower-paced, albeit more rewarding game play. The action is constant, the adult themes are complex and appreciated, and the presentation is flawless. This is one of the best looking games I've seen in years, rivaling larger AAA studios. I can't wait for the next installment. 10/10. Expand
  8. Apr 17, 2012
    Truly fantastic game. It's a shame that some people are so unfair to post "0" without any serious reason. The Witcher 2 is a feast for the eyes and for the brain. Fights are more difficult than in the first part, for the first time in ages I had to think before the battle what strategy to use. Brilliant! Everyone who don't like to fight can use "easy" and feel the wonderful world of theTruly fantastic game. It's a shame that some people are so unfair to post "0" without any serious reason. The Witcher 2 is a feast for the eyes and for the brain. Fights are more difficult than in the first part, for the first time in ages I had to think before the battle what strategy to use. Brilliant! Everyone who don't like to fight can use "easy" and feel the wonderful world of the Witcher. Buy it it's worth it. Expand
  9. Apr 24, 2012
    I have given The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings:
    A technical score of 85/100
    A personal score of 10/10

Fore more details and the full reviews, please go to the following link
  10. Apr 26, 2012
    Overall, very decent game, but it falls short on a few places, mostly when compared with Witcher 1: STORY: mostly political, with fantasy pushed aside, and for those who read the books very predictable. the big plus for the story is how it manages to be both personal for Geralt and worldly at the same time. Another plus are the decisions, which shape the story in amazing ways and matterOverall, very decent game, but it falls short on a few places, mostly when compared with Witcher 1: STORY: mostly political, with fantasy pushed aside, and for those who read the books very predictable. the big plus for the story is how it manages to be both personal for Geralt and worldly at the same time. Another plus are the decisions, which shape the story in amazing ways and matter more than in any game ever. Minus for its lenght though, very short when compared to Witcher 1 or Dragon age, and quite predictable as said before. It falls very shot of NWN2 Mask of Betrayer, not to mention PS: Torment. RPG ELEMENTS: Decision consequences is a strong plus, witch make this an absolutely unique game. Combat doesn't though, and it fells very clubsy at times, unlike Witcher 1. The world feels alive and every action you take during the main or side quests realy matters, locations are amazing, the characters are decently written and most of the times dialog is not boring. GRAPHIC: biggest enemy of this game. Yes, its spectacular, but if the time and money spent on graphic was used elsewere, say expanding the personal aspect of Geralts adventure (the Wild Hunt), we would have without much doubt the best RPG since Baldurs Gate 2. FINAL: Not bad at all, but from combat to interface to overall gameplay we have witnessed the fall of cRPG genre since Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 2, and it seems CDPred is taking the same highway to hell as BioWare (read EA), even if it may be a slower and more unintentional ride. Expand
  11. May 24, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Awesome game it has every thing I hoped for, I really loved to play ioverth's path off course roche's path was also good but the characters and the epic story in ioverth's path blows out the kadweni champ and roche himself , Graphics of the game are outstanding and gorgeous, This game is highly recommended for serious gamers causal gamers might find the game a bit hard but its epic you will know once you start playing. Merits : Absolutely epic story , Graphics ,Characters, dialogs.(Almost everything in the game). Cons : Traps were bit boring and were not that friendly but bombs were great, The interface of the game could be made better (Save system's and Inventory management) . -All the dlc's (Including the EE patch) with extra quests and extra items were absolutely free and the developer seems to show a great respect for the fans and customers. Well its really great for us customers. Overall : A must buy for serious gamers. Expand
  12. Nov 19, 2014
    Nice graphics,
    Nice graphics,
    As new player to the Witcher storyline, the story was just shoved in my face, way to much story in the start, it was not to my liking when getting to knowing the game and dying regularly on normal, the time the character takes to notice he's in from of objects(doors, ladders, or during combat targets) seems almost unbearable(only 1-3 sec, but a lot of ladders and thing to climb over). Ended up finding my self skipping the cut-scenes to get more game-play, and ended up quitting, since it was not a nice way to play the game.
  13. Jun 4, 2012
    Awesome game. Characters are colourful and deep, the environments and monsters are exquisite, the story enthralling, the game-play engaging, although it be a bit repetitive if you want to finish all the side-quests (but that can be reduced by doing some planning before heading out). All in all probably the best game I've played since the nineties. I just wish I'd bought this a bit earlier,Awesome game. Characters are colourful and deep, the environments and monsters are exquisite, the story enthralling, the game-play engaging, although it be a bit repetitive if you want to finish all the side-quests (but that can be reduced by doing some planning before heading out). All in all probably the best game I've played since the nineties. I just wish I'd bought this a bit earlier, as the experience was worth more than the 30 euro I paid - a novel experience these days. Expand
  14. Jul 25, 2012
    It is beautiful. The game play is fun and challenging. And most of all, the story line is extremely addictive. I can't wait to play this game 2 or 3 times more over.
  15. Aug 9, 2012
    Una Joya de estilo Accion RPG que tiene que estar en su estanteria de Steam o de juegos si o si!! Te sumergiras en la atrapante historia de Geralt de Rivia, te enamoraras de el encanto de Triss Merigold y deleitaras una ambientación conmvinada con unos graficos de infarto.
  16. Nov 4, 2012
    I do not understand this game. The "action" is slow and boring and the story didn't interest me whatsoever. Just moving around the world is clunky and feels like an interactive (bad) movie.
  17. Dec 6, 2012
    Good game to play and complete,
    Cons in my opinions are:
    -Poor animations during dialogues
    -Boring combat gameplay
    -Storyline progression not than entertaining
    I'm looking forward the developers next game, Cyberpunk 2077.
  18. Aug 19, 2014
    This is a MUST if you enjoy games with a solid story and incredible combat mechanics. Very few bugs compared to your usual RPG. Sound and graphics are top notch. Only game better than this is Fallout 3, which are unrealistic standards...
  19. Jan 4, 2013
    The Witcher 2 is a great game. The story is compelling memorable characters, great combat mechanics, great environments, and on top of all that your actions truly matters.
    CD Project Red (the company behind TW2 & TW1) truly cares for their customers, they continued to develop the game, and added an expansion, polished the game and all for free.
    I wish them the best in their future
    I wish them the best in their future projects, cause they are the true light in the recent years, and i swore an oath to them.
  20. Apr 3, 2013
    This is the best CRPG I played from a long time. First, the gameplay (fights, alchemy, magic) is quite good and fun. Second, the story and characterization is excellent. The graphics are stunning. Plus there are choices that matter, which is rare in a CRPG these days. Really good stuff.
  21. Apr 14, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. played this game 4 times to challenge most of difficulties and to see all possible endings...can't wait to play the third chapter.
    the plot is intriguing since the very beginning of the game, all characters are well studied and created whit different own personalityes. the combat stile can be hard to understand at first but when learned give a lot of satisfaction, combining magic potions and swordskill. i appreciated the quest when i got drunk and i had to find all my armor again xD and loved all other quests where i could choose how to end them.
  22. Apr 25, 2013
    This is a wonderful game and can be found on Steam for 16 bucks. Pretty high PC standards for top quality graphics. The mature content is refreshing since this is a classic RPG. the only negative is unfamiliar with the world history or characters if you have not played original Witcher. The learning curve is pretty steep and it is a difficult game which not a bad thing. Later.
  23. May 14, 2013
    This is truly one of the best games I have played in a long time. If you are a fan of fantasy and adventure games you will definitely love this game. It is stuffed with adventures and great role playing aspects while the story is very catching as well.

Please do yourself a favor and learn the game. It might be a little tough to begin with but when you get used to the controls and the tactics you will not let this one go. And it look stunning too.. So what are you waiting for?
  24. Jan 4, 2014
    This game has really nice graphics but the combat system is just plain unbalanced and the huge boss fights often defy normal video game logic and trick you with false weak spot attack oppurtunitys and then kill you in some mysterious ways (like with electro shocks).

You will often find yourself facing enemys that have unfair advantages over you like infinite and complete blocking of your melee attacks while you have your mana depleted with every single block or being forced to take serious damage even while blocking. The lack possibility to heal yourself properly during fights and the lack of the ability to use your much needed potions during fights is just plain annoying.

The game forces you to either drink potions the whole time to be prepared if there is a fight coming and thus wasting your often tedious gathered ressources for potions or you will often find yourself in an very unbalanced fight and in the desperated wish that you could drink your potions.

This really killed the game for me because this is not genuine fair challenge but often annoying trial and error.
  25. Jun 16, 2013
    I installed the game today, I played through the tutorial, the first two quests and I was disillusioned. So many flaws and problems, where shall I begin?

Firstly, the animations: they are choppy. Whether it is Geralt's switch between running and walking or the general animation quality of enemies and NPC's, one can easily see: the developers are not able to deliver quality animations. The animations create a feeling of "amateurs at work". Feel free to disagree, but I am used to seeing another level of quality. For example, Resident Evil 5 or Dark Souls, see for your self.

Secondly, the controls: they are counter-intuitive, and the way the controller is treated clearly exposes the lack of experience and care by the developer when it comes to AAA products. An AAA product has to be on a high level regarding accessibility. The controls are chunky, imprecise and lack required customisation.

Then, bad graphics, yes, you've read correctly: bad graphics. Why? One should measure the graphics of a game not only by their fidelity when they are powered by the most powerful but also most expensive hardware available, but also by their efficiency and their aesthetics. The result is clear: the graphics are below average. Pushing the graphics based on superior hardware is a nice way of luring in new players and supporting the hardware manufacturers, but it does not say anything about the beauty of your game. Turn down the graphics to playable levels on an average gaming computer and you will get the picture. Games like “Forza Motorsport” or “The Last of Us” demonstrate what good graphics mean: they are beautiful to look at, not because of hardware-hungry effects, but because of aesthetical and skilled design. “The Witcher 2” is below average in this department.

Next, cluttered inventory: another unintuitive segment of the game. Be it the layout, responsiveness of the menus or the presentation, everything screams: clutter, badly optimised.

Also, the story: I know that most of you will argue that this is a strong point of the game. And I may not be in the position to judge the story based on my experience, but from what I saw and heard, it was cringe worthy. Cliché and corny, nothing felt mature or advanced. Contrary, it felt as hilarious as a B-movie.

This leads me to my last point: Bad voice acting. This feature complements and underlines the impression of a hard to care about and hilarious story. Geralt is barely hear able as he grunts and mumbles along, and the rest of the cast does sound more or less like amateurs, there are some exceptions though.

Overall, I cannot fight the impression that the developer was overambitious. They probably do have the imagination, the spirit and the creativity, but they certainly lack the technical know how, the talent and the experience in order to produce a high quality game, which would pay justice to their vision.

Slightly above average game. Ambitious, but lacking in many aspects: some crucial.

26. Feb 17, 2014
    Great game cutscenes are enjoyable and an overall pleasant story make this game a must have! Combat is also likeable and the graphics are quite good and visually appealing.
  27. Nov 9, 2013
    Best RPG I have played in a while. Incredibly engaging, beautifully crafted and really well planned out, this game is staying on my PC's hard drive for over a year and most games I have haven't even made it that long. I never got bored of Geralt of Rivia and his adventures.

The story of this game is really mature and incredibly engaging. Throughout the game I have made the choices that I would make in real life if I would be put up under same situations and that got me really engaged in the story. Plot twists really make sense and keep you engaged. I have completed almost all quests including side quests and I am still playing the game. :)

Graphics-wise Witcher 2 beats most RPG Games. I still can't believe it is a game from 2011, the graphics like that are only getting improved because of next gen consoles. Beautiful areas such as Ruins in Flotsam are really good to look at, just stand and enjoy the view.

Fighting is some of the best fighting I have seen. Geralt is a true sword master, but if you're not careful you will get him killed easily. You have to plan out and think about the fights. Different characters such as normal soldiers are easy to kill, but then you get more armored knights or even bosses which will kick your butt if you just jump in and fight.

The only problem was the lack of tutorial. I had to find out the controls of the game until half-way of the story for me to actually remember them. Some things I still cannot use after over a year of playing this game. The accents for English aren't the best either. Polish language is so much better in the sense of acting, because of the character and realism.

Overall 10 out of 10, really recommended for any RPG fans. Amazing story, graphics, fighting mechanism and really well executed overall.
  28. Feb 15, 2014
    Bought this game from steam because it was on sale for 3,99€ and i got to say i haven't been disappointed. At first the game felt quite complicated, but once i got the hang of it i really started enjoying it. I would definitely recommend this game for anyone who likes rpg games.
  29. Apr 4, 2014
    My long written review just vanished in a server error, so I'll make it short.

This game does everything right. Story - deep and thought provoking Combat - engaging, fun and versatile Characters - believable and interesting World - beautiful, atmospheric and detailed Skill system - balanced and varied In my opinion easily the best game in years and on par with great RPGs such as
    My long written review just vanished in a server error, so I'll make it short.

This game does everything right.
    Story - deep and thought provoking
    Combat - engaging, fun and versatile
    Characters - believable and interesting
    World - beautiful, atmospheric and detailed
    Skill system - balanced and varied

In my opinion easily the best game in years and on par with great RPGs such as Gothic and Morrowind.
    With this game on hand I have great expectations for (and of) CD Project Red and their upcoming titles.
  30. Oct 7, 2014
    It doesn't contain jump.
    The enhanced version is over colorful and painful in the eyes.
    You can't easily saw the quest item, there's no lighting on the object.
    Need to craft often to became over power.
    The map is confusing.
  31. Dec 27, 2014
    Probably the best game I've ever played

Pros
    **** ****
    +Fight Monsters
    +Get Money
    +Drink Beer

Cons
    -Too pretty
    -Too good

10/10 would reccomend
  32. Feb 3, 2015
    Don't know if this will update my previous rating however I finally got the game to run using a third party no dot net patch. Sad yet simple. I still can't recommend this game due to these circumstances as it should be fixed as soon as you update the thing
  33. May 29, 2015
    Would be way better entertainment without annoying bugs, frequently in the stupid quick time events, and with more freedom of movement. Some dialogs are really funny but the interaction with environment, especially NPCs is poor.
  34. Nov 7, 2015
    The witcher 2 has a relatively short but excellent story. The combat system and majority of the gameplay elements are absolute trash unfortunately. Frivolous and useless combat and spells, poor animations that are out of sync with the combat so badly that you'll want to throw the game in the garbage. Even worse is the miserable boss battles where you can die in literally 1 hit with noThe witcher 2 has a relatively short but excellent story. The combat system and majority of the gameplay elements are absolute trash unfortunately. Frivolous and useless combat and spells, poor animations that are out of sync with the combat so badly that you'll want to throw the game in the garbage. Even worse is the miserable boss battles where you can die in literally 1 hit with no warning. Storyline is worth it though. I only wish the game developers who bastardized the combat and side quests, **** die. Expand
  35. May 18, 2011
    Truly one of the best games of all time... The combat is quick and satisfying the characters are as well developed and as brilliant as the story! A true successor to the first game
  36. Aug 14, 2011
    !! Game of the Year !! Epic story , great gameplay and amazing graphics . It's all you need to say that fresh game can be still created among all those fps. waiting to see the Witcher 3, cause this game is the best what gamer can get into his hands
  37. May 18, 2011
    This game is all about what I expected from today's role-playing game. I think it has everything you can expect from such a game, as a MATURE player. Without a doubt, The Witcher 2 will be one of the best games in 2011. Congratulations to the Poles, who once again created something so addictive.
  38. May 17, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Witcher 2 is definitely one of the Best Games Ever Made and probably Game of the Year 2011, but we'll see (Uncharted 3, Skyrim...). The game has everything cRPG should have. Very good optimization, best graphics (when thinking about all TPP games which were released till now), great, great, Great gameplay. Combat is not brainless hash but you need to think about some tactics. Everything in this game is thouht to be great - and it is indeed. 10+/10, because all DLC will be for free (except some huge additions with long quests and gameplay for some hours). Best wishes and good work CD Projekt RED! Expand
  39. May 17, 2011
    This game is probably GOTY of year 2011 in category of cRPG. Great writing, good combat mechanics, great gameplay whatsoever. Feels like good old cRPGs like Planescape or Baldurs Gate. Graphics are beautiful and the engine optimization is really great. There doesn't need to be character customization when there is a great story to be told. This game has great atmosphere and breathtakingThis game is probably GOTY of year 2011 in category of cRPG. Great writing, good combat mechanics, great gameplay whatsoever. Feels like good old cRPGs like Planescape or Baldurs Gate. Graphics are beautiful and the engine optimization is really great. There doesn't need to be character customization when there is a great story to be told. This game has great atmosphere and breathtaking world. Great improvement since Witcher 1, CD Projekt did a great job with this game. Probably one of the best cRPG in history of modern gaming in my opinion. Expand
  40. May 17, 2011
    Finally, a PC only RPG. Btw, look at the people who are giving it a 0/10, they are either Bioware employees or trolls because their other reviews are 10/10 for DA2. This game has everything you could want in a high quality RPG. Great graphics, sound, and game-play. The combat is very challenging now, this isn't Assassins Creed where only 1 person attacks at a time. If you run across 5Finally, a PC only RPG. Btw, look at the people who are giving it a 0/10, they are either Bioware employees or trolls because their other reviews are 10/10 for DA2. This game has everything you could want in a high quality RPG. Great graphics, sound, and game-play. The combat is very challenging now, this isn't Assassins Creed where only 1 person attacks at a time. If you run across 5 guys, all can gang you at the same time. Very challenging. Expand
  41. May 17, 2011
    THE GAME IS AMAZING !! The atmosphere, The combat and The Story are just perfect ! I didn't expect for to much of this game, It was also gifted to me but wow it blowed me away ! Just buy it you dont need to know anything else
  42. May 21, 2011
    The Witcher 2 has a mature and compelling storyline that kept me playing for hours on end. The visual effects, graphics, and game play mechanics all tied into one of the best RPGs I have ever played. I was again stunned that CDProjekt included the official game soundtrack, game guide, and bonus materials with the standard edition for only $40. I would gladly pay for any DLC CDProjektThe Witcher 2 has a mature and compelling storyline that kept me playing for hours on end. The visual effects, graphics, and game play mechanics all tied into one of the best RPGs I have ever played. I was again stunned that CDProjekt included the official game soundtrack, game guide, and bonus materials with the standard edition for only $40. I would gladly pay for any DLC CDProjekt releases in the future. Expand
  43. May 21, 2011
    I have to drag myself away from it to get some sleep at night. It's just so damn good. Maybe I've just forgot what an RPG with decent dev time was like, but I just can't remember the last time I was so hooked.
    Worth every cent.
  44. May 23, 2011
    30 minutes into the Witcher 2, my most anticipated game of the year, I found myself saying "Man, this game is shit"

Then I played 30 minutes more and said "Man, this game is awesome" That's how it works. The quality sneaks up on you. It goes from simple, boring, uninspired Arcania to awesome, original, exciting... Well, The Witcher 1. But improved. The experience grows on you until

Then I played 30 minutes more and said "Man, this game is awesome"

That's how it works. The quality sneaks up on you. It goes from simple, boring, uninspired Arcania to awesome, original, exciting... Well, The Witcher 1. But improved. The experience grows on you until you're hooked on it forever. Best game of the year? Best game of the decade? Try best game of this month. Then wait for the year to finish and decide on if it was the best. But so far, it's in the lead.
  45. May 23, 2011
    A game with unique artistic direction and a mature story. And by mature I don't mean sex and violence, although the game obviously has plenty of these too. The only thing that seriously took a turn for the worse is the combat system. Because you'll be constantly kiting and rollin' rollin' rollin' even when fighting the easiest opponents. Which is NOT fun. Almost like they didn't playtestA game with unique artistic direction and a mature story. And by mature I don't mean sex and violence, although the game obviously has plenty of these too. The only thing that seriously took a turn for the worse is the combat system. Because you'll be constantly kiting and rollin' rollin' rollin' even when fighting the easiest opponents. Which is NOT fun. Almost like they didn't playtest to check for combat balance. The whole game was apparently a little bit rushed and the combat is only one of the aspects that are unpolished. Still s**ts all over Dragon Age II. Expand
  46. May 18, 2011
    The Witcher 2 : Assassins of Kings is one of the best Action role - playing game ever made by human being. Ladies and gentlemen, here is a candidate for a game of the year.
  47. May 20, 2011
    You must buy The Wither 2 if you are true RPG fan. It's not 3rd person Shooter with a few RPG elements like ME1-2 and it's not slasher with rpg elements like DA 2, it's a REAL RPG.
    Small Polish studio CD Project shows Bioware how to create awesome high quality RPG.
    Definitely Best RPG 2011 and GOTY 2011.
  48. May 18, 2011
    Amazing game. Finally an rpg that makes you "WOW" every minute, be it when you go to a new area, explore a cave, fight a powerful foe or romance with your partner. This game is easily the new standard in rpg's, nothing comes remotely close to it. The only cons are the QTE's, the finishing moves and some disappointing UI inventory limitations.
  49. May 31, 2011
    Game is worthy the highest praise, despite small technical problems work, this game for me became standard of RPG! Playing it you feel, that developers have enclosed not only forces and material means, but also the most important thing, soul. Thanks them for it!
  50. May 22, 2011
    Amazing game with awesome graphic, nonlinear story, perfect gameplay. One of the best RPG games i have ever played. I think that Bioware should learn to do an RPG for CD Project Red. Sorry for my English:)
  51. May 18, 2011
    Stellar Atmosphere, Great Audio Effects, and Captivating Story. When I first installed the Witcher 2, those traits are what grabbed me. At the end of November and the beginning of December, I preordered my collector's addition at Gamestop. I am slightly disappointed at the package material used to contain my items. The black "fuzziness" coats the bust. At once, I noticed how much of aStellar Atmosphere, Great Audio Effects, and Captivating Story. When I first installed the Witcher 2, those traits are what grabbed me. At the end of November and the beginning of December, I preordered my collector's addition at Gamestop. I am slightly disappointed at the package material used to contain my items. The black "fuzziness" coats the bust. At once, I noticed how much of a challenge that TW 2's combat serves. On normal, a player needs to make use of the alchemy system. A player needs to think ahead with the potions that they consume.

Some annoyances with the auto save game feature brought my score down. Each time a player autosaves it creates a new save. The "game-guide" is slightly out of date. Locking on a target can prove to be a burden. For example, he will sometimes try to put out a torch instead of attacking the target. The serial codes came printed with "0" instead of a capital "o". Almost every time I log in I notice that the server is done. However, CDProjekt is working to fix those issues.
  52. May 17, 2011
    At this current time of the year I'd have to say it's the best of this year and to my taste, one of the best RPGs I've played since the first Witcher or Mass Effect 1. This isn't your normal Dragon Age 2 picnic RPG with everything given to you in a linear 15 hour story.
    Amazing atmosphere. Amazing combat. Amazing music. Amazing character development, I loved how everything tied in together like the original Witcher, all the choices for your own taste in side quests which affect the story, everything just fits in perfectly.
  53. Jun 13, 2011
    An absolute triumph of challenging gameplay and mature non-linear RPGs. To say that it crushes Dragon Age II is an understatement. This is a game you need to have in your collection if you even remotely enjoy RPGs.
  54. May 17, 2011
    The best RPG ever, in my opinion, CD Project RED are the best, i have played it for about 7 hours and i already like it more than Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 2, Fallout 3, all them together.

Simply Amazing
  55. May 17, 2011
    I'm a Bioware fanboy, I loved DA2. However this is BETTER! How anyone can give it a 0 is beyond me. He's obviously here to down-score the game and not to give an honest review. The graphics are stunning, sound, gameplay, everything. On top of that, it's the best retail box collection I've had in AGES! Companies seem to forget some of us like the box and to add all the items they have withI'm a Bioware fanboy, I loved DA2. However this is BETTER! How anyone can give it a 0 is beyond me. He's obviously here to down-score the game and not to give an honest review. The graphics are stunning, sound, gameplay, everything. On top of that, it's the best retail box collection I've had in AGES! Companies seem to forget some of us like the box and to add all the items they have with this one makes it all the sweeter. Ignore M_Standard, he's not here to critique the game. Expand
  56. May 18, 2011
    I have waited a long time for this game, and my expectations were very high. And now after playing Witcher 2, I can say that I'm satisfied with every aspect of this game. The Witcher 2 should become an example for other developers, what RPG game should be. In one word, it is masterpiece. I haven't doubt that Witcher 2 will be the game of the Year 2011.
  57. Jun 1, 2011
    Fantastic game, steep learning curve, but once you get the hang of how it works, it's a great rpg. Very mature game, and definitely made for adults, quite alot of smart thinking is required to survive and complete quests in this game. Highly recommend playing on the highest quality setting you machine will run, because the game just looks stunning.
  58. May 17, 2011
    Best RPG i ever played in a long time. My candidate for Game of the Year 2011. Story is great and nonlinear, choices are great, graphics looks amazing! Since first play i know that is game made from fans for fans. That is what should looks modern rpgs! Also fantastic characters and fight system... i can't wait until i'll play it again. Of course game has minor bugs, but no one of themBest RPG i ever played in a long time. My candidate for Game of the Year 2011. Story is great and nonlinear, choices are great, graphics looks amazing! Since first play i know that is game made from fans for fans. That is what should looks modern rpgs! Also fantastic characters and fight system... i can't wait until i'll play it again. Of course game has minor bugs, but no one of them interfere in the game. Witcher 2 have my full recommendation! 10 Expand
  59. May 17, 2011
    In terms of sheer immersion and atmosphere it plays at least as well as the first one. Except everything in the world seems grander and more defined as a courtesy of state of the art graphics engine and inspired art direction. The only thing keeping the original Witcher from being a perfect cRPG was its somewhat rough game mechanics (i.e. combat) and some technical hiccups. With theseIn terms of sheer immersion and atmosphere it plays at least as well as the first one. Except everything in the world seems grander and more defined as a courtesy of state of the art graphics engine and inspired art direction. The only thing keeping the original Witcher from being a perfect cRPG was its somewhat rough game mechanics (i.e. combat) and some technical hiccups. With these ironed out, it seems that only Skyrim seems like a worthy competitor for the cRPG of the Year title. Expand
  60. May 19, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This definitely is Game of the Year 2011. The single best cRPG I have played since diablo 2, witcher 1.the only gmae i could compare it is demon soul. The characters are deep and complex, the storyline develops depending on your actions and choices. It takes what was good from every single RPG released in the last 15 years and makes it into something better. The graphics are simply the best ever seen in an RPG to date, if not the best that we have so far in any game. The flaws are few if any(graphic bug i think but corect with driver as any new release). The stealth sections are not the best, but they are optional, and there are a few bugs and such. There is no ACTUAL character customization, but you can change what the protagonist is wearing with quite a bit. The combat system works quite well. It may not be the best combat system in gaming history, but it does exactly what is is supposed to do. But all that is just beside the point. The atmosphere, the music and the character lines are just amazing, combining to create one of the best RPG's of all time.and the diffciulty is here i play in normal actually in chapter 2 i dead near 1 00 times i can't imagine so far the difficulty on hard and insane. Expand
  61. May 17, 2011
    Outstanding, extraordinary and awesom game. The best i have ever play. The Witcher 2 is the Assasin of kings like Blizzard or EA :) You will play it sooner or later, believe me.
  62. May 17, 2011
    M_Standard Obviously does not know what he is talking about, saying Dragon age 2 is a better game is like saying eating pile of crap is better then having a steak dinner.
    The Witcher 2 is one of the deepest and best RPG's of the past 10 years and with some many different options, amazing amounts of different paths you can take and of course the graphical beauty, I will honestly be amazed if it does not get game of the year 2011.
    If you love RPG's and you love gaming, get the Witcher 2, its worth it.
  63. May 17, 2011
    One of the best games I've ever played. Bioware should beware of the mighty Witcher. The well narrated non-linear story, beautiful music and breathtaking graphics are the strongest aspects of The Witcher 2. There is just nothing more to tell
  64. May 17, 2011
    Sensational game. CD Projekt will be rubbing shoulders with Blizzard and Valve soon if they keep up this quality. The attention to detail throughout is on a new level, you can't help but stop and gaze through a markets goods or simply watch villagers as they go about their day-to-day business. The story so far is enthralling and the character design is Blizzard standard. Hat's off to CDSensational game. CD Projekt will be rubbing shoulders with Blizzard and Valve soon if they keep up this quality. The attention to detail throughout is on a new level, you can't help but stop and gaze through a markets goods or simply watch villagers as they go about their day-to-day business. The story so far is enthralling and the character design is Blizzard standard. Hat's off to CD Projekt, I've not been so happy with a purchase in as long as I can remember. Expand
  65. May 18, 2011
    ED Studio takes the best of the achievements of BioWare and Obsidian Entertainment, introducing a ton of their ideas and outstanding artistic setting. The Witcher 2 impresses on so many levels that it is hard to clearly identify its strongest point.
  66. May 17, 2011
    One of the best games I've ever played. Stunning graphics, running so smoothly on my PC, beautiful locations, amazing storyline, great characters... Honestly, I love this game.
  67. May 17, 2011
    The Witcher 2 is definitely game of the year, at this moment. Almost every aspect of this game was polished... masterpiece. When you play it, you just feel it. Stunning graphic, voice acting, level design... I just need to find 'evil side' of this game... atm - i can't.

It's definitely fresh breath, for nowadays RPG's.
    I bow before you, CDP Red.
  68. May 17, 2011
    Finally a great RPG with: mature content, no paying DLCs, and a way to get the game with no DRM (on gog.com). The game itself rules so far, awesome graphics, convincing story, interesting quests and background, incredible music, I love this game !
  69. May 17, 2011
    An absolute triumph in the art of RPG storytelling. By far the most compelling characters, boldest storytelling, and most enjoyable combat in any RPG designed to date. Look on and despair, Bethesda, for the RPG of the Year won't be yours this time. While EA has made a few blunders in the marketing of this superb game, that does not detract from CD Projeckt's mastery of game design. I'm aAn absolute triumph in the art of RPG storytelling. By far the most compelling characters, boldest storytelling, and most enjoyable combat in any RPG designed to date. Look on and despair, Bethesda, for the RPG of the Year won't be yours this time. While EA has made a few blunders in the marketing of this superb game, that does not detract from CD Projeckt's mastery of game design. I'm a long time fan of RPGs in general and CD Projeckt in particular as a master of the genre, and this is certainly one of my favourites. If you enjoy good RPGs, mature stories that don't insult your intelligence, wonderfully human fleshed-out characters, and engaging combat, this is the baby for you. Expand
  70. May 17, 2011
    An AMAZING game. Challenging, beautiful, adult, and engaging. Everything about the game, from the swordplay to the dialog is brilliantly crafted. Add in the fact that it is DRM free off of GOG, and you have a game that is set to bring an overwhelming positive change to gaming as a whole. Well done CD Projekt!
  71. May 18, 2011
    A Beautiful Game.
    Scenery, atmosphere and the rich colours are beautiful. Story is all engrossing(decisions, decisions). Interesting gritty fleshed out characters. Great combat. Great game.
  72. May 17, 2011
    Created this account just to counter M_stanndard, a EA/Bioware employee. While I have only played the Witcher 2 for a couple of hours, I can already tell it is at least a 7 on 10 BARE MINIMUM. Therefore, I am giving it a 10, since mr Stanndard's 0 and my 10 will still only average to a 5, which is way lower than what the game deserve.
  73. May 17, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What I can tell ? This game is great for me. Dialogs, combat system, story, animations, graphics. On my old PC i can play with high details. Optimization is great. For me, game is candidate for Game of the Year. I think it can be one of the BEST PC game EVER. Expand
  74. May 17, 2011
    Beats the crap out of Dragon Age 2. This is the way sequels should be made - bigger, prettier and generally awesomer. The story is great, the characters are interesting and cut-scenes are breathtaking. In comparison with The Witcher the graphics were HIGHLY improved, on the highest possible settings making it the prettiest RPG ever made. it is hard (even on the Normal settings) andBeats the crap out of Dragon Age 2. This is the way sequels should be made - bigger, prettier and generally awesomer. The story is great, the characters are interesting and cut-scenes are breathtaking. In comparison with The Witcher the graphics were HIGHLY improved, on the highest possible settings making it the prettiest RPG ever made. it is hard (even on the Normal settings) and challenging, but not frustrating with the new (more arcade) style of fighting. I won't say it is only worth playing - it is worth buying instantly !

BioWare, better learn from this and make Mass Effect 3 a kickass game or you will lose the crown of the best cRPG makers.
  75. May 17, 2011
    Absolutely stunning, movie-like experience. The game looks gorgeous even on low graphics settings. Pacing is good and story is brilliant. GOTY for sure.
  76. May 17, 2011
    It's pretty sad that some people are depraved enough to give this amazing game a 0. Listen, I've been a Bioware fan since Baldur's Gate, and have played all their games since. Pre-ordering a Bioware game used to be standard operating procedure for me until they dumbed down ME2 for the masses. That was the turning point for me, but I still gave them the benefit of the doubt. After DA2, itIt's pretty sad that some people are depraved enough to give this amazing game a 0. Listen, I've been a Bioware fan since Baldur's Gate, and have played all their games since. Pre-ordering a Bioware game used to be standard operating procedure for me until they dumbed down ME2 for the masses. That was the turning point for me, but I still gave them the benefit of the doubt. After DA2, it became clear that this was going to be the new trend: lazy, uninspired, rushed games, over-hyped and marketed to the FPS short attention span crowd.

It actually doesn't surprise me, it makes a lot of sense. Young, hungry companies like CDPR tend to be very passionate, idealistic, and all-or-nothing when it comes to making a name for themselves by putting the best product they can out there to stand out from the established brands. Bioware used to be a company like that, but as time went on the founders got increasingly comfortable with their company's success, and going from being 20-something and trying to make your mark in the world to being 30-something or 40-something with a company to run and a family to support, a mortgage to pay, etc. changes one's priorities. Accepting an offer of hundreds of millions of dollars for that company is pretty much a no-brainer, and I'm sure the people at Bioware were well aware of the consequences of being bought out by a company like EA. Fast forward to today, and we all can see the inevitable results of the EA buyout, except the few deranged hyper-fanboys/employees that are still in denial and giving genuine works of art a 0 rating...smh... Anyways, I'm not hating on Bioware here, just showing some tough love. I don't care who the developer is as long as they put some heart into it and show us RPG fans some love. Time to get it together and stop focusing on whether Shepard should give Garrus a reach around or not.
  77. May 17, 2011
    @ M_Stannard - Dragon Age 2 was terrible, CDProjekt has completely blown that game out of the water with The Witcher 2. This new Witcher is amazing, it brings everything important to an RPG and manages to remain unique. Whereas Dragon Age 2 was clearly rushed and intended to make a quick profit (aimed mostly at BioWare fanbois like Stannard who will buy a terrible game for the brand name),@ M_Stannard - Dragon Age 2 was terrible, CDProjekt has completely blown that game out of the water with The Witcher 2. This new Witcher is amazing, it brings everything important to an RPG and manages to remain unique. Whereas Dragon Age 2 was clearly rushed and intended to make a quick profit (aimed mostly at BioWare fanbois like Stannard who will buy a terrible game for the brand name), The Witcher 2 exudes passion and love from the studio. Well done CDProjekt, you have earned BioWare's RPG crown. Expand
  78. May 19, 2011
    I' ve just played for about 8 hours without a brake. This game is truly amazing. Why would anyone give a masterpiece like that a 0?I feel sorry for you. Get a life. adfasdfasdfasdf
  79. May 17, 2011
    Best RPG of 2011 for sure (at least untill Skyrim gets released). Story, combat system, new engine, Premium Edition at the cost of a regular game, character animations, sound, are just a few reasons. 100% recommended game. And remember that we get all DLC's for FREE! I wonder if CD Projekt Red will release a new editor soon (Djinni 2?), that would be great for the modding community.

To

To the one that reviewed this game with a 0...
    Bioware must learn from this game, they need to improve a lot since that crappy Jade Empire. DAO was quite good, but not an excellent game (I don't speak about DA2, because it should never existed) and I don't consider that Mass Effect is a roleplaying game...wonder why people keep saying that, it's an action game with some rpg elements, but an action game from the basis (and too similiar to GoW in game mechanics...but that's not the point). By the way, I am myself a BioWare fan because they made the best RPG of all time in pair with Black Isle (Planescape Torment it's algo great), but since NWN their games just keep being dissapointing. And now that EA is in charge...we are all doomed :/
  80. May 17, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Best RPG for this year, Story is great and nonlinear, choices are great, graphics looks amazing! ,good combat mechanics,Great improvement since Witcher 1, CD Projekt did a great job with this game. Probably one of the best cRPG in history of modern gaming in my opinion

81. May 17, 2011
    This is how you do it. Deep character system? Check Epic story? Check Engaging combat? Check No DRM? Check Same price across regions? Check Free DLC forever? Check CD Projekt is the anti-EA/Bioware...
  82. May 17, 2011
    The most beautiful RPG game EVER. Graphics and audio are just stunning, other developers should learn from CDP how to create a fantastic engine. Another thing is great, mature, involving story. The game is absolutely the most non-linear next gen RPG. When I asked my friend about his progress in the story, it sounded like he played a completely different game! I'm sure I will complete theThe most beautiful RPG game EVER. Graphics and audio are just stunning, other developers should learn from CDP how to create a fantastic engine. Another thing is great, mature, involving story. The game is absolutely the most non-linear next gen RPG. When I asked my friend about his progress in the story, it sounded like he played a completely different game! I'm sure I will complete the game 16 times, to see all of the endings. It's a must have for every RPG fan out there, and every PC gamer. Expand
  83. May 17, 2011
    I was looking forward to this game for a long time, had doubts sometimes, but what i saw today morning, blew me away and made my jaw hit the floor. I'm writing this in a short break for a launch, going back soon and wont stop till i pass out, its THAT good. Thank you CDPR, finally a RPG game, not mindless action game with statistics. It works flawlessly on medium settings on my 3 years oldI was looking forward to this game for a long time, had doubts sometimes, but what i saw today morning, blew me away and made my jaw hit the floor. I'm writing this in a short break for a launch, going back soon and wont stop till i pass out, its THAT good. Thank you CDPR, finally a RPG game, not mindless action game with statistics. It works flawlessly on medium settings on my 3 years old pc, and it still looks better than any game i played lately (except metro 2033 and crysis 1) if DA2 got 8+ than TW2 should get at least 30, sadly only 10 is possible. Expand
  84. May 18, 2011
    Great GAME ! Definetly going to buy it straight from gog . Exellent job CD Project ! Damn guys keept it comming ! This will be my 5-th title ever bought ... you know i am from Eastern Europe too :D I own all WOW , Witcher 1, ME1 and ME2 .... BioWARE & EA : you freaking tricked us here in romania with the cerberus codes for ME2 . Never recived any code in the box , just a reply from EAGreat GAME ! Definetly going to buy it straight from gog . Exellent job CD Project ! Damn guys keept it comming ! This will be my 5-th title ever bought ... you know i am from Eastern Europe too :D I own all WOW , Witcher 1, ME1 and ME2 .... BioWARE & EA : you freaking tricked us here in romania with the cerberus codes for ME2 . Never recived any code in the box , just a reply from EA that the copies sold in Romania do not have the code . GG Bioware , you won't see my money anytime soon . Its just painfull that you do not want them. Ohh by the way have a great time tracking the pirates through SSL :P

P.S: To all users that keep saying DA2 it is better than TW2 ..... ..... you got the versions totally wrong. You should edit your posts and say : DA1 it is better than TW1 .. and that it is true :)
  85. May 17, 2011
    This is it, the game worth every penny. After so many faliures on the game market i see light. I see GOTY 2011. And yea, its called The Witcher 2 Assassins Of Kings!
  86. May 17, 2011
    Hugely enjoyable experience so far (5-10 hrs in). Quite a bit more action oriented than I expected, especially in the combat, which took a little while to get used to. And the early Prologue part of the game is really a series of linear action levels. But once it opens up and you can run around exploring towns and solving problems for people this is pure CRPG bliss. Amazingly well madeHugely enjoyable experience so far (5-10 hrs in). Quite a bit more action oriented than I expected, especially in the combat, which took a little while to get used to. And the early Prologue part of the game is really a series of linear action levels. But once it opens up and you can run around exploring towns and solving problems for people this is pure CRPG bliss. Amazingly well made game. Can not recommend it enough for anyone interested in adventure, action or rpg games. The world of the Witcher is a strange mix of a fairly believable gritty european medieval world with magic, elves, dwarves and huge monsters. Expand
  87. May 17, 2011
    This game is very good cRPG. Beautiful locations and graphics, interesting quests, super gameplay and wonderful atmosphere makes it extremely. Polish, good job! :)
  88. May 18, 2011
    Masterpiece. One of the best games ever - engaging, realistic, mature and beautiful. This is how modern RPG should look like.

(I wanted to give it a "9", but when I saw those Bio Ware fanboys/employees/WOMM-guys giving it zeros, I realized that only a score of "10" would be fair).
  89. May 17, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Every pc gamer and lover RPG game need this game. CD-Project make a great work. The best RPG game in years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  90. May 17, 2011
    For sure The witcher 2 will be RPG of the year 2011. And it will have big chances to be a best game of year 2011. The Witcher 2 is best game i ever played in a very long time. Beautyfull graphics, nonlinear and addictive story, innovative combat system, great dialogs are just a few of many advantages.
  91. May 17, 2011
    My, is this thing overrated! A good ole' RPG but nothing really new gameplay wise. Visuals hold their own but the story takes itself so damn seriously that it's impossible to enjoy the experience. Oh and it's one of those emo fantasy BS worlds where everything is so medieval England slash Russia it's no longer funny.
  92. May 17, 2011
    Perfect, fantastic and amazing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  93. May 17, 2011
    The Witcher 2 is definitely a pretender for game of the year 2011. Everything in the game is wonderful - nonlinear plot, great characters, compelling story with intrigue in the background. Next important thing is how much CD Projekt Red love players - game is DRM-free and all DLC will be free. With CD Projekt Red it's great to be a pc gamer.
  94. May 17, 2011
    Best RPG i ever playedBest RPG i ever played !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  95. May 17, 2011
    This is the best RPG game ever (believe me I am a big RPG fan). CD-PROJECT RED is the new leader in creating such games. This is the firs game where you can actually play as you like, creating a new reality with each decision you make (sic!). I hope I wont blow out of proportion if I say that this game define RPG term. 10 points is way to low. (And last thing: every downloadable contentThis is the best RPG game ever (believe me I am a big RPG fan). CD-PROJECT RED is the new leader in creating such games. This is the firs game where you can actually play as you like, creating a new reality with each decision you make (sic!). I hope I wont blow out of proportion if I say that this game define RPG term. 10 points is way to low. (And last thing: every downloadable content like new adventure, new "sword" or new "armour" will be for free!) Expand
  96. May 17, 2011
    I don't know how M_Stannard could give this game a zero, especially after giving Dragon Age 2 a 10. This game is one of the most impressive games in years. A lot of game companies forget who their customers are and instead seek to fill their pockets. This game is an example of a game where the developers truly care about making a great product. The story is great, the graphics are amazing,I don't know how M_Stannard could give this game a zero, especially after giving Dragon Age 2 a 10. This game is one of the most impressive games in years. A lot of game companies forget who their customers are and instead seek to fill their pockets. This game is an example of a game where the developers truly care about making a great product. The story is great, the graphics are amazing, the voice acting is phenomenal, and the combat is better than the original. This is a game that once you start, you won't stop until finished. One of the best RPGs in years. I was a fan of the original Dragon Age and I was severely let down by the second. This game had successfully filled the RPG void that DA2 left me with. Expand
  97. May 17, 2011
    One of bests game ive played after a long time, the graphics are amazing, everything is made with passion, so deep and immerse.
    TW1 is good, but TW2 is better in all aspects.
  98. May 17, 2011
    Good game. But unfortunately, only good. Why? The combat system spoiled, and it's hard. Camera where the camera with the shoulder? without it hard to empathize with, and does not interfere with the tree once, during the fight, for example. For just a camera. Not to mention the system of drinking potions. Only in meditation? And where am I, for example, to know what is in front of me andGood game. But unfortunately, only good. Why? The combat system spoiled, and it's hard. Camera where the camera with the shoulder? without it hard to empathize with, and does not interfere with the tree once, during the fight, for example. For just a camera. Not to mention the system of drinking potions. Only in meditation? And where am I, for example, to know what is in front of me and whether I should drink a potion? even on normal difficulty. That fight, kill me and end. Wasted time, and I repeat, does not make sense. And what this sign, shield? For what? I took the first part of the shield and I drank the potion, I fought on, there is simply spoiled senseless. I really do not like it, very disturbing is the fluidity of the game. Too bad. I thought it would be better. 9 gives only because they do not want to specifically penalized, and the game good anyway. Thus, although nine more I write here 8th Expand
  99. May 17, 2011
    This is another level of RPG. Its literally Role playing game, witch real choices. I rely like it. Combat is pretty difficult, but after few hours you will learn. Graphics, and sound is great. I wish for more games like this ;) Game also have DLC system. I have already 2. for free!
  100. May 18, 2011
    Truly amazing game, with amazing graphic and with one of the deepest story ever told for the PC. Absolute must-have for any PC-player who likes mature cRPG. Bioware: on your knees. Watch, learn and beg for forgiveness for what you've done with DA2.
  101. May 19, 2011
    I'm a huge fan of Dragon Age Origins, and felt VERY let down by Dragon Age 2. I honestly had to force myself to finish it. From that point on I had my hopes for a great RPG set on The Witcher 2. Now my opinion comes from having only played until near the end of Chapter 1, but the game is head and shoulders above Dragon Age 2 already. There are technical issues for sure, I've had toI'm a huge fan of Dragon Age Origins, and felt VERY let down by Dragon Age 2. I honestly had to force myself to finish it. From that point on I had my hopes for a great RPG set on The Witcher 2. Now my opinion comes from having only played until near the end of Chapter 1, but the game is head and shoulders above Dragon Age 2 already. There are technical issues for sure, I've had to re-verify the game cache through steam 3 times already for a launcher bug. The combat controls feel a bit wonky. I adapted to the original witcher combat controls fairly fast, but am having a slightly harder time with TW2. However I still feel like I'm learning tricks on how to fight better and to keep from getting killed all the time on normal. I'm a major RPG story guy, so i'm sad to hear that the story wraps up so poorly and that will probably lower my opinion of the game once there, but even with that considered, THE WITCHER 2 BLOWS DRAGON AGE 2 OUT OF THE WATER in my opinion. Collapse

1. Pelit (Finland)