8.4

1. May 17, 2011
    M_Stannard's review is a sharp bit of sarcasm oriented to Dragon Age 2, it's clear :) Though, why just for the sake of sarcasm give a really good game (The Witcher 2) a negative score? Think about it, M_Stannard, because it may misguide people, who look only at scores chart and do not actually read your review. Because if one reads your review, it's immediately apparent that it's sarcastic :)

Now, about The Witcher 2 - the game is really, really great!!!
  2. May 18, 2011
    A masterpiece of RPG genre. CD Projekt delivered everything they promised and more, one of the best RPG's i have played in recent years. Definitely a game of the year 2011 candidate.

Shame the score is being destroyed by some idiots.
  3. May 17, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great game. I think it is the best RPG in 2011. interesting story, great adventure, good dialogues and amazing graphics, very good music and sounds. World in game is deep, dark and brutal.To be honest - game has a few, small defects but it does not affect in pleasure from game. I recommend the witcher 2 all fans of RPG in particular fans of first part of the Witcher. Expand
  4. May 18, 2011
    I am sure that the Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings will be RPG of the year 2011. Amazing graphics, great and nonlinear story, nice dialogs, tactical and innovative combat system are just a few of many advantages of The Witcher 2:Assassins of Kings. For sure each money are worth to spend on this game.
  5. Wik
    May 17, 2011
    The best solo player game for years. The graphics is one thing, but the world, the characters and combat is amazing. I cant find any bad things to say about this game.
  6. May 17, 2011
    I registered just to tell the world what a massive enjoyment this game is. Absolute, total 10 for one of the best RPGs since Planescape. It looks awesome, it sounds awesome and, damn, it plays awesome and tells you an awesome story!
  7. May 17, 2011
    Poor form BioWare employees, poor form. Giving this game a 0, and your own game a 10? When you're a developer, you lose the ability to review, because it will always be biased.
  8. May 17, 2011
    Wow. What else can be said? Phenomenal graphics, excellent dialog, bits of dark humor, superb combat system, tons of items, skills, and abilities...Just a complete and total upgrade over the first. I would have given the first a solid 7.5. I enjoyed it but wasn't blown away. The Witcher 2, however, is one of the greatest RPGs I've ever played. I was anxiously waiting for Skyrim to get my RPG fix but the Witcher 2 has completely changed that. Can't say enough about this fantastic game. If you're on the fence, do not hesitate. This will be a challenger for Game of the Year without a doubt. Expand
  9. May 17, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of the most immersive cRPG games ever made. If your are fan of Dark Fantasy Worlds, you must own it. I didn't have so much fun with RPG game since the last Witcher or even better .... Planescape Torment!!! Expand
  10. May 17, 2011
    The best cRPG i have ever played!! Beautiful graphic, epic history, perfect sound. In my opinion the best game of 2011. There is nothing more to say.
  11. May 17, 2011
    Great game, the translation wasnt the best, but everything else was great, good story, lost of locations to explore, the combat was good, and let me tell you, this game is very easy on the eyes, and for the people complaining about their machines not running the game well, well thats too bad, get a high end PC or stick with console gaming.

Bioware needs to take a look at what a real
    studio can do when they put their mind to it, this makes DA2 look shameful in almost every category. Expand
  12. May 17, 2011
    I had just finished Dragon Age 2 like 4 days ago, and i believed to be "great" but after playing throughout half of The witcher 2, don't take me wrong, but i just can't go back, the graphics and artistic design are too impressive, and the game play on par or better, although a sightly difficult game (to be on normal difficult setting) and very demanding on the computer, can't complain the graphics are superb, the story so far so good, just waiting for the credits to roll out but that won't change my perception of the game which i believed to be not just great but nothing short of "AMAZING". Expand
  13. May 17, 2011
    Great game with a great storyline, amaizing graphics, interesting characters, good combat.

one of the best RPG games i have ever played.

screw DA 2 that game is not even worth to download its the worst pile of sh..t i have ever played and stop lowering the ratings u bioware pricks
  14. May 18, 2011
    One of the best games ive have the privilege to play in a long time, this is the future of gaming. Well done in taking RPG to the next level. Kind of weird to see so many weirdos from BSN here rating a great game down, just feeling butthurt i guess cause DA2 was a flop.
  15. May 18, 2011
    I am trying to think of an accurate way to describe this game, which has completely blown me away. How about the best RPG I have played since Planescape Torment? I hope that says enough.
  16. May 18, 2011
    The new gold standard for RPG games, Witcher 2 is to the RPG genre as half life was to the FPS genre. The bar has just been set and the king throned.

Amazing graphics with cutting edge technology to push and punish the PC hardware that is rarely thought about by multiplatform games designed around consoles.

An immersive dynamic world where time of day matters and isn't simply a gimmick
    thrown in with reduced brightness. Cities are alive during the day with people doing what people would do instead of just standing around in place for hours like most other games. People interact with each other, go to work, and at night time hit up the pub and whore houses. Find yourself stumbling around in the dead of night down a dark alley and you'll probably run into bandits, drunks stumbling around, and increase monster presence in the wild.

Items, crafting, books, and more items; this game is rich with items. There are tons from different weapons such as halberds to junk items such as handcuffs. Crafting matters and you aren't limited to a single profession but rather you're able to use whatever you please. This means picking up herbs for potions and still being able to upgrade weapons even creating new armors. No restrictions allowing the player to enjoy and do what they please. If you enjoy item aspect of RPG games this game delivers 10 fold.

Engaging and skill based combat. Although Witcher 2 is more action oriented especially the combat that doesn't mean it's a simplistic bush masher where 50 clicks equates to a win. The combat is very tactical and requires timing to succeed. A lot of people find the combat to be difficult but once you've failed a couple of times and get the hang of its uniqueness it is very rewarding. Combat requires thought and planning so trying to play it like typical action based RPG's will result in failure. With 6 different magical abilities, 4 different skill trees, ranged weapons, items, and traps every battle is different and requires it's own solution.

Customization is very alive and well in Witcher 2. With 4 different progression trees that allow players drastically change what their character is an expert in every type of player can find their calling whether it's a something who relies heavily on magic abilities or a player whom decides creating strong potions to add in combat and the creating of powerful bombs the Witcher 2 has you covered. Although you can't customize your character's appearance via different hair, face options, or race the customization in this game via the skill trees and dialogue options like intimidate/influence is anything but frivolous and really adds to the game whereas different hair colors certainly doesn't. Story and re playability. Without spoiling anything and that's hard to do since there are so many choices that affect several other options, questions, and even the world you play in I'll just say it will require several entire play throughs to do it and see all Witcher 2 offers. Unlike other RPG games that pride themselves on "choice" and "consequences" which are clear cut good and bad scale the Witcher 2 is 500 shades of grey where whatever you choose it will probably end badly for someone. This is a dark mature low fantasy world where people are blunt and that rpg status quo doesn't apply. Forget the typical racial stereotypes and get ready for adult language and even nudity. CD Projekt Red decided to offer a truly unique experience for gamers tired of posh fancy elves, the knight in shining armor, and bad guys you couldn't ever relate to. I could never give a game a perfect 10 because there is always something the developer could have done better but in the case of Witcher 2 I'll give it a 10. I do this because of what the developer gives for the money. An actual game manual that is more than 3 pages of legal shenanigans, free game soundtrack, a game guide, and the option for your game to be entirely DRM free. It's the little things which are nonexistent now days for most developers unless you pay more but in the Witcher 2 you get standard which makes this game an excellent value. Did I mention FREE DLC and never having to pay for it? No release day paid DLC here folks. Enjoy your game you paid for it!
  17. May 19, 2011
    This is a great rpg, the best I have ever played. I find it funny how people who rate this game badly rated Dragon Age 2 10/10. I bet they did not even play the game.
  18. May 19, 2011
    I love F:NV, but after playing TW 2 all i can say is: The Witcher 2 is the best RPG i ever played.... in my opinion it is Game of the Year 2011. Story is great and nonlinear. Music, world, choices , graphics - everything looks amazing! it is masterpiece from CDP Red. That is how should looks modern RPG! I belive it starts new chapter for RPG genere. No more crap like DA2, no more milking players by stupid DLC. Expand
  19. May 19, 2011
    Hands down the best rpg I've played in years, far far better imo at least then dragon age origins, and blows dragon age 2 out of the water.

They talk about choice in other games but yet to see one that can diverge as much as witcher does.

Is it 100%? no it has flaws, some people have trouble running it I hear, though as luck would have it i'm not one of them.
  20. May 19, 2011
    Just bought this game this morning at my local Gamestop. couldn't find it elsewhere and wanted a physical copy. It has been years since I have played a game this well made. I have never seen so much detail put into the ambiance and life of a town (haven't got that far yet). I'm so glad that are some dedicated developers out there still, they seem to be a dying breed. Really looking forward to finishing it and replaying for the multiple endings and outcomes. Expand
  21. May 20, 2011
    I have played many RPG's in my life, but i have to say, this is the best yet. I won't go into details as the many other positive comments echo my sentiments. Those who moan about the combat, you need to learn how to play. The controls are responsive, and the player needs to use ALL his abilities to survive, this is not a hack-and-slash. Get lost in this game, you will love it!
  22. May 21, 2011
    I think it's probably the rpg of the year.
    This game have splendid graphic, no censorship at all (in dialogue romance etc...), lifefull environment.
    The story follow start where witcher 1 end.
    After the deception of dragon age2, it's good to see one good rpg this year.
  23. May 21, 2011
    Good: - graphics is amazing - superb story - this is not your regular hack and slash rpg ~~ Bad: - inventory mechanics is a bit disorganized and sometimes confusing. - item looting is lame; picking up items is too fast that i don't even see what i'm picking up because it just grabs everything. - bugs are present but should be fixed with future patches. - fighting animation should be enhanced more; it's like slashing through paper every time i hit a monster.

~~ Conclusion:
    a well made game but not a perfect one.
  24. May 22, 2011
    Although I'm only a few hours into the game, I'm quite enjoying it despite a few bugs and a surprising difficulty. I've also found the story to be quite entertaining, while still understandable to someone who read the plot of the first game on Wikipedia, the day before release. It's also extremely pretty. Man oh man do I love me some pretty graphics, although it did take a little bit of tweaking for it to run at 30 fps on my pretty good tier machine. I can run the game with most settings on with the exception of the hated Uber Sampling, and still get a solid 25-30 fps. Although I do believe the developers could have done a little more optimization, along with a little more bug fixing. Expand
  25. May 22, 2011
    Don't believe the hype, it's an o.k game, but not a goty, graphics is 8/10 ( with a powerful pc ) , combat 7/10 (hack & slash ) , story is 8/10, controls and interface = consolport, it deserves an eigth , but not better .
  26. May 22, 2011
    Great sequel to a solid game. Witcher 2 has breathtaking graphics. Story is great and has much replayability due to your choices. Good community. Only con is a small studio about to be overwhelmed with success. The initial sales has put a lot of stress on their infrastructure.

A definite buy!!!
  27. May 24, 2011
    This game is simply amazing but with a few flaws which is why i don't give it a 10. The environments are constrictive(not enough freedom) and the game is too short imo(about 24 hours without side quests, 40 hours with). BUT in every other way this is the BEST rpg ive ever played. The gameplay, meaningful choices, story, atmosphere, characters, graphics are all wonderful. Hats off CDproject. And Iorveth rocks. Expand
  28. Oct 25, 2011
    This game has a lot going for it, the characters are deep and the story is very good. My only complain about this game is the inventory system that can be pretty annoying at times.. But don't let that discourage you from getting a really good game and on of the best RPG's that has come out this year
  29. Dec 12, 2011
    Visceral combat, gorgeous graphics, engrossing story. CD Projekt gives us the experience Bioware failed to deliver with DA2. I heard some disappointment about the conclusion of the story, but I don't share those sentiments. It could've been longer of course, but that can be said of any good thing.
  30. Jun 2, 2011
    Aside from the stunning visuals, interesting characters and fun gameplay, what makes the game shine is the obvious love the developers put into making this game. There is such attention to detail, and it's this attention to detail that provides a level of immersion that is almost unparalleled. The game does have a few negatives which prevent me from giving it a 10:
    I would have liked to be
    able to resocket runes, mutagens, and possible respec my talents. the combat has a steep learning curve, it isn't terribly hard, it just takes some getting used to. Expand
  31. Jun 21, 2011
    Most unsatisfying game play EVER. I want to like a cool fantasy rpg, but graphics and a story don't make a game, they make a show. Sluggish and unnatural movement and no combat system turn this cool-vibe-game into a purely frustrating experience. Yuck!
  32. Jun 13, 2011
    One of the best single player RPG I have played in a while. Great story, graphics and combat system, everything seems to be improved from TW1. Much needed after the DA2 letdown.
  33. Jun 13, 2011
    A true masterpiece of the computer gaming world! I enjoyed every minute of playing this game. The story will engross you and take you deep into a magical world. The game is made with passion. It is at heart a game made by gamers for gamers. Highly recommended. A near perfect RPG with all the key ingredients that make it so immersing. JUST BEAUTIFUL. I felt proud to buy this game.
  34. Aug 13, 2011
    Brilliant game, great pacing, great quests, my favorite part? The ambiguity of what it means to be "good" or "evil". Instead of the usual choice between "goodie two shoes" and "completely evil bastard" with nothing in between, you actually have to make choices between shades of grey and live with the consequences. I was actually beginning to lose hope that we'd never see a truly great RPG again. Definitely raises the bar of what an RPG can be. Expand
  35. Jun 19, 2011
    Game has a story I can really get into mixed in with solid gameplay and combat. Played it on hard and it actually gave me a ridiculously hard yet rewarding experience right to the end of the game. Replaying it again because your choices affect the outcome of the story and I want to see what I missed. Tip: If the fights seem too hard, you just need to adjust how you approach them. Every enemy type acts differently and has a Achilles Heel. Expand
  36. Aug 3, 2011
    Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!Good!!
  37. Jun 21, 2011
    This is a my personal GOTY so far. This game has everything that any other game want and more. Graphics are beautiful, combat is involving and tactical, the story is non linear and just plain amazing. This and Portal 2 are one of my favorite games of the year. Now, this game has some small problems, such as clunky inventory. But these problems are completely overshadowed by the game's other amazing qualities. Coupled with the fact that devs are continuously supporting the game with patches and DLC makes this game a must BUY this year. I would give this game 9/10 but will rate as 10/10 to counter other 0/10 from haters. Expand
  38. Sep 19, 2012
    I already bought and completed the game, but I still feel the need to throw money at my screen. This game is a monumental achievement in the modern age of RPGs; even if the map navigation is kind of frustrating, if not useless. The first game was great, but this one is just incredible.
  39. Jul 27, 2011
    I really love this game. I think the atmosphere and the graphics are really great. I love the non-vanilla approach to fantasy, the gritty feel of it. NO big evil badass to defeat, just the intrigue of a handful of morally wayward characters. But, as has been said elsewhere, I feel that some of the boss fights are ridiculous, and the lack of information on how you actually need to do stuff is incredibly annoying. The developers could use a few usability lessons: this has got nothing to do with being hardcore or old style - this is just plain bad. Expand
  40. Jul 28, 2011
    This game features the most spectacular graphics, but the most random, counter-intuitive and meaningless gameplay I ever encountered. Let's put things in categories:
    1. Gerald attach strategy. Sometimes, when fighting 3 opponents at once, gameplay stops and Gerald performs a super-duper move which kill all of them at once. If I load the same save and do the same actions, no super moves
    will happen and I likely will be killed.
    2. Monster strategy. When fighting endera queens, the queen may use 20 times some simple attacks which Gerald can bloc, and once - another attack with exactly the same animation which blows through block and kills Gerald instantly. I tried the fight around 20 times and failed to figure out how to distinguish of prevent shield-breaking attack.
    3. Random quest givers. You may walk around the whole city and most NPC's won't have anything new to say to you. Instead, while wandering through the forest, an absolutely unexpected NPC will pop up and give you a quest. In most RPG's I expect to approach NPC's myself in most of the time in order to receive quests.
    4. Random quest order. Even if I received quests to fight two different kind of monsters, I have no clue where I should find them. I have no way to plan the order how to complete the quests. The solution is to simply walk the whole forest and to kill any monster you encounter.

And don't let me start about the menu.
  41. Aug 25, 2011
    The witcher 2 based on the quality of the witcher one this was an imidiate buy. Imagion my suprise then when the "RPG" they produced was one long hallway with nice decorations. instead of wandering a world making decisions on where to go you are railroaded down a couple branching paths. in some if you enjoyed the choice that the witcher 1 offered then this is going to drive you nuts. I guess its not suprising that they have gone into god of war mode like bioware who also used to make good games. Expand
  42. Aug 27, 2011
    Game of the Year! The Witcher 2 has fantastic graphics; gripping characters and true replay value. I cannot measure the amount of satisfaction I've been given by CD Projekt. I hope they continue in the same vain and expand this fantastic World they have created in the much anticipated next expansion/game they release. There are minor issues that have most be resolved by the subsequential patches provided by CD Projekt. The MAIN problem with the Witcher 2 is that it ends... and I hope this is addressed very soon! I strongly recommend this game to anyone out there ready to immerse themselves into a game and find the challenges posed in Assassin of Kings as rewarding as I've found them. Currently I'm on my 3rd play through of this game. Expand
  43. Sep 4, 2011
    What can i say? This game engages all of your emotions at the most human level. It is an outstanding example of modern interactive entertainment at its greatest!
  44. Oct 9, 2011
    Simply faultless game! In all respects the best game of year! The unique drawing design fighting system the game world! In a word it is excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  45. Mar 1, 2013
    Best story in an rpg that I've experienced in a looooong time. Combat is harder than other games but there are too many combat friendly rpgs nowadays. I like the challenge and feeling like a mortal, not being god like.
  46. Jan 4, 2012
    This game tries to achive DirectX 11 graphics in the DirectX 9 API. There are some very technical D3D9 effects that should have been done in DirectX 11 but they are done in the slower DirectX 9 which is what makes this game more demanding on the graphics adapter than other games with better graphics. If you're rating only the gameplay and story, it is an easy game to pick up and be taken by because of the medival characters and environments. The conversation trees add to how the story is difficult to follow & the quests will be repetative. In conclusion the performance issue and obvious dated DX9 API graphics can be so distracting that it is difficult to follow the typical and predictable gameplay, but it is a very unique rendition about a medival story. Expand
  47. Mar 20, 2012
    After playing The Witcher 1 and reading what few of the books that have been translated into English; I pretty much knew what to expect in this cRPG. A mostly pre-made character, tons of grey characters, sex, violence, and an extremely provocative story. I was not disappointed. Fans of Skyrim (pretty much everybody and their moms) might not like this game, as it does not give you nearly the same freedom, but that's okay because the story, combat, and characters surpass Bethesda's "masterpiece" by a huge margin. The presentation here is astounding. To top it all off the graphics are incredible. The engine might not be as robust as DICE's Frostbite 2's, but the artwork and attention to detail are simply astounding.

The only drawbacks to this game are a frustratingly difficult first act, some odd translation issues with expressions and dialogue options that don't make sense, and a rushed ending. I'll elaborate on the ending. It is good and very satisfying, but the third act initially seems like it was supposed to be much longer, and the end comes rather abruptly. The Enhanced edition seems like it will address these issues, and it is coming out next month. I highly recommend this game if you are a fan of low magic, dark-ish fantasy, and great writing. If you would prefer a more traditional, blank-slate cRPG with much crappier writing, then play Skyrim.
  48. Nov 15, 2011
    It was a really good game. But after patch it is perfect. New mode arena is great and it cause that you cannot stop playing it. Story is excellent, there is a lot of fight, everything is well balanced and there is no time for boredom.
  49. Dec 24, 2011
    The best rpg ever made. This game is at least on par with (if not better than) Baldur's Gate2.
    Rather than "dark" it's mature. The plot is thick with twits and turns and choices and characters who act like real people would, rather than the cartoon black and white personalities of most RPG characters.

Give it a try, definitely deserves your money.
  50. Feb 9, 2012
    Wonderfull game. Thanks to the Witcher 2 fantasy RPG fans had something to play in 2011, since Bioware completely destroyed their formerly stellar franchise with the awfull Dragon Age II.
  51. Mar 18, 2012
    No RPG could be compared with the witcher 2, maybe only Mass Effect.
    Perfect in every aspect, but it is not an easy-to-understand game with a simple plot, flat characters and colourless dialogues (such as the overestimated Skyrim). It's a cinematografic experience, an immersive world full of violence and evil. The most interesting part of the gameplay is the fact that the story is not
    linear, but divides one game in two. Fantastic the aspect of morality and free will.
    A game that only mentally mature players can appreciate.
  52. Apr 26, 2012
    Yeah this game was really great but now with enhanced edition is 100% better than was ! Must have for sure for every rpg fan ! SO do not wait and go buy it :)
  53. Jun 1, 2012
    Definitely one of the best games I've ever played. Amazing story, compelling characters, incredible graphics and great battle mechanics. Congratulations CD Project RED - You've done great job making most immersing RPG ever.
  54. May 25, 2012
    IMHO, the best 2011 RPG (real RPG) game with an interesting story, unique well thought out world and quite challenging encounters and I like its humour :-). Shame it has not been advertised as much as other games for The Witcher is better than Skyrim (which appeared to be rather boring for me and anyway is not true RPG anymore, but has bigger marketing budjet to pay critics:-))
  55. Jul 5, 2012
    While the graphics are astounding, and the cut scenes are breathtaking, the actual game play is piss poor. When I actually have to plug in a controller on a computer to play a game correctly, something is dire wrong.
  56. May 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game has an intriguing story and universe, a big strength for any game with in it. There are multiple side quests in the game as well so there are multiple hours of time that can be put into the game as for replay value or a single run. There are multiple branching paths that change how your story and in some ways gameplay goes. The characters are as very entertaining in their own way. The universe is grim dark in many aspects with their being no one good side to say the least or one evil side. the story itself is relatively well written as well, one of the better pieces of writing in video games to come out in the modern times. As a down side though the gameplay is a complex RPG, yes, however, since many games nowadays are too easy to complete this might be one of the games advantages as well. To also admit yes the gameplay at times does at times get boring so I have to play different games but gameplay is not one of the things I care for majorly yet I see it's importance. Overall a 8.5 a great game and a near must buy for anyone. Expand
  57. Nov 1, 2013
    As an RPG, this has the absolute highest tier storytelling you could hope for. Graphically it is also superb, outshining many, if not most games that have been released years after. The world is believable and engrossing, with fantastic character design, adept voice acting and beautiful landscapes. Combat is visceral, but it can feel slightly awkward and it is possible to become stun-locked. Perhaps this is merely a mistake on my part. The game is hard to criticize considering the passion that has evidently gone into its creation. Expand
  58. Feb 19, 2014
    This has the best cinematic graphics I have ever witnessed! It's a shame that an i7 can't handle the game properly even in low specs, but after playing a few arena games just to try it out, the combat system improved A LOT from the first Witcher to now, and the attacks are more juicy.

Although I didn't experience the story, I strongly recommend the game.
  59. May 20, 2011
    I've got to give this game the highest marks. Aside from a few technical bugs at the beginning (that I was able to fix and were the fault of my computer) and a (to me) awkward control scheme (that can be edited), I've had no complaints. This game truly presents an immense number of options and pathways for the player to take. Absolutely recommend!
  60. May 21, 2011
    One of the best, if not the best game of the 2011. From the first moment you feel ultimate climate of the game. Since release of the first Witcher developers improved almost everything: - combat is more challenging, -graphic is brilliant and whole experience from the game is much better. Even tho there are some minor flaws (DLC problems), in compare to first Witcher buggy at release game developers achieved world level. I was really scared that CDP Red would not handle task of providing better game than first part but now I am happy to recommend this game to everyone who enjoy top-level cRPG games!

PS. PC platform games can still beat any console game!
  61. May 21, 2011
    This is RPG at it's best, and anyone who doesn't recognize that, does not actually know anything about RPGs. The graphics are just a bonus on top of amazing writing and gameplay.
  62. May 17, 2011
    OK
    The best game of 2011 for sure. I mean what's not to like. Best graphics for a RPG and terrific combat animations. Story is nothing short of Mind-blowing and voice acting is terrific.
  63. May 24, 2011
    I couldn't play the first Witcher just because of how unplayable it was gameplay wise, while I admit it had a great story, it wasn't good enough for me to struggle through the game to find out what happened.
    This left me a bit confused in the Witcher 2, but I'm glad I played it and was incredibly disappointed at the end, for the sole reason there wasn't anymore to play. It has a
    fantastically complex storyline and character development with a choice coming up in quick succession leading to a completely changed world by your actions. The World is also very mature, racial discrimination, injustice, murder, suicide, these all make the game a very adult and enthralling story that gets you caught up in in very quickly.

The game does have a few annoyances (picking things up from bodies or using objects is rather difficult at times) but they can have absolutely no impact on an absolutely amazing game like this.
    I hated the first one, but this one is possibly the best game I have ever played.
  64. May 17, 2011
    The game itself rules so far, awesome graphics, convincing story, interesting quests and background, incredible music, I love this game ! This game rocks so much I lack words to describe it. It has the same dark and mature atmosphere TW1 had, choices and consequences of your actions matter even more, and it fixed the biggest complaint of the first part: the combat. And it's damn challenging.Best RPG i ever played in a long time. My candidate for Game of the Year 2011. Story is great and nonlinear, choices are great, graphics looks amazing! Since first play i know that is game made from fans for fans. Expand
  65. May 18, 2011
    I haven't finished the game yet but I can already tell that this is one if the most engaging games I've played in a long time. Last time I couldn't stop playing even though my eyes hurt like hell was when Black Ops or Halo:Reach came out. I have to admit that I was a bit lost in combat when I started playing but I quickly realised that I have to try harder like in Demon's Souls or Castlevania (on hard) not just mash a button. I like that some developers finally realize that we like challenges nit just running through the game smoothly. On top off that the graphics are so beautiful and full of detail that I enjoy sightseeing in TW2 :))) before I take up a quest. Expand
  66. May 17, 2011
    Im using a Galaxy Geforce GT 430 and running the game on high settings, in 720p the game is gorgeous, the combat is fantastic,the dialogue is smart aggressive and sometimes witty, i am not using the keyboard and mouse control i am using a razor Onza xbox 360 controller and am completely in love. If they can find a way to stabilize the graphics for the 360 and ps3, console gamers with be getting a rpg well worth the 60 dollars, CDproject know what they were doing with this game. im not a huge pc gamer, though im slightly starting to convert. this game will keep me busy for awhile as iv been exploring the area of chapter 1 for over 9 hours. Get this game its worth it. Expand
  67. May 30, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Witcher is a good game. Beautiful, and something i waited for a long time. since kotor or NwN i havent played rpg that good. but that's all it is. good. there are no games in which we could see something new, something that could surprise us in a good way. witcher is rpg the way it should be, and there's a lot of things i like in it. conversation, graphics, nudity...hehe. i give it six, because this is reality of games today, everything leads to one goal, and that is better graphics, better graphics, better graphics,etc. actually the prime time of rpg-s was long time ago, time of black isle, and time of troika games. this is just another times, modern times, times of making money, and not making games.cheer Expand
  68. May 24, 2011
    pretty goddamn cool man. WHAT DOES HE HAVE TWO SWORDS FOR? DOES HE TEND TO LOSE THEM?

SO I SAID, IM TAKING YOUR PURSE, OR, YOUR PURSE AND YOUR LIFE.
  69. May 17, 2011
    Simply incredible! It's not perfect, but it is one of the the most well-designed games I have ever played. After that sorry excuse of a sequel, which was Dragon Age 2, playing this game is truly a refreshing experience. Buy it, play it and revel in the glory of the game.... then pray that CD Projekt will be an independent company in the future. (look at what BioWare had become...)
  70. May 18, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. True evidence that "adult game" can rely on adult story not on sea of blood /DA2/. Excellent, beautiful, immersive RPG. Great atmosphere, great story, and nontrivial combats. Bioware please take your lesson before ME3 and DA3 hit the market. For today Witcher 2 is the RPG king of 2011.9 not 10 score because of minor flaws and complicated installation procedure. Hope that patch will solve most of this. Expand
  71. May 18, 2011
    Truly fantastic game. It's a shame that some people are so unfair to post "0". The Witcher 2 is a feast for the eyes and for the brain. Fights are more difficult than in the first part, for the first time in ages I had to think before the battle what strategy to use. Brilliant!
    Everyone who don't like to fight can use "easy" and feel the wonderful world of the Witcher. Buy it it's worth it.
  72. May 17, 2011
    This definitely is Game of the Year 2011. The single best RPG I have played since Planescape: Torment. The characters are deep and complex, the storyline develops depending on your actions and choices. It takes what was good from every single RPG released in the last 15 years and makes it into something better. The graphics are simply the best ever seen in an RPG to date, if not the best that we have so far in any game (compare to Crysis if you want to). The flaws are few if any. The stealth sections are not the best, but they are optional, and there are a few bugs and such. There is no ACTUAL character customization, but you can change what the protagonist is wearing with quite a bit.
    The combat system works quite well. It may not be the best combat system in gaming history, but it does exactly what is is supposed to do. But all that is just beside the point. The atmosphere, the music and the character lines are just amazing, combining to create one of the best RPG's of all time.
  73. May 17, 2011
    A deep and engrossing role-playing experience. Makes use of skills in conversations and has engaging dialogue and choices and consequences. This may very well be GOTY 2011.
  74. May 20, 2011
    Absolutely brilliant. Gameplay to graphics the witcher 2 is wonderful, Ive been waiting for this game since it was announced and it has delivered in every way! GOTY 2011 hands down. Puts recent RPG's to shame. (DA2).
  75. May 17, 2011
    This game is amazing. The depth it contains is what true RPG gamers want. The writing and game play are superb. When you play this game, you realize how terrible other games are that try to call themselves RPGs (Dragon Age 2). If you like complexity, depth, fun game play and a great story you can't go wrong with this game. Long live the true RPG games, down with simplified mainstream crap like Dragon Age 2! Expand
  76. May 17, 2011
    easily one of the best RPG games ever created.. i hope so called RPG companies like Bioware have their notepad open and start writing down HOW games are done.. because THIS IS AN AWESOME GAME!
  77. May 18, 2011
    Best RPG you can buy! It has everything a true RPG should have. You got magic , awesome battling , traps, crafting , armor modification , non linear gameplay and stunning graphics and much much more I. Finally a game that utilizes PC's true power! A must buy that's for sure. Dont mind trolls who give it 0 , this game is fantastic those who complain probably cant run it because of their overpriced Alienware crap Expand
  78. May 17, 2011
    Lol...I knew that will be someone who will give "0" note :) "People" are strange...
    Game is...AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME! Interesting and great narrated plot, interesting non linear quests that can be done in many different ways. Absolutely stunning graphics, good optimalization (remember to TURN OFF UBERSAMPLING if you don't have uberpowered monster PC). Combat system far better than in
    the first Witcher - challenging even on normal. Great animations. Living world with society reacting if we use sword in restricted area. I can't find any cons of this game (in fact there is one - stealth sequences - not so good). The rest if an ART. 10/10 . Best RPG I've ever played Expand
  79. Fef
    May 17, 2011
    Game looks absolutely fantastic. Dialogue is immersive and well written. m_stannard is a gelatinous, buttperturbed jackass who is super mad DA2 sucked dick.
  80. May 18, 2011
    Unadulterated amazing and one of the best-looking, perhaps THE best-looking game I've ever played, with nuanced writing, complex gameworld and characters, and challenging combat.
  81. May 18, 2011
    My God...it's full of AWESOME...

It looks good.

It plays goodx10.

It's funx10.

I don't feel my intelligence is insulted when I play it.

It's like CDProjekt gave a damn about their product and Atari didn't interfere with things!

Take note Bioware and EA respectively...oh who am I kidding? Like EA and Bioware give a damn anymore.
  82. Aug 2, 2011
    The Witcher 2 Assassins of Kings is very good game, with amazing graphics, good gameplay with a pretty good story, with non-linear story, nice characters. Game have several errors, but not enough and do not hinder the game.
  83. Jun 2, 2011
    This game is the most best game rpg that I played(but BG is classic...). She has many variation of history, her need to replay that to see new character, new location, because 2 and 3 chapter different.
  84. May 18, 2011
    this is the best game i have played ever this is how an RPG should be made this is defiantly the GOTY for me everything about this game is quality the graphics are stunning the game play is brilliant and the RPG elements are amazing.
  85. May 17, 2011
    The developers improved on the original game in every way. In stark contrast to what Dragon Age 2 was, The Witcher 2 is an example of what happens when a developer cares more about the experience of the player than lining their own pockets. No needless junk was added to garner more sales. No EA gathering your information and restricting your access to the games you purchase. Do yourself a favor and buy this game from Gog.com. That will ensure that more money reaches the developer instead of dividing it up with middlemen like Steam or Gamestop. This title is a masterpiece and should be played by anyone who enjoys RPGs. Expand
  86. May 20, 2011
    The best game I've played since Baldur's Gate 2. Love it because its a great game, but also because it shows you can still make good games in this day and age without having to cut corners and/or appeal to the lowest common denominator. Add to that that it's also the cheapest game I've bought in years!! Everyone who likes RPG's should buy this game. CD Projekt should be very proud of this!
  87. May 22, 2011
    Some aspects are quite good, some really annoying. I enjoy the characters overall. The combat overall is fun. Alchemy and signs to a lesser extent add some interesting depth, though I find some signs are definitely more useful than others.

Here are where I find the game has it shortcomings. 1. I can't say much about the graphics, because my rig (tried on 1gb ATI and NVidia) doesn't seem
    enough for more than low settings without serious drag. 2. I find it really hard to use the mouse. Sometimes, despite setting mouse sensitivity to low, I find myself facing 180 degrees away from where I want to be. Ironically, I have the opposite problem on the arm wrestling game, where I can't make my mouse stay on the yellow bar. Once the other guy gets going, there is no way for me to stop the descent. It makes this minigame one of the least enjoyable I've played in my 30 years of gaming and I'll avoid it as much as possible. 3. Often my keystrokes are missed, so that I push them multiple times to get something done. This increases as the game plays, which I guess means a memory leak and repeated on and off's. 4. I actually liked the character model for Geralt better in TW1. This one doesn't quite cut it for me. Expand
  88. May 25, 2011
    Once again amazing character/development and writing but the main story feels lacking. I would like to write a large review and say a lot about this game but I would use up all of my available characters so I'll just say it fully deserves my 9. It loses a point for a number of reasons. Combat is perfect in every way could use a little re balancing especially the spells.
  89. May 21, 2011
    This game can easily match it with the best non-linear RPGs out there. A dark atmosphere and adult storytelling set it apart from most other games of it's genre. Good and Evil are so close together when you make your decisions that there usually is no "good choice" - its mostly about choosing the "lesser evil" - and that choice is nearly 100% up to you - and yes: Choose your words poorly and the game will instant-kill you!

With upgraded graphics it is a real beauty on a high-end PC. A tip for drastically improving performance is to turn of "Uber-Sampling" which makes the game unplayable on Single-GPU systems.

The only real problem I could find are some balancing issues that make the game's combat very hard while you are still try to learn it and gain your first levels. This is because the encounters do not scale with the players level. But it also means that game gets easier each level - which makes it almost too easy at the end (unless you skip all side-quests).

All in all the best RPG I have played since Mass Effect - even surpassing it (and I am a Sci-Fi fan). I did not encounter any game-breaking bugs/crashes but I had no sound with a 7.1 USB-headset. The game works at 5.1 and stereo though. Found no logic bugs either - sometimes a quest-NPC wasn't there but that was usually fixed by meditating 23 hours.

Any RPG-fan should own a copy of this game!
  90. May 26, 2011
    You know, this game perfectly illustrates the adage that if you give people a golden goose that lays diamond eggs, there are bound to be a few who complain that the eggs are too hard to eat. The Witcher 2 is probably the best RPG since the Baldur's Gate saga: the graphics are amazing, the gameplay is exciting, voice acting and writing are top notch, and the story line is engaging. The game is also hard. If you're used to playing those bits of entertainment flotsam puked out by Bioware, and think that you're a bad assed hero controller that can take any game on insane level, then you're going to be in for a rude awakening. Playing Witcher 2 on hard is, surprise surprise, ACTUALLY HARD. You're going to have to use everything at your disposal to win fights, and that include your ability to adroitly manipulate the keyboard/mouse/gamepad. If you can't handle that, then play the game on easy, or buy an easier game (I've heard Dragon Age 2 is just about your speed).
    For those of you up to the challenge, Witcher 2 is an immensely rewarding experience. Beating a room full of bad guys with nothing but a hand full of bombs, your wits and a bit of fancy footwork is an experience you won't soon forget. But even that experience pales in comparison to the realization that the peon that you helped way back at the beginning of the game just returned the favor by saving you a whole pail of trouble when you encounter him later.
    To be fair, there are some glitches:SLI wasn't working at release, keyboard customization require you to manually edit some game files, aspect ratios are a little off, and some minor side quests break if you don't do them exactly right. However, I'd rather have a few glitched side quests that have every dungeon look exactly the same **cough**Dragon Age 2**cough**.
    If you are a RPG fan, someone who remembers what a RPG is supposed to be like, you owe it to yourself to play this game and support this company. If you don't, then don't whine and complain when you're given drivel like Dragon Age 2 and told to like it.
  91. May 23, 2011
    Excellent game! If you love RPG this is the game for you in 2011. Simply superb graphics and storytelling. Different battle system compared to TW1 and it works much better. I had trouble playing on harder difficulties in this game when I breezed through the insane difficulty on TW1. It's a must buy. I would even re-play TW1 just to see how it affects events in this game. DO get this game instead if you're thinking of DA2 which I never even bothered to finish. Expand
  92. May 26, 2011
    Finally! An RPG that doesnâ
  93. May 17, 2011
    One of the best RPG i have ever played. Much, much better, than Dragon Age II; interesting character development, choice-based plot, superb voice overs, great graphics combined with short load times, make this game a perfect buy, if you want to taste an RPG for grown-ups.
  94. May 29, 2011
    After having just finished two different playthroughs of the Witcher 2, all I want to say is a big congratulation to CDP Red for delivering this masterpiece. RPGs have never been the same since the Witcher I but now thanks to its much more brilliant sequel, even our popular culture would never be the same again.
  95. May 25, 2011
    I can't speak for every gamer out there but the main reason I play games is to have fun, have some sense of accomplishment at the end of the experience and to enjoy those pivotal moments in between. This game delivered this and more in spades. Brilliant characters, excellent story, so many good things that I fear mentioning all of it could spoil it for those that have not played it yet.

The game has a few minor bugs, a few flaws with the inventory system in that you can only carry a very limited amount of items and the combat difficulty does seem to be 'challenging'. That said, if I gave the game a score lower than 10 for these minor flaws I think I'd be doing a great injustice to this work of art and to the people that created it.

If you enjoyed Witcher 1 you will enjoy this game, heck if you did not enjoy Witcher 1 you probably will still enjoy this game. This game definitely lands a spot in my personal top 5 best RPGs of all time ((In no particular order) Baldur's Gate 2, Morrowind, Planescape Torment, Knights of the Old Republic, Witcher 2)
  96. May 17, 2011
    Nice graphics, nice fight system, awesome story... Code's optimalization is sux, but Im addicted to The Witcher (WICHA! xD) 2, by the way its a polish game, im the patriot and my score is 10! xD Hail to the king, baby :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) 10.0
  97. May 25, 2011
    This game could have been great. Bad controls, terrible combat and a rushed 3/4 game which is much too short. But it's great crime is to pretend to be deep. In reality, it is a shallow action game.
  98. May 19, 2011
    Witcher 2 is a game that isnâ
  99. May 18, 2011
    Looooooots o f bugs, game crashes to windows, DLC doesnt work. Wait till patch (a big one) before you buy this crappy game. Graphic's are good until game crashes, story is good, fight mechanic is totally arcade just clik fast and jump on left and right.
  100. May 21, 2011

~~ Conclusion:
    a well made game but not a perfect one.

1. Oct 21, 2011