8.5

1. May 18, 2011
    This game is one of the best games I've ever played. So far this year has not been released game RPG that can be better. Gives it 10/10 And this is GOTY 2011.
  2. May 18, 2011
    The non-linear storyline, fine sound effects, superb hard dynamical battles and awesome graphics: what else a good RPG game could require? 40 hours of game-play definitely makes the game even more intriguing.
  3. Jun 4, 2011
    Outstanding Game, definitely in my top 5 favorites of all time. Great graphics, gameplay, and story. This is what Dragon Age 2 should of been, Bioware better be taking notes for DA3. Can't wait for the sequel to this excellent game.
  4. May 18, 2011
    10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The best RPG game so far this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. May 18, 2011
    An amazing game. Not just on a technical level, but on an artistic level as well. You can tell people had a lot of passion for this game when thye made it.
  6. May 18, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is the best 4ever. I never saw more beautiful graphics. The story is excellent, non-linearity even knocks on my knees. This is a REAL rpg, and not what gives us the last BioWare ... I think that the fight for the title games of this year is quite probable. The Witcher is the game, what you MUST to buy! I get 9.9 9,9 Expand
  7. May 18, 2011
    I am speech less.Amazing graphics,gameplay,sound just everything is perfect except a few bugs this is one of the best games i have ever played in my entire life and i have played allot of games.Now we will see how skyrim turns out against this game and seeing how good skyrim looks this will be one hell of a battle between these two games.
  8. May 28, 2011
    This game made me excited again , to play a real rpg on PC , Graphic outstanding the best I have ever seen comparing this to Dragon age 2 or 1 graphic is unfair ..
    Sound are also great , I enjoy ambient sounds , sword sheathing , everything is done nicely
    Control : I don't know why so many complains about control , it response very well Story : One of the most amazing story in Game history , your choices mean something , bad may be good , and good may be bad .
    Game play : I find the game not that hard , if you go button smashing of course you will die ,
    you need to think , prepare yourself before the battles , make bombs , traps , and poisons .
    Improvement from the first game : the world is more realistic , Geralt can interact with many things , like climbing , sneaking , knocking enemies , light fire . these all knew things .
    Improvement for the Alchemy and mediation system . you don't need Alcohol for making potions .
  9. May 18, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I really think that CD Project made an grateful experience. The Witcher connect best parts of RPG. I'm hope Witcher became best game 2011... and now i back to play. :) Expand
  10. May 18, 2011
    The Witcher 2 is simply a great RPG, by far superior to its previous installment. It is a must-buy to any RPG PC gamer fan. Its story-telling, sound, and graphics are outstanding.
  11. May 18, 2011
    One of the Best Games for PC this year so far, even when you look at heavyweights like Dragon age 2, Portal 2 o Crysis 2 , this game still manages to stand out, not only with its Graphics but with a Story and a gameplay that are simply refreshing, after so much hand-holding that we are getting used to in modern games, with so much tutorials, it´s good to get thrown against aOne of the Best Games for PC this year so far, even when you look at heavyweights like Dragon age 2, Portal 2 o Crysis 2 , this game still manages to stand out, not only with its Graphics but with a Story and a gameplay that are simply refreshing, after so much hand-holding that we are getting used to in modern games, with so much tutorials, it´s good to get thrown against a giant Dragon in the first 5 minutes of the game without knowing how to swing your sword, it makes me remember , how the first hour of Demon´s Souls was, Not an easy game, If you are looking for something different, something beautiful, or something to just test your Rig, stop looking. Expand
  12. May 18, 2011
    One of the best games this year so far, its nice to look at and it gets better the more you play it, I didn't have a clue what I was doing first off but after a few hours the game play flows, there are a few bugs but they should get patched up at some point, a great game.
  13. May 21, 2011
    One of the best RPG games ever made. The amount of effort that CD Project RED put in the game is seen all over, from what is a Standart 50$ with all the additional content put in the box to what the CE is. The amount of work put on the details in game is also amazing. The story feels epic and the quests must be example for every new RPG that will come n the future. Yes the game is notOne of the best RPG games ever made. The amount of effort that CD Project RED put in the game is seen all over, from what is a Standart 50$ with all the additional content put in the box to what the CE is. The amount of work put on the details in game is also amazing. The story feels epic and the quests must be example for every new RPG that will come n the future. Yes the game is not without its problems, but you can overlook them if they don't break the experience for you. The game will be of cult status, like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and the RED's promise serious support for the game in the future. Expand
  14. May 18, 2011
    Haters gonna hate...that is all. But apparently since "Your review must be at least 150 characters long" i'll just write one more line to reach 150.....
  15. May 18, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Witcher 2 Assassin's of King's is amazing game ! Absolutely Game of 2011 Year !! ;D Is the best RPG I ever played :D CDP RED You're the Best !! Expand
  16. May 18, 2011
    Najlepsza gra RPG w historii. Historia żywcem wyjÄ
  17. May 18, 2011
    Very solid game with stunning graphics and just minor flaws. So far the best fantasy action-RPG game of the year.

And you know, you can use here whatever nickname you want? So stop hating on Bioware. All those "Bioware" accounts are obvious trolls.
  18. May 22, 2011
    In my opinion is Game of the Year. Fantastic world, dialogs, combat ... all is fantastic. Story is the best of all games ever! Sapkowski is master of fantasy. I must read him books, not only The Witcher.
  19. SDF
    May 18, 2011
    The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings is a fantastic, epic spanning RPG, worthy of any PC Gamerâ
  20. May 18, 2011
    This is one of the best RPG of all time! I played Witcher 1 few years ago and I'm shocked how different second game is. I have never seen a sequel that is better from previous game with every aspect. Now I am in act 2 (near end of an act). I think it's 50-60% of the game. It was the best 20 h with video game since I don't even remember :) Story is mature and with a lot of humour inThis is one of the best RPG of all time! I played Witcher 1 few years ago and I'm shocked how different second game is. I have never seen a sequel that is better from previous game with every aspect. Now I am in act 2 (near end of an act). I think it's 50-60% of the game. It was the best 20 h with video game since I don't even remember :) Story is mature and with a lot of humour in dialogues. NPC are the most interesting characters that video game can provide. Graphics looks astonishing. Even on my 2 years old computer I can play on High settings. If you like RPG - you must buy it! Last time I had such good time was when I played Mass Effect 2. Sorry Bioware but after Dragon Age 2 it's new king in town. Cd Projekt I am waiting for Witcher 3 ! :D Expand
  21. May 18, 2011
    LOL @ Bioware fanboys rating this down. Expect a lot more 0s in the next days. This game is everything DA2 should have been but failed. Suck it down. FTW 10.0
  22. May 18, 2011
    The Witcher 2, a beautiful game with so far stunning story and charm. I have been enthralled by this game and will keep on playing it for a very long time, but every sky has its clouds and the Witcher has a few to be honest. The combat reworking is straight up nightmare sometimes, I lost count on how many times I wanted to attack something straight ahead of me in a mob just to have GeraltThe Witcher 2, a beautiful game with so far stunning story and charm. I have been enthralled by this game and will keep on playing it for a very long time, but every sky has its clouds and the Witcher has a few to be honest. The combat reworking is straight up nightmare sometimes, I lost count on how many times I wanted to attack something straight ahead of me in a mob just to have Geralt jump right into the crowd and get killed, also blocking can many times be way of or now even respond to you pushing the button making hit and run the only alternative. And at last QTE, **** them all.... the game was alot better before they put them in and to be frank they can come at you at very illogical situations (but I won't spoil them here).

But in the end The Wicher 2 is an amazing game and should be played by anyone with an intrest in RPGs. Bioware has a new goal to reach when it comes to putting a storyline together that ain't just black or white but rather gray just as in life, everything you do affects the world and sometimes the small things can have a lot greater inpact then the things you feelt important.
  23. May 18, 2011
    The m_stannard guy has to be a troll, there is absolutely nothing about DAO2 that is better then TW2. I highly recommend playing TW2, it's highly detailed and very polished. The story is super engrossing and allows for a ton of possibilities. The environments are beautiful and the engine which was custom made for the game runs perfectly on a Q6600 + 6870. I don't recommend rushing throughThe m_stannard guy has to be a troll, there is absolutely nothing about DAO2 that is better then TW2. I highly recommend playing TW2, it's highly detailed and very polished. The story is super engrossing and allows for a ton of possibilities. The environments are beautiful and the engine which was custom made for the game runs perfectly on a Q6600 + 6870. I don't recommend rushing through the game, if you've played TW1 you will know that there a ton of side quests and side stories that have very compelling plots. Expand
  24. May 18, 2011
    It is really hard to point out all qualities of this game because there are that many of them. Magnificent plot and storyline, deep, ambiguous characters, the importance of the choices you make (the choices, let's add, not obvious and not black and white), great minor characters and the gray, bleak yet vivid world in which the real monsters are the human beings. If we add to it marvelousIt is really hard to point out all qualities of this game because there are that many of them. Magnificent plot and storyline, deep, ambiguous characters, the importance of the choices you make (the choices, let's add, not obvious and not black and white), great minor characters and the gray, bleak yet vivid world in which the real monsters are the human beings. If we add to it marvelous graphics, well-made soundtrack and a demanding gameplay (you really have to use all your equipment and magic skills when facing a tough opponent or a bunch of them) we get one of the most amazing cRPG games in the last decade. The Witcher 2 is the masterpiece and as such, should stand alongside other masterpieces like Baldur's Gate, Fallout 2, KOTOR and Planescape: Torment. I hope that the game will become a huge success not only as a piece of art, but also as a product, so that we'll see more astonishing works from this small studio. Expand
  25. May 18, 2011
    The Witcher 2 (TW2) the best and worst game of 2011 so far, simultaneously. The story is interesting and not cookie cutter. It is semi faithful to the books, though not completely consistent with some breakthroughs from TW1 imports. It's beautiful looking and the sound score is interesting. The characters seem to have depth and you can feel attached to some of them.

On the bad side the

On the bad side the controls are inconsistent and grating. As an action game it's horrible, and as an RPG it relies far too much on action elements. If you were to hold up games like Assassins Creed or Arkham Asylum as simple action games that have compelling and inclusive combat systems, TW2 is a jarring and horrible system where neither of your two attack buttons provide any positive or visceral feel; and you spend most of your time trying to not die. The assumption is that you will begin every fight hopped up on potions, setting traps, etc. but it ends up just being tedious. To produce potions you need to gather/buy/borrow/steal ingredients. To produce traps and such you need to find a craftsman to produce these items. Every combat in TW2 is like an MMO raid where you're farming ingredients just to produce the items you need to beat up a few petty thugs. And even then, it's likely you're going to beat the tar out of you, and only your massive health regeneration from potions is saving you.

The menu system is extremely non-intuitive and terrible if you try to use the gamepad controls in the game. Which is unfortunately, because you need to spend a lot of time in the menus micro-managing your inventory weight, your item productions, your recipes, and every other aspect of an extremely tedious consumables system.

The camera is terrible. It perches on your shoulder, with no way to zoom out, and is generally staring you in your face while people beat on you. There's a target lock system, but since parrying is directional and you can't dodge or parry many actions, it's difficult to stay locked on. The free-form locking switches intermittently for no foreseeable reason, causing you to suddenly lunge past the person you were fighting to try to stab someone out of range behind him.

It's a confusing thing to hear the AI actors talk about how scary "The Witcher" is, when in fact he happens to be one of the more pathetic combatants in the game. In certain parts you're left cowering behind your female companion waiting for her to save you from the incoming hordes. Gone is the Geralt of TW1 with his acrobatic attacks and theatrical swordplay. It's replaced by mostly blocking, rolling away, or running away. The combat in TW1 was odd, with other creatures and terrain getting in the way of clicking them to continue your combos, but it generally worked. If you had the time to actually watch Geralt (instead of waiting for the next "click to continue the combo" icon) he was an impressive killing machine. Not so in TW2. So, if you can overlook the worst fighting system I can actually remember playing in the past 10 years, and an overly tedious inventory and consumable system; the rest of the game is brilliant. I find playing it in short bursts helps split up the tediousness of it and let's the strengths shine through.
  26. May 18, 2011
    Are you kidding me? Did someone actually say, that developers of the Witcher 2 are from nineteenth century? This game is supposed to resemble a medieval setting with monsters and such. Try 7 centuries earlier. Mysoginistic? How about realistic? If you think today's world is a man's world, how do you think it looked like in the 1200s? Add monsters and magic into the mix, and basicly anyAre you kidding me? Did someone actually say, that developers of the Witcher 2 are from nineteenth century? This game is supposed to resemble a medieval setting with monsters and such. Try 7 centuries earlier. Mysoginistic? How about realistic? If you think today's world is a man's world, how do you think it looked like in the 1200s? Add monsters and magic into the mix, and basicly any women that have any say in what goes on in the world are witches, sorcereses, and noblewomen. And female monsters of any kind. :) That's it, and you, Bioware, dare bash the realism? And there are at least a few notable females in this game. In fact, if you'd read the book, there is a whole semi-secret organization of female-only mages, that is pulling the strings and deciding the fate of almost all northern kingdoms (more or less successfully, but I don't know if they are involved heavily in this game's plot though) And Bioware is bashing a truthful depiction of that time's society? Have they ever read a history book? Let alone watch the history channel? Yeah Bioware, it was totally believable to have a female captain of the guard, that is so tolerant and cool. You think combat is weak Bioware? The environment uninspiring? How do you call your rehashing dungeons, and "we'll do it for you" combat in DA2 then? You should be ashamed of what type of product you pushed to the shelves and applaud a better job done by CDProjekt RED. The world of the witcher is one I can believe in. And that's the type of fantasy, or sci-fi I, and many people, enjoy the most. Go and make another Origins, instead of feeling **** because someone produced a better cRPG than you did. I can't even believe Bioware would be so anal, as to attack a fellow game developer for creating a superior game. Concentrate on creating something better than DA2 yourselves, instead of trying to backstab a better product to artificially stay on top of the genre, by attacking it on review sites. Instead, make more games like the Witcher 2, adult storyline, non-linearity, deep combat, great visuals and music, deep alchemy, and character development systems...People, do not be deceived. If you've ever enjoyed a cRPG and if you enjoy a true, gray and bittersweet world instead of a lazy turd, that just bears a respected developers seal (yes, I'm talking about DA2 and Bioware again), than buy this game. It's brilliant, simply brilliant. It has it's flaws, like the AI at times (not always mind you, and we'll see about the patches, because unlike many developers, CDProjekt RED is actually supporting their games long after launch with tweaks and patches, and release their games DRM free) The negatives however pale in comparison to the positives. This game is an absolute delight. Just not for anyone below 18 years old. It's doesn't cater to everyone, but it's still an amazing achievement. Buy it. Expand
  27. May 18, 2011
    Best RPG this year. Fantastic graphic with epic story. This game is enormous, campaing will last for 40 hours. It's so much better than dragon age 2. Hope it sell well cause i want see Witcher 3.
  28. May 19, 2011
    I add this comment just to tell all those who complaints about the specs of the game that my two years old computer is totally able to run the game with ultra options. The only deactivated option is ubersampling, which is an option that requires a really high end cpu+gpu combination. In fact, this option can´t offer any differece on a mid-high pc, like mine (on graphics II add this comment just to tell all those who complaints about the specs of the game that my two years old computer is totally able to run the game with ultra options. The only deactivated option is ubersampling, which is an option that requires a really high end cpu+gpu combination. In fact, this option can´t offer any differece on a mid-high pc, like mine (on graphics I mean, fps reduction is very noticeable). So, please stop crying about this. The game is almost perfect for me, the only issue for me is in the combat system, which is a bit unprecise I think, despite of that, great game. (Sorry about my english) Expand
  29. May 19, 2011
    so far it`s the best crpg game of this year. it`s looks gloriously, and have a great story to tell. But it`s not perfect, in my opinion the combat system is worse then in the first game. But the combat is not the most important think in the game, if you like a mass effect dialgos, then you love them in witcher 2 because they simply better, there`s no simply morality.
  30. May 19, 2011
    It's one of the best cRPGs i have ever played and a Game of the Year for sure (for now at least)! Beautiful graphics, great writing and gameplay. Simply a must play game!
  31. May 19, 2011
    Beautiful game. Gorgeous scenery, atmosphere and rich colours. Engrossing storyline with morally challenging decisions. Liking the combat (It did take a little while to get used to). Gritty fleshed out characters. Loving all the extras in the normal premium edition, bonus dvd, map, coin etc and looking forward to the free dlc. The Witcher 2 is definitely one of the best games I've playedBeautiful game. Gorgeous scenery, atmosphere and rich colours. Engrossing storyline with morally challenging decisions. Liking the combat (It did take a little while to get used to). Gritty fleshed out characters. Loving all the extras in the normal premium edition, bonus dvd, map, coin etc and looking forward to the free dlc. The Witcher 2 is definitely one of the best games I've played this year so far! Expand
  32. May 19, 2011
    As we see, polish artist and developers are able to create work of art which is dazzling and interesting even experienced players. There is so many freshness, deep plot and not easy fight mode. But I think that every player should try to read books of Andrew Sapkowski or at least play in first part of The Witcher (because of understanding of plot). Thanks CD PROJEKT RED for this game.As we see, polish artist and developers are able to create work of art which is dazzling and interesting even experienced players. There is so many freshness, deep plot and not easy fight mode. But I think that every player should try to read books of Andrew Sapkowski or at least play in first part of The Witcher (because of understanding of plot). Thanks CD PROJEKT RED for this game. Congratulations. Expand
  33. May 19, 2011
    For me this games deserve a 9,5, it is the best rpg i have played since i dont know KOTOR? or mby even baldurs gate II.
    The good :
    -deep mature storyline -the game dont mind punish you for your choices -great cutscene (especialy loved this comics like) -stuning graphics -almost no load time when you have fast enough pc (i love this one) -chalenging combat it is better than in lots of
    The good :
    -deep mature storyline
    -the game dont mind punish you for your choices
    -great cutscene (especialy loved this comics like)
    -stuning graphics
    -almost no load time when you have fast enough pc (i love this one)
    -chalenging combat it is better than in lots of action game lol and it is chelanging on tactical field as well
    -great mature nad lively world (brothel on every corner;p, rasism etc) -humour (i would love if it was more)
    -every characters have own story and agendas, no black and white divide
    -variety of quests -epic battles
    -after ending you want more there are unfinished plots that you want discover by yourself but you must wait for third part jeez ;p

The bad
    -picking up loot
    -inventory menu not intuitive at the begining -short not "epic" ending but i saw only one from 16 endings ;p its probably hard to make 16 good endings
    -hmmmmmm map sometimes is weird in dungeon or in outskirts of vergen you can get lost even if you have quest icon
    -mutagens only because i found like 100 mutagens and can use like 5-6 i would be nice when you can attach mutagens to skill for 100% of bonus and consume for fixed % of bonus they can give. You will have to hunt for strong ones and the weak one you can still use
    -and very few small bugs not need to mention
    -main character could use some more of hissarcastic attitude in dialogues i really dont have nothing else;p

Probably i will play this game for many times because i like it so much.
  34. May 19, 2011
    Do not let the trolls fool you, TW2 is a great game, probably GOTY. Awesome graphics, if your PC can handle it, great story and fast paced combat that is actually difficult. So far the only thing I didn't like were the stealth sections, but that's only my opinion.
  35. May 19, 2011
    Probably one of the best RPGs we have ever seen.Great RPG elements (for example, I don't remember another recent great RPG where items had weight), meaningful choices and multiple paths, superb engine optimization, top graphics (even though is directx9 and that says something!), stunning soundtrack and very few bugs.
  36. May 19, 2011
    I play on low graphics. I'm below the minimum requirements for both processor and graphic card. Yet the game works, is fluid and beautiful. Engaging characters and story, well done prologue, varied and breathtaking environments. The environment themselves are not huge, but they usually are big and varied enough to enjoy some exploration. Gameplay wise, the combat is nervous and fast, butI play on low graphics. I'm below the minimum requirements for both processor and graphic card. Yet the game works, is fluid and beautiful. Engaging characters and story, well done prologue, varied and breathtaking environments. The environment themselves are not huge, but they usually are big and varied enough to enjoy some exploration. Gameplay wise, the combat is nervous and fast, but also highly tactical at higher difficulties. Takes a bit of time to get used to. Oh, and better read the f*ing manual during the installation. The tutorial is a bit lacking in that regard. It also got some "stealthy" phases. It's basic "don't get in line of sight", but it works, and it adds another flavor to the game. Bosses are inventive and difficult. No "pound-a-meatbag-o-tron" so far. Expand
  37. May 19, 2011
    This really blows Dragon Age 2 out of the water. Kudos to the Dev team. Free DLC! Amazing Graphics! Smooth (brand new) engine. Beware: The combat is a little hard, but when you get used to it, it's a blast. RPG of the year 2011!
  38. May 19, 2011
    Single greatest RPG I have played since the isometric days, every aspect of this game has depth and nothing feels tacked on. Put simply it raises the bar on what to expect from a AAA RPG, a masterpiece that will be a serious contender for GOTY in the same year that saw Portal 2, L.A. Noire and Elder Scrolls V and that says a lot! Pros:
    -Depth of story telling and character that we haven't
    -Depth of story telling and character that we haven't seen since the isometric RPG days, Fallout 1 & 2 and the like. -Stunning graphics and voice acting.
    -Fluent and incredibly versatile combat, you can rely on traps and spells or swordsmanship or any combination in between. - No fluff quests, even the side quests have meaning and story. - Gritty, mature and well placed humor. Cons:
    Inventory management could use some revision, but it's a minor problem at most.
  39. May 19, 2011
    CD Projekt made a very good job, Witcher 2 is a fantastic game, definitely RPG of 2011, graphics is awesome - one of the best in RPGs I've ever seen, too bad some Bioware fanboys scoring zeros
  40. May 19, 2011
    This is the perfect sequel of the one best RPG game on 2007! If you are the Rpg lover game you don't forget this new story of Geralt of Rivia! The best character in the videogame industry!
  41. May 19, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is fantastic. Amazing graphics and music, fast paced and demanding gameplay, and story which is truly better than any other new RPG game including Mass Effect 2! The game has 16 endings, ton of moral choices which means there's a lot of replayability value in the game. Simply perfect. A 10 out of 10. Expand
  42. May 19, 2011
    A truly amazing, involving game, with great story and deep characters. This is also the most beautiful RPG of all time, as you can see from the screenshots or gameplays. I've already spent over 25hours in the game, and I'm more or less in the middle, which means it'll take 40-45hours for me to complete, which is fantastic. The game has 16 endings which is damn impressive. You can alsoA truly amazing, involving game, with great story and deep characters. This is also the most beautiful RPG of all time, as you can see from the screenshots or gameplays. I've already spent over 25hours in the game, and I'm more or less in the middle, which means it'll take 40-45hours for me to complete, which is fantastic. The game has 16 endings which is damn impressive. You can also import save games from Witcher 1, which influence your story with the choices you made in the first game. Great job CDP RED! Expand
  43. May 19, 2011
    Most people do not even tried playing as much as one hour, they probably faced the first fight scene and pressed alt+f4 and started saying "it's arcarde", "boring", "easy" or "sooo difficulty". Maybe most of the people that gives 0 here, not only are bioware fa...fanboys but are not used to see a PC Exclusive so damn good. The combat system can be as difficulty as hell sometimes, butMost people do not even tried playing as much as one hour, they probably faced the first fight scene and pressed alt+f4 and started saying "it's arcarde", "boring", "easy" or "sooo difficulty". Maybe most of the people that gives 0 here, not only are bioware fa...fanboys but are not used to see a PC Exclusive so damn good. The combat system can be as difficulty as hell sometimes, but that's what's make it worth playing, cause for the first time in a long time you need to actually think what you're gonna do and literally forces you to use everything you have just as traps, bombs, swords and signs in different ways and with different enemies and that's what makes this game so dynamical. But The Witcher 2 isn't just about the combat system, you might love the other features, you gotta love the history, the characters, the amazing sound and the most incredibly graphics I've ever seen in my life.

But in the end this game have flaws as any other game, you're going to see crashes, glitches, minor bugs, some in the IA or just something things not that well "finished" but everything or almost everything can be fix with patches within time. And those things can be stressfull at times, but they can't make this game look bad at all.

A game nowadays lives longer if you launch DLCs and people got so used to the way Bioware or Activision do things that they forget the amazing thing CDP Red is doing for us, giving DLCs free of a charge and keeping the game fresh from time to time and that's something people forgot a lot in reviews but are as important as graphics or gameplay.

I'm not giving 10 just because it's a "almost perfect" game, I'm giving it 10 cause CDP Red deserves it for been such a respectful company with us, gamers, and for showing bigger companys that games more complexes can sell, that we don't need games to be dumbed down and we don't want them.

Congrats CPD Red, you deserve it, truly.
  44. May 19, 2011
    The Witcher 2 is a game for which i was waiting almost since i launched The Witcher 1. In comparison with the first one there is HUGE difference in almost everything. I've never seen such wonderfull graphics running on older computers. As for the story i donlt want to write any spoiler, Only thing i am obligated to write is that depth of the story is unbeliveable. Every choice you makeThe Witcher 2 is a game for which i was waiting almost since i launched The Witcher 1. In comparison with the first one there is HUGE difference in almost everything. I've never seen such wonderfull graphics running on older computers. As for the story i donlt want to write any spoiler, Only thing i am obligated to write is that depth of the story is unbeliveable. Every choice you make have consequenses. Whats funny there are no easy ones. Most of the moral choices are very hard to make, cause sometimes there is just no right way, you need to judge situation and choose less evil one, and that decision will affect the story line many many hours of playing later. There are often retrospections to remind us of our previous decisions and show us consequenses of them. Story line also changes if you travel with different companions, because with everyone of them happens something completly diffrent. For me its best RPG with amazing storyline, graphics and combat system. Expand
  45. May 19, 2011
    Great writing, fast yet complex/challenging combat, great graphics, good voice acting, amazing attention to detail.
    I usually love BioWare games, but DA2 is not even near Witcher 2. Everything is awesome here, music, cinematics, dialogs/story, graphics/environments/details, combat, characters.
  46. May 19, 2011
    I'm a huge fan of Dragon Age Origins, and felt VERY let down by Dragon Age 2. I honestly had to force myself to finish it. From that point on I had my hopes for a great RPG set on The Witcher 2. Now my opinion comes from having only played until near the end of Chapter 1, but the game is head and shoulders above Dragon Age 2 already. There are technical issues for sure, I've had toI'm a huge fan of Dragon Age Origins, and felt VERY let down by Dragon Age 2. I honestly had to force myself to finish it. From that point on I had my hopes for a great RPG set on The Witcher 2. Now my opinion comes from having only played until near the end of Chapter 1, but the game is head and shoulders above Dragon Age 2 already. There are technical issues for sure, I've had to re-verify the game cache through steam 3 times already for a launcher bug. The combat controls feel a bit wonky. I adapted to the original witcher combat controls fairly fast, but am having a slightly harder time with TW2. However I still feel like I'm learning tricks on how to fight better and to keep from getting killed all the time on normal. I'm a major RPG story guy, so i'm sad to hear that the story wraps up so poorly and that will probably lower my opinion of the game once there, but even with that considered, THE WITCHER 2 BLOWS DRAGON AGE 2 OUT OF THE WATER in my opinion. Expand
  47. May 19, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Okay so take Dragon Age 2, then throw it out, burn it, and imagine from scratch a game that is not only good, but amazing, which is basically the complete polar opposite of Dragon Age 2. Then make that game real, and make it even BETTER, then lace it with gold and coat it in chocolate, and make it taste better than french vanilla ice cream with Reese's hard shell topping on it, but with like no calories and it actually makes you SLIMMER and gives you ABS. Now forget about all of that because no language has any words to describe how good The Witcher 2 is. To be fair and honest though, the game has a flaw. "Junk" type items can't be filtered out from the rest of your inventory and sold off easily Expand
  48. May 19, 2011
    This game is all about what I expected from today's role-playing game. I think it has everything you can expect from such a game, as a MATURE player. Without a doubt, The Witcher 2 will be one of the best games in 2011. Congratulations to the Poles, who once again created something so addictive.
  49. May 19, 2011
    Definitely GOTY so far. I had some issues getting it to run decently at first (I have an 8800GTX, Core 2 Quad 2.6, 4GB RAM, 3D Vision). All the settings on the newest beta drivers ran terribly until I uninstalled the 3D vision drivers. Then, I was able to run on High/Medium settings flawlessly. I really liked the previous Witcher game (even before the EE), so I had high hopes for thisDefinitely GOTY so far. I had some issues getting it to run decently at first (I have an 8800GTX, Core 2 Quad 2.6, 4GB RAM, 3D Vision). All the settings on the newest beta drivers ran terribly until I uninstalled the 3D vision drivers. Then, I was able to run on High/Medium settings flawlessly. I really liked the previous Witcher game (even before the EE), so I had high hopes for this one. The combat came off as a little rough in the first 3 battles, but after that you learn what works and what doesn't. You have to roll a lot and play a bit of "cat and mouse" in order to single out enemies. The RPG aspects are second to none. TONS of character development, choice, and plot to keep you interested. Those who are complaining because you "can't make a character" are missing the point. Geralt is a potion swilling, sign waving Swordsman. It's part of the character. You're able to develop those traits as you see fit, but this isn't a Paladin or a Mage. He's who he is, and I actually liked developing HIM more so than the standard "silent protagonist" that most games include. Anyway, it's definitely worth the money, and with a little bit of forum research (before the upcoming patch) it will run fine, even on older rigs. Expand
  50. May 19, 2011
    Behold! Game of the year! Also this title has become the new stress-tester for fast gaming PC's. I love the details, textures, people in the Witchers world, and the story. No spoilers. You gotta love it!
  51. May 19, 2011
    This might well be among the best role playing games i have ever played. The Atmosphere is great, the characters are authentic and the storyline is, while not extremely original, interesting to follow. Spice that up with a few well thought side quests and you got yourself a great game.

There are, however, some problems. First of all, the game is going to come out for consoles too and therefore the whole interface has been developed for that. Its bulky and in some cases downright illogical (why is there no 'junk' filter in the inventory?! or a sell all 'junk' button?!). Then there are some action sequences we already know from console games (press the button shown on the screen or die).

Well. The fights are pretty hard and sometimes you will be confronted with enemies that are almost impossible to beat at that time. Which is ok - but can present a nasty surprise. While Witcher I allowed you to play almost with no potions at all, you will need all your skill with traps and pots and bombs to even make it out of the introduction...

So, all in all, a very good game... which i can recommend.
  52. May 19, 2011
    I can only say - wow... This game is the best game in this year. At now I am in end of act 1 and I am curious next storyline. I dont believed, so people can give this game 0. Ok - mayby 9,8,7 but not 0... I hope this is a begining of new era of rpg games. Mayby other studios (yes yes - its You BIOWARE) will do titles as good as The Witcher 2.
  53. May 19, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What is difference between "RPG" and RPG. If you want best description you must try Witcher 2 and "all" others game in this tape of game. For many people, not only me its definitly GAME OF THE YEAR 2011. Breathtaking graphic and music, great non-linear plot with many consequences about your choices. I fall in love in witcher 2. For me its BEST game EVER. I know that there are a few bugs etc, but its imposible to fix everyting in so huge game. Want more, want more Gearlt, Zoltan, Triss. If someone grading this game below 9, he or she is absurd and shouldn't use the computer. For all maniac RPG - its best choice in this year. If you still dont have the game, go fast to shop to get it! Expand
  54. May 19, 2011
    This game is freakin' masterpiece. Great combat, AWESOME storyline, amazing graphics and unforgettable soundtrack! DA2 shouldn't even stay on the same shelf!
  55. May 19, 2011
    I never wrote a review before, but this is very Special game to me. It one of this games that are gonna be in the top 5, iv been playing for 15 years. Im running the game on i7 core and 5990 gtx and im just going to run through the gd points.

The graphics, top quilty, lighting effects amazing, detail very gd, i would even say even better then crysis 2. Also the game world seems so alive with detail everythink is different and intresting, you just walk around thinking fking hell they have put so much effect into this game What I really like about this game its not ported down to play on crappy (can't swear)xbox 360 or playstation. Its runs on top settings around 60 -70 frams avarge. i think the journel setup is great, each quest is told like a story, great and uniquie, main quest is mark on map, side quest are not , pefect balance. im playing it on hard taking my time over it, thankyou devlopers for witcher 2!

p.s Pc gamer review, not gd, 89 % don't know what plant ther living on. lol "its was too easy when i play on easy and nomal settings", turn to hard maybe, noob lol
  56. May 19, 2011
    I've been waiting for this game for almost five years now. Aside from the botched Rise of the White Wolf console edition, the original Witcher game and two more editions there after changed the way I see and play role-playing games.

Fast forward to 2011 which is a great year for CDPR, The Witcher 2 has done the impossible. A stunning beautifully rendered game that's an achievement of its own. A game that genuinely captivates the imagination and sucks you in with its clever mature story telling.

Although it was a smooth launch, there are unavoidable software glitches that came with it like poor performance on high-end nvidia and ati cards, scores of quest bugs, and occasional crashes. CDPR assured the community that they are looking into these problems and would address them in the coming days or weeks. Don't let the light software problem prevent you from playing this magnificent game though.
  57. May 19, 2011
    This is simply one of the best RPGs I have ever played! I How some people can rate this game 0/10 is beyond me. They are either extremely immature or have some serious real-life problems. I felt the urge to register and give this game the maximum score just to counter this idiotic behaviour.
  58. May 19, 2011
    One of the best RPGs I have ever played. Yes you may need a higher end PC to run this game, but they did a fantastic job making this game look as good as it does using DX9. TW2 improves on almost every aspect of TW1. There are so many (different) choices to make through out the game that you can't help but want to playthrough it more than once. Kudos to CD Projekt Red for making us such aOne of the best RPGs I have ever played. Yes you may need a higher end PC to run this game, but they did a fantastic job making this game look as good as it does using DX9. TW2 improves on almost every aspect of TW1. There are so many (different) choices to make through out the game that you can't help but want to playthrough it more than once. Kudos to CD Projekt Red for making us such a great game, I can only hope all their future titles have the the same time and care put into them as TW2 had. Expand
  59. May 20, 2011
    the best rbg in my life . all site give this game review less then 95 . there are wrong
  60. Jun 17, 2011
    This is one of the best games I've played this year. Excellent Graphics, Excellent Story, Excellent Gameplay, and plenty of things to do. Easily a contender for game of the year 2011. The hours fly by while playing this game.
  61. May 20, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm thinking that the Witcher 2 is one of the best rpg ever. This game have everythink what do you want in action-rpg game. Graphic is brilliant I never see better graphic in rpg game Expand
  62. May 20, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Witcher is best game i've ever played. I enjoyed 3years playing Oblivion, and then came Witcher1. I like Dragon age 1, but thing that BIOWARE did to DA2 is not to forgive. Only thing that is bad in W2 is ending.
    I recommend it to all !
  63. May 22, 2011
    Never seen such a story. Must - have, must - play. This is how you do it. Deep character system? Check Epic story? Check Engaging combat? Check No DRM? Check Same price across regions? Check Free DLC forever? Check CD Projekt is the anti-EA/Bioware. Game looks absolutely fantastic. Dialogue is immersive and well written. m_stannard is a gelatinous, buttperturbed jackass who is super madNever seen such a story. Must - have, must - play. This is how you do it. Deep character system? Check Epic story? Check Engaging combat? Check No DRM? Check Same price across regions? Check Free DLC forever? Check CD Projekt is the anti-EA/Bioware. Game looks absolutely fantastic. Dialogue is immersive and well written. m_stannard is a gelatinous, buttperturbed jackass who is super mad DA2 sucked dick. Expand
  64. May 20, 2011
    This game is pretty much the definition, or at least the new definition, of epic storytelling in an RPG. The world that Andrzej Sapkowski created in his novels and is now brought to life in the Witcher games is a dirty, grimy, brutally honest and realistic, low fantasy realm. While elves, dwarves, and monsters, that are pure fiction, exist in this realm, the world feels like a real placeThis game is pretty much the definition, or at least the new definition, of epic storytelling in an RPG. The world that Andrzej Sapkowski created in his novels and is now brought to life in the Witcher games is a dirty, grimy, brutally honest and realistic, low fantasy realm. While elves, dwarves, and monsters, that are pure fiction, exist in this realm, the world feels like a real place that happened on Earth at some time and was ripped out of history. The place is full of intrigue, corruption, debauchery, and political strife. What's more your actions throughout the game, and the previous game, help shape the world and the people around you.

Technically The Witcher 2 is an absolutely stunning game created on a brand new engine made specifically for it. Provided you have a rig powerful enough to handle it, you will be treated to some of the most amazingly beautiful visuals, RPG or otherwise, any game has to offer. What's more the world is dynamic and actions you make have an impact on the world you see.

The voice acting in this game is much improved from the first Witcher game. The feeling of professional quality is felt throughout from the dialogue to the ambient sounds. It's obvious the creators of this masterpiece took painstaking care in creating every detail.

There are 4 difficulty levels you can play at; easy, normal, hard, and insane. The difficulty levels pretty much live up to their labels though you may want to relabel "Normal" as "Hard" and "Hard" as "Brutal". Personally it's a welcome challenge as being a veteran gamer I feel that many recent and fairly recent games are just way too easy. For those that don't want a challenging game and are in it for the story the "Easy" setting offers combat that is relatively simple. The disparity between "Easy" and "Normal" is quite huge and allows people not into combat but more into narrative to enjoy the game more as a book or visual novel.

In closing The Witcher 2 is an amazing achievement. A relatively small studio out of Poland has managed to achieve a masterpiece of gaming that puts the vast majority of AAA titles with much higher budgets to shame. This is a timeless piece of storytelling and adventuring that is sure to enthrall RPG fans for years to come. Even gamers not usually inclined to RPGs should check this game out as it's simply so good that it deserves to be played regardless of genre preferences. Not only one of the best RPGs ever made, this is one of the best games ever made, period.
  65. May 20, 2011
    This is the best RPG for last 10 years for me. I have never experienced so good written characters and quests. This game is not about graphic (though it's best looking RPG ever, really it is), it's about your choices and shaping the world and lives of others. For me it is not only the best game of the year, it's something more. This game has a soul.
  66. May 20, 2011
    Terrible and booring game.. i want my money back :( Optimize in this game is not good, typical port from console. Animations and controls is really bad.
  67. May 20, 2011
    This is the best game i've ever play.
    I think this is the best game in this decade. (no, sorry the witcher 2 will be better^^)
    The Witcher 2 has very good plot and combat system.
    I recommend that game for every player who like RPG games
  68. May 20, 2011
    I haven't played all the way through obviously, but so far everything is great. Graphics are amazing, combat is fun and challenging. Easily ten times better than either Dragon Age one ore Dragon Age two.
  69. May 20, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This definitely is Game of the Year 2011. The single best RPG I have played since Planescape: Torment. The characters are deep and complex, the storyline develops depending on your actions and choices. It takes what was good from every single RPG released in the last 15 years and makes it into something better. The graphics are simply the best ever seen in an RPG. Expand
  70. May 20, 2011
    Bad performance bad dialogues tried it for 5 minutes and uninstalled it.
    Had finished the first witcher which was just an okay game.To be honest i didnt expect to be thrilled or excited with this sequel..My curiosity ended I am only suprised to see many to like this game and same people mentioning DA2 as there is a competition or it matters..Maybe the soft porn in witcher series is exciting
  71. May 20, 2011
    un rpg a la vieja escuela q no defraudara a nadie asi no te guste el genero, serio candidato a juego del año el cual dudo q pueda ser superado por sus competidores en juegos de rol, creo que solo Dark Soul podra estar a la altura de este..
  72. May 20, 2011
    OK, maybe this is a little off topic.

But why in hell didn't IGN and Gamespot review it the very first day it was released? Whilst lame but corporate-supported Dragon Age 2 gets a top-notch review the very first moment it hits shelves? Do you thin you damn idiots that this masterpiece of a game will get its sales hampered just because of your bribed asses? Not to mention the idiotic
    OK, maybe this is a little off topic.

Not to mention the idiotic 1/10 user reviews...

Anyway - the game is the best thing that ever happened to us since Arcanum. Nuff said.
  73. May 21, 2011
    In one word: GOTY. This is an awesome piece of art: gameplay, graphics and story are all on extremely high levels... simply wonderful. I think it is one of the best RPG of all time.
    Everyone who like RPGs should (i'd rather say "must") buy and play this game.

@ bioware trolls/fanboys: you are ridiculous: stop whining and trolling, DA2 is an epic fail, while TW2 will probably be a GOTY.
  74. May 21, 2011
    Best RPG game ever, definitely candidate to GOTY 2011!! I can't say any bad word about it its truly masterpiece. This game have a soul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  75. May 20, 2011
    I've played many RPGs in my life, and The Witcher 2 is one of the best! This game has attitude, and is challenging, with both a strong story and awesome graphics. Its also very immersive, because of the attention to detail and love of the game clearly shown by the developer. If you buy any game in 2011, this would be the one. I sincerely hope other game developers learn from this . . .I've played many RPGs in my life, and The Witcher 2 is one of the best! This game has attitude, and is challenging, with both a strong story and awesome graphics. Its also very immersive, because of the attention to detail and love of the game clearly shown by the developer. If you buy any game in 2011, this would be the one. I sincerely hope other game developers learn from this . . .

- Tim
  76. May 20, 2011
    Mature, intense, non-linear story, what else do you need? Well, the combat mechanics are a vast improvement over the first Witcher. However, mind you, the combat is extremely difficult, although realistic. A few swings from a swordsman can kill you, easily. I'm not going to dwell too much into the game, you have play it, but, so far, this is Game Of The Year. Skyrim might steal that crown,Mature, intense, non-linear story, what else do you need? Well, the combat mechanics are a vast improvement over the first Witcher. However, mind you, the combat is extremely difficult, although realistic. A few swings from a swordsman can kill you, easily. I'm not going to dwell too much into the game, you have play it, but, so far, this is Game Of The Year. Skyrim might steal that crown, but then again, Skyrim is a completely different game; sure both are RPG, but the mature, gritty nature of the Witcher is not comparable to the more fantasy-like characteristics of the Elder Scrolls.

Again, non-linear, mature story; difficult, but excellent combat system; 4 beginnings, 16 different endings, over 40 hours of gameplay, plus the developer has officially announced that the upcoming DLCs will be absolutely free of charge, there's really no excuse to not pick this one up if your an RPG fan. This game is one of the greatest of 2011, BioWare and Bethesda should take some notes.
  77. May 20, 2011
    Even better than the 1st one...epic game, for me this is the best game of the year(2011)..greatest RPG ever.! Amazing graphics for this kind of game, stunning experience and nice story...enjoyable smooth gaming...!!!
  78. May 20, 2011
    2 words.Perfect game...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
  79. May 20, 2011
    Finally I've played the game which make me really happy because of knowing that I live in Geralt's world full of intrigues and betrayds. Story? Amazing. Graphic? Spectacular. Combat system? Hard and really epic. Fun? For 200% ;)
    That's how the RPGs should look like and I hope it will be Game of the Year 2011.
    PS. Dragon Age, Mass Effect? Not any more.
  80. May 20, 2011
    Awesome game, a little on the tough side (which is fine with me) but I take off one point for the horrid quick time events, it might be just me, but I can't stand them. Otherwise awesome game :)
  81. May 20, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This definitely my candidate for Game of the Year 2011.. The best accion rpg... no drm and Free DLC.

Bioware fanboys rating this down xD .. My candidate for Game of the Year 2011. 10.0 asdasdsaddsada
  82. May 20, 2011
    An absolutely breathtaking game, that constantly keeps you interested and immersed within the game world to such a degree that even while your not playing it, your thinking about it! I haven't encountered a game that is as addictive and graphically stunning as this and hopefully it will be a new benchmark for future games to meet. Aside from the graphics, the content within the gameAn absolutely breathtaking game, that constantly keeps you interested and immersed within the game world to such a degree that even while your not playing it, your thinking about it! I haven't encountered a game that is as addictive and graphically stunning as this and hopefully it will be a new benchmark for future games to meet. Aside from the graphics, the content within the game itself is top-notch, not just the main quest but also the side-quests as everything builds up into one large adventure. The voice acting and dialogue is up there with the best, but one thing pushes this game infront of the others. That is the amount of choices you, as a player are overwhelmed with throughout the game. You may be like me and spend as much time in your inventory screen as you do when deciding which option to pick in an important conversation. The combat has a fairly steep learning curve which in my opinion is a positive aspect of the game, considering that it actually feels like a challenge and not one of those games you can just hack and slash your way through without much care and it also adds to the replayability (not just the 16 different endings). Once you gain the hang of it you'll be smiling as you send the limbs of your opponents flying off into a pool of blood with some awsome swordplay. For me this game has rekindled my love for the RPG genre and PC games in general. A definate favourite for the year and look foward to the free DLC.
    One bit of advice..... pick it up if you haven't, definatley a game thats worth the dolla!
  83. May 21, 2011
    This review score is coming from a console-only player, this game is amazing. I can play it on my with my Xbox 360 controller, and it even changes over the tutorial to include all the appropriate Xbox face buttons, shoulder buttons, etc.! the graphics and the sound design are definitely top notch, and so is the story. my only gripe is the combat is slightly unresponsive at times, and evenThis review score is coming from a console-only player, this game is amazing. I can play it on my with my Xbox 360 controller, and it even changes over the tutorial to include all the appropriate Xbox face buttons, shoulder buttons, etc.! the graphics and the sound design are definitely top notch, and so is the story. my only gripe is the combat is slightly unresponsive at times, and even on normal difficutly I die quite often. Overall this game is amazing and you should play it blah blah, i hope they bring it to the Xbox soon. Expand
  84. May 21, 2011
    One of the best cRPG game I've played since I had a PC in 1995. Story is so deep maybe only Planescape: Torment can match it. Maybe. Graphic is something you just have to see: so far more complex places I've only seen in the real mountains in the real world. What the engine shows us is simply breathtaking. This is an absolute MUST-HAVE for anyone who likes RPG genre.
  85. May 21, 2011
    Really nice game. I've never seen something better. It's just perfect! I think that it'd to be a game of this year. If you have not bought it you should repent
  86. May 21, 2011
    One of the best RPG I have ever played. Fantastic graphics, engaging combat (albeit a bit too difficult, but that's good for me) and a wonderful story.
  87. May 21, 2011
    The Masterpiece. One of few games that make me forget that its just a game. I stop thinking about game mechanics - scripts, triggers, what will the game do if I do something. Detailed game world took me in completely. Thats how games are done and I hope other developers already see the long road before them :)
    Also I like very much that game doesn't treat me like a retarded kid. It's nice
    Also I like very much that game doesn't treat me like a retarded kid. It's nice to see that developer's goal was the quality, not earnings.
    Im glad I could pay them for this game!

PS. If Witcher 2 is so excellent, I simply cant imagine Witcher 3 :)
  88. May 21, 2011
    If you love gorgeous engrossive environments, characters with rich backgrounds and well fleshed out dialog, quests with multiple paths to take allowing for you to carve your own version of a hero and a dynamic combat system that requires precison planning and preparation before you head into the fray, The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings is for you.

Built from the ground up with an enirelyly

Built from the ground up with an enirelyly new (and incredibly advanced) engine, The team at CD Projekt have come into their own with this masterpiece - that makes such works as Bioware's Dragon Age pale in comparison.

At launch, it does have a few teething problems, and this was to be anticipated - but with an easy patching system built into the launcher and a promise that all future DLC will be absolutely FREE for players, CD Projekt have excelled even Bioware with this iteration.

This is definately one to buy!
  89. May 21, 2011
    This is the real role playing game. You play the role of Geralt, monster slayer and it is so well done that you really feel as a witcher. This feeling of immersion is the greatest accomplishment of the game and you can see everywhere the work, which was done to give you that immersion. The characters, dialogs, living people, beautiful environments - all of that in other RPG games up toThis is the real role playing game. You play the role of Geralt, monster slayer and it is so well done that you really feel as a witcher. This feeling of immersion is the greatest accomplishment of the game and you can see everywhere the work, which was done to give you that immersion. The characters, dialogs, living people, beautiful environments - all of that in other RPG games up to date seems shallow compared to the Witcher.

The combat system is challenging though, and at the beginning the fights a little too difficult, and at the end a little too easy. But firstly - you play as a witcher, so you should have a skill for slaying monsters - and during the game you feel more and more being Geralt so in second half of the game you should be a killing machine - and you are. Secondly, if you don't like learning combat by Save&Load I recommend for the Prologue switching difficulty level to Easy, and in the 1st Act switching it to Normal.

All in all, the game is great. It gives you a great adventure, great story and a great, believable world to discover. And it doesn't feel as you were watching movie because you have to make difficult choices constantly and your actions really are meaningful. So if you want the best RPG game, you have it here - some minor glitches don't spoil the experience at all.
  90. May 22, 2011
    This game will be GOTY for sure. Best RPG I have ever played. Story is amazing and nonlinear, realistic choices, graphics looks awesome. I cant understood guys, who gives that games "0". And free DLC!
  91. May 21, 2011
    WOW, the butthurt Bioware fans..

I haven't even played this game to it's full extent, but I like it, but seriously guys? Don't just vote 10 on DA2 then 0 on Witcher 2, NO ONE likes fan boys.
  92. May 21, 2011
    One of the best RPG's I have ever played. The games combat does take some getting used to, in the early hours of the game you are faced with fairly large groups of enemies and the tutorial tips are not very helpful.

However once you get into the swing of things, it really starts to make sense. Personally i like the more difficult combat its refreshing. In a lot of games recently you can just run into a bunch of enemies and wave your sword around like crazy with little consequence.
    This is not the case with The Witcher 2, to defeat packs of enemies you usually need to use everything in your arsenal, traps, signs, dodging, potions, oils etc...

This game is very re-playable as there are many choices throughout the game and often the consequences are not realised until later in the story. Most of the choices you make are not very "black and white" It is very engaging.

The story is pretty mature, I wouldn't recommend this game for a younger audience. Not only because of the sexual scenes in the game but also because the story is quite political.

The graphics are simply amazing, CDProject Red has done an amazing job crafting the locations. There are slight issues with graphical problems at the moment, for example the shadows on my game have some weird dithering effect but i expect it will be sorted out in patches.
    Obviously these high graphics mean you will probably only be buying this game if you have a good graphics card, the game still pretty good on low settings however.

All in all, an amazing game with a combat system that requires some thought about the fight beforehand and crazy through the roof production values.
    A must buy for any hardcore PC gamer in my opinion.
  93. May 21, 2011
    Complex storyline, engaging detailed world, what more could you ask for in an rpg? Some minor problems with item and target selection but nothing too distracting.
  94. May 28, 2011
    The Witcher 2 is an ambitious game that regretfully doesn't deliver a compelling experience on all fronts. It's a fantastic looking game and the story is excellent, the character development, dialogue and player choices are also great. I'd love to give this an eight or nine but it's simply not justified. Standing between you and what should be an immersive and brilliant game-world is aThe Witcher 2 is an ambitious game that regretfully doesn't deliver a compelling experience on all fronts. It's a fantastic looking game and the story is excellent, the character development, dialogue and player choices are also great. I'd love to give this an eight or nine but it's simply not justified. Standing between you and what should be an immersive and brilliant game-world is a sub-optimal UI/menu system, poor interation model and frustrating combat mechanism. I'm having trouble forgiving the design flaws and it's a real shame, the Witcher 1 was a great game despite it's flaws - the Witcher 2 is only a passable one because of them. I was close to giving it an eight, after all it's an amazing achievement for a small studio such as CDPR, but it's not the scope that is lacking a or vision that hasn't quite been realised - it's the fundemental elements of a computer game that aren't particularly workable and these should have been nailed. Expand
  95. May 21, 2011
    The Witcher 2 utilises a combination of factors to deliver a compelling game, with a solid central story fleshed out via the numerous side-quests. Whilst flawed in places, the undercurrent of excellent game-play decisions make for both a unique and compelling experience. To go into detail about this game's downsides - this game requires a somewhat beefy PC to run at a solid 30 frames perThe Witcher 2 utilises a combination of factors to deliver a compelling game, with a solid central story fleshed out via the numerous side-quests. Whilst flawed in places, the undercurrent of excellent game-play decisions make for both a unique and compelling experience. To go into detail about this game's downsides - this game requires a somewhat beefy PC to run at a solid 30 frames per second. The narrative of the game can jar a little at times. The original series of books by Andrzej Sapkowski is a combination of complex politics and quite a few jokes inside a largely serious world that combines a medieval setting with references to far more modern science, and this has been transplanted into the game and can catch you unaware. The game does not walk you through the tutorial, and does expect you to read a large amount of text to grasp the game's concepts. The Witcher 2 centres around Geralt of Rivia - a "Witcher" - a genetically enhanced warrior with access to useful magic and potion-crafting. Geralt is refreshing as an RPG hero who is well defined by both narrative and game-play. One of the game's under-sung strengths is that the developers did not use the Bioware trick of repetitive good/evil options, yet the options in conversation do frequently give you the chance to change the conversation, or to attempt various risky strategies inside those conversations (one of these, comparable to Jedi Mind Tricks, is exceptionally fun to pull off). To give an early example - on confronted with his jailer, who makes a joke at his expense, the player is offered the chance to take the joke in good or bad humour. In my play-through, I selected "Very funny" - the bad humoured response - and Geralt instead replied **** you". Whilst coarse, this really sets up the character who you have only just been introduced to as someone who gets blunt when he's angry. There's numerous more events like this in the game, and this underlines the storytelling skill of this game's writers. Combat is certainly the Witcher's weakest area of core gameplay, but it nonetheless is a solid experience. The combat is sometimes reminiscent of Assassin's Creed 2, but with more technical skill required. Geralt has access to his magic in combat, but by no means is the magic overbearing, rather really acting as tricks to even the odds in large fights. Like Assassin's Creed 2, their is an underlying current of block-and-punish. Unlike Assassin's Creed 2, the blocking is limited and certainly not instant. A badly timed sword swing cannot be rectified easily, and Geralt can be punished in turn. This matters because Geralt is not endlessly popping potions to stay upright - potions can only be drunk in a meditative state prior to combat, and they're more about buff/debuff than your typical tropes of red healing potions and blue mana potions. This helps reinforce the realism of the fight, and prevents Geralt from looking like an unstoppable death machine, or your typical RPG hero that thinks nothing of drinking an entire keg of health potions whilst fighting. Enemies are still relevant and still need to be fought legitimately. This makes the game hard, and prior to the player getting to grips with the combat it's in fact very hard, yet far more involving and rewarding than a great many other RPG combat systems. Like much of the rest of the game, this involving and narrative-reinforcing style is the very best thing about it. To summarise - this game is the most significant PC game this year, and possibly one of the most important RPGs across all platforms. If you have the PC to run it, go pick it up. 9/10. Expand
  96. May 21, 2011
    Best RPG I've played in a LONG time. The story is great, and this is real Dark Fantasy. The graphics are flawless, but what the game really excels at is the living world it places you in. Every part of the forest, cities, caves are alive, the cities especially. The is incredibly scored, the mix of different music styles is great. The combat system takes some getting used to, startingBest RPG I've played in a LONG time. The story is great, and this is real Dark Fantasy. The graphics are flawless, but what the game really excels at is the living world it places you in. Every part of the forest, cities, caves are alive, the cities especially. The is incredibly scored, the mix of different music styles is great. The combat system takes some getting used to, starting out it can be unforgiving at times even on normal. You can't just hack n slash, but once you learn to use your spells and attacks in tandem it's very fun. There are a few bugs, as there are with any games, but you hardly notice or mind them because the game is that good. CDPR just raised the bar as far as RPGs go. Hopefully others will take the challenge and we'll see a string or great RPGs in the future. Expand
  97. May 21, 2011
    This is simply the best RPG I've ever played on PC if not even the best RPG of all time, anyone with a PC should play this game.. this is truly the "game of the year" of 2011 without a doubt.. 10/10
  98. May 21, 2011
    If HBO made a CRPG, it would be The Witcher 2. A wonderfully realized and textured dark fantasy world, with colorful adult dialogue that transcends the juvenile fare in many rpgs, reminiscent of "A Game of Thrones". Difficult decisions with no simple "good/bad" path spamming, have consequences felt down the road all through the game. Truly beautiful graphics with dynamic real time combatIf HBO made a CRPG, it would be The Witcher 2. A wonderfully realized and textured dark fantasy world, with colorful adult dialogue that transcends the juvenile fare in many rpgs, reminiscent of "A Game of Thrones". Difficult decisions with no simple "good/bad" path spamming, have consequences felt down the road all through the game. Truly beautiful graphics with dynamic real time combat that will see you flying around the battlefield dispatching foes with a dizzying array of lethal moves. Minor difficulty scaling issues can make some earlier parts of the game more challenging than they should be, but it wont be long before the game is making you feel like a true grandmaster of lethal, magically augmented swordplay.

RPG of the year, hands down.
  99. May 21, 2011
    From a Roleplayer's point of view this game definitely is everything Dragon Age 2 should have been. Where DA2 was - by far - the most disappointing title of the last couple of years, the Witcher 2 is - by far - the best RPG-title I've played since Dragon Age - Origins. And I think it will stay that way for a long time, cuz' it's absolutely brilliant. I'm actually pretty much surprised byFrom a Roleplayer's point of view this game definitely is everything Dragon Age 2 should have been. Where DA2 was - by far - the most disappointing title of the last couple of years, the Witcher 2 is - by far - the best RPG-title I've played since Dragon Age - Origins. And I think it will stay that way for a long time, cuz' it's absolutely brilliant. I'm actually pretty much surprised by the fact that there are a few Negative User reviews at all. Either those come from envious DA2-programmers (they did it before *grin*), or they are written by folks who expected a brainless hack'n'slasher with a low-complexity-storyline like DA2. In the latter case, the game is nit to be blamed, but the person who bought the game. I also read one particular review written by a frustrated player whose PC couldn't handle the game's hardware-requirements. Again, don't blame the game but blame yourself. My system is three years old by now, but I'm running Witcher 2 on 'High'-settings without any problem at all. Conclusion : best game of 2011 so far, and of the best all-time-RPGs. I already wonder if Skyrim will be able to equal this RPG-jewel. Expand
  100. May 21, 2011
    Okay, seriously, must I make an account on here to contribute to the troll fight? Honestly, guys.. come on.. judging by the sheer immaturity of all these 0-1 reviews I have to assume you are either 12, a seriously butthurt fan or, even worse, someone employed by EA/Bioware. Let me tell you.. I have played and enjoyed EVERY bioware game that ever came out, and, freakishly enough, even DA2Okay, seriously, must I make an account on here to contribute to the troll fight? Honestly, guys.. come on.. judging by the sheer immaturity of all these 0-1 reviews I have to assume you are either 12, a seriously butthurt fan or, even worse, someone employed by EA/Bioware. Let me tell you.. I have played and enjoyed EVERY bioware game that ever came out, and, freakishly enough, even DA2 had its moments.. but honestly.. let's just admit it.. from a hardcore RPG-ers point of view it's a sad, rushed and recycled game, which claws its way to a 7/10 at best through a couple of clever dialogues and one decent party member. Now why this would be so hard to accept that you have to troll the scores of a game which is clearly superior in EVERY aspect, as pretty much agreed on by every non-biased professional reviewer out there is beyond me.. but just stop, please.. you're only embarrassing yourselves. Expand
  101. Jan 2, 2012
    Just a great RPG!!! CDP RED made epic game. Many people is unhappy because of this how Gerald fights and complain about this. But they should read the book and than check this game. This game is gorgeous because of its story line and this is aim of RPG. In few words excellent storyline, excellent graphic and at least very good gamplay. Number one in this year. Skyrim is a good game but itsJust a great RPG!!! CDP RED made epic game. Many people is unhappy because of this how Gerald fights and complain about this. But they should read the book and than check this game. This game is gorgeous because of its story line and this is aim of RPG. In few words excellent storyline, excellent graphic and at least very good gamplay. Number one in this year. Skyrim is a good game but its not enough. Collapse

1. Pelit (Finland)