8.5

1. Oct 9, 2011
    Simply faultless game! In all respects the best game of year! The unique drawing design fighting system the game world! In a word it is excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. Oct 11, 2011
    So far my favorite game of 2011, Briliant graphics in a very credible game world. Best feature: the choices you make really do CHANGE the game. Briliant replayability and a long single player campaign. WARNING... Do not buy for your kids... this is a game for adults only.
  3. Jan 4, 2012
    This game tries to achive DirectX 11 graphics in the DirectX 9 API. There are some very technical D3D9 effects that should have been done in DirectX 11 but they are done in the slower DirectX 9 which is what makes this game more demanding on the graphics adapter than other games with better graphics. If you're rating only the gameplay and story, it is an easy game to pick up and be takenThis game tries to achive DirectX 11 graphics in the DirectX 9 API. There are some very technical D3D9 effects that should have been done in DirectX 11 but they are done in the slower DirectX 9 which is what makes this game more demanding on the graphics adapter than other games with better graphics. If you're rating only the gameplay and story, it is an easy game to pick up and be taken by because of the medival characters and environments. The conversation trees add to how the story is difficult to follow & the quests will be repetative. In conclusion the performance issue and obvious dated DX9 API graphics can be so distracting that it is difficult to follow the typical and predictable gameplay, but it is a very unique rendition about a medival story. Expand
  4. Nov 20, 2011
    Follow suit other game developers/publishers! Releasing games DRM free rather then including intrusive rubbish such as Steamworks or Securom that punish customers is a great way to get people supporting your games and company.
  5. Jun 10, 2012
    This game has a breath taking scenic beauty to start with. The graphics are pretty good and the gameplay is very cool too. You get totally engrossed in the story of the game after Chapter 1. For me, this is the game of the year!
  6. Feb 21, 2012
    This game is ultimate. Its RPG elements are huge, and your choices really matter. In theory, there are 4 endings, but with all the different options you could take, there are thousands. The graphics are absolutely top of the notch. I play on a laptop, and usually go for Ultra or at least High, which I can run easily. Here, I went with Medium-medium-high, I couldn't run anything higher, yetThis game is ultimate. Its RPG elements are huge, and your choices really matter. In theory, there are 4 endings, but with all the different options you could take, there are thousands. The graphics are absolutely top of the notch. I play on a laptop, and usually go for Ultra or at least High, which I can run easily. Here, I went with Medium-medium-high, I couldn't run anything higher, yet the graphics were still better than any game I've ever seen. The gameplay and controls take a while to get used to, but once you do, you'll find them very easy and fluent. And the thing I like most - the package it comes with. CDProjektRed weren't skimpy when it came to that. Even the lowest edition I could find comes in a big box, with the game, soundtrack, map, manual, game guide, papercraft figures and a coin and letter thing which are relevant to Act 2 of the story if you went with Vernon Roche and not Iorveth. In short, I love it! Expand
  7. Feb 26, 2012
    Best game of 2011. Combat is meh, but this game isn't about combat. It's about amazing story with moral choices. Usually you can do either bad, or worse choice. Love it.
  8. Feb 27, 2012
    Got it by the case and was set up critical. But totally changed my mind so soon..
    One of the greatest games ever. Same rank as Mass Effect. Enjoyed from beginning to the end and still want to play it again different storyline. Great game.
  9. Mar 21, 2012
    A true modern RPG . Good story telling , allowing player to make choices . Hard , complex but nice combat mechanics . Graphics very nice , sounds ok , More better then all of the RPG titled games in the market now .
    If you like RPG , do not miss this one . If you did not , play The witcher too before starting second one . You will have more fun .
  10. May 16, 2012
    Best game ever, best RPG, best choices and consequences, best story, best graphics, best soundtrack, best voice acting best gameplay....best in every way. What do you want more than that? obviously 10.
  11. May 17, 2012
    When you waiting promises, and after you get even more - a masterpiece is born. The game does not leave any chance to throw it on the back burner, as often happens with good games. Each bit of this creation gives the quality and consistency. From the Start menu to the title. I found no flaws. This game troll's head and shoulders above than any of its competitors. That such should beWhen you waiting promises, and after you get even more - a masterpiece is born. The game does not leave any chance to throw it on the back burner, as often happens with good games. Each bit of this creation gives the quality and consistency. From the Start menu to the title. I found no flaws. This game troll's head and shoulders above than any of its competitors. That such should be games today. Such games putting virtual entertainment on the same shelf with traditional entertainment, like a book and movie. This is a masterpiece, no doubt. Bravo CD-Project RED! Expand
  12. May 21, 2012
    It's just an excellent game. Nowadays it's really hard to find such a good storyline in any games. In spite of that the game provides you with a great intuitive combat system, fantastic graphics and animations plus really good cutscenes. Interesting characters, deepth of the story, multiple choices to solve the problems and push the story forward, this is just how it should be done inIt's just an excellent game. Nowadays it's really hard to find such a good storyline in any games. In spite of that the game provides you with a great intuitive combat system, fantastic graphics and animations plus really good cutscenes. Interesting characters, deepth of the story, multiple choices to solve the problems and push the story forward, this is just how it should be done in modern games. It's just a "must have" for all cRPG fans. Expand
  13. May 24, 2012
    One of the best RPGs I've ever played. The story is great, the gameplay is outstanding, and there is quite the replay value. There are some technical issues, especially, when you want to play with gamepad, and the technical support seems to be non existant, but overall it's a must buy for any RPG player.
  14. May 25, 2012
    IMHO, the best 2011 RPG (real RPG) game with an interesting story, unique well thought out world and quite challenging encounters and I like its humour :-). Shame it has not been advertised as much as other games for The Witcher is better than Skyrim (which appeared to be rather boring for me and anyway is not true RPG anymore, but has bigger marketing budjet to pay critics:-))
  15. May 17, 2011
    Completely amazing game from start to finish. Graphics, story, combat... just everything is mind-blowing. I would say this is up for game of the year without a doubt. Make sure you have a pretty good PC though...
  16. May 17, 2011
    Witcher 2 is an awesome game. Everything in it is great: world, characters, dialogues and story. Game looks and runs great on many different PCs. This is one of the best rpg I have ever played. You can call Witcher 2 Game of The Year.
  17. May 21, 2011
    Finished this game, was never able to finish BG, DA, ME, NWN or any other RPG's since Deus Ex. Every one of them gets boring after 50% story. Now onto 2nd play-through.
  18. May 17, 2011
    This game is very good cRPG. Beautiful locations and graphics, interesting quests, super gameplay and wonderful atmosphere makes it extremely. Polish, good job! :)
  19. May 18, 2011
    I am sure that the Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings will be RPG of the year 2011. Amazing graphics, great and nonlinear story, nice dialogs, tactical and innovative combat system are just a few of many advantages of The Witcher 2:Assassins of Kings. For sure each money are worth to spend on this game.
  20. May 21, 2011
    An amazing game.
    A game for people that don't need their hands held when they think they need to pee.
    A mature game with grey decisions that have real consequences for the player.
    A mix of control styles for different events.
    Fascinating enemies, huge beautiful areas. (Not the same tiny little zones re-used multiple times)
  21. May 25, 2011
    At first, I was disappointed a little bit, because some major mechanics of the game are entirely different. I loved the realistic inventory system of Witcher 1, that's gone completely. But that's not a big issue, we get a more traditional RPG inventory system now. It may use some tweaks however, and I'm sure they'll be delivered with the future patches. Combat is totally different. IAt first, I was disappointed a little bit, because some major mechanics of the game are entirely different. I loved the realistic inventory system of Witcher 1, that's gone completely. But that's not a big issue, we get a more traditional RPG inventory system now. It may use some tweaks however, and I'm sure they'll be delivered with the future patches. Combat is totally different. I always wanted more games like God of War, Batman: AA, or Darksiders on PC, because of their combat mechanics, and Witcher 2 delivers that. You need practice however, and higher difficulties punish the players if not careful, especially Insane; you cannot load your saves if you die. Hardcore mode so to speak. Really enjoying the combat mechanics.

Graphics are the best I've ever seen, and I've played other games that support DX11 and so on. I just can't believe this is a DX9 game. However, many players experience FPS problems with high-end PCs, but that's not entirely their fault, as AMD and NVidia are working on hotfixes to address the issues in the game. Patience, and you won't have any trouble.

Voice acting, music and sounds are really good. Especially the music, it is a vast improvement over Witcher 1 in my opinion.

I just love this game. And I throw my hat off to developers. It seems they knew what they wanted, aimed for it, and bullseye... A perfect PC game!
  22. May 24, 2011
    Has to be a Ten for one simple reason. Cd Project have made the game both witcher fans and rpg fans have always wanted, not the game that the shareholders wanted released ASAP. I personnelly have not been so challenged by any game on normal settings in recent times as i have been with the witcher 2, the quick load button is almost destroyed lol But this is not like many others badlyHas to be a Ten for one simple reason. Cd Project have made the game both witcher fans and rpg fans have always wanted, not the game that the shareholders wanted released ASAP. I personnelly have not been so challenged by any game on normal settings in recent times as i have been with the witcher 2, the quick load button is almost destroyed lol But this is not like many others badly designed games that punish your mistakes. the simple fact is if you dont react correctly you get burned lol Also this has been welcome because of some of the combat issues i had in the witcher 1. I could complete the whole game only having to use a few health potions rendering Alchemy irrelivent which in the world of the witcher should be a must have. In terms of role playing aswell i love the fact not everthing is spoon fed to me. For example go kill x monsters. Most rpgs would be strait on the mini map showing you exactly were to go and tell you what to do. The witcher 2 makes you explore and makes you research ways of defeating monsters instead of running in hack and slash return to quest giver thanks for the gold!! last but not least the cinematics and voice acting are top class! CD Project have one problem now! How do they top the witcher 2? Expand
  23. May 24, 2011
    I couldn't play the first Witcher just because of how unplayable it was gameplay wise, while I admit it had a great story, it wasn't good enough for me to struggle through the game to find out what happened.
    This left me a bit confused in the Witcher 2, but I'm glad I played it and was incredibly disappointed at the end, for the sole reason there wasn't anymore to play. It has a fantastically complex storyline and character development with a choice coming up in quick succession leading to a completely changed world by your actions. The World is also very mature, racial discrimination, injustice, murder, suicide, these all make the game a very adult and enthralling story that gets you caught up in in very quickly.

The game does have a few annoyances (picking things up from bodies or using objects is rather difficult at times) but they can have absolutely no impact on an absolutely amazing game like this.
    I hated the first one, but this one is possibly the best game I have ever played.
  24. May 26, 2011
    Why a 9? I'm saving the 10 for Witcher 3 if CD Project continues to redefine artistic integrity, passion and love for the detail in the next game. The never ending platform, corporate fandom and genre wars that games like this one tend to incite, are just another confirmation that there is a serious need for games that don't treat the gamer like a idiot. The game is a nearly seamlessWhy a 9? I'm saving the 10 for Witcher 3 if CD Project continues to redefine artistic integrity, passion and love for the detail in the next game. The never ending platform, corporate fandom and genre wars that games like this one tend to incite, are just another confirmation that there is a serious need for games that don't treat the gamer like a idiot. The game is a nearly seamless continuation to the previous incredibly atmospheric game, and features a protagonist that is more the player than some custom characters in other games. The combat: After finally remembering the importance of the sword/sign variety and alchemy from the first game it became a nearly flawless experience, at times difficult but incredibly rewarding. A game that doesn't hold the players hand and spoon feeds Him to the solution, a challenge for the physical and logical skills of the player. Spectacular finishers that are worthy investing time in character development . A welcome addition, because most of the recent games are somehow confusing difficulty with complexity, and allowing the gaming experience to be only a Hand-Eye Coordination test, when gaming is so much more. The World: The vibrant visuals, the living world, the interesting NPC's with their daily and nightly schedule, the love in the environmental detail, vastly improved dialogues, the atmospheric sound scheme and musical score are simply put amazing. A game that is a technical and performance challenge for many modern PC's, is a game that actually doesn't need any of these, simply because similar to the first game a poster on the wall or road sign in this game, puts to shame many games out there that are made with the idea
    that the player will not notice or care about the detail. Maybe the player will not notice, but it's not up to the developer to decide that for every player, but make it available for those that want it. The the story questline and Geralt's character progression are something that puts the Witcher2 right in the instant classic's department, simply because it manages to do one of the most important parts in a RPG right- the player impact. Next to the stunning visuals it's a game that brings choice and consequence to the next level by creating a completely different chapter depending on the player's choices, a rare feature when most modern RPG's allow only a few different lines, or minor Cinematics without player input.. A game with high replay value just for that.
    The characters: Geralt, the often misperceived main protagonist of the books and games is actually a character that
    is not a man of words, but a pragmatist sometimes unaware of His qualities.
    The essential NPC's: Each one of them has different motives, something that provokes the player to dwell on His own decisions, gray moral choices and cleverly developed characters that make the player hate the good or half good guys and sympathize with the evil or half evil guys, it is a fantastic expansion of the rich world created by A.Sapkowski. The spirit of the books even if adapted for gaming needs is alive and welcoming. â
  25. May 24, 2011
    A beautiful living world with a fantastic non-linear story, can't ask anything more from an RPG. Combat took a bit of getting used to, as it's unforgiving to mistakes, but it makes it all the more rewarding and immersive as you need to plan before, and make the right decisions during combat.

There's only one thing that can challenge Witcher 2, and that's Skyrim. But I'll love them both.
  26. May 24, 2011
    Amazing!! I'm not a big RPG fan, but I bought this game on a whim and I can't seem to stop playing. It's refreshing to play a game that actually challenges you during combat. There's very little hand-holding in this game and occasionally your character **gasp** dies from your mistakes! The graphics are also top notch and will set the new benchmark for PC punishment... the "Uber Sampling"Amazing!! I'm not a big RPG fan, but I bought this game on a whim and I can't seem to stop playing. It's refreshing to play a game that actually challenges you during combat. There's very little hand-holding in this game and occasionally your character **gasp** dies from your mistakes! The graphics are also top notch and will set the new benchmark for PC punishment... the "Uber Sampling" option can bring any current GPU to it's knees. The only negative is the fact that you can't remap some of the keys for combat (a stupid oversight by the development team), but there's an update on the way to fix this issue. Expand
  27. May 23, 2011
    Though I could probably point out a hundred flaws in it, overall the game is amazing. That sort of game where you can feel that the developers honestly put their hearts into making it.

My only big gripe in this game was the combat. The basic concept of the combat mechanics is fine, especially in the context of the game world. However the execution is flawed; many enemies are able to kill the player's character in two-three hits even on normal difficulty, which is not a problem by itself, however when unresponsive controls start getting into the way this becomes rather annoying. In addition, the balancing between the skill trees is far from perfect, as some abilities are absolutely critical to survive on harder difficulties while many others are pretty useless.
  28. May 17, 2011
    Fantastic games!
    Probably the best RPG in the world ;]
    Games of the Year 2011!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  29. May 17, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. 10+AwsomeStuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and 10+ Expand
  30. May 17, 2011
    Is M_Stannard another one of BioWares people voting on metacritic? Anyways, this game is super fun and hard. It looks and play amazingly. Some changes are a little awkward at first, like having to meditate before using potions, but you will get the hang of it.
  31. May 17, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of the most immersive cRPG games ever made. If your are fan of Dark Fantasy Worlds, you must own it. I didn't have so much fun with RPG game since the last Witcher or even better .... Planescape Torment!!! Expand
  32. May 22, 2011
    In my opinion is Game of the Year. Fantastic world, dialogs, combat ... all is fantastic. Story is the best of all games ever! Sapkowski is master of fantasy. I must read him books, not only The Witcher.
  33. May 21, 2011
    If you love gorgeous engrossive environments, characters with rich backgrounds and well fleshed out dialog, quests with multiple paths to take allowing for you to carve your own version of a hero and a dynamic combat system that requires precison planning and preparation before you head into the fray, The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings is for you.

Built from the ground up with an enirelyly

Built from the ground up with an enirelyly new (and incredibly advanced) engine, The team at CD Projekt have come into their own with this masterpiece - that makes such works as Bioware's Dragon Age pale in comparison.

At launch, it does have a few teething problems, and this was to be anticipated - but with an easy patching system built into the launcher and a promise that all future DLC will be absolutely FREE for players, CD Projekt have excelled even Bioware with this iteration.

This is definately one to buy!
  34. May 21, 2011
    One of the best RPG's I have ever played. The games combat does take some getting used to, in the early hours of the game you are faced with fairly large groups of enemies and the tutorial tips are not very helpful.

However once you get into the swing of things, it really starts to make sense. Personally i like the more difficult combat its refreshing. In a lot of games recently you can just run into a bunch of enemies and wave your sword around like crazy with little consequence.
    This is not the case with The Witcher 2, to defeat packs of enemies you usually need to use everything in your arsenal, traps, signs, dodging, potions, oils etc...

This game is very re-playable as there are many choices throughout the game and often the consequences are not realised until later in the story. Most of the choices you make are not very "black and white" It is very engaging.

The story is pretty mature, I wouldn't recommend this game for a younger audience. Not only because of the sexual scenes in the game but also because the story is quite political.

The graphics are simply amazing, CDProject Red has done an amazing job crafting the locations. There are slight issues with graphical problems at the moment, for example the shadows on my game have some weird dithering effect but i expect it will be sorted out in patches.
    Obviously these high graphics mean you will probably only be buying this game if you have a good graphics card, the game still pretty good on low settings however.

All in all, an amazing game with a combat system that requires some thought about the fight beforehand and crazy through the roof production values.
    A must buy for any hardcore PC gamer in my opinion.
  35. May 21, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The witcher 2 is great, the graphics are the best that I have ever seen in an rpg, the story is great and most of the characters have a personality. Without a doubt this game is light years ahead of that gimmick of an rpg called dragon age 2.
    But the game isn't without its flaws like most of the people seem to describe it here. The ui is very clunky for a keyboard + mouse user, we cannot rebind many of the functions like a way to switch signs fast without using the quick menu, instead we are either forced to use the slow "quick" menu or use the next sign function. (which is far from efficient when we have to hit it 4 times to get to the sign we want and horror if we hit it 5x by mistake we have to do it all again). We can also bind some direct cast key for the signs but that isn't efficient either.
    Another flaw is the inventory system without any way to store our items like in the witcher 1 where we could store our items at the inn.
    My biggest problem is with the game length though. The game is about half the length of the witcher 1 and I have personally finished the game doing all the possible sidequest with the plot I had chosen in about 25 hours. This is a huge letdown when we see how great the chapter 1 and 2 are and when we expect the game to get even better on chapter 3, we just meet an abrupt and rushed ending there. I feel that there should have been at least 2 more chapters with as much content as in chapter 1 and 2.
  36. May 21, 2011
    I have played this game into the second chapter and while I've run into a few fights that were pretty tough I have no complaints, the game runs smoothly and is absolutely beautiful to look at, the sweeping vistas and grand scale are marvelous, the game play mechanics are easy to master and soon your lobbing bombs and using fire signs with the best of them.

The characters are well

The characters are well portrayed, voiced and animated, the side quests are fun and varied (I love beating people up bare knuckle style so I'm glad that's still in the game) and the NPC's aren't as annoying as they are in other games.

If your like your Rpg's immersive, fun, mature and beautifully made then the Witcher 2 has everything you need.
  37. rov
    May 22, 2011
    Thank you CD Project RED for making an RPG just the way I like it: immersive, beautiful, and challenging. It is clearly the product of people with love for the genre. For any RPG fan out there: don't just sit there. Buy it. Now.
  38. May 23, 2011
    I find it very strange that aslkaz has written the exact same review for the Witcher 2 and Dragon Age 2, just changed a few words here and there? In both of the reviews he says the game is rubbish and you should get the other one instead. Yet he has only given The Witcher 2 a 2 rating and Dragon Age 2 a 4 rating? Weird. I think someone is trying to rile up the natives.

Anyway, this

Anyway, this game is brilliant. The combat is better than in the first one as it is more intuitive. The graphics are amazing. Conversation options really help you to get into the story, I find myself doing 'just one more quest' before turning off my pc. I'm really enjoying the fact that you can change all Geralts clothing this time round and you can also make a lot of really good stuff. Anybody who is having problems with the weight limit, their is a fix you can download off the web which reduces all timber, iron, cloth, etc to 0.1 instead of 1. I found the link on gog.com.

I like the fact that you can eradicate monsters from an area this time round by destroying their nests. You feel like you are really doing something to help the locals rather than just 'kill drowner, rinse and repeat' ad infinitum.

I'm finding it very hard to make some of the big decisions, guess I'm just going to have to play it through a few times! There are 4 beginnings and 16 endings so plenty of replay value.

I would urge you to get this game, you won't regret it.

As a side note, I have nad no problems installing and running this game. Installation and online certification went smoothly, downloaded a small patch and installed, downloaded the Troll DLC and my free pre-order bonus with no problem. Have been playing now for 30+ hrs and had no crashes, no stuttering, just a beautiful game.
  39. May 24, 2011
    The Witcher 2 is simply everything PC gaming was waiting and dying for. And the best thing is that CD-Project didn't have the funds to overhype this game. All the publicity it got and gets is just because of one reason; The Witcher 2 breathes quality. Sure, it has a few bugs and minor downfalls; sometimes Geralt gets stuck, the game crashed to my desktop once and the fighting isn'tThe Witcher 2 is simply everything PC gaming was waiting and dying for. And the best thing is that CD-Project didn't have the funds to overhype this game. All the publicity it got and gets is just because of one reason; The Witcher 2 breathes quality. Sure, it has a few bugs and minor downfalls; sometimes Geralt gets stuck, the game crashed to my desktop once and the fighting isn't fantastic.. but hell; the story(telling) is epic, you really get the feeling that your choices do influence the story, the characters are great and the atmosphere is fantastic. And off course the graphics.. AWESOME! This is one of the reason why I play my games on a PC! It really shows what a game can be when it gets developed only for PC only and doesn't have to make concessions for those bloody consoles. In my opinion this game is one of the best games for the last couple of years and deserves to become GOTY 2011.
    KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK CD-PROJECT!
  40. May 24, 2011
    This is the best RPG I have played in 10 years. The storyline, gameplay, and dialogue are all the best parts of the good old days of RPGs. Except for the graphics, that is. The downside to this is that you need a pretty good machine to experience the graphics, but you will be glad you got that video card upgrade when you see the graphics here. This is a rare case where the sequel blowsThis is the best RPG I have played in 10 years. The storyline, gameplay, and dialogue are all the best parts of the good old days of RPGs. Except for the graphics, that is. The downside to this is that you need a pretty good machine to experience the graphics, but you will be glad you got that video card upgrade when you see the graphics here. This is a rare case where the sequel blows the original out of the water. I spent 70 dollars on it and I feel like I got a bargain for all this game is worth. Expand
  41. May 24, 2011
    While The Witcher 2 does have some minor flaws, none of them is crucial enough to spoil it's perfect presentation and incredible gameplay. Interesting characters, challenging combat and decisions with a deep impact on the story told, make this one of the best RPGs that have ever been released. If you are in any way attracted to RPGs, you don't want to miss out on this game.
  42. May 26, 2011
    I have played every notablle crpg since the late 80s. I can tell you this: the game belongs to that small exclusive clubb of games that represent a quantum leap beyond what has come before it. Super mario 3, zelda link to past, ff-6, starcraft, counterstrike, mario64, baldurs gate 2, DA:O, and now The Witcher 2. This game is made for the intelligent gamer. I usually agree withI have played every notablle crpg since the late 80s. I can tell you this: the game belongs to that small exclusive clubb of games that represent a quantum leap beyond what has come before it. Super mario 3, zelda link to past, ff-6, starcraft, counterstrike, mario64, baldurs gate 2, DA:O, and now The Witcher 2. This game is made for the intelligent gamer. I usually agree with professional critics but I suspect that thereis some very serious bias going on here as far as the scores this gamehas gotten from ign, and pcgamer and a few others. A 90 is a good score...but if u play this game it will be clear to you why that score is a threat to high quality productions like Witcher 2. It puts them on the same level as gammes like DA 2 and need for speed. Progress in gaming depends on recognition being given where recognition is due. That may be at the cost of say ign getting a Preview exclusive next time EA rolls out a big release, but honesty is what jnournalism, even gaming journalism needs to be about. Pretending like this game is just another aaa release like MW3 is not jjust a diservice to gamers, its a danger to the progression of gaming into an art form.

CDProjeckt Red has very clearly raised the bar in a huge way. Its incidentally a welcome rebuke to the notion that x dollars = y quality game. For approx 10m in development costs these guys mixed in genius and have come out with the best game in years.
  43. Jun 21, 2011
    This is a my personal GOTY so far. This game has everything that any other game want and more. Graphics are beautiful, combat is involving and tactical, the story is non linear and just plain amazing. This and Portal 2 are one of my favorite games of the year. Now, this game has some small problems, such as clunky inventory. But these problems are completely overshadowed by the game'sThis is a my personal GOTY so far. This game has everything that any other game want and more. Graphics are beautiful, combat is involving and tactical, the story is non linear and just plain amazing. This and Portal 2 are one of my favorite games of the year. Now, this game has some small problems, such as clunky inventory. But these problems are completely overshadowed by the game's other amazing qualities. Coupled with the fact that devs are continuously supporting the game with patches and DLC makes this game a must BUY this year. I would give this game 9/10 but will rate as 10/10 to counter other 0/10 from haters. Expand
  44. May 18, 2011
    The only reason not to buy The Witcher 2 is 1) You´re a console fanboy (Idiot)
    2) Have a Low-spec PC
    Otherwise this is a must-play. Visuals are amazing, combat is challenging and the Insane difficulty is a cool add-on.
  45. May 18, 2011
    Been playing for approximately 10 hours, game has been absolutely excellent so far. The graphics (especially the environments) are beautiful. The story deals with mature and morally ambiguous themes, with multiple endings and game path. The presentation is a really interesting take on non-linear gameplay. I'm not sure I'd call it non-linear so much as a collection of linear story arcsBeen playing for approximately 10 hours, game has been absolutely excellent so far. The graphics (especially the environments) are beautiful. The story deals with mature and morally ambiguous themes, with multiple endings and game path. The presentation is a really interesting take on non-linear gameplay. I'm not sure I'd call it non-linear so much as a collection of linear story arcs which can be played in any order. It's a smart way to accomplish non-linearity, as it's makes for a strong narrative while still giving the player the freedom to play as they see fit. Those who played the first Witcher will be glad to know the combat system has been completely revamped. The combo system is gone, and in its place, a true real-time combat system. Because of this, spells are integrated more seamlessly than in the previous, and you'll likely be using a combination of sword play, spells, and bombs on the fly in most engagements.

I haven't had too many issues with instability like others have reported and I'm running the steam version. All and all, an excellent action rpg for an age group of 18+ with a more refined gaming palate. If you like RPG's, definitely buy this game.
  46. May 21, 2011
    This is the RPG I've been waiting for since Oblivion. Non-Linear with exceptional writing and voice acting, TW2 is a seminal achievement that won't hold your hand and will challenge you consistently. The attention to detail here is amazing, from Geralt scratching his head while talking to NPCs, to crows suddenly scattering as you walk by. I won't rehash what so many others have alreadyThis is the RPG I've been waiting for since Oblivion. Non-Linear with exceptional writing and voice acting, TW2 is a seminal achievement that won't hold your hand and will challenge you consistently. The attention to detail here is amazing, from Geralt scratching his head while talking to NPCs, to crows suddenly scattering as you walk by. I won't rehash what so many others have already covered, so just do yourself a favor and buy this release from CDProjekt. Cheers! Expand
  47. May 17, 2011
    CD Projekt RED: Assassins of Kings (Bethesda & BioWare)? Well... YES. This game has couple of bugs, but as a whole product is just one of the best games, I've ever seen. Long live the King! No need to say more. Instead I will just play more...
  48. May 17, 2011
    The game itself rules so far, awesome graphics, convincing story, interesting quests and background, incredible music, I love this game ! This game rocks so much I lack words to describe it. It has the same dark and mature atmosphere TW1 had, choices and consequences of your actions matter even more, and it fixed the biggest complaint of the first part: the combat. And it's damnThe game itself rules so far, awesome graphics, convincing story, interesting quests and background, incredible music, I love this game ! This game rocks so much I lack words to describe it. It has the same dark and mature atmosphere TW1 had, choices and consequences of your actions matter even more, and it fixed the biggest complaint of the first part: the combat. And it's damn challenging.Best RPG i ever played in a long time. My candidate for Game of the Year 2011. Story is great and nonlinear, choices are great, graphics looks amazing! Since first play i know that is game made from fans for fans. Expand
  49. May 21, 2011
    This game is amazing. Story, graphic, sounds, atmosphere - all top notch! CDProject got a new fan in me and I actually can't seem to find anything negative I would put my finger out. A strong GOTY candidate for sure.

Don't know what's up with the trolling here. How can anyone give this game a score below 9 is beyond me. Scared producers from EaoWares?
  50. May 17, 2011
    I am amazed by the pure solitude of every aspect of this game. I was so surprised by how good it was, when I was watching the Dev diaries that CDprojekt was releasing I was a little scared they were too confident. But the weren't, they knew they had an amazing game. The battle system is intuitive and the graphics are top notch. I fell so in love with the hard decisions of the game becauseI am amazed by the pure solitude of every aspect of this game. I was so surprised by how good it was, when I was watching the Dev diaries that CDprojekt was releasing I was a little scared they were too confident. But the weren't, they knew they had an amazing game. The battle system is intuitive and the graphics are top notch. I fell so in love with the hard decisions of the game because they were hard. I have never paused in a game and waited 5 to 10 minutes before I could decide. The only bad reviews on this game are just butt hurt Bioware fans that could are jealous because Bioware didn't do it first. A+ my only upset with the game is that Skyrim is coming out, so it has a hard road to be RPG of the year but if anything this will be second if not first. Expand
  51. May 17, 2011
    Brilliant RPG with a well thought out story, refreshing free DLC offered, dedicated developer support and of course the return to one of the best dark and gritty fantasy universes of "The Witcher." Production quality levels are through the roof and the game is actually FUN - I'm thoroughly enjoying all of the different options and opportunities interacting in this living world. This reviewBrilliant RPG with a well thought out story, refreshing free DLC offered, dedicated developer support and of course the return to one of the best dark and gritty fantasy universes of "The Witcher." Production quality levels are through the roof and the game is actually FUN - I'm thoroughly enjoying all of the different options and opportunities interacting in this living world. This review is based on the initial launch of the game - and I'll admit the game could probably still use another patch to hit "the best" possible level, but knowing CD Projekt Red means we know that this patch is coming very soon. If this game were to get an overhaul like the original game's EE edition it would be unfathomably good, a real 11/10. Keep an eye out for this game it will set the bar for RPGs for quite some time! Expand
  52. May 17, 2011
    Well, at the beginning... For all those WHO GAVE 0.0 RATINGS: you are probably Dragon Age II failers or competition. No other explanation to it. I feel sorry for you guys...

Lets start now after little bit of justice done above. Game is a pure MASTERPIECE!!! I can feel a passion creators put in smallest inch of every stone they made and any detail. Passion is the only thing that outstand and raises highly above ordinary, common attitude, which is based on profit only... I couldnt resist playing until I finished and I cant resist playing over again. So much possibilities. No simple good/bad choices, very mature, realistic, badass atmosphere.. I got into it so deeply I couldnt notice time passing by...

I literally tasted every second I spent with this game with authentic pleasure... I could even say I got addicted to that game. I will definetely play that game x times more in different styles and choices made.

I am recomanding it at full of my heart!

PS. Sorry for not sophisticated language and spelling mistakes. English is not my native.

Hail CD Project!!!
  53. May 17, 2011
    It's a really stunning game, fighting system gives a lot of fun (when your character gets stronger, he learns new moves), graphics is amazing, plot is just very good (especially for fans of whole "The Witcher" franchise). Locations are simply beautiful, this game is just epic. By the way it's a shame that you can't delete those comments made by idiots who give The Witcher 2 zero points andIt's a really stunning game, fighting system gives a lot of fun (when your character gets stronger, he learns new moves), graphics is amazing, plot is just very good (especially for fans of whole "The Witcher" franchise). Locations are simply beautiful, this game is just epic. By the way it's a shame that you can't delete those comments made by idiots who give The Witcher 2 zero points and Dragon Age II. I understand that you DON'T have to enjoy TW2 but NO GAME deserves 0 points. I hate those trolls. Expand
  54. May 17, 2011
    Poor form BioWare employees, poor form. Giving this game a 0, and your own game a 10? When you're a developer, you lose the ability to review, because it will always be biased.
  55. May 17, 2011
    Wow. What else can be said? Phenomenal graphics, excellent dialog, bits of dark humor, superb combat system, tons of items, skills, and abilities...Just a complete and total upgrade over the first. I would have given the first a solid 7.5. I enjoyed it but wasn't blown away. The Witcher 2, however, is one of the greatest RPGs I've ever played. I was anxiously waiting for Skyrim to get myWow. What else can be said? Phenomenal graphics, excellent dialog, bits of dark humor, superb combat system, tons of items, skills, and abilities...Just a complete and total upgrade over the first. I would have given the first a solid 7.5. I enjoyed it but wasn't blown away. The Witcher 2, however, is one of the greatest RPGs I've ever played. I was anxiously waiting for Skyrim to get my RPG fix but the Witcher 2 has completely changed that. Can't say enough about this fantastic game. If you're on the fence, do not hesitate. This will be a challenger for Game of the Year without a doubt. Expand
  56. May 17, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It is more than I've been expected, and I've been expected awesomes. Dialogue is very well written, amazing artwork, character animation is among the best I've seen , combat is challenging and fun. Game is charming, beautiful, and feels re-playable with some excellent choice and consequence. Expand
  57. May 17, 2011
    Well, at the beginning... For all those WHO GAVE 0.0 RATINGS: you are probably frustrated Dragon Age II failers or competition with disability to others respect. No other explanation to it. I feel sorry for you guys...

Lets start now after little bit of justice done above. Game is a pure MASTERPIECE!!! I can feel a passion creators put in smallest inch of every stone they made and any detail. Passion is the only thing that outstands and raises highly above ordinary, common attitude, which is based on profit mostly... I couldnt resist playing until I finished and I cant resist playing it over again. So much possibilities. No simple good/bad choices, very mature, realistic, unique atmosphere. I got into it so deeply that I couldnt notice time passing by...

I literally tasted every second I spent with this game with authentic pleasure. I could even say I got addicted to that game. I will definetely play that game x times more in different styles and choices made.

I am recomanding it at full of my heart!

Hail CD Project!!!
  58. May 21, 2011
    Sure there are few UI niggles. And combat is pretty hard in the beginning. But I am judging games by quality of experience they provide. And this game? Best RPG experience since Vampire Bloodlines released in 2004. You owe it to yourself to buy this game and play it. If you do not have sufficient PC, buy it. Everything about this game, from world building, story, atmosphere, combat..is topSure there are few UI niggles. And combat is pretty hard in the beginning. But I am judging games by quality of experience they provide. And this game? Best RPG experience since Vampire Bloodlines released in 2004. You owe it to yourself to buy this game and play it. If you do not have sufficient PC, buy it. Everything about this game, from world building, story, atmosphere, combat..is top notch. Graphics is the best I have ever seen - CD Projekt truly have talented artists and programmers.
    You cannot call yourself a gamer if you do not play this game.
  59. May 17, 2011
    After playing through the Witcher 1 a couple of times and reading Blood of Elves from the Witcher's writer Andrezej Sapkowski i was afraid that this game would simply not live to my expectations. I was wrong. From the gorgeous graphics to the deep combat system and the huge moral choices you have to make this has to be one of the greatest cRPGs ever made. Right on the Hall of HonorsAfter playing through the Witcher 1 a couple of times and reading Blood of Elves from the Witcher's writer Andrezej Sapkowski i was afraid that this game would simply not live to my expectations. I was wrong. From the gorgeous graphics to the deep combat system and the huge moral choices you have to make this has to be one of the greatest cRPGs ever made. Right on the Hall of Honors amongst titans like Planescape: Torment, Baldur's Gate and Arcanum. This game has everything a true RPG fan should enjoy: rich characters, dungeon crawling, engaging combat and an awesome story, one of those that can grab you and never let you go until you finish the game. And everything was done by a small polish company, They truly deserve our praise. Thank you CDPR for this game that deserves to be placed amongst the greatest games of all time. Expand
  60. May 17, 2011
    The best RPG ever made.. Amazing graphic, stunning story, very deep world. Bioware sucks because they are making accounts only to give 0 to Witcher and 10 to DA2. Everybody knows that DA2 is weak.........
  61. May 21, 2011
    I think it's probably the rpg of the year.
    This game have splendid graphic, no censorship at all (in dialogue romance etc...), lifefull environment.
    The story follow start where witcher 1 end.
    After the deception of dragon age2, it's good to see one good rpg this year.
  62. May 21, 2011
    From a Roleplayer's point of view this game definitely is everything Dragon Age 2 should have been. Where DA2 was - by far - the most disappointing title of the last couple of years, the Witcher 2 is - by far - the best RPG-title I've played since Dragon Age - Origins. And I think it will stay that way for a long time, cuz' it's absolutely brilliant. I'm actually pretty much surprised byFrom a Roleplayer's point of view this game definitely is everything Dragon Age 2 should have been. Where DA2 was - by far - the most disappointing title of the last couple of years, the Witcher 2 is - by far - the best RPG-title I've played since Dragon Age - Origins. And I think it will stay that way for a long time, cuz' it's absolutely brilliant. I'm actually pretty much surprised by the fact that there are a few Negative User reviews at all. Either those come from envious DA2-programmers (they did it before *grin*), or they are written by folks who expected a brainless hack'n'slasher with a low-complexity-storyline like DA2. In the latter case, the game is nit to be blamed, but the person who bought the game. I also read one particular review written by a frustrated player whose PC couldn't handle the game's hardware-requirements. Again, don't blame the game but blame yourself. My system is three years old by now, but I'm running Witcher 2 on 'High'-settings without any problem at all. Conclusion : best game of 2011 so far, and of the best all-time-RPGs. I already wonder if Skyrim will be able to equal this RPG-jewel. Expand
  63. May 26, 2011
    Although I never played the first Witcher and have never read any of the written works, I found myself absorbed by the world in The Witcher 2. A consistently gritty, mature atmosphere is present in every gorgeous moment of gameplay. The art design and level of detail at every turn is astounding, though it will strain many machines to the breaking point until the game receives someAlthough I never played the first Witcher and have never read any of the written works, I found myself absorbed by the world in The Witcher 2. A consistently gritty, mature atmosphere is present in every gorgeous moment of gameplay. The art design and level of detail at every turn is astounding, though it will strain many machines to the breaking point until the game receives some optimization. The game suffers only a few small missteps; the prologue is very difficult and doesn't offer much in the way of information to help. Inventory management can be a pain, as well as the weight cap. The final act also ends quickly and does not live up to the incredible standards established by the previous chapters. Nevertheless, I would say it is the best RPG I have played since Mass Effect 2, and is a game that puts Dragon Age 2 to absolute shame. If a small Polish game developer can make a game of this astounding quality, how did a storied and respected company like BioWare err so badly with a similarly-intentioned game? If you are a fan of hard, dark, uncompromising RPGs and can maintain the patience to get used to The Witcher 2's systems, you will have a nearly unparalleled experience. Expand
  64. May 21, 2011
    Almost completely flawless; a work of art and an RPG masterpiece. My only qualm is with the new clunky and overly simplified inventory/journal/quest/codex screen.
  65. May 17, 2011
    Im using a Galaxy Geforce GT 430 and running the game on high settings, in 720p the game is gorgeous, the combat is fantastic,the dialogue is smart aggressive and sometimes witty, i am not using the keyboard and mouse control i am using a razor Onza xbox 360 controller and am completely in love. If they can find a way to stabilize the graphics for the 360 and ps3, console gamers with beIm using a Galaxy Geforce GT 430 and running the game on high settings, in 720p the game is gorgeous, the combat is fantastic,the dialogue is smart aggressive and sometimes witty, i am not using the keyboard and mouse control i am using a razor Onza xbox 360 controller and am completely in love. If they can find a way to stabilize the graphics for the 360 and ps3, console gamers with be getting a rpg well worth the 60 dollars, CDproject know what they were doing with this game. im not a huge pc gamer, though im slightly starting to convert. this game will keep me busy for awhile as iv been exploring the area of chapter 1 for over 9 hours. Get this game its worth it. Expand
  66. May 26, 2011
    This definitely is Game of the Year 2011. The single best RPG I have played since Planescape: Torment. The characters are deep and complex, the storyline develops depending on your actions and choices. It takes what was good from every single RPG released in the last 15 years and makes it into something better. The graphics are simply the best ever seen in an RP
  67. May 17, 2011
    Simply incredible! It's not perfect, but it is one of the the most well-designed games I have ever played. After that sorry excuse of a sequel, which was Dragon Age 2, playing this game is truly a refreshing experience. Buy it, play it and revel in the glory of the game.... then pray that CD Projekt will be an independent company in the future. (look at what BioWare had become...)
  68. May 18, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. True evidence that "adult game" can rely on adult story not on sea of blood /DA2/. Excellent, beautiful, immersive RPG. Great atmosphere, great story, and nontrivial combats. Bioware please take your lesson before ME3 and DA3 hit the market. For today Witcher 2 is the RPG king of 2011.9 not 10 score because of minor flaws and complicated installation procedure. Hope that patch will solve most of this. Expand
  69. May 18, 2011
    Best RPG you can buy! It has everything a true RPG should have. You got magic , awesome battling , traps, crafting , armor modification , non linear gameplay and stunning graphics and much much more I. Finally a game that utilizes PC's true power! A must buy that's for sure. Dont mind trolls who give it 0 , this game is fantastic those who complain probably cant run it because of theirBest RPG you can buy! It has everything a true RPG should have. You got magic , awesome battling , traps, crafting , armor modification , non linear gameplay and stunning graphics and much much more I. Finally a game that utilizes PC's true power! A must buy that's for sure. Dont mind trolls who give it 0 , this game is fantastic those who complain probably cant run it because of their overpriced Alienware crap Expand
  70. May 22, 2011
    The way I see it, CD Project has just raised the bar of CRPGs a lot higher. Replayability of the game is tremendous, the combat is way more challenging than in the first installment, character development gained strategy elements as during a single playthrough you'll be able to take only small subset of available skills. Other praises go to game graphics and animation, it's just topnotch.The way I see it, CD Project has just raised the bar of CRPGs a lot higher. Replayability of the game is tremendous, the combat is way more challenging than in the first installment, character development gained strategy elements as during a single playthrough you'll be able to take only small subset of available skills. Other praises go to game graphics and animation, it's just topnotch. That said, I give the game 9/10 due to disappointing ending, it was too open-ended and unsatisfying to my liking. Expand
  71. May 22, 2011
    Short answer: Probably the best game of the year(at least until Skyrim).

Short answer: Probably the best game of the year(at least until Skyrim).

Longer Answer: I played through it once so far. And absolutely love it. The graphic is amazing, even if i had to use low graphics due to crappy computer the game still looked very nice. Even if there are some flaws in the game the positive side heavily outweighs the negative side. After completing the game i felt quite satisfied. Sure it could have gone on for longer and there are still questions unanswered, but none of those have really anything to do with the main story in the game, even if some are a result of the main story.
    A great thing with witcher2 is that it's made for adults. nothing is censored(unless you live in Australia). Wish more developers would go on that path, it sort of puts the realism at a higher level than in any other game.

A both good and bad thing in the witcher2 is that the game doesn't hold you hand and show you what to do. Some things you have to figure out yourself. It's not dumbed down and therefor can feel a bit challenging. But that is all the genre is about also.
    Lets hope this is not the last we've seen of the witcher. The Witcher2 felt like a very welcomed game, specially after the big letdown after Dragon Age2.
  72. May 23, 2011
    This is my favorite RPG since Fallout: NV. Different, suprising and addictive. I'm playing at just under/around medium graphics quality and it is still gorgeous. Can hardly wait to replay it in a few years with everything turned on.
  73. May 17, 2011
    The witcher 2 will be RPG of the year 2011.. The Witcher 2 is best game i ever played in a very long time. Beautyfull graphics, nonlinear and addictive story, innovative combat system, great dialog, DRM free, free DLC, only 49$ compared to some others *cough* DA2 *cough* that charge $60 but less than 1/2 the quality.
  74. May 22, 2011
    Amazing game with awesome graphic, nonlinear story, perfect gameplay. One of the best RPG games i have ever played. I think that Bioware should learn to do an RPG for CD Project Red. Sorry for my English:)
  75. May 17, 2011
    The best RPG ever, in my opinion, CD Project RED are the best, i have played it for about 7 hours and i already like it more than Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 2, Fallout 3, all them together.

Simply Amazing
  76. May 19, 2011
    The Witcher 2 is an Excellent game! Expands the story very well and the overall combat is much more fun to master than its predecessor. Its also great to see that developer puts so much care into its product and still give the hardcore pc gamers what they want.
  77. May 18, 2011
    I needed about 5 minutes of playing The Witcher 2 to realize CD Projekt have outdone themselves. Great atmosphere, interesting plot and witty dialogue come together to produce a truly addictive game.
  78. May 18, 2011
    A Beautiful Game.
    Scenery, atmosphere and the rich colours are beautiful. Story is all engrossing(decisions, decisions). Interesting gritty fleshed out characters. Great combat. Great game.
  79. May 18, 2011
    Great GAME ! Definetly going to buy it straight from gog . Exellent job CD Project ! Damn guys keept it comming ! This will be my 5-th title ever bought ... you know i am from Eastern Europe too :D I own all WOW , Witcher 1, ME1 and ME2 .... BioWARE & EA : you freaking tricked us here in romania with the cerberus codes for ME2 . Never recived any code in the box , just a reply from EAGreat GAME ! Definetly going to buy it straight from gog . Exellent job CD Project ! Damn guys keept it comming ! This will be my 5-th title ever bought ... you know i am from Eastern Europe too :D I own all WOW , Witcher 1, ME1 and ME2 .... BioWARE & EA : you freaking tricked us here in romania with the cerberus codes for ME2 . Never recived any code in the box , just a reply from EA that the copies sold in Romania do not have the code . GG Bioware , you won't see my money anytime soon . Its just painfull that you do not want them. Ohh by the way have a great time tracking the pirates through SSL :P

P.S: To all users that keep saying DA2 it is better than TW2 ..... ..... you got the versions totally wrong. You should edit your posts and say : DA1 it is better than TW1 .. and that it is true :)
  80. May 17, 2011
    Excellent game, You have to buy it, perfect!, Excellent game, You have to buy it, perfect!, Excellent game, You have to buy it, perfect!, Excellent game, You have to buy it, perfect!
  81. May 17, 2011
    Genial Games! More impressed story, beautiful look, mysterious music & fine characters. Thanks for developer from Poland CD Project Red. One of the most looking game ever.
  82. May 17, 2011
    Really, i wasn't expecting to write a review of this game, but all this Bioware stuff with the 0 marks it's too much. You should be ashamed of what are doing here, trying to destroy this game, which has been made with a lot of effort by people who i'm sure love bioware game as we all did. Bioware, remember why you began working on videogames, and show some respect to these people, that'sReally, i wasn't expecting to write a review of this game, but all this Bioware stuff with the 0 marks it's too much. You should be ashamed of what are doing here, trying to destroy this game, which has been made with a lot of effort by people who i'm sure love bioware game as we all did. Bioware, remember why you began working on videogames, and show some respect to these people, that's the least you can do. By the way to the stupid from above, ¿what's your problem, you think we europeans don't kow a **** about games? Well i'm european and i know DA2 was one of the worst **** i've ever played, as DA origins was one of the best games i've ever played in my life. So please show some common sense and respect please. Expand
  83. May 17, 2011
    I can sum up this game by simply calling it a masterpiece. The love the developers have for PC gaming shows so clearly in how the Witcher 2 plays, and I think it will set a new standard for quality RPGs going forward. Keep up the amazing work, CDPR. I look forward to seeing what the future holds for this awesome company.
  84. May 17, 2011
    amazing atmosphere, fantastic dialogue and gameplay. Best RPG since Baldur's Gate
    GOTY 2011.
    Dragon Age I and II, Risen, Two Worlds and others simply are not able to compete with this game!
  85. ion
    May 17, 2011
    It is really hard to point out all qualities of this game because there are that many of them. Magnificent plot and storyline, deep, ambiguous characters, the importance of the choices you make (the choices, let's add, not obvious and not black and white), great minor characters and the gray, bleak yet vivid world in which the real monsters are the human beings. If we add to it marvelousIt is really hard to point out all qualities of this game because there are that many of them. Magnificent plot and storyline, deep, ambiguous characters, the importance of the choices you make (the choices, let's add, not obvious and not black and white), great minor characters and the gray, bleak yet vivid world in which the real monsters are the human beings. If we add to it marvelous graphics, well-made soundtrack and a demanding gameplay (you really have to use all your equipment and magic skills when facing a tough opponent or a bunch of them) we get one of the most amazing cRPG games in the last decade. The Witcher 2 is the masterpiece and as such, should stand alongside other masterpieces like Baldur's Gate, Fallout 2, KOTOR and Planescape: Torment. I hope that the game will become a huge success not only as a piece of art, but also as a product, so that we'll see more astonishing works from this small studio. Expand
  86. May 18, 2011
    To be very honest, i wasnt expecting too much. I played the first The Witcher few years ago and it was good, nothing new , nothing brilliant it was a good game. But when i played The Witcher 2 it was just a new experience of gaming. The deepth of the story is just incredible, the possibility of choices in this game are incredible high, the atmosphere is just incredible dense its just aTo be very honest, i wasnt expecting too much. I played the first The Witcher few years ago and it was good, nothing new , nothing brilliant it was a good game. But when i played The Witcher 2 it was just a new experience of gaming. The deepth of the story is just incredible, the possibility of choices in this game are incredible high, the atmosphere is just incredible dense its just a beautiful game. The combat is great and intuitive a big improvement when you look at the first The Witcher. The graphics are just gorgeous, the design of the world , including environment, buildings, armors is really on of the best i ever saw. Its clearly on of the best Role Playing Games i ever experienced. So i can just say: Guys, buy this game and support the developers! Collapse
  87. May 18, 2011
    One of the best game I have ever played. Story is realy non-linear (yes DA - you can learn from W2), graphics is great, characters are high detailed and almost alive. Combat was improved and now it is really nice.
    Brawo!
  88. May 18, 2011
    This game is a classic. People who are posting zeroes should just calm down. There's no way that bioware employees would be posting those marks. More like overzealous bioware fans who are threatened. This game deserves a complete 10. It's the best game i've played since oblivion, and dare I say it, baldur's gate. I get the distinct feeling that bethesda are playing this game rightThis game is a classic. People who are posting zeroes should just calm down. There's no way that bioware employees would be posting those marks. More like overzealous bioware fans who are threatened. This game deserves a complete 10. It's the best game i've played since oblivion, and dare I say it, baldur's gate. I get the distinct feeling that bethesda are playing this game right now and todd howard just said "new release date for skyrim folks...12/12/12" :) Expand
  89. May 18, 2011
    The Witcher 2 is a masterpiece. Superb graphics and audio, non-linear story, mature choices and consequences. Witcher 2 is a game for hardcore RPG fans, but in the same time it's accessible so that anyone can play it. If you are a gamer, buy this game.

Angry Bioware fans, you don't realize that you are damaging your favorite company by boycotting Witcher 2 score like this. Many people will do the same for your favorite games, if you don't stop your rampage. In the end, all games will have lower scores.
  90. rq3
    May 18, 2011
    Mature story, dark world, not so shallow as BioWare production. Based on great novelty. It's real RPG! It's everything that BioWare's game failed to be.
    Great graphic
    Great story
    Great system
    Great music
    So many diffrent endings...
    Who needs more?
  91. May 18, 2011
    This game really is very good, a must buy for any REAL fan of the RPG Genre.
    The graphics are absolutely STUNNING. Plenty of customization to be had to ensure a decent frame rate.
    The storyline is first class, voice acting and lines are also very good. The use of Quick Time Events was a very welcome addition in my opinion. And, to top off what already is a great game, the developers have
    This game really is very good, a must buy for any REAL fan of the RPG Genre.
    The storyline is first class, voice acting and lines are also very good.
    The use of Quick Time Events was a very welcome addition in my opinion.
    And, to top off what already is a great game, the developers have issued the game without the troublesome DRM that is plaguing the PC Gaming Industry.
    To all the Bioware fan boys out there, man up and take your heads out of your asses.
  92. s1n
    May 18, 2011
    Ok, I'll try to be as specific as I can with my review so I can help those who haven't made a decision yet:

1. Optimization - the game runs smooth on MID details on my 2x3.0 Ghz, 2 GB RAM, RadeonHD 4850, Win XP. And by MID details in The Witcher 2 I mean HIGH in many other blockbuster titles - the looks of the game are simply astounding! A few minor bugs will probably be handled with the first patch, but they don't screw up the whole picture at all.

2. Story - it nails you to the chair from the very beginning. Mature, deep, with characters that have their own affairs and motivation. The game provokes REAL emotions, with some of the scenes so deeply moving! This is a game, that you will remember long after you finished it!

3. Choices & non-linearity - finally they are real! This is not a typical Mass Effect thing, where the only choice you had was to be uber-polite or **** in dialogues, but no matter what you "chose" the outcome was the same and the story went on. Here you make REAL choices, that change the story completely at some points, make you visit different locations and meet different characters throughout the game. And typically for Geralt's world - usually you have to choose between two evils. 4. Audio - music & voice acting are from the top shelf. Period. 5. World design - with a huge attention to details, you can see passion and hard work put into the world design every corner you turn. All that crafting combined with very good ambience sounds make The Witcher 2 the most immersive RPG I have played.

6. Combat system - some people say it's too hard and chaotic, but I find it well balanced between action and some strategic thinking. The action factor is more visible, but hey - don't you think that swinging swords, casting spells and trying to slay your opponent is ALL about action?

7. Character development - the system is clear and gives you many options to develop Geralt the way you feel comfortable to play. 8. Overall - if you could call a game epic - this is the one. Not in the "internet" meaning of epic being something incredibly good(well, this too), but actually epic. The game has scale, ambition, and it has those little moments that make you just sit there in front of your screen with your hands off the keyboard and mouse and ADMIRE IT. If you can consider games an art - this is the masterpiece. Crafted with love and making those 30 hours of your life spent on it richer.

(wonder if anyone actually read this till the end :) )
  93. May 22, 2011
    One of the best RPG i ve played since Gothic, Morrowind and Risen. Finally somebody showed those mainstream, brainwashed developers how good RPGs are made.

Thanks!
  94. May 28, 2011
    This game made me excited again , to play a real rpg on PC , Graphic outstanding the best I have ever seen comparing this to Dragon age 2 or 1 graphic is unfair ..
    Sound are also great , I enjoy ambient sounds , sword sheathing , everything is done nicely
    Control : I don't know why so many complains about control , it response very well Story : One of the most amazing story in Game history , your choices mean something , bad may be good , and good may be bad .
    Game play : I find the game not that hard , if you go button smashing of course you will die ,
    you need to think , prepare yourself before the battles , make bombs , traps , and poisons .
    Improvement from the first game : the world is more realistic , Geralt can interact with many things , like climbing , sneaking , knocking enemies , light fire . these all knew things .
    Improvement for the Alchemy and mediation system . you don't need Alcohol for making potions .
  95. May 19, 2011
    This might well be among the best role playing games i have ever played. The Atmosphere is great, the characters are authentic and the storyline is, while not extremely original, interesting to follow. Spice that up with a few well thought side quests and you got yourself a great game.

There are, however, some problems. First of all, the game is going to come out for consoles too and therefore the whole interface has been developed for that. Its bulky and in some cases downright illogical (why is there no 'junk' filter in the inventory?! or a sell all 'junk' button?!). Then there are some action sequences we already know from console games (press the button shown on the screen or die).

Well. The fights are pretty hard and sometimes you will be confronted with enemies that are almost impossible to beat at that time. Which is ok - but can present a nasty surprise. While Witcher I allowed you to play almost with no potions at all, you will need all your skill with traps and pots and bombs to even make it out of the introduction...

So, all in all, a very good game... which i can recommend.
  96. May 19, 2011
    I've been waiting for this game for almost five years now. Aside from the botched Rise of the White Wolf console edition, the original Witcher game and two more editions there after changed the way I see and play role-playing games.

Fast forward to 2011 which is a great year for CDPR, The Witcher 2 has done the impossible. A stunning beautifully rendered game that's an achievement of its own. A game that genuinely captivates the imagination and sucks you in with its clever mature story telling.

Although it was a smooth launch, there are unavoidable software glitches that came with it like poor performance on high-end nvidia and ati cards, scores of quest bugs, and occasional crashes. CDPR assured the community that they are looking into these problems and would address them in the coming days or weeks. Don't let the light software problem prevent you from playing this magnificent game though.
  97. May 22, 2011
    Never seen such a story. Must - have, must - play. This is how you do it. Deep character system? Check Epic story? Check Engaging combat? Check No DRM? Check Same price across regions? Check Free DLC forever? Check CD Projekt is the anti-EA/Bioware. Game looks absolutely fantastic. Dialogue is immersive and well written. m_stannard is a gelatinous, buttperturbed jackass who is super madNever seen such a story. Must - have, must - play. This is how you do it. Deep character system? Check Epic story? Check Engaging combat? Check No DRM? Check Same price across regions? Check Free DLC forever? Check CD Projekt is the anti-EA/Bioware. Game looks absolutely fantastic. Dialogue is immersive and well written. m_stannard is a gelatinous, buttperturbed jackass who is super mad DA2 sucked dick. Expand
  98. May 22, 2011
    At first I was disapointed with the fighting mechanics and poor tutorial but then I realized what a wonderful RPG this game is! Fantastic game!
    + STORY
    + DIALOGS + MUSIC + WORLD AND CHARACTER DESIGN + non-linearity + GUI estetics + map window and journal + short loading times - VERY DIFFICULT - low responsiveness - fighting mechanics - TUTORIAL - AI bugs - waiting for dead opponents to
    + STORY
    + DIALOGS
    + MUSIC
    + WORLD AND CHARACTER DESIGN
    + non-linearity
    + GUI estetics
    + map window and journal
    + short loading times

- VERY DIFFICULT
    - low responsiveness
    - fighting mechanics
    - TUTORIAL
    - AI bugs
    - waiting for dead opponents to disappear in order to harvest them...?!
  99. May 21, 2011
    A very good RPG with an excellent story, I found myself as drawn in as with the first Witcher game. The combat is a little difficult to get used too at first but this is the only initial hurdle, unlike most RPG's out there this is actually challenging and you feel as if you accomplished something after a difficult fight because it takes skill to win. (your not just guzzling down healthA very good RPG with an excellent story, I found myself as drawn in as with the first Witcher game. The combat is a little difficult to get used too at first but this is the only initial hurdle, unlike most RPG's out there this is actually challenging and you feel as if you accomplished something after a difficult fight because it takes skill to win. (your not just guzzling down health potions like 'some' unimaginative rpg's) It is at times dark and gritty, and I love it that way. You feel a part of the story. Expand
  100. May 21, 2011
    One of the greatest RPGs of this year so far, Great storyline and good use of decisions to affect the outcome of certain effects, Excellent beautiful graphics and memorable characters, Good side quests keeps things interesting and a good selection of weapons and armor.
  101. May 18, 2011