• Publisher: Atari
  • Release Date: Sep 16, 2008
8.5

1. Sep 5, 2010
    The developing back story of the character and the world the story is set in is very intriguing. Along with a gripping story line and many secondary quests to extend the duration of play, the Witcher is a great RPG to add to your collection.
  2. Aug 18, 2012
    I give the Witcher (Enhanced Edition) a 5/5. I do not know where to begin. This is by far one of the most fantastic RPGs that I have ever had to pleasure to experience. Although the awkward animations and somewhat dull voice acting may take some time to get used to, it is most definitely worth your time. I became to immersed into this game that as soon as I beat it, rather than going on toI give the Witcher (Enhanced Edition) a 5/5. I do not know where to begin. This is by far one of the most fantastic RPGs that I have ever had to pleasure to experience. Although the awkward animations and somewhat dull voice acting may take some time to get used to, it is most definitely worth your time. I became to immersed into this game that as soon as I beat it, rather than going on to the second game (which I had already purchased in my steam library) I started the first game over on the hardest difficulty setting. I just could not get enough. Buy this game. Beat it. Beat it again. Play part two. Expand
  3. May 7, 2011
    The Witcher: Enhanced Edition is the most underrated game ever.
    The Witcher: Enhanced Edition is the most underrated game ever.
    It's perfection. The graphics are amazing: if you compare with Dragon Age they are so much better even though this game is older. The music is a masterpiece and fits perfectly everywhere ... it really makes you feel like the places actually exist and gives the game a very unique and special feeling. The characters are very interesting and you want to know more and more about them all the time (very much as in Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn). The story is also awesome ... I don't want to spoil anything but it really is great.

If you like RPGs then buy this game. It's a masterpiece and one of the best RPGs ever made (Baldur's Gate II and Morrowind are the only RPGs I recon beats this game).
  4. Aug 26, 2013
    My original favorite game. I got it at some random shop I walked into for 2 bucks, mainly because of the wolf head on the cover. Man, did I luck out. No idea what it was about prior to buying it. Of course, there are a few issues, like not being able to jump/ walk over small bumps. I just bought it again on steam for 2.50 because I like the convenience of steam, and figured I should pay atMy original favorite game. I got it at some random shop I walked into for 2 bucks, mainly because of the wolf head on the cover. Man, did I luck out. No idea what it was about prior to buying it. Of course, there are a few issues, like not being able to jump/ walk over small bumps. I just bought it again on steam for 2.50 because I like the convenience of steam, and figured I should pay at least 4.50 for such an awesome game. Expand
  5. Dec 20, 2010
    Playing through the first couple of hours might not get you hooked, but if you come back just once then you might as well write off the next few weekends. This game is tremendous - detailed story, characters and environments. Lots of possibilties to explore, and so much variation as you craft your way through the game. Completely nonlinear, and lots of distractions, including taverns,Playing through the first couple of hours might not get you hooked, but if you come back just once then you might as well write off the next few weekends. This game is tremendous - detailed story, characters and environments. Lots of possibilties to explore, and so much variation as you craft your way through the game. Completely nonlinear, and lots of distractions, including taverns, hookers and dice poker. Top marks, and it looks like the sequel is going to somehow be just as awesome. Expand
  6. Oct 26, 2014
    It's a good game. Flat-out likeable. Yet there's one flaw in it - the fighting system. Constant clicking. Once you get used to it, it will feel good enough and you'll make chains of attacks - but getting it can be oh so annoying. Even if you after some time return to the game - you'll get the feeling of 'oh **** I forgot it works like this.' The story is good, the graphics while slightlyIt's a good game. Flat-out likeable. Yet there's one flaw in it - the fighting system. Constant clicking. Once you get used to it, it will feel good enough and you'll make chains of attacks - but getting it can be oh so annoying. Even if you after some time return to the game - you'll get the feeling of 'oh **** I forgot it works like this.' The story is good, the graphics while slightly dated by now remain nice to see.
    It's an underrated classic sadly
  7. Apr 20, 2014
    Probably the best PC RPG I've played. Mostly due to great plot, characters, factions and mostly interesting quests. An adult world where you can't please everyone. For these reasons, I enjoyed it more than Oblivion or Skyrim. However, the combat system is not as interesting, and the first 2 hours of the game might feel boring. Also, money does not really have value, as it is better to justProbably the best PC RPG I've played. Mostly due to great plot, characters, factions and mostly interesting quests. An adult world where you can't please everyone. For these reasons, I enjoyed it more than Oblivion or Skyrim. However, the combat system is not as interesting, and the first 2 hours of the game might feel boring. Also, money does not really have value, as it is better to just find the better stuff from enemies and environment. Expand
  8. Jul 15, 2011
    I love this game, Great story, you feel like a badass all the way through, and it has a lot of fun RPG elements.
    I personally like getting the "trading cards" if you know what i mean.
  9. Nov 9, 2011
    The Witcher EE together with Dragon Age Origins are my favorite modern computer RPGs in this gaming generation. The story in the Witcher has a very deep scope as it follows the journey of the witcher Geralt of Rivia to reveal the imbroglio in a nation and all the dark secrets. The game features a lot of moral choices which will yield different consequences in the later game and you have toThe Witcher EE together with Dragon Age Origins are my favorite modern computer RPGs in this gaming generation. The story in the Witcher has a very deep scope as it follows the journey of the witcher Geralt of Rivia to reveal the imbroglio in a nation and all the dark secrets. The game features a lot of moral choices which will yield different consequences in the later game and you have to do a lot of dialog choices to uncover various quests. Combat is entertaining and somehow tactical, you will need to choose right fight styles against different types of enemies as well as use effective portions. Inventory is the only disadvantage because the space is really limited, so strategy is needed. Overall it's a great rpg with a deep storyline driving it. The game still has problems, long loading time and instant crashes do occur but not often enough to ruin the immersion. If you enjoy games like dragon age origins, I am sure you will love this game. Expand
  10. May 17, 2011
    Ok so it had a couple of issues. I never expected I would like a largely third person game this much. I loved oblivion and like to immerse myself in the world and scenery from time to time playing from behind the characters eyes etc but much to my surprise I also greatly enjoyed the witcher. Its not as non linear as I would like but its not totally linear either. The characters andOk so it had a couple of issues. I never expected I would like a largely third person game this much. I loved oblivion and like to immerse myself in the world and scenery from time to time playing from behind the characters eyes etc but much to my surprise I also greatly enjoyed the witcher. Its not as non linear as I would like but its not totally linear either. The characters and story combined with the world created for them make this an extremely enjoyable game. Well worth buying. I just pre ordered the witcher 2 and cant wait Expand
  11. Feb 13, 2011
    Got the game on Steam with a rather low expectation due to the low price and the sometimes negative feedback here. After completing the game I must say it is one of the best games I have ever played. Yes there are some glitches. Sometimes you feel like running a little too much around. Some of the bosses in the game are very difficult etc.
    But the beautiful setting, the deep storyline and
    But the beautiful setting, the deep storyline and artistic graphics totally compensates. And if you are a little bored with the "run to the next exit and shoot some monsters on the way" games the market is full of then pick up this game, it is still available on steam at a rather low price and I promise you a very interesting journey. On the other hand if you like to learn tricky keyboard combinations to fight with very special moves, if you like to snipe, or just enjoy exploring "high tech" places, this game is not for you. The fighting engine is very special with your character doing all the moves and you just have to click the mouse at exactly the right time. In the beginning this is kind of frustrating until you learn but after a while I actually appreciated this action style very much.

Can't wait to play the sequel. Highly recommended.
  12. Jan 5, 2012
    One of the most interesting role-playing games that I played. Non-trivial plot, lot of skills, charismatic characters, non-linear quests, moral choices and perfect soundtrack. Well done, CD Projekt.
  13. Jun 27, 2011
    I didn't get around to this title for a long time but I always had my eye on it. I knew it would be good but I was too busy playing the RPG'S I thought were probably a lot better. Finally, I started reading the novel's and playing The Witcher. What I found was a franchise that was true to the heart of a classic CRPG player. I was amazed to find that I enjoyed it much more than Dragon AgeI didn't get around to this title for a long time but I always had my eye on it. I knew it would be good but I was too busy playing the RPG'S I thought were probably a lot better. Finally, I started reading the novel's and playing The Witcher. What I found was a franchise that was true to the heart of a classic CRPG player. I was amazed to find that I enjoyed it much more than Dragon Age and The Elder Scrolls games. It is not only more enjoyable but the writing is fantastic. This is largely due to the fact that it is a game based off of an accomplished author's work unlike similar series where a group of average writers write an average story and later if success has been had, the best of the average writers writes an average novel. By the way, the novels are great. I only wish they would keep publishing the rest of them in English.

Final though: PLAY THIS GAME!!
  14. Mar 19, 2011
    Fantastic game all round just a few minor flaws for me, on one particular map you find yourself fighing the same group of monsters over and over, it did get a little bit of a grind as they where quite easy to kill and just seemed like an obstacle rather than fun but this was rather early on in the game and what was to follow made me forgive this slight flaw in the game.

The only other

The only other complaint would be about boss fights, the dont really seem like boss fights, they lack a little bit of "epicness" and "challenge".

Beyond this i found the game to be brilliant, there are a few other very small matters that could be addressed but it would really be nit picking and i dont want to give the impression that the game is bad as i loved (almost) every minute of it.

There is a lot of adult themes such as drinking gambling and sexual references so its one to keep the kids away from but if your an adult and want a game to treat you as such then i think you will find a lot of laughs joy and excitement from this title, i know i certainly did.
  15. Mar 17, 2011
    Excellent RPG and best storytelling since Planescape:T. It has interesting concept of blurring the lines between good and evil, there is no truly "good" or truly "evil" choice. The combat gameplay is its only flaw.
    And this game is the only one that has alchemy system that I actually wanted to use and had a lot of fun doing so.
  16. May 22, 2011
    I had never heard of this game until a little while ago. It came out right about the time Dragon Age: Origins came out and I was way too busy with that game. Now I have to look back and wonder if I should have been way too busy with this game. This game is a breathe of fresh air in the RPG category. I wanted to see if it was any good before I played the sequel to it and I was amazed. ItI had never heard of this game until a little while ago. It came out right about the time Dragon Age: Origins came out and I was way too busy with that game. Now I have to look back and wonder if I should have been way too busy with this game. This game is a breathe of fresh air in the RPG category. I wanted to see if it was any good before I played the sequel to it and I was amazed. It didn't try to cover more than it should have with it's storyline and gave the player enough. Every decision you make will count at some time or another. You will be rewarded in a good or bad way for the things you do at some time or another. The story doesn't leave you wanting more and it actually closes what it started which is pretty unheard of in this gaming age. The combat system is unique and I want to say skill based but I can't really because by the time you are ~30 hours into the game you will hear the same sound and know when you attack again. Some of the later sequences are bit harder to listen for though which was a nice change. The quests in this game are diverse and many. There are the standard kill this and get X from it on every act but those are optional and are usually completed by doing other optional quests or primaries. If you want to take a break from questing you can do dice poker or bar fighting which was fun to do every so often. I didn't really have high hopes from an indie game company to produce something of this quality but I was blown away. The only really thing I can say negatively about this game is the fact that it is easy. Once you know what to do with your spells it makes things a push over. I was playing on the hardest difficulty and relied on alchemy. I was hoping it would be harder to obtain the mats for said pots but they were littered everywhere on the acts. It made the hard version of the game very easy being able to be potted all the time. With that aside I would absolutely recommend this game to anyone even if they don't like RPGs it is just that good. Expand
  17. Feb 29, 2012
    This game comes very close to the perfect game. It's actually mature, it's realistic in decisions and never resorts to black and white "good" "evil" choices. The only small issue is that some quests are of a far lower standard than other quests - whereas in the witcher 2 - all the quests are of a high standard. However this game is almost twice the length. So it evens out in the end. TheThis game comes very close to the perfect game. It's actually mature, it's realistic in decisions and never resorts to black and white "good" "evil" choices. The only small issue is that some quests are of a far lower standard than other quests - whereas in the witcher 2 - all the quests are of a high standard. However this game is almost twice the length. So it evens out in the end. The combat is a little more methodical than the witcher 2, it's different. Although I probably prefer the witcher 2's combat. Expand
  18. Mar 23, 2011
    One of the best games I have ever played. The Witcher is a new kind of RPG; one that allows the player to make choices that actually affect the world. Some modern RPGs, such as Mass Effect (2) allow some of this, but with The Witcher, you are making choices left and right. And these choices change how later levels play out. One particularly important one changes how the final 5 hours ofOne of the best games I have ever played. The Witcher is a new kind of RPG; one that allows the player to make choices that actually affect the world. Some modern RPGs, such as Mass Effect (2) allow some of this, but with The Witcher, you are making choices left and right. And these choices change how later levels play out. One particularly important one changes how the final 5 hours of the game plays. I also loved the combat, and if you play the game enough, you will too. Most people who say that they dislike it are right in doing so, because the whole concept revolves around combos which you unlock as the game goes on. And if you only play until the second chapter, then there is no unlocking being done, and therefore the combat is depthless.

Another area where the game excells is in story. Though the english translation can be a bit spotty at times, and voice acting can be a bit poor, all the important characters are well voiced. The story is rich with backstory, and there is a living world behind you. This is the only game where I have ever considered going back two hours in saves so that I could change one of the choices I made.

The graphics are also quite nice, though compared to modern standards, they are a bit behind the times. Of course, the game is now 4 years old, so that is to be expected. The lighting is beautiful, and there is a full day/night cycle.

There are only two areas which I dislike: There are some "impossible" boss fights. If you fail to prepare for them, they are quite hard, and the game doesn't do a very good job of warning you that they are about to occur. The other thing that I take issue with is how easy it is to miss some quests. If the quest isn't a primary quest, then it is usually given by some NPC. How was I to know that I should randomly go into the blacksmiths' house? I don't know. You can sometimes miss large parts of the story, or atleasty backstory due to this. Luckily, there is a good wiki for the game, where you can check to see that you have done all required. Just watch out for spoilers on there, they seem to be in the most mundane places!

To close this up, The Witcher is a great game for any RPG fan. If you don't have it, get it.
  19. Sep 6, 2011
    The game is just how good, solid RPG should look like. First off though, a thing that may disappoint someone- you don't create or choose a character. But personally I don't really see this as a bad thing. It has many good sides that the plot benefits from. The game is based on the universum created by Andrzej Sapkowski in The Witcher saga. I think that creating a game on a solid settingThe game is just how good, solid RPG should look like. First off though, a thing that may disappoint someone- you don't create or choose a character. But personally I don't really see this as a bad thing. It has many good sides that the plot benefits from. The game is based on the universum created by Andrzej Sapkowski in The Witcher saga. I think that creating a game on a solid setting was really an amazing idea. Game's action takes place after the story from the books though. I don't want to talk about the details but just the world that we find ourselves in playing this game, as well as the story, is really a masterpiece. The plot is non linear which makes the game even more enjoyable. The Witcher takes a while to beat it so I assure you that you'll have many hours of fun playing it. Something people may not get to like is how the fighting looks. You mostly just click the mouse button at the right times. But on the other hand it is something original and something that one can get used to, really. Pros: -Not linear. -Amazing story. -Long. Cons: -Fighting style that not everyone may enjoy. Expand
  20. Sep 11, 2012
    first off i recommend reading the books first as it will help immerse you in the world better. the writing and interactions between the characters is dark and witty. the atmosphere and art design captured the grim nature of the witcher's world. geralt is one of the biggest badasses in gaming. neutral, intelligent, and lethal. only reason i'm not giving this a 10 is the combat seemed a bitfirst off i recommend reading the books first as it will help immerse you in the world better. the writing and interactions between the characters is dark and witty. the atmosphere and art design captured the grim nature of the witcher's world. geralt is one of the biggest badasses in gaming. neutral, intelligent, and lethal. only reason i'm not giving this a 10 is the combat seemed a bit limited and boring. sure you can spice it up with spells, potions, coatings but it really boiled down to the timing of one button over and over. i can't wait to play the second game as it supposedly does pretty much everything better than the original. Expand
  21. Apr 27, 2011
    Good game. The writing is well balanced, and the graphics are outstanding. Carries a few loose bugs, however, and I even encountered a game-breaking one that forced me to restart the game. The voice acting is also a little bit sloppy. Despite all this, what really makes the Witcher stands out is its incredible atmosphere and engaging characters, and its enough to make me want to pushGood game. The writing is well balanced, and the graphics are outstanding. Carries a few loose bugs, however, and I even encountered a game-breaking one that forced me to restart the game. The voice acting is also a little bit sloppy. Despite all this, what really makes the Witcher stands out is its incredible atmosphere and engaging characters, and its enough to make me want to push through again even after having to restart. A great game all-and-all. Expand
  22. May 21, 2011
    After I have seen the movie based on Sapkowskich books... I told my self, that I will not waste my time on these books... but some time after the release of the enhanced edition I gave it a try... and I got drawn into this world within minutes. The cursing dwarfs, the shady elves, the false priests, the corrupted officials and the sultry prostitutes shaped a world, which was unique amongAfter I have seen the movie based on Sapkowskich books... I told my self, that I will not waste my time on these books... but some time after the release of the enhanced edition I gave it a try... and I got drawn into this world within minutes. The cursing dwarfs, the shady elves, the false priests, the corrupted officials and the sultry prostitutes shaped a world, which was unique among the fantasy worlds I came across. (After my first playthrough I read all the 7 books in an instance...)
    Ok, this game does not offer a character creator, but instead You get a well defined and interesting anti-hero, whose story and background is a far superior feature, than a tabula rasa character. The music is so dense and folklore, the graphics are so stunning, especially compared to the great Dragon Age: Origins. I have to admit, that the facial animations are very stiff, and a lot of faces are the same, but that is the only downer in terms of graphics. The night and day cycle, the living towns and the dynamic weather are so immersive, that you cannot not play for hours. This game also features the most interesting choices, were every choice means sacrifice, were all one can do, is choose the lesser evil, where a Hollywood-style happy ending is not an option. Many people complained about the combat... It needs to get used to, yes. But it is not bad, it is a lot of fun, and when you add the potions, the bombs and Geralts skills to it, the combat becomes a very strategic gameplay, where the intelligence of the player is tested. In short... If you know what you are doing, you can defeat the game on the highest difficulty with ease, but the hard part is actually remembering and mastering all of it.
    So... in it's time, this was the second to Mass Effect 1 best looking RPG, it was definitely the most mature story-based game (I know... the sex cards... but I do have a deck of Playboy-cards myslef and I still consider my self mature) with a very deep combat system, it featured the most difficult choices, it was not afraid to punish you.

What shall I say... I love CD Project games as much as I love Bioware games, and I am not a fan of this recent troll-war between the fans of these games... people, do yourself a favor and enjoy those games... in the end, it is of no importance which is better... they are all great and they ARE worth your money!
  23. Apr 30, 2011
    Short version - One of the best RPG's I have ever had the pleasure of playing in my 12 years of gaming.

Long(er) version - When I started up the Witcher after buying it extremely cheap on Steam, I have to admit, I wasn't expecting much. Something to throw a few hours into and entertain me for a little while.. but I was so wrong! This ended up being one of the most superb RPG experiences

This ended up being one of the most superb RPG experiences I have ever had, the story and immersion are second to none and the setting is just absolutely excellent.. Who doesn't want to be a professional monster hunter, hunting everything from vampires, werewolves to things you have never heard of like Kikimores and Graveirs.. you really get the feeling that you are Geralt, the white wolf, a witcher.

I see no faults whatsoever with this game and give it a 10/10, it deserves it.
  24. Apr 23, 2011
    First big game from small polish developer. Game was created on old engine bit it looks really good for 2007 RPG of the year! I didn't know what to expect after TW1 was recommend to me by my friend. Game starts slow but picks but closer to middle of the game so you have to patent ..if you survive first 2 chapters you start to enjoy very well told story. Combat could be better but it'sFirst big game from small polish developer. Game was created on old engine bit it looks really good for 2007 RPG of the year! I didn't know what to expect after TW1 was recommend to me by my friend. Game starts slow but picks but closer to middle of the game so you have to patent ..if you survive first 2 chapters you start to enjoy very well told story. Combat could be better but it's something new! never been tried before system so I give them points for trying also character development is very rich and let you play how you want you play. Highly recommended if you love RPG games. Also I have to add game goes for around 5£ (huge value for the money!) Expand
  25. May 4, 2011
    I have played The Witcher: Enhanced Edition for the first time last week and I must say, this is one of the best game I have ever played, even if it is a 3 years old game. The setting is mature and intelligent (not all gamers are 12yo!!!), the graphics are great, the RPG elements are fun and the dialogues are realistic and compelling. The fighting action is really cool but I would haveI have played The Witcher: Enhanced Edition for the first time last week and I must say, this is one of the best game I have ever played, even if it is a 3 years old game. The setting is mature and intelligent (not all gamers are 12yo!!!), the graphics are great, the RPG elements are fun and the dialogues are realistic and compelling. The fighting action is really cool but I would have preferred a "Jedi academy 2" type of sword fighting, more based on reflex and skills than timing. This game is a MUST HAVE. Expand
  26. May 17, 2011
    I only started playing the game after I'd read the books by Sapkowski, as a way to extend my stay in the world of The Witcher. Honestly, I thought I was up for a disappointment, but I was pleasantly surprised. The atmosphere was still there, the riveting plot, interesting characters and snappy dialogue were up to standard. I particularly liked the fact that the moral choices were always inI only started playing the game after I'd read the books by Sapkowski, as a way to extend my stay in the world of The Witcher. Honestly, I thought I was up for a disappointment, but I was pleasantly surprised. The atmosphere was still there, the riveting plot, interesting characters and snappy dialogue were up to standard. I particularly liked the fact that the moral choices were always in the gray scale, never good or bad, but rather a matter of the lesser evil. I can only hope the second game will be as good as the first! Expand
  27. May 17, 2011
    wow where to start I absolutely loved this game from start to finish,sucked me in and wouldent let me go,awsome graphics memorable story,This is how rpg's for pc should be done.Quiete a long game,I put about 50 hours into it because there are just so many sidequests
  28. May 20, 2011
    Belongs to top 3 RPGs I have ever played, along with Mass Effect 1 and Dragon Age 1.
    Story is mature and complex, I felt like I was playing a full-blown novel, with lots of side stuff going on simultaneously with the main story.
  29. May 20, 2011
    great game,very worthy predecessor to the witcher 2 you can pick this game up for 5 dollars now at gog.com i think this gam edeserves a 30 out of 10 for that price go out and buy it you wont regret it
  30. May 26, 2011
    Very good game! Graphics on a high level, interesting story and interesting character. I played it a few times and are happy playing again. 9 / 10
  31. May 27, 2011
    Great RPG! Great story, brutal and cruel world, fantastic atmosphere , moral choices and much much more.

minus... not many ways of building up your character, not very challenging and sometimes boring combat.
  32. May 27, 2011
    The Witcher Enhanced Edition is an amazing game. Challenging gameplay, good graphics, interesting storyline. Because the first edition of the Witcher was full of bugs, CD Projekt released this, the Enhanced Edition, which was offered for FREE to users who purchased the original, first edition. Talk about amazing! Any company who strives so hard for customer satisfaction demands ourThe Witcher Enhanced Edition is an amazing game. Challenging gameplay, good graphics, interesting storyline. Because the first edition of the Witcher was full of bugs, CD Projekt released this, the Enhanced Edition, which was offered for FREE to users who purchased the original, first edition. Talk about amazing! Any company who strives so hard for customer satisfaction demands our loyalty. Slightly better than Dragon Age Origins, this was the best RPG since 2001 (Baldur's Gate). Do yourself a favor, and get the Witcher. You won't be sorry. Expand
  33. Sep 8, 2011
    This is it.
    The big one.
    The great one. What can I say that hasn't already been said? When you're not busy marveling at the beautifully crafted world, (the best representation of Medieval Europe done in a game as of yet), well-fleshed out characters, witty dialogue and humanity and realism of it all, you'll be engulfed in a branching storyline, entirely based on major decisions you make,
    This is it.
    The big one.
    The great one.
    What can I say that hasn't already been said?
    When you're not busy marveling at the beautifully crafted world, (the best representation of Medieval Europe done in a game as of yet), well-fleshed out characters, witty dialogue and humanity and realism of it all, you'll be engulfed in a branching storyline, entirely based on major decisions you make, that takes you and doesn't let you go until it says all it has to say, a breathtaking atmosphere, music that is just out of this world, fits the mood and settings perfectly and adds up to the whole experience in a fantastic way.
    And what can I say about the morality? No black and white, no heroes and knights, just people trying to live their lives, choices and consequences.You WILL find yourself in many situations where there is no good or bad choice, no wrong and right choice - and choosing the lesser evil is a path you have to consider.

I could say so much more, but the game itself speaks volumes, more than anyone could ever say.
    This is one title a hardcore RPG fan shouldn't miss out on.
  34. Mar 7, 2014
    The Witcher I in my opinion is a testament to the role-playing genre.Set in a dark world filled with backstabbing friends,intriguing enemies and many more with no genuine morality,we are deeply engrossed in this tale of the redemption of the witcher Geralt of Rivia. With Solid role-playing mechanics which although nothing new, are a solid base through which the game shares its story.OneThe Witcher I in my opinion is a testament to the role-playing genre.Set in a dark world filled with backstabbing friends,intriguing enemies and many more with no genuine morality,we are deeply engrossed in this tale of the redemption of the witcher Geralt of Rivia. With Solid role-playing mechanics which although nothing new, are a solid base through which the game shares its story.One gets deeply immersed in this world filled to the brim with adult themes of sex,racism,politics.A Definite must buy for fans of mature fantasies. Expand
  35. Jul 7, 2011
    The Witcher (Enhanced Edition) is a gem among the adventure RPG games. Be warned though it is not a hard core RPG game, it is more like adventure game with RPG elements. There is no character customizing. You play as Geralt and thatâ
  36. Aug 28, 2011
    This is a game made by RPG fans for RPG fans. Unfortunately for the PC gaming layman or those coming from other genres this game will seen complex, slow, and unbalanced. But for those few with RPG game logic, patience, and willpower, that have been gained through years of BG2, Diablo, or NWN (one of course, possibly 2) this game will be a welcome breathe of fresh air that has been absentThis is a game made by RPG fans for RPG fans. Unfortunately for the PC gaming layman or those coming from other genres this game will seen complex, slow, and unbalanced. But for those few with RPG game logic, patience, and willpower, that have been gained through years of BG2, Diablo, or NWN (one of course, possibly 2) this game will be a welcome breathe of fresh air that has been absent from the mainstream gaming for the past couple of years. Those things which non-RPG fans will find so frustrating about this game are exactly what RPG fans have been missing from titles like Oblivion or Dragon Age. Expand
  37. Aug 21, 2011
    This book, err, I mean game is based on a Polish book called Blood of Elves. The story is very immerse, which was expected since it was made from a book to a game, with many characters who you begin to feel emotion for right after meeting them. The combat system of this game is very different from traditional RPG's. You have to click on at the right time to continue your over animatedThis book, err, I mean game is based on a Polish book called Blood of Elves. The story is very immerse, which was expected since it was made from a book to a game, with many characters who you begin to feel emotion for right after meeting them. The combat system of this game is very different from traditional RPG's. You have to click on at the right time to continue your over animated combos and you have three different attack styles, Strong, Fast, and Group which you must use depending on the enemy you're versing. You also have Steel Swords and Silver Swords. Steel Swords are most effective against humans, dogs, and wolves while the Silver Sword is most effective against monsters. The combat system is simple but very fun and engaging! The graphics are very good for the time the game was made but I was expecting to see cinematics with the graphics of the introduction but I believe those graphics are reserved for the first and final cinematic of the game. I wouldn't know, I'm still plying through it now, after months of addiction an family reunions avoided! The game really could have done without the sex scenes and cards. They add a cheesy touch that I hated! I haven't done any of them and don't intend to. Still a great game, missing 10 because of the unneeded sex. Expand
  38. Nov 14, 2011
    Oh boy was I surprised when I bought this game this year and found a pearl! This game instantly became one of my fav games of all the times! Everything about this game screams fantastic! Loved the story,game mechanics and graphics are not that bad for old game like this one. If u are the fan of the RPG's and like me missed this stunning game please do me a favor go and buy it now!!!!!!!!!
  39. Feb 20, 2012
    I love this game. I tell's a very good story, and the world is based on Andrzej Sapkowski's books.
    Graphic Engine is not bad. Characters are great. I love everything except one thing - combat mode is quite arcade, cause of clicking in right time and small maps, cause we can't explore them for unexcepted suprise.
  40. Jan 13, 2012
    First of all, I need say that I finished the game around December 2011. Although this is an old game, this is a very well-crafted game. Not to say it's the best, but very well crafted. Some complain that the combat is repetitive, but I think the combat of games are always repetitive. ( You don't fight A boss with turn-based, and fight B boss with Real Time Strategy in games, right?) ThisFirst of all, I need say that I finished the game around December 2011. Although this is an old game, this is a very well-crafted game. Not to say it's the best, but very well crafted. Some complain that the combat is repetitive, but I think the combat of games are always repetitive. ( You don't fight A boss with turn-based, and fight B boss with Real Time Strategy in games, right?) This game also has a nice story with multi endings. Graphic is still acceptable for a game this old. Took me around 45 Hours to complete. If you find this game with discount, it worth a try. P.S. I bought this from steam. Only cost me $4.99. Expand
  41. Dec 3, 2013
    The Witcher. I already knew Witcher books before the game came out, so when I saw it on a store shelf I grabbed it without hesitation. This was the right choice. I completed the game 2 times, with different choices. The story is very mature and interesting. This is not a fairy-tale-like RPGish nonsense, it's based on Witcher books which are one of the best European dark fantasy series.The Witcher. I already knew Witcher books before the game came out, so when I saw it on a store shelf I grabbed it without hesitation. This was the right choice. I completed the game 2 times, with different choices. The story is very mature and interesting. This is not a fairy-tale-like RPGish nonsense, it's based on Witcher books which are one of the best European dark fantasy series. Geralt is my favorite character ever in a video game, closely followed by Ezio Auditore. Other characters very also very memorable.
    The game offers you a decent size world to explore, but filled with quests, interesting characters and mini-games like epic brawls in pubs. It never feels empty. The monsters are unique to the series, you won't meet any stereotype zombies and vampires. The combat system lacks somewhat, as it's very easy even on hard difficulty. It's backed up by excellent alchemy system, each potion really matters and have unique and powerful effects. Creating them is surprisingly satisfying, and since you can have only a few active due to them being toxic you need to choose carefully. There are also firecrackers and oils, so the crafting system is pretty robust. Your character gains talents that are basically skill points, skill trees are HUGE but not overwhelming and each skill does something different and interesting.
    As a bonus the game comes with a level editor so you can play player-created maps and quests after finishing the main story line.
    So does the Witcher have any flaws?
    Well the voice acting of main characters is superb, but minor characters very often have same voices, which is somewhat annoying. Also like I mentioned above combat is very easy once you grasp the basics.
    The world could have been bigger, it often feels like you don't have much space to breathe although it's never empty !

Worse than the second part in the series, but still a great game on it's own it earns a 9/10
  42. Feb 19, 2012
    I have been playing PC games for many years and I must say that The Witcher is one of the finest games I have ever played. I enjoyed it's mature story and the world it takes place in is beautiful with a rich history. Decisions you must make are complex and require thought as they have an impact on the later parts of the game. The developer, CD Projekt Red, is one of the best out there.I have been playing PC games for many years and I must say that The Witcher is one of the finest games I have ever played. I enjoyed it's mature story and the world it takes place in is beautiful with a rich history. Decisions you must make are complex and require thought as they have an impact on the later parts of the game. The developer, CD Projekt Red, is one of the best out there. They care about their games AND the fans. If you enjoy RPG's and are looking for something different you owe it to yourself to pick this game up. You will not regret it. Oh, although I like the first Witcher better, the second it also fantastic and picks up right after the first. Both brilliant games. Expand
  43. Mar 6, 2012
    i am simply amazed by the game.after playing the first chapter i was about to uninstall the game but thankfully i dint.the first chapter is not that good but after that its amazing.the game lets you decide what you want to do and you will have consequences for every choice you make.now i am going to buy witcher 2.
  44. Mar 12, 2012
    2nd best polish game. One of the best RPGs ever, one of the best fantasy universes ever. : )
    I recommend this game and The Witcher Saga too! :D
    Dark and deep world with sclavinian style.
  45. Oct 10, 2013
    One of my favourite game for his great unlinear story, great characters, great soundtrack, good graphics and unique combat system, but there are few bugs, bad optimalization, but still i think this game is one of the best RPG games ever made.
  46. May 3, 2012
    This is a great RPG, hands down one of the best of this era. Not your slash and hack variety, it makes you use strategy and concentrate on what you're doing during battle. The dark, dismal atmosphere seems much more realistic than the puppies and rainbows most fantasy environments try to evoke. Do yourself a favor, this is an inexpensive game that stands up very well on it's own againstThis is a great RPG, hands down one of the best of this era. Not your slash and hack variety, it makes you use strategy and concentrate on what you're doing during battle. The dark, dismal atmosphere seems much more realistic than the puppies and rainbows most fantasy environments try to evoke. Do yourself a favor, this is an inexpensive game that stands up very well on it's own against more modern titles. Expand
  47. Mar 19, 2013
    Very good game, interesting story and characters, graphically beautiful even running on my old laptop, its not open world like Skyrim but gives you nonetheless a lot of freedom.
  48. Jul 22, 2012
    Sehr Gutes Rollenspiel !!!
  49. Jul 23, 2012
    This review really captures how I feel about this game: http://www.gainsense.com/2012/07/the-witcher-review-commentary.html. Basically, this game is AMAZING. I got it for less than $3 on Steam and I gotta say, CD Projekt Red looks like the new Bioware. Can't wait to fire up Witcher II after I finish this!
  50. Oct 15, 2012
    I bought the Enhanced Edition Directors Cut on Steam a while ago,I must say it is deep,enjoyable and you can smell the sewers and the streets in the second chapter.Combat is satisfying once you have upgraded your character a few levels,as I found it frustrating at first.If I would have known it was this good I would have bought the retail full price as it looked a nice edition.Once itI bought the Enhanced Edition Directors Cut on Steam a while ago,I must say it is deep,enjoyable and you can smell the sewers and the streets in the second chapter.Combat is satisfying once you have upgraded your character a few levels,as I found it frustrating at first.If I would have known it was this good I would have bought the retail full price as it looked a nice edition.Once it comes down in price a bit more I may still as I would like to have it as part of my collection.Haven't played Witcher 2 yet,but if this is anything to go by I will be playing it as soon as I have finished this great game,I am thoroughly enjoying it. Expand
  51. Jun 13, 2013
    A great game, but it needs polish. The gameplay is meh, amounting to little more than dodging, switching between swords and spells, and mashing the attack button, but the problem with this game is that it takes a long time to get going, this isn't a game for people who have little patience. Those who have the patience though, will be rewarded with a game that has an excellent story andA great game, but it needs polish. The gameplay is meh, amounting to little more than dodging, switching between swords and spells, and mashing the attack button, but the problem with this game is that it takes a long time to get going, this isn't a game for people who have little patience. Those who have the patience though, will be rewarded with a game that has an excellent story and lore surrounding it, and will be instantly immersed. Expand
  52. Feb 18, 2014
    I played the Witcher Enhanced Edition. There were flaws. It did crash on me a time or two. The combat mechanic took a little getting used to.
    But mostly I got caught up in the plot. Its been compared to a lot of games. Some of its generation, some coming after. But I don't know how anyone can compare it. Its as dark and mature as a game can come. But its not an open world. Its a kind of sandbox game, though the box is big enough you hardly notice it. Its a game driven by people and motivations. Really this game is like an engrossing novel. Without spoiling anything. This game is sporting the best twist in a game or show I've ever seen.
    Its a game that doesn't condescend. It is made for adults. (Unlike so many RPGs these days). The characters are characters. No one feel one dimensional. And the characters drive the plot.

I liked how when given dialogue options the character took your suggestion and said something along those lines but different. It added an element of unpredictability to dialogue.
    The whole thing with toxicity. Potions have a toxicity value. If you drink your way over 100 you die. As you get close to that point you see red flecks floating across the screen. The whole world changes when you drink Cat. All these things added a flavor to the game. Its like the first 2 Max Payne games. It has a style all its own. Its a game you play because your following the story and want to see what happens next.

And CD Projekt RED may just be the last bastion of sanity in the DRM craze that is sweeping games these days.
  53. Dec 22, 2012
    This is one of the best games I have played recently. Of course, there are bugs, glitches and it's not that non-linear as was expected, but the quality of the story telling is simply awesome! I never seen a game like this, where you fall into the story, like you read a book.
    If you want to love this game - read the book first. Unfortunately, the whole book series is not available in English yet (only two first novels). I am from Ukraine, so I had a chance to read all the books and watch TV series made by Polish TV. Maybe, that's a reason why it is great game for me. Try it and open yourself for this great story.
  54. Dec 27, 2012
    Its awesome game with awesome storyline and original action system. One of the best RPG ever. Impressive graphics as for 2007 and nice atosphere made this game
  55. Jan 27, 2013
    This game has flaws and is not perfect. But it's better than any RPG I have played before. So I gave it a 10 in hope of encouraging more games of this quality.
  56. Apr 1, 2013
    Very good start of the series. Game has great story, massive amount of sidequests. Fighting is a little bit difficult in the beginnig, but when you learn it, it gives much fun.
  57. Jun 14, 2013
    This is a game for real rpg fan. If You like Slavic climate You will found here the best world You ever dreamt of. Fighting system is like a poetry. Plot is marvelous like original A. Sapkowski books. Main character is a true hero with past and something to say in present. Sense of humor, music and surroundings will make You love this game. Also game is quite long but it doesn't getThis is a game for real rpg fan. If You like Slavic climate You will found here the best world You ever dreamt of. Fighting system is like a poetry. Plot is marvelous like original A. Sapkowski books. Main character is a true hero with past and something to say in present. Sense of humor, music and surroundings will make You love this game. Also game is quite long but it doesn't get boring. If You didn't play, You just have to. Expand
  58. Aug 28, 2013
    A true RPG masterpiece. I started playing after a friend of mine showed me the second part on the XBOX and then I saw it on sale last weekend with the first part, so I purchased both. I've played it for 12 hours but so far I feel this game has a really engaging story, likeable characters, your decisions truly affect what's going to happen afterwards. There are certain parts of the game youA true RPG masterpiece. I started playing after a friend of mine showed me the second part on the XBOX and then I saw it on sale last weekend with the first part, so I purchased both. I've played it for 12 hours but so far I feel this game has a really engaging story, likeable characters, your decisions truly affect what's going to happen afterwards. There are certain parts of the game you are going to miss if you play in a certain way. Finally a RPG that the main character isn't mute! DO YOU HEAR BETHESDA, take note of that! Not recommended for newcomers and people who like straightforward action, this is an rpg and requires character development and understanding of what things do and how the skills work. It promises a ton of hours of fun and certainly delivers. I'm starting to read the novels and at first the changes in the language of the characters, using swear words and so on felt kind of out of time but after a while I grew used to it and makes the narration more lively and lessens the tone in some of the heavier dialogue parts. I prefer this sort of tone than a recreation of how the characters would sound like at the time. It's on sale on Steam and certainly is worth the price! Stop wasting your money buying upgrades for Candy Crush and get yourselves a piece of RPG history. Expand
  59. Jun 14, 2013
    I have never seen a game as good as this before! I am playing it for the 3rd time, the soundtrack and the game's world makes me cry for going back into the 13th century. You must read the Andrzej Sapkowski novels, which are the best books I've ever read and they make the story line much much clearer.
    I want to be a witcher.
  60. Jun 21, 2013
    Once you get the hang of the unusual combat system (which will seem alien to most), there remains an incredibly touching and moving story of evil and hate, and being stuck somewhere between the two. Deep lore, which sets the game to have choices with what seems infinite possibilities, lays the way for great re-playability and a very interesting RPG.
    Only problems are having unusual times
    Only problems are having unusual times for your computer to be sent into full stress when loading or at menus. Although, this is the only performance bug I encountered, and it may be my problem.
  61. Jun 7, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Geralt of Rivia, the smoothest badass ever created.
    My friends recommended me this game. I was struggling a lot in the beginning as well as everyone who played The Witcher. I hated this game and at times came very close to uninstalling it. But I always thought "they said its good, there must be more to it" and kept playing. Indeed, after 3-5 hours into the game I understood. Behind a complicated story, totally ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ talents and combat mechanics there lies one of the best RPG games I've ever played. After you grip the overall gameplay it will stop to irritate you and patterns will start to display. You will be able to enjoy the rich and immersive story, full of intrigues and twists and also those weird combats. The story is the strongest part of the game, it is very mature where decisions are hard with serious consequences and are never good or evil. They just define your political and personal preferences as you progress from an outcast monster killer. The game is also very long. I like to fulfill every quest, check all chests and barrels and enjoy games in general. With such approach, The Witcher took me 65 hours to finish. Every second was definitely worth it. Do yourself a favor, buy the game and play it. Don't get demotivated by prologue and the first act, keep playing and eventually you will get consumed, I guarantee you that. Last time this happened to me was when I played Fallout 2 few years ago, this game quite reminded me of it and I thank its creators for that.
  62. Sep 9, 2013
    I am playing this in 2013, for the first time. The Witcher is a long, immersive, detailed RPG. The story's flow is similar to likes of Baldur's Gate. The dialogue is mature, with some dry humour thrown in. Slightly different to your classic Warrior-Mage-Priest-Protagonist RPG types when it comes to character development, in that you are primarily a sword-user who can mix in various formsI am playing this in 2013, for the first time. The Witcher is a long, immersive, detailed RPG. The story's flow is similar to likes of Baldur's Gate. The dialogue is mature, with some dry humour thrown in. Slightly different to your classic Warrior-Mage-Priest-Protagonist RPG types when it comes to character development, in that you are primarily a sword-user who can mix in various forms of magic during combat, as well as crafted/purchased potions. Combat itself can be a little difficult at times, but you get used to the click-to-combo fight style after a few hours (I found playing a warrior in Dragon Age to be harder). It covers mature themes and is probably not for children. If you had not played this when it came out many years ago this can fill the void. It's as enjoyable as Baldur's Gate and Dragon Age and while it's closer to those games than Skyrim, it tries to offer a similar level of lore and fantasy. A tremendous effort by the developers, and one for the history books. Expand
  63. Jul 27, 2013
    To Put It Simply This is the one of the best rpgs ever mage witcher 2 is more amazing than 1 but if you have a normal gaming rig you can play the witcher in maxed out settings stunning graphics compared to any other rpgs till 2010 stunning story and gameplay highly addictive
  64. Aug 4, 2013
    I just played this for the first time and it still holds up well even five years later. The quests are great, the narrative is engaging and intelligent and I felt like the choices I made for Geralt had real consequences. I also enjoyed the fact that there was no judgment or sense that the choices would be right or wrong. Combat was intuitive and you can see Geralt turn into a powerhouseI just played this for the first time and it still holds up well even five years later. The quests are great, the narrative is engaging and intelligent and I felt like the choices I made for Geralt had real consequences. I also enjoyed the fact that there was no judgment or sense that the choices would be right or wrong. Combat was intuitive and you can see Geralt turn into a powerhouse swordsman by game's end.

Only two criticisms: 1. The game is an absolute gpu hog. I had to overclock my Radeon HD 7970 to get the frames even close to stable. I also have a six core processor, so I wonder if the game was optimized in the best way or not. 2. The Raven armor is only available at the very end of the game, and while I understand the reasoning, I had little time to enjoy the benefits of having it.

If you haven't, pick it up. And I would suggest using the over-the-shoulder camera for the best experience in terms of movement and gameplay.
  65. Oct 17, 2013
    Despite a lot of flaws and shortcomings The Witcher the best single-player fantasy CRPG of all published since Baldur`s Gate. The game is not standard and has an incredible atmosphere. The Witcher it is a rare product of the gaming industry, and industry role-playing games in particular. The game does not have the analog. The case when the developers have put own soul into the game, andDespite a lot of flaws and shortcomings The Witcher the best single-player fantasy CRPG of all published since Baldur`s Gate. The game is not standard and has an incredible atmosphere. The Witcher it is a rare product of the gaming industry, and industry role-playing games in particular. The game does not have the analog. The case when the developers have put own soul into the game, and did so with the mind. The only flaw of the game in my opinion is old graphics engine, but otherwise it's a masterpiece. The game gives an unforgettable experience when passing... get used to the role of Geralt of Rivia and live... Expand
  66. Oct 20, 2013
    There isn't any perfect game, but i haven't met a storiline like this before. Great graphics, great soundtrack, good combat (for an rpg), good paragraphs. The ballance isnt the best, but it gives some time of prepering, and thinking before big battles and overal. When I first played the game, it had half an our loading screens on my pc, now with the enhanced ed and my laptop its around 3There isn't any perfect game, but i haven't met a storiline like this before. Great graphics, great soundtrack, good combat (for an rpg), good paragraphs. The ballance isnt the best, but it gives some time of prepering, and thinking before big battles and overal. When I first played the game, it had half an our loading screens on my pc, now with the enhanced ed and my laptop its around 3 seconds. So this game is really close to my heart, and I think its a classic of the genre:D Expand
  67. Nov 14, 2013
    Graphics: The games graphics do look great, with nice lighting and good character design. It’s Still not the best, especially for a 2007 game. Some of the environment looks unrealistic like the plants for example have no sense of life to them, overall though it still looks good. 8.
    Sound: Amazing calming themes, and great voice acting. 10.
    Gameplay: The gameplay is unique because
    Sound: Amazing calming themes, and great voice acting. 10.
    Gameplay: The gameplay is unique because it’s different from any game that I have played before. For starters the combat system is what makes this game unique. You have three different stances and different weapons which each are for particular type of enemies. Say your fighting a short dwarf, a stance changed to the hip would allow you to kill that particular enemy quicker, and if there’s a taller or bigger enemy that is attacking then a stance change where the witcher holds the sword above his head would be required. Now it’s not free combat where you just freely swing your weapon around. Instead you click on an enemy and the witcher begins to attack, then the arrow lights up and you must time your clicks with the mouse to keep the flow of combat going. Though this is something new, at times it feels overused and begins to get boring. Althought its always satisfying to switch to the lowest stance and hit enemies that surround you. The game is also a open world game similar to the elder scrolls games, but instead broken into chapter with each new chapter taking you to a newer area, or expanding on a previous one. The game is also similar to mass effect with conversation, and even allows you to make several choices which make an impact on the story. You can also develop relationships with characters such as romance, and earn sex cards for doing so. The leveling system is simple and there are plenty of skills to go through, although some may find it complex at first. The game allows for professions such as alchemy. 9.
    Story: I got lost trying to keep up with the story, because in the beginning its boring, but as you progress through the game, and near the end, it is satisfying. The game ends with a cliff hanger. 9.
    Lasting Appeal: Took me about 18 hours to complete the game, it’s definitely worth the 5 or 10 bucks I bought it from a steam sale (can’t remember exact price). 10.
    Overall Score: 9.2 out of 10.
  68. Jul 7, 2014
    Finally got into The Witcher series, in preparation for the upcoming TW3, decided to start at the beginning, didn't expect all that much, but after about 50 hours of pure RPG bliss it took me to finish this, all I can say is WOW! and rank The Witcher among the very best RPG genre has to offer.

Classic RPG feeling, really good story, important decisions, interesting characters, nicely improved point&click combat system, for the time surprisingly beautiful visuals, humour, fun mini games, extensive alchemy, but what stole my heart the most were 2 things - setting and music. Impressively portrayed environments, not the typical dragons and crazy colored high fantasy, but rather more realistic medieval and darker European setting, I just loved exploring these locations, villages, cities, farming summer fields, forests and swamps. And on top of that, what truly glorifies this title is absolutely stunning soundtrack that fits every location perfectly and creates unforgettable moods, captivating you in its atmospheric embrace.

All the problems I heard about The Witcher such as the long loading times, bugs and crashes seemed to be all fixed in this enhanced edition as I never came across any problems and could enjoy this delightful RPG experience 100%.

Extremely pleasant surprise and one of the best titles in the genre. Now I'm just worried whether the next TW chapters will be even able to live up to this gem. 10/10
  69. Jun 22, 2014
    I began to play the Witcher Enhanced Edition as a means to an end to play the second one and understand it. I thought it would be pretty dull and clumsy to play - in the words of Thorin Oakenshield, never have I been more wrong. This game has a distinct style, constant badassery, and great gameplay and quests. I was amazed that CD Projekt Red actually pulled off a game dripping with thisI began to play the Witcher Enhanced Edition as a means to an end to play the second one and understand it. I thought it would be pretty dull and clumsy to play - in the words of Thorin Oakenshield, never have I been more wrong. This game has a distinct style, constant badassery, and great gameplay and quests. I was amazed that CD Projekt Red actually pulled off a game dripping with this much content in 2007/8. Intriguing plot, actually interesting and real characters, and great locations (despite their lack of geographical variance). Onwards to the Witcher 2! Expand
  70. Feb 20, 2014
    It was real fun work. Funny story and immerse it in a high degree of freedom in the game. It was a little uncomfortable, but the combat system was okay.
  71. May 20, 2014
    Cons:
    -The fighting system is kinda primitive.
    -The pacing can get slow at times. Pros: -Excellent story -Excellent characters, specially Geralt. -Awesome decision system and the way those decisions determine the events of the game. -The morale of the game rejects black and white perspectives, giving it a more realistic feel. -DRM free. -You collect cards of the girls you nail!
    Cons:
    -The fighting system is kinda primitive.
    -The pacing can get slow at times.

Pros:
    -Excellent story
    -Excellent characters, specially Geralt.
    -DRM free.
    -You collect cards of the girls you nail! XD
    -Minigames like dice poker are fun.
    -Amazing music.
  72. Jul 4, 2014
    Игра шедевр. Одна только разветвленка в сюжете чего стоит. На данный момент самая лучшая игра во всем

The main adventure still has serious pacing problems, combat's still too easy for the most part, and load times -- though reduced -- continue to get in the way of the action.
  2. The new and improved package is increasingly attractive. There are still some rough edges, and moments of genuine drama are still undercut by how they're performed, but this is an agreeably driven RPG in an agreeably ornate package.
  3. Finally, The Witcher fulfills its potential, and, best of all, it's available as a free update, just in case you bought it anyway. [Nov 2008, p.110]