8.9

1. Oct 11, 2013
    Telltale has done it again this is definitely a must buy! The art style is yet again amazing the controls are fluid and responsive the story is compelling and the characters are loveable!
    Can't wait for episode 2!
  2. Oct 11, 2013
    This game is just freaking awesome. If you like "The Walking Dead" game or lone wolf (no pun intended) detective stories you wont be disappointed with this one. Buy it, play it and see it for yourself how badass this game is.
  3. Oct 11, 2013
    Telltale has proven, once again, that it's capable of crafting amazing games out of equally amazing licenses. "The Wolf Among Us" is shaping up to become yet another home run for the team, as it proves how well the world and it's characters can be transformed into a video game in the hands of incredibly capable individuals. It isn't "The Walking Dead", but neither should it. There are several similarities when it comes to gameplay, but both the story and the setting itself differ greatly from the tone of Kirkman's work. As something more of a mystery/detective type of game it instantly feels refreshing and different. The artwork and visuals are fantastic, especially if you're a fan of the comics, since they have an even more striking resemblance to the source material than TWD did (mostly because those comics are in black and white, of course). When it comes to story, "The Wolf..." delivers an interesting plot with several twists and turns with a side order of choice and consequence. Characters are well fleshed out, for a 1st episode, and are all done justice by providing them both solid voice actors and great dialogue. Even Bigby himself sounds like the sarcastic badass he is. Oh, and the soundtrack. Yes, the soundtrack. It's great. Ready for the next episode! Expand
  4. Oct 11, 2013
    I like Noir. I like Fairy Tales. I like Telltale's The Walking Dead adventure game. This should spell out success, and to be honest, it really does. If you do not like these three things, or perhaps even two of the three things I just spoke about, you might not like this game. Let's talk about why.

Noir -

Whether you have your 20s/30s Noir with the rain-slicked streets, heavy
    smoking and drinking detectives, dames in distress that walk into the private eye's door, or your late 80s counter part with the neon lights and modern descents into darkness you certainly will certainly feel the role. This game has you traveling various areas, dealing with people in a way where you might play polite, or rough house them in some of the most violent ways imaginable.

Some people had an issue with the combat in The Walking Dead, and in my opinion, that was a bit of a weak link in the series. TWAU (The Wolf Among Us) has really been tightened up and the combat is incredibly fast and fluid. It feels precisely how it should feel. And it's a blast. Particularly I like how you feel like you are choreographing your own personal chaotic ballet. I might shove somebody into a sink, or those ugly looking bookshelves. I might even toss the bugger out a window. Why not rip a limb off? It could happen. Visceral, bloody fun.

Course you're also a detective. You're poking around, talking to mystery women, glimpsing for clues, and exposing lies. It's great fun. And hopefully we will get to do more of it in the later episodes. And of course the murder mystery that starts off is already showing plenty of layers and developing interesting characters that will have a big part to play the further you go. And the way it goes? Well TellTale is promising that the story will big significantly impacted by choices you make. Hopefully more than The Walking Dead which did take choice into consideration, but in the end it seemed a bit of a moot point, didn't it?

Fairy Tales -

Perhaps you're a big fan of Grimms Fairytales or maybe ABC's Once Upon a Time. This game is based off the Fables comic by writer Bill Willingham for DC's Vertigo line. It depicts many characters you could be familiar with such as Bluebeard, Snow White, The Big Bad Wolf, Ichabod Crane, etc. The game is a prequel taking 20 years before the comic. So for fans of the comics, it is an interesting companion piece. However while the game might reward you for having some prior knowledge into the comics, I can testify to having never read the comic series before. The game was still fun and I found the characters involved since they know each other. You feel a certain sense of direction with Bigby Wolf (the protagonist) in that everyone is either afraid or suspicious of you. You can either keep that going or try to soften their hearts. I suspect you can't do too much though due to the fact that there is that comic series that it has to blend into by the end.

There are definitely some unique twists with the characters that you will find out too. Definitely fairy tale characters flipped upside.

The Walking Dead -

I mention this only because the game is very similar. You still have the four options for dialogue. You still have the QTEs (Quick Time Events) that predominate most of the action in the game. The puzzles that were in the Walking Dead (some rather asinine like the one involving the train) seem to be replaced by ones that are a lot more straight forward and blend in with the detective scenario. In other words, puzzles don't appear to get into the way.

To be honest this first episode seemed to show off the combat a bit more. It seems like everyone wants a piece of the Big Bad Wolf. Considering how tight the gameplay is for these events, I think it makes sense. The story is already impressive. So fixes in the gameplay are in order.

There are some that are complaining about frame rate drops. I don't really recall seeing much of that in my game. I did however have issues getting the game to run in Windows 8. It seems like every TellTale game I buy seems to have that issue. I resolved this by finding a dll file called "DINPUT8.dll" and copy and pasting it into the game's directory. I don't know if this is a steam related issue or not, but it promptly made the game playable.

I didn't have any other problems with the game, but due to the fact that the average person might freak out if they can't play the game on their computer after purchasing, I docked the game a point. Patience, of course, and google search (or browsing the game's forum on steam) will provide help but it seems odd to me that an important dll file would be missing. Kinda breaks the game you know?

Art style is crisp and is a much better representation of a graphic novel than the Walking Dead. Music is spot on. If you like the three aforementioned points, I suggest you buy the game.
  5. Oct 12, 2013
    Telltale has this innate way of forming a connecting to players in their games. Wolf Among Us is no exception. Although it is early days for this marvellous piece of narrative genius, the story has a hook to it. The protagonist, Sheriff Bigby, formerly known as the Big Bad Wolf, is now in charge of keeping numerous fable characters from each other's throats. He can be a likeable character, who's just misunderstood by the community of Fables that surrounds him. Or he can live up to his name and be cold and ruthless. He is, in a sense, a canvas that has little known back story for the purpose of the player being able to create their own protagonist.

Elements of Telltale's brilliant Walking Dead Game are on display in this new adventure. Choice and consequence, characters responding to what you do (or don't) say, same basic game play mechanics. However there are some nice touches to compliment the noire style game they have created. The art is already much darker, neon lights and a slick 80s style score give this the perfect feel of a New York murder thriller. Fights are now much more engaging. Having the player aim for a specific spot to land a blow in the heat of a fight would make anyone in their right mind tense up and feel under pressure. Along with this, we are also given more interaction in these sequences. Choosing whether or not to send a man flying into a sink or a bookcase adds that extra depth to the game.

The world itself is beautifully designed, both physically and socially. Wandering the dark moonlit streets of New York city is a surreal experience given the fairytale touches every now and again. The characters are the crowning achievement in this game though. Most of them are given specific and thick accents, and Telltale takes any chance to destroy the conventions of a once innocent fairy tale character. The writing is superb and the voice actors bring these characters to life. Even after spending twenty minutes with one character, you'll know exactly who they are due to you recognizing them from your youth and more than that you'll connect with them. In good or bad ways. It hurts when they are taken away from you. In a simple way of putting it, if Bigby gets mad, it's a safe bet you will. You may find yourself doing things you never would have done in the Walking Dead Game. Playing the bad guy. But in the Walking Dead you had control. In Wolf Among Us, chances are you won't care how it impacts the story you just feel as if you need to in order to satisfy yourself. It's this kind of connection that makes this game so special.

Of course, like any game, there are bugs. Bugs like the frame stuttering during cut scenes or bad camera angles. But these can be forgiven as they aren't major deal breakers. All in all, the first episode of Telltales venture into fairyland has proved itself as a surprising and magical experience. There are funny times, disturbing times, sad times or times of intense rage, and they all combine into one of the best games of the year. Only time will tell if Telltale can pull this off with the rest of the season, but the first episode is an amazing beginning.
  6. Oct 12, 2013
    A truly great game by its own that doesn't live in the shadows of The Walking Dead. In fact, in certain aspects of the game such as texture quality and the weight of the choices you make this first episode is actually better than the first episode of TWD. The only things that upset me a bit were the normal Telltale frame rate hiccups and tiny glitches while switching between scenes. A must buy, no doubt. Expand
  7. Oct 12, 2013
    Fantastic. If you liked Walking Dead's gameplay, you'll love this one. Admittedly a fan of the comics, but I don't think that's necessary to like this game. Deep characters, tense action, and a thrilling mystery will keep me coming back and replaying episodes. Play this game.
  8. Oct 13, 2013
    My only problem so far, is no episode 2 yet.
    First of all: I bought the game on amazon, and got a Telltale key. Damn, I was angry at myself, because of course, i wanted to activate the game on steam... but heck, i wrote to the support. And to my suprise: they provided me a steam key in half day, even if it was my mistake to buy it on the "wrong platform"

The game itself is simply
    great. I have a 5 years old laptop, running on minimum, yet the graphics looks amazing and stylish.
    The humor of the game is always at the right time and right place. The first episode proved to be interesting, and from the first opening scene to the last one I couldn't stop. Finished it in one sit.
    And of course, the storytelling is one of the most important part in a game like this. And oh my god... you thought TWD is great? Think twice, baby.

TL;DR: So far, TWAU lived up to all my expectations and even more. If they continue like this, many-many game of the year award will follow this piece of art.
  9. Oct 12, 2013
    This game is f******* brilliant, can I say that on here, brilliant? Good. The team at Telltale Games took everything that was right with the walking dead and then Improved on it. Sure it is in ways a visual novel and your only involvement in the story are QTE's, but they are done so well and the story carries such a pace most players won't mind it. The graphics are a bit sharper than the walking dead and it seems as though the texture quality has improved as well. They added pop-ups to the top of the screen indicating how the characters reacted to your choices and that they will remember it in the future so you know exactly where your decisions are coming into play. As far as the story goes the writers have done a unique take on tales we all know and love from when we were kids, you play as Bigby (Big B, Big Bad Wolf) who is a cop in a town full of "fables" characters from well...fables. Only in his town things get a little mature, don't be surprised to see lots of blood, violence, swearing, alcohol and nudity. Bigby is attempting to solve a crime when he is seemingly dragged into the criminal underworld and left to fend for himself. There may not be an emotional attachment like Clementine (Walking Dead) right off, but the story is good enough that it keeps you interested through the first episode and definitely left me wanting more. Worth every penny of the $25 price tag.

TL:DR Buy the game.
  10. Oct 12, 2013
    If you liked the amazing writing, magnificent characters and meaningful decisions of The Walking Dead, you won't be disappointed here. The Wolf Among Us sports a fresh roaster of instantly relatable characters in a colorful and stylistically brilliant graphical environment, both taken from and inspired by the Fables comic book series (which you don't need to know to enjoy the wonderfully written story). The voice acting is once again fabulous and varied, each new character offers a convincing, interesting background. Situations as well as decision making never got stale or felt unimportant. I encountered neither technical hiccups (the PC version being the definite one performance wise) nor any bugs. I finished the episode in about 2 hours, leaving me satisfied, yet wanting more. Still, you can replay it at least once, just to see what difference your decisions make in terms of story development. For fans of fantastic storytelling in video games, or a great experience in general, this is an easy buy. Expand
  11. Oct 11, 2013
    Telltale Games starts out strong in the first episode of "The Wolf Among Us"(TWAU) and proves that the previous success with "The Walking Dead"(TWD) wasn't a fluke.
    The gameplay has developed and the action scenes are much smoother and fun to play this time around. This goes for most mechanics and the game feel more polished than previous titles. There is also some investigation and
    interrogation scenes that add variation to the gameplay.
    The story is unique and the familiar characters you meet all have some twist to them that makes them feel more human than they are. It is an interesting world we get to explore a small part of and I hope that it is expanded upon as the season plays out.
    If Telltale manages to keep the story going and the quality steady "TWAU" is going to be a strong contestant to "TWD" for the champion title. This first episode impressed me far more than the first of "TWD", but it all comes down to the overall quality of the season. I, for one, am already jumping in my chair waiting for the next episode.
    If you liked Telltales previous titles this game is a sure thing, but it is also worth the price if you like adventure games in general or unique twists to old formulas.
  12. Oct 12, 2013
    Absolutely amazing piece of ambrosia. I went into this game with so low expectations, despite Telltale''s masterful Walking Dead series. Boy, was i wrong... This game is absolute epic and one of the GOTY pretenders with ease. Its still only one episode but if i compare it to the first walking dead episode, Wolf Among us is so much better in terms of dialogue, characters, plot and even gameplay. If you were like me and you hated the setting just take my words for it you will change your opinion in couple of hours if you buy this game NOW Expand
  13. Oct 13, 2013
    Just amazing...! Couldnt put it down from start to finish... I wasn't so sure about using fables but its clear they have created something so original. Walking dead was awesome but if the rest of the episodes are like this then Wolf among us will be better! BUT WHY DO THEY HAVE TO DO EPISODES!!! I want the whole story NOW!
  14. Oct 13, 2013
    As expected from telltale games another great episode at first i was like what is this why didn't they give us the second season of the walking dead but after i finished it i somehow forgot about that and couldn't wait for the second episode
  15. Oct 16, 2013
    I myself played the entire season of walking dead and could not wait for this to come out, well it didn't fall short. Great art style and amazing story immerse the player and keep them thinking about what their next choice should be. I recommend this to anyone who likes great stories and big choices in a game. 10/10
  16. Oct 22, 2013
    Another Telltale successful game! The story is surprisingly great even though I did not understand it at first. This game truly shows how Telltale has improved from their previous games. Can't wait for the next episodes!
  17. Oct 16, 2013
    The Wolf Among Us raises the bar for narrative and character all the same in this edge of your seat noir murder mystery. Without giving much away, this game features an incredbly unique world filled with interesting and often times hard to read characters and fantastic (and often times cheeky) lore. The first episode is gripping from start to finish, and truly demands some quick thinking and demanding choice making to make this adventure your own. It also talkles, in unique ways, many hard to convey themes; hopefully the series continues this trend of mature story-telling without being obscene.

This is a dark and winding fantasy tale that any TellTale fan or gamer looking for something starkly refreshing should definitley give a shot; especially if you love fantastic art design, great character development and incredible worlds you want to explore deeply.
  18. Oct 19, 2013
    if you were a fan of the walking dead you will definitely love this game, however if you come in expecting it to be full of action or difficult puzzles, this game like the walking is an awesome story telling method, and is perfect in its genre
  19. Nov 17, 2013
    Great game. If you like The Walking Dead you have to try it. Bit it's different from it, more action than gathering. Characters are really nice. and now you have more choices than in TWD. As for me, i liked it more than TWD, characters in Wolf are more interesting and wider.
  20. Oct 18, 2013
    This game needs more attention. Beyond: Two Souls out-shined this, but I find The Wolf Among Us to be a much better game due to consequences actually having an impact unlike Beyond. This game keeps its style and their gameplay similar to The Walking Dead, but I find myself more intrigued by this game due to it being more interesting, by adding a dark feeling to the art, and adapting the story from Fables (A fantastic comic). Even though Walking Dead is more easy to relate to, The Wolf Among Us captures my attention better, and never fails to disappoint me (so far), where Walking Dead has at some points. I have a feeling Telltale learned from some criticism about Walking Dead, and improved it in The Wolf Among Us. That is why I have a feeling that The Wolf Among Us will surpass its predecessor. Expand
  21. Oct 18, 2013
    Telltale did very good story telling again. The main Character(s?) are not that interesting so far in this episode 1 than in walking dead, but side Characters are more interesting because they are from stories. Story is interesting. You just want to see what happens next. Sadly there wasn't hard choices (yet i bet), but i really hope there will be in next episodes( really cant wait for them)

Good work from the voice actors also. And about the gameplay well there isn't that much. I don't really mind that, i like following the story. Just easy, laying back style works for me and many others i assume. If you loved walking dead you like this one. Just buy it already, its cheap if you ask me 2-3 hours first episode. It really worth's the 4 euros (season pass: 5 episodes 20 euros or 5 euros if you don't buy the season pass.

With all this said i will give this Episode 9 of 10.

story 9 out of 10.

Characters i will give 9 out of 10.

gameplay 8 out of 10.
  22. Oct 13, 2013
    This episode was great, the mood was fantastic and the "new" system for interaction feels good. The only thing that I didn't like was the feeling that you didn't get to "play" the game as much as you would in the walking dead. It was more watching than playing but I don't mid it that much.
  23. Oct 14, 2013
    It's pretty simple, IF you like Walking Dead, you'll like the Wolf Among Us.

The Wolf Among Us is a solid next release after the Walking Dead. Really it is Walking Dead without bugs (none that I've encountered), different art style and different universe. The play style (adventure based QTE) and gritty story are both present with the reemergence of their decision interactions.

I
    felt the first chapter of the Walking Dead's voice acting was pretty bad but then got significantly better with the second and later chapters. Wolf Among Us starts off with get voice acting that draws you in and will emotionally guide you into decisions if you aren't engaged.

For 25 bucks, less than half of other story-based QTE-styled adventure games (like Beyond Two Souls), you will find the first chapter of this season very enjoyable and entertaining. Lets hope the next 4 chapters are this sticking good.
  24. Oct 22, 2013
    i can't believe what i just played..... the game is freakin awesome,great soundtrack,gameplay,level design and the awesome characters, oh man the story is really something very new and the choices you make are bigger than these in the walking dead,also the gameplay is way better than that in the walkin dead.
    simply the game is a MUST play.....thank you Telltale, you just made my day.
    i
    can't wait for the next episodes but from what i see,this game gonna be better than the walking dead and i expect a great ending. Expand
  25. Nov 13, 2013
    Awesome. Just awesome. Great. Epic. If you liked TWD you will LOVE THIS.
    There is no arguing about that. There was some laughs (Woodsman's confession cracked me up LOL), there is mystery, but MOST IMPORTANTLY there is a kick right in the feels, done in perfect fashion. No game has induced such a strong feeling of a loss in me so far (maybe except dying in DayZ but that was smt very
    different), I swear just a bit more and I would burst in tears...or transform into a Big Bad Werewolf and go onto a killing spree, don't know what's worse.
    Keep it up Telltale. You are now officially my favorite publisher/developer. Love your work
  26. Oct 14, 2013
    Incredible first episode of this new game, definately Telltale are improving themselves with this game.

Its better than The Walking Dead in EVERYTHING.

The art is incredible, the graphics look better, the story and setting are incredibly original, the characters are also much better.

If you enjoyed Telltale's The Walking Dead, this is a MUST BUY for you.
  27. Oct 21, 2013
    Its probably not correct to call this a game. It is, to my mind at least, a fully realized alternate ending story book. When D&D first came out in the 70's the boom in science fiction and fantasy was enormous. This included the creation of "alternate ending books" ones where you would read the story until you were faced with an important choice. Once you made that choice the book directed you to the next set of relevant pages.

As a piece of storytelling and art, this first chapter is remarkable. Well written, dark cell shaded graphics (which is a style I love), great voice acting and wide variety of choice makes this another must play piece of art. To view this as a game is not really appropriate. As a piece of fiction with some limited interaction and great art its a winner.

As such this will not be for everyone and certainly will catch a lot of die hard gamers by surprise as they find its not long in the game mechanics department. As a game, reviewing it solely as a game, I would rate it a 2. But knowing that its more about a narrative and choice and about interactive art I am easily able to rate it a 9.
  28. Nov 11, 2013
    It`s just a god damn great! Its bad, that it don`t have Russian, but WHO CARES, when it`s a god damn great game! I don`t know, why Metascore critics don`t like this game so much, because this game is a GOD DAMN GREAT!
    Not Game of the Year, but this is so GOD DAMN GREAT!
  29. Nov 15, 2013
    An amazing introduction into the world of Fables. While I fell in love with The Walking Dead, The Wolf Among Us has a more immersive storyline due to the constant mystery that lingers throughout each scene. The UI looks beautiful and the music is also chilling and atmospheric. A great game to get lost in.
  30. Nov 10, 2013
    Again, Telltale has a masterpiece right in their hands. The game feels more like a playable movie. The character development is astounding. You actually felt for the characters and wanted to do stuff with them. Next, the graphics improved upon the predecessor of Telltale's "The Walking Dead". The graphics look gorgeous maxed out and no frame rate issues on the PC. Finally, you just didn't know where the story will go next. It could change from good to worse or worse to great. The story always kept me on my toes for the good 2 hours.
    A great first episode nonetheless. I can't wait for the next entries!
  31. Oct 17, 2013
    Again. Telltale did a beautiful new franchise again, this year was a year where the great become small (Except GTA V and The Last Of Us) and the small became grandiose, the story of wolf and Fabletown with beauty and beast, snow and pig Telltale did get my 10 again, and with a gut-wrenching finale made ​​me mark on the calendar the date of its new episode smoke and mirros.
  32. Oct 13, 2013
    The wolf among us is made by Telltale games who made the walking dead(the good one) based off the comics.The wolf among us is also based on a comic on fables.it says that fables are no tale and that they live among us.So in the game you will meet a lot of familiar faces,Like the big bad wolf,Beauty,beast,snow white etc.The game works similar as the walking dead but with a few improvements.The movement seems a bit clunky when the camera moves places.Not much to gameplay its simple.But the story is awesome!
    You play as bigsby wolf (the big bad wolf!) and in the night your friend calls you to investigate something in his apartment.I wont say much because its an experience to be had since you have your own choices.All the characters are well done and voice acted and all are unique.Overall despite a few things i love the game so far!
  33. Oct 21, 2013
    I very rarely give a 10. I make an exception here. The setting is kinda odd, but this is a Telltale game at its finest nonetheless. Absolutely a musthave game. The story is engaging and the charakters in it are new and interesting. This is well above bioware storytelling with its own style. I cant wait for this to continue! It draws you in so strongly and is so thrilling, that i will wait till all episodes are out, before i play it trough. Expand
  34. Oct 22, 2013
    This is my first adventure game I bought after a long time. I'm happy I did it and can recommend this game to everyone.

The graphics is great, the sound and the intensive atmosphere too. I love the story and the game rules.

The only small thing to improve is the time delay for the subtitles. If you are not a native English speaker it is good to have subtitles. But in this game they
    disappear to fast.

The game is great. BUY IT!
  35. Nov 13, 2013
    Great and very deep and somber game. The storytelling is perfect, and the characters are alive so you won't be just a spectator but will have much more feelings about game events. The graphics are well-looking, similar to The Walking Dead series. The sound and music are great, and it makes the game much better than a simple graphic novel. Can't wait for the new episodes!
  36. Nov 16, 2013
    If you don't expect to solve any real puzzles, and accept the fact that this is more of an interactive story than an adventure game, then this game is pretty much the best it can get...
    Gripping story and characters, nice investigations and great graphics and music create a fantastic atmosphere. If you liked walking dead, this takes things to a new level...Play it now!
  37. Nov 21, 2013
    Finished Episode 1 and it's already my fav game this year...can't wait for Ep. 2, just a jewel of an adventure/crime game. What can I say to convince you? My hands are still shaking, masterpiece please give this game a chance. I'm happy I did.
  38. Dec 11, 2013
    My best Steam winter sales buy. Wow blown away by the story, how you feel involved and the soundtrack is truly remarkable. You will dream of this game, I guarantee it!
    So rare and precious!
    The best 2013 surprise to date.
  39. Dec 2, 2013
    This game is truly a gem. I didn't think I would like it since I wasn't very hooked on the Walking Dead game but I was drawn in from the first minute with this game. Between the great animation and the way choices affect even just this episode, I can't wait until the rest of the episodes. Bravo to Telltale games.
  40. Dec 21, 2013
    Started playing telltale games when "walking dead" came out. This game is totally different, some people call it a movie with interactive choices. I like this concept. it worked for "the walking dead". The wolf among Us, is everything "the walking dead" was. The graphics are stellar, smooth control of your choices/actions. Keep up the great work Telltale games!
  41. Oct 24, 2013
    At first when I played through the episode I thought this was short. Then when sitting at this review I also realized I've already played through it 3 times haha so in reality the gametime i put into it was beyond satisfactory. First off, hats off to Telltale because this is not only as good as Walking Dead but it is better in my opinion, I'm a fan of Walking Dead and easily liked the characters and Telltales style of the game and how it worked was all new and great to me, but The Wolf Among Us is a world that is so intriguing to me, I found the game so enticing and couldn't stop playing (like the other Telltale games). But this game is still a huge improvement to me, I find the story more compelling and intriguing. I highly recommend The Wolf Among Us, I know I purchased the season pass right away because I fell in love with Walking Dead and this looked so cool. But I highly encourage people to play Telltale's games! FANTASTIC Expand
  42. Jan 8, 2014
    awesome game tell tale u done it again this game bring out all the fairy tale creature into real world add mysterious i love game entirely just hope second episode be as good as first one
  43. Dec 10, 2013
    God this first episode is amazing, i cant wait two see whats in stall for episode 2, yet im starting to get worried that TellTale have taking on 2 many projects for 2014: The Wolf Among Us, The Walking Dead(S2), Game Of Thrones and Tales from The Borderlands, this seems like WAY w much for any publisher and developer
  44. Dec 18, 2013
    At first, though it may appear simple, it has a more detailed, interesting, intriguing and darker story. The character you 'play' as is the Big Bad Wolf (Yes, the one of the fables), Lurking the streets of Fabletown trying protect its fable population. Can the past be wiped or forgotten? NO. Thus how the plot unveils itself while you search for the antagonist of the newest problem that has arisen and you must be BIG and BAD... or you might become an actual hero. Indeed, this is not 100% game, but a graphic adventure novel that abuses heavily of QTE. If you are looking for an actual game, this is not it. But if you are looking for a great "TV-series" in which you have some control of the story then this is a MUST. I shall look forward for new episodes for I intend to enjoy every single bit of Bigby and his temperament. Expand
  45. Nov 29, 2013
    Compared to the walking dead, this is an improvement in every way. The characters are actually sympathetic and I care what happens to them. The setting is beautiful, music well placed and composed. The player controlled areas are no longer tedious, like they were in the Walking Dead. And most importantly, the plot is among the best I've seen in a game.
  46. Nov 2, 2013
    Oh god, I swear, I... I... JUST, WAH
    Those really were my thoughts when I finished this chapter, and I swear to god it was one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had the pleasure to draught. And I just gulped that piece of gaming technology right in, I swear, it just boggles you how well everything unfolds, how in tune with the characters you are, and finally, how EPIC the story
    seems so far. PLEASE JUST BUY IT, RIGHT NOW!!!! Expand
  47. Oct 28, 2013
    Telltale games have done it again, the first episode of the game felt better than even the walking dead, very strong opening and so far more impressive than their walking dead game. Cant come up with any drawbacks at all everything was just perfect.
  48. Dec 14, 2013
    This game was an absolute treat! Artistically, it's very nice with it's noir color schemes and popular culture and literary references, with wonderful soundtrack to accompany it. It is also incredibly story-focused; which I LOVE in a game! The fact that the game is based on player choices also lends itself to incredible replay value! It's a game filled with complex and fascinating characters that will delight any story lover! Expand
  49. Oct 13, 2013
    Frickin....awesome!! I've found myself becoming bored with most of the stuff that passes as games these days but The Wolf Among Us has totally captivated me!

I can't wait for Episode 2
  50. Oct 13, 2013
    This is a pretty brilliant premise, I'm surprised we haven't seen this before. Playing a game episode by episode like a TV show. I saw the trailer and knew I had to check this out, and I was not disappointed. Even though the story is similar to 'Once Upon a Time' it is quite a bit grittier and edgier, it is unique enough that they are clearly doing their own thing here. I thoroughly enjoyed Episode 1 and am looking forward to more. Expand
  51. Oct 15, 2013
    Now, I have not read the comic book series and this was the first Telltale title I decided to pick up, but it makes me want to check out both the comic and the other titles done in this style. I can only hope they will tide me over until then next chapter. Kudos to Telltale so far on a great first chapter and leaving a very good first impression on me.

I was enthralled by the music
    and atmosphere of this beautiful game. I am a huge fan of the sound and visual aspect of a game and this one takes the cake. There is even starting and ending credits to this episode, something I hope to see in the following episodes. It really does feel like a television mini series that you can control the main protagonist in. The way the people show emotion on their face makes it clear on how they are feeling about the situations that are presented to them. All of this combined helps build emotional ties to them and the world they live in.

Normally the length of the title would warrant a score reduction but since they make it clear this is only the first episode I decided to count it for what is was. It is a well priced ($5 in US) first chapter to what is looking to be an amazing experience. If it continues at this price level, it should be $25 for the total amount, If they are all the same length as the first then I'd say that it's a fair price. Even better, you can try the first chapter and if you do not like it then you can say that you only lost five dollars and not get the rest.

The game's action is split up very well, it will move at a slow pace at times but that makes the action parts more exciting. I'm not wanting to add any spoilers but I will say the pacing was quite good in my opinion.

In the end, I decided to give it a 10 out of 10 because it did exactly what it wanted to do, I can see a lot of debates going on for how the story progressed for each individual person as they try to solve the mystery. I get the feeling that we won't know who is right until much later, in the meantime I high recommend giving this game a look to everyone.
  52. Oct 23, 2013
    If you were a fan of Telltale's The Walking Dead, there's no doubt you'll enjoy The Wolf Among Us. The Wolf Among Us sticks with the beautiful comic art style and immersive, interactive storytelling that players have grown familiar with from The Walking Dead. Each choice a player chooses as Bigby Wolf, major or minor, changes the story in some way and will play a role throughout the entire game, giving players the satisfaction of having some impact on the story rather than just going along for the ride. It's a must-have for any collection, and Episode 2 can't come soon enough. Expand
  53. Oct 25, 2013
    wow its amazing
    if you are a gamer you have to play this game yo will love this game
    the story is very nice
    the characters are cool
    and the graphic is beautiful
  54. Oct 27, 2013
    The story,characters and idea are the best.
    The game play isn't much,but i like it,because it's like a movie,but you make the decisions that leads to another happenings.The ending is sad(i won't say more) and i can't wait until the next.
    I know this review is short,but the game isn't finished,so when it will be complete,i will make a better review.
  55. Oct 28, 2013
    While the premise is not quite as interesting as the Walking Dead (in my opinion), Telltale has still managed to tell an intriguing story through excellent writing and dialogue.
    You play as Bigby Wolf, the sheriff of a place called Fabletown. He's tasked with protecting all the 'fables', including classic characters such as Beauty, Beast, Snow White, with Bigby himself being the Big Bad
    Wolf. The plot revolves around the murder of a young woman. What makes this different than your average murder case is that the victim was decapitated and deliberately placed on the front steps to Bigby's apartment. This sparks an investigation with the aid of Snow White.
    As was the case with TWD, the story is strongly driven by the choices you make. There are tons of dialogue choices to be made throughout which may affect how certain characters view you, but there seem to be 2 major decisions that could greatly affect the way things play out for you in Episode 2.
    The middle portion of the episode is a tad bit slow, but it really picks back up for the last 25 minutes or so. The action scenes are intense and gruesome, the dialogue is extremely witty and even a bit humorous, and the murder mystery is fascinating.
    My only real complaint is that moving Bigby around can be a bit of a hassle whenever the camera changes angle. I often found myself getting stuck on objects that I had no business getting stuck on. However, it was never frustrating and never distracted from the experience.
    Episode 1 took me just over 2 hours, so for 5 bucks, It's a fair deal. I'll definitely be buying the season pass. After the truly shocking cliffhanger at the end of the episode, I'll be eagerly awaiting Episode 2! Great start to this new series.
  56. Nov 2, 2013
    The great setting. Cool and bright colors. Well designed characters that are hard to forgot. To conclude it is a very interesting and bright story. It is nice interactive story where u can make decisions, but there very small part of the game so we cant watch right now how ur decisions will affect story.
  57. Nov 8, 2013
    This is another great game from Telltale games.I f you liked The Walking Dead,you'll love The wolf among us.The story is very well written,the choices you make matter,the action scenes are great and overall an amazing game.
  58. Nov 9, 2013
    WOW! What an amazing first episode, I played (and am a fan of) "The Walking Dead" game from Telltale and am happy to say I CAN'T wait for the second episode. They did an amazing job on the quick time events, the decisions your character has to make, the character personalities, the art work, the music and ambient sounds and making the story and character emotion really come across the screen. I loved the character personalities for however brief you meet someone you really either like them or you don't, it's just another amazing game from Telltale and definitely worth the "season pass." Expand
  59. Dec 20, 2013
    An excellent game, comparable to the great first season of the Walking Dead!

I was completely surprised as to how good it is. Go out and buy this game now, you will not be disappointed!
  60. Dec 22, 2013
    Finally something new from the Tell Tale Games. All together it looks pretty damn good, but it isn´t so emotional as TWD was. Action scenes are mostly short and sometimes it gets boring, but still... Great job, story is amazing and that´s what matters.
  61. Dec 24, 2013
    This is just hilarious. Can't wait to play the next episode. The same thing was to me when I played The Walking Dead from the same Telltale Games. Looking forward for the next episode.
  62. Dec 24, 2013
    i thought i didn't like games like this where i have to make one choice out of many, and most of the time the game is just watching cut scenes, but "the wolf among us" really changed my mind. maybe it is because i normally don't play games like this, or maybe the game is just fantastic, but i really liked it, and i'm looking forward for the next episodes
  63. Feb 14, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Amazing game which will engross you in a brilliant story found myself getting episode 2 as soon as i finished this one, well worth the 10/10. The characters are brilliant, well written and interesting. And that ending...... Expand
  64. Feb 16, 2014
    This game shows you how not even the fairytale life isn't just magic, and princes, and happy endings, and you can't get comfortable before something bad happens. It is a mature detective noir game, in spotlight with big bad wolf's dificult morale choices. I hgihly recommend playing it, like every other Telltale Game it's a hit.
  65. Mar 11, 2014
    The game did not stand up to Walking Dead but was good.. Like Walking Dead, this series is also quiet strong and emotional.. Their games always make the perfect movie and this one did.. 9/10.. Climax was really shocking.. Disturbing and Depressing to say at least..

1. Mar 11, 2014
    Wolf Among Us is great, better than the original comic. Willingham, take notes! [Nov 2013]
  2. Dec 28, 2013
    Here's hoping the rest lives up to this stellar first episode. [Jan 2014, p.79]
  3. Dec 13, 2013
    A new benchmark for “branching narrative” games. The Wolf Among Us turns players into viewers by almost ditching gameplay, but you will enjoy watching this show.