8.6

1. Apr 9, 2014
    * I still find the pop ups to be annoying, as they interrupt the tense atmosphere and impact of the choice you made. Please Telltale, at least give us the option to turn it off! I know I am not the only one here.*

A crooked mile starts out at a tense and brooding pace and does nothing throughout its length to ease the player of its dreary tale. Gone is Toad, with not one in person appearance. :'( Overall with the exception of a bar sequence with Grendel and Holly, is there a laugh to be had. This is for better or for worse as I am torn between satisfaction and dreariness. I do understand that this is a dark tale but it could have done with a moment where the player can reflect a bit on the story before moving on. All is well though, as the episode ends with an epic and inviting conclusion just right at the line of uncomfortable.

The choices this time around feel less substantial than before, however, and it was slightly more predictable story wise. Also, there isn't hardly as much player interaction outside of mashing q a few times, and I played the majority of the game with one hand. This all being said though, the series strongest card to play is the story and there is so much here that all of these flaws are easily forgivable. However much I wish the gaps in between releases were much shorter, I am looking forward to continuing on and seeing where the tale leads. Another solid release and much better than smoke and mirrors. I am going to go play it again!
  2. Jun 8, 2014
    Too be honest this episode felt the worst amongst the previous 2. I am enjoying the storie, but that is all that is here and I am rather getting tired with this type of "game". Your actions in the end means absolutely nothing. For instance, I am super nice to this one person, or I spare this other persons life or I stopped beating him up . . . in the end it utterly means nothing and yourToo be honest this episode felt the worst amongst the previous 2. I am enjoying the storie, but that is all that is here and I am rather getting tired with this type of "game". Your actions in the end means absolutely nothing. For instance, I am super nice to this one person, or I spare this other persons life or I stopped beating him up . . . in the end it utterly means nothing and your actions will not mean life or death for you at any point in the "game"

All you do is choose what sentences to say that has a timer attached to it that creates an illusion that what you are doing/saying is extremely important . . . it is not. There really is no consequences to your actions.

In the previous episodes there was actually quite a few things to do, many things to discover and learn more about the characters that fills this story, but this? 3 to 4 places to "search" for crane. This episode just felt like a filler of some sort, be it a bad one at that.

The story (esp episode 1 and 2) does draw you in, but that is all that there is here. There is nothing to solve, not by you by any means. You are simply riding along and you choose how the hero reacts to things - that is it.

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    May 16, 2014
    The series ramps up its intensity and shows the dark side of popular fairy tale figures. If only the game could be a little longer… [Issue#241]
  2. May 14, 2014
    Another neon night, stalking through the gorgeous nightmare of New York City. If you are not moved, you simply don't have a heart.
  3. May 7, 2014
    The Wolf Among Us is still more enjoyable than the 2nd season of Telltale’s The Walking Dead, but, all in all, the taste is already gone, and there are two more installments to play through.