The Wonderful End of the World PC

6.7

1. tuéyk
    Jan 19, 2010
    I really like this game, mainly because I loved beautiful katamari on the xbox but it is not available on pc. Well Dejobaan Games must've realised this and decided to make people like me very happy. The game is a tad different to katamari but it is a welcome change. The graphics are not bad but far from good, the resolution is lower than what i am used to and there doesn't seem I really like this game, mainly because I loved beautiful katamari on the xbox but it is not available on pc. Well Dejobaan Games must've realised this and decided to make people like me very happy. The game is a tad different to katamari but it is a welcome change. The graphics are not bad but far from good, the resolution is lower than what i am used to and there doesn't seem to be a way of changing it. The music score is beautiful and very relaxing I find. This game would've rated higher if it had sharper graphics (which is a lame reason I know) and if it was a little longer. Although for the price I paid and the fun I have had out of it i guess I am just being a jerk. If you're a fan of katamari, or you're just looking for a fun game to play without too much stress then get this game. It really is fun. Expand
  2. JonasH
    Jul 20, 2008
    This game, along with its uplifting soundtrack, actually manages to make me feel better. Although it has a childish touch to it, and the graphics are ugly as hell, at the end of the day, you'll get a very good experience from it.
  3. Apr 24, 2011
    Shameless Katamari Clone, and considering how long it's been since a proper Katamari game, that isn't a bad thing. While not quite as good as the original, it manages to pay homage to everything zany about Katamari.
  4. LachlanS
    Apr 24, 2008
    Imagine Katamari without the frustrating controls and with quite a bit more creativity, realistic 100% game-completion goals and decent music. If you haven't played Katamari Damacy, just imagine a FUN gameplay experience that is different from anything you have ever played. The downside(the only reason I rated 9 and not 10) is that the game is quite short for its price. I got about 5 Imagine Katamari without the frustrating controls and with quite a bit more creativity, realistic 100% game-completion goals and decent music. If you haven't played Katamari Damacy, just imagine a FUN gameplay experience that is different from anything you have ever played. The downside(the only reason I rated 9 and not 10) is that the game is quite short for its price. I got about 5 hours of gameplay... HOWEVER! Unlike Katamari, TWEotW doesn't drag out beyond the point where it stops being fun. I could have replayed for at least another 3 hours before getting sick of it. Overall, I'm happy that I paid for it and supported a very talented independent game developer, who will hopefully create awesome full-length games some day. Expand
  5. Dec 16, 2011
    TWEotW is a fun Katamari Damacy clone, but it suffers from two major things that drop my score down to a 5. First off, the game is super short. I managed to 100% the game twice (I had to do it again when the bladder achievement got added) in about 5 hours. There's only a few levels, you don't have much time on them, and aside from Cafe Internet you can A+ them all on your first or secondTWEotW is a fun Katamari Damacy clone, but it suffers from two major things that drop my score down to a 5. First off, the game is super short. I managed to 100% the game twice (I had to do it again when the bladder achievement got added) in about 5 hours. There's only a few levels, you don't have much time on them, and aside from Cafe Internet you can A+ them all on your first or second attempt.
    The second major issue is that the collision and map design for this... are pretty awful at times. The previously mentioned Cafe Internet is a good example, as one quick glance on youtube or the steam forums will show that this level will make you rage harder than anything Katamari Damacy ever did, and not even by intent. It's so easy to get literally stuck in this due to horrible collision, cramped level design, and many things bouncing you across the level as though you were a pinball. Were it not for the awful collision related bugs, you could probably beat the game and get every single achievement in about an hour.

Would I recommend this? Only if you're a diehard Katamari Damacy fan, or if you're a normal Katamari Damacy fan and there's a big sale going on (I'd say this is worth $1.)
    Still, it's an awesome idea and I'd love to see Dejobaan expand this into a full game, though given the negative reception this has been given, and judging by their responses to said reception, I doubt that'll ever happen. It's a shame, we PC gamers need a good Katamari knockoff, at least until some magical day when we can play Katamari Damacy on our PCs without having to rely on PS2 emulation.
  6. ShaunF
    Jul 18, 2008
    It's like katamari without the challenge of trying to roll an awkwardly shaped ball (or any other challenge for that matter). The music is nowhere near as good as katamari and despite the improved texture quality the visuals are nowhere near as appealling.
  7. Jun 2, 2011
    Absolutely shameless (and shameful) rip-off of the Katamari games, without the humour, wit and charm. The game is also way too short. What a disgrace.
  8. Jan 2, 2012
    i love the game. esse jogo é ótimo, um jogo diferente, baixe a demo antes de comprar para não fazer quenem esses 4 retardados que negativaram o jogo
  9. Jun 13, 2012
    I did enjoy this game for the small amount of time it lasted. Completed all the levels in 1 hour. Completed all achievements for the game in under 3 hours. I mainly enjoyed this game because it is a Katamari clone. It's easier to control, which makes the game a bit easier as well. There are only 10 levels in the game and most of them are very easy. The level design and clipping are quiteI did enjoy this game for the small amount of time it lasted. Completed all the levels in 1 hour. Completed all achievements for the game in under 3 hours. I mainly enjoyed this game because it is a Katamari clone. It's easier to control, which makes the game a bit easier as well. There are only 10 levels in the game and most of them are very easy. The level design and clipping are quite bad in this game; i'd often find myself running over object but not have them get picked up. I'd also sometimes find myself pushed outside of the level by mysterious objects which left me to have to restart. You can also easily get stuck in the small, confined areas of the game. The music was also pretty good for the game. Overall it was an enjoyable game, but nowhere near as good as Katamari is. Expand
  10. Sep 3, 2013
    The level design is very rich in details, while the graphics are simplistic. Most levels will have you start in a certain area, that gives you an idea, where you are. As you grow, your perception shifts and you realise that you are somewhere completely different. I do not remember being annoyed with the controls or the music, which is a good indicator that they are both fine.

What did

What did surprise me a little was the size of the game I finished the game and all of its achievements in five hours. It has some replay value, particularly because of scores, but it did not make me want to play it again in the last eight months.
  11. AWG
    Jun 23, 2013
    I allow myself to quote an other user (LachlanS) from 2008: If you haven't played Katamari Damacy, just imagine a FUN gameplay experience that is different from anything you have ever played".
    After 5 years this statement is still 100% true.
  12. Nov 20, 2013
    Well Dejobaan Games have created yet another truly absurd title to add to their game releases. I must admit I did have a little fun with this. Its premise is simple; eat things that are smaller than you to gradually grow in size… Yeah, it’s casual simple fun! I got about an hour’s enjoyment from this title because there aren't that many levels and it’s just more of the same thing over andWell Dejobaan Games have created yet another truly absurd title to add to their game releases. I must admit I did have a little fun with this. Its premise is simple; eat things that are smaller than you to gradually grow in size… Yeah, it’s casual simple fun! I got about an hour’s enjoyment from this title because there aren't that many levels and it’s just more of the same thing over and over again! Would I purchase this for £5.99 absolutely not, it doesn't provide anywhere near enough value for that; but picking it up in the sales for a couple of quid to pass a rainy afternoon will certainly not feel like a waste of money! Expand

1. Jan 19, 2011
    With its familiar but poorly implemented game mechanics, The Wonderful End of the World comes across as trying to be a PC take on the Katamari series. But for the USD$9.99 price tag, you're better off saving the money for something else.
  2. The Wonderful End of the World has everything going for it. It's a fun game with a distinctive look and a fun soundtrack. It's a bit short, but the levels are replayable as you try to unlock the bonus level or try for perfect A+ grades across the board.
  3. While it's derivative of Katamari, that style of gaming hasn't exactly been beaten to death, and rolling around the map with a keyboard and mouse feels better than you might expect.