6.1

1. Jan 2, 2011
    i don't know what everyone else is saying about great graphics and all. The characters and tanks on my screen look almost god awful. I am glad i got the game on sale because i am going to delete it. The AI behaves funky, not following orders, or wandering. Polish antitank guns take my tanks out from miles away it seems before my guys can even fire on them. The 20 mm cannons on the Panzers really didnt do much. The artillery, is just god awful. I called on it on more then several occasions and i realized it was just a wasted effort. kudos for realism, but garbage for the game play. Expand
  2. Jul 2, 2011
    Seriously one of the worst combat sims ever made. Horrible AI, enemy units that never miss even though they have no line of sight, and allied troops that run right up to enemy troops to get shot even though you are clicking attack and they have a machine gun. So glad this was on sale and part of a bundle....I should have read more reviews before buying. :(

1. Its tactical focus and total absence of resource gathering or base building make the learning curve a little twisty for tank-rush types. However, the authenticity and atmosphere bring the Second World War to life in impressive fashion.
  2. Thinking gamers will appreciate the fact that Theatre of War presents them with a series of tactical problems rather than simply a chance to rack up the body counts. And anyone who's been jaded by the ease of other mainstream RTS franchises will enjoy the fact that this is a game that doesn't coddle its players.
    The environments, repetitive though they are, are simply stunning.