8.3

1. May 7, 2011
    I love all of the thief games they are entertaining with interesting stories. This is a good game if you like to use strategy and be naughty. :p Not a run up and kill stuff and make everything explode sort of game. Hours of fun and glory.
  2. Amy
    Jan 8, 2005
    Graphics are good. If you have a some-what good system it is not slow. The story could have been better, but overall it was a great game. I enjoyed it a lot.
  3. RyanD.
    Jun 1, 2004
    Outstanding.
  4. MichaelG.
    Apr 1, 2007
    Best game on steam so far - until thief 1 or 2 comes out. Do yourself a favour and play a different computer game for once...this one!
  5. ZuffuluZT
    May 1, 2008
    The athmosphere in this game is absolutely incredible! I have never seen anything like it. (and I am playing PC games since 1992) Once you got started, there is really no way that you can put it away before you have finished it. Especially that level in the cradle was just stunning. The gameplay and atmosphere in there just cannot be described, because there is simply no other game that The athmosphere in this game is absolutely incredible! I have never seen anything like it. (and I am playing PC games since 1992) Once you got started, there is really no way that you can put it away before you have finished it. Especially that level in the cradle was just stunning. The gameplay and atmosphere in there just cannot be described, because there is simply no other game that has anything likewise. I would even say that it is worth buying the game just to see that level - it's a MUST PLAY. The only weakness of the game is the ending, which I felt was a bit weird, but that is probably just me and I don't want to spoil anything, so you can find out yourself. Expand
  6. MoneyGanster
    May 27, 2004
    Sweet. Like theif 1 and 2, really good.
  7. Mr.Kadish
    Jun 8, 2004
    AWESOME game. Lots of fun. Couple glitches that need some attention, but this is a truly Immserisve, and best of all entertaining game. I cant believe i am saying this considering that i HATED the game, Deus Ex invisible war which was a console piece of crap and considering that Deadly Shadows has a similar engine, and similar physics...i had feared it might take the same route. AWESOME game. Lots of fun. Couple glitches that need some attention, but this is a truly Immserisve, and best of all entertaining game. I cant believe i am saying this considering that i HATED the game, Deus Ex invisible war which was a console piece of crap and considering that Deadly Shadows has a similar engine, and similar physics...i had feared it might take the same route. Fortunately not! It's WAY longer than invisible war, and every moment is filled with tension and crafty joy. BUY IT! Expand
  8. DougS.
    Jun 9, 2004
    Wow Ion Storm really outdid themselves with this game! I'm sorry to hear they had to lay off people!
  9. DonK.
    Jun 30, 2004
    Speechless...
  10. JosephJ
    May 20, 2009
    Classic game, Beastly, You cannot find a better stealth action game anywhere, Except for maybe Thi4f
  11. DoobyM.
    May 31, 2004
    My fears are allayed, they kept the most important thing from the first two games: the unmistakable thief ATMOSPERE. There are a couple of design decisions that I don't agree with, but it feels like thief, and its just as fun and as engrossing
  12. Ok
    Aug 22, 2004
    I DO feel that this game is a true Thief sequel in heart and soul, the developers obviously having spent a lot of time on the trademark series dialog and ambience. I have no beef with the third-person camera (it's useful and, best of all, optional) and I found myself occasionally picking my jaw up off the floor. Recommended without reservation.
  13. PatrickG.
    Apr 12, 2007
    An amazing game, not quite on par with the previous prequels but for what it lacks free form design it more than makes it up in atmosphere and plain intrigue. If your in the mood to try something with a different pace and style of its own then this game is a must buy especially for 20 bucks!
  14. AmeriallaA.
    Nov 6, 2007
    Very good, not just amazing graphics, but good level designs and use of lighting, as we're used to from the other Thief games. Definately my favourite of the series.
  15. MattH
    Apr 26, 2009
    I have to say that, although not the longest of the trilogy, it had the most involved gameplay. I really enjoyed the more freedom that living in the world offered instead of the pre level purchasing in the originals. The graphics were incredible and the cradle level freaked me right out. Thanks for another great game!
  16. Oct 7, 2010
    Absolutely amazing, ive played it 4 times and still ain't sick of it, lot of whining going on from old fans, but theres no reason for it. I grew on on theif 1 and 2 and think they did a great job with this game, and made it up to par with the old ones. Get It, atmosphere is unbeatable!
  17. Sep 16, 2011
    This is one of the best games i have ever played, the story and atmosphere just sucks you in to this world of its own. Every single level is a masterpiece and all of the supporting voice acting, sounds and music is there to spellbound you, it feels like every single character in this game has a personality. This is really a thriller with a story that makes you want to find out whats goingThis is one of the best games i have ever played, the story and atmosphere just sucks you in to this world of its own. Every single level is a masterpiece and all of the supporting voice acting, sounds and music is there to spellbound you, it feels like every single character in this game has a personality. This is really a thriller with a story that makes you want to find out whats going on and whose dark hand it is moving the pawns in such a sinister way.

What is locked - can be opened. What is hidden - can be found. What is yours - can be mine
  18. Oct 7, 2012
    This game was the first game I had ever seen or played. It was what got me into gaming and it made me love stealth. Now whenever I play an FPS I find a way to be sneaky when its not what the game is about. If you dont care about graphics then pick up this game. If I could describe it in any outher way it would be a double rainbow all the way.
  19. Samtam90
    Apr 19, 2007
    The concept of the city is handled in a great way, not to mention the AI is one of the best i've ever seen in a game and it retains all the old glorious features of the previous Thief games. And it manages to be even funnier.
  20. JaredL.
    Apr 9, 2007
    After playing the first two titles over and over, I can't say how pleased I was with their follow up. The best stealth action game to be released in a long time.
  21. S.S.
    May 25, 2004
    Great.
  22. K.M.
    May 26, 2004
    A great game, worthy of its predecessors. While the rope arrows will be missed, and despite the various nitpicked issues about it, it still upholds the high standard set by the previous two games. As some fans of the series would agree, I'm just glad to be seeing the continuation of a great franchise. Thumbs up.
  23. BradB.
    May 31, 2004
    A very well designed game. Very similar to Thief: The dark project. Although it doesn't have any huge outdoor spaces like thief 2, this game does have great level design that is decidedly non-linear. Veterans of the series will notice some details from past games missing (in Thief 1 and 2 having a bow or sword out made you more visible and things like that are missing in this game) A very well designed game. Very similar to Thief: The dark project. Although it doesn't have any huge outdoor spaces like thief 2, this game does have great level design that is decidedly non-linear. Veterans of the series will notice some details from past games missing (in Thief 1 and 2 having a bow or sword out made you more visible and things like that are missing in this game) there is still so much fun to be had that I have to give this game a ten. Expand
  24. NiklasB.
    Jul 27, 2004
    Requires a pretty hi-end machine to be fully enjoyed. Good graphics, good sound. Excellent story as usual. The Thief series has provided me with hours and hours of quality amusement! If you liked Thief 1&2 you will definatly like (love...) this game! Even though I still think that the first thief is the greatest of them all (even though the sequels outperfom it when it comes to graphics Requires a pretty hi-end machine to be fully enjoyed. Good graphics, good sound. Excellent story as usual. The Thief series has provided me with hours and hours of quality amusement! If you liked Thief 1&2 you will definatly like (love...) this game! Even though I still think that the first thief is the greatest of them all (even though the sequels outperfom it when it comes to graphics it still has the best story...). I also miss the rope arrows! Why did you cut them out ION Storm??? Climbinggloves are less fun :) Oh and btw... If you don't plan to make another sequel please sell the filmrights or I'll miss Garret terribly he's my NO 1 anti hero of all games!!! //Nick Expand
  25. Paul
    Feb 25, 2005
    I have a Athalon 1700+, 256MB of ram, and a GeForce 6600GT and the rendering and framerate are fantastic. As a hardcore fan of the previous two titles, I'm very happy with the gameplay and level design. They've included all the little details that put this title over the top. There are the patented plot twists, a decent amount of exploration and enough tools to let you try a I have a Athalon 1700+, 256MB of ram, and a GeForce 6600GT and the rendering and framerate are fantastic. As a hardcore fan of the previous two titles, I'm very happy with the gameplay and level design. They've included all the little details that put this title over the top. There are the patented plot twists, a decent amount of exploration and enough tools to let you try a variety of tactics in any situation. This game is flat-out fun. I just spent two days in a row putting in 10-hour shifts on this game. That hasn't happened in a long time. The only reason it doesn't get a ten is because of a lack of modding tools. I would also like a larger "sandbox" of a city, but I'm glad it is there for between missions and it is big enough and detailed enough to not cost them points. Expand
  26. JeroenS.
    Jul 23, 2007
    Best soundscapes ever!
  27. GlennS
    Nov 14, 2008
    I just love this game where you don't have to kill everybody. I like sneaking around. Another sneaky game is Splinter Cell, which I also enjoy very much. I noticed that many comment on light and shadow effect. This is all fine but, to me, all that matter is that its a good game to play. I mean, what's the point with all visual effects in a game, when it is perhaps boring to play?
  28. OldSkull
    Nov 18, 2009
    I would sign under what Reiver wrote, but there is a Shalebridge Cradle (one of most scary locations in games), Garret by Stephen Russel and sound by Eric Brosius. Game is very buggy, there is no AI, there is AS (Artificial Stupidity), very linear, without true darkness (everything is glowing blue), with many unlogical situations (Pagans under Hammers nose, masacres on streets, Keepers I would sign under what Reiver wrote, but there is a Shalebridge Cradle (one of most scary locations in games), Garret by Stephen Russel and sound by Eric Brosius. Game is very buggy, there is no AI, there is AS (Artificial Stupidity), very linear, without true darkness (everything is glowing blue), with many unlogical situations (Pagans under Hammers nose, masacres on streets, Keepers who are really blind and stupid, Enforcers killing innocents etc.), but still: "among the blind, the one-eyed man is king" - there is a lack of true stealth games (btw: Garrett has only one eye). Expand
  29. Nov 3, 2011
    Although this game is dated, I still found it thoroughly enjoyable. Great stealth system (may not be the best in today's standards, but definitely above par). Fun gadgets and great story.
  30. Mar 7, 2012
    i recently finished this game.i have to say i have never played a game like this before.you have option to either kill or sneak through.AI is excellent.the only thing lacking was a good map system.it doesnt tell the player position or destination which can be frustrating at times.
  31. Feb 21, 2011
    Crappy console port. But that's the least of its problems. The awful engine means that loading screens are plentiful and levels are small. It's been streamlined for the Xbox crowd and features a bunch of nonsensical elements which were not present in previous Thief games (also known as "lore rape"). Very buggy and crashes constantly even on top notch computers. Getting stuck in the sceneryCrappy console port. But that's the least of its problems. The awful engine means that loading screens are plentiful and levels are small. It's been streamlined for the Xbox crowd and features a bunch of nonsensical elements which were not present in previous Thief games (also known as "lore rape"). Very buggy and crashes constantly even on top notch computers. Getting stuck in the scenery is not a rare event, and the ragdoll physics are lazy and unnatural compared to what they should have gone with - good animations. Quite a disgrace to the stealth genre and the Thief series as a whole, simply does not live up to the legacy. The game has a stupid City hub rather than the assumed natural progression between missions ala Thief 1 and 2. Deadly Shadows is also a lot more linear, and suddenly rope/vine arrows don't exist in the Thief universe and Garrett has forgotten the ability to swim (he dies the instant he touches water). I don't know why people seem to think of it as any better than Invisible War is to Deus Ex, it's honestly just as bad. Collapse

1. A taut, atmospheric and engrossing experience. The only real gripe is that The City sections become long-winded, lacking as they do the focus of the story missions and as a result make the game feel a little bloated.
  2. Even though some of Ion’s design decisions, like the removal of the rope arrow and the inclusion of the third-person camera, will disappoint purists, it would be difficult for anyone to deny what a splendid experience this release is.
  3. It’s the creepy atmosphere and the easy-to-pick-up-but-tough-to-perfect gameplay that most impress, and there are enough quirks and twists to ensure that you will do your damnedest to complete this compelling title.