7.1

1. Jun 13, 2013
    This is the game you play at the end of a long day when you just want to blow something up!

I like this game in that it's simple and yet graphically gorgeous. You are a sketchy army helicopter pilot sent on missions to destroy the enemy. This game in no way takes itself seriously and it's a triumphant weaving of humor and action.

In terms of pros, the graphics look great, the
    explosions are sweet, the effects are fun, and I have yet to find a building in the game I wasn't allowed to destroy. In terms of plot, the events of the game seem disparate at first but pull together later. Flying the copter is quite comfortable.

In terms of cons, the voice acting is supposed to be overdone but sometimes it comes at weird and inconvenient times where you're engaged with multiple enemies and don't have time to catch the plot. Also, they need to let us rebind our keys and the menu screen is dangerous one wrong click and you're suddenly launching a new game.

Overall, this is a fun game to have if you're looking for a funny action title to just sit back and unwind with. You should check this one out.
  2. Nov 21, 2013
    The game was had some enjoyable, though it lacked core game-play. It gets repetitive after the 3rd level as it's usually protect/destroy then protect/destroy then protect/destroy and then sometimes there is a dogfight. The difficulty on the highest setting is more like a normal difficulty and casual is almost too easy. Though the game is indie and i don't want to be too harsh, I have to give it a 7. For other consoles it would get an 8 but it's very harder to set up a Local co-op then it is with consoles. It's an ok game if you want to just shoot some stuff, but don't expect high end story, voice acting, or humour. Expand
  3. May 18, 2013
    This is the epitome of a helicopter-arcade-style game. If this game was released in the 90's it would be #1 across the boards. Everything from the dialogue to the gameplay works really well in Thunder Wolves. Don't think you just fly a helicopter and shoot stuff. There are many different aspects to the game ranging from different helicopters with different kinds of rockets and stats. You fly a helicopter; you also go first person mode in which the game flies for you and you shoot. You can drive a tank and much more. The game is very fun and it is a must have! Expand
  4. Nov 19, 2013
    Straight up action packed blow stuff up helicopter shooter. The controls are very casual and the gameplay is more focused on the constant action and explosions than having depth and worrying about the plot. That said, the plot is lame, voice acting is shoddy, but who cares. Great simplistic fun packaged in a way that games just arent done anymore. Give it a whirl.
  5. Dec 25, 2013
    An over-the-top arcade helicopter action game that loves foul language. I was not optimistic. Then I had control of the helicopter. This game is fun. It caters to the roll-in blow stuff up badass hero that my inner child loves. And it does it far better than a well known major franchise. *cough* Ace combat AH. Especially with rail shooting. God, I hate rail modes. They are nothing more than novelty. But I don't mind them in this game. Hell, even one of them was fun. I think it's because they are used to accomplish a part of the story, and then that's it, they bring you back to the cocpit. (the correct spelling is blocked by profanity filters. ha ha.)

I chose to use an xbox 360 controller for this game. I had some issues with keeping the targeting reticule on small troops. But, and this I wish more games did, the mouse was not disabled by using the controller. I just moved my hand to mouse targeting to get those hard to reach places, and moved back to the controller. No effort, no pausing.

I would like a profanity filter option. I like the foul language, but I also have children under 10, so I can't let them play or play it myself while they are around.

I also have not finished the game, so I can't say anything about re playability or end game pacing.

Overall, not the best game, but great when my mind is shot from work and I want simple thrills.

1. Jul 30, 2013
    I so much wanted this game to be a mindless shooting blast fest, but sadly It failed to deliver on just about every aspect. Thunder Wolves hit the market about 10 years too late, revealing itself to an audience that expects way more than it delivers.
  2. Jun 20, 2013
    Thunder Wolves aims to embody the 80′s action flick and does so in a pretty fun manor. The gameplay is simple and enjoyable for the short time you’ll play, and the story feels appropriately campy. Enemies explode by the dozen and missiles fly left and right at all times.
  3. Jun 7, 2013
    That doesn’t mean that the game isn’t worth a try, especially if you were a fan of the 90′s titles it draws inspiration from, but I think the current price tag may be a little high for the amount of gameplay you get.