Ticket to Ride PC

7.4

1. Dec 30, 2013
    Ticket to Ride is a popular strategy based board game that tasks the players with completing railroad routes across the games map (USA is the original map but there are plenty of expansions available) attempting to score more points than their opponents. The great thing about Ticket to Ride is that the rules are very simple and the interactive tutorial included with this PC version willTicket to Ride is a popular strategy based board game that tasks the players with completing railroad routes across the games map (USA is the original map but there are plenty of expansions available) attempting to score more points than their opponents. The great thing about Ticket to Ride is that the rules are very simple and the interactive tutorial included with this PC version will mean that within 5 minutes even complete novices will know what they are doing.

Its obviously not quite as fun as playing the real thing with friends and family but this very faithful adaptation (which can be played in about half the time of the actual board game) is still an enjoyable way to spend your time and, thanks to Steam, its easy to find people online to play with.

If you're a fan of tabletop games this come highly recommended.
  2. Aug 2, 2012
    Game is fantastic and enjoyable, but has a few shortcomings. The AI is terrible and I have yet to lose a game to the AI. The game needs a hotseat and LAN mode that lets you play more than one person against the computer. And the online mode desperately needs a game lobby. You can wait forever to fill a game with 4 or 5 players. It also lacks the option to invite and play with friendsGame is fantastic and enjoyable, but has a few shortcomings. The AI is terrible and I have yet to lose a game to the AI. The game needs a hotseat and LAN mode that lets you play more than one person against the computer. And the online mode desperately needs a game lobby. You can wait forever to fill a game with 4 or 5 players. It also lacks the option to invite and play with friends online. You can only play against opponents that the game picks for you. Basicly, you should only get this if you're a desperate Ticket to Ride fan with no friends, or if you're curious to the game, because it can in no way replace the boardgame version. I got it from an indie bundle during the sales and fell in love with it right away. While the game IS fun, I ended up ordering a physical copy from Amazon, because of the shortcomings in the digital edition. Expand
  3. May 10, 2015
    It's a decent little grab-bag styled game, it's apparently based off of a classic board game which I can imagine was more fun as a board game. On the computer it has multiple problems, mainly the online matchmaking (or lack thereof). With the AI not having a lot of intelligence, you'd rather play against other people, but it can be difficult without a dedicated server/lobby that actuallyIt's a decent little grab-bag styled game, it's apparently based off of a classic board game which I can imagine was more fun as a board game. On the computer it has multiple problems, mainly the online matchmaking (or lack thereof). With the AI not having a lot of intelligence, you'd rather play against other people, but it can be difficult without a dedicated server/lobby that actually works well. Playing it offline against AI gets stale very fast, you won't get a lot of enjoyment out of it unless you loved the board game as a kid (I never even knew about it, not sure how popular it was).

The idea behind it is pretty cool though, but perhaps a little too simple. There's barely any strategy because picking cards becomes luck of the draw, so if you get lucky you get multiples of the same color card (which is good), if not, you end up with tons of different colors and can't go anywhere from there. I think the main reason why this game gets dull fast is solely the fact that it's too simple. There needs to be more variables to bring in more strategy and technique, like I imagine a strategic board game should have.

It's not bad, but it's not amazing either, I wouldn't expect to get more than a couple hours of enjoyment before you get very bored. First time I played it I was bored after like 30 minutes. Maybe it's just not for me but I fail to find any other pros about this game. If there were a large online community, better matchmaking, and a bit more complexity, only then would I possibly recommend this game. But those are yet to be established, so currently I do not recommend Ticket to Ride unless you're itching to play your childhood board game.
  4. Oct 27, 2013
    Ticket to Ride is an adaptation of a popular board game, with the ability to play against AI, or local or online opponents. The board game has a pretty simple rule set that's easy to learn, and it has some good strategic complexity. I haven't been playing it for all that long, but I've definitely enjoyed what I've played so far.

I found the voice acting obnoxious and turned it off

I found the voice acting obnoxious and turned it off immediately. The music grates after a little while, but you can turn that off too. The game controls pretty well and shows a lot of useful information on screen. The menus are a bit clunky, and this actually makes it a little difficult to get in to the online game lobby.

But really, what matters is the gameplay, and Ticket to Ride has great gameplay. I had fun playing against AI and against humans, and there's tons of replay value. This game will definitely be worth it for board game enthusiasts at full price. I'd still recommend it to anyone that can appreciate a strategic, turn-based game. As for the DLC, it allows you to play on different maps, sometimes with different rules. If you like the base game, the expansions will add quite a bit.
  5. Oct 15, 2013
    This game was very enjoyable as a board game, and i love it on PC too. I got it in the humble bundle, so the price was well worth it, (7 bucks for a ton of games including this.) The gameplay is good, its just like the physical game, but as DarkCowboy said, the AI is really, really, easy to beat, and when you spectate a game you cant chat, which really annoys me.

Basically, if you liked

Basically, if you liked the physical board game, get this. It may have some problems, but its worth it to have some fun with your friends/family.

There are no critic reviews yet.