6.2

1. Mar 15, 2014
    OK, so I recently bought this game on an impulse. It was fun for the first 4 hours and then a sudden pang of deathly boredom clouded any further possible enjoyment. Great concept, great parkour, Titans are cool but the game is fundamentally unfinished and lacking the content demanded by it's $60 entry fee. Not pleased, not pleased at all. Getting the game refunded.
  2. Mar 11, 2014
    First of all let me state that Titanfall is mechanically and conceptually a brilliant and exhilirating game. It's responsive and fun to play, and adds a lot to the FPS genre from the perspective of game design, and for that all credit where it is due.

The issue is that for a 60$ title the lack of content that comes upon release is unjustifiable. There are free to play shooters that give more content than Titanfall does, and this makes the price an instant refund for me, as while I enjoy the game immensely it is not worth the price and I do not want to encourage such prices on products that are not worth it from a content perspective.

This took it from an 8 to a 6 for me, two other aspects about the game bothered me, the first and most important being the lack of something new from a game mode perspectve, and general generic design of said game modes and weapons (appart from attrition and the smart pistol) Respawn could have leapt forward but it feels like much of what they did was playing it safe.

The last and less important point are the visuals, while they are of course not very important it shocks me that infinity wards most talented are incapable of working on anything else than an outdated and simplistic engine that is definately showing its age. Wether graphics are important or no after near a decade of use its time to put that old thing to rest, and use newer engines enabling more divergent and complex gameplay, as well as visual fidelity.
  3. Mar 16, 2014
    First the good things: The pace of the game is nice, unlocks happen daily if you play a couple of hours a day, the games are not too long, usually around 15-20 minutes. and the controls are really good, there is a nice feel to piloting a titan or, moving in various way through the infrastructure of the maps, and the soundscape is rather well done too... Sadly, that is where the good thingsFirst the good things: The pace of the game is nice, unlocks happen daily if you play a couple of hours a day, the games are not too long, usually around 15-20 minutes. and the controls are really good, there is a nice feel to piloting a titan or, moving in various way through the infrastructure of the maps, and the soundscape is rather well done too... Sadly, that is where the good things end.

The bad things:
    -Matchmaking is simply terrible, trying to unlock 2 of the titans(you absolutely have to complete both IMC and militia campaigns to get both) is an absolute pain in the ass. Not only are the teams missmatched most of the time(average level of the opposing team being 15-20 levels higher is not uncommon) But due to people not wanting to play the campaign more than the bare minimum, you are forced to back track ALOT!, joining lobbies that take you back 2,3,4 sometimes 5 maps, just to advance 1 map later on. And the lack of possiblity to do said campaign solo, is just adding salt to the wounds.

-The Graphics, are just fugly, and if you try to improve them on an older generation graphics card, say, a GTX 285, GTX 480 or GTX 580. You run a risk of making 99% of the textures disappear, by turning on the AA.

-Ridiculous hit detection; Getting shot through walls with a projectile that does not pierce said surface, or getting jumpkicked when the person doing said kick is 2-3 meters away or through a wall, is common.

-Limited selection of maps, and the map design is usually skewed in a way, that the first team to field 2-3 titans, will most likely dominate through the rest of the match. Also the maps are usually designed in a way that gives the other team a significant advantage, for example one of the maps is located in an area you could consider a "dragon graveyard" or their grotto, the other side, allways begins with the high ground advantage, while the other need to go uphill most of the time. Not a fun thing, when sides are chosen randomly in this game, and if you get thrown on one side multiple times in a row.

-They nerfed the wrong things: The nuclear ejection has become a laughable thing. The radius of said blast, is now a titans fart, one dash, is all it takes to get out of the radius. While on the other hand, Smart pistol did not suffer a nerf. Does not look like we can assume respawn will make good choices in the future either.

-The burnercard system, is not a situational as you think, You just have to experience it yourself. It is awfull.

-The game encourages people to roam the opposing teams spawns, and there is no spawn protection, the moment your feet touch ground(you respawn) you are free game.

-The customization options for weapons and titans, are rather humble. considering the price of the game, and how small repertuar of maps you have, you would think they would have more of something.... Oh wait, over 30 gigs of the game is soundfiles(closer to 40 gigs actually).

-The game unlocks, even though they happen at a steady pace, are not necesarily what you were gunning for, and it is somewhat gimicky, for example, trying to get the 20 titans killed with the 40mm cannon, sounds simple enough, but when you realize, you have to destroy them, BEFORE they blow up after getting doomed, that task became so much more complicated, and seeing as how everyone is equipping nuclear ejection, well, good luck.

In overall, the idea of the game is awesome, but execution is poor at best, and it does not cash in on the promises it made with the beta, if anything, beta was just there to get people open up their wallets.

4/10, for a game that fails to deliver what it promised.
  4. Mar 15, 2014
    Once again I am baffled by the glowing critic reviews for this game. Admittedly I was having fun but after logging 8 hours into the game so far and unlocking everything there is to unlock and beating the campaign both Militia and IMC (hour and a half only) I am getting bored. Calling in a titan was AWESOME the first hundred times I did so, the next hundred times I've done so I findOnce again I am baffled by the glowing critic reviews for this game. Admittedly I was having fun but after logging 8 hours into the game so far and unlocking everything there is to unlock and beating the campaign both Militia and IMC (hour and a half only) I am getting bored. Calling in a titan was AWESOME the first hundred times I did so, the next hundred times I've done so I find myself yawning. There isn't a lot to keep me playing the game, sure it's pretty but it really does feel like Call of Titan Duty Fall.
    The campaign was just laughable, I have no idea what the actual story is or why these two groups are even fighting each other. The narrative was drowned out because I was busy trying to shoot people not listen to generic characters talk about...whatever the hell they were talking about. MacAllen I believe was a character? One I cannot put a face to. That's the only named character I can remember off the top of my head. Not only that but the hour and a half of campaign levels (both campaigns) are the same levels just playing them on different sides (boring). An issue I ran into was when I played through the militia campaign and then halfway through the IMC but stopped. Finding a matchmaking game for the mission I was on was dreadful. It took a crazy amount of time. On top of that when I did find a game it put me two mission back. So maybe I played through both campaigns in an hour without the backtracking.
    In conclusion the game does not offer a substantial amount of content for me to still be playing this even in a months time. After playing online for 8 hours and unlocking everything, what's the point now? The campaign is laughably horrid. Something I really wish I hadn't spent $60 on.
  5. Mar 12, 2014
    I'm going to save everybody the effort right now, Titanfall is not a game worth getting for the PC in my opinion. There are just so many detractors to the game. Starting with the most obvious, the install is 50GB due to uncompressed audio, taking up 34GB of the download. Right off the bat this is an indicator of a lazy PC Port. This is literally just a port. The textures are horrible, theyI'm going to save everybody the effort right now, Titanfall is not a game worth getting for the PC in my opinion. There are just so many detractors to the game. Starting with the most obvious, the install is 50GB due to uncompressed audio, taking up 34GB of the download. Right off the bat this is an indicator of a lazy PC Port. This is literally just a port. The textures are horrible, they did NOT optimize for PC, and the graphics are, considering that this is a $59.99 supposedly AAA title, mediocre.

Getting into the core gameplay for multiplayer, pretty much using your Titan at all puts you at a disadvantage. The maps are too small/crowded in order to warrant actual Titan battles without having to constantly swivel yourself around in one of the game's many narrow corridors. There is maybe 2 maps that this isn't a huge issue on. Maybe if the Titans had a jump or something like that this could have alleviated the problem somewhat, but as is, piloting your Titan is practically useless. You're better off calling a Titanfall and then just having your Titan guard you.

The game apparently has 15 maps? But only cycles through maybe 5 of them at a time. It feels like it's more limited than it should be, I thought the addition of bots would make the game better but it's TERRIBLE; the bots are incredibly incompetent. They add nothing to the game, they're not tough, and they come in abundance; you can skip killing people and kill only bots and get a decent score... but where is the fun in that?

One of the other things is that the game doesn't even have a good campaign mode, all you know is the Militia and the IMC are fighting because... ??? When playing campaign, you constantly have people talking via mic and then the game itself speaking to you at the same time, while you're fighting players. It's nearly impossible to multitask, making split-second decisions while having to listen to other people as well as the game taking to you about the lore.

Speaking of which I couldn't care less about whatever the story is while I'm trying to pilot a Titan and fend off another all the while someone is climbing on my back. I feel like the campaign mode could have been so much better and more engaging if it was just a sort of co-op story where you're fighting NPCs, and had actual cut-scenes between combat and worlds to enlighten your group to the lore. Campaign is literally pretty much Multiplayer... but you don't get to choose what game mode you're playing.

Nextly, lobbies. There is no such thing as a truly private lobby. You can't create a game to play JUST with your friends. In addition, you get kicked from your private lobby after just 5 minutes of not choosing a game mode.

Next thing that REALLY grinds my gears is the lack of skill matchmaking. I couldn't tell you how many times I got into an Attrition, i.e. Death Match (which honestly is pretty much the only game mode anybody is playing), only to have my team consist of six members between level 2 and level 14, while the enemy team consisted of approximately level 32 to level 45. Extremely disappointing because they have exponentially more powerful Titans and gear unlocked.

Oh, speaking of gear. The game boasts 33 weapons, and what a troll that is because that statement neglects to mention its talking about cumulative weapons, including your Titan's weapons. Not counting Titan weapons, you get 1 Shotgun, 2 Sniper Rifles, 2 SMG's, 1 LMG, 2 Assault Rifles, 1 Rifle and last but not at all least, the worst gun of all the Smart Pistol, which is the worst item in the game, pretty much easy mode the pistol. It does all the work for you, and I understand why they put it; in theory: to seem more advanced, more technological. Because a gun that automatically locks onto heads and to people when youre in range and the bullets turn on an automatic trajectory? That sounds advanced to me. This feels like Wanted (the movie) the game. But wheres the fun in that? There is none. One thing I love about the weapons is the EVA Shotgun, because that shotgun works and it is the rudest shotgun I've ever used in a game. That shotgun is the only thing I love in this entire game to be completely honest. You can't customize your guns for how you play, like the EVA-8 Shotgun, it comes with Iron Sights... but you can't change out the sights for anything else. Same thing goes for all the other weapons with their specific perks. And when you create a custom loadout, you can't name it, it literally just sits in "Custom Loadout 1", or 2-5 or so.

Overall, I am honestly very disappointed with the amount of hype that Titanfall had going for it. I was expecting a lot more. I'm not completely shutting my door to Titanfall, but it is not worth $60, especially with the amount of issues that they have right now. I'll probably wait until they get their **** together and possibly until it goes on sale, but for now I'm just going to shake my head and spend my money on a different game.
  6. Mar 19, 2014
    My biggest purchasing regret in living memory. Don't be fooled by the hundreds of millions they spent on marketing, this the pinnacle of gaming mediocrity.
  7. Mar 11, 2014
    Now before you decide to just look away from this review based on the score, I'll let you know that I'm being fair in weighing everything up. At first Titanfall looked like a great game and I couldn't wait to see what they would add to it. And that's the thing. They didn't. Now I'm not going to say that anyone who likes this game is 'a Microsoft fanboy' because you could just fire aNow before you decide to just look away from this review based on the score, I'll let you know that I'm being fair in weighing everything up. At first Titanfall looked like a great game and I couldn't wait to see what they would add to it. And that's the thing. They didn't. Now I'm not going to say that anyone who likes this game is 'a Microsoft fanboy' because you could just fire a 'fanboy' post right back at me. Fair dues to people who like this game. However I bet that those people like the Call of Duty franchise. Again, fair dues to you if you do, I'm not going to criticise you on that. However, I'm talking from the point of view of a Battlefield and open world loving gamer. For me, this game didn't add anything I hadn't seen before. I get more satisfaction out of blowing stuff up in Battlefield with massive 64 player teams than I do wandering around in a mech killing what were mainly AI with 6v6 teams. And this is one of the main reasons for this rating. After playing games like Battlefield, by comparison these maps feel cramped, the combat feels archaic and while the graphics aren't an eye sore they just don't have that step up above the rest that I for one have come to expect from games with this much hype. I can see people disagreeing with me and saying 'well the graphics don't matter, only the gameplay' and usually I would agree with you. I loved Prototype and at the time that it was released the graphics were nearing the quality of the last generation of consoles. The same goes for Star Wars Battlefront and so on. But I didn't care because the gameplay was just so good and for me that made the game. But with Titanfall I often found myself aiming at the floor because the recoil that I have come to expect from other first person shooter games just wasn't there. And believe me, when there's a crowd of four plus people in front of you and you're standing there shooting the concrete, it can get a little frustrating. But even with all of this mediocrity the game would have usually scored around a 5 or a 6 or even 7 (with a push) with me for being an average shooter with few new mechanics. But I digress, the main reason why this game scored so low is because of the disease that seems to be plaguing many decent games recently. I am of course talking about the dreaded 'Always Online Connection' or 'Always Connected DRM'. This means that if you lose connection to the internet, this wonderful new shooter you just bought... well... you can't play it I'm afraid. If this was the case with a studio such as Crytek or Activision I would say "sure, let's give it a chance!". But it's not. It's with EA. The studio that turned SimCity from my game of the year to that large pile of dust in the corner. I experienced first hand this always online, and there's no other way to put it, catastrophe and let me tell you that I thought EA had learned after this and would put the always online feature to bed. But no, they obviously haven't learned at all and that is why it has scored so low. My advice for this year is to get whatever console you want, they're both great consoles, but be aware that The Order 1886 and The Last of Us, two games I cannot wait to play, are both only on PS4 and that is what I shall be getting. Expand
  8. Mar 13, 2014
    CoD with mechs and parkour. Bad port from the Xbox version. Its hard to imagine how could you make such a poorly optimized PC game with the Source engine. I had to turn off vsync to play "properly".

The game is fun but after 4 hours (+14 from beta) I realised I saw all the content the game could offer. Same quality as the beta, with just some more stuff. I got my Great Game

Same quality as the beta, with just some more stuff. I got my Great Game Guarantee refund on Origin.
  9. Mar 11, 2014
    Probably entertaining for a few hours. It kinda plays like CoD and the parkour mechanic barely do any difference, level design is poor, they tried to make maps for parkour, but then remembered they had to make it practicable for Titans. So every map feels not good enough for Titan play or pilot play. Overall it's really disappointing. They obviously have been restricted in the processProbably entertaining for a few hours. It kinda plays like CoD and the parkour mechanic barely do any difference, level design is poor, they tried to make maps for parkour, but then remembered they had to make it practicable for Titans. So every map feels not good enough for Titan play or pilot play. Overall it's really disappointing. They obviously have been restricted in the process because I think the game could have been really good only by tweaking some game modes/rules. Expand
  10. Mar 11, 2014
    COD with Mehc's that feel like nothing more than large humans. The A.I running around is the most boring unchallenging thing I have ever experienced, and most the time you end up killing 5-10 A.I for each and every person you run into. What a let down.
    Really hope they do a better job of Titanfall 2. This game had sooooo much potential.
  11. Mar 11, 2014
    played fps games for decades.. don't believe the over-hyped ads and reviews..
    "winner of over 75 awards" really.. before the game was even released..
    - next gen graphics? disappointingly not even close.. - mechs? go play Hawken on steam for FREE.. LOL - 50gb download.. (35gb required download of multi-language voice packs.. really?) - no server browser - no single player - the
    played fps games for decades.. don't believe the over-hyped ads and reviews..
    "winner of over 75 awards" really.. before the game was even released..

- next gen graphics? disappointingly not even close..
    - mechs? go play Hawken on steam for FREE.. LOL
    - no server browser
    - no single player
    - the multi-player campaign mode with the voice-overs is.. a joke right?
    - definitely plays and feels like a modded COD game.. correction: a poorly optimized COD game..

thank god i purchased from origin.com and was able to get my money back earlier today!

going back to BF4.. waiting for naval strike expansion.. still the most entertaining multi-player fps today..

hooah!
  12. Mar 11, 2014
    I can only play against 6 people at a time? Me and my friends started a match and we were pitted against players MANY times our level? You call that matchmaking? Graphics are nothing to brag about either.
  13. Mar 12, 2014
    I cannot beleive the brainless behaviour people are showing with this game already. People are literally buying all the lies from Respawn Entertainment and even EA god damn it. Game which combines Call of Duty, Mirror's Edge and Tribes is considered new all the sudden? This is the same old. You have to stop and Aim Down The Sights with iron sights inorder to have the best accuracy. There'sI cannot beleive the brainless behaviour people are showing with this game already. People are literally buying all the lies from Respawn Entertainment and even EA god damn it. Game which combines Call of Duty, Mirror's Edge and Tribes is considered new all the sudden? This is the same old. You have to stop and Aim Down The Sights with iron sights inorder to have the best accuracy. There's no fastpaced skillbased action like in Quake3:Arena or Unreal Tournament. You have regenerating health just like in Call of Duty and every other modern FPS. You have short sprint just like in Call of Duty and every other modern FPS. Even the Titans can't run and shoot, they also have to sprint to move fast. You have weapon limit like in Call of Duty and every other modern FPS. You have reqular weapons just like in Call of Duty and every other modern FPS. This is another GENERIC MODERN FPS. What point do you not understand? There are no freezers, biorifles or shrinkrays. All the weapons are just reqular bullet weapons without any imagination. There is no skill involved since this gameplay is the same Call of Duty one hit kill. You shoot people in the back and they have no time to turn since they die from one shot to head, one shot to leg, one shot to toe and one shot to finger..

This is not an Competitive FPS by anymeans. This is nothing compared to true Competitive FPS like Unreal Tournament, Quake3: Arena, or Counter-Strike. This is another generic Console Shooter. Not even close to being a true PC FPS.

Avoid at all costs if you have any brain left.
  14. Mar 11, 2014
    A half finished game that fails to tell a story through multiplayer. Think of the failures brink had and then add dumb ai with larger maps. There are far too few choices of weapons and titans. Pc game is a lacking console port. Typical EA garbage of selling half a game and stretching out 1/4 as dlc and never adding in the rest. Not worth more than 29.99 in the current state.
  15. Mar 11, 2014
    The game is overhyped and overpriced and does not deserve anything beyond a 7.0 score. First of all there is no single player it has only a multiplayer mode, second the graphics are a joke they are average to poor with a lot of low quality textures the game feels like a 2004 generation game, third it gets repetitive and boring really fast the gameplay is so freaking shallow it is only runThe game is overhyped and overpriced and does not deserve anything beyond a 7.0 score. First of all there is no single player it has only a multiplayer mode, second the graphics are a joke they are average to poor with a lot of low quality textures the game feels like a 2004 generation game, third it gets repetitive and boring really fast the gameplay is so freaking shallow it is only run and shoot all the time. I do not believe that this piece of crap costs 60 dollars Expand
  16. Mar 13, 2014
    So, I bought into the hype, I installed Origin despite my distrust for EA and waited as a gigantic 50 gigabytes download finished (it took 2 days and crippled my home internet connection in Australia). I was expecting huge map, massive content and staggering texture details but It turned out that most of the download was audio. I kid you not -- AUDIO. What the ****?

After all this,

After all this, knowing it was a multiplayer only game, I tried to connect to the servers and they were all being hammered... understandable. Then, hours later when things calmed down I finally got to enjoy Titanfall.

For about 5 minutes.

Yeah, it crashed and not just a small crash, whatever origin did ruined the main partition on my SSD that I use for both the main OS and my games. So I can't exactly review this game, at least not on PC. It could be great but it cost me more time than I'll probably be able to play it. My 0 rating is an indication of this. Tread with caution -- you may as well get the Xbox One version though the graphics are absolutely crippled compared to PC version which I admit looked quite good.
  17. Mar 11, 2014
    Minimal storyline, no single player campaign, "full" game (or "expansions", depending on whether or not you're an apologist) is $80 if you buy it up front, $85 if you buy the "season pass" (what seasons have to do with anything is beyond me), and probably $90 if you buy each of the 3 slated "map packs." The multiplayer mode has only 12 players, six per team, at least in "campaign" mode.Minimal storyline, no single player campaign, "full" game (or "expansions", depending on whether or not you're an apologist) is $80 if you buy it up front, $85 if you buy the "season pass" (what seasons have to do with anything is beyond me), and probably $90 if you buy each of the 3 slated "map packs." The multiplayer mode has only 12 players, six per team, at least in "campaign" mode. The inclusion of a bunch of bots attempt to make it feel larger. Another game that doesn't come close to living up to its hype. Expand
  18. Mar 11, 2014
    Ok so here we go ...

- good but dated graphics. - many good ideas that make this shooter A BIT different. - inclusion of AI opponents is surprising and yet disapointing. - sound is great. - netcoding seem stable with some very minor hiccups. But then again ... - not worth 60$ ... Maybe 40$ but even then ... - lack any kind of innovation ... - AI is downright stupid ... Free
    Ok so here we go ...

- good but dated graphics.
    - many good ideas that make this shooter A BIT different.
    - inclusion of AI opponents is surprising and yet disapointing.
    - sound is great.
    - netcoding seem stable with some very minor hiccups.

But then again ...

- not worth 60$ ... Maybe 40$ but even then ...
    - lack any kind of innovation ...
    - AI is downright stupid ... Free experience points though.
    - 50 gig for that ? ...
    - Campaign through multiplayer ... I'd rather have MW2 singleplayer campaign than what I was given in Titanfall.
    - 6 vs 6 ? I'd rather see this game with 64 players.
    - Too little weapon choice.
    - Yet again, can't choose servers ... And many times over, it'll take you a while to get in game because the servers are too slow to connect and then disconnect for no reasons.
  19. Mar 17, 2014
    Sadly, all the good game designers are quitting business, such as Valve who made Half-life, the folks that made Unreal Tournament and now the folks that made Bioshock. What you're left with is half-baked multiplayers such as Call of Duty with tons of lag and inaccurate shooting and now this. Game designers want to give you the smallest content they can for the money. Another example is theSadly, all the good game designers are quitting business, such as Valve who made Half-life, the folks that made Unreal Tournament and now the folks that made Bioshock. What you're left with is half-baked multiplayers such as Call of Duty with tons of lag and inaccurate shooting and now this. Game designers want to give you the smallest content they can for the money. Another example is the latest Resident Evil, Resident Evil 6, which was like one level of RE4. Save your money, rent this game and enjoy it for a few hours then buy it when it comes out in the bargain bin. Expand
  20. Jun 4, 2014
    It's been a couple months since release and unfortunately Titanfall has turned out to be an utterly forgettable title that lost its luster within the first 45 days of release. I'm afraid my initial review must be changed to reflect the current realities of the game. Regeneration challenges aren't enough to keep players around. PC population fell off a cliff in the first month and neverIt's been a couple months since release and unfortunately Titanfall has turned out to be an utterly forgettable title that lost its luster within the first 45 days of release. I'm afraid my initial review must be changed to reflect the current realities of the game. Regeneration challenges aren't enough to keep players around. PC population fell off a cliff in the first month and never recovered. Matchmaking is STILL horrible. There's very little content for the asking price - even less now that there are modes removed from PC version that are still in Xbox One and Xbox 360 versions (Pilot Hunter, specifically). To address this, they'd like you to pay for more maps via DLC! The game is terribly optimized for PC with non-existent support (all Respawn support done through Twitter... what a laugh!). The final product ended up being a hot mess and that's truly a shame because this game seemed to have a lot of potential. Once the novelty of the Titans wears off, most people migrated back to COD for their twitch shooter needs, especially since COD caters to a wide range of players, not just those who want online multiplayer. Also, anyone who writes that the game has a "great story" is either trolling or a shill from EA or Respawn. The "campaign" mode in the game is a joke and the only way to find the backstory on the game is to read it from the Prima Guide! Seriously, the Prima Guide has almost 10 pages dedicated to the back story of the game world and the characters, most of which can't even be found on the official Titanfall site. Expand
  21. Mar 15, 2014
    $60 and all the hype this game garnered is the reason for the low review.

I thought this game was the second coming of Christ for all the hype before release. I NEVER buy games on release unless it is something I know I will love (Civ, etc.) Talk about getting your a$$ pummeled coming late to the game with guys at level 50 with super sniper scope half mile head shot and you have
    $60 and all the hype this game garnered is the reason for the low review.

Talk about getting your a$$ pummeled coming late to the game with guys at level 50 with super sniper scope half mile head shot and you have this crap level 1 pea shooter. Real fun to be noobed over and over again. I think I got to level 4 and that was the worst 2 hours of my life. Each game takes like 15 minutes to finally load. No single player campaign to help bide the time. If you are an ultra competitive online player you ought to love the game. I like to play with a controller on my PC with a beer layed out in the lazy boy.

I am not sure what those graphics all the publicity shows but the game kinda reminds me of original XBox days.

I don't think I will ever buy an EA game again unless it is $10 or under.

EA tactics seem to be the bottom line of their pocketbook, not the welfare of gamers. I am done with EA.
  22. Mar 20, 2014
    Let me honestly tell you I bought the game for PC and I completely regret not playing the beta first. You would think that since the developer omitted a solid single player experience, that online would be a whole new expansive experience but its far from that. Such a cliche amount of few game modes and poor COD like gameplay. If you're into Battlefield 4 i suggest you stay away from thisLet me honestly tell you I bought the game for PC and I completely regret not playing the beta first. You would think that since the developer omitted a solid single player experience, that online would be a whole new expansive experience but its far from that. Such a cliche amount of few game modes and poor COD like gameplay. If you're into Battlefield 4 i suggest you stay away from this game. If you love a mediocre game like Cod then i guess you would like this. Expand
  23. Mar 23, 2014
    Before I start making my review I am NOT an PS fanboy
    Pros:
    Great Graphics Good Controls Smooth Framerate Great Mechanics that have never been in a game before (almost) Cons: No Real Storymode Tons of Bugs Lack of Content Tons of Lag Most maps are REALLY Bad Without Mechs it would just be some Generic Shooter Idiotic A.I. Without Singleplayer this game will become useless in
    Before I start making my review I am NOT an PS fanboy
    Pros:
    Great Graphics
    Good Controls
    Smooth Framerate
    Great Mechanics that have never been in a game before (almost)
    Cons:
    No Real Storymode
    Tons of Bugs
    Idiotic A.I.
    Without Singleplayer this game will become useless in the next 5-10 year
    Recommendation:Xbox Fanboys
  24. Apr 14, 2014
    not possible to perform events when you take every time frags. then you can not vote for the maps, you can not throw a cheater, there are only seven weapons if I'm not mistaken. No single player campaign, the game is not optimized. Opens all six hours later and already know what you're going to play a robot and the pilot. the game is very much enrages many annoying things.60 dollars tonot possible to perform events when you take every time frags. then you can not vote for the maps, you can not throw a cheater, there are only seven weapons if I'm not mistaken. No single player campaign, the game is not optimized. Opens all six hours later and already know what you're going to play a robot and the pilot. the game is very much enrages many annoying things.60 dollars to give for it is not recommend to anyone!!!! Expand
  25. May 7, 2014
    This game seems to have so many problems, yet seem so ignored. I guess people do not play the pc version of it then. As if the xbox had problems. Let us start with the technical difficulties. For the first two months (I say this because I was so mad at the poor performance this game has, and quit it several times.) I couldn't even play the game without crashing as much as 80 % of the timeThis game seems to have so many problems, yet seem so ignored. I guess people do not play the pc version of it then. As if the xbox had problems. Let us start with the technical difficulties. For the first two months (I say this because I was so mad at the poor performance this game has, and quit it several times.) I couldn't even play the game without crashing as much as 80 % of the time I played it. now I only crash like 15-20% of the time I play it now. maybe less. still consistent. But that is just a part of the heap of problems this game has. What's more it has ridicilous load times, which was recently even furthered by some patch meant to fix something else. Maybe it has to do with the ridicilous 50 gigabyte folder that you will have on your computer when installing this. maybe that's why it takes so long to load the right files. 50. gigabyte. Whereas 35 gigabyte (!) is uncompressed soundfiles, which of half is likely nonsense dialogue that nobody gives a damn about. The best game sound I've heard comes from the battlefield series, I dare say bad company 2 had the best sound in the series. and that was four years ago, and it still trumps this uncompressed sound. And that game is 8 gigabytes large. I can't say I've had much technical difficulties when I finally get into the game (besides crashing of course), so that's all good.

And then there's the gameplay aspect, ah yes. My first complaint would be the absolutely horrid matchmaking system. If you've ... say played a halo game online, you will know how this works pretty much (except some crucial differences I'll get to later). The likeness is in that when you lose a game, you will have to quit, because otherwise you will still get pit against the winning team of the last round, which consistently consists of much much much higher ranked people. people who have gotten as far as generation 3+ and beyond. So it's not much use staying there. And there the load times come in again. because you have to login to the main multiplayer menu for some reason, which would take 15 seconds or something. What is good, however is the gameplay, which gives you a regular shooter experience and also the opportunity to pilot a mech. All of this works well and is pretty well balanced. Except maybe that... if you use a gun without silencer you show up as a big dot on your enemies minimap. which kind of sucks, cause then you're likely gonna die. it even shows what height you are standing for your enemy. The guns feels more killzone than CoD strangely enough. Oh and the story is really uninspiring. Maybe this is worth it on a console, because it's not as poorly optimized there (I would not know).
  26. Jul 25, 2014
    This game was such a letdown.... All that hype, all that potential, all of it wasted.

A game that promised to raise the (already pretty low) bar of FPS like CoD ends up being a very mediocre game. Barely any customization (NO CUSTOMIZATION FOR MECHS? **** THAT), only a handful of maps, a ****IN' JOKE they dare call "story", the god-damn AIMBOT GUN THAT EVERYONE USES... So many flaws that bring down a game I would've played over most other "big" fps.

The maps are sub-par, some better than other. The parkour ends up being pretty annoying when it's used against you with the headshot pistol or any shotgun. The sound is ok, the music is forgettable. It's just a sad story about a game that tried to completely change the FPS scene and fell short. It's not a bad game, it just isn't good enough at what it does. As an FPS, mos Battlefields are better, and as a Mech game it's not very interesting.

Still, if you manage to find a few people who play fair and don't have 200 ping, you can have some fun.
  27. Nov 1, 2014
    The game is SH*T! Only 7 weapons, **** it! Can somebody tell me why I would play a game with SO MANY flaws?
    PROS & CONS
    ---- PROS - Nice Gameplay - Like COD - Intense Battles CONS - 32 F***ing gigabytes of UNCOMPRESSED AUDIO. 32GB! - Takes forever to install - Only 7 Weapons - Waste of 60$ - Not Only 32gb of uncompressed audio, but at least 20 something gb of actual game
    PROS & CONS
    ----
    PROS
    - Nice Gameplay
    - Like COD
    - Intense Battles
    CONS
    - 32 F***ing gigabytes of UNCOMPRESSED AUDIO. 32GB!
    - Takes forever to install
    - Only 7 Weapons
    - Waste of 60$
    - Not Only 32gb of uncompressed audio, but at least 20 something gb of actual game content, making for a over 50gb installation for a game that doesnt have enough content to begin with.
    THE VERDICT
    If you want a sci-fi shooter, get Advanced Warfare, Halo, or Destiny. Honestly.. :L
  28. Mar 26, 2014
    Honestly its a run and gun twitch shooter with no single player and a steep price tag... If you played a call of duty you've pretty much played this but it does have a free running mechanic that works when it wants to. And mechs that copy bioshock abilities... For the lazy it has a gun that aims itself! Oh and it has a gratification system oh you did something very good look at all theseHonestly its a run and gun twitch shooter with no single player and a steep price tag... If you played a call of duty you've pretty much played this but it does have a free running mechanic that works when it wants to. And mechs that copy bioshock abilities... For the lazy it has a gun that aims itself! Oh and it has a gratification system oh you did something very good look at all these numbers you get to feel good about yourself. Stay away go play a shooter that trys Expand
  29. Apr 7, 2014
    This game had a lot of hype behind it and I was expecting a lot too. In paper it was a lot different than your average FPS-game but somehow it still isn't.

For some reason I got bored with it really fast. The amount of players per match is quite low, and the maps are pretty small. This goes to the same category with me as Call of Duty -games. These games entertain a certain kind of

This goes to the same category with me as Call of Duty -games. These games entertain a certain kind of gamers, but for some reason I have never understood these games and their appeal for some people at all. Maybe Titanfall is made for a supercasual gamer, but I couldn't ever put lot of hours in the game because of its repetitiveness.
  30. Apr 19, 2014
    The basics of gameplay are mostly spot on. Shooting the guns against the AI eels great, not so great against real players. The wall-waking and jet-pack jumping is strangely satisfying.

But to what price? Remember the annoying bunny hopping in COD (all versions)? It has been sadly elevated to a feature. When facing real players it turns into a jump-fest. It seems that many cheats used

It seems that many cheats used in FPS are elevated to 'features' - some temporary, some permanent: invisibility, constant jet-jumps from real players, x-ray vision etc. Everything I hated in CoD is in Titanfall!!!

This restricts the appeal of the game to a certain population. It is aimed mainly at pre-18yo teenagers. despite the 18 certificate.

The hit boxes are weird - too big for AI enemies and seem too small for real players. It is difficult to say whether your shot hits the enemy or not. It is strangely unsatisfying to get a kill. AI is silly - most of the time, in close combat, I just kick them - no waste of ammo.

For now, it is difficult to figure out who is enemy and who is friendly. In the heat of play is difficult to spot the name tags. The uniforms are too much alike!!!

Maps and gameplay are interesting, but 6v6 MP, matchmaking system and weird hit boxes lets the game down. Matchmaking means that sometimes you just wait and wait for a game to get set up. Loading times are veeeeryyyyyy loooooong!

This game would be great with dedicated servers and full customization of gameplay. I would love to play on a server where we could disable certain features! But that's not going to happen, sadly! The new private match features may help here, but being ...err private, makes it kind of useless. Nothing can replace public servers!

A huge download for the PC - almost 50GB. Really?!!! For what? The uncompressed sound files. Which are then used to generate chatter on the radio. Huge price for an attempt at immersion. It works for the first day or so, then it becomes tedious! Same repetitive drivel that doesn't help in the gameplay - there is no story line!

Worth £60 for the game+season pass? No! Get it on sale, get it on sale, get it on sale!!! There is no guarantee people will buy the add-ons. After all, EA or Respawn could always kill the servers at some point. They have done it before.

A 2 for the innovation in gameplay.

Respawn, for PC, please bring public servers to Titanfall, otherwise the interest will fade soon. For some it is already gone!
  31. May 15, 2014
    Had high hopes for this, costed a lot of money and after 2 weeks it got stale. Also i dont like being forced to use origin. why cant EA just give us the choice to use steam
  32. Mar 18, 2014
    With a reliable internet connection i was still getting 100 pings which made the game unplayable. If only it had an offline mode i could mess around with. All ready deleted it from my computer including Origin which you need to run the game.
  33. Mar 21, 2014
    A lot of other people here are raising the same points I'd like too, but in much more cogent ways, so I'm going to address the WAIT TIME between matches.

In a three hour period (180 minutes) in which I kept track: 112 Minutes were spent playing (Which is merely fun-ish. By the way, the parkour isn't that useful- it requires your complete focus, and I always scored better when I just

In a three hour period (180 minutes) in which I kept track:

112 Minutes were spent playing (Which is merely fun-ish. By the way, the parkour isn't that useful- it requires your complete focus, and I always scored better when I just played like a normal FPS and mostly ignored the parkour aspects)

68 Minutes were spent WAITING to play. Over one hour of my time, that day, was spent WAITING. First, you WAIT for enough players, then you WAIT through a voice over explaining the mission, and then you WAIT (yes, even more waiting) through 30 second or so cut scenes that you watch over and over and over again. They stop being cool the third time you play the same map.

I could go on about the massive size (50GB), the ridiculous price point ($60-$80 USD), the poor optimization (34GB of uncompressed audio files, for example), the low quality graphics (10 year old engine), but as I said you can read a dozen of those here already.

If you want this game, make sure your OK with it WASTING so much of your TIME.
  34. Apr 3, 2014
    Pretty entertaining, but it's basically like Counterstrike for 60 bucks. I think the game lacks a lot of and the need for skill. After 30-60 minutes, you're sick of doing the same thing over and over again. If you are filthy rich, I'd recommend getting this game. It's fun for short little stints. For everyone else, save your money.
  35. Mar 23, 2014
    Prepare for disappointment. The severe lack of content ruins this game. Minimal unlocks, maps and content. $20 Indie games with a fraction of the man hours has more content than TItanfall. The "Campaign" is basically the same as classic multiplayer except with a small 10 second cutscene before every match. You can easily beat the entire campaign in 1 hour. The story is non-exisitant. TherePrepare for disappointment. The severe lack of content ruins this game. Minimal unlocks, maps and content. $20 Indie games with a fraction of the man hours has more content than TItanfall. The "Campaign" is basically the same as classic multiplayer except with a small 10 second cutscene before every match. You can easily beat the entire campaign in 1 hour. The story is non-exisitant. There are 2 cool campaign Normany invasion style maps, other than that not much. After you finished campaign the only thing to do is play online and do the same thing over and over. There is some fun to be had. The action is fast paced, Titans bring a new element to the gameplay and Smart Pistol is an unique weapon that could be a lot of fun. But, honestly where is the rest of the game? Did EA really charge us 59.99 for this? I don't care if the DLCs coming up will make the game legendary. They lost their trust and reputation by holding back content so they can release it in a future DLC... that is the risk they take by doing that. The competitive feeling is absent because you are pretty much killing bots most of the time. Titan gameplay is pretty much shoot, kite and regen shield. The Titan upgrades that exist are not balanced at all. Some upgrades are useless while others are OP. Not even the main attraction; Titans, don't make it worth it. Little unlocks and it doesn't feel satisfying. The first thing I noticed about shooting a Titan is how unsatisfying it is. It's like they forgot the animations for taking direct damage. The only thing that signals damage is sparks and fire after a Titan loses x amount of health. Is this new gen or old gen?

I can't believe all these major reviews that gave this game such high marks. That's the only reason why I bought this game. I'm convinced a large percentage of those major reviewers are bribed by EA. There is nothing innovative about this game at all. It's a joke. Wall running is nothing new and it doesn't offer some new FPS mechanics... it's only used to get around places. Titans doesn't feel innovative as well. It basically feels like a BF4 tank that move faster, can punch and use other powers. I had more fun playing as a Mech in Natural Selection 2(which is an indie game that often goes on sale for $2 and is far and beyond better than Titanfall). This game doesn't change anything. It's just another over rated shooter that proclaims to be the next best thing. Unfortunately, you can see the greed of EA by the lack of content in this game. They want people to buy their season's pass. I learned my lesson, if it's by EA and offers a season's pass: DO NOT BUY IT.

It can be a fun game if you like fast paced action. The severe lack of content and unbalanced game play however, simply ruins the game for me. Not worth the full retail price. Wait for the game to go on sale or just don't buy it. I'm only giving this a 0 because there are way too many over rated reviews. I would have given it a 4. If you are put off with games that are repetitive and have no content than do not buy this.

Bottomline is game's not worth it. I know other successful games like TF2 you only kill stuff, but there is much more to do in TF2 and you don't get bored of it. The only thing you are doing in Titanfall is shoot stuff and call your lackluster titan. I regret buying this game. If I can stop even one person from buying this game then it makes writing this review worth it.

Pros
    - Fast paced action
    - Smart Pistol
    - It does a good job of making every player feel like a badass because of the endless wave of bots

Cons
    - Shocking lack of content
    - Graphics are nothing good
    - Sound is not memorable
    - Campaign is a pointless addition that tries to add something but fails horribly
    - No Story
    - No Single Player
    - Almost forces people to buy the season's pass because there is not enough content
    - Super repetitive
    - Matchmaking is awful(wait times are too long, unbalanced teams are common, can't switch sides, only 6 players per side)
    - Too much greed with EA
  36. Mar 18, 2014
    Decent game, but not GREAT. Pretty much just another generic COD type of game. Definitely doesn't deserve the high ratings it's getting and it certainly isn't worth it's super high price tag.
  37. Mar 15, 2014
    Dull, overhyped, shallow, underwhelming, graphically poor, terrible AI, poor map design, aimbot weapons, terrible matchmaking and lobby, no server browser, more time spent waiting in lobbies than playing, optimized for 11 year olds (ie no skill required), ridiculous 50GB download, no single player and a multiplayer experience that doesn't make up for it, little in the way of weaponry,Dull, overhyped, shallow, underwhelming, graphically poor, terrible AI, poor map design, aimbot weapons, terrible matchmaking and lobby, no server browser, more time spent waiting in lobbies than playing, optimized for 11 year olds (ie no skill required), ridiculous 50GB download, no single player and a multiplayer experience that doesn't make up for it, little in the way of weaponry, bots, 6v6, ugly looking maps, low res textures, 60 FPS cap, 792P res which looks just awful.
    If it were $30 I wouldn't be so pissed off with the game but this is meant to be a game-changing, AAA, next-gen shooter. Game changing it is not. Next-gen it is not and AAA it is not.
    I got my refund from Origin after playing 12+ hours. Don't waste your money.
  38. Apr 18, 2014
    This is a terrible game, not sure why there are so many positive reviews. It is COD+Mirror's edge. The Titans themselves are just giant infantry, you are basically just scaling up so they are not even vehicles like on Battlefield. This is just EA making another COD attempt like they did with Battlefield 4, and all they ended up with is a game that is remembered as trash because COD itselfThis is a terrible game, not sure why there are so many positive reviews. It is COD+Mirror's edge. The Titans themselves are just giant infantry, you are basically just scaling up so they are not even vehicles like on Battlefield. This is just EA making another COD attempt like they did with Battlefield 4, and all they ended up with is a game that is remembered as trash because COD itself is trash. Stop trying to sell to the casual FPS crowd, the game those people want is trash and will lose a company the actual gamers. Expand
  39. Apr 26, 2014
    To sum up Titanfall is simple. Over hyped. This is over rated by almost all of the major reviewers out there. I believe that once trusted sites such as Gamespot, IGN and others are losing their integrity by giving this game more than it justly deserves. A good 6.0 out of 10. Nothing wrong with the game, but certainly a far fry from revolutionary or re-inventive etc.

The graphics are not

The graphics are not even last gen, they are 2004/05 at best. The gameplay feels clunky and the so called campaign is a joke. The AI is the worst I have experienced in many years. The only redeeming qualities of this game is the actual Titan concept. This has clearly been a copy and paste job like a sandwich with multiple spreads ripping ideas from Battlefield 2142 and shoving them into a Call of Duty universe / gameplay style. I can only give it a 3.00. Mainstream reviewers should be ashamed of themselves for praising this farce.
  40. Apr 5, 2014
    This re-imagining of the CoD genre(twitchy FPS shooter) has some great ideas. The merging of multi-jump, wall running and mechs are interesting. That's where the game falls apart. Balance of weapons ruins the game badly.

First of all, the aimbot pistol (smart pistol) is the dumbest addition to any online competitive shooter. It has no business in an online FPS game. The shotgun is extremely OP. This can be balanced, the aimbot pistol just needs to be removed.

Beyond that. The game has moments of fun but it just feels like a shallow shooter with little to no depth. You play a VERY CoD like shooter but with jet pack jumping then now and then you get a mech to use if you choose. The weapons are very few to choose from but cover all normal types of guns, a assault rifle, a LMG and DMR like gun, a sniper rifle. There is only one of each however.

The game doesn't feel worth 60 bucks. 50 would be pushing it. As another user posted, there are free to play games that offer better value and substance.
  41. Apr 14, 2014
    What is titanfall? answer: a first person shoot with what must be the least content of any first person game released. This game gives a new low to minimal content. Few maps, guns and modes. Needs a lot of work to improve/fix bugs.

The game costs too too much. There are better free to play games.
  42. Jun 22, 2014
    Titanfall suffers from a number of issues, one of which is lack of content.

There are few weapons, few attachments, few gadgets, etc. Now, a limited number of weapons is not an issue if they require practice to improve your skill. Like Counter-Strike for example, where most players use a limited number of weapons that require practice to master. That's not the case in Titanfall.
    Titanfall suffers from a number of issues, one of which is lack of content.

That's not the case in Titanfall. The weapons of Titanfall do not require skill developed through repetition, they are laser weapons with fake recoil, the weapon kicks, but its effect on accuracy is non-existent.

The parkour gameplay mechanic is also simplistic and does not require even a tenth the skill required to move efficiently in a game such as Unreal or Quake, and any comparison to those old-school shooters is insulting.

But what vexes me the most is the terrible A.I. controlled grunts whose mere existence shatters the illusion of a battle between two human factions who posses fully developed brains by acting in the most robotic manner imaginable.

It's one thing for the ROBOTS to behave like robots, but to see the human grunts behave like that is pathetic.

Paper targets at the gun range put up more of a fight.

It's clear to me they were trying to develop a more casual and approachable shooter than even Call of Duty, and they succeeded by taking the Call of Duty formula and adding these simpleton A.I. opponents so that even your grandmother could get a few kills.

To summarize: Titanfall is a shallow, repetitive and dull barebones shooter from developers known for making shallow, repetitive and casual shooters, and will surely entertain casual gamers and those who aren't "hardcore" into first-person shooters.

0/10, would not shootbang.
  43. Aug 27, 2014
    Bloody hell 50gig install for old school fps (and not in a good old schooly way either). Horrible textures, poor lighting. Reasonably fun gameplay (if only for a short time as it gets old fast). Seriously loooooong load times for what looks like a bad xbox game, did I mention 50gigs?
  44. Sep 14, 2014
    No real campaign, couldn't care less about the potential cool world you're shooting stuff up in. Gets repetitive real fast and the servers are already dieing.
  45. May 27, 2014
    I think Titanfall is a lot of fun. However that doesn't mean I'll slap a green rating on this game. The $60 price tag is OUTRAGEOUS and that doesn't even factor in the extra cost of the "expedition" pack. Pfffft. Also the load times are atrocious. Click play "loading" click play campaign "loading" after teams fill "loading" oh wow I finally get to play now
  46. Jun 19, 2014
    UPDATE ! Matchmaking destroyed this game for me and my friends who were playing tis game from beggining. No idea why Respawn didnt implement dedicated community servers like CS and any other succesfull MULTIPLAYER fps have done in the past (ofcourse they said they will...and atm we got some kind of broken beta and private matches. Right Now it takes 15 minutes to conect to any expeditionUPDATE ! Matchmaking destroyed this game for me and my friends who were playing tis game from beggining. No idea why Respawn didnt implement dedicated community servers like CS and any other succesfull MULTIPLAYER fps have done in the past (ofcourse they said they will...and atm we got some kind of broken beta and private matches. Right Now it takes 15 minutes to conect to any expedition mode, and from vanilla maps only hardpoint and attrition are still in game tbh.
    Couple months after release and they take away 2 classic modes like CTF and Pilot Hunt (basicly team deathmatch) from game ?

Something is seriously wrong with this game atm. Its still "fun", but its just PUG vs PUG all the time... and where are 2 more xpacs almost 6 months after release ? No one will be left to play them if nothing changes. Just copy Counter Strike community server's and this game will be afloat till titanfall 2 ...
  47. May 20, 2014
    So, if I remember it right, I paid 60$ + 25$ for the game and the season pass. The full game...
    But apparently Respawn thinks they can remove 2 modes from the game without even consulting with the community, and guess what those games are? Capture The Flag and Pilot Hunter.

The game is already boring due to the lack of content, (5 modes in total, 10 weapons, 3 of them are viable, 3 classes, 3 titans), so instead of adding content, they actually removed content from the game, and why so? because no one was playing CTF and PH (and to promote their new maps in 2 new playlists), and the reason is simple, In CTF, you were allowed you to carry the flag even if you were in titan, which is why most of us didn't play it that much, and they actually fixed it. While PH is simply another Attrition (but minions won't give you the win in this mode, yaaay, variety), but guess what? a day after, they actually removed them, or at least the fixed CTF.

And let me quote Rock Paper Shotgun on this..
    "if I can’t predict that what I’m paying for will still exist even two months after release, why would I ever buy an EA or Respawn multiplayer game again?"

Long story short...
    If you're thinking about buying this game, just don't. If someone already kicked you in the head, you bought the game and thinking about buying the season pass, don't.
  48. Mar 16, 2014
    I really hoped that this game will be new Unreal Tournament. It has same fast movement with some parkour movement additions. The main problem is that you get really awfully low amount of content and weapons are CoD selection in sci-fi game. The weapons are just garbage, if you wana make CoD gunplay you can add some interesting weapons, but only one that is semi interesting is the smartI really hoped that this game will be new Unreal Tournament. It has same fast movement with some parkour movement additions. The main problem is that you get really awfully low amount of content and weapons are CoD selection in sci-fi game. The weapons are just garbage, if you wana make CoD gunplay you can add some interesting weapons, but only one that is semi interesting is the smart pistol. Only 3 Titans and no other vehicles is another joke. The story campaign is total trash, if they added single player mod with AI bots and more mods the game would be better. This game is huge let down and i bet EA will see a lot of fast refunds from players. The funny thing about this game is that Titanfall got less multiplayer content than for example Crysis 3, where Crysis 3 was primarily single player game and dont even compare these 2 games in terms of graphics. Expand
  49. Mar 15, 2014
    This game is 50GB. 35GB of that is audio. The developers haven't figured out how to compress audio files and they're trying to sell a $60 game. Hold off on buying this game until the development team learns how to use Audacity.
  50. Mar 22, 2014
    It's Call of Duty with robots. That's it. If you are shooting at an enemy and get 7 hit markers, nope he still gets the melee kill. The parkour is fine, the titans are fine and shockingly well balanced to the entire game. It always boils down to the same call of duty twitch shooter gameplay that we've had for years though. If you want Call of Duty with robots, buy this. If you were hopingIt's Call of Duty with robots. That's it. If you are shooting at an enemy and get 7 hit markers, nope he still gets the melee kill. The parkour is fine, the titans are fine and shockingly well balanced to the entire game. It always boils down to the same call of duty twitch shooter gameplay that we've had for years though. If you want Call of Duty with robots, buy this. If you were hoping it would be something more, save your money. Expand
  51. Mar 15, 2014
    Long wait times: you log in, then choose a match, bla bla, eventually you got a 90 second counter. Play a short match, here comes another 90 seconds of boredom. Why?

FPS, fast but pure brainless reflex based run and gun (although your adrenaline moments will soon fade into 90 second countdowns). Titans don't feel large nor powerful. Tactical situations can't develop since the game is too fast and confusing. Double jump from the air? Yeah, right! Game has blatant disregard for the laws of physics.

Still for 60 Euro I'd expect a nice single player campaign (like Mass effect), because the PvP became boring after 1-2 hours of play.

Not worth the money at all.
  52. Mar 30, 2014
    PC version has assisted-aiming when you plug an Xbox controller into your computer. The game feels like a console shooter to the max. Complete trash, avoid this really bad shooter and pick up a good PC shooter like Arma, Counter-Strike, Insurgency, Red Orchestra, etc.
  53. Apr 2, 2014
    Hightlights:

-No single player campaign.
    -80% of the content requires vast amounts of grind to unlock.
    -A max of 6v6 players per match.
    -Requires Origin to run.
    -Average graphics.
    -The parkour is quite fun.
  54. Mar 30, 2014
    Reminds me of Duke Nukem on the local network back in the 90's. Yea graphics and mechanics are top notch, but Just so tired of getting killed and not even knowing why. I play all types of shooters, but there is too much going on at once to enjoy, a real waste of money for me. I would rather reload Defiance and play again then waste anymore time on this game. Only a couple more weeksReminds me of Duke Nukem on the local network back in the 90's. Yea graphics and mechanics are top notch, but Just so tired of getting killed and not even knowing why. I play all types of shooters, but there is too much going on at once to enjoy, a real waste of money for me. I would rather reload Defiance and play again then waste anymore time on this game. Only a couple more weeks before Dark Souls is out to keep me busy. I played 10 minutes, so the game cost me 6 dollars a minute :-( Expand
  55. Aug 20, 2014
    The fast-paced fluid movement and 'feel' of Titanfall make it seem really fun...for about 5 minutes. Then you begin to realize how incredibly repetitive it is, and boredom sets in. A handful of game modes, most of which have been around for since the dawn of shooters, only a handful of weapons, and the same lazy mechanic, over and over and over again...sorry Respawn, big robots and jumpingThe fast-paced fluid movement and 'feel' of Titanfall make it seem really fun...for about 5 minutes. Then you begin to realize how incredibly repetitive it is, and boredom sets in. A handful of game modes, most of which have been around for since the dawn of shooters, only a handful of weapons, and the same lazy mechanic, over and over and over again...sorry Respawn, big robots and jumping off walls aren't enough to keep us interested. Your game sucks.

Add to that a crappy matchmaking system (non-stop loading screens that seem to take forever, no free-for-all, no skill-based re-balancing) and slow, laggy servers...your game sucks.

Finally, throw in the multitude of cheaters employing aimbots and ESP hacks, which Respawn seems powerless to do anything about, all on top of a 60 dollar price tag...your game SUCKS.

Do yourself a favor: if you're determined to waste money on Titanfall, just flush $20 down the toilet and put the rest back in your wallet. You'll save $40 along with a bunch of headaches and regret.
  56. Apr 7, 2014
    Graphics engine is dated, screen tearing and texture quality is bad. In intense battles, system stutters (I have dual 780tis). Player and Tital buildouts are very limited, leveled up players have a huge advantage early on. The entire game looks and feels like a faster COD title. No server browser, no way to keep up with and follow friends in/out of game. Bots are horrible; it's clearGraphics engine is dated, screen tearing and texture quality is bad. In intense battles, system stutters (I have dual 780tis). Player and Tital buildouts are very limited, leveled up players have a huge advantage early on. The entire game looks and feels like a faster COD title. No server browser, no way to keep up with and follow friends in/out of game. Bots are horrible; it's clear they were added to "simulate" more players in the arena. Given all the marketing and rave reviews by so called "Critic Reviewers" it's clear that we've been hustled and misled. The is somewhat fun, the shallowness of the game will have you moving on to something else in just a few hours/days of playing. A straight ripoff. Expand
  57. Mar 15, 2014
    I sincerely don't understand the hype. It is a nice engine with boring gameplay and boring content. Even though the maps are different, it barely matters --- it feels like the same round over and over.

The Titans don't add anything to the gameplay [basically FPS interface with different weapons, etc.] Considering the game modes are dull and there is no single player, it's unclear why you would play this when there are a bazillion UT/Quake/CoD variations and mods with better content and a cleaner experience. Don't waste your money --- or use the EA Origin return policy to send it back and suggest they spend money on innovative games instead of PR.
  58. Mar 16, 2014
    Completely overhyped garbage, it has nothing new to offer, graphics aren't next gen(for a next gen game), autoaim, smalls maps, bots, no single player and they charge 60$ for this trash, the only people who can like this is console users and COD kiddies. Oh yea now lets wait for 15$ dlc each few months, don't buy this. Ill give it 1 because it has futuristic setting.
  59. Mar 15, 2014
    The game feel like a beta release. The auto pistol kills everything so fast and with instant kick kills the balance is very off. The titans ends up being a gimmick that is best to let him auto follow you while you cleaned up all of the other players/nps's. The NPC has the WORST AI I have ever seen and just ends up being a distraction between players and cannon fodder. I love FPS gamesThe game feel like a beta release. The auto pistol kills everything so fast and with instant kick kills the balance is very off. The titans ends up being a gimmick that is best to let him auto follow you while you cleaned up all of the other players/nps's. The NPC has the WORST AI I have ever seen and just ends up being a distraction between players and cannon fodder. I love FPS games but haven't been into the call of duty series at all, I don't understand why you would want to keep coming back to this. Expand
  60. Apr 15, 2014
    After playing for 20 hours, here's my take: Don't bother. On the surface, Titanfall seems to promise alot. The multi-million dollar marketing campaign is all about getting you to buy a game that can't stand on its own merits. The graphics are average at best. By today's standards, it's clear that this is a rehash of the COD engine. The graphics, interface and multiplayer componentsAfter playing for 20 hours, here's my take: Don't bother. On the surface, Titanfall seems to promise alot. The multi-million dollar marketing campaign is all about getting you to buy a game that can't stand on its own merits. The graphics are average at best. By today's standards, it's clear that this is a rehash of the COD engine. The graphics, interface and multiplayer components look and feel like COD. In comparison to other shooters on the market, Titanfall seriously lacks content; weapons, upgrades, maps, etc...
    Net code is buggy and you constantly have problems getting and maintaining a connection to Origin, which disconnects you from an actual game. The biggest negative in this game is the lack of actual human players in MULTIPLAYER. Multiplayer is half stuffed with retarded bots that add nothing meaningful to the game. Clearly they made this decision to work within dire limitations in the engine (and their scheduled ship dates). To NOT have a single player, then to put bots in multiplayer is a conjob on a grand scale.

If you are new to shooters, you will find this game fun for a few hours, but if you are an experienced shooter, this game will have you feeling played/hustled. One of the wort shooters I've every purchased.
  61. May 9, 2014
    This has to get a low mark becuase the hype does not justify the delivery or the price. People talk about it being an awesome fps but what fps has no single player campaign? None, that is what. It's a massive rip. It has some movement innovation but actual combat wise, nothing new compared to a dozen other games. If you dont rush around constantly you won't get much out of it at all, andThis has to get a low mark becuase the hype does not justify the delivery or the price. People talk about it being an awesome fps but what fps has no single player campaign? None, that is what. It's a massive rip. It has some movement innovation but actual combat wise, nothing new compared to a dozen other games. If you dont rush around constantly you won't get much out of it at all, and if you DO like rushing around at high octane all the time, you'll get kind of bored after about five hours. Roll on seeing this at a realistic price. Expand
  62. Sep 6, 2014
    i bought this game 2 weeks ago and i don't play it any more, a few maps only,
    at my best i only kill 12 o 13 pilots. I am more a person who want to kill 30 times in a match rather than kill bots like grunt or the other one
  63. Mar 16, 2014
    Didn't like it AT ALL. Running, shooting, dying... Not interesting at all. The most expansive and the most uninteresting game I've bought during the last year.
  64. Apr 8, 2014
    Ah. Titanfail. So what's included in this expensive package of garbage you ask? Limited weapons, minimal weapon customization, small number of maps and the atrocious 'single-player' campaign.

If you thought the beta was bad, guess what? This is the beta. So, the beta was excused for not having much content because it was technically still in 'development'. Seeing as how the full game is exactly the same is just inexcusable and lazy on the developers part. If you thought Call of Duty was bad, just wait until EA start milking the hell out of this franchise, just like they did with NFS and Battlefield.
  65. Mar 18, 2014
    This game has some core concepts that could have set it head and shoulders above many many other games. However being that it is entirely dependent on a matchmaking system leaving no provisions for player-administrated servers it opens itself up from a software architectural standpoint to a vast array of cheats. Between the aimbot exploits and anti-consumer design decisions thatThis game has some core concepts that could have set it head and shoulders above many many other games. However being that it is entirely dependent on a matchmaking system leaving no provisions for player-administrated servers it opens itself up from a software architectural standpoint to a vast array of cheats. Between the aimbot exploits and anti-consumer design decisions that arbitrate narrow minded design onto people I cannot say this game is good or even decent. This is a terrible game in the end. I am now completely unable to even play the game due to the rampant hacking going on. Expand
  66. Mar 19, 2014
    Never seen a game so overhyped. Shame on all those websites regurgitating 4-5 articles a day promoting this. Will never visit again.
    How can we trust the game journalism industry when their livelihood depend on checks from Microsoft, EA, Activision and such ? We can't, that simple. Something really needs to change
  67. Mar 22, 2014
    Believe The Hype - EA
    Believe The Hype - EA
    That statement is a lie. This game is very boring, and unenjoyable, the reason why im saying that is for 1. A very large lack of weapons for your titan and pilot loadouts 2. The maps are either too big, or too small, and theres only like 10 maps or somthing 3. The campaign is utter **** its an online only campaign that you can finish in about 90 minutes, assuming that you don't get sent back to the previous mission 30 times because no one is playing that mission that you need to finish the campaign 4. When a team has titans, and the other does not, it becomes a really un-fair fight, the team with titans can just easily wipe out the other side 5. NO CUSTOMIZATION: if you were thinking you could color your titan with pink & rainbows with unicorns or whatever, you're wrong... I really don't know why they wouldn't let you do that, same with the pilots too 6. Large lack of game modes, theres only Team deathmatch (A.K.A Attrition), hardpoint domination (just standard domination), last titan standing (not even fun), and the "Variety pack" all this does is just switch up the gamemodes...

In the end, this game isn't worth the "Hype", or the $60... it should be a $20-$30 title...
  68. Mar 16, 2014
    Looks like fun, plays like crap. I really like how it replays how you died so you can see how the guy kicked you from 20 feet away or the bullets were not anywhere near you. If you love broken games you'll love this one because it will leave no doubt in your mind their crap is broken. Short game with bad multiplayer. Visually beautiful. A well polished turd.
  69. Mar 17, 2014
    If you don't read any further know this. This game is multiplayer only and I couldn't tell the maps apart. The gameplay was uninspired and not enjoyable. $59.99 used to buy you a full game, now you get a quickly thrown together joke of a multiplayer experience with a laughable "Campaign" mode thrown in to trick you and make you cry for more.

This is worse than when I was told that I

This is worse than when I was told that I would love Battlefront because there were Star Wars characters in it. Well those games sucked and just because there's robots and shooting doesn't mean this game was going to be good either, but I gave it a gamble anyway. Man I wish I was a console gamer and could take this back to GameStop for store credit.

This game is very fast paced and the fun is very limited to the times when you are enjoying your mechanical suit of armor and weapons. The trouble is, you only get to use the thing once or twice per match assuming you aren't killed on the way to your mech. You then spend the next three or four lives trying to make your way back across the enormous map to find your now half dead auto-fighting mech. If you do manage to get in your Titan the fun lasts at most a minute or two. Small enemies you can't see will destroy you while you work on the three or four guys from the other team who all got their's at the same time.

And don't get me started on the load times. Between the game cut scenes of Campaign to the load times and 90 second lobby wait you will spend most of your time waiting to play the game. Put on your patience cap and hope your "room mates" have good ping.

The leveling is worthless and the Burn cards are a joke. If I run faster it just means I get to die quicker. And even if the smart pistol is "smarter" it doesn't make it any more useful in a quick firefight with an actual human player. The Smart Pistol has got to be a joke by the game makers. It can kill instantly any grunt in the game. But any human with 2 feet can be impossible to lock on. And forget just shooting the thing like a gun, direct non-smart hits are like butterfly kisses. I get killed every time I round a corner and see another machine gun wielding player because no matter how many bullets I put into his head, it doesn't count if the little circle wasn't red.

Another side note. I have never once seen one of my grenades explode. I have thrown every grenade I have ever had in the game and never once did I see an explosion or kill or injure another person. I don't know what this can be attributed to but it was very disappointing. I was also unable to get the game to run at a decent framerate despite playing the game on an MSI GS70 Stealth on the lowest settings. At most the game pushed 25 FPS. The lag and jerkiness of the gameplay was at times unbearable, others acceptable, but never did it reach what I would call polished and playable. I intend on uninstalling this game after I finish writing this review. 49.99 GB is way too much space for this piece of garbage to eat up on my hard drive and I can't even get enjoyment out of my $59.99 purchase. It is a sad day.
  70. Mar 15, 2014
    This game is completely not worth the $60 that you spend for the game. It was a big title with tons of hype and now I have just another icon sitting on my desktop. I am super pissed about the amount of hackers in this game, it is absolutely trash because of it and shouldn't be allowed. I saw a guy clip around the map in one match, left the lobby after reporting and then an hour laterThis game is completely not worth the $60 that you spend for the game. It was a big title with tons of hype and now I have just another icon sitting on my desktop. I am super pissed about the amount of hackers in this game, it is absolutely trash because of it and shouldn't be allowed. I saw a guy clip around the map in one match, left the lobby after reporting and then an hour later another guy was clipping through walls to shoot people. This is bull **** and a company like EA should spend a hell of a lot more money on punkbuster-like systems to negate the amount of hacking that is involved in the game, I know that it all can't be solved but to the extent that is in the game right now is ridiculous. Seriously, save your money and don't bother, I promise you'll be disappointed when you get owned by a computer program. Expand
  71. Apr 8, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Titanfail is 100% goat sh....

- Price ---> fail
    - Longevity ----> fail
    - EA ----> fail
    - Gameplay fail
    - COD with mech
    - VERY BAD porting for pc
    - This is pathetic dogelephant sh...
  72. Mar 25, 2014
    Baddest shooter game i ever played. feels like minion grinding... every time i shoot on minions.. the enemy players are only camping and sniping.. bad feeling.. not my playstyle.. so 2 points for bad gameplay.
  73. Mar 23, 2014
    I bought this game for the PC because this was a really good game one thing I did notice is that they toned down the graphics a decent amount from the Xone version of the game the other thing I noticed was the lack of actual customization in this game that has me a Level 47 with nothing left to do but to go into Generation mode which is titan falls version of prestige once you hit levelI bought this game for the PC because this was a really good game one thing I did notice is that they toned down the graphics a decent amount from the Xone version of the game the other thing I noticed was the lack of actual customization in this game that has me a Level 47 with nothing left to do but to go into Generation mode which is titan falls version of prestige once you hit level 50. I hope that Titan fall season pass will give a player more than just maps because this game definitely wouldn't last on maps alone it needs to more burn card varieties, weapons etc because the repetitiveness already kicked in. The game pretty much is strictly multiplayer with a story line going on in the background if you play campaign to get the other titan chasis for customization. You cannot make private rooms either and there needs to be some more modes like maybe kill the captain or something like that to keep players interested its a great game but overall its not something that I think will last a person for more than a few days atm. Expand
  74. Apr 14, 2014
    This really is a terrible game, it's extremely one dimensional, shoot jump shoot, get titan, shoot, yawn. I got so bored of the titan phase of the game I just tried searching for pilots. The netcode for an online game is a joke, anything over 60ms and you've got no chance in killing anyone. Other FPS multiplayer games are 32, 48 or 64 player, this one... 6 v 6, oh and a few bots that wouldThis really is a terrible game, it's extremely one dimensional, shoot jump shoot, get titan, shoot, yawn. I got so bored of the titan phase of the game I just tried searching for pilots. The netcode for an online game is a joke, anything over 60ms and you've got no chance in killing anyone. Other FPS multiplayer games are 32, 48 or 64 player, this one... 6 v 6, oh and a few bots that would look stupid even at a one dimension gig. Seriously don't waste your money. Expand
  75. Mar 15, 2014
    This game is basically like any other shooter out there but with parkour added to it; which is pretty cool. However, there are loads of hackers that destroy you every time you try to go into a match. You also get paired up with people that are X4 you level, have tons of experience, have all the guns and mods unlocked... It just isn't fair. When I leave a match after getting stomped byThis game is basically like any other shooter out there but with parkour added to it; which is pretty cool. However, there are loads of hackers that destroy you every time you try to go into a match. You also get paired up with people that are X4 you level, have tons of experience, have all the guns and mods unlocked... It just isn't fair. When I leave a match after getting stomped by these people, I get put right back into the same match as them! Matchmaking also takes way to long for some reason, and it never pairs you up with anyone fare. On top of that, the teams never scramble... meaning that the same people that you are first paired up with will be who you are stuck with - if you get a stacked team you keep it until people get bored and leave. You can only play 6x6 and nothing else.... there is NO single-player campaign at all. I always hated that about these types of games... that the single-player campaign is only a few hours long... well, this game doesn't even have one; it is just multiplayer matchups with some guy talking for 30 seconds - that's it. What really pushed me to write this review however, are the hackers. They are ridiculous and unavoidable. There is one in almost EVERY match! How can I play a game and enjoy it when I keep getting killed every two seconds by someone who can see me through walls or ALWAYS kills me with a headshot in one hit? When someone goes 20 / 0 in this game you know something is up.... Expand
  76. Mar 26, 2014
    REMEMBER When games used to have a great STORY and a meaningful Campaign.. and multiplayer was an added bonus. WELL TO BAD FOR US THOSE DAYS ARE LONG SINCE PAST.

ANOTHER garbage COD series to come out every year!! JUST WHAT I ALwAYS WANTED.. wait a sec let me go shoot myself in the face now for being such a casual scrub tub and playing these terrible games.. why the hell are there

why the hell are there so many casuals playing games.. go get another hobby and let the gamers have their hobby back. I swear to god I am so sick of all these TRASH! FPS, practically multiplayer only, crap console port games.

HOW ABOUT MAKING A REAL GAME INSTEAD.. you know.The kind all core gamers who have been gaming for our entire lives have been yearning for ever since COD and other lackluster, pump one out every year, quick time events that don;t even deserve to be called video games took over the market.

where has all this BS multi player only with a 4 hour story come from.. go back from whence you came filth.
  77. Mar 16, 2014
    Alright, first review, here goes.

I've never been one for the consoles to start with, i've always spent my money on my computer because PC outperforms every console out there. So when i heard that an XBOX One game was coming to the PC i was relatively excited, finally i could see what they hype was about. That game was Titanfall by Respawn Entertainment. I have never been so
    Alright, first review, here goes.

I have never been so dissappointed with a game in all my life.

To begin with, the price, £30 for what could have been a Free-to-play on Steam. There are other Multiplayer games, for example Loadout and the grandfather of Multiplayers, Team Fortress 2, which offer a wider variety of gameplay for absolutely nothing. So how can Respawn Entertainment possibly justify charging people this much for what is essentially a simple multiplayer?

The graphics are just not up to standard for a modern game, Crysis still looks better and it's a few years old now. Hell, even games that use the Unreal engine look better! And that brings me to a very important point. Why would you consider buying this game when Unreal Tournament 3 gives you a much better game experience? It has a wider variety of weaponry and vehicles, the graphics are just as good if not better, (think modern Gears of War games).

Those of you looking for a storyline, keep looking, this games' storyline is more bland than a tapioca and tofu salad. I mean, take Team Fortress 2, Valve proved that you can have an open ended Multiplayer that has an interesting and comical storyline to it and still be fun. I feel like i've been cheated by Respawn Entertainment, and then i realise that most of them worked on the Modern Warfare series, which isn't exactly a brilliant storyline.

So technically, it's not a fantastic game. But "aha!" i hear you say, "If people enjoy playing it then your review is null and void". And i'll admit for a couple of hours it is a fun game to play.

Emphasis on A COUPLE OF HOURS.

A game that costs upward of £30 should not keep someone occupied for just a couple of hours. Take Borderlands 2 for example, if you buy the Game of the Year edition today on Steam, it would cost you £34.99, slightly more expensive than Titanfall but so much more fun. To this day i have accumilated 453 hours of playtime on Borderlands 2 GOTY and i'm still playing it. Why? Because the storyline is immersive, gameplay is enjoyable and there is ALWAYS something new to do on there. Even The Orange Box, which has quite a few games on there can be picked up for £10 these days, and for people new to Valve games, it's exceptional value for money.

In a nutshell, this game is one of the biggest dissappointments in gaming that i have ever come across, equal to Bioshock 2, Crysis 3 and the Modern Warfare series. I would say, save your money, and invest in something slightly more enjoyable, i will NEVER be giving my money to those in Respawn Entertainment, who, for all their talents, can't even come up with an enjoyable multiplayer worth the 45GB (yes 45GB!) disk space.

Bismuth.
  78. Mar 18, 2014
    Very good concept that flushes all of CoD-type shooters problems away. Interesting and entertaining, but...
    Another good game that was destroyed by ORIGIN ONLY
    Thanks EA, and your wonderful platform.

(sry for my bad English)
  79. Mar 16, 2014
    Tutorial looks like a fun game until you find out that it likes to match full 6 man premades against brand new solo players with no recent fps experience. Don't bother playing this game if you don't have 5 friends that are all crack shots.
  80. Mar 19, 2014
    игра........ тот же геймплей что и в калде, поставил 4 только за новую задумку ,,титаны,,.Есть один плюс...Динамика игра очень динамична,можно высоко прыгать, и можно не беспокоиться по поводу сёдл можно просто их обойти или запрыгнуть на здание.игра........ тот же геймплей что и в калде, поставил 4 только за новую задумку ,,титаны,,.Есть один плюс...Динамика игра очень динамична,можно высоко прыгать, и можно не беспокоиться по поводу сёдл можно просто их обойти или запрыгнуть на здание.
  81. Jun 24, 2014
    EA PULLED A SIMCITY. AGAIN.
    WHY IN THE HELL DOES CHAMPAING MUST BE ONLINE ONLY?!
    this game has two big cons: -always must be online. -long loading times. I DO NOT KNOW ANY PROS BECAUSE OF THOSE TWO CONS I CANT PLAY THE FREAKING GAME. i must be online but due to a hamachi problem, 1 out of 10 times i can play a online game. AND STILL WHEN I LEAVE THAT GAME I CANT PLAY ANYTHING ELSE.
    EA PULLED A SIMCITY. AGAIN.
    WHY IN THE HELL DOES CHAMPAING MUST BE ONLINE ONLY?!
    this game has two big cons:
    -always must be online.
    -long loading times.
    I DO NOT KNOW ANY PROS BECAUSE OF THOSE TWO CONS I CANT PLAY THE FREAKING GAME.
    long loading times= i am impatient.
    that is it. do not buy this game if you cant play online games.
  82. Jun 5, 2014
    nothing special about the game, it's especially frustrating, did i tell you that it sucks? i honestly played games on ps1 which were better. and you can finish the campaign in 10 minutes, and the multilayer is boring.
  83. Mar 31, 2014
    Counter strike is still godlike game compared to this,no matter what they produce.Game is nice for eyes but nothing more,an average shooter with no soul.
  84. Apr 18, 2014
    Nice game! Not THE game like the people was saying.
    The problem is you stop enjoying the game in a few days.
    And the support of Respawn is one of the worse i've ever seen.
  85. Jun 12, 2014
    I played Beta and I kinda liked it, but I just literally can't play release version. When I start a game and a loading screen appears it just can't get through and I get server connection error. So I guess it's 0/10, when you buy a game and can't play it.
  86. Jul 4, 2014
    Purely a 1st person multiplayer shooter, with a slight twist. Not much strategy, 100% reflex. Waste of time if you're not from a third world country and paid 2 cents an hour to play a game all day and be a pro-robot at it.
  87. Jan 31, 2015
    No single player, evidently no way to setup a bot match for practice, no way to block users you don't wish to play with, GIGANTIC download and obnoxiously large install footprint because the developers feel that you need 30 GB of uncompressed sound effects in foreign languages... this game wasn't made with my demographic in mind, so to me it isn't even worth the $10 I spent to buy it on sale.
  88. Oct 17, 2014
    It's COD with mechs. And buggy as well (PC) But, it looks kinda good, nothing impressive. Though it's way overhyped. If you like online fps multiplayer games like COD, than you'll love the repetitiveness of Titanfall..
  89. Nov 13, 2014
    I only created a metacritic account to review titanfall.... there is not much to say about it... brainless, fast but choppy... no storyline whatsoever except for some embellishing dialog which are stupid. I feel so stupid I spent 19.99 on this game I want to scream. It is not even fun. If you put it next to a heavy weight as BF4 or such, it doesnt even where to begin with. I gave it a 2I only created a metacritic account to review titanfall.... there is not much to say about it... brainless, fast but choppy... no storyline whatsoever except for some embellishing dialog which are stupid. I feel so stupid I spent 19.99 on this game I want to scream. It is not even fun. If you put it next to a heavy weight as BF4 or such, it doesnt even where to begin with. I gave it a 2 because physics are decent. JUST DECENT. Expand
  90. Mar 15, 2014
    Was fun for about 3 hours. Most f2p mods have more content. Essentially 6v6 with really bad AI to act as a filler. The story is unbelievably short and very cliche. Multiplayer has a couple of the regular game modes with absolutely nothing new to add. Just a major let down!
  91. Mar 25, 2014
    Stop it. Stop releasing console FPS on the PC. We really, really don't want to play this garbage.

Titanfall is a derivative of COD, with a giant gimmick of mechs, which unsurprisingly is poorly implemented.

PC gamers have higher standards for their first person shooters.

Hawken is a better game than Titanfall.
  92. Mar 15, 2014
    Gaming critics paid off yet again by EA. The game is **** $80 for a multiplayer only game compared to games like CSGO and Dota 2 and TF2 which are 15 dollars or free. Game is 50gigs for some reason even though the textures are nothing special. But that doesn't matter since all game you just see smoke and haze and hear explosions. CoD with mechs and parkour with dota elements. The ai isGaming critics paid off yet again by EA. The game is **** $80 for a multiplayer only game compared to games like CSGO and Dota 2 and TF2 which are 15 dollars or free. Game is 50gigs for some reason even though the textures are nothing special. But that doesn't matter since all game you just see smoke and haze and hear explosions. CoD with mechs and parkour with dota elements. The ai is also weak as **** and you can kill some with 1 shot which makes you wonder why the hell the devs even put them in, probably to make kids feel good about themselves. Expand
  93. Mar 21, 2014
    Becomes boring quite fast. Gameplay is repetetive and lack of content makes this game even worse. If you are looking for great multiplaer shhoter and haven't bought BF4 yet, better spend your money there.
  94. Mar 13, 2014
    Clustermuck sums up the experience. In multiplayer, the game has legions of AI enemies that make it difficult to tell which target is an actual player and which of them is just 1s and 0s, and thus, you end up shooting at the wrong person and getting shot in the back. The experience can only be described as chaotic, but not in a good quake 4 or doom 3 way. No, instead, it's just boring.Clustermuck sums up the experience. In multiplayer, the game has legions of AI enemies that make it difficult to tell which target is an actual player and which of them is just 1s and 0s, and thus, you end up shooting at the wrong person and getting shot in the back. The experience can only be described as chaotic, but not in a good quake 4 or doom 3 way. No, instead, it's just boring. Load times are unbelievably terrible, and after a match is finished, you have to wait for 1 and 1/2 minutes to begin the next round :/ I've... Never seen a shooter quite like Titan fall. It's certainly not a good way to make one. That was a wasted $60. Oh yeah, and you can't win unless you're using a titan, so the matches degrade into whether you're lucky enough to not get shot by 2 enemies in titans ganging up on you, because after you lose your titan once, you have to wait an absurdly long time until you get another one. Stupid. Went back to Battlefield 3 within 2 hours. Expand
  95. Apr 1, 2014
    The game was already gone from Metacritic but EA and Microsoft are doing everything to further push this game as it seems it didn't sell as well as they hoped. A lot of gamers me included were disappointed by the lack of content in this multiplayer only game which is fun but ultimately feels like a rip off with only two game modes and no singleplayer campaign at all.
  96. May 15, 2014
    Today i gave this game another chance. But i just had no fun. In the beginning there was no camping or crashing . Just jumping around and getting kills. But today there were just people protecting their Titans, staying behind walls and just doing nothing then killing npcs to win the round. It's a shame. Thought this game will be the next ultra shooter, but no even BF4 makes more fun withToday i gave this game another chance. But i just had no fun. In the beginning there was no camping or crashing . Just jumping around and getting kills. But today there were just people protecting their Titans, staying behind walls and just doing nothing then killing npcs to win the round. It's a shame. Thought this game will be the next ultra shooter, but no even BF4 makes more fun with crashes. I hope Titanfall 2 will be the last one.

It could be a little bit like Destiny, you have ur own Ship and ur own Soldier, which u can customize. And then, in the Bridge of the Ship u can choose ur Battlegrounds and start fighting to win the war for your fraction, but respawn thought: COD makes money so we just need a bad Menu, bad Servers and some crashes like BF4. It doesnt feel like the Developers love their game, it feels like a rushed game.
  97. Jun 5, 2014
    Hopefuily a nice, rough spanking wakeup call for the gaming industry that people don't appreciate being spoon-fed the usual call of duty glue as they did a couple of years ago.

People grow up, EA. You should too.
  98. Mar 13, 2014
    Average. The biggest problem with the game is that it sets a precedent for what gamers are willing to pay for an online only multiplayer game. I'd even say it's multiplayer gives you less for the money than other FPS do in terms of content. So by buying this game, I felt like I was selling myself to a new future standard where multiplayer only games will be sold full price. Enjoyed theAverage. The biggest problem with the game is that it sets a precedent for what gamers are willing to pay for an online only multiplayer game. I'd even say it's multiplayer gives you less for the money than other FPS do in terms of content. So by buying this game, I felt like I was selling myself to a new future standard where multiplayer only games will be sold full price. Enjoyed the game, but completely over-hyped. Nothing more than COD with giant RC robots. Okay, you can run up walls and such, but other than that, it felt surprisingly samey. Expand
  99. Mar 20, 2014
    Before I start this review, I admit I'm a big fan of the PS4, but it doesn't mean I will give this a bad review.
    So let's begin!
    Firstly, one thing I'm annoyed with is, the fact that it has no single-player campaign, only a multi-player one. Which annoys me because most Free to play games are usually only multiplayer. Secondly the game DOES NOT feel like a Call of duty, which makes it
    So let's begin!
    Secondly the game DOES NOT feel like a Call of duty, which makes it more....better.
    I played the Beta and ABSOLUTELY loved it, I'm just worried that EA will soon ruin the game through DLCs on Origin.
    Overall, the game is amazing, but it lacks in a campaign and gameplay where you play for HOURS on end.
    I give this game a 6/10.
  100. Mar 12, 2014
    I have to give Titanfall a 0 because I can't even make it to the main menu, my specs: Intel i7 2680qm 8-core 2.50ghz, 16gb Ram, Nvidia GTX 560m, these specs are well within the minimum requirements and yet when I click play I get an error message saying "Game Startup Failure because Video Card not Supported by Required Features"...... for 2014 that is unacceptable.

1. CD-Action
    Jun 28, 2014
    I was waiting for a game that would blow me away and break the oligopoly of Battlefield and Call of Duty. Here it is. Titanfall shows that online shooting does not have to be confined to contemporary battlegrounds. [05/2014, p.42]
  2. May 14, 2014
    In the mind-boggling question that tortures world's biggest gaming studios (how to refresh the competitive FPS genre), Respawn answers by taking the Call of Duty core, enhancing it with elements from various sources and franchises (Mech games, Crysis , Tribes, Mirror's Edge etc.) and forging it in the Old School mold (Quake/Unreal Tournament) . Titanfall does not innovate. It manages, however, to leave a fresh taste by balancing nicely all components of its gameplay.
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    May 11, 2014
    Titanfall is a highly entertaining online shooter, but it's a bit light on content for a full priced game. You quickly start to realize that Titanfall could desperately use more maps, more unlockables, more upgrades and more customization. [Apr 2014]