8.1

May 24, 2004
    Best racing game ever made!
  2. Lokeszharm
    Jun 2, 2004
    Could not live without the full game after playing the demo. Had to buy a dvd player for my 3 year old PC. No big deal because they don't cost much and installing 5 cd's for new games is no fun.
  3. Sjacarlen
    Apr 9, 2004
    Best racing game ever.
  4. FisnikA.
    May 11, 2004
    It is great.
  5. Floyd
    May 3, 2004
    Indeed, this game is the best racing game I've ever played! The car's models are top notch and the game play is awesome! Yeah this game ain't Gran Turismo and it's a good thing! The graphics on full setting is candy for the eyes! The crash modelling is a reason to buy the game alone! Again, the genius at play made a wonderful racing game with a top-notch balance for a Indeed, this game is the best racing game I've ever played! The car's models are top notch and the game play is awesome! Yeah this game ain't Gran Turismo and it's a good thing! The graphics on full setting is candy for the eyes! The crash modelling is a reason to buy the game alone! Again, the genius at play made a wonderful racing game with a top-notch balance for a perfect experience! Way to go guys!!! Expand
  6. SeanM.
    Jul 7, 2004
    The game its self 8.5 out of 10 but the online game gives it 10 for me tops.
  7. ChrisS.
    Aug 2, 2004
    Top quality product. great graphics and well implemented opponent ai. good frame rates at 1024x768 with all settings maxed on my p4 2 ghz with ti4600. patch available which adds mirrors and amazingly doesnt seem to have any noticable effect on framerates. my one quibble, when car is destroyed there is no replay option to view the carnage.
  8. ChowChow
    Apr 24, 2004
    I honestly dont understand the lukewarm response to this game. Some of you people [reviewers] dont have a clue sometimes. The physics are top notch [try expert mode morons], everything imho is the ultimate balance between realism and fun. The graphics engine is both efficient/fast yet beautiful on top end hardware. The sound is amazing. The variety is amazing. What more can you want? "Its I honestly dont understand the lukewarm response to this game. Some of you people [reviewers] dont have a clue sometimes. The physics are top notch [try expert mode morons], everything imho is the ultimate balance between realism and fun. The graphics engine is both efficient/fast yet beautiful on top end hardware. The sound is amazing. The variety is amazing. What more can you want? "Its no gran turismo" im sorry but this is horse ##%%. Does Gran turismo offer any damage modeling at all? Adjustable realism? Learn to appreciate this game! An 8.0 range score is a crime for it!!! Expand
  9. ModCase
    Apr 26, 2004
    Awesome graphics!!! Brillant gameplay!!!

1. Edge Magazine
    Much of the attraction is largely due to the variety of racing on offer, but it's the overall quality of that racing that is responsible for ensuring Race Driver 2 remains an intensely engaging ride. [May 2004, p.102]
  2. games(TM)
    Toca 2 lacks the ambition and verve found elsewhere in the genre... Uneventful jaunts down the middle of the road just don't excite us anymore. [May 2004, p.102]
  3. PC Gamer
    Simulation purists will have issues with the game's "faked" vehicle physics, overly forgiving damage model, and rigidly structured Career mode, but ToCA Race Driver 2 offers more than enough high-speed thrills to rope in even the most demanding PC racing fans. [July 2004, p.71]