Toki Tori 2 + PC

7.6

1. Aug 2, 2013
    As a fan of the original PC version of Toki Tori, the sequel was a day one purchase for me. Unfortunately, after struggling to find something to like about the game for a couple of hours, I've moved on to something more enjoyable to play.
    The sequel changes gameplay significantly from the first game. There are no instructions for the game, you are suppose to discover everything. At first this sounded like a fun challenge, but after getting stuck a few times where I wasn't sure if it was because of a puzzle or because I didn't understand the game rules, it got to be annoying.
    Certain commonly used commands like rewind are no longer a single button/keypress. Now you have to chirp out your commands, which can require up to six button presses of varying lengths. Cute a first, then very annoying.
    The puzzles themselves aren't as interesting as the ones in the first game.

1. Sep 10, 2013
    The improvements in Toki Tori 2+ makes it the best version of the sequel to the old platform puzzler. The mechanics are simple yet elegant and the puzzles are cleverly constructed. Unfortunately it is rather easy to get stuck and the player is often left with too little information as to what to do.
  2. Aug 28, 2013
    The "+" edition of Toki Tori 2 adds a great level editor and some minor improvements on the original game, but the overall difficulty of the puzzles remains. So, beware.
  3. Aug 9, 2013
    Toki Tori 2+ is an enjoyable game both visually and in terms of actual gameplay. The simple basics let the player always feel in control without making his quest too easy.