Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter PC

7.7

1. JamesD.
    May 20, 2006
    Another buggy mess from UBI, Sure wish they would finish a game befor shipping to us and letting us do all their beta and bug testing.
  2. PatrickD.
    Aug 7, 2006
    Great graphics and sound marred by abysmal friendly AI and unforgiving enemy AI... not enough save points combined with these issues lead to an extremely frustrating game.
  3. AngusM.
    Jun 30, 2007
    Great graphics, but utter and totally ruined by the save game system. Any program that will not let you save when you want to is broken.
  4. EricEdmond
    Apr 13, 2008
    The controls for controlling your team mates is a bit awkward. Being First Person makes it difficult to control exactly where you want them. They included a map where you can place them but there are so many crooks and crannies that again you can't accurately place them. So many times they end up standing in the middle of nowhere with no cover. Enemy AI even on the easiest levelThe controls for controlling your team mates is a bit awkward. Being First Person makes it difficult to control exactly where you want them. They included a map where you can place them but there are so many crooks and crannies that again you can't accurately place them. So many times they end up standing in the middle of nowhere with no cover. Enemy AI even on the easiest level is quite tough and will pound you into the ground for the slightest mistake. I prefer Full Spectrum Warrior's command structure (3rd person basically) over this First Person type. Also the saves only in certain places is a definite pain in the rear. It's a console game through and through that just didn't translate well onto the PC. Expand
  5. Nov 27, 2010
    After having played the first Gost Recon I got stright thinto the advanced warfighter. I have no idea how someone can get such an excellent game and turn it into such a mess..

Honestly, this is the worst game I have ever played... It looks great, the graphics are great but it annoys the hell out of you.. Gameplay. Still after several hours of playing I cant get the keys in a

Gameplay.

Still after several hours of playing I cant get the keys in a configuration that is comfortable. In the first Ghost recon you could send the team exactly were you wanted to. You could tell to drop stance, lay on their knees or stand up. So you could protect them from their low IQ.

In this one, you cant. they do whatever you do. So, they are exposed and die on you all the time. So you have to do everything and only use them as cover. Now how stupid is that???

Weapons. You cant drop a weapon, you cant pick up ammo from other weapons even if they are of the same type, the rpgs you pick up show to have a missile on them but once you pick it up it says its empty, (bug), when you throw a grenade you can control the strength you throw it with and it leaves your hand as if you re using a grenade launcher.. etc etc..

On the hardcore, they tried to make it extremely difficult but the wrong way.. Just as you get into the line of sight of the enemy you get instantly killed. just like that.. Sometimes you are being shot at but the radar doesnt show you were the shots is coming from!! Guys, please.. realise that in reality you have a much wider vision, and hearing and you can understand were the shots come from.. you have to complement for the tunnel vision of gaming somehow.. ok???

the team.. on the hardcore, the "IQ" /abilities of the enemies goes up.. but your team is just as stupid and useless.. the are being shot at and all they do is shout : Im taking fire!!! Well yes you moron you are in a war what do you expect?? do sthing about it!!

on Ghost recon 1, you could walk around the enemies and flank tyhem while sending your team the other way.. on this one, no. they had to touch cvause sthing was bothering with you having the ability to think.. So, the map, doesnt get wide enough for you to control the team and as a result if you move too far from the rest you cant seem them on the map. and if you try to move them blindly, they ll go stright into the line of fire and get instantly killed.. nice..

If you wonder around now, and you get a bit off further away from where the game ecpects you to be, you get a guy on the screen yelling at you that you re leaving the battlefield and they ll shut you down.. and if you insists just a little more you die and start all over again.. nice hah??

Overall this game is a disaster.. I really liked the first Ghost Recon.. so much so, that I ve been playing for more then 3 years.. On and off of course.. This one? I ll finish, but I dont think I ll ever install it again..

there s no tactics, no gameplay, and no fun in it..
  6. Jun 2, 2016
    I know it's a really old game, but titles of the same age are not as poor as Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter. The controls and movement are just so bad it pains me to push another button. The graphics is also annoying to look at as I have played games released in practically the same generation -- and even the really older ones, but this game just looks real bad graphics-wise.I know it's a really old game, but titles of the same age are not as poor as Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter. The controls and movement are just so bad it pains me to push another button. The graphics is also annoying to look at as I have played games released in practically the same generation -- and even the really older ones, but this game just looks real bad graphics-wise. Mix that with the crappy controls, you'd know the reason why I uninstalled not more than half an hour after getting this. Expand

1. Play Magazine
    With 16 players and 16 guns blazing, the game is violent bliss, and certainly a war demanding to be fought over and over again. [Apr 2006, p.58]
    As a package, it's an incredibly complete product of flabbergasting quality; more than any other game, GRAW puts the player in the nerve-snapping tension of pauses between engagements. It thrusts you into the terror of modern, quicksilver-fluid combat.
  3. A demanding and gratifying shooter that brings a new level of seriousness to the Ghost Recon franchise. And, perhaps more importantly, restores it to the good graces of PC owners. Provided they've got the horsepower.