7.9

1. Aug 21, 2010
    Having owned this game since it was released over 4 years ago, I just completed it! You might say that I am persistent. Like hell I am. I cheated big time. Way back years ago, I managed to get to the mission where you need to destroy the power station before my frustration with the game overwhelmed my desire to find out what happened next. Now I am all for reality in any computer game I play but for all but the Hardest Core competitive gamers this one is ridiculously difficult and unforgivingly brutal in sending you back to the beginning of missions to continue. I tried many strategies but the AI for all its brilliance is super-uber intelligent and I am sure that even those truly hardcore gamers would have to admit that we are up against an army of super soldiers here. One the other hand as I mentioned I cheated. I did a little research and swapped the local file in the root menu of the game with one that I downloaded which gave me infinite ammo and made me unkillable. Even so I did try to play as if my player could die and indeed I certainly would have died multiple times in each mission despite my efforts.

But over a few weeks I worked my way through the entire game. Even though cheating did remove an important dimension of the game it gave me the opportunity to complete it and otherwise it would never have happened in a month of Sundays for me. The need to cheat aside I think this game is a masterpiece of detail, realism, movement and atmosphere. One can truly be drawn into the story of a Mexican Military Cue during a North American Leaders Summit. True gravity given to the story line by the death of the Canadian Prime Minister early on as events unfold. Broad open mission areas toping off the finest first person shooter this gamers has ever played. Bar none including the overrated new stuff like Mass Effect 2 which I also just completed. GRAW was a way superior experience. I am now taking the wrapper of GRAW 2 which I purchased when it first came out!
  2. Oct 2, 2010
    The most realist fps at its time excepting Operation Flashpoint.Great ai nice weapons cool gameplay.The story isn't its best part but neither the worst.The sound is good.It is nicely shaped if you look you can see that you cant scavange enemy magazines if you have another caliber weapon.Good enough.
  3. Jan 23, 2011
    This game is amazing, it combines unique strategy with moderately stunning graphics, its way more tactical and customizable than any other FPS on the market, at first it can be a little furstrating, but once its picked up, you will have a blast, I highly recommend this game if you want moderately realistic, along with a believable storyline. The combat is very interesting, with all the different angles it is very versatile, and the world has diversity, I would highly say that this is superior to any call of duty game, be warned however, the multi player just plain sucks. in GRAW2 however, the multi player is WAY better. Very often you will be completely convinced that you are an elite unit of the united states government.
    Very fun.

1. With 16 players and 16 guns blazing, the game is violent bliss, and certainly a war demanding to be fought over and over again. [Apr 2006, p.58]
    As a package, it's an incredibly complete product of flabbergasting quality; more than any other game, GRAW puts the player in the nerve-snapping tension of pauses between engagements. It thrusts you into the terror of modern, quicksilver-fluid combat.
  3. A demanding and gratifying shooter that brings a new level of seriousness to the Ghost Recon franchise. And, perhaps more importantly, restores it to the good graces of PC owners. Provided they've got the horsepower.