Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter PC

1. YermakirumY.
    Very good game.
  2. SamiR.
    Jun 15, 2006
    Great game, though needs some horsepower. The feeling of realism is great, but teammate and enemy AI is a bit clumsy... Despite the good realism the action is intense. One of the most beatiful FPS games. Only thing I miss in the city is civilians.
  3. JamesC.
    Jul 5, 2006
    they amped the AI up a hell of alot since the 360 version (thank god), the realism is striking so if your not a realism buff then this isn't for you. but this is the best squad based shooter on the pc in years easily.
  4. MarkJones
    Nov 1, 2008
    Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter is my favorite FPS game. It uses current technological standards in storyline and weapons. It's the first FPS since Rainbow Six 3 to really let me peek out and see everything while not exposing my torso. It's clear weapon customization menu is beautifully simple, while Its the only game to really allow me to customize my weapon and have theGhost Recon Advanced Warfighter is my favorite FPS game. It uses current technological standards in storyline and weapons. It's the first FPS since Rainbow Six 3 to really let me peek out and see everything while not exposing my torso. It's clear weapon customization menu is beautifully simple, while Its the only game to really allow me to customize my weapon and have the customizations impact my success it different environmental conditions. GRAW for some people will be hard, but for seasoned veterans of PC combat simulations, it will be the best FPS game ever made after third-party map and weapon modifications like OGN's weapons mod, and Brettzies M4 mod are installed. Expand
  5. YEGORM.
    Dec 23, 2006
    GRAW campaign (played at Hard): GRAW is the first REALLY worth tactical FPS as for me (oh, there were "Chrome" for years ago - but for different reasons). Thanx to it's breathetaking, almost realistic combat simulation, this game truely becomes an "Elite" - "not-for-all" gaming masterpiece. (If you prefer to play like Invulnerable Robocop - you are off) I agree - there are some GRAW campaign (played at Hard): GRAW is the first REALLY worth tactical FPS as for me (oh, there were "Chrome" for years ago - but for different reasons). Thanx to it's breathetaking, almost realistic combat simulation, this game truely becomes an "Elite" - "not-for-all" gaming masterpiece. (If you prefer to play like Invulnerable Robocop - you are off) I agree - there are some serious weak points: The saving system (but this will definitely teach you to be careful and raise the cost of your "life" - like the "real" war - the mistakes are very "expensive") Useless "friends" (I've always tried to save them at the spawnpoint and used simple "move" commands. Also, I've turned off the enemy rhombus marks - this feature somewhat like cheating for me (i want simulator - not the "conquistador vs indians" story... The bottomline: I would say, that it is not "you testing this game" - this time the "game testing you" as a "smart player" and professional or "disciplined" gamer (Your "system" have to meet this game's "requirements"). And I really enjoyed the test - "it's been emotional" and absorbing... As for Multi-player: I was dreamed about sinking into GRAW multi-player fields... I thought: "Finally I've found an alternative for CS:S (which is become "a new Quake styled action" - running-jumping-shooting!..." Anticipated, I've downloaded and installed official patch (it was mp_map_pack_1.6)---> BUT, for some reasons, the game is not running with this patch installed (I live in Russia_Moscow, and using official copy of GRAW) is starting to have trubles with launching (giving the error message - "some kind of "ticket exception or smth. like that- so I've gived up - have no time to involve myself into long period of finding something that possibly doesnot exists" So GRAW-Multi is far away now from me. Expand
  6. SamF.
    Mar 27, 2007
    a Great game if you have the rig to run it. The recommended specs are 256mb video card, but on high detail you will get poor frame rates with it. For this game to run good you should have a 3 ghz cpu with 1 gig of ram and 512 mb on your video card. A very hard and immersive shooter which really shines. The graphics and massive areas are amazing which adds to the realism of this game. If a Great game if you have the rig to run it. The recommended specs are 256mb video card, but on high detail you will get poor frame rates with it. For this game to run good you should have a 3 ghz cpu with 1 gig of ram and 512 mb on your video card. A very hard and immersive shooter which really shines. The graphics and massive areas are amazing which adds to the realism of this game. If you have a good enough rig, run don't walk to buy this game. Expand
  7. Aug 21, 2010
    Having owned this game since it was released over 4 years ago, I just completed it! You might say that I am persistent. Like hell I am. I cheated big time. Way back years ago, I managed to get to the mission where you need to destroy the power station before my frustration with the game overwhelmed my desire to find out what happened next. Now I am all for reality in any computer game IHaving owned this game since it was released over 4 years ago, I just completed it! You might say that I am persistent. Like hell I am. I cheated big time. Way back years ago, I managed to get to the mission where you need to destroy the power station before my frustration with the game overwhelmed my desire to find out what happened next. Now I am all for reality in any computer game I play but for all but the Hardest Core competitive gamers this one is ridiculously difficult and unforgivingly brutal in sending you back to the beginning of missions to continue. I tried many strategies but the AI for all its brilliance is super-uber intelligent and I am sure that even those truly hardcore gamers would have to admit that we are up against an army of super soldiers here. One the other hand as I mentioned I cheated. I did a little research and swapped the local file in the root menu of the game with one that I downloaded which gave me infinite ammo and made me unkillable. Even so I did try to play as if my player could die and indeed I certainly would have died multiple times in each mission despite my efforts.

But over a few weeks I worked my way through the entire game. Even though cheating did remove an important dimension of the game it gave me the opportunity to complete it and otherwise it would never have happened in a month of Sundays for me. The need to cheat aside I think this game is a masterpiece of detail, realism, movement and atmosphere. One can truly be drawn into the story of a Mexican Military Cue during a North American Leaders Summit. True gravity given to the story line by the death of the Canadian Prime Minister early on as events unfold. Broad open mission areas toping off the finest first person shooter this gamers has ever played. Bar none including the overrated new stuff like Mass Effect 2 which I also just completed. GRAW was a way superior experience. I am now taking the wrapper of GRAW 2 which I purchased when it first came out!
  8. Oct 2, 2010
    The most realist fps at its time excepting Operation Flashpoint.Great ai nice weapons cool gameplay.The story isn't its best part but neither the worst.The sound is good.It is nicely shaped if you look you can see that you cant scavange enemy magazines if you have another caliber weapon.Good enough.
  9. RolfB.
    May 8, 2006
    Yeah, this is the ONE! The game that will have you white knuckled with fear and joy at the same time. It's so tough that I get a huge sense of satisfaction and accomplishment every time I complete a mission. Online play is a kick and I'm even having dreams about this game!
  10. NickS.
    May 9, 2006
    The only drawback to this game is the fact that you have to have GREAT specs to play it. Two of my friends don't have 360s and wanted to play the PC but they had outdated systems, according to the syst reqs for GRAW-PC. But if you do have a proper setup, it's AWESOME.
  11. DeathKnight
    May 9, 2006
    Just finished it today.The only thing I hated bout the game was my squad's AI. Sometimes they'll just refuse to follow the orders or just charge into exposed areas. The sound was great. As for the graphics, I was running it on 6600gt (128Mb). With every thing on mediam(except shadows which I had set to low) and 4x Anisotropic filtering. I was getting like 19-21fps. So I had no Just finished it today.The only thing I hated bout the game was my squad's AI. Sometimes they'll just refuse to follow the orders or just charge into exposed areas. The sound was great. As for the graphics, I was running it on 6600gt (128Mb). With every thing on mediam(except shadows which I had set to low) and 4x Anisotropic filtering. I was getting like 19-21fps. So I had no major problem with the gfx. Overall it was pretty decent game. Expand
  12. Jan 23, 2011
    This game is amazing, it combines unique strategy with moderately stunning graphics, its way more tactical and customizable than any other FPS on the market, at first it can be a little furstrating, but once its picked up, you will have a blast, I highly recommend this game if you want moderately realistic, along with a believable storyline. The combat is very interesting, with all theThis game is amazing, it combines unique strategy with moderately stunning graphics, its way more tactical and customizable than any other FPS on the market, at first it can be a little furstrating, but once its picked up, you will have a blast, I highly recommend this game if you want moderately realistic, along with a believable storyline. The combat is very interesting, with all the different angles it is very versatile, and the world has diversity, I would highly say that this is superior to any call of duty game, be warned however, the multi player just plain sucks. in GRAW2 however, the multi player is WAY better. Very often you will be completely convinced that you are an elite unit of the united states government.
    Very fun.
  13. FrancisG.
    May 23, 2006
    If you manage to get your hands on a new gaming computer, you are in for a excellent game. The ambiance is immersive and the graphics and action are awesome. Too bad they demonised the Nicaraguayan.
  14. DynamicM.
    May 8, 2006
    This is almost perfect but for the fact that the com is very tough to use effectively and that the game is really difficult. That doesn't diminish the overall experience much though, it's a grade A game that's fast paced and terrific. I'd say it's MUCH better than it is bad.
  15. AamirM.
    May 23, 2006
    this is a truly gameplay masterpiece. every thing is perfect except you can easly die with an unacurate crosshair but thats all and one of the best online games ever!
  16. JeffB.
    May 8, 2006
    Only played Single Player so far. Love the graphics. Like that it "feels" like the original GR. Don't like that if the Capt dies, the mission is over. In the real world, ranking person in the squad would just take over. Also wish you could swap squad members like GR1. BUT, game play gives more lattitude than the typical "gun n' run" game, just like GR1. Definitely more Only played Single Player so far. Love the graphics. Like that it "feels" like the original GR. Don't like that if the Capt dies, the mission is over. In the real world, ranking person in the squad would just take over. Also wish you could swap squad members like GR1. BUT, game play gives more lattitude than the typical "gun n' run" game, just like GR1. Definitely more "tactical" in nature, which we GR1 alumni LOVE. No comment multi-player as I've not had a chance to play it yet. Expand
  17. Jun 10, 2014
    I thought the game was bad based on reviews... i really enjoyed Ghost Recon 1... then I played this one. I played the first mission and the second one. Its really good.
    You Cant literally become... the other AI's(like in the first one). so its tougher to keep them safe. So attacking at the same time they attack is very very important. Timing is important you need to kindof protect them by killing enemies when the enemies are distracted with them. The AI is not as dumb (as complaints) so far but I've seen them do silly things. So a few times i just told them to stay where they are and let me handle things.
    I'm in Normal difficulty. I'd recommend the game. I move the players around on the map (i thought the map didn't exist or they took it out but they didn't). You still have that same map. You can move them around away and create distractions. But dont get them too close to fighting they will die.

You must use MLAA and FXAA injection to make the game look good graphically.
  18. Dec 22, 2014
    GRAW incorporates a new technology in a first shooter. A crosscom and high tech body armor to be exact. While I'm from the circa 2011-2002 Ghost recon crowd, I'd have to say the genre peaked with this. While it isn't the squad tactical shooter most had hoped for, this is what GRIN/UBISOFT gave us and we had to be content. I railed against this title until I saw where its successor took offGRAW incorporates a new technology in a first shooter. A crosscom and high tech body armor to be exact. While I'm from the circa 2011-2002 Ghost recon crowd, I'd have to say the genre peaked with this. While it isn't the squad tactical shooter most had hoped for, this is what GRIN/UBISOFT gave us and we had to be content. I railed against this title until I saw where its successor took off to.

on the day of release, mine came in the mail and I was excited. The troubles came in the form of crashes due to C++ stack errors and eventually it got fixed. I guess the sad thing was, after the games release, UBISOFT sectioned off just a few developers to fix the nagging issues. UBISOFT initially lied about system specs as well and even people with the cutting edge systems had issues with lag and gameplay.

This game should be perfect for ANY system that is meant for gaming now (as i write this it is late 2014) as this game was released around 2007. The best part of the game is there is an editor so people can create their own maps and missions and it is quite intuitive. Even GRAW2's Editor isn't polished as GRAW's is. GRAW was the best while GRAW2 was the worst due to lack of polish and UBISOFT wanted to shove it out the door and make money. (isn't always about money?)

I bought my GRAW for .01 cent and $4 shipping so it can be had cheap. We are now stuck buying copies from whereever has surplus of GRAW for sale. 9/10 stars
  19. Feb 21, 2015
    To all of the people that rated this game lower than the Xbox 360 version, you need to get your goddamn heads out of your asses. This game had better quality, better graphics, decent multiplayer, and everything a tactical shooter should have in it. This game shines with its wonderful design and gameplay. Get it on PC for the best experience.

1. Play Magazine
    With 16 players and 16 guns blazing, the game is violent bliss, and certainly a war demanding to be fought over and over again. [Apr 2006, p.58]
    As a package, it's an incredibly complete product of flabbergasting quality; more than any other game, GRAW puts the player in the nerve-snapping tension of pauses between engagements. It thrusts you into the terror of modern, quicksilver-fluid combat.
  3. A demanding and gratifying shooter that brings a new level of seriousness to the Ghost Recon franchise. And, perhaps more importantly, restores it to the good graces of PC owners. Provided they've got the horsepower.