Generally favorable reviews- based on 37 Ratings
Positive: 13 out of 13
Mixed: 0 out of 13
Negative: 0 out of 13
Jan 26, 2013Ok, so I go to the store to get a new PS2 game (yes, I STILL play the PS2) with my brother, and he says "hey look, a Tom Clancy game, didn't you just read a book by him?" (Just to let you guys know I'm not a big gamer.) Sure enough I pick it up and it's Tom Clancy's Ghost recon for about $3. I decide to buy it, at first, I was a little bit discouraged by the fact that it is over a decade old, but lets just say, decade old or not, I definetly got my $3 value out of it. Ok, now If you play a lot of Call of Duty games, you may not like it, for multiple reasons.
1. Its not just a mindless shooter, it has STRATEGY
2. Unlike in COD, if you die you continue on as one of your squad mates, an idea that I found ingenious, fun, and it added a whole other degree of realism to the game.
3. Picking your weapons before you go out for battle, YEAH, YOU WISH YOU COULD DO THAT IN COD!
4. The game has almost an open world aspect, the fact that you can choose your route to advance and you aren't just restricted to a single street or alley (like you are in COD)
5. Directing your men where you want them to go. Do you ever get the feeling when playing COD, that you just want to throw the controller at the screen when your fellow squad mate isn't doing what you want him to do or going where you want him to be?
Now, I could go on and on about the differences, but I figure I'll stop there. Honestly, the only con I can think of is that sometimes the missions might be short, and overall the game is just dated, but don't let this stop you from buying the game, because if the PC port is just as good as the PS2's, you'll get hours of replay time and overall have lots of fun, as this is a great game.… Full Review »