8.5

1. Jan 2, 2011
    I recently picked this up in a Steam package deal, but I owned and completed it many years ago on multiple platforms. Ghost Recon is a wonderful game that really holds up very well; even 9 years after its release. The quick-save feature alone makes this game exceptionally gratifying. If you like fast-paced "arcadey" FPS games, stick to Call of Duty. If you like strategical, stealthy,I recently picked this up in a Steam package deal, but I owned and completed it many years ago on multiple platforms. Ghost Recon is a wonderful game that really holds up very well; even 9 years after its release. The quick-save feature alone makes this game exceptionally gratifying. If you like fast-paced "arcadey" FPS games, stick to Call of Duty. If you like strategical, stealthy, challenging, rewarding, military FPS games, this one is for you. I was immersed in every single mission presented to me and I didn't want it to end. Collapse
  2. May 21, 2012
    THE Tactical Shooter. Takes everything that made the rainbow six & rogue spear series entertaining, and mixes it up with a bit more action, and blends together the planning and execution phase - bring up the map anytime, switch which soldier you're commanding in the middle of action, etc... __Also has two great expansion packs.
  3. Dec 19, 2012
    This game brings back so many of my childhood memories, and this game was awesome.
  4. Jan 26, 2013
    Ok, so I go to the store to get a new PS2 game (yes, I STILL play the PS2) with my brother, and he says "hey look, a Tom Clancy game, didn't you just read a book by him?" (Just to let you guys know I'm not a big gamer.) Sure enough I pick it up and it's Tom Clancy's Ghost recon for about $3. I decide to buy it, at first, I was a little bit discouraged by the fact that it is over aOk, so I go to the store to get a new PS2 game (yes, I STILL play the PS2) with my brother, and he says "hey look, a Tom Clancy game, didn't you just read a book by him?" (Just to let you guys know I'm not a big gamer.) Sure enough I pick it up and it's Tom Clancy's Ghost recon for about $3. I decide to buy it, at first, I was a little bit discouraged by the fact that it is over a decade old, but lets just say, decade old or not, I definetly got my $3 value out of it. Ok, now If you play a lot of Call of Duty games, you may not like it, for multiple reasons.
    1. Its not just a mindless shooter, it has STRATEGY
    2. Unlike in COD, if you die you continue on as one of your squad mates, an idea that I found ingenious, fun, and it added a whole other degree of realism to the game.
    3. Picking your weapons before you go out for battle, YEAH, YOU WISH YOU COULD DO THAT IN COD!
    4. The game has almost an open world aspect, the fact that you can choose your route to advance and you aren't just restricted to a single street or alley (like you are in COD)
    5. Directing your men where you want them to go. Do you ever get the feeling when playing COD, that you just want to throw the controller at the screen when your fellow squad mate isn't doing what you want him to do or going where you want him to be?
    Now, I could go on and on about the differences, but I figure I'll stop there. Honestly, the only con I can think of is that sometimes the missions might be short, and overall the game is just dated, but don't let this stop you from buying the game, because if the PC port is just as good as the PS2's, you'll get hours of replay time and overall have lots of fun, as this is a great game.
  5. Jan 25, 2014
    This game combines realism, action and user-friendliness in a perfect mix. Even 13 years after its release, it has its distinct advantages over current tactical shooters. The scale and focus isn't as broad as the OFP/ArmA series, but it makes up for that with intuitive controls and squad command. Unfortunately the sequels didn't follow up on this.
  6. Jan 2, 2011

1. The missions, while varied, are wildly uneven in difficulty, and many are totally unsuited for the sort of unit that you're ostensibly commanding...It is, however, extremely good-looking, great sounding, and very entertaining.
  2. It's very hard indeed...That said, cracking a mission is an incredibly rewarding experience, and the inclusion of a 'quicksave' facility does make the process somewhat less painful.
    Ghost Recon’s in-depth gameplay closely resembles that of the previous Tom Clancy games—but it also has its faults, such as some weak A.I. pathfinding.