Tom Clancy's HAWX 2 PC

3.8

1. Jun 25, 2011
    Definately THE, BEST, air warfare game. After spending years on IL-strumovic, this is now my favorite Joystick enabled game. I use Logitech Attack 3, defaults work great! This is so enjoyable, the grafics is awsome,the AI is very respectable. Thanks so much the the dev team, the project managers and Ubisoft for such a great title!!
  2. Feb 20, 2013
    I got this game from Steam for £8, what a bargain! A shame there's no mention that a uplay account is needed before you can play it! I've had no problems with bugs as mentioned in other reviews, the controls (with xbox-pad) are very sensitive, and take a little bit of time to get a feel for them, (compared to the original Hawx) but I thought the gameplay was a good example of gameI got this game from Steam for £8, what a bargain! A shame there's no mention that a uplay account is needed before you can play it! I've had no problems with bugs as mentioned in other reviews, the controls (with xbox-pad) are very sensitive, and take a little bit of time to get a feel for them, (compared to the original Hawx) but I thought the gameplay was a good example of game "evolution". This is NOT a sim, if a faithful reproduction is what you're after, try DCS A10C or similar, but this (IMHO) is a very enjoyable "arcadey" game. Yes there are parts when you're a gunner on a Spectre gunship or an operator of a drone/satellite, but I don't recall many complaints when this was done in COD4, and it just brings a little variety. Overall pretty good gameplay and not bad graphics, especially if you're running it in DirectX 11, for me a definite step up from H.A.W.X. Bargain for less than a tenner (£10) Expand

1. PC Format
    Mar 18, 2011
    Some fun to be had in amongst the tedium. [Apr 2011, p.102]
    So even though HAWX 2 is a step forward when compared to its predecessor, it's brought down by an almost empty multiplayer, despite the numerous options, a boring single-player and a pretty "dense" AI when it comes to allies, while the enemies do their job very well, ironically. So well, in fact, that you'll be tempted to stick a fork in it and finish the story in co-op, which ultimately is a good thing. Too bad this decision is encouraged in such a brutal manner.
  3. PC PowerPlay
    Feb 11, 2011
    Fun without the fundamentals, a simpering sim with irritating copy protection. [Feb 2011, p.58]