7.4

1. Aug 20, 2013
    If you liked any of the previous splinter cells you will enjoy this game, the voice change takes some getting used to but its a splinter cell with the stealth element back!
  2. Aug 21, 2013
    Ok, it's a console port, I get that. Now, if you want to provide constructive criticism, find something else to rant about as there's more to games than just graphics quality. Otherwise, you are just whining.

I've played only 2 hours of the campaign so far, and I'm not disappointed. Controls are a little challenging at first, but you quickly get used to them. It's light-years ahead of
    Conviction and Double Agent in terms of gameplay: you can choose how to complete your missions: guns blazing, stealth, non-lethal; they are all fun to play.

I've paid $60 for this game; it's worth every penny!
  3. Aug 21, 2013
    This game is a definite step in the right direction, tons of fun, and the graphics look great maxed out. Of course you get the idiots who rate the game a 0 because their hardware isn't good enough, or they have no idea how to use a computer.
  4. Aug 21, 2013
    This game is definitely worth the money. Campaign, CoOp missions & Spy vs Mercs. All this tied in with the economy/upgrade system makes this game really fun with a lot of replay value. I also love the fact you can choose to play stealth if you want.
  5. Aug 28, 2013
    Finally, a Splinter Cell game that satiates the desires of fans that love the "stealth" legacy that is apart of this game. The campaign is amazing, and there are so many avenues to complete a mission; plus, the enemies never take the same path twice, so it makes replaying a mission purposefully or by accident, much more enjoyable. Overall the co-op modes, ranking system, and just plain entertainment value of this mandates that I give it a 10!

Fans of Splinter Cell games will love this!
  6. Aug 27, 2013
    Enjoted blacklist very much! Levels design are so awesome, its on same level as deus ex for me. Perfect stealth gameplay. The music and sound are very good. Sam really look cool, like true commander, all hes moves and stuf like that make him looks as real soldier. When playing this game its similar to watch some really nice military movie. Game looks very good on ultra, but no 16:10 support?
  7. Aug 21, 2013
    This game is brilliant. I love the new modes, how you can be all stealthy (like a ghost), or full out assault-mode. I also love the plane, and how upgrading it can give you bonuses and rewards, as opposed to being purely cosmetic.
  8. Aug 23, 2013
    I don`t think is that bad, btw, I think it`s great.
    The role in this game is pretty different from the other Splinter Cell series. The bad part in Conviction was about to be forced to kill your enemies, what does not (well, not usually) in Blacklist. You can play as a Ghost, stealthy and agile, or play as a Phanter, also stealthy bt deadly or as a CoD player (Assault).
    I agree when ppl
    say "This is not as the classic SC games". Yeah, you`re right, this is another game with another history, and it fits perfectly. Expand
  9. Aug 31, 2013
    It was a good story, side missions were good, only the future waves of enemies did not like. The interrogation was lacking, but at least they were making.
  10. Aug 31, 2013
    I honestly don't understand "fanboys" who say that this is Conviction 2.0. Set your difficulty to at least realistic and bricks. That's what you should do if you're real fan of original SC. Yes, it does have some points from Conviction, but in it's core it is definitely old Splinter Cell. Like IGN said, it's the best in series since Chaos Theory. I really liked Conviction, it was a breath of fresh air, and keeping a little bit of it in Blacklist was certainly a good idea.
    P.S. Still whining about Uplay? Meh.
  11. Aug 26, 2013
    The game-play is good, I really like the story. The graphics are fantastic dx-11 the engine is well optimize, the audio, control good too, I found no issue with this game, by now...
    This game is fun to play so 9/10 for me
  12. Aug 22, 2013
    Single Player is well paced and it's enough to keep you interested without boring you. But truly, the greatest part of this game is the online Spies vs Mercs is amazing. It's very intense and plays great. It's similar to playing Counter-Strike competitive, in that you have to work with your team and when the Spies are hacking a station, it's super intense and fun. Worth playing if you are looking for something better than COD and less serious than CS. Expand
  13. Sep 10, 2013
    Aside from few small glitches I haven't noticed anything that I would call a serious bug. That is in SP at least since I have't played multiplayer yet.

Now as for the game itself as a really big Splinter Cell fan I have to say that as far as content and presentation are concerned I dare say that this is perhaps the best Splinter Cell to date. Yes even better than Chaos Theory in some
    aspects. Its lengthy and the Perfectionist difficulty (the only true way for every Splinter Cell fan to play this game) is ruthless (sometimes even too much). There is a huge number of main and side missions which you can repeat as many times as you like in order to get specific play-style bonuses and achievements. What I like best about the game is Fisher himself. For the first time we get to see him in some very specific situations where he can't rely on his gizmos. Additionally I thought that the absence of Michael Ironside might prove to be a huge minus however I was surprised to see how well the new actor fits the role of a more natural Fisher. He is not that much expressive which is a downer sometimes but still Fisher's voice acting surprised me in a positive way. Don't know if I could go back to listening Ironside again :)

Now the bad part. The controls are ridiculously laggy with key bindings which will sometimes force players into despair. Especially on Perfectionist difficulty where its extremely important to react fast. It will happen all too often to wait for a guard to pass a door in order to knock him down but then watch something shocking happen when you press E like closing a door right in front of the guard or flipping a light switch on which just happened to be right next to the doors. There is also a problem with picking up knocked down enemies from the floor because in almost 95% of the situations when you press E above the body you will be picking up the enemy's weapon instead of his body. Then you have to press E again to get back your silenced weapon and hover over the body of the lying enemy just to find a spot where the game registers a body picking action. Sam also buffers too much control commands. I.e. you accidentally pressed E twice to close an open door Sam will refuse to ignore the second keypress and open the door after the first animation has finished. Then there are a tons of unpredictable and long animations which will make life harder on Perfectionist difficulty.

If it wasn't for the horrible controls I would rate the game 10/10 without ANY hesitation. Huge amount of quality content, lengthy and very challenging missions, excellent voice acting and a very good usage of Sam's character to progress the story (for the fist time since Splinter Cell exists I'd say). All the reasons to praise this game. An excellent return to the roots of what made Splinter Cell an excellent and very specific game. But the horrible experience with the controls has to be taken into account which is why I give this game a well deserved 9/10. For anyone who likes Splinter Cell buying this game is not a question of buying it or not just a question when to buy it
  14. Aug 27, 2013
    Brilliant gameplay, awesome controls (screw haters, blame yourselves for being BAD), ok graphics. Didn't like the new voice of Sam but I'm still gonna give it a 10 because of morons giving it a ZERO (really? zero? go kill yourselves)
  15. Aug 27, 2013
    phenomenal game front to back. Blends old stealth techniques from previous titles in the series with a fair amount of action making it a seriously awesome title. Don't miss it!
  16. Aug 22, 2013
    The game is just great! Now the game has a real stealth (for example, you can drag the body to distract security whistle or noise), a lot of melee attacks as deadly (knife), and no deaths. Lots of upgrades of equipment ranging from gloves and ending points, and they affect the pumping of the main character, and not just for beauty. Through the game you can now not only in stealth but as John Rambo wet all right and left in the open, for each element of the passing points are added, and for tricks that you perform with the money. Great graphics, animation (especially melee) on top. PC version looks much higher than the console (of course at the max. Capacity). So Uncle Sam this time did not disappoint! Expand
  17. Sep 7, 2013
    A mix of Splinter Cell Conviction and Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, the most genius mix ever, it's got the awesomeness from Chaos Theory and the smooth gameplay mechanics from Conviction. And the things people say about bad optimization is not true, I run it above 60fps 100% of the time at 1920x1080 and at medium settings with a decent PC.
  18. Sep 4, 2013
    the best stealth game of the last 5 years and defiantly one of the best games of the years. splinter cell continues to be one of the best gaming experiences out there.
  19. Aug 24, 2013
    Finaly splinter cell is back. If you are a stealth fan play it in "perfectionist" mode. You will love it.
    Best "modern" splinter cell of the serie, we can not disagree with this.
  20. Sep 3, 2013
    Certainly the game is better than its previous version.
    Like the most the possibility of passing the mission in quiet mode and in different ways......
  21. Sep 7, 2013
    I love this game, yes it is similar to conviction and all the SC fans hate that but it doesn't make it a bad game. I like the new 3 playstlye system and I do also like how easy it is to jump into but it has enough elements to learn to not make it stale. I would like to see like weekly levels that pop up in the SMI even if they are just rehashed levels with different enemy patterns or even make the "Gone Dark" missions playable not just a minigame.

The multiplayer is fun but not much more. At this point it does seem to have some balancing issues and doesn't have the same feel as the old one. If you buy the game you may aswell play a couple hours but you most probably wont be playing it for hours.

Overall I love this game so much so I have just started my second playthrough just days after my first. I have yet to play the CO-OP but I have a feeling it will be great.
  22. Sep 9, 2013
    This game is a major hit in for the PC genre. Its even better than the Xbox 360. The gameplay and the game mechanics for the pc are amazing. The controls are well defined and easy to master.The levels are challenging. The graphics are obviously 2 times better than of Splinter Cell Conviction. This game beats its in most of the aspects of the game series.
  23. Dec 3, 2013
    One of the best games of 2013. The choice of STEALTH vs ACTION is warmly welcome. Single player story is one of the strongest with tons of GADGETS and adds a great replay value. The 14 Co-op missions give different tastes. Spy vs Mercs is one of the best multiplayer modes in todays run-and-gun gameplay.Surely worth of your money.
  24. Jan 6, 2014
    I was turned off by the first mandatory tutorial mission but as soon as i got passed this and started mastering the controls, i really enjoyed the story and gameplay. I'm not a die hard fan of the series, i've only played conviction before this. All i can say is it's really well done and polished. Some level are really challenging and can be frustrating but in the end, it's very addictive. Well done. Loved it. Expand
  25. Sep 1, 2013
    Single player:
    Solid story, good graphics. The missions are mostly fun and there is a lot variation between the stages.
    Coop:
    I played the missions with my brother on realistic using team speak. We had a lot of fun even though we died a lot at first.
    Multi player: This is the most fun I've had with playing competitive matches in a long time. At first, there are a lot of gadgets and
    weapons to unlock. Unfortunately, it doesn't take too long to unlock almost everything because the amount of money given after each mission (SP, Coop and MP) is too high.
    The matches per se are thrilling and fun.
    A few negative aspects though: Firstly, the game is full of little glitches. They don't really bother me and should be fixed pretty soon. Secondly, we encountered a lot of disconnects and crashes during the Spies vs Mercs matches. This on the other hand was annoying and frustrating.
    All in all I can only recommend this game since it is in my eyes a great package of solo, coop and multiplayer game.
  26. Dec 9, 2013
    As a huge Splinter Cell fan, I wasn't the least bit disappointed. After multiple play-throughs of Chaos Theory/Conviction over the years, it took me awhile to get used to the new controls on SC:BL, but I actually ended up liking them quite a bit by the end. I did find it almost a little too easy to get all of my gear maxed out, especially since I "Ghost"ed through the entire game, but found it sufficiently, almost frustratingly challenging at points.

I thought the story was movie-quality and gave Grim more of a role than just a voice through a sub-dermal radio. Overall, the single-player was 100% satisfying. Obviously it would be nice to have more DLC, but hey, I'm pretty happy with how the game is as is.

Multiplayer was fun for a bit, but didn't really have much staying power for myself. Co-op missions were definitely worthwhile though, albeit a little limited in how many levels there were.

Can't say enough good things about this game, pick it up!
  27. Oct 6, 2013
    This is my first Splinter Cell game and for sure not the last one. I love it. There is so much stuff in this game... Campaign itself is long and big enough, but you have plenty of side missions you can play solo or in coop. Some very easy, some extremely hard even on normal difficulty. Animations, gameplay, locations, music and details level are very, very good. There is high replay value for each mission, cause you can play it in 3 different ways. Mastering your skills and weapons for sure many people will play it again to get better score. Coop missions are awesome, multiplayer is little hard for me due very quick dying, but can be that it will change when i get used to it, didn`t play MP much yet. Didn`t have too much problems with optimizing PC version. Sometimes i have sound issues but restart solves the problem and i had graphics problems, but these were caused by old drivers. After updating it everything works fine. Recommend this game to everyone Expand
  28. Nov 23, 2013
    Have you ever played one of those 'stealth' games where as long as you don't stand directly in front of the enemy they can't see you.
    Well, Blacklist isn't one of those games. The AI is fantastic. And taking down multiple guys without getting spotted is quite thrilling.
    My main gripes with Conviction is that it seemed to be a corridor shooter with stealth elements added afterwards and
    the game seemed to want you to do anything but go stealthy. The latter has been addressed, but there are still quite a few moments where you'll be doing distinctly non-stealth related activities.
    Overall a very enjoyable game.
  29. Dec 29, 2013
    For me personally, I didn't have a single issue with running the game. It was top-notch stealth action and best in class. Loved every second of it, from the campaign to the return of Spies vs Mercs multiplayer.
  30. Sep 13, 2013
    A fine return to form for Splinter Cell.
    I was super mad when Ironside got replaced as Sam Fisher, but I honestly quit caring about an hour into the game because the gameplay was so damn good (the story was enthralling as well). The story was well paced and kept me playing for hours at a time. The side missions are very entertaining as well (especially Kobin's missions where you have to
    eliminate whole swaths of enemies without being detected).
    I chose to play most missions either ghost or panther style which excluding a few setpiece moments is a very viable option. There are lots of nooks and crannies to explore (pipes to climb, vents to hide in, sewers to crawl through) as either style. Conviction was a fun game, but didn't have quite as much stealth as Splinter Cell fans wanted. This game does. The melee kills/knockouts are really fun (like always) and the new killing in motion concept was pretty damn cool.
    TLDR: It was polished, controls really well, told a great story, and scratches a stealth junkie's itch. Uplay is kind of and I had some troubles with it, but I turned it to offline mode and no problems since.
  31. Sep 17, 2013
    i really can't understand why people are giving this game a bad score this is a great no i think this is the best splinter cell game ever people say it's like call of duty and so why it isn't like that at all unlike conviction there is no action in this game at all except for one mission one mission from over 25 missions is action you get amazing gadgets amazing graphics and outstanding atmosphere just play the game and then be honest and say you're opinion don't be a troller and support the developers Expand
  32. Sep 21, 2013
    after a conviction we cat a game where you can chose if you wont to play as conviction or chost non lethal or just assoult and this is fukking awsome whit easy gameplay you can mark and kill in motion this looks realy cool the story line is realy good nice charecters and solid voice acting you need to stop the blacklist with nice music and great stealh that is gone be a lot of fun the graphic on the other hand are a bit lame futher there is a nice custamasazation that gose realy deep and some nice side missions but the waves mode is realy stupid but futher a must own for sp fans and for stealth action fans Expand
  33. Oct 6, 2013
    The best splinter cell after Chaos Theory. Don't trust people who says is too easy or something similar. Play it at the maximum difficulty and you will have the execution feature disabled, sonar goggles which doesn't pass through walls, more reactive enemies and you get one-shotted. Try to play it stealth, like a splinter cell must be played as.
    I also suggest you to avoid upgrading your
    base with the radar map and using the Tri-rotor drone, which results in a way to easy run.
    I agree with you that is way too easy if you play it in "assault mode", killing every enemy with a weapon and passing to the next one. It can be done like that, but you will not enjoy the core of the Splinter Cell saga. It's like playing GTA without killing people or steal cars (you can even play like that but it's not the way a GTA should be played)
    You surely can't complain about the ways missions can be played because you can do every move and options of the past games. In addition, maps offers an extremely variety of passages.
    The main plot follows the one of the saga, starting after Conviction. It's solid, the only complaint is that Sam's personal relationships aren't so much expanded
  34. Sep 26, 2013
    I'm new to Splinter Cell, I don't play much military style games. I have to say I'm very impressed. You'd think sneaking past enemies and waiting for the perfect moment to strike sounds boring but this game makes it so much fun! There is enough of a story for me to pay attention. Main character is pretty bad ass. Supporting characters could be better, the one that attempts comic relief is pretty annoying, they don't add much. Expand
  35. Sep 12, 2013
    A great addition to the series and in my opinion probably the best one. The graphics are great, controls are solid, gameplay is fluid and challenging and the multiplayer (Coop and Versus) is a nice bonus to keep you playing after completing the awesome campaign. Ignore the "hurr hurr dis is a shooter, thes es nert splernter cerl" comments, the game NEVER forces you to play a certain way, all missions can be done YOUR way (lethal, non-lethal, avoid enemies completely, go all assault etc). Only thing that changed is that playing offensively is now a valid playstyle (playing stealthily will still award you a higher score). Also, for those who are concerned about the new voice actor for Sam: he does a great job (he fits Sam even better than Ironside in my opinion). Get over it and move on. This. Is. Splinter Cell. Expand
  36. Sep 13, 2013
    Great sequel for a great game. Clearly this game beats up its successor Splinter Cell Conviction. The graphics are very good. The game mechanics are advanced, well defined and amazing. The gameplay is good. The storyline is nice. That's all i have to say. Great game. Deservedly 10 out of 10.
  37. Sep 12, 2013
    This game may be the best game in the year of 2013,and i think it is. I spent two whole night in a row trying to finish all 4E task in ghost and panther model of perfect .blacklist is really an excited game with too much fun ,not only difficulty.
  38. Oct 12, 2013
    Muy buen juego, la jugabilidad es excelente y sus gráficos también. Cabe destacar la historia, sus misiones eran muy entretenidas, la modificación de armas y estilo de asesinato estuvieron a un buen nivel de juego, sobre todo las dificultades y la forma de interactuar con los demás personajes, simplemente genial.
  39. Oct 16, 2013
    Welp, I made an account just so I can write this review. Splinter Cell: Blacklist impressed me in a way I couldn't believe. The general consensus of the "positive" reviews seems to be that this is an ample mix between the fast paced action of conviction, and the strategy of its predecessors. If you are looking to play a game like chaos theory, go play chaos theory! Ubisoft cannot continue to release the same product over and over again. They chose to take the series in a different direction, and they have done a great job doing so. The story is intricate yet understandable, the gameplay is incredibly smooth, and the graphics look beautiful, unlike anything I've seen for a long time. If the game crashes for you, update your video driver... Worked for me on my gtx 670. Other than that, it's incredibly smooth and seemed very well optimized to me.

I've been a longtime fan of the splinter cell series. I've played every game, and enjoyed the hell out of them. Needless to say, when this came out, I had to buy it. I was not disappointed

TL;DR

Pros:
    Beautiful graphics
    Smooth Gameplay
    Driven storyline
    Tons of unique weapons/gadgets
    Coop

Meh:
    Multiplayer

Cons:
    Not the same game as Chaos Theory
    Ironside isn't the voice actor

Try it out!
  40. Nov 16, 2013
    Being an old Chaos Theory junkie I must say Blacklist is a breath of fresh air for the franchise. Fisher is back where he needs to be, in the dark! Definitely a game worth playing, and has a replay value on different difficulties. Multi-player could use a tweak or two, but I enjoyed the entire Blacklist experience.
  41. Sep 2, 2014
    I like how Splinter Cell is goingback to the roots here. I hope Blacklist was only the beginning, this franchise got a lot of potential and is massive underrated. Go ahead Ubisoft!
  42. Feb 9, 2014
    Amazing. Plays just like Conviction, but with even more of an emphasis on stealth, like the older games. The gameplay is immensely satisfying and copies its mechanics from Conviction. Moving from cover to cover is very fluid and you have a ton of customization, diverse gadgets and ways to approach each mission. The story is as expected, very good as far as Splinter Cell goes, and even brought some unexpected humor. Michael Ironside couldn't be brought back as Sam. I'm not sure why they couldn't still use his voice, but I'm sure they had their reasons. The story was a fitting sequel to Conviction. The game runs very well, markedly better than Conviction. I was at 60 fps the whole time with vsync on. It looks very pretty, with great light effects, ambient occlusion, and reflections. The more advanced AO and AA takes its toll on framerate, but the game still looks phenomenal with Field AO and FXAA. There's lots of content -- I completed the campaign on Normal in about 15 hours. There's also Spies vs Mercs, as well as various co-op missions. Uplay, while not ideal, should be praised for not being invasive like Steam and Origin. Uplay worked fine for me, no problems except for a short server downtime which prevented me from playing (no big deal). Awesome value considering I got it on sale. Expand
  43. Feb 24, 2014
    Complaints regarding the stealth mechanics are outdated as of the latest patch.

First of all, all the complaints regarding the stealth mechanics in this game are outdated, and have been fixed by the latest patches. The AI is no longer buggy and is consistently alert. On Perfectionist difficulty, guards will detect you at long ranges very quickly unless you're hidden in darkness. If you
    do not hide bodies well, they will be detected by new spawns of patrols. Signs of entry such as open doors that were previously closed will arouse suspicion. The stealth missions that can be obtained as separate DLC or part of the Deluxe edition are especially brutal — if you're detected, game over.

Now, the only real negative is that you're forced to install Ubisoft's Uplay software platform, even if you buy the game on Steam. To be fair, the only problem I had with Uplay is that it did not download all the patches automatically. I had to manually restart the game three times for Uplay to detect and download the three patches. This is the one and only reason I'm rating this a 9 instead of a 10.

The graphics, sound, and overall presentation are top notch, above and beyond what you would expect from an AAA title.

I struggle to find other faults with the game. Upgrading your gear is too easy since you earn money very easily in this game. It won't be long before you're armed to the teeth and an assault approach will be too easy for you. Stick to stealth, focus on getting the Ghost badge for every mission on Perfectionist, and you will be tremendously challenged.

Now is a great time to get this game because you can get it for 6 euros. If you Google for "blacklist cd key" you will find a cd key site that sells a 100% discount coupon for just 6 euros. Then go to the Ubisoft Uplay store, add Blacklist to your cart, and redeem this coupon to get a working, legitimate version of the game. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post URLs or website names in this review, so I'll refrain from doing that.
  44. Aug 15, 2014
    Suddenly a great game! Can be a long story than she is so good. Just give you a couple of things from the pros - great optimization! (I did not expect this) and support windows xp - but for me it is very important. The actual gameplay is noticeably better. The plot of the average. There is a full localization - the game is very happy. 9/10
  45. Mar 13, 2014
    Excellent game on many levels, I really enjoyed the ability to play the way I wanted through the story mission. If you really stick to the pure stealth route the game rewards you considerably more than if you go the loud route.
    While there are many items and upgrades to spend the cash you earn between mission I wouldn't have minded some more customization options to the gear.

The
    multiplayer side of things seems to be very fun but i have only spent about five hours on the spy vs mercs games so have not yet experienced everything, enjoyed what I played so far.

I am not a fan of Uplay and i dislike having to sign in to a second program when I purchased via steam.
  46. Jun 17, 2014
    Next gen video games should take a lesson from the makers of Splinter Cell Blacklist on how to build a game that is both stable and beautiful. Lets hope this is the beginning of many more outings of the 4th Echelon!
  47. Aug 2, 2014
    I have Been a fan of the Splinter cell series, since the Chaos Theory. The previous installment, Conviction, was no way near to the standards i expected off a Tom Clancy Franchise. But, Blacklist, is something else, the story line, is brilliant, so are the voice-overs, & the best bit, for me personally could be the Soundtrack. It Just adds more zest to the overall experience. Glad to finally see, Splinter cell, go back to the roots, over-head pipes & shimmy. The Best bit about this game would be that, you have a lot of options for executing your moves, the best bet would be , to stick to the roots, using the overhead pipes, that is. Expand
  48. Sep 7, 2013

1. Jan 22, 2014
    With Conviction, the Splinter Cell series seemed to be veering off course, but Blacklist thankfully grabs the wheel and gets it back on track.
  2. Dec 12, 2013
    Splinter Cell Blacklist is one of the better entries in the long lived spy-saga. It offers great gameplay choices and sneaking is heavily rewarded. On top of that the multiplayer is also confidently crafted. The one thing lacking is the banal story with flat characterization that hinders Splinter Cell Blacklist from reaching any narrative high points.
  3. Sep 25, 2013
    Though it lacks the subdued intelligence of Chaos Theory, there's still some cracking good sneaking to be had. [Oct 2013, p.92]