7.4

1. Feb 13, 2014
    Having just played AC4 (Black Flag) I guess I've grown used to fluid movement controls (and sea shanties), which makes Blacklist all the more grating. It's just horribly inconsistent, you can't climb over things you expect to be able to climb over, you can't drop off things you expect to drop off, the cover system works here but not there. And if you get caught in the open by a heavy, you might as well surrender, because you feel like a drunk puppeteer as you try and bring shots down on target.. I had to rage-quit so many times (in order to avoid a coronary) that I ultimately decided to uninstall after completing just under 50%. So frustrating. Avoid. Expand
  2. Sep 3, 2013
    Many hardcore Splinter cell fans would not have liked Conviction because it favored more combat style play than stealth. Even though Blacklist still has some main features of conviction, it has brought back the classic stealth options which made chaos theory one of the best stealth games ever, along with some new gadgets, scoring style which are good. You can play whichever way you want to, you can kill everyone (assault style), you can stealthily dispose enemies(panther style) or you can complete the whole game without killing even one person(ghost style), which obviously, will be the toughest. You will be rewarded for any style of play you choose. The game also has some good improvements to its predecessors in gameplay, number of levels(Conviction was incredibly short).You'll be able to complete the whole game in about 16 hours which is much better than conviction which was just about 6 hrs.

The main issue in blacklist is the graphics which are poor compared to the current benchmark of graphics for games, and the voice acting.

Overall the game is very good, and hardcore splinter cell fans along with new gamers will enjoy this game. The Spies Vs Mercs multiplayer is back and it is absolute fun.
  3. Oct 24, 2013
    If you enjoyed Conviction, you will enjoy this edition of splinter cell as well. Sam Fisher's movements are more refined and the environments present a few different ways of approaching a challenge. Character animations are nicely done as well. There are niggling AI issues where they can get stuck behind an object (just waiting to be killed), but broadly they can get pretty challenging. Be careful with the Heavy Soldiers. Expand
  4. Feb 4, 2014
    The game is pretty good, WHEN I can play it. With Uplay it's almost impossible to get it to run, and when it runs, it doesn't save. BEWARE of Uplay! Don't buy this game, Uplay will make sure you won't be able to enjoy it.
  5. Aug 30, 2013
    Amazing game! Splinter Cell is back to the way it was, with a little bit of action. The good old ops suit is back, and the gadgets couldn't be any better. Sneaking without touching hostiles is back. Even distracting hostiles too many times might not count as a Ghost. The only thing I hated about the gameplay was the footsteps doesn't make too much noise, making you run most of the time. The story is great and the villain (Sadiq) did an amazing job. What I hated though is how they ruined every character in the game. Grim, Sam, Vic, and even Kobin. Their faces have changed, their voices have changed expect for Vic and Kobin. Bringing new characters would've been better than ruining the ones we loved. What I hated the most is Sam's new voice actor. He's not bad. He's not bad at all as a matter of fact. If he was the new main character I would've been thrilled. But for Sam, horrible. Sam looks old but sounds young. Talking to his grown daughter is even more confusing. Ruined one of the best characters I loved in games. But the gameplay is just incredible. Specially the multiplayer. Overall, this game is amazing and a must buy for people who love stealth in general. Expand
  6. Aug 29, 2013
    Main plot is a little bit boring, dont know about multiplayer. The gameplay is extremely fun, textures sometimes blurry. Framerate is 40+ with a HD6850 at 1920x1080 FFAO, everything high, without AA/AF. Subtitles are often mistimed, hungarian subtitle is garbage, english is of course good. It has replay value. Coop main story is missing.
  7. Sep 1, 2013
    Best Splinter Cell when it comes to gameplay, it adds up all the good from previous games and gives almost unlimited options to play it as a ghost. (Assault is lulz)
    Plot is not bad BUT it does bother me a little that Fisher is getting younger since Chaos Theory, new voice actor does good job though.
    Level design is good, giving you multiple options to go trough and lets you use your
    imagination, something you dont see very much these days. Enemies are basic stuff nothing very much new here, expect i like how sometimes they will start looking for their friend if you knock him out. Though game adds one of the most annoying enemy yet, those damn dogs!
    Grapichs serves this game well and there is not much to say about that.
    Overall best Splinter Cell by gameplay but still Chaos Theory stays best Splinter Cell of all time, atmosphere does not get there like in old days.
  8. Sep 12, 2013
    A great addition to the series and in my opinion probably the best one. The graphics are great, controls are solid, gameplay is fluid and challenging and the multiplayer (Coop and Versus) is a nice bonus to keep you playing after completing the awesome campaign. Ignore the "hurr hurr dis is a shooter, thes es nert splernter cerl" comments, the game NEVER forces you to play a certain way, all missions can be done YOUR way (lethal, non-lethal, avoid enemies completely, go all assault etc). Only thing that changed is that playing offensively is now a valid playstyle (playing stealthily will still award you a higher score). Also, for those who are concerned about the new voice actor for Sam: he does a great job (he fits Sam even better than Ironside in my opinion). Get over it and move on. This. Is. Splinter Cell. Expand
  9. Sep 13, 2013
    Great sequel for a great game. Clearly this game beats up its successor Splinter Cell Conviction. The graphics are very good. The game mechanics are advanced, well defined and amazing. The gameplay is good. The storyline is nice. That's all i have to say. Great game. Deservedly 10 out of 10.
  10. Sep 12, 2013
    This game may be the best game in the year of 2013,and i think it is. I spent two whole night in a row trying to finish all 4E task in ghost and panther model of perfect .blacklist is really an excited game with too much fun ,not only difficulty.
  11. Sep 13, 2013
    I really want to like this game, I really do. But there are two jarring things that are repeatedly ruining the experience for me.

1. The controls more often than not do something that I don't want to do and things I don't care about doing. For instance, why do I care about opening a door 5 feet away and why can't I interrupt it? Or how come when I'm pressed against the wall, "pick up
    enemy gun" takes precedence over "pick up body"? I've had to restart from the last check point because for whatever reason, use decided to do the exact opposite I wanted it to do.

2. Ubisoft for the life of them can't create a working online infrastructure for which to play on. If having yet "another Steam" on top of Steam is bad, then it's the fact that I can't join my friend's game and vice versa. And I'm not alone on this issue. And when Ubisoft's solution to the problem includes "disable all starting programs", I've lost all faith they can even create a multiplayer infrastructure worth beans.

Other than that, the game's great.
  12. Jun 26, 2014
    The game itself is great. The graphics are decent, the sound quality is good, it captivates the splinter cell feel, although not as well as older games of the series.
    Here's the problem though: I bought this game for coop with my friend and it doesn't work because it runs with **** UPLAY CRAP.
    **** YOU UBISOFT
    WHY HAVE YOU CREATED THIS ABOMINATION THAT IS UPLAY?! WHY?!
    I TRIED FOR 5
    **** HOURS WITH MY FRIEND, INSTALLED COUNTLESS PATCHES, REINSTALLED THE GAME, EVEN REINSTALLED **** UPLAY BULLCRAP AND IT STILL DOESN'T WORK!
    AND IT HAS BEEN SO LONG SINCE THE **** LAUNCH OF THIS **** **** AND UBISOFT HAVENT GOTTEN THEIR **** TOGETHER!

F

O
    F
    T
  13. Oct 12, 2013
    Muy buen juego, la jugabilidad es excelente y sus gráficos también. Cabe destacar la historia, sus misiones eran muy entretenidas, la modificación de armas y estilo de asesinato estuvieron a un buen nivel de juego, sobre todo las dificultades y la forma de interactuar con los demás personajes, simplemente genial.
  14. Oct 16, 2013
    Welp, I made an account just so I can write this review. Splinter Cell: Blacklist impressed me in a way I couldn't believe. The general consensus of the "positive" reviews seems to be that this is an ample mix between the fast paced action of conviction, and the strategy of its predecessors. If you are looking to play a game like chaos theory, go play chaos theory! Ubisoft cannot continue to release the same product over and over again. They chose to take the series in a different direction, and they have done a great job doing so. The story is intricate yet understandable, the gameplay is incredibly smooth, and the graphics look beautiful, unlike anything I've seen for a long time. If the game crashes for you, update your video driver... Worked for me on my gtx 670. Other than that, it's incredibly smooth and seemed very well optimized to me.

I've been a longtime fan of the splinter cell series. I've played every game, and enjoyed the hell out of them. Needless to say, when this came out, I had to buy it. I was not disappointed

TL;DR

Pros:
    Beautiful graphics
    Smooth Gameplay
    Driven storyline
    Tons of unique weapons/gadgets
    Coop

Meh:
    Multiplayer

Cons:
    Not the same game as Chaos Theory
    Ironside isn't the voice actor

Try it out!
  15. Nov 16, 2013
    Being an old Chaos Theory junkie I must say Blacklist is a breath of fresh air for the franchise. Fisher is back where he needs to be, in the dark! Definitely a game worth playing, and has a replay value on different difficulties. Multi-player could use a tweak or two, but I enjoyed the entire Blacklist experience.
  16. Mar 17, 2014
    VERY buggy. Constant crashes. Sometimes doesn't even start thanks to Uplay. Doesn't save games. The small amount of the game I managed to play uninterrupted was very linear, dull and predictable. Avoid at all costs.
  17. Feb 18, 2014
    I would not recommend this game to anyone who wants to play online with friends. Like so many of Ubisoft's games - the "play with a friend" game type does not work. One only has to read the forums to see that this is not an isolated problem. It's half a game. And if you're like me and purchased the game mainly because you wanted to play online with a friend, then you'll be sorely disappointed. If you are just looking for a single-player FPS then you probably could do worse than SC: Blacklist. But if you're after co-op fun with friends, then avoid at all costs. Expand
  18. Apr 1, 2014
    Massive shame. As a fan of the original titles I was awfully put off by the opening and first level gameplay offered by blacklist. Though impressed by the quality of its production I can't stand to see the standard set by this series drift this far from stealth simulation. Missing the tongue in cheek humour of fisher, multi vision mode, sound detection ai and just the calm realistic professionalism of the characters and slow-er-than-tv-show pace helped create tense and complex gameplay scenarios that splintered an early audience and earned new fans at the time of the original 2002 xbox release.

On top of this expect strange, inhuman movement animations and mechanics that betray the original entirely replacing the concept of moving slowly like a spider preying in the darkness transform here to what feels like a rabid snake flailing from cover to cover snapping at it's ai crippled victims. Actually stopped playing after 40 mins as NOTHING felt stealthy anymore. I guess its open market on who can create the best stealth/spy simulator looks like kojima has reclaimed that title for now.

Review is for SP PC my score is purely for my inability to enjoy the single player mode.
  19. Feb 9, 2014
    Amazing. Plays just like Conviction, but with even more of an emphasis on stealth, like the older games. The gameplay is immensely satisfying and copies its mechanics from Conviction. Moving from cover to cover is very fluid and you have a ton of customization, diverse gadgets and ways to approach each mission. The story is as expected, very good as far as Splinter Cell goes, and even brought some unexpected humor. Michael Ironside couldn't be brought back as Sam. I'm not sure why they couldn't still use his voice, but I'm sure they had their reasons. The story was a fitting sequel to Conviction. The game runs very well, markedly better than Conviction. I was at 60 fps the whole time with vsync on. It looks very pretty, with great light effects, ambient occlusion, and reflections. The more advanced AO and AA takes its toll on framerate, but the game still looks phenomenal with Field AO and FXAA. There's lots of content -- I completed the campaign on Normal in about 15 hours. There's also Spies vs Mercs, as well as various co-op missions. Uplay, while not ideal, should be praised for not being invasive like Steam and Origin. Uplay worked fine for me, no problems except for a short server downtime which prevented me from playing (no big deal). Awesome value considering I got it on sale. Expand
  20. Feb 27, 2014
    Not a franchise player but If you have a rig that can handle it; this is a beautiful game. The story is excellent. Surprisingly, the characters and graphics are seemingly right out of a blockbuster action movie. The voice acting is superb and very much appreciated. The game-play is very entertaining albeit not perfect. There are a few flaws/glitches like jacked up rag-doll mechanics and wonky keyboard/mouse controls (probably stemming from a console port) but not enough of a shortfall to make this game anything but a good experience. The reward system and upgrade mechanism is way too generous and it seems like there could be so much more to this game. It's not perfect but very well scripted and plain old fun nonetheless. Expand
  21. Jun 15, 2014
    Blacklist is easily the second best iteration of the Splinter Cell series, right after Chaos Theory. The execution system returns, but, unlike in Conviction, pure stealth remains a viable option throughout the game. The game makes concessions to modernity with two unwelcome additions: grinding money to buy equipment (although this can be considered an improvement on Conviction, as you no longer have to grind unrealistic PEC challenges to upgrade your gear) and easy-mode DLC, which gives you access to unique medium-tier gear from the start. Thankfully, the portable EMP does not return in Blacklist, which means you can no longer rely on it to instantly stun everyone around you whenever you get detected. Despite these problems, Blacklist features fun, thoughtful gameplay and a large variety of missions, as well as the ability to seamlessly replay any mission you choose from the game's hub. The ability to team up with friends for side-missions, which are playable in single-player, helps bridge the gap between solo campaign and co-op; although there is a dedicated co-op mini-campaign. which features elements that simply would not be possible with missions designed to be playable alone or with a partner. The game feels and controls like it was developed for PC rather than being lazily ported, which is fantastic.

If you've been burned by Conviction, Splinter Cell: Blacklist will restore your faith in the series.
  22. Sep 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great game, nice stealth and combat, nice gameplay, good repeatability. Story is good till the half of the game, but when we get close to the ending it's became every moment more bad, then we got the ending... a fast one that make me think they had hurry to finish the game. Also it seems that the real last ending will be a DLC... major letdown here.
    If the ending were better i would have given a 9.
  23. Oct 8, 2013
    I was really hoping that this game would turn the direction this series started to head after the last two games back in the direction of greatness. What I got was a decent game that nowhere near lives up to the legacy of the first 3 games in the series. Alot of the talk has been about the change of the Voice Actor for Sam in this game. It wouldn't really bother so much if this new guy wasn't so much of a complete Everything he says is a jab at someone else or just a complete snarky comment. The old Sam was never like that and I definitely don't like it. Fortunately most everything else in the game is done very well. The story missions are very fun with alot of intrigue, even if they did go back to the old "one alarm and you lose the mission" crap the old games tried to throw at you. On the PC, you're forced to go through Ubisoft's Uplay service and, while it'll never be as good as Steam, it's got a few things going for it so it's definitely not bad. The issue is with alot of the bugs and technical problems. I have a system that is only a little over a year old and this game was buggy, never could run at a decent framerate no matter what I did, and just never could catch up to the action it felt like. I always had to play on the lowest framerate and I have never had to go below Ultra on any game with this system. Overall, I had a good experience with this game but it wasn't enough. Splinter Cell is one of the true Stealth games on the market today but it's disheartening that the developers have decided not to listen to their fans. Instead they have decided to make a game that could have been great had a few things been changed up. In the end, I definitely wouldn't recommend playing this on the PC. Opt for the console version if you really want to play this game. Expand
  24. Sep 3, 2013
    Why you should buy it:
    -Fantastic graphics
    -Dynamic physics engine
    -Combat doesn't get boring (lot's of choices/takedowns/weapons)
    -Plot makes you feel gung-ho

Why you shouldn't buy it:
    -Storyline is like a C level action flick
    -Multiplayer is static, boring, and Co-op is worthless w/o a SOLID teammate
    -The price (unless you buy a Nvidia promo code off of someone)
  25. Mar 9, 2014
    I am glad I got this game for free or I would feel upset at the waste of money. The stealth feels unsatisfying. Control options feel less than intuitive. And going loud and proud though the game doesn't work until you unlock moderate armor. I can't count how many times I've been locked down by enemies shooting at me leaving to just wait until I die since the controls wouldn't let me at least limp away from open fire.

On the plus side, getting money doesn't feel too terribly difficult as long as you spend it wisely. Some of the dialogue is humorous. The customization is neat. Still, as my first foray into the world of splinter cell, I am left wondering what made this series so great when games like this are produced.
  26. Feb 24, 2014
    Complaints regarding the stealth mechanics are outdated as of the latest patch.

First of all, all the complaints regarding the stealth mechanics in this game are outdated, and have been fixed by the latest patches. The AI is no longer buggy and is consistently alert. On Perfectionist difficulty, guards will detect you at long ranges very quickly unless you're hidden in darkness. If you
    do not hide bodies well, they will be detected by new spawns of patrols. Signs of entry such as open doors that were previously closed will arouse suspicion. The stealth missions that can be obtained as separate DLC or part of the Deluxe edition are especially brutal — if you're detected, game over.

Now, the only real negative is that you're forced to install Ubisoft's Uplay software platform, even if you buy the game on Steam. To be fair, the only problem I had with Uplay is that it did not download all the patches automatically. I had to manually restart the game three times for Uplay to detect and download the three patches. This is the one and only reason I'm rating this a 9 instead of a 10.

The graphics, sound, and overall presentation are top notch, above and beyond what you would expect from an AAA title.

I struggle to find other faults with the game. Upgrading your gear is too easy since you earn money very easily in this game. It won't be long before you're armed to the teeth and an assault approach will be too easy for you. Stick to stealth, focus on getting the Ghost badge for every mission on Perfectionist, and you will be tremendously challenged.

Now is a great time to get this game because you can get it for 6 euros. If you Google for "blacklist cd key" you will find a cd key site that sells a 100% discount coupon for just 6 euros. Then go to the Ubisoft Uplay store, add Blacklist to your cart, and redeem this coupon to get a working, legitimate version of the game. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post URLs or website names in this review, so I'll refrain from doing that.
  27. Oct 2, 2013
    Boring missions and annoying as well. The game claims you can go in Rambo style but you really can't since you get a dozen more enemies that just swarm you and kill you fast, really fast. You get a plane that serves as your base and you can upgrade it to get better stuff and some help during missions. Side missions are either defeat waves of enemies or sneak in and do stuff without being seen, quite a disappointment. There are no side stuff you can collect to find out more about your enemies or what's going on, just some computers you hack (hold a button) and get money. Boooooring!!!!! Expand
  28. Sep 14, 2013
    This is the first time I have played a Splinter Cell game having got it free through one of the NVIDIA codes. Having gotten the game free, I didn't bother doing anything with it until the last couple of days when I decided to give it a go, so I was fortunate enough to play for the first time post patches. Thus far I'm about five hours into the single player campaign, but I'm not sure if I'll go much further.

I see a lot of people on here claiming that the graphics are terrible, or conversely that the graphics are amazing. The majority of the professional reviews I had read prior to playing the game said that the graphics were merely passable, and I think that's the assessment I tend to agree with. Whether the underwhelming nature of the graphics is the result of a shabby console port I can't say, but either way I'm not bothered as the visuals aren't the be all and end all of a game.

However, I do have to add my voice to the list of other reviewers on here complaining about the controls, which are not at all good. I completely understand why people are saying it's due to a lazy port. I frequently found my key presses resulted in me doing something other than what I intended due to certain keys fulfilling multiple roles. I'm not saying the wrong thing happened with every press, but it happened often enough to have me yelling in frustration on more than one occasion. On top of that I also found a few times that my key presses did nothing at all, which was also incredibly frustrating. Even when everything was working as intended, I found the controls a little clunky.

Though the controls are my main gripe and the reason I probably won't play much more of the game, I have to agree that the plot and characters are also a bit flat and uninspiring, and it's far from difficult to pick holes.

I can't comment on the multiplayer game as I haven't tried it, but I wouldn't recommend the game as a single player from my own experiences thus far.
  29. Sep 19, 2013
    Esta es una crítica SUBJETIVA tras haber finalizado el juego.

LO BUENO: los diversos gadgets de los que Sam tiene que hacer uso a lo largo del juego, el sistema de mejoras para el Paladín/equipo y ciertas situaciones que te hacen recordar buenos momentos de sus antecesores.

LO MALO: puede resultar fácil incluso en niveles avanzados de dificultad, quizá más corto que los anteriores.

No aporta gran cosa a la franquicia y seguramente hay otros mejores dentro de ella, pero eso no quiere decir que haya sido mal juego, al contrario, Splinter Cell: Blacklist ha sabido cumplir (como no hacía desde hace un tiempo) con un juego con el que te sientes estar en la piel de un agente secreto. Habiendo varios estilos de juego para acabar cada una de las misiones, toda acción será importante, pues el jugador será recompensado con puntos en función del método escogido para acabar las misma; dichos puntos podrán emplearse en mejoras para el avión (centro de operaciones) o el equipo. Además el jugador tendrá a su disposición misiones secundarias (tanto para uno como dos jugadores) con las que conseguir más puntos o simplemente pasar un buen rato (personalmente a mí no me han llamado tanto la atención pero pueden ser divertidas para los que quieran jugar en compañía). Eso es lo único nuevo que aportas el juego (las misiones y las mejoras).

En definitiva, Splinter Cell: Blacklist es un juego que te gustará tener (si no ahora, cuando se rebaje el precio) si te gusta la saga en general y que sin ser mejor que Chaos Theory o Pandora Tomorrow tampoco se queda muy por detrás.

*NO HE PROBADO EL MODO COOPERATIVO Y POR LO TANTO NO HABLO DE ÉL
    *LOS PROBLEMAS DE LA VERSIÓN DE PC EXPERIMENTADOS POR OTROS JUGADORES YO NO LOS HE TENIDO.
  30. Mar 13, 2014
    Gameplay and platforming is almost as good as previous SC games but the plot is too cliché. The story does get interesting at some points but overall its....let's just say nothing compared to conviction.
  31. May 12, 2014
    First off, I gotta say, this game was sleek as all hell. Great cutscenes, mo-cap, and how you move makes you always feel in control and like a real badass. Played through mainly non-lethal, but I couldn't resist headshotting people from time to time. So many awesome tactics you can go through, it was always nice setting up a plan to take out a group of enemies and methodically going through with it. It was so good, that I barely used Mark & Execute, unlike in Conviction.

Story-wise, it was a pretty good ride. I liked the action movie style pressure on the situation, and while the characters were essentially the archetypes you'd expect: stern but kind leader Grim, awkward hipster-dressed genius Charlie, and fierce, serious tough guy Briggs (who overlapped with Sam). Like I said above, the mo-cap was great, and while cutscenes did sometimes dip into uncanny valley it was immersive. The plot? Good enough excuse to go globetrotting and take down the enemies there...now what the hell 'fifth freedom' is, I need to Google. The environments themselves I liked, even though some were a little too linear.

Overall: good plot, interesting characters, badass gameplay, and nice environments. Should buy.
  32. Jan 4, 2014
    Game is sleek and looks pretty, but it felt shallow, barely an echo of the older Splinter Cell titles. If you want a single player experience similar to the first games in the series, don't buy Blacklist, cause this isn't it.

Developers clearly tried to make it do too much stuff including disparate features copied from other successful games. But those have little to do with Splinter
    Cell and they felt out of place here.

They were better off starting or buying another IP if they wanted to try that stuff and continue SC with its own tradition. Too bad, I was hungry for another SC.
  33. Mar 13, 2014
    Excellent game on many levels, I really enjoyed the ability to play the way I wanted through the story mission. If you really stick to the pure stealth route the game rewards you considerably more than if you go the loud route.
    While there are many items and upgrades to spend the cash you earn between mission I wouldn't have minded some more customization options to the gear.

The
    multiplayer side of things seems to be very fun but i have only spent about five hours on the spy vs mercs games so have not yet experienced everything, enjoyed what I played so far.

I am not a fan of Uplay and i dislike having to sign in to a second program when I purchased via steam.
  34. Jun 17, 2014
    Next gen video games should take a lesson from the makers of Splinter Cell Blacklist on how to build a game that is both stable and beautiful. Lets hope this is the beginning of many more outings of the 4th Echelon!
  35. Jul 22, 2014
    A very fun stealth game with a very good pc port. The story is also fairly good. The multiplayer for the most part is dead though. But aside from that it's good.

1. Jan 22, 2014
    With Conviction, the Splinter Cell series seemed to be veering off course, but Blacklist thankfully grabs the wheel and gets it back on track.
  2. Dec 12, 2013
    Splinter Cell Blacklist is one of the better entries in the long lived spy-saga. It offers great gameplay choices and sneaking is heavily rewarded. On top of that the multiplayer is also confidently crafted. The one thing lacking is the banal story with flat characterization that hinders Splinter Cell Blacklist from reaching any narrative high points.
  3. Sep 25, 2013
    Though it lacks the subdued intelligence of Chaos Theory, there's still some cracking good sneaking to be had. [Oct 2013, p.92]