7.5

1. Aug 22, 2013
    The game is just great! Now the game has a real stealth (for example, you can drag the body to distract security whistle or noise), a lot of melee attacks as deadly (knife), and no deaths. Lots of upgrades of equipment ranging from gloves and ending points, and they affect the pumping of the main character, and not just for beauty. Through the game you can now not only in stealth but asThe game is just great! Now the game has a real stealth (for example, you can drag the body to distract security whistle or noise), a lot of melee attacks as deadly (knife), and no deaths. Lots of upgrades of equipment ranging from gloves and ending points, and they affect the pumping of the main character, and not just for beauty. Through the game you can now not only in stealth but as John Rambo wet all right and left in the open, for each element of the passing points are added, and for tricks that you perform with the money. Great graphics, animation (especially melee) on top. PC version looks much higher than the console (of course at the max. Capacity). So Uncle Sam this time did not disappoint! Expand
  2. Aug 27, 2013
    Let me just start off by saying this game has derailed far, far away from Splinter Cell, at least, the way it used to be.
    Think of this game as Conviction, but it having more freedom and customization. I guess all games have to go modern and become renewed eventually, and I honestly think this new Splinter Cell isn't too bad.
    The new Sam Fisher is extremely stupid how old is he (around
    The new Sam Fisher is extremely stupid how old is he (around 57)? How the hell can he pull off the stuff he does in-game at this age? Not to mention he looks like he had a face surgery and a voice transplant (yes, yes, I know there's a new voice actor, which was inevitable after so many games).
    Considering this is a console port, I was positively surprised. There are a lot of options to choose and graphics look crisp and well-made (there are a few low quality textures for some reason, though).
    The controls are a little confusing, sadly. You share controls as Sam, as Spy and as Merc (multiplayer portion of the game, of course). Aiming is a little unresponsive and sluggish, luckily, shutting off V-Sync and reducing a few graphical options will help this problem (I hate how people mistake mouse lag with render lag and low FPS).
    The character animations are surprisingly well-done. Lipsync, movement and activity animations are up-to-par with today's games. Not to mention the camerawork is top notch, which adds to the experience quite greatly.
    I have to admire this game for the choices it gives you. It's certainly a step up from previous Splinter Cell games, which were more focused on the missions themselves. There are three different never-changing playstyles for each mission, four difficulties, not to mention the in-game narrative allows you walk around your main 'hub', talk to characters and choose optional missions and also make some moral and non-story-driven choices while in missions.
    Every mission is different, with the same objective every time get to your objective while choosing your approach through gadgets, weapons, the environment and of course your playstyle. You can cool off the main story by playing some optional missions alone or with a friend, and, of course, playing the multiplayer.
    The game has an interesting story, it's not too advanced or too simple, but it collides with the gameplay aspect of the game well enough to keep you interested.
    A few complaints about the gameplay, though the AI seems a little underdeveloped. At times, AI would spot me from across the room, and at other times, I would sit in the light, in the open and the enemy would just walk past me. A few interesting concepts of how the AI works are shown in a few areas of the game, but that's pretty much the only fun part of the single-player AI. Luckily, it's not game-breaking.
    Hiding bodes has been re-introduced. Once again, the AI is a little buggy, but if they do manage to spot a non-hidden body, they will start searching for you, which could cause problems getting to your objective. ESPECIALLY in close-quarter, claustrophobic areas.
    Spies vs Mercs is back, of course, and it's fun, even with the control problems I mentioned before.
    I have heard some people are having technical problems with DX9 and/or DX11 with the game crashing. My game never crashed (although alt-TABing pisses me off because the game automatically sets itself to windowed every time I want to step out of the game for a second). This will probably be fixed by new NVIDIA/AMD drivers and/or by game patch.
    Overall, I think this game is a good step up for the series, although Sam Fisher is getting too old for this. I think it's about time a new protagonist comes from the shadows before we see a 70 year old spy with a grumpy character saving the world again. Now THAT would be silly.
    DON'T GET ANY IDEAS, UBISOFT.
  3. Aug 24, 2013
    The game have been improved since the last installment. Ubisoft added new features you dicide different things etc) or has combined some old with new one. Also, Non Lethal/ Lethal (Ghost-Panther-Assault) choice help you to play the game in the way you like. They tried to bring the game into its roots. Furthermore, the co-op mode have fun, i enjoyed a lot especially when you teammate playsThe game have been improved since the last installment. Ubisoft added new features you dicide different things etc) or has combined some old with new one. Also, Non Lethal/ Lethal (Ghost-Panther-Assault) choice help you to play the game in the way you like. They tried to bring the game into its roots. Furthermore, the co-op mode have fun, i enjoyed a lot especially when you teammate plays properly The multiplayer (Spies v Mercs) wasn't so good as campaign, but i'm glad to see it back, (I always buy this franchise for the campaign), if you play as Spy, you play like Sam Fisher, on the opposite side, if you play as Merc, you just play more like a FPS, Call of Duty. To finish, the PC version had some problem with DX11 (crash or lag) and also with the controls. Anyway, 8 equalizes the good of the game with the cons. Expand
  4. Nov 17, 2013
    This review is just for singleplayer. The game's plot and gameplay aren't perfect but aren't bad at the same time, they are just ordinary. It's really simple. the enemies are a bit stupid. It's worth playing, if you like such sort of games.
  5. Sep 26, 2013
    I'm new to Splinter Cell, I don't play much military style games. I have to say I'm very impressed. You'd think sneaking past enemies and waiting for the perfect moment to strike sounds boring but this game makes it so much fun! There is enough of a story for me to pay attention. Main character is pretty bad ass. Supporting characters could be better, the one that attempts comicI'm new to Splinter Cell, I don't play much military style games. I have to say I'm very impressed. You'd think sneaking past enemies and waiting for the perfect moment to strike sounds boring but this game makes it so much fun! There is enough of a story for me to pay attention. Main character is pretty bad ass. Supporting characters could be better, the one that attempts comic relief is pretty annoying, they don't add much. Expand
  6. Sep 13, 2013
    Great sequel for a great game. Clearly this game beats up its successor Splinter Cell Conviction. The graphics are very good. The game mechanics are advanced, well defined and amazing. The gameplay is good. The storyline is nice. That's all i have to say. Great game. Deservedly 10 out of 10.
  7. Oct 12, 2013
    Muy buen juego, la jugabilidad es excelente y sus gráficos también. Cabe destacar la historia, sus misiones eran muy entretenidas, la modificación de armas y estilo de asesinato estuvieron a un buen nivel de juego, sobre todo las dificultades y la forma de interactuar con los demás personajes, simplemente genial.
  8. Aug 23, 2013
    Splinter cell blacklist is somewhat of a homecoming/slap in the face for me. The first thing you notice about the game is that Sam does not sound the same. It's weird hearing a thirty something year old actor voice a fifty something year old character. The game play is great and feels like a mixture of chaos theory and conviction. The story revolves around Sam stopping the blackSplinter cell blacklist is somewhat of a homecoming/slap in the face for me. The first thing you notice about the game is that Sam does not sound the same. It's weird hearing a thirty something year old actor voice a fifty something year old character. The game play is great and feels like a mixture of chaos theory and conviction. The story revolves around Sam stopping the black list, which is a series of attacks to hurt the U.S.. The game is great and really plays well but, the fact that the developers changed Sam's voice really pulls me out of the experience. The developers say that Michael Ironside istoo old to do the mocap is B.S.. The developers said the same thing about agent 47 and he was eventually reunited with the role because the fans care. Overall splinter cell blacklist is a good game, but small things like Sam's voice and parts of the game that force you to be aggressive hold this game back from being a perfect 10. Expand
  9. Aug 24, 2013
    Seeing as how Splinter Cell is one of my all time favourite series and I was super hyped for Blacklist, I felt compelled to write my first metacritic review. God, just the thought alone makes me shudder, but here it goes.

Now I have to start by saying, I'll NOT be reviewing the multiplayer aspects of the game, as I mainly play Singleplayer modes. As it stands, Blacklist is a clear

As it stands, Blacklist is a clear improvement over Conviction, which was a fantastic game, albeit somewhat "casual". As far as SC (Splinter Cell) games go.

Having to approach a situation with a tactical eye, rather than snapping the first guy's neck and going on an execution spree is a welcome change from the previous entry into the game. This is further emphasized by rewards for adapting a certain play style.

Ghost, where you slip past enemy lines using non-lethal tactics, Panther, where you are still stealthy but stabbing dudes left and right, or Action where you are basically Rambo, shooting everything that moves and using a whole bunch of C4.

Based on your style you get awarded cash and a score. Obviously, you use the cash to improve your gear and your score ranks you on global leaderboards.

Gear customization has been improved, allowing you to get better suits, googles, gadgets and weapons. All catering to your specific playstyle. Not only that, but Sam's new flying headquarters, a modified cargo plane, the Paladin, can also be improved to unlock further customization and new gadgets. To top it all off, you can store up to 3 loadouts, to swiftly switch between gear depending on how you want to approach a mission.

The only negatives regarding customization is that once you get your level 2 Stealth suit and a silenced sniper rifle, the game becomes a cakewalk. Snap a neck, mark and execute the rest from afar.

Now I have to mention bugs plaguing the game as of today. It's mostly to do with collision detection and the context sensitive actions.

Time and time again I'd try to lure a guard around the corner. As he was making his way to his death, he'd randomly get stuck on nothing, walking in place. Which gave me a laugh.

In regards to the context sensitive actions, more often than not as I was hiding in a room by a door. As my next prey approached I pressed "E" to slit his throat and low and behold, Sam stepped into the door and decided to instead close the door. Which clipping through the enemy, which of course prompted an alarm, bringing in reinforcements and/or instant mission failure.

However I'm afraid the negatives don't stop there.

Regardless of Ubisoft's latest patch, Alt Tabbing doesn't work. That's a solid fact. Dare alt tab in the middle of an op, and your game has a tendency for locking up., WITHOUT saving your checkpoint. But it's a broken system in itself, as somehow, the progression of bonus objectives WOULD be saved.

Speaking of checkpoints, they are few and far in between. Some of the more time consuming missions would throw you back some good ten to fifteen minutes if you had to quit and leave your PC.

But I feel I bad mouthed the game long enough. Let's talk about something good again.

Seeing as this is the PC version, and we are the PC master race, I'm happy to report that the game sports beautiful DX11 HD textures. That is if your rig can handle it. But even on lower DX settings the game still looks beautiful. The sound design and attention to detail in the environment is through the roof. Cobwebs hanging off the ceiling and that sort of stuff.

Now, environments. Sadly, this game decided to go the Modern FPS route. The first two main missions and a good bunch of the side missions take place in the middle east. Everything is brown and full of rats. Talk about stereotypes.

But thankfully, later on the settings change up quite a bit.

It's safe to say that was the saving grace for this game, as I'd have demanded a refund if for the next ten hours I had to sneak around arid, brown hills hunting evil brown people who are evil because they are evil.

But thankfully that wasn't the case. The story is solid, if not somewhat overused. Evil mercenaries wanting the US to change its ways. Twist, not really.

Now we have to talk about this. Because everyone is talking about this. The voice actor for Sam is no longer Michael Ironside.

The new guy, Eric Johnson does an OK job as Sam. However he is clearly not Sam. At least not the Sam we knew. He no longer sounds like a veteran who has seen some sh&t and saved the world over and over again, but instead your run of the mill American action hero. Who is out doing patriot stuff on friday nights.

To conclude, Blacklist is an amazing stealth game. But if you look further the game clearly has some problems. Mainly stability. It is obviously a very hasty console port.

For that, this game gets a 7 out of 10 from me. In my books, a seven means "Good". Not average, not very good. Just plain Good.
  10. Aug 22, 2013
    I would give the game a 9 if not for the two main issues I have with it. The first issue is Uplay, Ubisoft does not need to get it's wiener print on everything it does. If they make a quality game they will receive the benefits. The second issue is that online play seems slightly unstable. Out of about 5 hours I crashed 3 times. One time was a "blacklist.exe has stopped responding" and theI would give the game a 9 if not for the two main issues I have with it. The first issue is Uplay, Ubisoft does not need to get it's wiener print on everything it does. If they make a quality game they will receive the benefits. The second issue is that online play seems slightly unstable. Out of about 5 hours I crashed 3 times. One time was a "blacklist.exe has stopped responding" and the other two were my friend and I losing connection. Legitimately the two disconnects were not the games fault, but they way they handled it was. In the middle of a match, regardless of host, if either player loses connection...You get kicked to the map screen.

While the two issues that I mentioned were very annoying, the game is fantastic. Anyone complaining about the graphics should spring for a better video card. On ultra it's freakin' pretty.
  11. Oct 24, 2013
    If you enjoyed Conviction, you will enjoy this edition of splinter cell as well. Sam Fisher's movements are more refined and the environments present a few different ways of approaching a challenge. Character animations are nicely done as well. There are niggling AI issues where they can get stuck behind an object (just waiting to be killed), but broadly they can get pretty challenging. BeIf you enjoyed Conviction, you will enjoy this edition of splinter cell as well. Sam Fisher's movements are more refined and the environments present a few different ways of approaching a challenge. Character animations are nicely done as well. There are niggling AI issues where they can get stuck behind an object (just waiting to be killed), but broadly they can get pretty challenging. Be careful with the Heavy Soldiers. Expand
  12. Sep 1, 2013
    Best Splinter Cell when it comes to gameplay, it adds up all the good from previous games and gives almost unlimited options to play it as a ghost. (Assault is lulz)
    Plot is not bad BUT it does bother me a little that Fisher is getting younger since Chaos Theory, new voice actor does good job though.
    Level design is good, giving you multiple options to go trough and lets you use your imagination, something you dont see very much these days. Enemies are basic stuff nothing very much new here, expect i like how sometimes they will start looking for their friend if you knock him out. Though game adds one of the most annoying enemy yet, those damn dogs!
    Grapichs serves this game well and there is not much to say about that.
    Overall best Splinter Cell by gameplay but still Chaos Theory stays best Splinter Cell of all time, atmosphere does not get there like in old days.
  13. Oct 19, 2013
    this game is good though i expected it to be better. the game really lets you feel like a spy, and you have a lot of cool gadgets. some levels are big which give you a lot of reason to come back and play them. the story is pretty good, though i preffered convictions story.characters are also pretty good. a really good thing is the talks with sara(his daughter) between missions. the stealththis game is good though i expected it to be better. the game really lets you feel like a spy, and you have a lot of cool gadgets. some levels are big which give you a lot of reason to come back and play them. the story is pretty good, though i preffered convictions story.characters are also pretty good. a really good thing is the talks with sara(his daughter) between missions. the stealth mechanics are solid, and you can hide bodies(which you couldnt with conviction.) the game also lets you choose how to play (most of the times) and gives you a lot of options and tools for every playstyle.
    the game does have some problems. first of all, the graphics arent good. theyre a bit below average. faces also look pretty bad.lip syncing is also an issue. the game also has some technical issues like prompts not appearing. the port for the pc feels clunky and unresponsive. also a problem is that sometimes the game forces you to a style of play, like assault style. this moments are annoying and bad, because the shooting mechanics arent good enough to support these moments. the multiplayer is ok, nothing more than that.
    overall a good game. i expected it to be better. its too bad that it technical shortcomings take it back.
  14. Aug 22, 2013
    Soo far, I am thoroughly enjoying the single player. I have not beat it yet so I will write another review when I finish it. From the different gadgets to the diversity in missions, the single player has been a great experience. I have not played the coop so my rating is not based off that aspect either.

If you are a fan of the original Spies vs Mercs, sorry to say, but you will be

If you are a fan of the original Spies vs Mercs, sorry to say, but you will be disappointed. The sneaky, stealthy spy has been replaced by some action hero spy. Gameplay in SvM encourages run and gun behavior and gungho spirits. All you hvae to do is run up to a Merc as a spy, press one button, and if you are in range you kill them with a hand to hand assasination, very close to the same way you can run up and stab a guard in Assassins Creed..Same goes for Mercs but mercenaries are supposed to be ridiculously strong to offset the stealth abilities of the spy. In the original, you could run around in the dark without being spotted or seen. That is not the case anymore and its sad because it breaks the immersion of the game when you have to just run around and stab Mercs the whole time.
  15. Sep 21, 2013
    after a conviction we cat a game where you can chose if you wont to play as conviction or chost non lethal or just assoult and this is fukking awsome whit easy gameplay you can mark and kill in motion this looks realy cool the story line is realy good nice charecters and solid voice acting you need to stop the blacklist with nice music and great stealh that is gone be a lot of fun theafter a conviction we cat a game where you can chose if you wont to play as conviction or chost non lethal or just assoult and this is fukking awsome whit easy gameplay you can mark and kill in motion this looks realy cool the story line is realy good nice charecters and solid voice acting you need to stop the blacklist with nice music and great stealh that is gone be a lot of fun the graphic on the other hand are a bit lame futher there is a nice custamasazation that gose realy deep and some nice side missions but the waves mode is realy stupid but futher a must own for sp fans and for stealth action fans Expand
  16. Aug 30, 2013
    Amazing game! Splinter Cell is back to the way it was, with a little bit of action. The good old ops suit is back, and the gadgets couldn't be any better. Sneaking without touching hostiles is back. Even distracting hostiles too many times might not count as a Ghost. The only thing I hated about the gameplay was the footsteps doesn't make too much noise, making you run most of the time.Amazing game! Splinter Cell is back to the way it was, with a little bit of action. The good old ops suit is back, and the gadgets couldn't be any better. Sneaking without touching hostiles is back. Even distracting hostiles too many times might not count as a Ghost. The only thing I hated about the gameplay was the footsteps doesn't make too much noise, making you run most of the time. The story is great and the villain (Sadiq) did an amazing job. What I hated though is how they ruined every character in the game. Grim, Sam, Vic, and even Kobin. Their faces have changed, their voices have changed expect for Vic and Kobin. Bringing new characters would've been better than ruining the ones we loved. What I hated the most is Sam's new voice actor. He's not bad. He's not bad at all as a matter of fact. If he was the new main character I would've been thrilled. But for Sam, horrible. Sam looks old but sounds young. Talking to his grown daughter is even more confusing. Ruined one of the best characters I loved in games. But the gameplay is just incredible. Specially the multiplayer. Overall, this game is amazing and a must buy for people who love stealth in general. Expand
  17. Aug 29, 2013
    Main plot is a little bit boring, dont know about multiplayer. The gameplay is extremely fun, textures sometimes blurry. Framerate is 40+ with a HD6850 at 1920x1080 FFAO, everything high, without AA/AF. Subtitles are often mistimed, hungarian subtitle is garbage, english is of course good. It has replay value. Coop main story is missing.
  18. Aug 28, 2013
    Why the bad reviews? PC gamers should be happy to get very nicely ported game with great graphics for once. The PC version of this game was clearly given some thought and effort. The Keyboard and mouse controls work great and I think are even better than the console controls. (I have a XBOX360 gamepad) No, this is not the pure stealth that was in the first couple splinter cells, but atWhy the bad reviews? PC gamers should be happy to get very nicely ported game with great graphics for once. The PC version of this game was clearly given some thought and effort. The Keyboard and mouse controls work great and I think are even better than the console controls. (I have a XBOX360 gamepad) No, this is not the pure stealth that was in the first couple splinter cells, but at least this time stealth is very viable and more importantly FUN!! Playing the ghost style is what splinter cell purists will want to do, but panther is also very fun, the executions are great! The gadgets are better than ever, the level design is great, with multiple paths to attack each objective. The enemies are varied, causing you to mix it up when a heavy infantry or guard dog gets in your way. This is the BEST Splinter Cell since chaos theory and if you don't think so, you're just being an elitist in my opinion. The robust upgrade system and multiplayer modes are also great and add a lot of replay value to this game. No, this isn't best stealth action game ever, that is reserved for metal gear solid 4, but it is the best one SINCE!!! Expand
  19. Aug 27, 2013
    Splinter Cell Blacklist is one of the most visually stunning games to date with great gameplay this game goes hand in hand. However while the story is defiantly an improvement, we think the ending on the other hand could have been handled better as we felt it was just cut off.
  20. Feb 9, 2014
    Amazing. Plays just like Conviction, but with even more of an emphasis on stealth, like the older games. The gameplay is immensely satisfying and copies its mechanics from Conviction. Moving from cover to cover is very fluid and you have a ton of customization, diverse gadgets and ways to approach each mission. The story is as expected, very good as far as Splinter Cell goes, and evenAmazing. Plays just like Conviction, but with even more of an emphasis on stealth, like the older games. The gameplay is immensely satisfying and copies its mechanics from Conviction. Moving from cover to cover is very fluid and you have a ton of customization, diverse gadgets and ways to approach each mission. The story is as expected, very good as far as Splinter Cell goes, and even brought some unexpected humor. Michael Ironside couldn't be brought back as Sam. I'm not sure why they couldn't still use his voice, but I'm sure they had their reasons. The story was a fitting sequel to Conviction. The game runs very well, markedly better than Conviction. I was at 60 fps the whole time with vsync on. It looks very pretty, with great light effects, ambient occlusion, and reflections. The more advanced AO and AA takes its toll on framerate, but the game still looks phenomenal with Field AO and FXAA. There's lots of content -- I completed the campaign on Normal in about 15 hours. There's also Spies vs Mercs, as well as various co-op missions. Uplay, while not ideal, should be praised for not being invasive like Steam and Origin. Uplay worked fine for me, no problems except for a short server downtime which prevented me from playing (no big deal). Awesome value considering I got it on sale. Expand
  21. Feb 27, 2014
    Not a franchise player but If you have a rig that can handle it; this is a beautiful game. The story is excellent. Surprisingly, the characters and graphics are seemingly right out of a blockbuster action movie. The voice acting is superb and very much appreciated. The game-play is very entertaining albeit not perfect. There are a few flaws/glitches like jacked up rag-doll mechanicsNot a franchise player but If you have a rig that can handle it; this is a beautiful game. The story is excellent. Surprisingly, the characters and graphics are seemingly right out of a blockbuster action movie. The voice acting is superb and very much appreciated. The game-play is very entertaining albeit not perfect. There are a few flaws/glitches like jacked up rag-doll mechanics and wonky keyboard/mouse controls (probably stemming from a console port) but not enough of a shortfall to make this game anything but a good experience. The reward system and upgrade mechanism is way too generous and it seems like there could be so much more to this game. It's not perfect but very well scripted and plain old fun nonetheless. Expand
  22. Sep 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great game, nice stealth and combat, nice gameplay, good repeatability. Story is good till the half of the game, but when we get close to the ending it's became every moment more bad, then we got the ending... a fast one that make me think they had hurry to finish the game. Also it seems that the real last ending will be a DLC... major letdown here.
    If the ending were better i would have given a 9.
  23. Oct 8, 2013
    I was really hoping that this game would turn the direction this series started to head after the last two games back in the direction of greatness. What I got was a decent game that nowhere near lives up to the legacy of the first 3 games in the series. Alot of the talk has been about the change of the Voice Actor for Sam in this game. It wouldn't really bother so much if this new guyI was really hoping that this game would turn the direction this series started to head after the last two games back in the direction of greatness. What I got was a decent game that nowhere near lives up to the legacy of the first 3 games in the series. Alot of the talk has been about the change of the Voice Actor for Sam in this game. It wouldn't really bother so much if this new guy wasn't so much of a complete Everything he says is a jab at someone else or just a complete snarky comment. The old Sam was never like that and I definitely don't like it. Fortunately most everything else in the game is done very well. The story missions are very fun with alot of intrigue, even if they did go back to the old "one alarm and you lose the mission" crap the old games tried to throw at you. On the PC, you're forced to go through Ubisoft's Uplay service and, while it'll never be as good as Steam, it's got a few things going for it so it's definitely not bad. The issue is with alot of the bugs and technical problems. I have a system that is only a little over a year old and this game was buggy, never could run at a decent framerate no matter what I did, and just never could catch up to the action it felt like. I always had to play on the lowest framerate and I have never had to go below Ultra on any game with this system. Overall, I had a good experience with this game but it wasn't enough. Splinter Cell is one of the true Stealth games on the market today but it's disheartening that the developers have decided not to listen to their fans. Instead they have decided to make a game that could have been great had a few things been changed up. In the end, I definitely wouldn't recommend playing this on the PC. Opt for the console version if you really want to play this game. Expand
  24. Sep 3, 2013
    Why you should buy it:
    -Fantastic graphics
    -Dynamic physics engine
    -Combat doesn't get boring (lot's of choices/takedowns/weapons)
    -Plot makes you feel gung-ho

Why you shouldn't buy it:
    -Storyline is like a C level action flick
    -Multiplayer is static, boring, and Co-op is worthless w/o a SOLID teammate
    -The price (unless you buy a Nvidia promo code off of someone)
  25. Mar 9, 2014
    I am glad I got this game for free or I would feel upset at the waste of money. The stealth feels unsatisfying. Control options feel less than intuitive. And going loud and proud though the game doesn't work until you unlock moderate armor. I can't count how many times I've been locked down by enemies shooting at me leaving to just wait until I die since the controls wouldn't let me atI am glad I got this game for free or I would feel upset at the waste of money. The stealth feels unsatisfying. Control options feel less than intuitive. And going loud and proud though the game doesn't work until you unlock moderate armor. I can't count how many times I've been locked down by enemies shooting at me leaving to just wait until I die since the controls wouldn't let me at least limp away from open fire.

On the plus side, getting money doesn't feel too terribly difficult as long as you spend it wisely. Some of the dialogue is humorous. The customization is neat. Still, as my first foray into the world of splinter cell, I am left wondering what made this series so great when games like this are produced.
  26. Feb 24, 2014
    Complaints regarding the stealth mechanics are outdated as of the latest patch.

Complaints regarding the stealth mechanics are outdated as of the latest patch.

First of all, all the complaints regarding the stealth mechanics in this game are outdated, and have been fixed by the latest patches. The AI is no longer buggy and is consistently alert. On Perfectionist difficulty, guards will detect you at long ranges very quickly unless you're hidden in darkness. If you do not hide bodies well, they will be detected by new spawns of patrols. Signs of entry such as open doors that were previously closed will arouse suspicion. The stealth missions that can be obtained as separate DLC or part of the Deluxe edition are especially brutal — if you're detected, game over.

Now, the only real negative is that you're forced to install Ubisoft's Uplay software platform, even if you buy the game on Steam. To be fair, the only problem I had with Uplay is that it did not download all the patches automatically. I had to manually restart the game three times for Uplay to detect and download the three patches. This is the one and only reason I'm rating this a 9 instead of a 10.

The graphics, sound, and overall presentation are top notch, above and beyond what you would expect from an AAA title.

I struggle to find other faults with the game. Upgrading your gear is too easy since you earn money very easily in this game. It won't be long before you're armed to the teeth and an assault approach will be too easy for you. Stick to stealth, focus on getting the Ghost badge for every mission on Perfectionist, and you will be tremendously challenged.

Now is a great time to get this game because you can get it for 6 euros. If you Google for "blacklist cd key" you will find a cd key site that sells a 100% discount coupon for just 6 euros. Then go to the Ubisoft Uplay store, add Blacklist to your cart, and redeem this coupon to get a working, legitimate version of the game. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post URLs or website names in this review, so I'll refrain from doing that.
  27. Nov 7, 2014
    I LIKED this game and I'm not a big fan of shooters that have little strategy. I found the side missions were interesting but too few and I don't play coop or multiplayer so I couldn't experience those missions. But the solo missions were challenging enough. The main mission was interesting, and it took a while to figure out the tactics. You do need a pretty good gaming computer to avoidI LIKED this game and I'm not a big fan of shooters that have little strategy. I found the side missions were interesting but too few and I don't play coop or multiplayer so I couldn't experience those missions. But the solo missions were challenging enough. The main mission was interesting, and it took a while to figure out the tactics. You do need a pretty good gaming computer to avoid issues, and I would highly recommend this game to those who like a combination of stealth and strength. Expand
  28. Oct 2, 2013
    Boring missions and annoying as well. The game claims you can go in Rambo style but you really can't since you get a dozen more enemies that just swarm you and kill you fast, really fast. You get a plane that serves as your base and you can upgrade it to get better stuff and some help during missions. Side missions are either defeat waves of enemies or sneak in and do stuff without beingBoring missions and annoying as well. The game claims you can go in Rambo style but you really can't since you get a dozen more enemies that just swarm you and kill you fast, really fast. You get a plane that serves as your base and you can upgrade it to get better stuff and some help during missions. Side missions are either defeat waves of enemies or sneak in and do stuff without being seen, quite a disappointment. There are no side stuff you can collect to find out more about your enemies or what's going on, just some computers you hack (hold a button) and get money. Boooooring!!!!! Expand
  29. Sep 14, 2013
    This is the first time I have played a Splinter Cell game having got it free through one of the NVIDIA codes. Having gotten the game free, I didn't bother doing anything with it until the last couple of days when I decided to give it a go, so I was fortunate enough to play for the first time post patches. Thus far I'm about five hours into the single player campaign, but I'm not sure ifThis is the first time I have played a Splinter Cell game having got it free through one of the NVIDIA codes. Having gotten the game free, I didn't bother doing anything with it until the last couple of days when I decided to give it a go, so I was fortunate enough to play for the first time post patches. Thus far I'm about five hours into the single player campaign, but I'm not sure if I'll go much further.

I see a lot of people on here claiming that the graphics are terrible, or conversely that the graphics are amazing. The majority of the professional reviews I had read prior to playing the game said that the graphics were merely passable, and I think that's the assessment I tend to agree with. Whether the underwhelming nature of the graphics is the result of a shabby console port I can't say, but either way I'm not bothered as the visuals aren't the be all and end all of a game.

However, I do have to add my voice to the list of other reviewers on here complaining about the controls, which are not at all good. I completely understand why people are saying it's due to a lazy port. I frequently found my key presses resulted in me doing something other than what I intended due to certain keys fulfilling multiple roles. I'm not saying the wrong thing happened with every press, but it happened often enough to have me yelling in frustration on more than one occasion. On top of that I also found a few times that my key presses did nothing at all, which was also incredibly frustrating. Even when everything was working as intended, I found the controls a little clunky.

Though the controls are my main gripe and the reason I probably won't play much more of the game, I have to agree that the plot and characters are also a bit flat and uninspiring, and it's far from difficult to pick holes.

I can't comment on the multiplayer game as I haven't tried it, but I wouldn't recommend the game as a single player from my own experiences thus far.
  30. Sep 19, 2013
    Esta es una crítica SUBJETIVA tras haber finalizado el juego.

LO BUENO: los diversos gadgets de los que Sam tiene que hacer uso a lo largo del juego, el sistema de mejoras para el Paladín/equipo y ciertas situaciones que te hacen recordar buenos momentos de sus antecesores. LO MALO: puede resultar fácil incluso en niveles avanzados de dificultad, quizá más corto que los anteriores.
    Esta es una crítica SUBJETIVA tras haber finalizado el juego.

No aporta gran cosa a la franquicia y seguramente hay otros mejores dentro de ella, pero eso no quiere decir que haya sido mal juego, al contrario, Splinter Cell: Blacklist ha sabido cumplir (como no hacía desde hace un tiempo) con un juego con el que te sientes estar en la piel de un agente secreto. Habiendo varios estilos de juego para acabar cada una de las misiones, toda acción será importante, pues el jugador será recompensado con puntos en función del método escogido para acabar las misma; dichos puntos podrán emplearse en mejoras para el avión (centro de operaciones) o el equipo. Además el jugador tendrá a su disposición misiones secundarias (tanto para uno como dos jugadores) con las que conseguir más puntos o simplemente pasar un buen rato (personalmente a mí no me han llamado tanto la atención pero pueden ser divertidas para los que quieran jugar en compañía). Eso es lo único nuevo que aportas el juego (las misiones y las mejoras).

En definitiva, Splinter Cell: Blacklist es un juego que te gustará tener (si no ahora, cuando se rebaje el precio) si te gusta la saga en general y que sin ser mejor que Chaos Theory o Pandora Tomorrow tampoco se queda muy por detrás.

*NO HE PROBADO EL MODO COOPERATIVO Y POR LO TANTO NO HABLO DE ÉL
    *LOS PROBLEMAS DE LA VERSIÓN DE PC EXPERIMENTADOS POR OTROS JUGADORES YO NO LOS HE TENIDO.
  31. May 12, 2014
    First off, I gotta say, this game was sleek as all hell. Great cutscenes, mo-cap, and how you move makes you always feel in control and like a real badass. Played through mainly non-lethal, but I couldn't resist headshotting people from time to time. So many awesome tactics you can go through, it was always nice setting up a plan to take out a group of enemies and methodically goingFirst off, I gotta say, this game was sleek as all hell. Great cutscenes, mo-cap, and how you move makes you always feel in control and like a real badass. Played through mainly non-lethal, but I couldn't resist headshotting people from time to time. So many awesome tactics you can go through, it was always nice setting up a plan to take out a group of enemies and methodically going through with it. It was so good, that I barely used Mark & Execute, unlike in Conviction.

Story-wise, it was a pretty good ride. I liked the action movie style pressure on the situation, and while the characters were essentially the archetypes you'd expect: stern but kind leader Grim, awkward hipster-dressed genius Charlie, and fierce, serious tough guy Briggs (who overlapped with Sam). Like I said above, the mo-cap was great, and while cutscenes did sometimes dip into uncanny valley it was immersive. The plot? Good enough excuse to go globetrotting and take down the enemies there...now what the hell 'fifth freedom' is, I need to Google. The environments themselves I liked, even though some were a little too linear.

Overall: good plot, interesting characters, badass gameplay, and nice environments. Should buy.
  32. Jan 4, 2014
    Game is sleek and looks pretty, but it felt shallow, barely an echo of the older Splinter Cell titles. If you want a single player experience similar to the first games in the series, don't buy Blacklist, cause this isn't it.

Developers clearly tried to make it do too much stuff including disparate features copied from other successful games. But those have little to do with Splinter Cell and they felt out of place here.

They were better off starting or buying another IP if they wanted to try that stuff and continue SC with its own tradition. Too bad, I was hungry for another SC.
  33. Apr 9, 2016
    Blacklist finally manages to blend action and stealth in a satisfying manner. The experience retains most of the cerebral aspect of the original trilogy but also gains in action and momentum. The level design is as always, the star of the show and is both varied and challenging. The optional objectives add thrill and the different mission approaches such as Panther and Ghost add aBlacklist finally manages to blend action and stealth in a satisfying manner. The experience retains most of the cerebral aspect of the original trilogy but also gains in action and momentum. The level design is as always, the star of the show and is both varied and challenging. The optional objectives add thrill and the different mission approaches such as Panther and Ghost add a satisfying level of incentive and reward.
    Gadgets and character customization are both fun and mechanically relevant. The production value is as good as ever and the visual presentation is good. That said, it is unfortunate that the game lost so much of its flair and sense of style; The minimalist, noir/Clancy ambiance was sacrificed in exchange for a cheap B television drama look and feel. The replacement of Micheal Ironside from the cast, straight-up destroyed the character of Sam Fisher and all the charisma that went with it. Black list is a good game, it is a competent game, but in some fundamental way, it is not the Splinter cell we all come to know and love.
  34. Mar 13, 2014
    Excellent game on many levels, I really enjoyed the ability to play the way I wanted through the story mission. If you really stick to the pure stealth route the game rewards you considerably more than if you go the loud route.
    While there are many items and upgrades to spend the cash you earn between mission I wouldn't have minded some more customization options to the gear.
    The

The multiplayer side of things seems to be very fun but i have only spent about five hours on the spy vs mercs games so have not yet experienced everything, enjoyed what I played so far.

I am not a fan of Uplay and i dislike having to sign in to a second program when I purchased via steam.
  35. Sep 2, 2015
    Superbe jeu, immersif et qui n'a rien à envier à son concurrent MGS : The Phantom Pain.

2 ans plus tard, Splinter Cell est toujours autant parfait !
  36. Aug 2, 2014
    Potentially great game completely ruined by one single poor design decision: Not allowing Player to save whenever. Having to replay from checkpoint over and over again led to some very very frustrating game play . After a while I felt like just run and gun (which worked great), just to finish the game. It wasn't worth my time trying stealth approach over and over again and fail becausePotentially great game completely ruined by one single poor design decision: Not allowing Player to save whenever. Having to replay from checkpoint over and over again led to some very very frustrating game play . After a while I felt like just run and gun (which worked great), just to finish the game. It wasn't worth my time trying stealth approach over and over again and fail because Sim fails to act as I want.

Lots of gadgets but felt useless because AGAIN it's not worth the time to experiment with gadgets, screw up and having to restart from checkpoint.

Another problem that downplays stealth is that Sam Fisher moves so slow when moving a body. It's entirely not worth hiding body because AGAIN if you are spotted, you are sure to be shot to death before you can put the body down and back to checkpoint again. And you will be spotted very very often on harder levels.
  37. Jun 15, 2014
    Blacklist is easily the second best iteration of the Splinter Cell series, right after Chaos Theory. The execution system returns, but, unlike in Conviction, pure stealth remains a viable option throughout the game. The game makes concessions to modernity with two unwelcome additions: grinding money to buy equipment (although this can be considered an improvement on Conviction, as you noBlacklist is easily the second best iteration of the Splinter Cell series, right after Chaos Theory. The execution system returns, but, unlike in Conviction, pure stealth remains a viable option throughout the game. The game makes concessions to modernity with two unwelcome additions: grinding money to buy equipment (although this can be considered an improvement on Conviction, as you no longer have to grind unrealistic PEC challenges to upgrade your gear) and easy-mode DLC, which gives you access to unique medium-tier gear from the start. Thankfully, the portable EMP does not return in Blacklist, which means you can no longer rely on it to instantly stun everyone around you whenever you get detected. Despite these problems, Blacklist features fun, thoughtful gameplay and a large variety of missions, as well as the ability to seamlessly replay any mission you choose from the game's hub. The ability to team up with friends for side-missions, which are playable in single-player, helps bridge the gap between solo campaign and co-op; although there is a dedicated co-op mini-campaign. which features elements that simply would not be possible with missions designed to be playable alone or with a partner. The game feels and controls like it was developed for PC rather than being lazily ported, which is fantastic.

If you've been burned by Conviction, Splinter Cell: Blacklist will restore your faith in the series.
  38. Dec 2, 2014
    The story is good, I cant blame Tom Clancy's books. But Ubisoft made a bad console port to pc, leaving the optimization with too much to do, so the game crashes and is annoying very often.
  39. Mar 5, 2015
    SHORT VERSION:
    Underneath the many small flaws and irritations, SplinterCell:Blacklist is still "ok" in the end, and sometimes even enjoyable. I can recommend it at the sale price.
    LONG VERSION (WITH SOME RANTING): Sorry, but I will have to go against consensus and say this is no better than SplinterCell:Conviction, which was average in my opinion. The intro video is great, but the
    SHORT VERSION:

LONG VERSION (WITH SOME RANTING):
    The intro video is great, but the rest of the game does not hold up quite as well.

As with the last game, the campaign story is decent - very much like a typical hollywood action movie, and most enjoyable if you don't try to think too hard.
    Gameplay mechanics are ok - fairly solid and very conventional. There are the typical minor issues and inconsistencies, but nothing too bad. As usual you observe the predefined enemy patrols, and sneak past when a gap inevitably appears. If you follow this rule successfully, you are never forced to improvise (unless its scripted). Level design is still too tight and linear, offering no real freedom in how to approach an objective, but this is normal for mainstream console games. I do miss the greater freedom of movement games like IGI 2, Stalker, and ARMA offer though, when you are infiltrating enemy positions. At least the visual detail in some areas was quite good. There is also the usual over emphasis on cover in the level design. Whether you are sneaking or shooting, you will spend most of your time glued to cover and pressing a key to dash to the next conveniently placed cover object. I can put up with this, but it gets repetitive quickly - the market is already saturated with cover based shooters.

Sam's new voice actor and model are less likeable. He used to be mature, calm, witty and cynical, but now he comes across like a smug jerk. And they made him younger and heavier - he looks like a steroid-pumped rip-off Commander Shepherd from Mass Effect. He also looks angry all the time and delivers so many lame pep-talk statements with a cold suave voice.
    The setup of Sam's new team is less believable - A small group of super elite ex-teens with total freedom, subject to absolutely no bureaucracy, with "license to kill", who report directly to the US president? come on! Also, the depiction of technology is so full of BS, even by SplinterCell standards, that it is immersion breaking. The computer interface the protagonists use looks more like gibberish alien tech from Starwars than something from real life. It seems the devs tried too hard to impress gamers who they assume are just as dull-minded and tech illiterate as them. Some events in the story are so utterly laughable that I cannot resist analyzing an example here (MINOR SPOILER WARNING):
    In the singleplayer story, the team's huge transport plane loses power in-flight. To "lose weight" and slow the loss of altitude, the team dumps a helicopter out of the loading bay. Facepalm. (And I'm not even describing the stupid way they get it out the door) Assuming a weight of 350 tons for the aircraft (a loaded Antonov-124), and a weight of 4 tons for the helicopter (AS565 Panther), that small loss of weight is not going to help much, and opening the loading door would induce massive additional drag, causing greater loss of altitude. Why not jetisson most of the fuel? Military aircraft often have systems to do that. (An Antonov-124 can hold up to 200 tons of fuel, up to half the entire weight of the aircraft) But I guess that would not have been "dramatic" enough. Most video games lack plausibility to varying extents, but Blacklist is one of the worst offenders.

The control scheme has been changed since last game, and for the worse. Who thought binding “Use”, "Open/Smash Door", “Climb/Vault” and “Move to next cover” all to 1 button was a good idea? (you cannot change this). This is not a game breaking flaw, but is it really asking too much to let us use separate buttons for everything on our 100+ key controllers (aka keyboards). Controls feel a bit sluggish and sometimes even unresponsive. The 3rd person camera feels wrong - too much randomly changing perspective and mouse sensitivity. Night vision is near useless, might as well turn up gamma on my monitor. Alt-tab no longer works (at least not for me in Dx11). I did not have many of these problems in SplinterCell:Conviction.

As for multiplayer: "The Splinter Cell Blacklist service is not available. Please try again later."

I also notice this game series is feeling more and more like an Assassins Creed or FarCry3 clone. It seems Ubisoft is trying to be a bit too efficient with pooling development resources between it's studios, and as a result all their games feel very similar. Its not a big problem, and not necessarily a bad thing (copying the best features across all your games).

Overall this is by no means a 'bad game'. None of the flaws are game breaking, and if you can live with all the irritations I mentioned, you will probably enjoy it. Otherwise, you should put Ubisoft, Uplay, and this game on your blacklist.
  40. Mar 17, 2015
    I have played(and really enjoyed) all Splinter Cell games, and I love this game. Alot of hardcore fans of the old games do not seem to like the two newest games, but I really like them. The gameplay is very flexible, many routes and generally different ways to complete missions. If you like doing things the stealthy way, go for it, if you like a more direct and aggressive approach you canI have played(and really enjoyed) all Splinter Cell games, and I love this game. Alot of hardcore fans of the old games do not seem to like the two newest games, but I really like them. The gameplay is very flexible, many routes and generally different ways to complete missions. If you like doing things the stealthy way, go for it, if you like a more direct and aggressive approach you can do this as well. Completing a level in a 100% stealth style is much more challenging and rewarding than it was in the old games imo, and this is because the game is much more dynamic than the old ones. In the old games the levels were designed for the player to be able to get around undetected, although it certainly was challenging at times, it was more linear. In Blacklist, managing to get undetected through an area swarming with enemies, where the obvious choice might be to gun them down, is really challenging and rewarding.

Recommend to play at a high difficulty, but that should be a given.
  41. Sep 9, 2016
    I really enjoyed Blacklist. The controls are slick and responsive. The multiplayer is slick and harkens back to the best of Pandora's Tomorrow and Chaos Theory. It was a pleasure to play online with my friends and relive the thrill of avoiding the merc flashlights. The co-op was fun too. I hope they make more in the series.
  42. Aug 15, 2014
    Suddenly a great game! Can be a long story than she is so good. Just give you a couple of things from the pros - great optimization! (I did not expect this) and support windows xp - but for me it is very important. The actual gameplay is noticeably better. The plot of the average. There is a full localization - the game is very happy. 9/10
  43. Mar 13, 2014
    Gameplay and platforming is almost as good as previous SC games but the plot is too cliché. The story does get interesting at some points but overall its....let's just say nothing compared to conviction.
  44. Dec 12, 2015
    Gameplay : 9
    Graphics : 10
    Story : 9
    Sound : 10
    Overall : 9
  45. Jan 3, 2015
    I wasn't sure if I should get this game, because Ubisoft, but it was for sale and I ended up enjoying it. The missions are fun, gameplay is great and it's simply good entertainment. It's great that you can play the game however you want (sneak or assault), that adds a lot of replay value.

If you rush the story, you won't have all the nice equipment by the end, because you lack credits to unlock it. I suggest you play sidemissions, coop and multiplayer until you have the right equipment for the story, because it's even more fun with access to the good weapons and gadgets.
  46. Sep 12, 2014
    Massive shame. As a fan of the original titles I was awfully put off by the opening and first level gameplay offered by blacklist. Though impressed by the quality of its production I can't stand to see the standard set by this series drift this far from stealth simulation. Missing the tongue in cheek humour of fisher, multi vision mode, sound detection ai and just the calm realisticMassive shame. As a fan of the original titles I was awfully put off by the opening and first level gameplay offered by blacklist. Though impressed by the quality of its production I can't stand to see the standard set by this series drift this far from stealth simulation. Missing the tongue in cheek humour of fisher, multi vision mode, sound detection ai and just the calm realistic professionalism of the characters and slow-er-than-tv-show pace helped create tense and complex gameplay scenarios that splintered an early audience and earned new fans at the time of the original 2002 xbox release.

On top of this expect strange, inhuman movement animations and mechanics that betray the original entirely replacing the concept of moving slowly like a spider preying in the darkness transform here to what feels like a rabid snake flailing from cover to cover snapping at it's ai crippled victims. Actually stopped playing after 40 mins as NOTHING felt stealthy anymore. I guess its open market on who can create the best stealth/spy simulator looks like kojima has reclaimed that title for now.
  47. Jun 17, 2014
    Next gen video games should take a lesson from the makers of Splinter Cell Blacklist on how to build a game that is both stable and beautiful. Lets hope this is the beginning of many more outings of the 4th Echelon!
  48. Mar 10, 2015
    First splinter cell i ever played. Very good controls, fantastic graphics, solid AI. I think that the difficulty level may be a little too high for some players but overall it was a very pleasant experience. I think this is one of the best stealth games I ever played and surely one of the best 2013 games.
  49. Aug 9, 2016
    I'm gonna try not to compare this to the previous entries in the series and just judge it as a stand alone release in what's been a pretty good franchise. I also could care less about the new voice actor. Ironside was not used, the voice is different, and I was over it after about 2 seconds into the game.

What we have here is a solid stealth/action hybrid with a decent if not by the

What we have here is a solid stealth/action hybrid with a decent if not by the numbers Clancy style tale. The gameplay is pretty smooth although the contextual actions can aggravate at times. I want to cover behind a wall but instead Fisher jumps down and hangs from a ledge for instance. This is the problem with contextual actions that use the same button. Sometimes you'll open a door when you want flip the light switch for instance. It's annoying when it happens, but thankfully doesn't happen all too oftern

I recommend playing on a high or even the highest difficulty because this game is cake once you get used to the mechanics. Once you unlock the silenced sniper you might as well just be terminator out there, but the higher difficulties will pose a much better challenge with more reactive AI. I like how you can play your way and not be punished for it. However, going all out assault is probably the most boring way to play the game and you'll get punished on the higher diffuculties. I usually like to do mix of all 3 modes. Thin out the herd a bit until I get caught and then finish off the rest. Those damn dogs though. They'll come running at you and you need to aim quick!

I like how the game is setup with a main hub in between missions where you can do some side ops and upgrade your stuff. Talking to the different characters always fleshes out the story a bit more and all characters are interested and voiced well. Makes you want to push through to finish the story. The bad guys are an interesting bunch as well, but really it's just another group of high tech terrorists that we've seen in countless games and movies. It works though and sets up the tension well for each main mission.

This game actually reminded me a lot of MGSV, which I played before this one. The funny thing is this game came out 2 years prior, so looks like they copied a lot of the gameplay style from Blacklist. If you liked MGSV, you'll probably enjoy this too. At this point, you can get it on a discount which makes it a great bargain. Oh yeah, and MP is not bad but some of the side missions are co-op only, which is kind of infuriating if you're a sp only type of gamer. You'll miss out on a few side ops with a key character, so that kind of stinks. These types of things shouldn't be forced down your throat like that. Let me pick to play with the AI on my team at least. Overall, a pretty good game and people are just panning it because it's not like the old splinter cell games. I think it stands up well on its own, but not as good as the first 3 games which are classics.
  50. Jul 22, 2014
    A very fun stealth game with a very good pc port. The story is also fairly good. The multiplayer for the most part is dead though. But aside from that it's good.
  51. Aug 2, 2014
    I have Been a fan of the Splinter cell series, since the Chaos Theory. The previous installment, Conviction, was no way near to the standards i expected off a Tom Clancy Franchise. But, Blacklist, is something else, the story line, is brilliant, so are the voice-overs, & the best bit, for me personally could be the Soundtrack. It Just adds more zest to the overall experience. Glad toI have Been a fan of the Splinter cell series, since the Chaos Theory. The previous installment, Conviction, was no way near to the standards i expected off a Tom Clancy Franchise. But, Blacklist, is something else, the story line, is brilliant, so are the voice-overs, & the best bit, for me personally could be the Soundtrack. It Just adds more zest to the overall experience. Glad to finally see, Splinter cell, go back to the roots, over-head pipes & shimmy. The Best bit about this game would be that, you have a lot of options for executing your moves, the best bet would be , to stick to the roots, using the overhead pipes, that is. Expand
  52. Aug 24, 2014
    This is more or less a Splinter Cell Double Agent with the style of SC Conviction, nothing more. Some spots (some=very few) felt exactly like Chaos Theory but it was just not enough. The game feels like a normal blockbuster, and ubisoft added all these features about unlocking equipment, upgrading and buying stuff with money you earn by doing the mission in a certain way and doing stupidThis is more or less a Splinter Cell Double Agent with the style of SC Conviction, nothing more. Some spots (some=very few) felt exactly like Chaos Theory but it was just not enough. The game feels like a normal blockbuster, and ubisoft added all these features about unlocking equipment, upgrading and buying stuff with money you earn by doing the mission in a certain way and doing stupid soulless side missions and so on....

Well, I did not like it and I am a huge fan of Sam Fisher. It is ok, it feels like Splinter Cell but it is still the rotten Splinter Cell we carry on since Double Agent. Buy it very cheap if you really miss some stealth action but be warned, it does not differ so much from the latest Splinter Cell games. The atmosphere is just not there. Repetitive missions, and not enough communicative.

53. Sep 4, 2014
    A disappointing game for sure... It's sad that the last couple of games were both big letdowns. This game is lacking on many aspects. I just feel they have gone downhill after Conviction with Chaos Theory being the last good one and at this point I don't think any future Splinter Cell game will top that. Definitely not worth the time. Nothing that will make you really like it
  54. Sep 6, 2015
    this game is so good infiltration action game. i always feel good tense in while gaming. i want to play the other this game series. the only bad thing of this game is the volume. volume is a little small
  55. Jun 10, 2016
    Good story, characters, level design, dialogue (though people tend to speak too fast - hard to follow). The overall gameplay mechanics are decent, but the game occasionally manifests itself as a console port. The main problem is with the E key, which serves too many functions and there's no way to distribute them across different buttons. Your E key interacts with objects like doors, lightGood story, characters, level design, dialogue (though people tend to speak too fast - hard to follow). The overall gameplay mechanics are decent, but the game occasionally manifests itself as a console port. The main problem is with the E key, which serves too many functions and there's no way to distribute them across different buttons. Your E key interacts with objects like doors, light switches or bodies. It's also for initiating a kill animation and picking up weapons. Now imagine a situation where you want to do one thing with this key, but coincidentally there are several animations that can be triggered. I want to go for a kill, but... NO. FISHER CLOSES A **** DOOR IN MY TARGETS FACE AND GETS HIMSELF SHOT IN THE PROCESS. In another instance I got myself into a gunfight and wanted to pick up a weapon while I was behind cover. Coincidentally there was an effing body right next to the weapon. What happens? Fisher is locked into the slow animation for picking up bodies, stands up from cover doing so, AND GETS **** SHOT. In "realism" mode this "realistic" scenario gets you killed in two shots and you have to do everything all over again.

The number of times I had to re-do a level because the game facked me over is uncountable. That impacts the rating. Otherwise it's a classic Splinter Cell experience.
  56. Feb 10, 2016
    DO NOT buy this game.. useless game with enemies detecting you very easily and missions dont save and after an hour of progress, you wil be needed to start from beginnning even if a cctv spots u.

Oh and ubisoft support SUCKS big time. no replies to my queries of game not starting with old outdated uplay app!!!

RIDICULOUS>
  57. Jan 3, 2015
    This game suffered from early bugs which resulted in rather low scores. Now after more then year since its release the game runs very solid without any visible bugs or crashes. I had steam steam version of the game, though all versions run through UBI Soft play domain. In my opinion this is one of the best Splinter Cell releases. Graphics is great. The game mechanics follows theThis game suffered from early bugs which resulted in rather low scores. Now after more then year since its release the game runs very solid without any visible bugs or crashes. I had steam steam version of the game, though all versions run through UBI Soft play domain. In my opinion this is one of the best Splinter Cell releases. Graphics is great. The game mechanics follows the traditional SC movement and interaction commands. Missions are challenging enough and can be solved using multiple approaches with solely using stealth to combination of stealth and offensive play. What is different from other SC releases, Blacklist maps have various layers which allow player more freedoms to finish the map using different paths. Also different from previous SC releases, this one offers additional SP maps, which are not part of campaign but also fun to play. They are initiated by talking to Fisher's crew. One negative aspect that I find with this release is somewhat water downed stealth action. Aside from few instances, most maps can be solved easily by brute force, or shooting the way through. This is common issue with stealth games, as most players finds it boring to sneak around without eliminating enemies, so game devs are forced to implement the maps with this in mind. I have not tried MP so I will skip it for this review.
    The game runs on Steam for under 5 buck. If you have not tried it yet, do t by all means.
  58. May 8, 2015
    Splinter Cell Blacklist is a beautiful game to watch. The way its protagonist moves, leaps, climbs and performs hand-to-hand takedowns are all spectacular. It can also be a very frustrating game to play. With it's immense difficulty and the scourge of stealth insta-fails, you will retry, and retry, and retry... And yet I couldn't stop playing.
    Blacklist rarely rewards your creativity.
    Blacklist rarely rewards your creativity. There is a carefully orchestrated choreography going on in every map; the way enemy patrols are spawned, the routes they take, etc, leaves you to figure out where the programmers wanted you to go, what order they wanted you to do things in. If anything goes wrong, you will fail, with no mid-mission checkpoints in non-story missions. And you will retry, and retry, and retry.
    In those missions without insta-fails, you will often find yourself in a hard spot if you've been discovered. Enemies will rush to the spot you were last seen in with a speed that would make Barry Allen jealous. Here you will have to improvise, and "go Hollywood". And this are some of the most tense, engaging, and frustrating moments in the game. You have the arsenal to take on an army. But the controls feel as crisp as those of a truck. You have to engage or disengage cover if you want to move freely. Press F for the thermal vision, Alt to tag a target, Ctrl to execute, long press Tab to access the gadget wheel,etc. It's all just too much in the heat of battle. You will fail, and you will retry, and retry, and retry.
    To sum up, here's what I liked about this game:
    -Impressive arsenal of gadgets.
    -Enemy A.I. is some of the best I've seen.
    -Animations are brilliant, wide assortment of lethal and non-lethal takedowns.
    -Stalking enemies and taking them down in stealth is satisfying and a lot of fun.
    -The system that moves you from cover to cover is an effective tool.
    Here's what I hated:
    -Clunky and fiddly controls that are functional while in stealth, but tremendously frustrating in the heat of combat.
    -Stealth insta-fails and High Value Target missions are excruciating, based on trial and error.
    -Having to wrestle with the camera while in heavy combat, specially after a takedown.
    -Random bugs like enemies instantly knowing my position when one of my mines goes off in the other side of the map.
    -Bulletproof elements in the environment (like a bulletproof ficus).
    -Shooting from high cover, like a balcony, is horrible. First you have to aim, then look down, THEN you can peek over the ledge, otherwise your view is almost completely obstructed.
    In conclusion:
    There is a lot to like here, but a heavy price tag to get to it, paid in frustration and exasperation at having to retry missions over and over (and over).
  59. Jul 11, 2015
    Splinter cell blacklist has a generic story with a generic bad guy with a very generic motivation. It also doesn't help the game that it is running on a dying engine that has started showing its age in certain departments. Particularly the facial animations. The game is also very short when compared to other splinter cell games. The games also includes triggered events which force you toSplinter cell blacklist has a generic story with a generic bad guy with a very generic motivation. It also doesn't help the game that it is running on a dying engine that has started showing its age in certain departments. Particularly the facial animations. The game is also very short when compared to other splinter cell games. The games also includes triggered events which force you to get into a fight you may not want to. Blacklist has also removed interrogations. It would of been nice to have the good old fashioned interrogations from chaos theory heck even the conviction interrogations would of been a nice touch. And Michael Ironside not being in the game is a bummer.

But the game has a superb cover system, brings back the classic spies vs mercs multiplayer (Arguably the best multiplayer component for a game EVER) and also brings back multiple pathways to take during a mission (Still not as many as chaos theory though). Sam also moves more fluidly and has plenty of gadgets to his disposal. There are also multiple playstyles to choose from. The enemies are also varied, unique and rather clever. The game also just has this 'charm' to it.
  60. May 28, 2017
    This is not a stealth game at all. All the time is face to face in enemy because the levels designed to be that.
    Weapons in game is loud and poor. Missions are not interested. The Double Agent is old but better than Blacklist.
  61. Jun 29, 2016
    très bon jeu a essaye, des graphisme au top pour son époque ,des personnage caractériels,et des fonctionnalite très bien imaginé j'ai bien aimer l'ide du "drone" qui est bien imagine

1. Jan 22, 2014
    With Conviction, the Splinter Cell series seemed to be veering off course, but Blacklist thankfully grabs the wheel and gets it back on track.
  2. Dec 12, 2013
    Splinter Cell Blacklist is one of the better entries in the long lived spy-saga. It offers great gameplay choices and sneaking is heavily rewarded. On top of that the multiplayer is also confidently crafted. The one thing lacking is the banal story with flat characterization that hinders Splinter Cell Blacklist from reaching any narrative high points.
  3. PC PowerPlay
    Sep 25, 2013
    Though it lacks the subdued intelligence of Chaos Theory, there's still some cracking good sneaking to be had. [Oct 2013, p.92]