7.3

1. Apr 1, 2014
    Massive shame. As a fan of the original titles I was awfully put off by the opening and first level gameplay offered by blacklist. Though impressed by the quality of its production I can't stand to see the standard set by this series drift this far from stealth simulation. Missing the tongue in cheek humour of fisher, multi vision mode, sound detection ai and just the calm realistic professionalism of the characters and slow-er-than-tv-show pace helped create tense and complex gameplay scenarios that splintered an early audience and earned new fans at the time of the original 2002 xbox release.

On top of this expect strange, inhuman movement animations and mechanics that betray the original entirely replacing the concept of moving slowly like a spider preying in the darkness transform here to what feels like a rabid snake flailing from cover to cover snapping at it's ai crippled victims. Actually stopped playing after 40 mins as NOTHING felt stealthy anymore. I guess its open market on who can create the best stealth/spy simulator looks like kojima has reclaimed that title for now.

Review is for SP PC my score is purely for my inability to enjoy the single player mode.
  2. Mar 17, 2014
    VERY buggy. Constant crashes. Sometimes doesn't even start thanks to Uplay. Doesn't save games. The small amount of the game I managed to play uninterrupted was very linear, dull and predictable. Avoid at all costs.
  3. Mar 13, 2014
    I have not a single clue why this is called splinter cell, or why it is labeled a stealth game. Stealth for dummies would be a better title (If it had any stealth). It is clear that these people have no idea why previous installment were successful because the core mechanics have been scrapped and dumbed down to something new and horrible. Every single aspect of this game is utterly abysmal. Everything from controls to user interface has a bad feel and hinders any chance at fun gameplay. They could not even bother to take the time to work with the lighting properly. If your gaming room has any sort of window to the outside you will be unable to see anything on screen while you play as a merc (Who no longer have flashlights for some reason.) Stealth is about being patient and tactical, neither of which are present in this sprint to kill mess. This is not only yet another slap in the face to all fans of the series, but even managed to be worse than conviction when it comes to controls and movement. This game is clearly made to cater to people to brain dead to be bothered with real stealth or tactics (Casual Gamers).
    Boycott this uncreative atrocity that spits on the epic name of splinter cell. Avoid at all costs, oblivion and morrowind have better stealth than this.
  4. Mar 13, 2014
    Gameplay and platforming is almost as good as previous SC games but the plot is too cliché. The story does get interesting at some points but overall its....let's just say nothing compared to conviction.
  5. Mar 13, 2014
    Excellent game on many levels, I really enjoyed the ability to play the way I wanted through the story mission. If you really stick to the pure stealth route the game rewards you considerably more than if you go the loud route.
    While there are many items and upgrades to spend the cash you earn between mission I wouldn't have minded some more customization options to the gear.

The
    multiplayer side of things seems to be very fun but i have only spent about five hours on the spy vs mercs games so have not yet experienced everything, enjoyed what I played so far.

I am not a fan of Uplay and i dislike having to sign in to a second program when I purchased via steam.
  6. Mar 9, 2014
    I am glad I got this game for free or I would feel upset at the waste of money. The stealth feels unsatisfying. Control options feel less than intuitive. And going loud and proud though the game doesn't work until you unlock moderate armor. I can't count how many times I've been locked down by enemies shooting at me leaving to just wait until I die since the controls wouldn't let me at least limp away from open fire.

On the plus side, getting money doesn't feel too terribly difficult as long as you spend it wisely. Some of the dialogue is humorous. The customization is neat. Still, as my first foray into the world of splinter cell, I am left wondering what made this series so great when games like this are produced.
  7. Feb 27, 2014
    Not a franchise player but If you have a rig that can handle it; this is a beautiful game. The story is excellent. Surprisingly, the characters and graphics are seemingly right out of a blockbuster action movie. The voice acting is superb and very much appreciated. The game-play is very entertaining albeit not perfect. There are a few flaws/glitches like jacked up rag-doll mechanics and wonky keyboard/mouse controls (probably stemming from a console port) but not enough of a shortfall to make this game anything but a good experience. The reward system and upgrade mechanism is way too generous and it seems like there could be so much more to this game. It's not perfect but very well scripted and plain old fun nonetheless. Expand
  8. Feb 24, 2014
    Complaints regarding the stealth mechanics are outdated as of the latest patch.

First of all, all the complaints regarding the stealth mechanics in this game are outdated, and have been fixed by the latest patches. The AI is no longer buggy and is consistently alert. On Perfectionist difficulty, guards will detect you at long ranges very quickly unless you're hidden in darkness. If you
    do not hide bodies well, they will be detected by new spawns of patrols. Signs of entry such as open doors that were previously closed will arouse suspicion. The stealth missions that can be obtained as separate DLC or part of the Deluxe edition are especially brutal — if you're detected, game over.

Now, the only real negative is that you're forced to install Ubisoft's Uplay software platform, even if you buy the game on Steam. To be fair, the only problem I had with Uplay is that it did not download all the patches automatically. I had to manually restart the game three times for Uplay to detect and download the three patches. This is the one and only reason I'm rating this a 9 instead of a 10.

The graphics, sound, and overall presentation are top notch, above and beyond what you would expect from an AAA title.

I struggle to find other faults with the game. Upgrading your gear is too easy since you earn money very easily in this game. It won't be long before you're armed to the teeth and an assault approach will be too easy for you. Stick to stealth, focus on getting the Ghost badge for every mission on Perfectionist, and you will be tremendously challenged.

Now is a great time to get this game because you can get it for 6 euros. If you Google for "blacklist cd key" you will find a cd key site that sells a 100% discount coupon for just 6 euros. Then go to the Ubisoft Uplay store, add Blacklist to your cart, and redeem this coupon to get a working, legitimate version of the game. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post URLs or website names in this review, so I'll refrain from doing that.
  9. Feb 23, 2014
    Turns out they not only removed Sam's voice, but his soul as well. If the guy in this game is Sam Fisher, then I am James Bond and I am not even British.
  10. Feb 18, 2014
    I would not recommend this game to anyone who wants to play online with friends. Like so many of Ubisoft's games - the "play with a friend" game type does not work. One only has to read the forums to see that this is not an isolated problem. It's half a game. And if you're like me and purchased the game mainly because you wanted to play online with a friend, then you'll be sorely disappointed. If you are just looking for a single-player FPS then you probably could do worse than SC: Blacklist. But if you're after co-op fun with friends, then avoid at all costs. Expand
  11. Feb 13, 2014
    Having just played AC4 (Black Flag) I guess I've grown used to fluid movement controls (and sea shanties), which makes Blacklist all the more grating. It's just horribly inconsistent, you can't climb over things you expect to be able to climb over, you can't drop off things you expect to drop off, the cover system works here but not there. And if you get caught in the open by a heavy, you might as well surrender, because you feel like a drunk puppeteer as you try and bring shots down on target.. I had to rage-quit so many times (in order to avoid a coronary) that I ultimately decided to uninstall after completing just under 50%. So frustrating. Avoid. Expand
  12. Feb 9, 2014
    Amazing. Plays just like Conviction, but with even more of an emphasis on stealth, like the older games. The gameplay is immensely satisfying and copies its mechanics from Conviction. Moving from cover to cover is very fluid and you have a ton of customization, diverse gadgets and ways to approach each mission. The story is as expected, very good as far as Splinter Cell goes, and even brought some unexpected humor. Michael Ironside couldn't be brought back as Sam. I'm not sure why they couldn't still use his voice, but I'm sure they had their reasons. The story was a fitting sequel to Conviction. The game runs very well, markedly better than Conviction. I was at 60 fps the whole time with vsync on. It looks very pretty, with great light effects, ambient occlusion, and reflections. The more advanced AO and AA takes its toll on framerate, but the game still looks phenomenal with Field AO and FXAA. There's lots of content -- I completed the campaign on Normal in about 15 hours. There's also Spies vs Mercs, as well as various co-op missions. Uplay, while not ideal, should be praised for not being invasive like Steam and Origin. Uplay worked fine for me, no problems except for a short server downtime which prevented me from playing (no big deal). Awesome value considering I got it on sale. Expand
  13. Feb 4, 2014
    The game is pretty good, WHEN I can play it. With Uplay it's almost impossible to get it to run, and when it runs, it doesn't save. BEWARE of Uplay! Don't buy this game, Uplay will make sure you won't be able to enjoy it.
  14. Feb 3, 2014
    Seriously, what the hell is this. I buy this game, intending mainly to play it multiplayer with a friend, and it doesn't work at all. I look on the forums to see what's up, to see if there is some fix or anything, willing to do an amount of work to fix it, and nothing. All I see is that for some people it works and for others it doesn't. I have an excellent computer and great internet, and so does my friend, so it's not those. It's simply a dumb game that doesn't work as advertised.

Maybe the single player is good, I don't know. But for me, I bought this game for the multiplayer and coop with a friend, and I got nothing out of it. If you want to play multiplayer, **** save your money. The Devs don't respond to any of the forums. Not they just can't figure out how to fix it. THEY ARE IGNORING IT.

Not to mention this awful Uplay fiasco. Seriously? why do we need this Uplay **** It adds nothing to the game and only makes everyone pissed. I, for one, seriously want my money back.
  15. Jan 29, 2014
    This game is horrendous! I was given this game by a friend, thinking that it would be good.
    After a painful hour of installing this (and having to patch everything up, thanks to the abomination that is uPlay). The second I was given control of the main character, I was instantly disappointed. Average visuals, clunky and stiff controls, and it suffers massive frame drops.

After about a
    half hour of playing this, I gave up and uninstalled it. I'm glad I didn't spend $90 on this excuse of a port.
    Dark Souls was a better PC port compared to this.
  16. Jan 6, 2014
    I was turned off by the first mandatory tutorial mission but as soon as i got passed this and started mastering the controls, i really enjoyed the story and gameplay. I'm not a die hard fan of the series, i've only played conviction before this. All i can say is it's really well done and polished. Some level are really challenging and can be frustrating but in the end, it's very addictive. Well done. Loved it. Expand
  17. Jan 4, 2014
    Game is sleek and looks pretty, but it felt shallow, barely an echo of the older Splinter Cell titles. If you want a single player experience similar to the first games in the series, don't buy Blacklist, cause this isn't it.

Developers clearly tried to make it do too much stuff including disparate features copied from other successful games. But those have little to do with Splinter
    Cell and they felt out of place here.

They were better off starting or buying another IP if they wanted to try that stuff and continue SC with its own tradition. Too bad, I was hungry for another SC.
  18. Jan 2, 2014
    Terrible control design, short storyline, almost impossible to get an actual match going in multiplayer, and it starts in windowed mode at basic graphics and plunges you right into a long cutscene where you cannot adjust graphics options... no seriously, pressing escape literally makes a pause icon pop up. Are you high, Ubisoft?

But by far the worst part of it is the absolutely
    depressing story line. Its literally an X Y Z progression through each level that doesn't change. You'll be Sam Fishering along and suddenly INCEPTION HORN! and some knife fight, "oh whats that?" you ask yourself "did I seriously just beat the game?" It's so mundane and predictable that Bruce Willis could do better in die hard 6.

Also no more Michael Ironside... I hope you're ready for that.
  19. Jan 2, 2014
    A truly terrible game, completely butchered. Uplay is a horrible piece of software, and it actually downloads the installer, rather than the installed game. I had about 10 minutes of fun little flashbacks to the last time I actually installed a game instead of just using Steam. After that was finished, guess what! Time to install patches! So now that Uplay has established itself as 100% useless in that it acts like neither an installer nor an updater... whatever. Let's just play the ga... oh. Enter my activation code? Okay..... "The activation code you entered is already registered to another account."

Good job Ubisoft, for once again screwing over the people that actually paid for your game. I wonder if the fact that I already purchased it gives me the right to get a working version through torrents?

If you must put DRM on your games, at least make it somewhat like Steam's. Never in the way, it just works. Sign in and play. None of this activation code nonsense, and just download the installed game. After I finish purchasing and downloading a game I expect to be able to play.
  20. Dec 29, 2013
    For me personally, I didn't have a single issue with running the game. It was top-notch stealth action and best in class. Loved every second of it, from the campaign to the return of Spies vs Mercs multiplayer.
  21. Dec 14, 2013
    This game is garbage. Coop is broken and Ubisoft doesn't care. Go die plz. If you're going to make us go through port forwarding and firewall nonsense, then you've broken the game and done something wrong. Thanks for being idiots as usual.
  22. Dec 9, 2013
    As a huge Splinter Cell fan, I wasn't the least bit disappointed. After multiple play-throughs of Chaos Theory/Conviction over the years, it took me awhile to get used to the new controls on SC:BL, but I actually ended up liking them quite a bit by the end. I did find it almost a little too easy to get all of my gear maxed out, especially since I "Ghost"ed through the entire game, but found it sufficiently, almost frustratingly challenging at points.

I thought the story was movie-quality and gave Grim more of a role than just a voice through a sub-dermal radio. Overall, the single-player was 100% satisfying. Obviously it would be nice to have more DLC, but hey, I'm pretty happy with how the game is as is.

Multiplayer was fun for a bit, but didn't really have much staying power for myself. Co-op missions were definitely worthwhile though, albeit a little limited in how many levels there were.

Can't say enough good things about this game, pick it up!
  23. Dec 3, 2013
    One of the best games of 2013. The choice of STEALTH vs ACTION is warmly welcome. Single player story is one of the strongest with tons of GADGETS and adds a great replay value. The 14 Co-op missions give different tastes. Spy vs Mercs is one of the best multiplayer modes in todays run-and-gun gameplay.Surely worth of your money.
  24. Nov 24, 2013
    Overall Blacklist is a worthy addition to the Splinter Cell series.

The game will definitely appeal to those that enjoyed the original trilogy (Splinter Cell, Pandora Tomorrow, and Chaos Theory) but found Double Agent and Conviction too different from the norm. The stealth gameplay is back in all its night vision, gadget toting glory with the key difference being much more open
    environments populated with plentiful enemies.

What holds Blacklist back from being a fantastic Splinter Cell game however can be attributed to five distinct elements...

1. Unfortunately Michael Ironside does not reprise his role as Sam Fisher, and despite the virtually unknown Eric Johnson's earnest attempt at it, Sam just doesn't feel the same. Ironside's voice work carried a unique grittiness and weight to it that spoke volumes to Sam's experiences, hardships, and no-nonsense attitude which Johnson just can't replicate. Johnson's Sam may have worked for a younger, more brash version of the character but it doesn't fly here.

2. *SPOILER* The main antagonist of the game, Majid Sadiq, has all the trappings of a great villain and is perfectly acted by Carlo Rota. Like some of the best spy thriller bad guys he comes off as intelligent and charismatic but also brutal and violently committed to his extreme global/political views. However by the end of the game we see this great character fall to pieces and turn into a whimpering moron, seemingly going against all characterization established in most of the game's story. If the writers believed that the audience would applaud this change as a form of comeuppance or resolution they were sadly wrong.

3. During the course of the game the player is given the option to pursue a number of side missions offered by the game's four supporting characters (Grim, Charlie, Briggs, and Kobin). Grim and Kobin's missions fit perfectly into the game with levels dedicated to being stealthy and carrying out snatch and grab missions and the like. Charlie's on the other hand feel terribly out of place due to them being standard "survive X waves of enemies" and Briggs' tasks are co-op ONLY missions. Out of the two of them I was most disappointed with Briggs' as restricting them to co-op feels a little strange for a singleplayer campaign and not completing them makes you feel like you're missing out on the whole experience. At the risk of sounding like an anti-social room troll, I personally have no interest in playing a game like Blacklist with another human being. In my experience there is nothing that breaks immersion and pace more than doing so.

4. In one of the final levels of the game you end up switching between Sam and Briggs for certain periods of time. For some ungodly reason the developers used this opportunity to completely change the gameplay and force you into a first person shooter version of Splinter Cell when you take control of Briggs. The controls feel clunky, the game clearly wants you to run and gun, and the result of this totally goes against the fact that in the story-line Sam has just come around to respecting Briggs and seeing him as an effective, dependable, and highly skilled agent.

5. While not entirely a negative aspect to the game (i.e. it doesn't necessarily harm the end product) I did find myself wondering: why does this game even exist? Whether you liked Conviction or not the fact remains that that game was a good ending point for Sam Fisher's story. Sure, it may have deviated pretty far from where it all started but the only ones clamoring for a Splinter Cell revival were the most rabid of fanboys who just couldn't let Conviction be the LAST of the series. Match this with the fact that the developer chose to not bring Michael Ironside back and you're left wondering why they even needed to make a new game.

Last but not least, I've seen a couple of user reviews on here giving the game 0s due to the fact that the game was a "crappy port", "terribly optimized", or just "didn't work". Don't get the wrong idea. Obviously there are issues on those users' end but its really not a universal issue with the PC version of the game. My PC is by no means a cutting edge gaming rig (GTX 660, 10 GB, and a horribly outdated 2.5 Ghz processor) but after shifting the game from DirectX 11 to 9 I could run it on nearly maxed settings and get fantastic visual fidelity with butter smooth performance to boost.
  25. Nov 23, 2013
    Have you ever played one of those 'stealth' games where as long as you don't stand directly in front of the enemy they can't see you.
    Well, Blacklist isn't one of those games. The AI is fantastic. And taking down multiple guys without getting spotted is quite thrilling.
    My main gripes with Conviction is that it seemed to be a corridor shooter with stealth elements added afterwards and
    the game seemed to want you to do anything but go stealthy. The latter has been addressed, but there are still quite a few moments where you'll be doing distinctly non-stealth related activities.
    Overall a very enjoyable game.
  26. Nov 18, 2013
    Run to this object and hide behind it, now run to the next shadow and hide. Now choose from either this shadow or that shadow to hide in. Ok, now Stop making Call of Duty, Mass Effect, hide and seek, ripoff games you jackasses. Those games are made for idiots who do not like challenges in anything. And the bar continues to be lowered...
  27. Nov 17, 2013
    This review is just for singleplayer. The game's plot and gameplay aren't perfect but aren't bad at the same time, they are just ordinary. It's really simple. the enemies are a bit stupid. It's worth playing, if you like such sort of games.
  28. Nov 16, 2013
    Being an old Chaos Theory junkie I must say Blacklist is a breath of fresh air for the franchise. Fisher is back where he needs to be, in the dark! Definitely a game worth playing, and has a replay value on different difficulties. Multi-player could use a tweak or two, but I enjoyed the entire Blacklist experience.
  29. Oct 27, 2013
    Somewhat good game but terrible PC optimization. The graphics are noticeably very good but I get poor framerates out of the blue especially during multiplayer. The story is very forgettable with undeveloped characters. This game brings back the flair of the original splinter cells but forgets most of it and goes back to conviction gameplay. I went non lethal for all the missions but felt robbed as Sam would always just kill in each of the cutscenes.

Controls are sometimes infuriating and can easily be the death of you. (I played this on realistic) Multiplayer can be fun for an easy 6 hours. Singleplayer seemed like an average time to beat, but then again I was playing on realistic w/ non lethal and died every 10 min.

High production values, low originality, and tries to appeal to a wide audience with its customization. But still unless your looking for this type of gameplay this will not be your cup of tea. Reason for the 6/10 is for all of the PC problems and it's major and minor flaws. This game appeals to many people, as much as it doesn't. Not high replay value wait for it to get cheaper. Good for 20-40 min a day as it comes in bursts.
  30. Oct 26, 2013
    I can't see what all the fuss is about for this game. The characters are unengaging, it's padded with tedious cut scenes, the graphics are so-so and the controls are awful and will result in regular death.

This is a like a 5 or 6 year old game, avoid.
  31. Oct 24, 2013
    If you enjoyed Conviction, you will enjoy this edition of splinter cell as well. Sam Fisher's movements are more refined and the environments present a few different ways of approaching a challenge. Character animations are nicely done as well. There are niggling AI issues where they can get stuck behind an object (just waiting to be killed), but broadly they can get pretty challenging. Be careful with the Heavy Soldiers. Expand
  32. Oct 19, 2013
    this game is good though i expected it to be better. the game really lets you feel like a spy, and you have a lot of cool gadgets. some levels are big which give you a lot of reason to come back and play them. the story is pretty good, though i preffered convictions story.characters are also pretty good. a really good thing is the talks with sara(his daughter) between missions. the stealth mechanics are solid, and you can hide bodies(which you couldnt with conviction.) the game also lets you choose how to play (most of the times) and gives you a lot of options and tools for every playstyle.
    the game does have some problems. first of all, the graphics arent good. theyre a bit below average. faces also look pretty bad.lip syncing is also an issue. the game also has some technical issues like prompts not appearing. the port for the pc feels clunky and unresponsive. also a problem is that sometimes the game forces you to a style of play, like assault style. this moments are annoying and bad, because the shooting mechanics arent good enough to support these moments. the multiplayer is ok, nothing more than that.
    overall a good game. i expected it to be better. its too bad that it technical shortcomings take it back.
  33. Oct 16, 2013
    Welp, I made an account just so I can write this review. Splinter Cell: Blacklist impressed me in a way I couldn't believe. The general consensus of the "positive" reviews seems to be that this is an ample mix between the fast paced action of conviction, and the strategy of its predecessors. If you are looking to play a game like chaos theory, go play chaos theory! Ubisoft cannot continue to release the same product over and over again. They chose to take the series in a different direction, and they have done a great job doing so. The story is intricate yet understandable, the gameplay is incredibly smooth, and the graphics look beautiful, unlike anything I've seen for a long time. If the game crashes for you, update your video driver... Worked for me on my gtx 670. Other than that, it's incredibly smooth and seemed very well optimized to me.

I've been a longtime fan of the splinter cell series. I've played every game, and enjoyed the hell out of them. Needless to say, when this came out, I had to buy it. I was not disappointed

TL;DR

Pros:
    Beautiful graphics
    Smooth Gameplay
    Driven storyline
    Tons of unique weapons/gadgets
    Coop

Meh:
    Multiplayer

Cons:
    Not the same game as Chaos Theory
    Ironside isn't the voice actor

Try it out!
  34. Oct 13, 2013
    the game is just too boring. I played it and after three missions I had enough. The missions are monotonous, the weapons are no good, the storyline is just too bogus and other like that. Good for kids, for adults.
  35. Oct 12, 2013
    Muy buen juego, la jugabilidad es excelente y sus gráficos también. Cabe destacar la historia, sus misiones eran muy entretenidas, la modificación de armas y estilo de asesinato estuvieron a un buen nivel de juego, sobre todo las dificultades y la forma de interactuar con los demás personajes, simplemente genial.
  36. Oct 11, 2013
    This game as far as PC is concerned is full of potential. Currently the game has no chance of escaping its port from console issues such as a jumpy cover system, terrible menu system and some large multiplayer faults. To highlight the current major downfall of multiplayer is the ability for opponents to quit at the point a win becomes very slim, and rather than awarding you victory the game will attempt to migrate the host; fail to do so and send you back to lobby giving you no experience or even a win. As for developer support the most recent change was making the hack/resupply key space-bar by default, so not very promising as far as issue priority. I want to sink more time into the game, but when me and my spy vs merc partner are about to land a win we have been disappointed on multiple occasions by the quitting to prevent a loss attitude. Simply changing this aspect for multiplayer would do the game massive good. If your buying this game for the mulitplayer, stay back until further notice. Expand
  37. Oct 8, 2013
    I was really hoping that this game would turn the direction this series started to head after the last two games back in the direction of greatness. What I got was a decent game that nowhere near lives up to the legacy of the first 3 games in the series. Alot of the talk has been about the change of the Voice Actor for Sam in this game. It wouldn't really bother so much if this new guy wasn't so much of a complete Everything he says is a jab at someone else or just a complete snarky comment. The old Sam was never like that and I definitely don't like it. Fortunately most everything else in the game is done very well. The story missions are very fun with alot of intrigue, even if they did go back to the old "one alarm and you lose the mission" crap the old games tried to throw at you. On the PC, you're forced to go through Ubisoft's Uplay service and, while it'll never be as good as Steam, it's got a few things going for it so it's definitely not bad. The issue is with alot of the bugs and technical problems. I have a system that is only a little over a year old and this game was buggy, never could run at a decent framerate no matter what I did, and just never could catch up to the action it felt like. I always had to play on the lowest framerate and I have never had to go below Ultra on any game with this system. Overall, I had a good experience with this game but it wasn't enough. Splinter Cell is one of the true Stealth games on the market today but it's disheartening that the developers have decided not to listen to their fans. Instead they have decided to make a game that could have been great had a few things been changed up. In the end, I definitely wouldn't recommend playing this on the PC. Opt for the console version if you really want to play this game. Expand
  38. Oct 6, 2013
    The best splinter cell after Chaos Theory. Don't trust people who says is too easy or something similar. Play it at the maximum difficulty and you will have the execution feature disabled, sonar goggles which doesn't pass through walls, more reactive enemies and you get one-shotted. Try to play it stealth, like a splinter cell must be played as.
    I also suggest you to avoid upgrading your
    base with the radar map and using the Tri-rotor drone, which results in a way to easy run.
    I agree with you that is way too easy if you play it in "assault mode", killing every enemy with a weapon and passing to the next one. It can be done like that, but you will not enjoy the core of the Splinter Cell saga. It's like playing GTA without killing people or steal cars (you can even play like that but it's not the way a GTA should be played)
    You surely can't complain about the ways missions can be played because you can do every move and options of the past games. In addition, maps offers an extremely variety of passages.
    The main plot follows the one of the saga, starting after Conviction. It's solid, the only complaint is that Sam's personal relationships aren't so much expanded
  39. Oct 6, 2013
    This is my first Splinter Cell game and for sure not the last one. I love it. There is so much stuff in this game... Campaign itself is long and big enough, but you have plenty of side missions you can play solo or in coop. Some very easy, some extremely hard even on normal difficulty. Animations, gameplay, locations, music and details level are very, very good. There is high replay value for each mission, cause you can play it in 3 different ways. Mastering your skills and weapons for sure many people will play it again to get better score. Coop missions are awesome, multiplayer is little hard for me due very quick dying, but can be that it will change when i get used to it, didn`t play MP much yet. Didn`t have too much problems with optimizing PC version. Sometimes i have sound issues but restart solves the problem and i had graphics problems, but these were caused by old drivers. After updating it everything works fine. Recommend this game to everyone Expand
  40. Oct 2, 2013
    Boring missions and annoying as well. The game claims you can go in Rambo style but you really can't since you get a dozen more enemies that just swarm you and kill you fast, really fast. You get a plane that serves as your base and you can upgrade it to get better stuff and some help during missions. Side missions are either defeat waves of enemies or sneak in and do stuff without being seen, quite a disappointment. There are no side stuff you can collect to find out more about your enemies or what's going on, just some computers you hack (hold a button) and get money. Boooooring!!!!! Expand
  41. Sep 29, 2013
    Bought the game. Started it up. Instantly greeted by a forced cutscene and mission. No time to configure options, nothing. Alright. Play through the 30 minute intro. That's fine, I didn't want to actually start playing a real game. Start up Spies vs. Mercs, which is primarily what I bought it for. Play first round as a Merc. Sensitivity is absolute garbage and feels sluggish no matter what. Spy must be better, right? Nope. Want to take cover? That's nice, as soon as you exit cover you're sprinting no matter what. And how do you stop sprinting? I don't know, not with the sprint key, that's for sure. Oh, and while sprinting, you automatically leap over obstacles and run up any walls you come across. "I'm just gonna walk up to this cover and... alright, just jump into the Merc's sight, that's cool." Every single action is bound to the same button as another action, so have fun trying to convince the game that you want stab people and not hack a terminal. The controls were obviously designed for a controller, not a keyboard and mouse, so just plug in a controller, right? Wrong: it'll read your controller for about 5 minutes, then decide it doesn't like it anymore. This game just angers me beyond belief.

CLEARLY DESIGNED FOR PEASANT BOXES.
  42. Sep 28, 2013
    This game is the second kick in the nuts from Ubisoft after SC:Conviction. It seemed like a half-decent game when I first heard about the Perfectionist difficulty. Now let me tell you why that was complete bull****.
    The whole game is just a big mess they tried to build an actual stealth system on this Conviction-esque engine. Well, it's a drunkard's decision to say the least (probably
    Maxime Belland at it again). It just doesn't feel natural at all like the past good Splinter Cell games Yes, even Double Agent feels better.
    The upgrade system seemed like a fun addition, but it's actually redundant. It's a pain in the ass that you have to buy something in order to get the next item on the list available. Also, why the hell does Sam have to buy "nanofiber vector-space quantum-silenator" pants and shoes to sneak up on someone, who WILL eventually just turn around, because the AI 'somehow' heard him coming up from behind?! How the hell did Sam manage to sneak up on guards in Conviction with cargo pants and hiking boots and they didn't even hear him at all?! I can only assume he's gotten so old, that he's got bad knees or some other idiotic reason. But it's hard to believe he's any older than 30 (55 in-game) when he looks like Commander Shepard from Mass Effect.
    The new voice actor is horrible too, he sounds like a depressed teenager. I don't know what the hell were they thinking when they didn't decide to have Michael Ironside as the voice actor again. Mocap seems like a sorry excuse, because it's something that anyone barely notices in comparison to just simple hand-made artificial animations...
    I dealt with everything up to the point where I decided to do a solo/coop mission. The one thing that cost me so many brain cells was the fact that there was no manual saving system. Every time I got caught in the mission, I had to be sent all the way back and do all the menial knock-outs and stealth passes again. I don't even know how it's supposed to be a "fun challenge" when it's just having to do the same trash over and over again. Finally, after wasting more than an hour on it, I get past it and then greeted by another two checkpoints... That means I spent a whole hour doing only one third of the whole mission. And that's where I pretty much snapped If I was about 20 or 30 years older, I probably would've smashed my screen and then proceeded to kill myself via overdose of anger management pills, downed with a bottle of Jack Daniels.
    I hate this game beyond redemption. It is just so bad: gameplay & controls almost identical to Conviction (which means it's bad), the characters and voice actors bland as hell, the sound and music could've been way better, the animations decent, but the fact that mocap meant no Michael Ironside it's horse****, the missions nothing but repetitive objectives, side-missions a ragefest for your brain, enemies agitating and some are overpowered, weapons & gadgets frequently ineffective (waste of all the money), upgrade system redundant, replay value barely any, because replaying it would be boring as hell, checkpoint system satisfactory for the story missions, but a kick in the head for solo/coop missions, graphics they look bad and obsolete (the menus look better than the actual game itself), and finally DLC it can kiss my hole, because I'm not giving away another single cent to Ubisoft after seeing how typically bad they messed up again. Hell, even Hitman: Absolution would be better worth called a Splinter Cell game (minus the gadgets) than this pile of camel vomit.
    Needless to say, the sooner Ubisoft bankrupts, the better off the world will be.
  43. Sep 26, 2013
    I'm new to Splinter Cell, I don't play much military style games. I have to say I'm very impressed. You'd think sneaking past enemies and waiting for the perfect moment to strike sounds boring but this game makes it so much fun! There is enough of a story for me to pay attention. Main character is pretty bad ass. Supporting characters could be better, the one that attempts comic relief is pretty annoying, they don't add much. Expand
  44. Sep 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great game, nice stealth and combat, nice gameplay, good repeatability. Story is good till the half of the game, but when we get close to the ending it's became every moment more bad, then we got the ending... a fast one that make me think they had hurry to finish the game. Also it seems that the real last ending will be a DLC... major letdown here.
    If the ending were better i would have given a 9.
  45. Sep 22, 2013
    Extremely disappointing. I love stealth games, but I simply can't believe that the enemies are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO STUPID and yet do crap-tons of damage. You can't outsmart them or lure them on higher difficulties; you simply have to avoid their pre-programmed walking paths. THIS IS NOT HOW A STEALTH GAME SHOULD BE!
  46. Sep 21, 2013
    after a conviction we cat a game where you can chose if you wont to play as conviction or chost non lethal or just assoult and this is fukking awsome whit easy gameplay you can mark and kill in motion this looks realy cool the story line is realy good nice charecters and solid voice acting you need to stop the blacklist with nice music and great stealh that is gone be a lot of fun the graphic on the other hand are a bit lame futher there is a nice custamasazation that gose realy deep and some nice side missions but the waves mode is realy stupid but futher a must own for sp fans and for stealth action fans Expand
  47. Sep 19, 2013
    Esta es una crítica SUBJETIVA tras haber finalizado el juego.

LO BUENO: los diversos gadgets de los que Sam tiene que hacer uso a lo largo del juego, el sistema de mejoras para el Paladín/equipo y ciertas situaciones que te hacen recordar buenos momentos de sus antecesores.

LO MALO: puede resultar fácil incluso en niveles avanzados de dificultad, quizá más corto que los anteriores.

No aporta gran cosa a la franquicia y seguramente hay otros mejores dentro de ella, pero eso no quiere decir que haya sido mal juego, al contrario, Splinter Cell: Blacklist ha sabido cumplir (como no hacía desde hace un tiempo) con un juego con el que te sientes estar en la piel de un agente secreto. Habiendo varios estilos de juego para acabar cada una de las misiones, toda acción será importante, pues el jugador será recompensado con puntos en función del método escogido para acabar las misma; dichos puntos podrán emplearse en mejoras para el avión (centro de operaciones) o el equipo. Además el jugador tendrá a su disposición misiones secundarias (tanto para uno como dos jugadores) con las que conseguir más puntos o simplemente pasar un buen rato (personalmente a mí no me han llamado tanto la atención pero pueden ser divertidas para los que quieran jugar en compañía). Eso es lo único nuevo que aportas el juego (las misiones y las mejoras).

En definitiva, Splinter Cell: Blacklist es un juego que te gustará tener (si no ahora, cuando se rebaje el precio) si te gusta la saga en general y que sin ser mejor que Chaos Theory o Pandora Tomorrow tampoco se queda muy por detrás.

*NO HE PROBADO EL MODO COOPERATIVO Y POR LO TANTO NO HABLO DE ÉL
    *LOS PROBLEMAS DE LA VERSIÓN DE PC EXPERIMENTADOS POR OTROS JUGADORES YO NO LOS HE TENIDO.
  48. Sep 18, 2013
    First of all I want to state that I have a pretty high end set-up, so none of the graphical glitches and slowdowns that others have reported effected me in my playthrough.

I found the games graphics to be absolutely stunning on the highest settings, in comparison to the console counterpart. I also played the entire campaign on perfectionist just to see how far I could push myself and I
    have to say I haven't had such a fun time in ages. With multiple routes through every level and some really tough scenarios I had a great time. I also think the equipment progression is a great incentive to do side-missions.

I had a great time with this title and I hope to help a few people if they're sitting on the fence. Action and stealth fans will find a home hear as both those things are something that SC:Blacklist does expertly.
  49. Sep 18, 2013
    If I look at the critic reviews it is obvious that they were either paid, or otherwise incapacitated. Just installing this game already made me hate it.
    First of all, I had to install UPlay which I really didn't want to I had to wait all day for the 19 gig download (that's fine thats normal) but then I had to actually install it "Oh wait let me download another 800meg of who knows
    what." Ok...fine...so now lets play this game "Oh wait! Let me download another 1gig or who knows what." Right...now I'm thoroughly annoyed and completely lost my desire to play.

I try again the next day I load up the game and instantly I am thrown into an intro video no menu or nothing but oddly enough it's in windowed mode...other than possibly Minecraft, why would a game EVER want to run in windowed mode?! So fine I watch the video cringing at the horrible Sam Fisher voice, crying slightly inside realizing that this marks the loss of what Splinter Cell used to be. Finally when the video is over I can go and change my settings to not be in windowed mode anymore and now I'm ready to play. Oh wait...why is my keyboard not working? I can't move...or look. I have zero control over Sam. I check my settings ok, for some reason all my move keys are unbound. I bind them, still nothing. I restart the game nope. At this point I'm just ticked off and I don't think I'll load up this game again.

As others have said this is a terrrrrrrible console port and I hate Ubisoft for destroying the one game franchise I actually really loved to play. I am willing to forgive their screw up with Chaos Theory not working on Windows 7 and their absolute lack of caring about it, but this? Sorry guys I may never buy a game from you again. But that's ok because I can tell I won't be missing out on much.

I wish companies would realize that PC gamers are not a thing of the past. When last I checked I think our numbers may actually be growing. Here is a tip create a beautiful game full with goodness, good game design, mechanics etc but create it with a PC in mind. THEN...take your knife and gut the heck out of it to fit on a console. This way PC gamers get your best, and console players won't notice a thing please do this instead of how everyone seems to be currently doing it which is the other way around creating the game as if the whole concept of it has been gutted, and then trying to slap some foundation on it to make it look pretty for the PC players.
  50. Sep 17, 2013
    i really can't understand why people are giving this game a bad score this is a great no i think this is the best splinter cell game ever people say it's like call of duty and so why it isn't like that at all unlike conviction there is no action in this game at all except for one mission one mission from over 25 missions is action you get amazing gadgets amazing graphics and outstanding atmosphere just play the game and then be honest and say you're opinion don't be a troller and support the developers Expand
  51. Sep 16, 2013
    The new gameplay is alright, but Chaos Theory was better. But that's not the reason for my low score... You cannot play this game (or any Ubisoft PC game for that matter). The ports are so terribly done and the team neglects to fix the huge amount of bugs in this game. Blacklist has more bugs than a rainforest. - Launching the game, you have to cross your fingers that it won't crash on launch. You have about a 7/10 chance.
    - The loading freezes when first logging on, so the loading time is delayed by 15 secs 1 minute (depending on your computer)
    - You get low FPS. Period. It doesn't matter what your setup is.
    - The online multiplayer is terribly designed. Not the gameplay (arguable), but the general online connectivity and matchmaking system. There is no logical matchmaking. It just throws people together regardless of experience.
    UPlay encourages you to add friends and invite them to your party to play with them. The crappy thing is, you can play with everyone on the internet, except people on your friends list.
    I don't know how Ubisoft could even make that glitch possible... But they did. And they won't fix it.

Ubisoft makes good games, but doesn't give a sh*t about its online community. This is what consoles have over PC.

Ubisoft, stop porting, or at least spend a little more time/attention to your online community and PC games. It's sad that this is consistent. They make PC games because people will buy it hoping for a product that WORKS. But it's just so the company makes money. Giving a half-a**ed product in return.
  52. Sep 14, 2013
    This is the first time I have played a Splinter Cell game having got it free through one of the NVIDIA codes. Having gotten the game free, I didn't bother doing anything with it until the last couple of days when I decided to give it a go, so I was fortunate enough to play for the first time post patches. Thus far I'm about five hours into the single player campaign, but I'm not sure if I'll go much further.

I see a lot of people on here claiming that the graphics are terrible, or conversely that the graphics are amazing. The majority of the professional reviews I had read prior to playing the game said that the graphics were merely passable, and I think that's the assessment I tend to agree with. Whether the underwhelming nature of the graphics is the result of a shabby console port I can't say, but either way I'm not bothered as the visuals aren't the be all and end all of a game.

However, I do have to add my voice to the list of other reviewers on here complaining about the controls, which are not at all good. I completely understand why people are saying it's due to a lazy port. I frequently found my key presses resulted in me doing something other than what I intended due to certain keys fulfilling multiple roles. I'm not saying the wrong thing happened with every press, but it happened often enough to have me yelling in frustration on more than one occasion. On top of that I also found a few times that my key presses did nothing at all, which was also incredibly frustrating. Even when everything was working as intended, I found the controls a little clunky.

Though the controls are my main gripe and the reason I probably won't play much more of the game, I have to agree that the plot and characters are also a bit flat and uninspiring, and it's far from difficult to pick holes.

I can't comment on the multiplayer game as I haven't tried it, but I wouldn't recommend the game as a single player from my own experiences thus far.
  53. Sep 13, 2013
    Great sequel for a great game. Clearly this game beats up its successor Splinter Cell Conviction. The graphics are very good. The game mechanics are advanced, well defined and amazing. The gameplay is good. The storyline is nice. That's all i have to say. Great game. Deservedly 10 out of 10.
  54. Sep 13, 2013
    I really want to like this game, I really do. But there are two jarring things that are repeatedly ruining the experience for me.

1. The controls more often than not do something that I don't want to do and things I don't care about doing. For instance, why do I care about opening a door 5 feet away and why can't I interrupt it? Or how come when I'm pressed against the wall, "pick up
    enemy gun" takes precedence over "pick up body"? I've had to restart from the last check point because for whatever reason, use decided to do the exact opposite I wanted it to do.

2. Ubisoft for the life of them can't create a working online infrastructure for which to play on. If having yet "another Steam" on top of Steam is bad, then it's the fact that I can't join my friend's game and vice versa. And I'm not alone on this issue. And when Ubisoft's solution to the problem includes "disable all starting programs", I've lost all faith they can even create a multiplayer infrastructure worth beans.

Other than that, the game's great.
  55. Sep 13, 2013
    I must admit I'm new to the franchise so I didn't expect much and yet the game managed to disappoint in almost every aspect. I don't know where to begin! The actual Installation process itself was a pain in the ass! You had to manually update all patches (which would be okay if the game wouldn't require Uplay) I mean where is the point in selling a game over a Downloadplattform when you still have to install everything manually?! The Game has so many issues that, even now after 2 major patches, it is barely playable. The game crashes frequently (especially when you run it in DX11), the graphics are way below average yet the game has random frameratedrops for no apparent reason. And the gameplay especially in coop is just horrible. The controlls are totally up 50% of the time you end up dying its because of the clunky and glitchy controls. There are so many bugs and glitches like: enemies moving without animation, entering an area after a cutscene and falling through the floor, enemies detecting you through the floor or walls, enemies killing you after a succesfull melee animation. You'll end up restarting most of your coop games due to some gamebreaking glitch. The multiplayer is horrid the skins and modells in mp look like a cheap sourcemod and the matchmaking is just broken. The game really has potential and could be fun if it wasn't for the cheap and rushed realisation. I can not recommend buying this game in the state it is in- and i doubt it'll be fixed anytime soon or at all for that matter.... Expand
  56. Sep 13, 2013
    Even thou pretty much everything what Ubisoft released since AC3 was really bad and crappy, SC Blacklist was indeed a good game, therefore i barely understand the lots of negative userscore on this one. Comparing SC Blacklist with SC Convicton the maps and gamemodes are way better now. Pretty much as Ubi did with every release since AC3 they kinda screwed the controls, they where better in SC Conviction, however the survival game modes are nice, pure stealth maps, and there is lots to play with it, if they release any good DLC s for it i ll get it. So afterall i am surprised that Ubi is still able to release good games, to be honest i didnt expect it anymore from Ubi. The 8 out of 10 is for the screwed controls, and for the still insane amount of bugs they have within the game. Also the Ubi rewards for that game are rather stupid then usefull. Expand
  57. Sep 13, 2013
    A fine return to form for Splinter Cell.
    I was super mad when Ironside got replaced as Sam Fisher, but I honestly quit caring about an hour into the game because the gameplay was so damn good (the story was enthralling as well). The story was well paced and kept me playing for hours at a time. The side missions are very entertaining as well (especially Kobin's missions where you have to
    eliminate whole swaths of enemies without being detected).
    I chose to play most missions either ghost or panther style which excluding a few setpiece moments is a very viable option. There are lots of nooks and crannies to explore (pipes to climb, vents to hide in, sewers to crawl through) as either style. Conviction was a fun game, but didn't have quite as much stealth as Splinter Cell fans wanted. This game does. The melee kills/knockouts are really fun (like always) and the new killing in motion concept was pretty damn cool.
    TLDR: It was polished, controls really well, told a great story, and scratches a stealth junkie's itch. Uplay is kind of and I had some troubles with it, but I turned it to offline mode and no problems since.
  58. Sep 12, 2013
    A great addition to the series and in my opinion probably the best one. The graphics are great, controls are solid, gameplay is fluid and challenging and the multiplayer (Coop and Versus) is a nice bonus to keep you playing after completing the awesome campaign. Ignore the "hurr hurr dis is a shooter, thes es nert splernter cerl" comments, the game NEVER forces you to play a certain way, all missions can be done YOUR way (lethal, non-lethal, avoid enemies completely, go all assault etc). Only thing that changed is that playing offensively is now a valid playstyle (playing stealthily will still award you a higher score). Also, for those who are concerned about the new voice actor for Sam: he does a great job (he fits Sam even better than Ironside in my opinion). Get over it and move on. This. Is. Splinter Cell. Expand
  59. Sep 12, 2013
    I purchased two copies so I could play coop with my wife. The multiplayer simply does not work. I can't even send an invite to join. I've done everything the forums say to do, and its just plain broken.

I'm not real surprised though. I've never purchased a single Uplay game that actually worked the first time. There is always something broken with the game because Uplay is such a
    piece of garbage. It completely ruins the experience.

I submitted a request to UBI for help on the issue two days ago. Nothing.
  60. Sep 12, 2013
    This game may be the best game in the year of 2013,and i think it is. I spent two whole night in a row trying to finish all 4E task in ghost and panther model of perfect .blacklist is really an excited game with too much fun ,not only difficulty.
  61. Sep 10, 2013
    Aside from few small glitches I haven't noticed anything that I would call a serious bug. That is in SP at least since I have't played multiplayer yet.

Now as for the game itself as a really big Splinter Cell fan I have to say that as far as content and presentation are concerned I dare say that this is perhaps the best Splinter Cell to date. Yes even better than Chaos Theory in some
    aspects. Its lengthy and the Perfectionist difficulty (the only true way for every Splinter Cell fan to play this game) is ruthless (sometimes even too much). There is a huge number of main and side missions which you can repeat as many times as you like in order to get specific play-style bonuses and achievements. What I like best about the game is Fisher himself. For the first time we get to see him in some very specific situations where he can't rely on his gizmos. Additionally I thought that the absence of Michael Ironside might prove to be a huge minus however I was surprised to see how well the new actor fits the role of a more natural Fisher. He is not that much expressive which is a downer sometimes but still Fisher's voice acting surprised me in a positive way. Don't know if I could go back to listening Ironside again :)

Now the bad part. The controls are ridiculously laggy with key bindings which will sometimes force players into despair. Especially on Perfectionist difficulty where its extremely important to react fast. It will happen all too often to wait for a guard to pass a door in order to knock him down but then watch something shocking happen when you press E like closing a door right in front of the guard or flipping a light switch on which just happened to be right next to the doors. There is also a problem with picking up knocked down enemies from the floor because in almost 95% of the situations when you press E above the body you will be picking up the enemy's weapon instead of his body. Then you have to press E again to get back your silenced weapon and hover over the body of the lying enemy just to find a spot where the game registers a body picking action. Sam also buffers too much control commands. I.e. you accidentally pressed E twice to close an open door Sam will refuse to ignore the second keypress and open the door after the first animation has finished. Then there are a tons of unpredictable and long animations which will make life harder on Perfectionist difficulty.

If it wasn't for the horrible controls I would rate the game 10/10 without ANY hesitation. Huge amount of quality content, lengthy and very challenging missions, excellent voice acting and a very good usage of Sam's character to progress the story (for the fist time since Splinter Cell exists I'd say). All the reasons to praise this game. An excellent return to the roots of what made Splinter Cell an excellent and very specific game. But the horrible experience with the controls has to be taken into account which is why I give this game a well deserved 9/10. For anyone who likes Splinter Cell buying this game is not a question of buying it or not just a question when to buy it
  62. Sep 9, 2013
    This game is a major hit in for the PC genre. Its even better than the Xbox 360. The gameplay and the game mechanics for the pc are amazing. The controls are well defined and easy to master.The levels are challenging. The graphics are obviously 2 times better than of Splinter Cell Conviction. This game beats its in most of the aspects of the game series.
  63. Sep 8, 2013
    Very disappointed by this game and I've lost faith in Ubisoft once again. Splinter Cell had one of the best systems for interactivity and now it's the worst. I've had instances where instead of knocking out a hostile, Sam would turn ON a light and then close the door. It's simply staggering how the fundamentals of this title are so disheveled and unorganized.

There was a time where
    there were features in Splinter Cell that made sense and now a lot of the game is completely illogical. The game is ridiculously simplified and even on the hardest difficulty setting, I found no problems beating the game. The cover system makes the game very easy and the execution mechanics are ridiculous! Absolutely outrageous!

This is NOT Splinter Cell. Just a terrible attempt at making Splinter Cell "modern" and to appeal to a wider audience. I do not recommend this game to anyone. Predictable story-line was not at all entertaining and neither was the very quick transition to First-Person shooter view for a full 5 minutes.
    The gun mechanics were terrible all round and felt completely unpolished. I feel embarrassed for Ubisoft and sincerely hope that this was the last Splinter Cell title.
  64. Sep 7, 2013
    I love this game, yes it is similar to conviction and all the SC fans hate that but it doesn't make it a bad game. I like the new 3 playstlye system and I do also like how easy it is to jump into but it has enough elements to learn to not make it stale. I would like to see like weekly levels that pop up in the SMI even if they are just rehashed levels with different enemy patterns or even make the "Gone Dark" missions playable not just a minigame.

The multiplayer is fun but not much more. At this point it does seem to have some balancing issues and doesn't have the same feel as the old one. If you buy the game you may aswell play a couple hours but you most probably wont be playing it for hours.

Overall I love this game so much so I have just started my second playthrough just days after my first. I have yet to play the CO-OP but I have a feeling it will be great.
  65. Sep 7, 2013
    A mix of Splinter Cell Conviction and Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, the most genius mix ever, it's got the awesomeness from Chaos Theory and the smooth gameplay mechanics from Conviction. And the things people say about bad optimization is not true, I run it above 60fps 100% of the time at 1920x1080 and at medium settings with a decent PC.
  66. Sep 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The multiplayer is an incredible disappointment and Uplay should just cease to exist at all, especially for a game purchased on Steam. Ubisoft makes good attempts at stealth multiplayer that are all ruined by this Uplay. Prop Hunt has more intelligent steath gameplay than this garbage. Spoilers: Alex will never have me. Expand
  67. Sep 5, 2013
    Here's Ubisoft's vision. If the game is broken (Conviction) and loses more fan base than it gains, make a 2nd one that is the same exact thing but bring back multiplayer to win-back our lost fans. Granted, I am very happy that they brought back Spies vs. Mercs again. But the Single Player (Which I used to enjoy) was short, felt like a 3rd Person Shooter, and I didn't feel those tense moments of getting discovered as I did earlier in the series. Please don't try again. Expand
  68. Sep 4, 2013
    Let me first state that I came into this thinking that Ubisoft finally balanced out the came from that pure garbage of a game known as Conviction (which, was really just nothing more than a third-person shooter with some stealth elements). The sort of did. They did allow for multiple options, and routes, to get around enemies and eliminated much of the linearity of Conviction and allowed for actual stealthy game-play to come back (and let's face it, the only "stealthy" parts of Conviction was the Deniable Ops mode). The game-play, to me puts this at a higher level than the previous game.

Which would be great, if not for two things. Number one. The game is WAY too short, and it makes ZERO sense. I don't know why they've decided to allow Sam to still be apart of the series in this sort of a fashion. I might allow a prequel game, but this is a continuation off of Conviction...And Sam is 56 years old in this game. In fact, not also is he 56 years-old, he looks like he's in his 30's and can do gymnastics and parkour like he was in his late-teens! Really Ubisoft? And what about a possible replacement? I'm pretty damn sure that seeing a geriatric Sam Fisher, in his 70's doing the same kinds of craziness, would be hilarious, but why not just make him to the point where he's: a) too old to do the job and turns into an Irving Lambert role, or b) have him already in an Irving Lambert role and have one, or two, new characters take the role. Heck, it could have it that Archer and Kestrel be the replacements (cause, I don't know, that might bring CONTINUITY to the series). Heck, it could even make the game LONGER. Because, after the missions are over (12 side missions that you can do in solo mode that feels more like a chore than something that adds to the game) you're going to feel a little underwhelmed. Like "that's it?" kind of underwhelmed. Not good unless Ubisoft is going to try to nickle-and-dime us for more glorious DLC (correction..."ULC", yay!).

The second is uPlay (or what I like to call uCrap). I had bought the game from Steam and everything seemed to be cool with it...For one day. The next day, guess what happened when I tried to log-on? I CONTINUOUSLY got kicked back with uCrap telling me that my password/username doesn't match! Here's the fun part, after messing around with uCrap for the better part of an hour (re-inputting my username/password) I could not play my damned game! I tried to get my password reset, but I guess the website has a thing for cookies as it kept telling me to allow cookies for the site! Here's the funny part...BOTH browsers I have allows cookies! This is my main complaint, that if Ubisoft wants to run this crappy, intrusive, always having to log-on before playing DRM crap, AT LEAST have a working program! To add on to this (and I am in no way promoting this), but I had to get a crack just so I could play a game that I paid $55 for. Let me reiterate...The crappy, P.O.S. DRM "service", that never worked right, that is buggy, that stopped me from playing a game that I spent hard-earned money on had caused me to not only re-download a whopping 18GB game, but also forced me to have to get a crack so that I could circumvent the RE-F***ING-DICULOUS, always have to log-on, never-working, uCrap DRM service. For f***'s-sake, Ubisoft, if you want DRM always on, great, there are A MULTITUDE of options: work with a 3rd party, have the game synced up with the MAC/IP address of the computer, or HELL, DON'T HAVE IT. But no, you have put in place a DRM so sh*tty that it causes people to find non-legal routes just to play their damned game! Thanks a lot Ubisoft.

It gets a 3 because of the uCrap issues. If it worked great, I would be more inclined to give it a 7 as the game-play is genuinely fun, although the story makes no sense, it's too short, and plays on every ridiculous stereotype known to man (which I skipped through most of), I actually liked it (it balanced and actually rewarded stealth game-play). But they need to find a way to replace Sam (and NOT have it so that he looked to have downed the Fountain of Youth) and they should've done this yesterday.
  69. Sep 4, 2013
    the best stealth game of the last 5 years and defiantly one of the best games of the years. splinter cell continues to be one of the best gaming experiences out there.
  70. Sep 4, 2013
    Update crashed this game and disbalance on multiplayer. I want to play this on multiplayer and I played this. VS 50 lvls guys on TRAINING MODE, training mode for beginners, not for 50 lvl guys!
  71. Sep 4, 2013
    Three hours in, and I found the most satisfying feature to be the 'quit to desktop' menu option. Gameplay centers around lining up on hotspots. When done precisely enough, one or more of the available action buttons are shown onscreen. Thus allowing a predefined action to be executed. Taking cover, climbing... are only allowed at the behest of this system. The other half is shooting things. But enemies will spot you within seconds, even when facing away. Some of these limitations might be alleviated through the upgrade system. But it is a serious grind getting there. Expand
  72. Sep 3, 2013
    Expected the comeback of the old (and good SC). Very disapointed.

The voice acting in SP is average at best. In SP the cover system is very unbalanced, if you are crouched in a dark area the enemy will spot you right away, however if you are using the cover system you go totally undetected. If you try to sneak by the parkour path is really obvious and very linear. The night vision is
    almost useless and there is no thermal. Whatever difficulty level you play, enemies are equally dumb and the only variable factor i show much healt you have which does come back after a few seconds, call of duty style)

The multiplayer is a major disappointment, as I was expecting the old classic SPY vs MERC game mode to include at least a few old SC2 maps and the older game mechanics. Albeit the "Classic" name, it has nothing in common. The equipment the player have at his disposal is utterly limited compared to Pandora tomorrow. No special visors in merc side, spy have no thermal vision, just a lame Black and white NVG. The spies objective is to hack a terminal, while doing so they have to stay in the surround of the terminal to keep the up-link active, but since the map are so small its super easy to find the spies while they hack and to kill them.

The way the control are setted up is annoying, they dont use enought bindings and having multiples actions on singles buttons gets confusing. There is also no way to adjust your moving speed. You are either walking super fast (in such a noisy manner that would get you noticed in .1 sec in any older game) or sprinting

Non-gameplay related, they game is very bugged, dropping bodies in certain places will have them do the bacon on the floor( with associated loud noise that goes unoticed by the enemy). Many crashes to desktop, and the FOV isnt well suited for multiple monitors gaming. Sometimes NPC textures have "holes" that allow you to see thru them
  73. Sep 3, 2013
    Why you should buy it:
    -Fantastic graphics
    -Dynamic physics engine
    -Combat doesn't get boring (lot's of choices/takedowns/weapons)
    -Plot makes you feel gung-ho

Why you shouldn't buy it:
    -Storyline is like a C level action flick
    -Multiplayer is static, boring, and Co-op is worthless w/o a SOLID teammate
    -The price (unless you buy a Nvidia promo code off of someone)
  74. Sep 3, 2013
    This game is no better than Conviction, perhaps even worse. I don't play Splinter Cell to pretend I'm playing Call of Duty, but that is exactly what this game feels like. With Juggernauts, Shielded Juggernauts, Spybot controllers, dogs and countless other absurdities taken from the least creative methods of applying difficulty, this game is hugely disappointing.

This game feels like a
    re-skinned Assassin's Creed but far less immersive. Expand
  75. Sep 3, 2013
    Certainly the game is better than its previous version.
    Like the most the possibility of passing the mission in quiet mode and in different ways......
  76. Sep 3, 2013
    Many hardcore Splinter cell fans would not have liked Conviction because it favored more combat style play than stealth. Even though Blacklist still has some main features of conviction, it has brought back the classic stealth options which made chaos theory one of the best stealth games ever, along with some new gadgets, scoring style which are good. You can play whichever way you want to, you can kill everyone (assault style), you can stealthily dispose enemies(panther style) or you can complete the whole game without killing even one person(ghost style), which obviously, will be the toughest. You will be rewarded for any style of play you choose. The game also has some good improvements to its predecessors in gameplay, number of levels(Conviction was incredibly short).You'll be able to complete the whole game in about 16 hours which is much better than conviction which was just about 6 hrs.

The main issue in blacklist is the graphics which are poor compared to the current benchmark of graphics for games, and the voice acting.

Overall the game is very good, and hardcore splinter cell fans along with new gamers will enjoy this game. The Spies Vs Mercs multiplayer is back and it is absolute fun.
  77. Sep 3, 2013
    here goes. I could go on how ive played nearly every sc, I wont. from the first couple levels of blacklist I felt already the game was different, controls were snappier, a.i. was more aggressive and deadlier than splinter cell conviction but the overall game didnt feel as polished up. the storyline was a bore, but I wouldnt know too much because I primarily skipped around every cutscene, its great they allow this feature because this is a LONG game with LONG cutscenes...I can say for certain I felt pretty uncomfortable with the interrogation scenes as they are pretty brutal compared to previous splinter cell games...the game itself forces you to make some pretty bad decisions like putting a bullet to someones head while watching the person get shot multiple times or impaling a person with a spike until he stops suffocating and dies...brutal, am not sure why they included this in the game you always have the passive decision of letting them live but then you feel as though they got away. they should have figured out a medium in the cutscenes for dealing with the criminal, instead sam fisher seems like the terrorist, he always seems pissed off and short attention spanned unlike the previous actor michael ironside he approached things with more control and intelligence. which reminds me...the acting was terrible and the rehashed sam fisher sounds so unoriginal and cliche...to bad.

as for the game itself. the cat and mouse gameplay was great, there were some challenging levels where you had to think twice on how to approach a level. lots of replay ability in this game i could tell.

could not play multiplayer because i had downloaded the pirate version. but am thinking of buying the game for replaying the levels and multiplayer itself.

there are a ton of gadgets and gizmos not to mention arsenal of weapons like sc3000 returning, different ways to customize them with acogs to redots. the guns seem pretty balanced and well thought out. as well as customize sam's suit, goggles,
  78. Sep 2, 2013
    It's a decent game. The story is decent, but the gameplay is to short. The graphics aren't that good. There are annoying bugs while shooting near objects. At the moment the game isn't worth the price.
  79. Sep 1, 2013
    Single player:
    Solid story, good graphics. The missions are mostly fun and there is a lot variation between the stages.
    Coop:
    I played the missions with my brother on realistic using team speak. We had a lot of fun even though we died a lot at first.
    Multi player: This is the most fun I've had with playing competitive matches in a long time. At first, there are a lot of gadgets and
    weapons to unlock. Unfortunately, it doesn't take too long to unlock almost everything because the amount of money given after each mission (SP, Coop and MP) is too high.
    The matches per se are thrilling and fun.
    A few negative aspects though: Firstly, the game is full of little glitches. They don't really bother me and should be fixed pretty soon. Secondly, we encountered a lot of disconnects and crashes during the Spies vs Mercs matches. This on the other hand was annoying and frustrating.
    All in all I can only recommend this game since it is in my eyes a great package of solo, coop and multiplayer game.
  80. Sep 1, 2013
    This is not splinter cell. This is a typical example of how devs are making their games accessible "to a wider audience", in other words dumbing it down so much stupid 10 year olds can play it and think they are good. Not challenging, pathetically easy and disgrace to the rest of the series (excluding conviction, that was too).

If this didn't say Splinter Cell on the cover I might
    think of giving it a 4 or 5, but unfortunately it does, which hurts me, as well as the original SC fan base. Do not buy. Expand
  81. Sep 1, 2013
    Best Splinter Cell when it comes to gameplay, it adds up all the good from previous games and gives almost unlimited options to play it as a ghost. (Assault is lulz)
    Plot is not bad BUT it does bother me a little that Fisher is getting younger since Chaos Theory, new voice actor does good job though.
    Level design is good, giving you multiple options to go trough and lets you use your
    imagination, something you dont see very much these days. Enemies are basic stuff nothing very much new here, expect i like how sometimes they will start looking for their friend if you knock him out. Though game adds one of the most annoying enemy yet, those damn dogs!
    Grapichs serves this game well and there is not much to say about that.
    Overall best Splinter Cell by gameplay but still Chaos Theory stays best Splinter Cell of all time, atmosphere does not get there like in old days.
  82. Aug 31, 2013
    What a good game! Lol, I'm just kidding. Another franchise lost forever to the Call of Duty audience. I quit playing when the game BECAME A FIRST PERSON SHOOTER. Why did they do this to such a good franchise? your gay Ubisoft, just make a new IP if you want to make a bad Call of Duty clone, don't shoehorn it into a once strong franchise.
  83. Aug 31, 2013
    How is this game compared to the 5 previous installments? Sub-par compared to the first 3 games, less buggy but have more crash than double agent, same stupid cover-based stealth as conviction but this time you can at least drag bodies, and have some hi-tech fancy cheating stuff.

The good old-day noise and shadow based stealth is still missing. Player is granted serious cheating
    equipment like enemy detecting radar, player-controlled small plane, and super sonar vision, etc.

Sam Fisher is no longer Sam Fisher, he becomes a super US-hero like spider-man with good agility to switch between cover, and have strong gun power for assault purpose. Using hi-tech knock-out equipments to clear a dangerous room while hiding in a safe place will be very rewarding in terms of points, even better than if you sneak like a ghost agent.

So, this game is in fact a third person shooter with some basic stealth element. Even the last mission reminds me the last scene of Call of Duty MW.

If you are casual players, you may like this game if you don't suffer from the serious technical issues like the others mentioned. However, if you want to have a professional stealth game like the first 3 games of splinter cell, you will be disappointed.

On the other hand, the control is quite crappy just like a straight console port, and you may also suffer some performance issues like the others mentioned.

I will give this game a 5, if there is no such serious game crash, random fps drop, and the stupid control which often cause Sam to perform unintended action.
  84. Aug 31, 2013
    SNAFU. Well, I really wanted to like this new Splinter Cell game. I've played them all and let me tell you folks this is the absolute WORST when it comes to graphical optimizations, and especially, crashes. Some graphics settings require restart of the game, but when you restarted, you discover everything has been defaulted to "Low". The game just won't start until you edit one .ini file from "My Documents". Graphics glitches appear after altering the settings from the default "low" ones. random crashes to desktop are something of a usual matter.
    Gameplay? not much to say after ragequitting because of the graphics. All in all seems like the typical mediocre action shooter with terrorists. I never liked this whole plot-line "we are USA, the absolute power, we see them terrorists everywhere and we kill them", but at least the first 3 games were good stealth games. The other 2 looked good and were acceptable. But this one? In one word GARBAGE.
    Seriously guys, wait for a cut to 25% of the release price, maybe one year or so, also for some 3-4 graphics patches to come out.
  85. Aug 31, 2013
    It was a good story, side missions were good, only the future waves of enemies did not like. The interrogation was lacking, but at least they were making.
  86. Aug 31, 2013
    I honestly don't understand "fanboys" who say that this is Conviction 2.0. Set your difficulty to at least realistic and bricks. That's what you should do if you're real fan of original SC. Yes, it does have some points from Conviction, but in it's core it is definitely old Splinter Cell. Like IGN said, it's the best in series since Chaos Theory. I really liked Conviction, it was a breath of fresh air, and keeping a little bit of it in Blacklist was certainly a good idea.
    P.S. Still whining about Uplay? Meh.
  87. Aug 30, 2013
    I'm really sorry but I cannot recommend this game at all because, once again, Ubisoft has ripped us off with their online servers and connections.

I have been trying to play with a friend for several days, and all we get is disconnections and "unable to connect to the lobby" messages.

Splinter Cell Chaos Theory had the same problem, and so did Conviction, and it seems that they just
    don't care about programming some decent multiplayer network, because in Blacklist it will fail and fail once and again.

If you want this game to play SpiesVSMercs or Coop Missions with a friend... DO NOT buy it! You will be wasting your money. Servers work really really bad, and all Ubisoft does to fix it is to tell you to forward your ports, deactivate your firewall, and some other stuff which do nothing to fix the situation, because they just won't accept that it's a problem on THEIR end.

If I have 15 online games in my computer, and all of them work perfectly online but Blacklist, I'd say it's pretty easy to guess which one has some problems that their developer needs to fix.

DO NOT get ripped off by Ubisoft.
  88. Aug 30, 2013
    Just like Conviction this game is incorrectly sold as a stealth game when in reality it is nothing but a cover-to-cover action shooter. Like Conviction, it has optional stealth segments here and there but it is by far the most inferior way of completing your missions and is basically a handicap unlike the Splinter Cell games of old where stealth was your best ally. The 2 comes from the fact that it looks decent and it runs okay after the patch but I couldn't stand the game for very long due to the above issue and because personally (as a non-American) I found the overly-patriotic "God bless 'Murrica" story to be vomit-inducing. I'll pass, thanks. Expand
  89. Aug 30, 2013
    Amazing game! Splinter Cell is back to the way it was, with a little bit of action. The good old ops suit is back, and the gadgets couldn't be any better. Sneaking without touching hostiles is back. Even distracting hostiles too many times might not count as a Ghost. The only thing I hated about the gameplay was the footsteps doesn't make too much noise, making you run most of the time. The story is great and the villain (Sadiq) did an amazing job. What I hated though is how they ruined every character in the game. Grim, Sam, Vic, and even Kobin. Their faces have changed, their voices have changed expect for Vic and Kobin. Bringing new characters would've been better than ruining the ones we loved. What I hated the most is Sam's new voice actor. He's not bad. He's not bad at all as a matter of fact. If he was the new main character I would've been thrilled. But for Sam, horrible. Sam looks old but sounds young. Talking to his grown daughter is even more confusing. Ruined one of the best characters I loved in games. But the gameplay is just incredible. Specially the multiplayer. Overall, this game is amazing and a must buy for people who love stealth in general. Expand
  90. Aug 29, 2013
    Main plot is a little bit boring, dont know about multiplayer. The gameplay is extremely fun, textures sometimes blurry. Framerate is 40+ with a HD6850 at 1920x1080 FFAO, everything high, without AA/AF. Subtitles are often mistimed, hungarian subtitle is garbage, english is of course good. It has replay value. Coop main story is missing.
  91. Aug 28, 2013
    Splinter Cell: Blacklist are somewhere between the old Splinter Cell and the Splinter Cell: Conviction. But this game takes you by the hand through the entire game. The standard two ways (illusion of choice). Enemies who have the same behavior at every load. And in some places shooting is necessary. There are flaws in the gameplay. The script in the second half crumpled.
  92. Aug 28, 2013
    Why the bad reviews? PC gamers should be happy to get very nicely ported game with great graphics for once. The PC version of this game was clearly given some thought and effort. The Keyboard and mouse controls work great and I think are even better than the console controls. (I have a XBOX360 gamepad) No, this is not the pure stealth that was in the first couple splinter cells, but at least this time stealth is very viable and more importantly FUN!! Playing the ghost style is what splinter cell purists will want to do, but panther is also very fun, the executions are great! The gadgets are better than ever, the level design is great, with multiple paths to attack each objective. The enemies are varied, causing you to mix it up when a heavy infantry or guard dog gets in your way. This is the BEST Splinter Cell since chaos theory and if you don't think so, you're just being an elitist in my opinion. The robust upgrade system and multiplayer modes are also great and add a lot of replay value to this game. No, this isn't best stealth action game ever, that is reserved for metal gear solid 4, but it is the best one SINCE!!! Expand
  93. Aug 28, 2013
    Finally, a Splinter Cell game that satiates the desires of fans that love the "stealth" legacy that is apart of this game. The campaign is amazing, and there are so many avenues to complete a mission; plus, the enemies never take the same path twice, so it makes replaying a mission purposefully or by accident, much more enjoyable. Overall the co-op modes, ranking system, and just plain entertainment value of this mandates that I give it a 10!

Fans of Splinter Cell games will love this!
  94. Aug 27, 2013
    I understand how the games are made these days, but still, I can't stand it. The biggest Blacklist's problem is the same as in the Hitman: Absolution. It's not a series-belonging game anymore. Almost all things that you've loved are now gone, and I think, it's forever. It's a good game, though, but let's divide the pros and cons:
    ||||||||||||||||||||||
    Pros:
    1) The game tries to please
    old fans. Starting with the same sonic emitter clicking sounds as in the SCCT, to the overall sense of "being a ghost agent".
    2) The plot is kinda silly, but come on, it always've been silly and cutscenes are nice and that Normandy-like airplane with command center on board is doing it's purpose good, making the game more atmospheric.
    3) Missions! Good old badass stealth suit spec ops are definetly better than that... Jason Bourne thing that was in Conviction instead of SC-like missions.
    4) Gadgets are sweet!
    ||||||||||||||||||||||
    Cons:
    1) PC controls sucks balls HARD.
    2) Sam is not Sam. I mean' seriously, that guy is the other guy.
    3) Levels are too linear and scripted.
    4) Suit upgrading system sucks balls.
    5) Plane upgrades are cheat! I don't want to use the radar and other cheating stuff, but game is forcing me to do it!
    6) OPSAT is not OPSAT anymore. It sucks balls.
    7) Gimme back old goggles! I want the thermal night EM modes back in one device,
    8) Gimme back old noise shadow levels!
    ||||||||||||||||||||||
    Way better than the Conviction but still, it can not be compared to, for example, brilliant Chaos Theory. Even to Double Agent. Dear developers. Please. Stop thinking that the gamers are dumb. Take a look at indie industry and start making the games way it was back in mid-00's.
  95. Aug 27, 2013
    Brilliant gameplay, awesome controls (screw haters, blame yourselves for being BAD), ok graphics. Didn't like the new voice of Sam but I'm still gonna give it a 10 because of morons giving it a ZERO (really? zero? go kill yourselves)
  96. Aug 27, 2013
    Essentially, this game combines poorly executed elements of Assassin's Creed and Mass Effect. Cover-based shooting, poor AI, boring and predictable action sequences/cutscenes, and the loss of Michael Ironside make Blacklist the worst Splinter Cell yet, narrowly beating out Conviction.

Very disappointing. If you were a fan of the first three Splinter Cell games you may be yet again
    sorely disappointed in the lack of ingenuity and creativity put forth in this title. The game has regressed into yet another cover-based shooter, extremely linear in its level design and limited in its replayability. Certain reviewers have claimed that the developers were intent on bringing the series closer to its roots in stealth gameplay, however I found no evidence of that in this title. Things like horde mode, a weapon/gear unlock system, "heavy" enemies, and laughable plot devices bring the game closer to what we've come to expect from AAA console titles. You will notice that in this game, the Fisher character we once knew has morphed into Captain Shephard from Mass Effect, with his own personal spaceship that flies around from mission to mission to kill the ancient aliens known as the "Engineers." Once on the ground, Fisher again morphs into a superfast Enzio-esque monkey who is only capable of running or sprinting, and knows no concept of the word "sneak" (on the PC version at least he may be able to walk slower using a thumbstick on console).

Still, I can see the appeal for some people who just want a very easy, on-rails cover-based shooter that basically plays itself for you, not to mention the beautiful graphics. It's just a shame that Splinter Cell has gone down that path, because games that actually make you think and plan ahead a la SC: Chaos Theory are incredibly rare these days.
  97. Aug 27, 2013
    Splinter of Duty: Blacklist is about as entertaining as smashing your face against a keyboard repeatedly. Incidentally, that's the best way to play Blacklist.
  98. Aug 27, 2013
    Ubisoft really killed it this time. Conviction was the end; it wasn’t the best but definitely better. Putting aside that the controls of this game on a PC is just outrageous, you run around triggering movements that should only be a controller perk, causing laughable death exposing yourself to the enemy. This is going to the worst PC game of the decade in terms of console port issues. The graphics is nothing new anymore for this age, it just looks as it should, no wows or any better. Missions are very fragilely crafted, as if Ubisoft tries to focus on both coop and single player at the same time and fails at both. The “mother ship” or “base” concept in a shooter is not new anymore, Mass Effect was epic; Blacklist is abysmal. Besides, it is not even a good one. Is Ubisoft trying to cram 20 games into one? This is a really good question. These people need to stop having whiteboard meetings using dumbed down theoretical groupthink and feel like achieving. What happened to genuine creativity? I feel cheated of $50 playing this game for real. How much worse can it be? Expand
  99. Aug 27, 2013
    Splinter Cell Blacklist is one of the most visually stunning games to date with great gameplay this game goes hand in hand. However while the story is defiantly an improvement, we think the ending on the other hand could have been handled better as we felt it was just cut off.
  100. Aug 27, 2013
    Enjoted blacklist very much! Levels design are so awesome, its on same level as deus ex for me. Perfect stealth gameplay. The music and sound are very good. Sam really look cool, like true commander, all hes moves and stuf like that make him looks as real soldier. When playing this game its similar to watch some really nice military movie. Game looks very good on ultra, but no 16:10 support?
  101. Sep 3, 2013
    Expected the comeback of the old (and good SC). Very disapointed.

1. Jan 22, 2014
    With Conviction, the Splinter Cell series seemed to be veering off course, but Blacklist thankfully grabs the wheel and gets it back on track.
  2. Dec 12, 2013
    Splinter Cell Blacklist is one of the better entries in the long lived spy-saga. It offers great gameplay choices and sneaking is heavily rewarded. On top of that the multiplayer is also confidently crafted. The one thing lacking is the banal story with flat characterization that hinders Splinter Cell Blacklist from reaching any narrative high points.
  3. Sep 25, 2013
    Though it lacks the subdued intelligence of Chaos Theory, there's still some cracking good sneaking to be had. [Oct 2013, p.92]