7.4

1. Aug 20, 2013
    If you liked any of the previous splinter cells you will enjoy this game, the voice change takes some getting used to but its a splinter cell with the stealth element back!
  2. Sep 10, 2013
    Aside from few small glitches I haven't noticed anything that I would call a serious bug. That is in SP at least since I have't played multiplayer yet.

Now as for the game itself as a really big Splinter Cell fan I have to say that as far as content and presentation are concerned I dare say that this is perhaps the best Splinter Cell to date. Yes even better than Chaos Theory in some aspects. Its lengthy and the Perfectionist difficulty (the only true way for every Splinter Cell fan to play this game) is ruthless (sometimes even too much). There is a huge number of main and side missions which you can repeat as many times as you like in order to get specific play-style bonuses and achievements. What I like best about the game is Fisher himself. For the first time we get to see him in some very specific situations where he can't rely on his gizmos. Additionally I thought that the absence of Michael Ironside might prove to be a huge minus however I was surprised to see how well the new actor fits the role of a more natural Fisher. He is not that much expressive which is a downer sometimes but still Fisher's voice acting surprised me in a positive way. Don't know if I could go back to listening Ironside again :)

Now the bad part. The controls are ridiculously laggy with key bindings which will sometimes force players into despair. Especially on Perfectionist difficulty where its extremely important to react fast. It will happen all too often to wait for a guard to pass a door in order to knock him down but then watch something shocking happen when you press E like closing a door right in front of the guard or flipping a light switch on which just happened to be right next to the doors. There is also a problem with picking up knocked down enemies from the floor because in almost 95% of the situations when you press E above the body you will be picking up the enemy's weapon instead of his body. Then you have to press E again to get back your silenced weapon and hover over the body of the lying enemy just to find a spot where the game registers a body picking action. Sam also buffers too much control commands. I.e. you accidentally pressed E twice to close an open door Sam will refuse to ignore the second keypress and open the door after the first animation has finished. Then there are a tons of unpredictable and long animations which will make life harder on Perfectionist difficulty.

If it wasn't for the horrible controls I would rate the game 10/10 without ANY hesitation. Huge amount of quality content, lengthy and very challenging missions, excellent voice acting and a very good usage of Sam's character to progress the story (for the fist time since Splinter Cell exists I'd say). All the reasons to praise this game. An excellent return to the roots of what made Splinter Cell an excellent and very specific game. But the horrible experience with the controls has to be taken into account which is why I give this game a well deserved 9/10. For anyone who likes Splinter Cell buying this game is not a question of buying it or not just a question when to buy it
  3. Sep 7, 2013
    A mix of Splinter Cell Conviction and Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, the most genius mix ever, it's got the awesomeness from Chaos Theory and the smooth gameplay mechanics from Conviction. And the things people say about bad optimization is not true, I run it above 60fps 100% of the time at 1920x1080 and at medium settings with a decent PC.
  4. Sep 18, 2013
    First of all I want to state that I have a pretty high end set-up, so none of the graphical glitches and slowdowns that others have reported effected me in my playthrough.

I found the games graphics to be absolutely stunning on the highest settings, in comparison to the console counterpart. I also played the entire campaign on perfectionist just to see how far I could push myself and I have to say I haven't had such a fun time in ages. With multiple routes through every level and some really tough scenarios I had a great time. I also think the equipment progression is a great incentive to do side-missions.

I had a great time with this title and I hope to help a few people if they're sitting on the fence. Action and stealth fans will find a home hear as both those things are something that SC:Blacklist does expertly.
  5. Sep 12, 2013
    This game may be the best game in the year of 2013,and i think it is. I spent two whole night in a row trying to finish all 4E task in ghost and panther model of perfect .blacklist is really an excited game with too much fun ,not only difficulty.
  6. Dec 29, 2013
    For me personally, I didn't have a single issue with running the game. It was top-notch stealth action and best in class. Loved every second of it, from the campaign to the return of Spies vs Mercs multiplayer.
  7. Sep 3, 2013
    Certainly the game is better than its previous version.
    Like the most the possibility of passing the mission in quiet mode and in different ways......
  8. Sep 7, 2013
    I love this game, yes it is similar to conviction and all the SC fans hate that but it doesn't make it a bad game. I like the new 3 playstlye system and I do also like how easy it is to jump into but it has enough elements to learn to not make it stale. I would like to see like weekly levels that pop up in the SMI even if they are just rehashed levels with different enemy patterns or evenI love this game, yes it is similar to conviction and all the SC fans hate that but it doesn't make it a bad game. I like the new 3 playstlye system and I do also like how easy it is to jump into but it has enough elements to learn to not make it stale. I would like to see like weekly levels that pop up in the SMI even if they are just rehashed levels with different enemy patterns or even make the "Gone Dark" missions playable not just a minigame.

The multiplayer is fun but not much more. At this point it does seem to have some balancing issues and doesn't have the same feel as the old one. If you buy the game you may aswell play a couple hours but you most probably wont be playing it for hours.

Overall I love this game so much so I have just started my second playthrough just days after my first. I have yet to play the CO-OP but I have a feeling it will be great.
  9. Dec 3, 2013
    One of the best games of 2013. The choice of STEALTH vs ACTION is warmly welcome. Single player story is one of the strongest with tons of GADGETS and adds a great replay value. The 14 Co-op missions give different tastes. Spy vs Mercs is one of the best multiplayer modes in todays run-and-gun gameplay.Surely worth of your money.
  10. Nov 23, 2013
    Have you ever played one of those 'stealth' games where as long as you don't stand directly in front of the enemy they can't see you.
    Well, Blacklist isn't one of those games. The AI is fantastic. And taking down multiple guys without getting spotted is quite thrilling.
    My main gripes with Conviction is that it seemed to be a corridor shooter with stealth elements added afterwards and the game seemed to want you to do anything but go stealthy. The latter has been addressed, but there are still quite a few moments where you'll be doing distinctly non-stealth related activities.
    Overall a very enjoyable game.
  11. Nov 16, 2013
    Being an old Chaos Theory junkie I must say Blacklist is a breath of fresh air for the franchise. Fisher is back where he needs to be, in the dark! Definitely a game worth playing, and has a replay value on different difficulties. Multi-player could use a tweak or two, but I enjoyed the entire Blacklist experience.
  12. Sep 9, 2013
    This game is a major hit in for the PC genre. Its even better than the Xbox 360. The gameplay and the game mechanics for the pc are amazing. The controls are well defined and easy to master.The levels are challenging. The graphics are obviously 2 times better than of Splinter Cell Conviction. This game beats its in most of the aspects of the game series.
  13. Sep 4, 2013
    the best stealth game of the last 5 years and defiantly one of the best games of the years. splinter cell continues to be one of the best gaming experiences out there.
  14. Aug 27, 2013
    Enjoted blacklist very much! Levels design are so awesome, its on same level as deus ex for me. Perfect stealth gameplay. The music and sound are very good. Sam really look cool, like true commander, all hes moves and stuf like that make him looks as real soldier. When playing this game its similar to watch some really nice military movie. Game looks very good on ultra, but no 16:10 support?
  15. Jan 6, 2014
    I was turned off by the first mandatory tutorial mission but as soon as i got passed this and started mastering the controls, i really enjoyed the story and gameplay. I'm not a die hard fan of the series, i've only played conviction before this. All i can say is it's really well done and polished. Some level are really challenging and can be frustrating but in the end, it's very addictive.I was turned off by the first mandatory tutorial mission but as soon as i got passed this and started mastering the controls, i really enjoyed the story and gameplay. I'm not a die hard fan of the series, i've only played conviction before this. All i can say is it's really well done and polished. Some level are really challenging and can be frustrating but in the end, it's very addictive. Well done. Loved it. Expand
  16. Oct 6, 2013
    This is my first Splinter Cell game and for sure not the last one. I love it. There is so much stuff in this game... Campaign itself is long and big enough, but you have plenty of side missions you can play solo or in coop. Some very easy, some extremely hard even on normal difficulty. Animations, gameplay, locations, music and details level are very, very good. There is high replay valueThis is my first Splinter Cell game and for sure not the last one. I love it. There is so much stuff in this game... Campaign itself is long and big enough, but you have plenty of side missions you can play solo or in coop. Some very easy, some extremely hard even on normal difficulty. Animations, gameplay, locations, music and details level are very, very good. There is high replay value for each mission, cause you can play it in 3 different ways. Mastering your skills and weapons for sure many people will play it again to get better score. Coop missions are awesome, multiplayer is little hard for me due very quick dying, but can be that it will change when i get used to it, didn`t play MP much yet. Didn`t have too much problems with optimizing PC version. Sometimes i have sound issues but restart solves the problem and i had graphics problems, but these were caused by old drivers. After updating it everything works fine. Recommend this game to everyone Expand
  17. Sep 17, 2013
    i really can't understand why people are giving this game a bad score this is a great no i think this is the best splinter cell game ever people say it's like call of duty and so why it isn't like that at all unlike conviction there is no action in this game at all except for one mission one mission from over 25 missions is action you get amazing gadgets amazing graphics andi really can't understand why people are giving this game a bad score this is a great no i think this is the best splinter cell game ever people say it's like call of duty and so why it isn't like that at all unlike conviction there is no action in this game at all except for one mission one mission from over 25 missions is action you get amazing gadgets amazing graphics and outstanding atmosphere just play the game and then be honest and say you're opinion don't be a troller and support the developers Expand
  18. Oct 6, 2013
    The best splinter cell after Chaos Theory. Don't trust people who says is too easy or something similar. Play it at the maximum difficulty and you will have the execution feature disabled, sonar goggles which doesn't pass through walls, more reactive enemies and you get one-shotted. Try to play it stealth, like a splinter cell must be played as.
    I also suggest you to avoid upgrading your
    I also suggest you to avoid upgrading your base with the radar map and using the Tri-rotor drone, which results in a way to easy run.
    I agree with you that is way too easy if you play it in "assault mode", killing every enemy with a weapon and passing to the next one. It can be done like that, but you will not enjoy the core of the Splinter Cell saga. It's like playing GTA without killing people or steal cars (you can even play like that but it's not the way a GTA should be played)
    You surely can't complain about the ways missions can be played because you can do every move and options of the past games. In addition, maps offers an extremely variety of passages.
    The main plot follows the one of the saga, starting after Conviction. It's solid, the only complaint is that Sam's personal relationships aren't so much expanded
  19. Sep 13, 2013
    A fine return to form for Splinter Cell.
    A fine return to form for Splinter Cell.
    I was super mad when Ironside got replaced as Sam Fisher, but I honestly quit caring about an hour into the game because the gameplay was so damn good (the story was enthralling as well). The story was well paced and kept me playing for hours at a time. The side missions are very entertaining as well (especially Kobin's missions where you have to eliminate whole swaths of enemies without being detected).
    I chose to play most missions either ghost or panther style which excluding a few setpiece moments is a very viable option. There are lots of nooks and crannies to explore (pipes to climb, vents to hide in, sewers to crawl through) as either style. Conviction was a fun game, but didn't have quite as much stealth as Splinter Cell fans wanted. This game does. The melee kills/knockouts are really fun (like always) and the new killing in motion concept was pretty damn cool.
    TLDR: It was polished, controls really well, told a great story, and scratches a stealth junkie's itch. Uplay is kind of and I had some troubles with it, but I turned it to offline mode and no problems since.
  20. Sep 13, 2013
    Even thou pretty much everything what Ubisoft released since AC3 was really bad and crappy, SC Blacklist was indeed a good game, therefore i barely understand the lots of negative userscore on this one. Comparing SC Blacklist with SC Convicton the maps and gamemodes are way better now. Pretty much as Ubi did with every release since AC3 they kinda screwed the controls, they where betterEven thou pretty much everything what Ubisoft released since AC3 was really bad and crappy, SC Blacklist was indeed a good game, therefore i barely understand the lots of negative userscore on this one. Comparing SC Blacklist with SC Convicton the maps and gamemodes are way better now. Pretty much as Ubi did with every release since AC3 they kinda screwed the controls, they where better in SC Conviction, however the survival game modes are nice, pure stealth maps, and there is lots to play with it, if they release any good DLC s for it i ll get it. So afterall i am surprised that Ubi is still able to release good games, to be honest i didnt expect it anymore from Ubi. The 8 out of 10 is for the screwed controls, and for the still insane amount of bugs they have within the game. Also the Ubi rewards for that game are rather stupid then usefull. Expand
  21. Sep 12, 2013
    A great addition to the series and in my opinion probably the best one. The graphics are great, controls are solid, gameplay is fluid and challenging and the multiplayer (Coop and Versus) is a nice bonus to keep you playing after completing the awesome campaign. Ignore the "hurr hurr dis is a shooter, thes es nert splernter cerl" comments, the game NEVER forces you to play a certain way,A great addition to the series and in my opinion probably the best one. The graphics are great, controls are solid, gameplay is fluid and challenging and the multiplayer (Coop and Versus) is a nice bonus to keep you playing after completing the awesome campaign. Ignore the "hurr hurr dis is a shooter, thes es nert splernter cerl" comments, the game NEVER forces you to play a certain way, all missions can be done YOUR way (lethal, non-lethal, avoid enemies completely, go all assault etc). Only thing that changed is that playing offensively is now a valid playstyle (playing stealthily will still award you a higher score). Also, for those who are concerned about the new voice actor for Sam: he does a great job (he fits Sam even better than Ironside in my opinion). Get over it and move on. This. Is. Splinter Cell. Expand
  22. Sep 2, 2014
    I like how Splinter Cell is goingback to the roots here. I hope Blacklist was only the beginning, this franchise got a lot of potential and is massive underrated. Go ahead Ubisoft!
  23. Aug 31, 2013
    It was a good story, side missions were good, only the future waves of enemies did not like. The interrogation was lacking, but at least they were making.
  24. Aug 27, 2013
    phenomenal game front to back. Blends old stealth techniques from previous titles in the series with a fair amount of action making it a seriously awesome title. Don't miss it!
  25. Aug 21, 2013
    Ok, it's a console port, I get that. Now, if you want to provide constructive criticism, find something else to rant about as there's more to games than just graphics quality. Otherwise, you are just whining.

I've played only 2 hours of the campaign so far, and I'm not disappointed. Controls are a little challenging at first, but you quickly get used to them. It's light-years ahead of Conviction and Double Agent in terms of gameplay: you can choose how to complete your missions: guns blazing, stealth, non-lethal; they are all fun to play.

I've paid $60 for this game; it's worth every penny!
  26. Aug 31, 2013
    I honestly don't understand "fanboys" who say that this is Conviction 2.0. Set your difficulty to at least realistic and bricks. That's what you should do if you're real fan of original SC. Yes, it does have some points from Conviction, but in it's core it is definitely old Splinter Cell. Like IGN said, it's the best in series since Chaos Theory. I really liked Conviction, it was a breathI honestly don't understand "fanboys" who say that this is Conviction 2.0. Set your difficulty to at least realistic and bricks. That's what you should do if you're real fan of original SC. Yes, it does have some points from Conviction, but in it's core it is definitely old Splinter Cell. Like IGN said, it's the best in series since Chaos Theory. I really liked Conviction, it was a breath of fresh air, and keeping a little bit of it in Blacklist was certainly a good idea.
    P.S. Still whining about Uplay? Meh.
  27. Aug 26, 2013
    The game-play is good, I really like the story. The graphics are fantastic dx-11 the engine is well optimize, the audio, control good too, I found no issue with this game, by now...
    This game is fun to play so 9/10 for me
  28. Aug 24, 2013
    Finaly splinter cell is back. If you are a stealth fan play it in "perfectionist" mode. You will love it.
    Best "modern" splinter cell of the serie, we can not disagree with this.
  29. Oct 16, 2013
    Welp, I made an account just so I can write this review.

Splinter Cell: Blacklist impressed me in a way I couldn't believe. The general consensus of the "positive" reviews seems to be that this is an ample mix between the fast paced action of conviction, and the strategy of its predecessors. If you are looking to play a game like chaos theory, go play chaos theory! Ubisoft cannot
    Welp, I made an account just so I can write this review.

If you are looking to play a game like chaos theory, go play chaos theory!

Ubisoft cannot continue to release the same product over and over again. They chose to take the series in a different direction, and they have done a great job doing so. The story is intricate yet understandable, the gameplay is incredibly smooth, and the graphics look beautiful, unlike anything I've seen for a long time. If the game crashes for you, update your video driver... Worked for me on my gtx 670. Other than that, it's incredibly smooth and seemed very well optimized to me.

I've been a longtime fan of the splinter cell series. I've played every game, and enjoyed the hell out of them. Needless to say, when this came out, I had to buy it. I was not disappointed

TL;DR

Pros:
    Beautiful graphics
    Smooth Gameplay
    Driven storyline
    Tons of unique weapons/gadgets
    Coop

Meh:
    Multiplayer

Cons:
    Not the same game as Chaos Theory
    Ironside isn't the voice actor

Try it out!
  30. Dec 9, 2013
    As a huge Splinter Cell fan, I wasn't the least bit disappointed. After multiple play-throughs of Chaos Theory/Conviction over the years, it took me awhile to get used to the new controls on SC:BL, but I actually ended up liking them quite a bit by the end. I did find it almost a little too easy to get all of my gear maxed out, especially since I "Ghost"ed through the entire game, butAs a huge Splinter Cell fan, I wasn't the least bit disappointed. After multiple play-throughs of Chaos Theory/Conviction over the years, it took me awhile to get used to the new controls on SC:BL, but I actually ended up liking them quite a bit by the end. I did find it almost a little too easy to get all of my gear maxed out, especially since I "Ghost"ed through the entire game, but found it sufficiently, almost frustratingly challenging at points.

I thought the story was movie-quality and gave Grim more of a role than just a voice through a sub-dermal radio. Overall, the single-player was 100% satisfying. Obviously it would be nice to have more DLC, but hey, I'm pretty happy with how the game is as is.

Multiplayer was fun for a bit, but didn't really have much staying power for myself. Co-op missions were definitely worthwhile though, albeit a little limited in how many levels there were.

Can't say enough good things about this game, pick it up!

1. Jan 22, 2014
    With Conviction, the Splinter Cell series seemed to be veering off course, but Blacklist thankfully grabs the wheel and gets it back on track.
  2. Dec 12, 2013
    Splinter Cell Blacklist is one of the better entries in the long lived spy-saga. It offers great gameplay choices and sneaking is heavily rewarded. On top of that the multiplayer is also confidently crafted. The one thing lacking is the banal story with flat characterization that hinders Splinter Cell Blacklist from reaching any narrative high points.
  3. PC PowerPlay
    Sep 25, 2013
    Though it lacks the subdued intelligence of Chaos Theory, there's still some cracking good sneaking to be had. [Oct 2013, p.92]