Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory PC

8.7

1. HellO.
    Apr 10, 2005
    Ok. I bought this for it's multiplayer part and what do I get? A slightly updated version of Pandora Tomorrows multiplayer (with the exact same engine even) and a coop that doesn't work for more than 2 minutes at a time. Single player looks good but bores me to death, jut as I predicted.
  2. StevenB.
    Apr 2, 2005
    Good game but not many improvements over the last instalemnt.
  3. gas
    Aug 6, 2012
    Actually is 2012, i got this game from a Steam summer sale at like 2 euros, i was curious to check it without too many expectations.
    The game in my opinion is very good, it offers a gameplay heavily stealth based, at start controls and the slow gameplay are not very intuitive/modern in my opinion, but after some time the controls end to be just a matter of practice and the game is solid.
    The game is very slow peaced, and imo it lacks a bit of tactics and/or different things to do to keep the player interested in going on, in example i would loved to have the possibility to choose different gear and tools setup to start missions, and more ways to pass some situations.
    This game will not appeal surely the cod generation ppl (hoping they will return on consoles to save pc gamers from modern crapz), as stealth fps is very good, and easily found at very low prices.
    I didnt try the multiplayer and co op so i cant tell nothing about that, even if as idea seems interesting.
  4. Jul 5, 2014
    Played in 2014, so I may be a bit harsh:
    Played in 2014, so I may be a bit harsh:
    Solid but average (for me). It looks like DeusEx:HumanRevolution imitated much of this game. Gameplay is solid and tactical, but I found it a bit too linear and scripted. The controls also feel a bit clunky, especially if you have to start shooting. I had a few minor issues with light detection. Calling this game average may be a bit harsh (I can see why most people loved it), but that's how I feel. Most graphics are average, but some details were really good, like a floor cleaner really making the part he cleans with his mop more reflective as he goes! Maybe worth getting in a steam sale. Fortunately no Uplay account required.
    Essential PC tip: go to pcgamingwiki for easy instructions on how to increase the FOV, which is too low.
  5. Aug 20, 2013
    i decided to give splinter cell another shot with this one but still i can't seem to love it at all am not saying that the game is bad but somehow i didn't like it
  6. Jan 29, 2017
    Shyamalan's recent films have been mediocre at best, so expectations weren't high for this latest offering. Thankfully, Split represents somewhat of a return to form. Whilst not a brilliant experience, McAvoy is superb and delivers a thoroughly unsettling and masterful performance that elevates this tense thriller. The cinematography and pacing are crafted to heighten tension, and theShyamalan's recent films have been mediocre at best, so expectations weren't high for this latest offering. Thankfully, Split represents somewhat of a return to form. Whilst not a brilliant experience, McAvoy is superb and delivers a thoroughly unsettling and masterful performance that elevates this tense thriller. The cinematography and pacing are crafted to heighten tension, and the storyline is engaging throughout. A solid thriller that will keep you on the edge of your seat. 6.87/10 Expand
  7. Mar 21, 2017
    That's the only Splinter I played, I have to give it to the game, it appeals to me more than Hitman, though it lacks what Hitman does the best, better sneaking system, bigger areas that aren't one way or back (you basically advance walking forward), the AI is rather poor for a sneaking - based game, I hated to find out about mouse wheel you need to adjust sneaking speed after first 7That's the only Splinter I played, I have to give it to the game, it appeals to me more than Hitman, though it lacks what Hitman does the best, better sneaking system, bigger areas that aren't one way or back (you basically advance walking forward), the AI is rather poor for a sneaking - based game, I hated to find out about mouse wheel you need to adjust sneaking speed after first 7 missions. It beats Hitman's plot (even though it is a bit cheesy), the main character is very likable, movement is awesome and weapons you are given let you choose whether you're a sneak or a Rambo. Expand

1. Game Informer
    Writing in video games is a subject that doesn't get a lot of attention, but Chaos Theory features a simply great script. Not only is it complex and deep, it's also surprisingly funny. [Apr 2005, p.112]
    When combined with the excellent animations, the game feels incredibly cinematic, and on a high-end graphics card the game is stunning. Each level is a grand set piece in which players stylishly accomplish their goals.
  3. A serious improvement in any way you care to name, from gameplay to its newly, eerily realistic graphics.