5.7

1. Blargh
    Jun 7, 2009
    This game was teh shiz.Other people who complain just have bad hardware or are to lazy to find a patch (i got one and it fixed all the bugs for me).This game has great graphics and the stealth is really fun, the story is a bit unclear though, it doesnt really tell you what happens.Overall excellent game for five euro.
  2. JordanO.
    Jun 9, 2009
    Very good game different sway but is missing some CT movement that truly progress this wonderful and riveting series.
  3. ChrisSpargo
    Sep 1, 2009
    As a game, Splinter Cell: Double Agent is a fine continuation of the series, staying faithful to its stealth action roots.

As a PC port, the game is troubled. Although I did not experience any of the infamous frame rate issues and crashes that plague this game, and in fact got it running at over 60 fps maxed out, the port is still quite poor. Mouse support is down from the already lacking Chaos Theory. Now computer terminals, keypads and hacking systems are navigable only by keyboard, making it a lot more awkward to use. Also missing is the ability to enter keypad codes with the number buttons on your keyboard.

Additionally I found the default keyboard assignments bizarre. Shift to jump, Space to use. I can only assume that these were decided by a developer unfamiliar with typical PC controls. Changing key assignments is clunky, and on numerous occasions I found my alterations had not saved when, upon trying to knock out a guard, nothing happened and I was instead shot.

As I've said, the game ran fine on my PC, but I get the feeling it's very picky about what hardware it works with and what hardware it doesn't, as with GTA IV. You should probably only buy it if you find it cheap and/or you're feeling lucky.
    Feb 17, 2007
    I guess I got astoundingly lucky, but I've really had no problems. I've been lucky enough to be able have a rather powerful system (Athlon X2 3800 and Radeon X1900XTX), and not only does the game run at almost full settings with few noticeable stutters or patches of slowdown (no more than other Ubi ports like Rainbow Six Vegas), but I've had only a few glitches- the most I guess I got astoundingly lucky, but I've really had no problems. I've been lucky enough to be able have a rather powerful system (Athlon X2 3800 and Radeon X1900XTX), and not only does the game run at almost full settings with few noticeable stutters or patches of slowdown (no more than other Ubi ports like Rainbow Six Vegas), but I've had only a few glitches- the most irritating of which is an apparent inability to use some of the extra tools. While I still prefer Rainbow Six Vegas or Hitman Blood Money, this game has proven an enjoyable experience for me. Guess I'm glad to have been so lucky. Expand
  5. AnonymousMC
    Feb 22, 2007
    Well, this game is flippin' awesome!! But, I read the reviews above and everyone is complaining about the P.C version!!! EVERYONE knows that if you're going to get games with top-of-the-line graphics, you have to get it for a console, unless you have an extremely good video card! I'd say you're free to your opinion, but you don't need to complain if you have aWell, this game is flippin' awesome!! But, I read the reviews above and everyone is complaining about the P.C version!!! EVERYONE knows that if you're going to get games with top-of-the-line graphics, you have to get it for a console, unless you have an extremely good video card! I'd say you're free to your opinion, but you don't need to complain if you have a console where you can truly enjoy the game. These people are basing their ratings on how the game RUNS, not how it actually PLAYS. I suggest you put the proper rating for the playing, and then write about how it runs. Expand
  6. JoeS
    Jun 17, 2009
    I played both the PS2 and the PC version and they are awesome! ppl always complain about the bugs but there are patches for it, just not on steam... just go to http://www.ubi.com/US/Downloads/Info.aspx?dlId=1931 to get the newest patch, ubisoft didn't forget about fixing their games, they just forgot to mention it.
  7. Jul 10, 2011
    first thing this game runs great on my system.the only thin i gave it 8 because it is so silent.i mean no talking guards,no interrogation.and night vision is a bit blurry and i also dnt like thermal vision.overall it is good.
  8. AnonymousMC
    Jul 20, 2008
    I'm amazed. I loved Chaos Theory, but this goes even further than that. The gameplay got even better, you have more gadgets and moves, graphics are basically the same with slight improvements (which is fine with me), the levels and missions are still very diverse and first and foremost, your decisions have greater impact than ever before. I love the fact that you're a doubleI'm amazed. I loved Chaos Theory, but this goes even further than that. The gameplay got even better, you have more gadgets and moves, graphics are basically the same with slight improvements (which is fine with me), the levels and missions are still very diverse and first and foremost, your decisions have greater impact than ever before. I love the fact that you're a double agent and have to make your decisions so that you satisfy both agencies, it really makes you think. All in all, it's a great addition to the Splinter Cell series, if not THE greatest. By the way, my PC: 1.9 Ghz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, Nvidia 6600GT. It doesn't even meet the minimum requirements, but the game still runs quite smoothly on high details. Talk about great optimization... I haven't experienced any of the bugs or errors listed here, so I guess I should consider myself lucky. Expand
  9. GregH.
    Dec 19, 2006
    Lets make this clear. The specifications required to run this game are astronomical. I personally did have a PC which absolutely slaughtered any other game I put in front of it. But when this came along from my "insert generic .com game sales company here" preorder, it was unplayable. And upon checking the specs required to run the game, I see my processor was 600MHz too slow and Gfx was Lets make this clear. The specifications required to run this game are astronomical. I personally did have a PC which absolutely slaughtered any other game I put in front of it. But when this came along from my "insert generic .com game sales company here" preorder, it was unplayable. And upon checking the specs required to run the game, I see my processor was 600MHz too slow and Gfx was out of date. However, after upgrading my PC, this game is found to be one of the most entertaining titles I have ever played. The multiplayer mode is finally what it should have been to begin with. The spies are now forced to use shadows and play like spies should have to play. The mercs are better tooled up than ever and all the levels have been made to look fantastic. The single player, although short, is entertaining enough for a few hours. Not that ive been playing an awful lot of that, the multiplayer is just astounding. What I would suggest is that before you buy this game, you FIND OUT if your PC can cope with it. If your PC can not meet the recommended requirements (forget the minnimum requirements) then do not buy this game. Otherwise, there is no reason whatsoever why I cant justify every penny I spent on this quality release. Expand

1. I found the story more fleshed out since certain story elements that are glossed over in the X360 version are given more gravity and importance.
  2. Double Agent comes close to earning a Classic award, let down only by the fact that we wanted to see them run a bit further with the trust system idea.
  3. A good game. It will likely be a very good game after a couple of patches (it is damn buggy on the PC and slow as hell), so I'd advise you to wait a while before you actually buy it.