Tom Clancy's The Division PC

5.9

1. Mar 10, 2016
    Very Repetitive. The gunplay itself is fun, but the cover system is janky, and cumbersome.. If you have played Watch Dogs, or Ghost Recon you have already tried out the gunplay/cover mechanic.. If like me, you have zero interest in pvp, and you absolutely despised the Dark Zone, and further lack of content, than this game isnt for you (us).. Theres occasional npc's to fight in DZ, alwaysVery Repetitive. The gunplay itself is fun, but the cover system is janky, and cumbersome.. If you have played Watch Dogs, or Ghost Recon you have already tried out the gunplay/cover mechanic.. If like me, you have zero interest in pvp, and you absolutely despised the Dark Zone, and further lack of content, than this game isnt for you (us).. Theres occasional npc's to fight in DZ, always with numerous fellow agents around..

The AI is so dumb, that they will literally walk at you, stand out in the open, and pop out of cover like clock work.. To cover for this, enemies were made bullet sponges.. A dozen rounds to the head, is an easy kill.. Theres also very little variation in enemy archetypes.. Even when donning a different asthetic, they act exactly the same as others.. It makes for very bland gameplay, when the main function is too easy..

While beautiful (though severely downgraded from what was shown, also becoming the norm with AAA companies) walking the city,its barren! You will encounter occasional npcs fighting over a scrap, or ask you for water, or running in fear for their life of you for seemingly no reason.. Its like walking through "The Last of Us", only this is a shooter, and we want to shoot ****

The weapons and armor itself servers its purpose, but is very unappealing.. "Upgrades" are only so, in incremental amounts.. 2% less recoils, etc.. Since the game pretends to ground itself in realism (except when in need of excuse) that the guns, and armor arent very "oh cool, new weapon"! It will shoot exactly like the last one you had, probably look almost identical, etc.. Kneepads wont make muh difference, but you may get a puffy coat to change the look vs a hoodie?!

So-called "rpg".. this is where had issue.. Because there are 8 faces to choose from in the character creator, and theres a talent tree, it apparently classifies itself as rpg..Well.. Not in my book! Theres got to be a compelling narrative, characters, progression, customization, etc.. Theres very little of it here, with a grand total of 26 main story missions.. All replayable, but the side missions are not.. Wheres the longevity here? While playing, its hard to shake the feeling that very large chunks of the game are being with held, to be sold separately, at a later date.. Its painfully dull, and boring to play.. You are allowed 2 active abilities at any given time, which you can also augment, and switch in and out at will.. But the majority of them are, like the rest of the game, uninspired, and dull.. Deploy a Turret, is kinda neat, but another grenade? Group Heal, Riot Shield? Its like there was a QA, and the favored pcs of other games were thrown into a hodgepodge of what works over there, and show horned into a tactical shooter, so it could be labelled a rpg! If this is rpg, its shallow, at best! Theres also little to no meaningful plot decisions, character interaction (That isnt cinematic), theres no real player choice here.. As far as story, its very on rails.. I fail to see where this whole "rpg" element comes from?! I can choose 1 of 8 faces, and theres a skill tree.. Ok.. So not only will 1 in 8 people LOOK the same, everyone will also have exactly the same skills as well? Ok, so just everyone pick 2 different abilities each before this mission.. Fun! Not that youll 'need' them, since its rather straight forward combat.. Some people claim enemies attempt to flank.. What i see is more that they just move toward your general direction.. On a wide street, they may happen to flank.. Mostly though, they stick out stupidly in the open, for no real reason!

Its no wonder they wouldnt allow pre release reviews.. And i havent even gotten to all the bugs, terrible server issues, lag, texture pop ins and tearing, etc.. Even on consoles this is being reported..

Which leads me to my next point.. Uplay, is widely known to be bottom barrel software.. Having this game be online only, with this system is terrible.. There is no offline mode, for you to enjoy solo, if your internet fails, you havent paid your bills or, more likely, Uplay goes down.. Why? Hackers? The game is already riddled with them!!! Another wonderful aspect of Dark zone.. And, theres no anti cheat system to boot.. Just "file a report, take a screen shot of the offense".. WTF?!?

It was over hyped, deliberately with held until release day, bare bones, dull half implemented features.. Yet another Ubisoft let down.. I used to be the biggest AC fan i knew,and even that i can no longer support.. If i had actually paid cash for this game, i would have refunded it it! Thank goodness i went with my gut here, and kept my promise to myself never to purchase another Ubisoft product.. Or EA, Activision, Bethesda for that matter..

I too want an to scratch that itch i have, for the TPS genre, but this aint it.. Guess its back o another round of Mass Effect.. I no longer support Bioware, but i already own that trilogy atleast..

PASS
    Lol @9-10 Scores!
  2. Mar 10, 2016
    I don't know what's worse, the shills giving this Watch Dogs/DayZ/Stalker/Freedom Fighters hybrid a 10, or the damage control fanboys who act like brats when someone points out obvious flaws and lazy designs in this game.
    Down to its core, the game is underwhelming, very little mission variety, go from A to B and shoot clones of hooded figures, and scavenge for loot until you feel like a conveyor belt worker.

The solo play is ok, but no challenge, it's always more of the same, unless you pump it up to hard difficulty to feel like it's worth clenching your buttcheeks, but that also gets old fast. The story is..interesting, but still nothing too memorable. You're just cleaning the streets and relive the same patterns like you're the main star in Groundhog Day.

The map looks bland and quite sterile compared to the trailers in the past, i'm afraid we'll have another case of Destiny with this one.

The Dark Zone was of little interest to me, but i guess it could be a nice relief from solo grind and boring A to B incursions.

The loot system is nice and boring at the same time. It all depends on your burnout meter, if you can handle the brief grinding sessions, then more power to you!

Currently, the 60$ price does not justify the shallow content. If they add more stuff in the future, i hope it's free or at least somewhere in the range of 5 dollars, but something tells me that will not be the case.

My suggestion: wait several months or maybe an entire year, for the complete edition with all dlcs to come out, maye wait for a sale, because right now this game feels like it's bone dry.

It's another bland Ubisoft product that still has chance to prove itself. It all depends on the future content.
    Not holding my breath with this one.
  3. Mar 11, 2016
    Empty shell of a game. Very repetitive. Graphics in the initial trailer are totally not representative of what you will find in the final build. So I don't recommend this game.
  4. Mar 10, 2016
    I was so excited after watching the first E3 Trailer...now it's here and after 22 Hours and some crashes (sadly it is instable) i have to review it and warn people from wasting their money!
    It is very repetitive and boring, that's my short conclusion.
    Because? Well, the Missions are all the same and i mean the same even later and on level 30! You only defend, attack or get
    It is very repetitive and boring, that's my short conclusion.
    You only defend, attack or get someone/something...thats it!
    This game is following the boring Watch Dogs game design.
    Also this game has tons of bugs and crashes...sometimes you will get stuck in the console-ish menu's.
    And if you think you can later meet great "bosses", no way! Even the boss enemies are are just the same on and on, no special abilities, no fancy design, just always the same "human" boss with no special gun.
    Well okay, the only "interesting" boss is the last boss in this game.

So if you think this game is worth paying 40-60$ for just 22 hours and many grinding, go buy it...
    Even diablo 3 was more fun, because it has a nice creature design, interesting bosses and items.
    But the division has nothing always the same guns, same enemies, same missions, the map.
    I can say, i will never ever buy a ubisoft game again, i will always wait for cheap sales, because they never worth it.
    Watch Dogs has warned me, never pre-order a ubisoft game again, but it did...and here i am, warning other players wasting their money on this copy&paste game.
  5. Mar 9, 2016
    Was alright. Didn't hate it. Didn't like it. It's just there. A perfectly streamlined and appealing experience that you can experience without experiencing anything.

The Darkzone as an idea is interesting, but the mechanics are weired. The themepark currency kills off any atmosphere and right now just sitting at drop-off locations calling helicopters and killing off the spawning goons (which are no challenge whatsoever) is the most efficient way of getting said currency - with which you can buy gear to get more currency with which you buy more weapons to get more... you get the idea. But what works in lootershooters or mmos doesn't work here because there is no threat. You don't need that stuff.
  6. Mar 8, 2016
    READ THIS BEFORE MY REVIEW:
    READ THIS BEFORE MY REVIEW:
    Since the game is from Ubisoft, we can never trust the trailers or gameplay at E3 as they are always misleading. Ubisoft is a very unpredictable developer that sometimes releases great games like Far Cry 3 and Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag but also releases some disappointing games as well like Assassin's Creed: Unity and Watch Dogs. Ubisoft is just WAY to unpredictable.

The Division was a games that promised more than it could actually provide. There was a huge hype train for this game and many people considered it as a "modern" version of Destiny. The gameplay is is very fun for the first couple hours until it becomes very repetitive and the graphics are average and definitely way worse than the graphics we saw in all of the trailers at E3 before the game was released. The combat feels like a generic cover-based 3rd person shooter. The voice acting is not that good and sounds very dull. Even at 30fps, the game still has many frame rate drops on consoles and the open world does not feel that "natural" and feels more artificial and fake. It is pretty empty. The character customization is average but not the best. But players can still look unique among others. The game had a great idea but was put in the hands of the wrong developer which is what my opinion is. So much content is being locked out and put in 3 expansions! However, I have hope that with further updates, this game still has potential to be a great game. But for now, this game needs plenty of improvement. Thank you for reading this review! :)
  7. Apr 16, 2016
    The latest patch 1.1 is full of bugs / exploits / cheating. I have asked for a full refund on steam. The game was great until there was nothing to do. I hit 30, and the repetition sunk in and the lack of content was an issue. Finally they released a content patch and it was basically piss poor attempt and rush job that wasn't full tested. I gave this game a 9 until this happened. 4 days ofThe latest patch 1.1 is full of bugs / exploits / cheating. I have asked for a full refund on steam. The game was great until there was nothing to do. I hit 30, and the repetition sunk in and the lack of content was an issue. Finally they released a content patch and it was basically piss poor attempt and rush job that wasn't full tested. I gave this game a 9 until this happened. 4 days of falling through the world, missions not starting, getting to the end up challenge modes to only get mike errors which disco you from the game, and again falling through the world. It wears on you and people should be aware that there is a complete lack of communication from the Dev team to the players. They will lightly talk about it on twitch feeds but avoid the subject. They don't respond on the forums. They don't send in game messages, they have so many avenues to talk to people and let them know whats going on yet they are quite as church mice.

The exploiters are the worst. They should have rolled this patch back, yet they chose to bulldoze forward. Now the changes to crafting that upped the cost was a direct cause by people using exploits. Everyone suffered because of these cheaters. Now we have super human like hacking in the DZ. There is so much evidence, yet they don't do anything. They did do 3 day bans, but nothing else that I have seen. They refuse to name the users or say what bans handed out. They won't talk about the elephant in the room.

I am done. Ubisoft you lost a customer.
  8. Mar 9, 2016
    Pluses:

-Great graphics, although not as good as what we've been shown (which seems to be almost par for the course these days) -Interesting variety of weapons -Interesting main plotline story although not as engaging as it should really be -Grouping can be fun -Gunplay is, initially, fun Cons: -Bugs. Graphical glitches and bugs specific to being in a group like the teleport
    Pluses:

-Interesting variety of weapons
    -Grouping can be fun
    -Gunplay is, initially, fun

Cons:

-Bugs. Graphical glitches and bugs specific to being in a group like the teleport to your teammate dialogue never going away despite him being right in front of you. Your teammate "moonwalking" in front of you, seeming to never take cover and shooting with the wrong weapon looking like an action figure. Relogging seems to be the only way to fix this.
    -AI is dumb as bricks. They make poor use of cover, grenades and tactics as a whole. Melee enemies will charge you without support of supressing fire from allies. Headshots don't seem to do much. It could be worse, true, but still disappointing, given the hype surrounding this title
    -"Upgrades" don't seem to follow a logical progression and stats on gear seem to be a little too random. I've gotten green level 7-8 guns that weren't as good as my green quality level 3 Poice M4A1 carbine. All I can say is ?????. It makes things more confusing than they need to be. Being used to min-maxing from other games, I can deal with this shortcoming but it's a little annoying.
    -Lag and disconnects. I experienced a lot of lag and disconnects trying to group up but I expect this will be eventually fixed. Still, annoying that it creeped into release.
    -World feels even more lifeless than it needs to be. I understand about the plague, etc but still there's just something missing. You just don't feel invested in trying to make things better for these people. There is little to tug at your emotional strings. If they'd added some non-combat missions where you care for the sick or something like that it would have at least tried to get you more invested in trying to improve things for these people. A missed opportunity on the part of Ubisoft I think.
    -Hacks. I haven't experienced these myself because I am not high enough level to venture into the Dark Zone but it's basically a hack-ridden gank-fest from everything people have described. It kind of runs counter to the lore of the game. Ultra-top-secret government operatives supposedly working towards a common goal murdering each other in cold blood without penalty for loot? How does that make any sense?

All in all, it's not a bad game but not great either. The inclusion of microtransactions in the game irks me. We already paid full price for the game and there is a DLC pack that costs almost as much as the game itself. The game hit the top sellers list on Steam and probably on other vendors like GMG, EBGames, etc. Microtransactions were not required to make them any more cash yet they just couldn't resist.

At this point I can only give it a 5/10. It's ok for short-term fun but I question f the longevity of the game's appeal. It's like a more boring version of Destiny, the other shooter that also tries to be an MMO.
  9. Mar 8, 2016
    After playing for five hours it was hard to go on, but I stuck with it because some of the best games I have ever played get better as you progress. I have played for 20 hours and can't go on playing any longer

Pros: Great Idea for a game Those with fears of germs or outbreaks will have there skin crawling Okay character customization, not the best but you will look unique for the

Pros:
    Great Idea for a game
    Those with fears of germs or outbreaks will have there skin crawling
    Okay character customization, not the best but you will look unique for the most part after a few hours.

Cons:
    Frame Rate Drops
    Controls are **** stupid
    game-play gets old fast
    the open world is very empty, as you run from one mission to the next with little to nothing in between.

The game is a little atmospheric, and thats all the game has going for it, but its not even at atmospheric as like dark souls or tomb raider

The idea for the game is not new but its cool coming in the form of a big AAA game. However, the idea and ground works for a game only takes you so far. honestly I like to judge games on the game feel, progression, and story. Well the story dose not leave you wondering at all, the second you boot up the game you know what caused the virus. The mystery behind the virus is known that, oh some organization did it by placing the virus on some twenty dollar bills; so I just didn't give a **** anymore. The gameplay is that of gears of war aside from some gadgets mixed in that don't amount to much.
  10. Mar 8, 2016
    Now i have "only" 15 hours in this game. And it is fun for me. This game has the most dead city with amazing details, that i saw in games. It isnt like E3 trailer and it is shame, but still is very nice game. And others things?

+ Graphic + Co-op fighting + City + Dark Zone (PvP) + Crafting + Story. It is reallysimple story, but with good actor´s voices and it is "B" rating film

+ Graphic
    + Co-op fighting
    + City
    + Dark Zone (PvP)
    + Crafting
    + Story. It is reallysimple story, but with good actor´s voices and it is "B" rating film like Contagion (2011).
    + Optimalization (i5 3450, 16 GB RAM and R9 380X OC with avarage 50 fps without Nvidia shaders but with ultra settings)
    - repetitive
    - sometimes really stupid AI
    - indestructible cars and immortal civilians
    - If you played beta and you dont like it, you dont like it now too. It isn t game for everyone, but I still enjoy the game with friends. It is better then last Tom Clancy´s games but something is missing.
  11. Mar 9, 2016
    Mediocre at best. Repetitive and boring. "Toned down from E3 visuals" just like Watch_Dogs due to console parity. Lacks true originality and over hyped. Ubisoft was on my **** but now it's confirmed.
  12. Mar 8, 2016
    PC version
    Solo play only
    Uplay version (non-steam) Runs great- 60fps Good looking game on PC. Good story. Farm like missions to get upgrades is might get repetitive if done wrong. With the cover system they have in place you would think you would have a better way to climb around things. They should take the Dying Light Engine and put that into this game. I often find myself
    PC version
    Solo play only
    Uplay version (non-steam)
    Runs great- 60fps

With the cover system they have in place you would think you would have a better way to climb around things. They should take the Dying Light Engine and put that into this game. I often find myself accidentally not in cover and getting killed because I moved the wrong way which gets annoying.

Most "main" missions seem exciting so far. You can choose to play any "main" mission at higher difficulty for better rewards but I couldn't do it while playing solo and with the lvl of weapons I had.

No bonus gear because vendor is broke or something, support says they are working on it. Not surprised with game with this scope but disappointed. By the time we get the gear it might be below our level except for the appearance gear.

World of Warcraft, Diablo3 and SW TOR had worse issues at their initial launch. I am surprised that the servers have been so stable. (so far)

Seems lots of different things to collect if your into that. (I'm not)

Overall Game is fun to play and can't wait to play some after work. Hoping the content keeps up.

(no issue with people blocking doors) lol
  13. Mar 9, 2016
    Really fun game to play with your friends and coordinate as a team. Some server stability issues at launch but that is understandable. I feel like some of the negative reviews are just because they expected an entirely different game or set their expectations through the roof. For what the game is, an online shooter with rpg elements and progression, it's great and alot of fun.

Having a

Having a blast so far! See you in the dark zone!
  14. Mar 9, 2016
    Move beyond any server issues and the real game is underneath. Its a game, and a good one at that! I think reviewers who have given it an overwhemingly negative review seem to have had a bad idea about the game even when they purchased it? Seriously if you read some of them, its as if they have a personal vendetta against Ubisoft... if you don't like something, you need to be critical butMove beyond any server issues and the real game is underneath. Its a game, and a good one at that! I think reviewers who have given it an overwhemingly negative review seem to have had a bad idea about the game even when they purchased it? Seriously if you read some of them, its as if they have a personal vendetta against Ubisoft... if you don't like something, you need to be critical but also objective. You can read how they feel they have been cheated or the information they provide is factually in-accurate. Microtransactions are in the game, they are for visual upgrades only. DLC is paid for but if you have the season pass, it gives you a percentage saving in the long run.

The game play is a mix of Gears Of War cover shooting with Ghost Recon style "run here, get into cover there" mechanics. The graphics are amazing, they went back to tweek some of the lighting and some other atmospheric details with the day 1 patch, very well done on keeping the game away from an early release and it shows the delays were worth it!

You are a Division Agent, called upon when the world has collapsed into anarchy. JTF are the games version of NATO and are the martial law. The missions (26 Main) are well put together and have a mix bag of objectives which resolve around a mutated small pox virus being unleashed on Black Friday - very clever and ties in perfectly to the whole current social understanding of the event. Mad rush shoppers spreading the virus as they spend cash and expediting the end times! The game does throw alot of info at you - one review from time.com explains that the game world is always shouting something at you or throwing up some graphic or detail all at the sametime which can be a little disorientating. The side missions are also very engaging and are light relief to the games main missions. Replay on this game is good, want to tackle the encounter from another angle or go vertical - go for it!

Overall, when considering the release window for this game was very quiet and Destiny being in a shallow pit at the moment, this is the meat on the bones players have been looking for. If your looking for some really good social gaming, this has it. Joined Discord and have met some good people who are all in it for the same reason I am - immersion and a sense of relief from the mundane real lives we live. Who wouldn't want to be part of a group who are called on to save the world!
  15. Mar 8, 2016
    good game, not really buggy as people , half way through , stable game. Server crashes did happen, and it can be expected any MMORPG on day 1.

Certainly not the best, but a good game IMHO
  16. Mar 9, 2016
    Great game and I am loving it so far. Playing with friends certainly adds to the level of enjoyment, though I don't mind soloing from time to time. I've had 0 issues playing the game or getting anything running. Yes their was a single hour of downtime at launch.. boo hoo get over it, it was only an hour and then servers were back up. Looking forward to the future.
  17. Mar 8, 2016
    It's an online shooter. Not a RPG by any means. Nothing new here. But the graphics are very good. The mobs are spongy, but still a fun game. Also props to the dev's for taking the time to make a decent PC UI. Thanks for that.

But for the single player there's little to do. This game is really about PVP. So if you are looking for SP I'd wait a few months, hoping future DLC's will address this.

One thing I must **** about is the lack of character customization. You get 8 face choices, with some minor adjustments. And that's about it. So you will be shooting your clone when you PVP. This was a big disappointment for me.

But all in all, a decent game. For what it is.
  18. Mar 8, 2016
    Pros:
    Cool world - the actual world, with futuristic tech, is pretty cool for an idea, even if not exactly new
    dark zone - the dark zone reminds me of a more polished version of dayz, to bad it's basically the only good part of the game Cons: Performance issues - I have a 770, and I will be running at 60 fps with completly random drops down to lower boring game-play - below average

Cons:
    boring game-play - below average cover shooting, with the cover often glitching out / random invisible walls that can be fixed by reploading
    repetitive - every mission is the same: kill waves of enemies, repeat
    bullet spongy enemies - almost every enemy requires a full clip, boss's require severals
    generic story - main story is literally "virus was released on black friday and is killing people! go kill thousands to find a cure!"
  19. Mar 9, 2016
    This game is just a cheap cash in that does nothing original. It's just a shallow third person cover shooter with other players and loot (whoop de do). The graphics are good but they pulled a Watch Dogs again, meaning they lied to their consumers. There are microtransactions and plenty of connection problems. Just a overall shallow and cheaply made game for the casual gamers everywhere.
  20. Mar 9, 2016
    Great game so far. Love the RPG elements. Having a great time playing with friends. If you are looking for an RPG this is for you.. if you want a COD like shooter, look elsewhere
  21. Mar 9, 2016
    Game is so boring feels like a generic MMO even in the official Steam page of the game plenty of people are feeling dissapointed. Same missions, same enemy models, your main target its farming equipment in pvp zone doing the same and the same things most of the time and as about storyline well just FORGET IT (actually if you care about Single player with a deep storytelling you will beGame is so boring feels like a generic MMO even in the official Steam page of the game plenty of people are feeling dissapointed. Same missions, same enemy models, your main target its farming equipment in pvp zone doing the same and the same things most of the time and as about storyline well just FORGET IT (actually if you care about Single player with a deep storytelling you will be very disappointed).. Thank you Ubi for one more piece of s*** which only MMO fanboys think as interesting everyone else just hates it or gets bored quickly Expand
  22. Mar 8, 2016
    This is a fine game extremely overpriced. I see a lot of people happy because Ubisoft managed to make a descent average game, really sad, it's ok to thumbs up and improvement but don't left behind all the lacks.
  23. Mar 23, 2016
    While 'Tom Clancy's The Division' is a change of pace for the franchise itself, the fact of the matter is, The Division hasn't done anything new or unique that games such as Borderlands has already done in the past, in a much more interesting and colorful way.

It's fighting the same enemies, walking through the same landscapes, finding the same unimaginative equipment and doing the same quests over and over again that makes The Division such a boring plight of a game.

It looks good and I think that with a little more work, effort, polish and imagination this game could have been something wonderful instead of something simply mediocre.
  24. Apr 20, 2016
    Awesome graphics, fun gameplay co-op with friends. Everything this game does right is ruined by : Cheaters, exploiters, glitches and incompetent developers.
  25. May 23, 2016
    There is 1 build in this game; Arms and Stamina stacking.
    The best developers could muster for gameplay was 15 waves of overpowered shotgun snipers.
    The bugs were amazing.. So amazing you dont even need to do the content, you simply grind glitches.

Me and my mates laster lasted about 3 weeks on this game.. Dont waste your money.
  26. Apr 25, 2016
    Visually looks great, other than that very basic aspects of the game are broken especially on PC. There is no anti cheat in this game, if you go into the dark zone it is likely you will run into a hacker either teleporting across the map instakilling you or shooting through walls with a rate of fire hack. The worst punishment a hacker will receive is a 3 day bad with no stat/item resetsVisually looks great, other than that very basic aspects of the game are broken especially on PC. There is no anti cheat in this game, if you go into the dark zone it is likely you will run into a hacker either teleporting across the map instakilling you or shooting through walls with a rate of fire hack. The worst punishment a hacker will receive is a 3 day bad with no stat/item resets and then will just go back to hacking. If you have a console play this game there since you will only have to deal with glitchers (regening heath/ extra armor past the cap/ 100x damage) but hey at least they cant teleport. Expand
  27. May 19, 2016
    Beware! this product has some of unbelievable and unlogical design decision in history of gaming.
    COMPETITIVE MMO AAA RPG with no cheat detection...full support of injecting dll's...and most funny is resource limit 999... your inventory has more slot than stash.... it started as limited see videos cinematic effects trailer hyper then downgrading graphics delaying as much as you can , then fragmenting the content into dlc's , release and make money on same content twice (on unfinished product)... other independted studio need to stay 2 years in beta...but when you have publisher like this you can force for quick crashgrab...
  28. May 14, 2016
    The Pve part is great, engaging story and it's fun upgrading your toons. Where is suffers is to remain competitive you have to go into PVP in "the dark zone" where it's a griefers paradise. And when the Rogue types kill you it's bye bye to experience, money and keys. If the game had a pve version of the dark zone this would be a 9 or 10 game. As it is, I'd recommend you pass on it.
  29. Jan 13, 2017
    Best game ever! No need to download, no need to upgrade hardwares, no more injured hand and arms, no more spine-neuro SNAPPING noises inside your head! Last longer than Rise Of The Tomb Raider. Super innovated high techs that everyone buys! Very time saving! Any other companies not making games like this should be gunned down!
  30. Mar 3, 2017
    A year after release this game is still broken and plagued by bugs and connection problems. Often these bugs are game breaking and prevent you from advancing a mission or incursion. Also often drop connection or get in matchmaking only to end up matched with people you have a terrible connection to.
    Chat is not localized either so it's full of chinese/korean spammers and russians doing whatever russians do.

The end game is nothing but an endless grind for gear. You can get geared up in 1 night and spend the rest of your time doing the same stuff over and over again for a minor increase in stats.
    The season pass was a scam as well with worthless content that nobody plays and you cannot find a group for 95% of the time.
    Avoid this crap even if it's on sale
  31. Jul 8, 2016
    Really enjoyed the game when I started with Patch 1.1.

The game is demanding and will need decent hardware to make enjoyable. The game play mechanics are good. No input lag, smooth and responsive. The cover system is ok, but mostly just use it to hide when low on health. The talent system is kinda useless, but the skill is want make you a different play style (ie TANK, DPS,
    Really enjoyed the game when I started with Patch 1.1.

The talent system is kinda useless, but the skill is want make you a different play style (ie TANK, DPS, Healer)

The story mode was ok, but just a warm up for the end game content.

Patch 1.2 came, and I still enjoyed the game, the Dark Zone was a bit better. (it was free content after all)

1.1 has NO content. Only one new raid that required 4 players, the rest were a replay of mission just with harder NPC's

Patch 1.3 came, and I hate it. The developers decided the way I played the game was not how they wanted me to play it. So they made changes the existing gear, really Nerf it. Made the dark zone EVEN harder so you MUST have a full party that is well geared or No way you are having fun.

So, in other words, they said hey.,,we don't want you to play this way, GO buy the DLC, farm the DLC content for better gear so you can actually have fun in the Dark Zone.

When DLC 2 comes, they will DO it again i'm afraid. Nerf anything you really worked for, then make all the gear available in DLC again, or Dark Zone will be a frustrating and boring.

If they didn't nerf all the exiting gear, but just made better gear in DLC for the new DLC content and made new Dark Zone areas for DLC, (not just raise the NPC level to make it more difficult) and left all non DLC content the same or similar, then I would still really enjoy the game. But 1.3 came and I don't want to spend another 80+ hours just to play in the dark zone and have fun.

So the over night, my build was Less effective about 1/2 DPS of what it was in 1.2, but I am now forced Into 231+ Dark zone where I can't have fun without new gear. Gear I can't get without buying the DLC.

I went from playing almost every day to Nothing just like that. I lost ALL interest in the game with in 10 minutes of playing the 1.3 patch. I was really disappointed. I felt betrayed. I don't want to live through this again the next DLC.

This is why I am rating this game low. It is not worth playing unless you keep buying DLC and like being forced to play the developer's way.
  32. May 16, 2016
    Really fun game, but it does get stale after a while. Still worth it if you got it on sale. I feel the game lacks any good PvP game play, the Dark Zone just doesn't cut it, and the missions aren't as replayable as I hoped. Still looks beautiful can be fun for the weekend.
  33. Apr 27, 2016
    Note: Reviews should be consider with 30hrs-40hrs of gameplay and has beaten the game, anything less is a waste of time. The game isn't worth the $60.00 price tag, there is no anti-hack (you would think that the DEV's or Ubisoft would have one before being shipped to the customers) and here are some other examples of why.

1. Can't use my Crossfire set up, I have to disable one of the

1. Can't use my Crossfire set up, I have to disable one of the cards so I can play without having graphic issues. Yes my drivers are up to date.
    2. Endgame is bad and is unsatisfying, with a $60.00 price tag and to end it like they did, it burns me.
    3. Character Creation is basic, with all the work they put into the World, levels textures, lighting and effects, clothing and this is what you get, a few faces with a few hairstyles and tattoos?
    4. Really no replay value, unless you really want to replay the same mission over & over & over & over again with friends or without before moving off to another game.
    5. The Incursions are linear in design (what a waste with all that effort the DEV's did in building that world) .
    6. Pvp, Rogue, Crafting and Loot system is broken and terribly unbalanced, plus there is really no point to make the effort to grind at all in the Dark Zone. Especially if your a new player trying to grind solo for better equipment or to complete your DZ daily mission or trying to grind to craft better equipment. Check the Steam forums for additional problems
    7. Enemies re-spawning / appearing out of nowhere (DZ is really bad).
    8. Boss's in the game are just bullet sponges and it gets worst as the player progresses in the story. Instead of one magazine worth of bullets in the beginning and by the time player hits the middle of the story, it would take about 5-10 magazines worth of bullets. By the time the player is near the end of the story, they will need a restock box to refill their inventory of bullets.

This game doesn't deserve the Tom Clancy's title
  34. Jun 9, 2016
    the main story game play was great. then i hit the end game and it was just terrible. there is no reason to play once you beat the main content. any other similar game offers you long duration end game content with multiple items for you to personally aim for to enhance your desired class and you look forward to getting it but in this game all that you can look forward to is disappointmentthe main story game play was great. then i hit the end game and it was just terrible. there is no reason to play once you beat the main content. any other similar game offers you long duration end game content with multiple items for you to personally aim for to enhance your desired class and you look forward to getting it but in this game all that you can look forward to is disappointment as you receive time after time some random item which will likely turn out to be junk. there is no unique classes and so few useful weapons outside of the smg category and 1 marksman rifle. to use any other weapon or to specialize outside of these few skills would put you at a significant disadvantage.

the crafting system is poorly designed, the weapon balance is none existent, the game modes are too short and unimaginative.there is zero reason to specialize your skills, the game itself is unstable and often has significant fps drops for no reason, gear sets are unimaginative and often unbalance the game even further. the RNG is the worst i have ever seen in a game and renders the majority of items useless.

basically every single pve and role play element of the divisions end game is terrible
  35. Apr 18, 2016
    Most buggy game and everytime you are running like an idiot in NY and fighting bots.
    this game is like Watch Dogs 2, if you didnt log in for 2day+ so everyone will be strong than you,
  36. Apr 19, 2016
    Game started out fun. The leveling was pretty good, and the first chunk of end game at level cap was fun. Then you get to the point that you do in every loot based game ever. You grind your BiS loot out. Apparently that's not ok for massive. Players getting loot this fast is bad... Which is a sentiment you could maybe understand if they weren't pushing TWO updates within 2.5 months ofGame started out fun. The leveling was pretty good, and the first chunk of end game at level cap was fun. Then you get to the point that you do in every loot based game ever. You grind your BiS loot out. Apparently that's not ok for massive. Players getting loot this fast is bad... Which is a sentiment you could maybe understand if they weren't pushing TWO updates within 2.5 months of release that both require increasingly higher gear levels to actually have a shot at completing.

The base game is probably worth the $60, but patch 1.1 is garbage.
  37. Apr 25, 2016
    It doesn't bring anything to the table. Boring after 2 hrs of gameplay. If you want an easy game with ok graphics and not challenging at all, then buy it!
  38. Apr 28, 2016
    Hello. The bug where rogues/PVPs can shoot through the map in the DZ, is going to . Punishing these players for this exploit would also be appreciated. Unfair to the other players.

Suggestion: Substract all the levels they earned in the DZ with this exploit, if this info is available to you. If not, just substract an average of 20% off their levels. (i.e. 15-20 lvls if level 80) The

The 'agents' in this case are: It's a very promising game, it would be a shame. Please fix in the next changelog!!!
  39. May 3, 2016
    Despite what you have read this is an MMO. If you do not like PVP this game will end very quickly for you

Quests outside of 'daily's' and the Dark Zone (pvp enabled quest area) are very limited but still very fun for the few days that they are original. It is very enticing up to that end game content (again a week probs) and you will enjoy it with a group or on your own. You're looking at about a weeks play perhaps sooner if you have a high level friend that wants to race you through. I don't recommend that as you become a mere spectator in missions as his level dictates how strong the enemies are.

So it's been a few days and you're at end game.

There is plenty of customisation available to make the agent you desire. You can be an in your face shotgun playa or you can hang back and provide support to the team with great heals or big damage bombs. Much like any MMO there are a lot of build customisation options. I'd go as far to say more options than a usual MMO, build wise. Perhaps solely because no cookie cutter builds are really documented as yet. It's great but with the lacklustre controls that are the result of a console port it's easy to get stuck on the cover you intended to jump with guns blazing enough to eliminate the enemy twice over... Instead you're still stuck on the front bumper of a burnt out car saying 'one sec please' just gotta get unstuck by this car.. gonna jump right over.. wait no i'm still stuc on the other side but just wanting to separate and I got this... one sec no on the bonnet now just gimme another moment man.. actually can you please tell that grenade guy not to send his 13th grenade because I am still stuck and really that isn't fair. Who takes 13 grenades into a fight.

This game is enticing much in the way the Diablo 3 was. In fact it is a very similar game except for 3rd person / first person combat style. It does incorporate PVP however they've actually made attempts to balance it and you'll find yourself compelled to fill that gap in your item list just to compete. There's no auction house so it does feel good when you get an upgrade. Just know you'll fee bored with repetition until you finally get the item that fills a gap and can actually be used.

I'm enjoying playing this but not sure if it just due to lack of a better game to play or i really like it
  40. Oct 27, 2016
    Very Repetitive, I tried to like this game but when you need a thousand bullets to kill something gets trying very fast, As for the DZ Isn't that a fun place to go has to be the most frustrating experience ever and I don't go their now.
    As for the server maintenance down 1-2 times a week for 3 hours sorry I'm over it and have moved on to a new game, I doubt I will be buying wildlands
  41. Mar 24, 2016
    Ubisoft said this would be a solo game with optional pvp in their interviews, so I bought it.
    What they didn't tell you are:
    *best loot is found in the DZ(pvp) *the endgame is the DZ I don't get that companies do this kind of crap all the time. Making pve people forced to do the game mode that they don't want. If i want to be camp sniped when entering an area i would have bought DayZ.
    What they didn't tell you are:
    *best loot is found in the DZ(pvp)
    *the endgame is the DZ
    I don't get that companies do this kind of crap all the time. Making pve people forced to do the game mode that they don't want. If i want to be camp sniped when entering an area i would have bought DayZ. Really disappointed.
    It has that feel of "Make your own story" kinda game because the devs could not be bothered to write a real good one.
    Despite it's good graphics, it's just an f2p game with a AAA price when you realize the small content that it has.
    I'm done with this game.
  42. Apr 2, 2016
    Pretty disappointed by Ubisoft:
    Repetitive side missions, route repetition, bad, and easily exploitable multiplayer function and end game content, slow progression in banning blatant multihack users (Aimbot, 1 Hit kill, Shooting through objects, & teleporting around the map) etc:
    Pretty disappointed by Ubisoft:
    The environment looks nice map is rather large immersive, and graphics are rather nice when turned up. but nothing really creative has been done with it, copy and paste side missions and railed story missions and challenges, no decision mechanics in such a large game. boring as **** loot grind that no one but the lifers will ever really bother with, horribly delayed shot registration, half assed server tick rate, multiplayer disconnects, and broken Uplay functionality hobble what could have been a great game.

so much potential flushed down the drain really could have been one of the best games in a long time but it will turn out to be an over priced flavor of the month exercise in mediocrity and corporate powered game creation.
  43. Apr 4, 2016
    REPETITIVE as hell. The weapons sounds like toy guns, the whole gameplay is just not fun and the buildings look boring and the whole scenario looks repetitive. Overrated as always, another dissapointment that was acclaimed by the so called "professional reviewers". Probably they just don't care about game quality anymore, they just recycled aspects from other 3rd person shooters, nothingREPETITIVE as hell. The weapons sounds like toy guns, the whole gameplay is just not fun and the buildings look boring and the whole scenario looks repetitive. Overrated as always, another dissapointment that was acclaimed by the so called "professional reviewers". Probably they just don't care about game quality anymore, they just recycled aspects from other 3rd person shooters, nothing new nothing fresh.

44. Apr 12, 2016
    The Division is a game that lacks a lot of things.

Expectations were high when the game was released, and yet it crushed all hope set in it. I don't even know where to start... first, I played it ~41 hours in all possible ways, a lot of PvE, a lot of PvP, solo, in groups, etc. So you know what my opinion is based upon. So let's start. First of all the graphics. While The Division
    The Division is a game that lacks a lot of things.

So let's start.

First of all the graphics. While The Division looks really good, it is not as good as seen in several trailers (which is a quite common problem with games, I guess). Also, you'll experience significant FPS drops while playing, for no reason. This could be caused by your PC, but most likely, it's a server-sided problem.

Next point: the servers are very, very unstable, resulting in random disconnects, login problems and all the other known issues. Plus the servers aren't divided into areas, it's quite possible for you to read korean, russian and a lot of other languages in the chats.

Now the multiplayer. Well. Cooperative is fun with friends, gotta admit, and playing with a good team is really cool. But on the other side, the Dark Zone (open PvP zone with PvE elements) and all its gameplay is neither balanced, nor fair, nor funny. It's grinding, and nothing else, just grinding, all the time.

Yet another problem in this game: Its items, its inventory, its weapons. The weapon system is similar to that of Borderlands/Borderlands 2, meaining the weapons have levels which define a weapons traits, like damage per second (DPS) and skills. The inventory itself is very overloaded and confusing, it'll take a while until you can actually handle it.

But now, something more positive: the games missions and plot. Most missions are very, very repetitive, you do them in the one sector, after having finished them, you proceed to the next one, do the same ones again, and all the same again. Sounds not very positive? True, but most missions are good ones in the first place, they just start getting boring after a few hours. The plot itself is interesting, and the whole game shows a realistic post-apocalyptic Manhattan after a huge catastrophe. The atmosphere is really good and immersive, and by collecting various collectibles, you'll get a lot of side informations about what could happen in an apocalyptic scenario, but also about main characters, villains etc. The plot itself is okay, with the Division being a secret government department which is activated after the catastrophe became too hard to handle for other departments, such as police and army (JTF, in this game, =Joint Task Force). But well, that's pretty much it.

Overall, this game can be very frustrating, boring and repetitive, especially after you finished the main storyline, but it can also be funny in multiplayer - beside technical difficulties and bugs. What annoys me the most is the lost potential, because Manhattan, even though it looks graphically good, seems so... lifeless and empty. There's not much to do for you except missions and occasionally help a citizen, and this is just a waste for the good and interesting setting.

Because of all of this, it gets 3/10 from me.
  45. Apr 13, 2016
    The design decisions by the development team behind this game are unbelievably bad and nonsensical, as a long time gamer my final impression is that the developers don't know what they are doing at all. This game is so incredibly dull and boring I have never been so turned off by a game before in my life, I'm actually a little offended at how lazily this thing was put together.

Many of

Many of the design decisions make absolutely no sense and the PC port is complete garbage, and on top of that the game itself is boring as hell. You spend 90% of your time just running around looking for some NPCs/Rogues/Agents to kill the end game content consists of harder versions of the same missions you'd completed dozens of times while leveling... the Dark Zone is the sole redeeming factor of this game because it's tends to be actually FUN in stark contrast to the rest of the game, however without any structure it's just a sandbox pew pew fest for trolls and lols and it's very, very uneven considering how some players are super geared from farming exploits which are RAMPANT in this game.

NO end game exclusive content , just the same crap over, and over. Oh Incursions you say?! They are just a warehouse you fight waves of enemies in! That's right! This is one of the most underdeveloped, boring, monotonous, laziest game Ubisoft has made since Watchdogs. Ubisoft has lost me as a customer, I will never again buy one of their games without waiting for in-depth reviews and I would recommend you do the same. Unless you really liked this game in which case you are insane, because it's complete, utter garbage.
  46. Apr 10, 2016
    The game has the potential to be great. Unfortunately it was made by Ubisoft. Extremely unstable and if you do manage to get into the game long enough to play it, there is so little pve game play outside the hacker infested pvp zone it's just not worth your time. Plus if you want any extra content (if / when it arrives) you better get out your wallet AGAIN as it's all going to be behindThe game has the potential to be great. Unfortunately it was made by Ubisoft. Extremely unstable and if you do manage to get into the game long enough to play it, there is so little pve game play outside the hacker infested pvp zone it's just not worth your time. Plus if you want any extra content (if / when it arrives) you better get out your wallet AGAIN as it's all going to be behind the season pass. Expand
  47. Apr 3, 2016
    This is another game that continues the recently popular Diablo with guns genre. This one is especially boring this time around with a piss poor PVP system and an extremely MMO like emphasis on grinding. In short it's Destiny in a different setting which boils down to uninspired Skinner box **** only this time even the PVP is awful.
  48. Apr 15, 2016
    The game is repetitive, the pvp is riddle with game breaking bugs and exploits, cheating is rampant on PC. The developers clearly can't handle a AAA release like this, as each patch there are more glitches that go on without patch. Most of the userbase uses exploits to gain advantage without any punishment by the developers. So yeah, if you want to cheat, use a bunch of exploits and don'tThe game is repetitive, the pvp is riddle with game breaking bugs and exploits, cheating is rampant on PC. The developers clearly can't handle a AAA release like this, as each patch there are more glitches that go on without patch. Most of the userbase uses exploits to gain advantage without any punishment by the developers. So yeah, if you want to cheat, use a bunch of exploits and don't mind the repetitive content, this is the game for you. Expand
  49. Apr 14, 2016
    I really tried to like this game, the systems looked interesting and the graphics were suppose to be something we hadn't really seen in a online shooter before, for the most part Ubisoft and Massive delivered, well sort of.
    The graphics were dumbed downed, the features they promised are there, but in a somewhat diminished capacity from what was originally promised, I can't really blame them though, the game still looks fantastic.

The Problem is with the artificial scaling, lack of meaningful content at endgame, repetitive nature of the dailies and the boundless, exploits, glitches and hackers, ohhh god the hackers....
    The dark zone has become polluted with too many cheaters to be really fun, the drop rates have been nerfed and then now they are guarenteed, but only the gear that drops is no longer relevant so you will likely only get something useful maybe 2-4% of the time. The addition of Supply Drops, meant to be a catalyzing force to draw players together, do just that. but the stuff that drops out of it is so meaningless most of the time, your hoping players show up because they likely have better loot, yea you don't have to extract it but after clearing dozens of these things, the best piece of gear i got was something I had already gotten from the raid/Incursion. That brings me to my next point, the Incursion, cause there is only to one right now and to be honest it is god awful, yes there were some new enemy types and yes there was the slight introduction of what would be considered mechanics, but it can all be ignored and glitched so you don't actually have to fight any of it, chessing the boss directly which the just drops your loot and de-spawns all the enemies, no mess, fuss, no hassle just free loot.

So what does all this mean to the game, well as many other have already stated the game is basically a Diablo style game with guns, set in third person and if you like that style of game, of runnign the same thing over and over and over again just on the of chance you will get something that is slightly better than what you got from it already then even still this game is mediocre at best, looks great, astonishing at times, down right annoying at others (snowstorms come to mind). but in the end even a mediocre game is marred by exploits, glitches and hackers. I can't rightly recommend this game to anyone in its current state, and if the patches and fix priority that the developers have shown so far, not any time in the near future either.

Verdict: Go play a real shooter if you want to player a shooter. Go play a real Rpg if you want to play an Rpg. This game does a disservice to both genres, and it had so much potential too, the developers missed the ball by a long shot here.
  50. Apr 18, 2016
    Leveling to 30 is fun. After that, the game is repeating all of the same mistakes that Diablo 3 made at launch. The loot is terrible and based on layers upon layers of RNG. The crafting system is terrible, especially after the nerf to crafting mats. The Dark Zone is unplayable due to hacks and no anti-cheat software. The game had so much potential that was ruined by an inexperiencedLeveling to 30 is fun. After that, the game is repeating all of the same mistakes that Diablo 3 made at launch. The loot is terrible and based on layers upon layers of RNG. The crafting system is terrible, especially after the nerf to crafting mats. The Dark Zone is unplayable due to hacks and no anti-cheat software. The game had so much potential that was ruined by an inexperienced and inept developer. Expand
  51. Mar 20, 2016
    Looks pretty and handles well. Thats about it, sub-par everything else. The shift from leveling to end game grinding is harsh making it super repetitive. The DZ holds little value and seems tacked on. The game seemed like a really good concept but poorly executed. Something about pve mobs taking entire clips from military weapons and still going is also very immersion breaking.
  52. Mar 21, 2016
    what really really bugs me about this game is the enemys. no motion capture used at all, they run around like they have come straight from syphon filter 1 on the original playstation. a kind of wooden leg **** themselves type of run. can take 5 steps to get nowhere doing a forward moonwalk. they have no detail all lookng the same and will run towards you even when your locked on shootingwhat really really bugs me about this game is the enemys. no motion capture used at all, they run around like they have come straight from syphon filter 1 on the original playstation. a kind of wooden leg **** themselves type of run. can take 5 steps to get nowhere doing a forward moonwalk. they have no detail all lookng the same and will run towards you even when your locked on shooting in there face. years spent making the game look decent then a day copy and pasting said enemy all over the map. they look ****e! gameplay is basically use 1000 bullets killing 5 enemys. run a few blocks do the same again. boring. more realistic characters with better a.i and no bullet sponges would have made the game playable for me Expand
  53. Mar 22, 2016
    A game with a story that could be very good if he knew enjoy the story, but takes nothing from this, no plot, no direction, the game is based on completing missions and return to base from the beginning to the end. Aboard the story a silent agent expressionless, which further takes the life and naturalness of the game. Extremely repetitive and with a covers-based gameplay whose programmingA game with a story that could be very good if he knew enjoy the story, but takes nothing from this, no plot, no direction, the game is based on completing missions and return to base from the beginning to the end. Aboard the story a silent agent expressionless, which further takes the life and naturalness of the game. Extremely repetitive and with a covers-based gameplay whose programming is locked too and that makes it impossible evasive movement in hindering battles more than helping. Performance impaired due to lack of optimization in the PC version, causes a GTX980 can not render addition to 50fps even saving on some graphic quality details. The unbalanced difficulty and an average online co-op that only pleases the less critical players!

Another prematurely abandoned game in Steam's library!

Try next time UBI, it seems that does not learn from their mistakes!
  54. Apr 18, 2016
    It's worse than the worst update of Destiny. Repetitive as hell. No end game. Awful loot. Not even funny with friends. Stupid beyond stupid when a 32 level enemy can kill you with one hit of a golf club (!!!) and you need to stick 20 heavy sniper explosive bullets in his brain to kill him. Avoid.
  55. Apr 12, 2016
    Dull game Ubisoft. The only thing we can say thank you schedule not so much deteriorated and a good atmosphere.

In the game there is no plot, no normal multiplayer on the PC version of cheaters like **** Play Ubisoft in it yourself.
  56. Apr 13, 2016
    What a Disaster no not the setting, but the Division as a game from a player stand point, developed by Massive or as they should be known "Massive Failure"

1. Server Issues at launch, 2.Game Breaking bugs, From accounts locked out to people stuck @ story mode sequences, rampant hacking in the DZ, Crazy amount of farm exploits and level glitches, DZ level farming exploit, The back pack

1. Server Issues at launch,
    2.Game Breaking bugs,
    From accounts locked out to people stuck @ story mode sequences, rampant hacking in the DZ, Crazy amount of farm exploits and level glitches, DZ level farming exploit, The back pack lockout bug, and after 3. first patch = massive hit registration lag, crashes, & more broken accounts
    4. incursions launched, people had all their Agents Deleted & Accounts reset or Deleted, as well as some people getting their DZ levels Reset. Missing, inventory items,
    5. Despite the Devs supposedly testing the incursion there where people farming the incursion exploiting the APC shooting bug, Massive Failure
    6. No Anti-cheat in the game at all, that they promised to have at launch, Hackers Rage hacking around the DZ **** on players all day.... this game is the single biggest disappointment in gaming history.
    7. Repetitive, Boring, Grindy Gameplay. With **** rewards for your time.

Ubi**** and Massive Failure should both be sued into nonexistence for this pathetic attempt at a product.
  57. Apr 18, 2016
    At first glance The Division looks like a gem, but peel back that deceiving outer layer & what you really have is another polished turd from the "wonderful" folks at Ubisoft.

It's boring, it's bland, it's empty, it's lacklustre, it's repetitive, it's generic, it's buggy, it's deceiving, & it's borderline terrible. It has no variety &, worst of all, it lacks any creativity. What makes

What makes this game tolerable is having friends to play it with.

Tom Clancy’s The Repetition™
  58. Apr 20, 2016
    The bad

The amount of bugs and glitches in this game would even shame Bethesda. The dark zone is a complete mess, there needs to be more than just the under 160 and above 160 gear score zones. Hackers are running rampant in the dark zone, I am fine with getting destroyed by some one with better gear or better skill but having hackers telaport around and wasting the entire server is
    The bad

The amount of bugs and glitches in this game would even shame Bethesda.

The dark zone is a complete mess, there needs to be more than just the under 160 and above 160 gear score zones. Hackers are running rampant in the dark zone, I am fine with getting destroyed by some one with better gear or better skill but having hackers telaport around and wasting the entire server is just a joke.

The games content is extremely grindy even before end game, every mission or encounter is the exact same.

Incursion is just one giant meat grinder. Survive wave after wave in the same small area, with 0 save points. I can understand why people would rather glitch it then run it right, there is nothing rewarding about the gameplay in this mission.

The Good

The game looks great, does it look as good as they promised, no but it still looks great.

The atmosphere is amazing, this alone is keeping me playing the game.

This game has great potential but needed another year in development.
  59. Apr 20, 2016
    Hackers Hackers Hackers Hackers do i have to say anymore all across the worldwide pc gaming community on gaming websites and forums from America Australia and Germany and everywhere in between theres one hot topic The Division and the Hackfest the Dark Zone has become, Ubisoft WTF are you blind indifferent or just dont give a f!!! now you got your hundreds of millions from sales. ImHackers Hackers Hackers Hackers do i have to say anymore all across the worldwide pc gaming community on gaming websites and forums from America Australia and Germany and everywhere in between theres one hot topic The Division and the Hackfest the Dark Zone has become, Ubisoft WTF are you blind indifferent or just dont give a f!!! now you got your hundreds of millions from sales. Im disgusted in Ubisofts ignorance and apparent disregard for the problem ignoring posts from pc gamers pleading for a little fair play Ubisoft you are LOSING THE COMMUNITY act now before its to late and try to win back the respect of your customors Expand
  60. Apr 20, 2016
    PVE is good, story line is fun to play, but once you get into dark zone (PVP area) is basically cheater area, if you are not using any hack you are just a sheep in a wolf den, getting kill over and over by teleporter who can 1 shot you through any walls with their aim bot. (Right now Ubisoft not doing anything about hackers so unless you find the hack, otherwise don't even buy it)
  61. Apr 21, 2016
    the game would be awesome but basically unplayable right now on pc because it is full of hackers they can fly teleport through walls one shot you when you are behind cover if this is fixed iwould easily give it a 8/10 but dont get this game the way it is ubi isnt doing anything about all the hackers i have seen the same one for a week and seen many many videos of him hacking obviosly they dgaf
  62. Apr 22, 2016
    Worst aquisition of 2016, boring, repetitive, lot of bugs, no protection from hackers. Game looks like a Beta Version. I'll never buy a Ubisoft game again.
  63. Mar 30, 2016
    1º The downgrade , 2º Really bugisoft you need to create new enemies (Please) 3º Farm, farm , farm , farm more my friend, 4º Go to darkzone and... YES GO FARMING MORE, The most important .... If you are going to play this alone PLEASE Don't do it, You need 4 or more friends for play ALWAYS in team.. Or you are going to boring in 10 hours or less (Bad english sorry)
  64. May 12, 2016
    A terrible game once you get past the introduction (the first 30 levels).

A terrible game once you get past the introduction (the first 30 levels).

Gameplay is repetitive, glitchy and dull as anything once the shine wears off. Game is full of trolls in the PvPvE "dark zone". The PC version is also beset with hackers and exploiters. While Ubisoft now seem to be giving temporary bans to cheaters, they don't seem to be doing nothing to remove gear gained from hacks/exploits from players which means there's a Massive imbalance in Massive's vision of forced PvP.

Oh and good luck getting the equipment you need. You need to kill something like 12,000 bosses (source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQJAarzogn8) to get a gun with the stats you like. Have fun.
  65. Apr 22, 2016
    Jogo com erros grotescos que infelizmente mataram o game ! parece que o jogo esta em fase alfa, e que não passou por nenhum tipo de vistoria antes de lançar infelizmente mais um jogo mal acabado que a UBISOFT teve capacidade de lançar !
  66. Mar 30, 2016
    Tom Clancy's The Division was a game with a lot of expectations, but achieved little. The story had a lot of potential, however, it is very badly told, and became disappointing. The gameplay is simple, do not have anything different or innovative (has RPG elements). The missions are repetitive and after a long time playing becomes boring. The game is visually beautiful, it is true, howeverTom Clancy's The Division was a game with a lot of expectations, but achieved little. The story had a lot of potential, however, it is very badly told, and became disappointing. The gameplay is simple, do not have anything different or innovative (has RPG elements). The missions are repetitive and after a long time playing becomes boring. The game is visually beautiful, it is true, however there is a huge downgrade. The soundtrack is okay. Overall, The Division is a normal game is not innovative, is not a remarkable game and neither is a game of the year, the multiplayer is what saves this game, The Division is a disappointment, to which may be the disappointment of the year Ubisoft did not yield what it promised. 6/10 Expand
  67. Apr 28, 2016
    An incredible beautiful game graphically, audio and UI wise. You feel you are in New York for real.
    But the game has no meaning as long as the cheat prevention is absent. You will miss half the game because og this. Hence you are stuck with lots of gear you have no use for. The use of aimbots and wallhacks are extreme, and nothing is done to remove it.
  68. Mar 25, 2016
    I was very torn between giving this an 8 or a 7. I would've gone with 8 for breadth alone, it is a very large and fleshed out game, but it's scale doesn't cover its lack of depth.

The Division is, without a doubt, a huge undertaking to have accomplished, but in the end it feels like an unfinished project, moreso it feels like half of a game. I was only able to make it to 28 before becoming completely uninterested in maxing out, only to collect a few more items and try the same few missions on another difficulty.

In the end, The Division feels like another play-and-put down AAA title that I've become all too accustomed to seeing. Huge budget, zero heart.
  69. May 12, 2016
    The game is a piece of sh.. it, the worst way i had to spend my fathers money, hell if you buy cigarrets instead of this game its a better choice than this CANCER. The game its a SCAM by Ubisoft as usual...
  70. Apr 10, 2016
    Moderately good, if repetitive PvE experience that lasts about 15-20 hours. After that, the rest of the game is a grindy, poorly implemented, poorly considered game. The Darkzone(PVP) is a steaming pile of cheaters, exploiters, and outright hackers. Enemy players constantly teleport and one-shot you with aimbots, and UBIsoft/Massive do nothing about it.

The game is also unnecessarily

The game is also unnecessarily burdened with daily and weekly lockout timers on content. This isn't a subscription-based game, and there's no need for it. Because of those lockouts, people exploit game bugs to farm more quickly than you can by playing legitimately.

The entire game is an overall mess. I don't know what they were thinking when they designed it. Pass on this title. Wait a year or so until all the bugs and content are updated, and HOPE that it goes on sale.
  71. kbx
    Mar 21, 2016
    Empty shell of a game is a best description for this product. I will not complain about graphics, despite the downgrade its still very pretty game. Sound is also very good. The overall feeling of the post-virus NY is great. But all other aspects of the game are just bad or boring or both. There are no interesting plot, no interesting characters, no interesting dialogues, no interstingEmpty shell of a game is a best description for this product. I will not complain about graphics, despite the downgrade its still very pretty game. Sound is also very good. The overall feeling of the post-virus NY is great. But all other aspects of the game are just bad or boring or both. There are no interesting plot, no interesting characters, no interesting dialogues, no intersting enemies, no interesting bosses. It feels like they made this visually interesting world and forgot to put some interesting things into it. Ubi should buy private lessons of how to make a good game at CDPR headquarters. Expand
  72. Mar 12, 2016
    It's a moderate shooter game with good graphics. there's nothing special about it.
    If you were expecting a tactical shooter game with touching scenario or great scenes, you were certainly wrong.
    I would say it's one of the best examples of scam. The marketing team of this game did a great job. They showed 10 but the end product has only 2~3. It had such great potential but Ubisoft

I would say it's one of the best examples of scam.
    It had such great potential but Ubisoft ruined it like always.
    I just cannot believe it took more than about 4 years to make the game.
    It's either the devs ran out of budget/time or the director/person in charge does not have passion.

Rest in peace Tom Clancy. Ubisoft did a **** job even for your posthumous work...

(I've posted the same review on the ps4 version by accident.. )
  73. Mar 19, 2016
    Positives are:
    - Graphics, sounddesign and 3rd person movement is top notch
    - Is fun when playing with friends, this kinda overshadows how mediocre the gameplay is It's an average game, simple entertainment for the simple mind. Division is a typical AAA product, on the outside nice and shiny, on the inside mundane and primitive systems reveal themselves. Carrot on a stick:
    Positives are:
    - Graphics, sounddesign and 3rd person movement is top notch

Carrot on a stick: Basically the whole game revolves around you searching for loot in order to be stronger than your enemies, there no other real substance right now, but this will probably be covered by all the pay DLC that they have planned out for the 1 year to finish their game and provide more worthwhile content, or they deliver a batch of more stale Fast Food, we will see.

This gear dependency alone makes PVP a chore to balance and to set foot in as casual gamers, let alone enjoy the Dark Zone with it's severe penalties to engage in PVP. It's like the game highly encourages you to stick to pve or create a second character where you can cut away the risk of losing loot.

I can understand when people enjoy the simple things, but this turn off brain & shoot everything game shows me that the AAA industry has no balls or are simply not willing to release something really worthwhile. This is basically the Destiny formula in a modern setting, with a nice carrot on a stick as core mechanic to keep people interested. I already see streamer after streamer getting bored from the game, since it's really all the same over and over.

Wait for a sale where they sell everything for 30 bucks. imo the game is not worth more than that.
  74. Mar 25, 2016
    I give this game a 5/10 just because it was free with my GPU. Other than that I feel like it is absolute garbage and nothing like the E3 Demo suggest.. Tedious and repetitive come to mind.
  75. Apr 14, 2016
    The game have good mechanics and engine. But it was an unfinished release filled with tons of exploits. This is what happens when a game is released without beta. They finally fixed the hospital, police academy, Lincoln Tunnel exploits. But new exploit with the shield still works at police academy and now incursion. All the casuals now are left behind in the loot ladder and are at a hugeThe game have good mechanics and engine. But it was an unfinished release filled with tons of exploits. This is what happens when a game is released without beta. They finally fixed the hospital, police academy, Lincoln Tunnel exploits. But new exploit with the shield still works at police academy and now incursion. All the casuals now are left behind in the loot ladder and are at a huge disadvantage in the DZ. Expand
  76. Mar 29, 2016
    +1 Graphics - Game gets a lot of crap for not living up to graphics in commercials and events. That being said it has great graphics.

+1 3rd person shooter - Although when using a scope on a sniper it becomes a less interested FPS this is a great COVERBASED 3rd person shooter which the PS4 needed. +1 Mods More in depth weapon modding than Destiny had. Although game is pretty lame in

+1 Mods More in depth weapon modding than Destiny had. Although game is pretty lame in the fact the currently everyone builds a Vector, which is instantly give you a huge power buff. I wish after level 30 there were multiple paths that made since but currently building Vector is the only logical direction.

Problems - Going Rouge in Dark zone is not worth it
    - After you play through game the world is pointless, only the instanced dailies and dark zone matter. The rest of the work is just a waste of space you have to fast travel over.
    - Shotguns are terrible. Sub machine guns destroy shotguns. Unless you are a bot, then you 1 hit everyone.
    - The cosmetic crap is pretty lame. I have 50 trapper hats I hate them all. out of my 100 hats one is half way cool. would much rather have cosmetic armor showing.
    - Sponge. The bullet sponges didn't bother me to much till end game. now it is just annoying. Really something to consider in future shooter RPGs, but shooting a computer in the head with 30 sniper bullets and they are running around no big deal is pretty annoying.
    - Story mode well existing is pretty underwhelming and more often than not annoying.
    - Minor glitches. anything from fast traveling to wrong place, no being able to get down cover, no shooting over cover properly, and errors that drop me from game, I can be shot by a player but they don't go rouge and they just grief you by shooting you once every 10 seconds till you go rouge, or when I beat a mission all of a sudden the dialogue that was suppose to play throughout the missions starts and its like 10 minutes of nonstop chatter.

Overall its a cool idea but not worth investing in further. Will not purchase the DLCs. The entire end game concept is broken because in the end your best gear is crafted and you either do that by doing dailies and slowly earning enough credits, or ban with a bunch of people in DZ and go around in a large circle instantly getting you best gear in one night.
  77. Mar 19, 2016
    Painfully generic, buggy as hell, very disappointing rng, misleading gameplay trailer, not many guns and modifications, PEOPLE BLOCKING THE DOORWAYS!!
  78. Apr 18, 2016
    As long as they dont use a anti cheater tool, simply dont play or bug this game. If you are not cheating its unplayanble at the moment.
    They have no idea what they should do about all the cheater/hacker.
  79. May 26, 2016
    I don't think I've every played a game from a development team as incompetent as Massive. Glaring bugs everywhere. Horribly broken loot system. Game is okay up until 30, but complete and utter garbage afterwards.
  80. Apr 21, 2016
    The PC version has a rampant hacker problem. Do not buy this game for PC. The singe player is indeed fun, and a lot of the coop makes the game enjoyable, but ass I spend most of the game playing against other players, this game is not worth it......
  81. Apr 10, 2016
    If you look at hours spent on a game, you can argues Tom Clancy's The Division is worth the money. However, your time is spent waiting for a promise to be fulfilled until the very end, leaving you utterly unsatisfied.

The entire game is an exercise in lazy repetition to progress in a game that doesn't feel alive. Yes there are people and dogs, but it's the same image on every corner, highly repetitive and no narration whatsoever. The game looks great and the sound is high quality, but what use is that in a deserted game with no depth whatsoever.
  82. May 21, 2016
    Cutting to the chase, The Division can be summarize in "pay a lot, enjoy a little". As far as the single player game goes, it provides the player with hours worth of fun.
    If you are more of MMO person and want to play with friends, you will soon hit the wall and discover that the game is broken in so many ways. In theory you can build your character the way you want but in fact... upon doing some calculations there is 0.01% change the boss will drop the item you really want (I'm simplifying for all six stats on each high lvl item). Usually it takes between 15 and 30 minutes to complete a mission that drops one of those high level items. If that doesn't speak to you, let me put it another way. I have approx 250 hours of gameplay and my friend has 50. You would think that my gear is so much better than his... oh well, not at all. The difference is 7 points in the gearscore (206 vs 199) - which translates to, 'no noticable difference'. I'll let you think about it. I have never came across a game with such a 'cruel' drop system. Yes, the game provides some customization of perks on the items you have but this is extremely limited (only 1 spec can be edited out of 5+), and each time you want to change it, you have to roll and pray. This is because each time you roll a new perk it costs more. To add to it, there are a lot of hackers in the game who walk around with miniguns (usually SMGs hacked to provide crazy damage without the need to reload). Few weeks back the dev team banned some hackers for 2 weeks... I guess you know where I'm going with this.
    Furthermore the Dark Zone, which is the multiplayer zone, is so small that 3 teams of 4 can successfully clear 95% of the loot areas (where the bosses are with good *stuff). In the last 2 weeks of gameplay I enjoyed maybe 2 hours of gameplay in DZ.
    I can keep going like this but there is no point. I have highlighted most transparent flaws of the game.
    Is the game pretty, yes. Is the game fun, very... very rarely... take it from someone who 'wasted' so many hours.
  83. Apr 10, 2016
    Constantly get kicked off of the server with "The Division Services are not available at this time" error. The A.I. is mindless and kamikaze, which makes the game entirely too easy or impossible depending on if you are over or under the recommended player level for each stage. All a moot point consider you will not be able to maintain a connection to the servers in multiplayer mode. TheConstantly get kicked off of the server with "The Division Services are not available at this time" error. The A.I. is mindless and kamikaze, which makes the game entirely too easy or impossible depending on if you are over or under the recommended player level for each stage. All a moot point consider you will not be able to maintain a connection to the servers in multiplayer mode. The Graphics look great though.

All in all a waste of $70. You are better off renting this game for a couple days and playing solo.
  84. May 16, 2016
    Wasted money, I played the game for three hours but the gameplay is so boring. I miss the old tom clancy games. Which is why I will give the game 4 out of 10 m8
  85. Apr 22, 2016
    Cheaters, Bug´s, Exploit´s...... Wast ur money ? Buy this.............................................................................................
  86. May 13, 2016
    Un juego que podría haber sido muy grande si no fuera porque está administrado por Ubisoft.

Bugs, gente que se aprovecha de exploits, hackers, cheaters, una historia que es pésima, un modo campaña que es corto, muchísima falta de contenido, sobre todo mas variedad de misiones y enemigos. Una vez alcanzas el Nivel 30 y terminas la campaña pasas a depender de la Zona Oscura o repetir

Una vez alcanzas el Nivel 30 y terminas la campaña pasas a depender de la Zona Oscura o repetir las mismas misiones de la campaña infinitas veces solo que con mayor dificultad, el problema es que o bien haces las misiones en dificultad desafiante (Lo cual es imposible si no juegas en equipo con gente buena) o bien vas a la Zona Oscura, esa zona en la que el 80% son Hackers, 10% se han aprovechado de Exploits para farmear Fenix (Por tanto viene a ser como Hackers pero de forma "legal") y 10% restante son los jugadores normales que juegan sin aprovecharse de Exploits ni usan hacks, pues bien los que somo ese último 10% de jugadores que jugamos normal solo somos dianas andantes para el resto de jugadores ya que o usas Hacks/Exploits o no tienes ninguna posibilidad, es por esto que la Zona Oscura y por ende el multijugador PVP ESTÁ ROTO, si a esto le sumamos los bugs como los disparos que atraviesan paredes (Bug que ocurre desde la primera beta cerrada, asi que imaginarse la de soluciones que ponen) entonces la Zona Oscura viene a pasar de ser zona PVP a zona de tortura y pérdida de tiempo ya que da igual lo bien equipado vayas y vayas en grupo o no porque está plagado de gentuza que destrozan el juego mas de lo que ya de por si está.

Mi recomendación para todo el que se piense comprar este juego es que no lo haga, no confiéis en las falsas promesas de Ubisoft de solucionar problemas porque no lo harán y no es algo nuevo, para que pudieran solucionar todos estos problemas tendrían que modificar el juego de 0 y hacerlo como se debe, ahora el código fuente es una basura, es un coladero y no tiene solución posible, dicho por expertos en el mundo de los videojuegos.

Como decía no tireis vuestro dinero en este juego ni ningún otro de Ubisoft.
  87. May 18, 2016
    It was great at first. The atmosphere is fantastic and you really get the feeling of being in NYC following a catastrophic event. I didn't mind the grind to 30 and there was enough instances to enjoy along the way. It was fun to watch your BoO transform and for people to being to populate it. The mechanics are pretty solid, with the exception of moving in and out of cover can causeIt was great at first. The atmosphere is fantastic and you really get the feeling of being in NYC following a catastrophic event. I didn't mind the grind to 30 and there was enough instances to enjoy along the way. It was fun to watch your BoO transform and for people to being to populate it. The mechanics are pretty solid, with the exception of moving in and out of cover can cause frustration. These are the reasons I gave it a score of 2, because everything else about the game has been a disappointment.

There is very little class variation or ability to play a different style of game, such as being a tank or a healer. It's obvious there was some effort to create different classes, but it fall way short. So regardless of what build or talents you pick the game basically feels the same.

One of the issues with this game is the lack of end game content. The best equipment and weapons in the game are crafted, which defeats the purpose and fun of defeating a boss or instance. The last patch supposedly addressed this, but it truly failed to do so. Once you get enough materials to craft a new weapon or piece of equipment you are left to the mercy of a RNG and it doesn't seem random at all. In fact it seems to be weighted to prevent you from getting the kind of stats you are looking for. I crafted about 30 of the same gun and ended up with one that was acceptable, not ideal.

Glitching bosses is another issue. Players purposely glitched the game to kill the same boss over and over again. Where's the fun in that? While I never did it, I can understand it to a degree when you are subject to crafting the best stuff in the game and facing an imbalanced RNG. I dislike when people exploit an online game because it tends to ruin the over all feel and community of the game.

The biggest issue with this game is that hackers run rampant in the Dark Zone. Even after going through the process of reporting them it seems like nothing happens. One time my friends and I even had a guy in the DZ admit he was hacking and teleporting and said he would only get a two day ban so it was no big deal. This was after he had killed us with one shot and was hiding inside a vehicle, which isn't normally accessible, so it was impossible to shoot back at him.

How can you release an online multiplayer game without any form of anti-cheat requirements???? It's as though the developers and publisher want people to cheat. I know they say they are addressing the issue, but this is a game breaker that responding to such a serious oversight after release amounts to too little, too late for most players.

In a game where grinding levels and gear is required by running the same instance or route over and over and over again, even to the point of complete boredom, to have another player instantly kill you because they are cheating is infuriating. At first my friends and I were angry with the cheaters, but after it was obvious that cheaters were running around unchecked it became obvious that the true issue is Ubisoft and the game itself.

Don't waste your time or money. I wish it was different because this game has such potential.
  88. May 26, 2016
    First of all, lets highlight the good points of the game. One one hand we have awesome graphics, combined with an incredible good recreation of the snowy streets of New York. On the other hand we have a difficult game, in which the engagements with the enemy must be calculated instead of just runin' and shootin'. Also the story is kinda interesting, compared with some newer games.

Once

Once we have the strongest points of the game out of the way, let's talk about the negative aspects. Overall, the game feels very empty. Being repetitive helps a lot with this. The enemies are not that different between them, in comparison with other RPGs. The areas are basically the same, and the accessible buildings are copy-paste. But the worse thing is the RPG elements. The character customization is a joke. The "skills tree" is the shortest I've ever seen, which also makes you feel like you're playing an empty game.

In conclusion, the graphics are great. But that's not all, Ubisoft. The funny part of the RPGs, which is progressing with your character, customizations, etc. are just a joke. The "campaign" is short, and after that you can only repeat again and again the same missions. Looking for a good shooter? Look elsewhere. Looking for a good RPG? Look elsewhere.
  89. Jun 3, 2016
    The solo campaign and the art & design of the game are superb, the rest is a complete disaster. Huge lag, thousands of bugs, millions of cheaters. Before they were teleporting and shooting through the buildings, now they just use aimbots, damage mods, speedhacks. Usually you kill a player and minutes after he appears and one shot all your team. Anticheat system is not implemented (in 2016)The solo campaign and the art & design of the game are superb, the rest is a complete disaster. Huge lag, thousands of bugs, millions of cheaters. Before they were teleporting and shooting through the buildings, now they just use aimbots, damage mods, speedhacks. Usually you kill a player and minutes after he appears and one shot all your team. Anticheat system is not implemented (in 2016)
    The patches they release fix one thing and break 100. Literally no endgame. At least I learned a lesson, never ever again buy a game with Ubisoft name on it.
    Ubisoft you're a shame for the videogames industry.
  90. Mar 26, 2016
    This game is just grind grind grind for loot and a whole lot of running around. It is a nice atmosphere but it gets old quickly. Once you get done with the SP missions you might as well quit. Playing DZ in level 30 you may run into some rogue who has already put 1000 hours into the game and is completely unbeatable. You will die in one hit and you cannot run away. It can be 4v1 and itThis game is just grind grind grind for loot and a whole lot of running around. It is a nice atmosphere but it gets old quickly. Once you get done with the SP missions you might as well quit. Playing DZ in level 30 you may run into some rogue who has already put 1000 hours into the game and is completely unbeatable. You will die in one hit and you cannot run away. It can be 4v1 and it won't matter. Trust me. It gets even better if he has a party of 2, 3, 4. PvP is a joke. Whoever spends the most time grinding since release is the "best players" (so sad to call them that). What does that leave you with? Redoing the missions 1,000 times in the hope for end game gear that will still not compare to the super grinders who have gotten the best possible combos of gear. If you really enjoy grinding for loot killing guys over and over in the same fashion then this game is totally for you. I really don't recommend doing it without 3 buddies who are going to play through the game and go dark zoning with you. Expand
  91. Apr 6, 2016
    I was really disappointed by The Division. The story, although present, is lacking and bland, and the quests are generally very repetitive and poorly written. They feel in a way similar to the most boring grind quests you find in generic mmorpgs. Go to an area, secure a container or kill some enemies, save hostages, and agAin again and again. The environment is quite poor and has not muchI was really disappointed by The Division. The story, although present, is lacking and bland, and the quests are generally very repetitive and poorly written. They feel in a way similar to the most boring grind quests you find in generic mmorpgs. Go to an area, secure a container or kill some enemies, save hostages, and agAin again and again. The environment is quite poor and has not much life(even for a city plagued with a lethal virus). I cant even say the multiplayer experience is that entertaining, it doesnt bring anything really new when you cooperate with teammates, its just your ordinary shooting experience. It is hard for me to get what ubisoft truly tried to achieve, i cannot see what their original goal was, but the result is an average shooting game with rpg mechanics. I cannot recommand it if you want a sinngle player experience because story is poor, but its not either your best choice if you want to play in multiplayer. The game lacks identify and refined game mechanics?Maybe it tried to appeal to veryone, but satisfied nobody? Expand
  92. Mar 29, 2016
    Game can be fun with friends, is boring alone.
    DZ is overrun with hacker and cheater. Gladly that doesn't matter because PvP is not worthwhile.
    Exploits aren't closed. A lot of bugs. Grafik looks nice, gameplay can be annoying in fast fights because of the one button do everything control. Fun skills, a bit op. Shooting feels nice. Game is all about fight against a clone army and loot
    Game can be fun with friends, is boring alone.
    Exploits aren't closed. A lot of bugs.
    Fun skills, a bit op. Shooting feels nice.
    Game is all about fight against a clone army and loot them. In the same 4 quests and 8 missions (or a bit more). Very repetitive.

Overall a n
  93. Apr 4, 2016
    What started as a 12/10 game has quickly devolved into repetitive nonsense and a sense of violent anger towards my monitor at the lack of progression.

I suppose we can start with the good. I live in NYC and the map is extremely realistic. The story is believable: A bioterrorist unleashes a deadly virus that quickly ravages New York City. You are part of an elite government military organization called The Division that's sent in to restore order, mainly by shooting the same hooded/masked red names until you hit max level. Then you do it some more.

The weapons are nice and there are a lot of them, though due to balance issues, you'll probably only find yourself using a few. Each weapon has a few mod slots where you can improve your magazine or scope to better suit your style of play. However build diversity is limited due to poor balance. For example, for some reason you have an ability that shoots an explosive device and the damage of that item is capped at 250k and has a long cooldown. Meanwhile your sniper rifle can reach upwards of a million damage and that has no cooldown except how well you can aim. It makes no sense.

Leveling up is extremely repetitive. You progress through leveled zones and every few zones there is a main mission that progresses the story, basically the only saving grace of the level up process. Between that every zone has the same side quests that you repeat over and over again until you hate yourself.

Once you actually hit the max, there's not much else to do. You can repeat the missions you've already done, just on a harder difficulty, meaning the bad guys will begin to shrug off 100 or more rounds to the head with ease. These challenge missions reward you with some gear and crafting materials to craft the stronger stuff. It doesn't take a long to obtain a decent set of gear. Once you're at that point, the grind begins to obtain the very best, and I do mean grind.

There is a resource called Division Tech that you need to craft powerful equipment which can only be obtained in the Dark Zone, mainly through chests that are scattered around. Each chest has an inexplicably long respawn timer meaning you could run around the Dark Zone for hours and not even find an unopened one. Furthermore, Division Tech comes in 3 flavors, green, blue, and yellow, and only the yellow ones are worthwhile. So not only do you have to be lucky enough to find a chest, you'll have to pray to Lord GabeN that you get a yellow. There's no refinement system currently in the game to refine green to blue or blue to yellow. Weird.

Now the Dark Zone is the PvPvE area that the devs have implemented, touting it as a new and exciting PvP experience. This is neither new nor exciting. It's essentially world PvP, a concept that has existed for decades. Also noteworthy is that world PvP frequently devolves into players griefing other players and The Division does not disappoint. It is also not exciting as should you choose to engage other players, you'll be highlighted to the entire world. Everyone will be able to see where you are. If they are nearby, they'll see you through walls and other obstacles. There's even a distance tracker so they'll always know the exact distance between you two up to 150 meters. It doesn't make for exciting PvP play, nor is there any structured PvP in the game. The Dark Zone is it, and as the game progresses further and the more veteran players obtain better gear, the lack of content outside the Dark Zone will relegate these players to the Dark Zone to slaughter newer and/or undergeared players to seek their enjoyment. This will not help the longevity of the game.

Again, balance is an issue. Certain weapons are rendered obsolete. For example, even though there's a plethora of sniper rifles to choose from, you should only be using one: the M1A. It fires as fast as you can click and the damage rivals that of its slower, bolt action, and supposedly powerful cousins. You'd be mad to use something else. There's also a skill called Survivor Link which makes you and your party immune to all crowd control, near immune to all damage, and gives you a speed boost. The only counter to Survivor Link is Survivor Link (or to run and hide) and when the only counter to a skill is that very skill, it's indicative of a major balance problem.

There are bugs galore, some minor and some gamebreaking. A lot of the time your stats page will not display your correct stats. Sometimes NPC dialogue will become inaudible. Infinite loading screens will completely prevent you from playing the game. There's also a lot of cheaters, who apparently aren't even banned permanently. If you are caught cheating, you receive a 3 day ban.

All in all, The Division suffers from Star Wars: Battlefront syndrome. The developers have created a beautiful world void of any meaningful content. The stuff they are planning will be locked behind multiple paid DLC. It's truly a sad case for a game that absolutely has so much potential.
  94. Mar 30, 2016
    A story thinner than the moons atmosphere, forgettable characters, almost no mission variety and not a single good boss are making this game inspite the good ideas involved mediocre at best. The Darkzone is broken and the rest is just a endless grind on steroids.
  95. Apr 15, 2016
    The Division, what can we say about this game? Well lets start with the basics.
    The Division, what can we say about this game? Well lets start with the basics.
    This is not you average shooter the game introduces a lot of rpg mechanics includin the level system, the gear system and of course the loot system. WHat does this mean? Well most of the time you'll constanly switching gear and trying new sets and weapons. While people that like rpg's won't mind this, players nwe to this system can get bored of it quickly.
    THe gameplay is fun, but you can get bored of it really quick.
    The games does have an story, but is a pretty forgetable story, quickly in the game you'll lost interest of it and will be doing things only because the fun the game may offer to you.
    The map is divided by level and that may take the exploration factor away, your qyests will also be go here get "x" object and return, main quest are a bit longer.
    Enemies are also not a strong point in this game, you wll be fighting the same guys over and over again, with an occasional boss only being a stronger version of the the usual mobs.
    I recommend this if you have a group of firends to play with, if not the game may get boring really fast.
  96. Apr 20, 2016
    Very literally all people involved in producing/selling this game from Ubi/Massive should have criminal charges filed against them. This game/the company(s) behind it have sold us on false advertising and given the consumers a totally broken defective product that is unplayable in the way it was intended. If you don't believe me check the games own forums... There are people still not ableVery literally all people involved in producing/selling this game from Ubi/Massive should have criminal charges filed against them. This game/the company(s) behind it have sold us on false advertising and given the consumers a totally broken defective product that is unplayable in the way it was intended. If you don't believe me check the games own forums... There are people still not able to play because they are locked out of their accounts because of a coding bug that Massive still hasn't fully resolved. Expand
  97. Mar 13, 2016
    I think everybody has said it all already. Repetitive and lame gameplay, boring quests, all weapons are the same, personalization issues, the AI is dumb... I hate the fact that they are mixing a bunch of games together but they are not getting why any of them are good.
    Personally, I found this game boring after a few hours. Maybe if it was 30 bucks it'd be okay, but 60? Hell no
  98. Mar 13, 2016
    Игра хороша своим сетингом, общей задумкой, но когда играешь не покидает чувство что тебя наеб*ли продали пол продукта, а остальная половина в Season pack (плохо подрожать EA) который стоит дороже самой игры. Я не понял где обещанный дрон, под управлением другого игрока с планшета, в ТЗ теперь соло играть нереально хотя в бете можно было выкрутиться и САМАЯ главная претензия БАГИ их простоИгра хороша своим сетингом, общей задумкой, но когда играешь не покидает чувство что тебя наеб*ли продали пол продукта, а остальная половина в Season pack (плохо подрожать EA) который стоит дороже самой игры. Я не понял где обещанный дрон, под управлением другого игрока с планшета, в ТЗ теперь соло играть нереально хотя в бете можно было выкрутиться и САМАЯ главная претензия БАГИ их просто дикость как много постоянное застревание в текстурах (но Ubisoft нашли решение проблемы ТЕЛЕПОРТАЦИЯ, зачем исправлять, можно телепортировать и плевать что телепортирует даже если вы не застряли в текстурах, а просто чуть зацепили их), + к застреваниям в текстурах ещё и толкание мобами.... Это когда вы стоите в укрытии а пробежавший рядом с вашим укрытием моб передвигает вас, второстепенные персонажи когда говорят, ртом не шевелят, они телепаты походу все там, про баги с модельками врагов вообще молчу, что сними только не было... Так же хотелось бы отметить персонажей и их характеры. Ubisoft на полном серьёзе создала стаю дегенератов на последней стадии шизофрении (это те кто выдаёт задания на базах), до тошноты пафосно-патриотическую китаянку и ещё стаю пафосно-патриотических чуваков которые не то что на людей не похожи, а ещё и бесят своим присутствием. У меня стойкое ощущение что сценарий писал Майкл Бэй (Michael Bay). Единственная кто не так сильно бестит (но на фоне остальных это прям лучик света) это медсестра на основной базе (не помню её имя), а ну ещё и вендоры потому что они молчат.
    Подытожим: игра явно не стоит своих денег, сама идея очень хороша но Ubisoft сделали из этой идеи МУСОР в который играть не хочется, их вечная лень исправлять ошибки повернётся им боком. Я всё.NAB
  99. Mar 10, 2016
    this is a good MMO loot shooter exceeding in all categories lowly set by destiny. but as of today the game is playable yet broken. the game run on client based connection not server based like most MMO use. mean info is sent from you to the server not the other way around. so hacking is starting to rear its head super early.
    nothing says **** more than getting hit by a smg that never reloads
  100. Mar 11, 2016
    One of the most beutiful but also MOST REPETITIVE AND BORING GAME of the past years

this would be a great 5 hours $5 dollar game to play and then throw away and move one
    VERY VERY BORING, VERY VERY VERY REPETITIVE

1. CD-Action
    May 30, 2016
    It took The Division a lot of time to reach our computers and consoles, but it was worth waiting for. We have already spent about 200 hours with it collectively and we’re not planning on abandoning it, because it is, simply put, outstanding and shows amazing potential for the future. [05/2016, p.30]
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    May 18, 2016
    So what is Tom Clancy's The Division? Addictive action RPG in a beautiful coat that grabs you and doesn´t let go. [Issue#263]
  3. Games Master UK
    May 18, 2016
    An immensely thrilling action-MMO hybrid, but good for 30 hours rather than the hoped-for 300. [May 2016, p.70]