Tomb Raider PC

8.5

1. May 25, 2016
    I thoroughly enjoyed 95% of the game. I loved the world. It's huge and there is a lot to do. I liked the characters. Visually, it's gorgeous and the levels are a lot of fun. Not to mention that Lara is smoking hot.

The one flaw with this game is the final boss, which is - disappointingly - a series of QTEs. That was a huge letdown.
  2. Apr 27, 2016
    Underrated masterpiece and a very well done reboot. For those that want a 3rd person action/adventure game with occasional puzzles and a strong female character that is constantly put through hell
  3. Mar 20, 2016
    I bought this game after seeing the stellar reviews...
    I understand that they wanted to do a fast-paced action game, but they overdid it. Explosions everywhere, buildings constantly collapsing, thousands of enemies and so on.
    It just looks like a rushed Hollywood action movie.
    And, it's extremely linear, as unfortunately games tend to be today.
    It's a decent game, and nothing else.
  4. Feb 29, 2016
    Good gameplay, fast paced, most of the quicktime events are ok - some are extremely tedious. Why low score? Because storyline, characters, dialogues and overall writing is worse than Mortal Kombat single player mode. It's so bad that most of the cutscenes /dialogues I was squirming and just want it to be over and get back to killing baddies. In most of the games cutscenes are this littleGood gameplay, fast paced, most of the quicktime events are ok - some are extremely tedious. Why low score? Because storyline, characters, dialogues and overall writing is worse than Mortal Kombat single player mode. It's so bad that most of the cutscenes /dialogues I was squirming and just want it to be over and get back to killing baddies. In most of the games cutscenes are this little rewards for progress in the game. Not here - it's like watching worst Hollywood action movie. I have no idea how they spend so much money/time to develop this game and there's clearly a lot of good in there and they can't hire 1 guy with decent writing skills. About midway point in the game I found myself just rushing through it just to get it over with - something I never do. Another thing (but minor in comparison) is stealth mechanics - very undeveloped and it's a shame because there was so much potential. Expand
  5. Feb 14, 2016
    *No Spoilers*

There's these random gazebos or like huts around the linear map with maybe a rope or something that controls a trap door or a pendulum, and once you pull the rope you fall in or a wall falls and you open a treasure...I literally said out loud "that's it?!?" A game named "Tomb Raider" should have tombs and raiding. This game has neither. I'm a fan of the old Tomb
    *No Spoilers*

I'm a fan of the old Tomb Raider games. Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix used the old franchise to promote a shallow FPS with shiny graphics. I want to know who these consumers are that would rather pay for a pretty game than a fun game, I want to tell you that you are shallow and to please stop ruining our beloved gaming franchises. Yes I'm talking to you, guy who thinks fake boobs are cool. You shallow turd.

Dude. This quick-time event garbage has to go. it's not even fun. At all. The game is basically a movie with frequent cut-scenes and QTEs that checks in with you every few minutes to make sure you're still awake and your fingers are working. The story isn't even good!...it's just okay.

TL;DR - This game is as shallow as an over sized pair of fake, hard-as-a-rock, not-jiggly, basketball boobs. And I give it a big fat zero. Glad I waited, and glad I paid only $5 for it on steam sale...it's not even worth that.
  6. Feb 10, 2016
    There is no doubt this is a great looking game. However, playing through it I felt it to be VERY repetitive, predictable and linear. Enjoyable if you're looking for some mindless fun, but definitely not going to be a game that's looked back upon as a great game.
  7. Jan 31, 2016
    For the people who want to skip through all of the crap: This game is awesome and was one of the only games made me stick to my chair and screen!!! BUY IT!!! ADD IT TO YOUR FREAKING WISHLIST!!! And please just do me a favor and try reading what I've said below; it's not totally meaningless!!!

I don't know how to start! It had been a long time since I sat down and played a game continuously for three days until it was finished; however, this game brought me back the experience of not being able to exit or minimize a game for up until its end and the taste of the good old gaming days!!! I'm a student right now and as a result, I don't have time to be a hardcore gamer (which I used to be!!!) but, I gave myself a bit of a break because I had just finished my exams. Now, I didn't expect to stick to my PC for three days but this game, the feel of it, its every bit of content didn't allow me to leave the damn chair! The main story line was exactly what you would expect from these kind of games; but the thing that kept me looking at the freaking screen was not that! It was the atmosphere, the events, the intensity and how fast everything happened! You'll feel like YOU are in there and YOU are trying to survive playing this game!!! I don't know how to make one of those pros/cons tables but I can give you this: "THIS GAME IS WORTH EVERY PENNY YOU PUT INTO IT!" And before I forget, I have to say that the graphics of this game look unbelievably gorgeous and have in your minds that this is being said by a person who has played Crysis 1,2&3, Witcher 1,2&3, Dragon age inquisition (and the others!) , Battlefield 3&4, many CODs!, the whole total war series (including Rome 2 and shogun!) and many others which I don't have in mind right now!!!!! I have used every way I know to tell you that this is a must buy for any gamer!!! There's a lot to say but to sum it up I have to say, JUST BUY IT or as Shia Labeouf puts it JUST DO IT!!!

Farshadios out...
  8. Jan 29, 2016
    I've thought about this for too long, and finally I'll have to rate a 5

Positive: • Great gameplay • Great skill tree • Awesome weapon mod system • Good graphic quality • So, so story And know, why 5 ? Well, Tomb Raider indeed is a good game, but I feel like this is not A Tomb Raider game. It's more like a generic version for people who don't even know what Tomb Raider is
    I've thought about this for too long, and finally I'll have to rate a 5

• Great gameplay
    • Great skill tree
    • Awesome weapon mod system
    • Good graphic quality
    • So, so story

And know, why 5 ?

Well, Tomb Raider indeed is a good game, but I feel like this is not A Tomb Raider game. It's more like a generic version for people who don't even know what Tomb Raider is to play it because It has a good gameplay.

It lost the "Tomb Raider" essence. That old mistery and ancient puzzle games that got you stuck in a level for hours.

That essence is gone. And I really miss it. So I'm rating this based on a personal value. But that's what users do.
  9. Jan 14, 2016
    Keep in mind, as of this review I have not yet played other Tomb Raider games. With that said, I felt that this is one of the best, if not the best modern action/adventure game I have ever played. The story, dialogue, action sequences, combat and environments are all superb and I will probably get a lot of hate for this but... this easily beats Uncharted 1, 2 and 3.... We'll have to waitKeep in mind, as of this review I have not yet played other Tomb Raider games. With that said, I felt that this is one of the best, if not the best modern action/adventure game I have ever played. The story, dialogue, action sequences, combat and environments are all superb and I will probably get a lot of hate for this but... this easily beats Uncharted 1, 2 and 3.... We'll have to wait and see about Uncharted 4. Expand
  10. Jan 9, 2016
    I love this game. Great action and adventure game with a good story, amazing graphics and terrifying scenes. I really hope Rise of tomb raiders lives up to this game.
  11. Jan 4, 2016
    This game... ugh. The most disappointing thing about this game was the very easy puzzles and little to no challenge and possibly the most movie like game I have ever seen. This game wishes it could be like The Last of Us in the sense that it feels like a movie. But unlike The Last of Us, this game is boring, easy, and outright simple. Skills are simplified to hell and back, upgrades forThis game... ugh. The most disappointing thing about this game was the very easy puzzles and little to no challenge and possibly the most movie like game I have ever seen. This game wishes it could be like The Last of Us in the sense that it feels like a movie. But unlike The Last of Us, this game is boring, easy, and outright simple. Skills are simplified to hell and back, upgrades for your weapons are also stupid simple, and like I said before, the puzzles take little to know brain power. A monkey with autism could understand this games simple and easy mechanics. This isn't a Tomb Raider, it's a 3rd person shooter that acts like a first person shooter.

For most of this game you are climbing things, going across zip lines, shooting the massive amounts of terribly stupid enemies the game throws at you and then you repeat that for the rest of the game. The ending is absolutely unsatisfying and about the only part of this I enjoyed was the beginning.

Honestly, play this game one time and then just burn it or something. Oh and don't pay full price, not worth it.
  12. Dec 23, 2015
    This game is definitely one of the best. The story, the graphics, and the physics of the game were done very well. There are only a few things keeping it away from a perfect score, that tempted me to review it in the first place. Pros: The story is great, and I think the collectibles add more to the immersion. The graphics are the best I've seen on my mediocre laptop. The way Lara scalesThis game is definitely one of the best. The story, the graphics, and the physics of the game were done very well. There are only a few things keeping it away from a perfect score, that tempted me to review it in the first place. Pros: The story is great, and I think the collectibles add more to the immersion. The graphics are the best I've seen on my mediocre laptop. The way Lara scales the environment is so fun to play with, and makes it feel almost open world, and makes me excited for future titles. Cons: The combat for me left something to be desired; even on easy difficulty death becomes tedious, and there are enemies everyone, so much so that it feels untrue to the story and just annoying. Also the stealth part of the games had the potential to be great, but they probably didn't design the game with stealth in mind. 8/10 would play again. Expand
  13. Dec 12, 2015
    Gameplay : 9
    Graphics : 10
    Story : 8
    Sound : 10
    Overall : 9
  14. Dec 4, 2015
    Lara is back! good history, its feels like a movie,the tombs are great and well designed also it has amazing graphics and superb artwork i think its one of the best 3rd person shooters of the past generation.
  15. Dec 1, 2015
    My hands and arms are painful due to playing FPS games with keyboard and mouse, so taking a break I switched to play Tomb Raider on Xbox 360 controller. Since a grenade tied to an arrow can't get a wild board killed with a direct shot at it's body, I changed the tactic to take the shot up it's arse - so the grenade stucked in the wild board's arse, it exploded, blasting faeces through it'sMy hands and arms are painful due to playing FPS games with keyboard and mouse, so taking a break I switched to play Tomb Raider on Xbox 360 controller. Since a grenade tied to an arrow can't get a wild board killed with a direct shot at it's body, I changed the tactic to take the shot up it's arse - so the grenade stucked in the wild board's arse, it exploded, blasting faeces through it's internal organs and sputtering out through it's mouth, the faeces splatted onto enemy soldiers' face who camps near a camp site, that made them puke as they're eating! The powerful shots has sent the wild board's eyeballs out flying like a shotgun's pellets - into another 2 soldiers' mouth as they dropped their gob open at hearing the explosion! The 2 solders are choking on the eyeballs (obstructed throat). I used a handgun and making a single shot to their heads as they pukes or choking about ... a puzzle game huh?! Let your imagination run wild, but sure couldn't see why a grenade can't kill a wild board with a direct shot to it's trunk! Game bugs?! So shall never download games on this planet, really hate FADE like copy-protections! Go to hell with CodeMaster the sh!t masters!

You can't get an erection hearing Lara's scream, since no boob size are adjustable in this one ... so unlike Saints Row the Third that is!
  16. Nov 28, 2015
    Tomb Raider is a reboot of the Tomb Raider franchise, that much is obvious. You still explore as Lara Croft, this time being much younger than she was in the older games. When you find yourself captive on an island that's cursed by the Sun Queen, Lara is forced to think on her toes and shoot her way through a bunch of enemies and for the first time kill to survive by any means necessary.Tomb Raider is a reboot of the Tomb Raider franchise, that much is obvious. You still explore as Lara Croft, this time being much younger than she was in the older games. When you find yourself captive on an island that's cursed by the Sun Queen, Lara is forced to think on her toes and shoot her way through a bunch of enemies and for the first time kill to survive by any means necessary.

This game is pretty freaking fantastic, I not only completed this game once, but I went out of my way to complete it 4 separate times. I have it on PC, as well as PS4, either way, the game looks amazing! Raiding the tombs is fun, and the exploration around the island shows off some amazing locations and some beautiful graphics. Though of course, it's not all about the graphics, the gameplay itself is solid, more solid than any of the older Tomb Raider games.

This is in my opinion a great way to get into the Tomb Raider series, it's easy to pick up and play, the story is solid and the voice work is top notch. The side characters are a bit bland at times but they all have their interesting personalities that does add something to the table so it's not all bad.

Definitely pick this up if you get the chance, you won't regret it!
    I give it a 9.5/10! :D
  17. Nov 14, 2015
    Giving this a Eight, just for all of the extra detail that has gone into this game.
    Extra graphics details in the environments, extra animations and, particularly, the detailed sound.
    All of these little extras all add to the atmosphere, and that has been missing from most games for too long now. A little bit too arcadey and violent, not enough RPG elements - but, nonetheless, a solid,
    A little bit too arcadey and violent, not enough RPG elements - but, nonetheless, a solid, atmospheric game.
  18. Oct 18, 2015
    Tomb Raider is one hell of a return of one of the most iconic female video game characters ever, although it still lacks things in some aspects to be called perfect.
  19. Oct 5, 2015
    If you liked and aren't tired of Far Cry, Batman, Assassin's Creed, and Shadow of Mordor, you will probably like this too. Personally, I couldn't care less if they have crafting, combo-combat, pressing forward while holding a button, or any of the other stuff from those games. I'm honestly kind of tired of it.

You know what we needed in 2013? A 3D platformer. Adding in Assassin's Creed

You know what we needed in 2013? A 3D platformer. Adding in Assassin's Creed level computer assist to Tomb Raider destroys the gameplay to the point that it shouldn't be called a platformer anymore. This TR is only a few button presses away from being a walking simulator.

3 points for graphics.
  20. Sep 30, 2015
    Amazing game:

-good and exciting cutscenes
    -Lara is very beautiful
    -good atmosphere and gameplay
    -very engaging
    -great setting

Only two things are not so good:

-too many enemies and shootings
    -too few tombs

I can really recommend it.
  21. Sep 29, 2015
    Great looking game. Fun combat and puzzle solving. Rediculous story campaign. Even though this game snuck in at just over 8 hours to finish the last couple of hours I felt like the game had overstayed its welcome.
    Good if you can pick it up cheap in the sales and looking for a something to sink a few hours over the weekend.
  22. Sep 25, 2015
    Beautifully illustrated and some great mechanics, with a good adventure.

Beautifully illustrated and some great mechanics, with a good adventure.

Why only 8/10? Most of the tombs which are not needed to progress in the game, are too hard. I just gave up and now don't even bother to attempt them. Some sections are outright frustrating, like the one where there is fire everywhere. It goes on for too long and it is filled with booming explosions. There are places where acrobatics needed to get to places is beyond me, so get left.

I have played TR once and only managed to complete 75% of it, while completing the game. I am playing again (a year later,) right now and will only achieve the same amount of completion. I think 8/10 is a very generous score.

Yesterday I quit in distress shaking because I could not work out where to go. I went around a series of acrobatics in a big area three times and then gave up. Sometimes those places just come along and yesterday the direction marker seemed to make no sense. Mostly though it's straightforward in that sense.

I don't like that it wants me to kill random animals (like fluffy rabbits) as part of gaining XP. If we are expected to accept acquiring food is part of the adventure, then why not acquire it in the buildings. We plunder enough places. Neither do I really enjoy the many blatantly graphics ways that they have thought up kill Lara. I don't just mean being over-run with enemies.

It's a high impact game and is clearly memorable. I do get ticked-off with it though.
  23. Sep 21, 2015
    The first quarter of the game was 10 out of 10. Amazing graphics (which stayed for the whole game of course) and an amazing FRAGILE character, who had no confidence whatsoever. For me this character made the game 10 out of 10.
    This character, however, quickly became this mass murderer, who you knew could take on 100 or even 200 people with no problems. I did not have to worry about Lara anymore, which brought the game down for my by the end.
    It is definitely worth playing though, and I am awaiting the next Tomb Raider game eagerly.
  24. Sep 10, 2015
    I’m truly blown away by how good this game actually is! Astonishing visuals, smooth movement, no bugs, great combat and great realism! Many seem to have given up on the Tomb Raider franchise, but for me this has been my best gaming experience in quite some time! Personally, I've always loved Tomb Raider games (and always will) but this was such a fresh experience I couldn't comprehendI’m truly blown away by how good this game actually is! Astonishing visuals, smooth movement, no bugs, great combat and great realism! Many seem to have given up on the Tomb Raider franchise, but for me this has been my best gaming experience in quite some time! Personally, I've always loved Tomb Raider games (and always will) but this was such a fresh experience I couldn't comprehend someone not enjoying this title; unless you whole heartedly dislike action adventure games! For fans of the original series (despite peoples pessimism) all of what you loved from prior games is back and no this is not an “Uncharted” rip-off it’s Tomb Raider doing what Tomb Raider has always done; just in a fresh new way! Expand
  25. Aug 26, 2015
    My first ever video game was TR2, and my first ever love was Lara Croft. That being said, after finishing the trilogy, I was excited to take control of Lara once again. And Boy! was it amazing!! Though the Lara Croft we meet first isn't poised and sophisticated as we have seen her until now. She is a young, afraid and vulnerable girl on her first adventure (which quickly turns into aMy first ever video game was TR2, and my first ever love was Lara Croft. That being said, after finishing the trilogy, I was excited to take control of Lara once again. And Boy! was it amazing!! Though the Lara Croft we meet first isn't poised and sophisticated as we have seen her until now. She is a young, afraid and vulnerable girl on her first adventure (which quickly turns into a nightmare) and she matures into the woman I adored by the end of this game. Gameplay is brilliant, graphics is amazing and story is dark and mystic. The real villain is the Island itself. I had an excellent time foraging, killing, exploring, solving the puzzles and yeah! raiding the tombs apart from pursuing main story. Even if you aren't a Lara Croft fan, play this one just to experience the beautiful and dangerous Island of Yamatai. Deserves it. Expand
  26. Aug 25, 2015
    Este é um jogo totalmente diferente e moderno de Tomb Rider, com gráficos fantásticos e uma jogabilidade além dos limites. É um dos jogos que mais gosto e aquele em que sem duvida alguma o meu dinheiro foi bem gasto. I love it !
  27. Aug 8, 2015
    Great Game a great adventure action game i recommend for anyone who likes action adventure games the character lara croft is great too its good to see a game with a female main character 87%/100
  28. Aug 2, 2015
    My overall opinion: Beautiful and fun but borderline stupid. No masterpiece.

My overall opinion: Beautiful and fun but borderline stupid. No masterpiece.

Inspired by the positive reviews, and having enjoyed previous Tomb Raider games, I have to say I was expecting more than what I got. This game has been hyped to no end and the reason critics believe it to be a genuine masterpiece is beyond me. Well my only theory is that many players view it like a playable film: they are content having beautiful graphics explode in their face while they hold "forwards" and occasionally tap a button to remind them they are playing... Yes I get it: it's catchy, it's even fun at times, but it quite evidently lacks what makes a game a masterpiece.

So to be fair: yes the graphics are beautiful, the map is cool, the playability is good, there are many creative gameplay elements, exploration is fun, and I found some parts of the story cool... So yes there are some excellent sides to it, but that is what made this game frustrating: they didn't go all the way to make a smart game. The game is actually pretty stupid:
    - The story has a cool basis (stranded on a perverse Island with an unexplainable curse), but it develops really stupidly: obvious plot holes, cliché characters, awful quotes, 2 dimensional character development, "twists" you expected from the start... It's like they were not authorised to actually make the story interesting, because they might loose the "dumb" segment of their audience.. I personally cringed through most of the cut scenes. Given they centred the game around the story, it's a real shame they stayed so superficial about it. There was real potential!
    - Most of the game switches between easy platforming, item collecting (all you have to do is use your "survival instincts" vision and inspect every corner), and sometimes impossibly hard gun fights. Some of it is fun, but after a while you start feeling like "meh I got the point". Weapon improvement helps give a sense of progress, but I found it in no way revolutionary. Once again it felt slightly dumb: there was only one real puzzle in the whole game. Any genuinely hard passage (i.e. gun fights) was overcome by grinding. Sadly all the excellent features of the game are overshadowed by obvious lacks: it tries to hard to be cool, and not enough to be creative.

So I personally felt let down, but I can see many people don't mind it as much. I feel people who are serious about platformers might feel like this episode focused too much on making a polished game and forgot to give it a soul (which is ironic given the story).
  29. Jul 30, 2015
    I already played this game over a year ago, and when I decided to pick it up again two weeks ago I thought I was gonna get bored out of my skull doing the same thing over again. But I can't believe how hooked I got with it once I started playing: it feels even more amazing and interesting than the last time I tried it out.
    This is for sure the most engaging game I've played in a long while!
  30. Jul 27, 2015
    Tomb Raider Definitive Edition went on sale on Xbox One and i decided to pick it up and i am glad i did.

Story The Story in Tomb Raider is a pretty interesting tale and although not the best story written, it offers up some intriguing aspects, as well as great character development from Lara. Id say she is one of the better written characters i have seen. Unfortunately the same cant

Story

The Story in Tomb Raider is a pretty interesting tale and although not the best story written, it offers up some intriguing aspects, as well as great character development from Lara. Id say she is one of the better written characters i have seen. Unfortunately the same cant be said for her companions.

Gameplay

The gameplay is great and feels so smooth and the combat is very fluent and fun. The progression system, and upgrading your guns/equipment is satisfying, and i loved upgrading my gear only to reveal that it allowed me to access previously unreachable places. The Raiding of tombs was one of the best parts of exploring the island, and the sense of wonder when you find one is great.

Graphics/Presentation

The Definitive edition offers up some nice graphics and smooth gameplay, as i rarely had any hiccups throughout my playthrough. The lighting effects are great and textures were smooth.

Tomb Raider was a pleasant surprise for me, with fun combat, great exploration and leveling, as well as a sense of wonder from exploring the tombs. The collectibles are also well done as they are not simply rubbish to collect and offer unique backstory and intriguing lore about the past cultures on the island.
  31. Jul 22, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is not a Tomb Raider game. End of story.

That is for people who like short explanations. For the people who love to read, here it is: This is not a Tomb Raider game by name and title.

Playing games retroactively have a lots of benefits, one of them is - to say that this game is crap and no one can take that from you. No hype clouded your mind and no paid reviews poisoned your experience how you have to enjoy your game.

This game may be called - Silent Hill, Silent Hunter, Silent Lamb, or anything silent. Maybe Alone in the Dark, Home Alone, Alone Alone, but not - Tomb Raider alone.
    It is not enough to just slap the name and go.

Someone may argue that at least this is AAA quality game. Maybe,... as quality as QTE goes. This is game is riddled with the "quality" of QTE.
    QTE with bad, BAD design of fancy prompts in a dark red color that you can't even see which button it says you have to mash like an imbecile. Frustrating QTE fest. I can't stress enough how bad this is in this "new" Tomb Raider. If you try to imitate consoles on PC at least have an idea of colored buttons like consoles have. Dark red and tiny letters is just amateur design.
    Beside, there are 2D pictograms for some actions, rotating like the foliage in early 3D games and irritating the player. Pictograms are for analphabets and monkeys. There is no reason to have this kind of "language" between players and game. Don't be Ubisoft!

Developers, please, whoever told you this is game play, lied to you. This is crippled cinematic game where you need to push the wheel chair for cinematic to go on. Tapping same button is not fun either. That is NOT game play, never was and never will. At least not on PC.

Now, Tomb Raider... If this was our, well known, Tomb Raider where are the tombs? Puzzles? Free jumping and exploring?
    The old TR games have simple story, determinate moves and mindless fun. This game - not! The story try to be serious like all games today, but it falls flat with so many holes and so many illogical moments. Uncharted, unknown location, unapproachable but there is so much infrastructure that one may be puzzled what they were smoking when came up with this "story".
    Boring cut scenes and even more boring audio transmissions and audio interventions which destroys the game play and immersion every minute by minute.
    The lost concept - what video game is, in Tomb Raider is fatal. If some of the developers are frustrated film directors, here is so much obvious than in any other game out there. Player is reduced to button pusher. Camera or controls are taken from your hands so often that it is beyond fun anymore.
    Like every minute or so you are reminded to look how cool we made this or that. Or the story itself try to make you "feel" something where is just pretentious crap like written from a 16 year old high school wanna-be-writer.

In the first TR game we were introduced to this bad ass lady who can hunt artifacts without any other explanation. That was all we needed. We did not asked for the reason where or how she was born in which village and if she took the arrow in the knee or not.
    But now days we are bombarded with prequels and origins, soon catalysts, I'm sure.

Game play mechanics - broken. So broken that I don't know where to start.
    Sometimes you can jump very high, even double jump, but sometimes you can't even go over a stone. And than there is inevitable survival mode.
    Why, why you called this game Tomb Raider Square Enix? Why? What is here from the old TR games except the name you slapped on this abomination of game?

The new TR tells you that if you want to survive you have to hunt, just like in AC III or FC 3, or any other 2010+ game. And if you avoid to do so, game slaps you on the wrist and tells you - no soup for you. In this case - no upgrade points.
    Upgrade points in TR game? Why on earth I would like to upgrade my Lara? Just like: Why would I like to upgrade my Master Thief? To be more "Master"?
    And if you want your Lara to be even MORE "Master" Lara, there is unavoidable DLC to help you do. This crap with the DLC today goes so far that now they sell the tombs apart. Wow, that's new and original too!

Tomb Raider games had a charm. You was in some exotic place with elaborate traps and puzzles. It was unique experience and it was fun to play and loose yourself with hours. But this abomination have no clue which one want to be. Actually, like all 2010+ games. There is, already mentioned, QTE than survival, than stealth, than shooting, than... You got the picture. Like mixture of all what is wrong with the games today.

The new Tomb Raider tells you, and actually do so, that you can not loose yourself in this world of badly designed maps
    If you try to explore there is nothing from the path that game tells you to go. This is, unfortunately, a problem not just with this game - today, they all TELL you where to go. There is no crazy guesses like why I need a wig, a rat in the soup and hair laces.

In TR 1 - 4 you know that you have to go from point A to point B. But how and what you have to do is up to you and it is your adventure. No one and nothing take the camera or controls from you. No interruptions just you and the game. In the old TR games you have short cinematic at the end of the level like "reward" for the effort or just to tell you what is the next step, but never a novel of a frustrated third class "writer".

In Tomb Raider III, you was enjoying the silence. The "silence" of the jungle that is. In the jungle level you was aware of the sounds of the jungle and birds. No orchestral music, nothing to destruct you from your process of exploring and thinking.
    In the "new" Tomb Raider you have "new" experience. Orchestral drums are everywhere! You walk 3 steps - drums and music. Something is about to happen - you guess - drums! And this goes on and on and on...

There is no drowning in the atmosphere of the place. Actually there is no real map with place to drown. Just a broken pieces of a map. Some of them, like in some LEGO game, left to play "after". This is a new fashion - to play after the game is over. Why not to play now? Why not when you are here in the same mood? Why the door shuts behind, cutting your exploration in exploration game?

Controls, when you have them, are bad, but the camera is the one that is most terrible. Shaky mess - try to follow your movement but do nothing but nosier. Controlling the camera is like wrestling with your mouse. It is not free movement because camera "try" to correct itself all the time.
    Developers are so lazy today to put even options in their games. Maybe vanity that some gamer peasant will try to ruin their vision?!

Old school collecting secrets is gone. Now days is collecting clutter more than secrets. There are no secrets if there are 499 of them and not actual ingame use. This are no secrets if you have a map where to find them. This kind of "secrets" does nothing for you except part time job - pro bono.

At the end I would somehow quote Yahtzee: "Stop stealing the classics!".
    If you like to reboot something just make something new and let the people have the old love alone. Do not re-imagine things or heroes. People do not want that. Made a new one. Stop naming your garbage just with the first name of the original because is lame, lazy and cheap. Nothing "kwool" just cheap and misleading. Learn when is good to let it go. If you must, than learn that there is nothing wrong to have a number in your title. Final Fantasy proudly show its age and numbers. Why not any of re-imagining you do too?! I hear that the new TR will be just like this one or even better. Well... after the "new" and imaginative Thief, Deus Ex, Tomb Raider, Splinter Cell and many others, do not count on my money anytime soon, Square Enix.
  32. Jul 17, 2015
    The game is good, but i'll start with the bad:

The game is good, but i'll start with the bad:

- While the main plot of the game is interesting, albeit hackneyed, its execution - its writing - is lacking any force whatsoever. The characters are bland , unpronounced, and barely developed. The diary pages which Lara finds all throughout the Island are supposed to drive the story and move the plot, but instead they serve as unlinked distractions, which cohere together but at such a slow and not discrepant speed that they tend to get easily ignored and forgotten.

- The action scenes are simply a disaster translated from the consoles onto PC's. I had to run through some of them for over a dozen times to complete. Much of the problem was the limited FOV (Field of View) and the very badly executed third-person camera (see below). Lara's deaths in such scenes is gruesome and uncanny. The game was designed by a sadist (see below).

- Unmanageable third-person removed camera is not only a distraction, but an annoying obstacle. It's stuck to Lara as a bee on a spring, so each time i would move my mouse to see the surroundings (or enemies) while in motion, the obnoxious camera would return to the position it chose, which depending on the scene - is not necessarily static middle back to front. This recalcitrant camera made a game un-enjoyable and impractical - since i had to constantly fight with the angle of view, with no way of disabling the dynamics of the camera. (Once again - a blissful echo of the Console port).

- The game was designed by a sadist. The morbid dying sequences are something else. But even when Lara does not die, the dynamics of a situation around her will hurt her, and hurt her bad. Just start the game, play for the first 2 minutes, and you will understand what i mean. Well, guess what - it gets worse :) Lara falls, rooftops crumble on her head, she gets burns, she is burned by explosions, knocked down by brutes, etc. - and she looks pretty torn up by the middle of the game. Wow! Wow - this game was designed or directed by a sadist.

The above things are what makes the game bad, and steers it away from a score above 7. However, there are good things in the game:

- Main plot, once again, is pretty good, although never fully developed or explored, and Lara's realization that she is on an Island where something controls the weather, and her inability to recognize the WWII subplot, make her a very imperceptive and unintelligent character, as opposed to her description (smart, cunning, intuitive). Really now, when you are looking at a WWII canon, dead soldiers lying around, and reading a diary which explicitly tells you in a German accent "The Russians are coming, we need to move the weather-controlling research away from them" - won't you be able to tie the things together into a Nazi Secret Project Theme? Well, Lara does not - instead she asks us - "What's going on here?!" Oh, come on!

- Well, ok. Maybe it wasn't as good... :) Anyway, the leveling up system is pretty cool, and keeps the game dynamic but only up until the middle of the game.

- Voice acting is mostly pretty good too, with just a few exceptions of inability to produce the proper emotion through over-acting and inexperience.

- Combat sequences are fun, although repetitive.

- Graphics are pretty good, and actually pretty well optimized for a port (although not completely - such as the low FOV).

- Exploring is very fun, up until the point where you understand that all the artifacts you find have nothing to do with the story. And the confusion between Chinese and Japanese dynasties does not help the understanding of the whole story.

Conclusion:
    7/10.
    Good game. 15-20 hours to complete on Normal. I did not play multiplayer. No replay value, unless you are a completionist and want to gain all achievements.
  33. Jul 14, 2015
    Good game. Against the backdrop of stagnation in the game industry in recent years, this game is like a breath of fresh air. Old Tomb Raider series I was not interested. But the restart of the series interested. The developers have promised a new format of the game. And I want to say this new format came to my liking. The game is 100% live up to my expectations. Spectacular, tough,Good game. Against the backdrop of stagnation in the game industry in recent years, this game is like a breath of fresh air. Old Tomb Raider series I was not interested. But the restart of the series interested. The developers have promised a new format of the game. And I want to say this new format came to my liking. The game is 100% live up to my expectations. Spectacular, tough, exciting. It was very interesting to observe the formation of the new Lara Croft, when a cute girl turns into a killing machine, a skull smashes opponents with an ax, bow hunting as Rambo. Unfortunately the storyline a little disappointed. Hoping that the storyline will not reach the banal mysticism based on Japanese mythology. Expand
  34. Jun 28, 2015
    I just recently got that game in its "game of the year" edition - and i cannot say that i am disappointed.

It looks amazing .. not just for the time it was released, but even in 2015 it still looks amazing. It runs great with tons of detail - and the revision of the concept kind of works for the franchise. It does come at a price though. - Not only once but several times i feel more

It does come at a price though. - Not only once but several times i feel more like watching a movie than playing a game. Lara moves on rails and the only effect my controls have are slightly adjusting the camera. (and that is not even the QTE events)
    Regarding the QTE events, especially combat ... i know that combat "looks" much more cinematic when it is done "on rails" via QTE. ... But lets be clear ... it "is" less intense than Tomb Raider 1 auto-aiming-running-in-circles-combat. And that one wasn t too complex either.. t just looked simpler.

I do love that many of the climbing and jumping elements are not as rediculous anymore as in previous games of Lara Croft. It is not realistic of course - but feels much more action and stealth oriented than "perfect-timing-jump-sequence" focused.

All in all it felt quite similar to games like Far Cry ... with rather painfully small and tunnel like levels (compared to the far cry series) - but then it does not claim to be open world, so that is ok.

UI and controls are well done and do not feel like some shoddy console to PC port. Keyboard and mouse controls work very well and are precise.

All in all, the game is well worth the money - it is tons of fun and even great to just watch someone else to play. As in almost every game ... the AI ... while not being as dumb as lets say .. a MMO game ... it still is stupid enough to just suicide run into the players line of fire.

In terms of difficulty levels ... to be frank... i d love to have much harder combat (classic combat) but no QTE. In my opinion - QTE is a waste of time to gain a good cinematic - and thats it. Too bad the difficulty setting cannot reflect that. If i wanted to play on hard mode, i d get my wish for harder combat - but also stricter QTE.

Still a 9/10 easily
  35. Jun 27, 2015
    - Good: Story, Setting, Atmosphere, Gameplay, Audio
    - Mixed: Puzzles, Exploration
    - Bad: ---

Very solid game from the beginning to the end. Fun gameplay and good story. Puzzles could be more difficult and exploration and side activities are lacking a bit
  36. Jun 26, 2015
    I have never played a Tomb Raider game before, so I did not have any preconceptions or expectations in playing this game. Tomb Raider is an adventure game to its core. The suspense and action is non-stop. There are some optional objectives, but doing them gives greater satisfaction and more salvages, essential to upgrading your weapons. My only problem is the progression tree, which onlyI have never played a Tomb Raider game before, so I did not have any preconceptions or expectations in playing this game. Tomb Raider is an adventure game to its core. The suspense and action is non-stop. There are some optional objectives, but doing them gives greater satisfaction and more salvages, essential to upgrading your weapons. My only problem is the progression tree, which only gives you a choice which skills you want first (you need to buy all of the skills except one or two), and only the bow and the rifle are worth using (the shotgun is necessary to break some obstacles, but not so useful at combat). Expand
  37. Jun 24, 2015
    I hated so much this game, i was hyped by the reboot but it has nothing to do with a tomb raider game. No tropical/luxurious/antique sites, no puzzles, no adventure...just a generic/boring TPS, just "ouch, ouch i take a stick in my womb and fall every 10 seconds but can still walk, run etc." and "bam bam tatata bang" worse than a COD. I don't get all the hype for this game.
  38. Jun 10, 2015
    I'm a massive fan of Tomb Raider, and although I've always played the series with the PS2 I've now tried this last pearl on my Mac and it works amazingly. Graphic is excellent, the very nature of the game that we love hasn't changed but just improved. The only thing i'm not sure about is the character of Lara : they made a very weak personage that lacks in consciousness and begin fair,I'm a massive fan of Tomb Raider, and although I've always played the series with the PS2 I've now tried this last pearl on my Mac and it works amazingly. Graphic is excellent, the very nature of the game that we love hasn't changed but just improved. The only thing i'm not sure about is the character of Lara : they made a very weak personage that lacks in consciousness and begin fair, the Lara I love, is the one that has no fear or anything. Expand
  39. Jun 9, 2015
    111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111115555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555500000000000000000000000000characters long(By the way I love this game! Recommend getting it!)
  40. May 24, 2015
    Very high quality game but if you're not a fan of button mashing (QTE gameplay), which I am not, you might want to look elsewhere for entertainment. The exploratory features, easter eggs, fighting elements, voice acting, character depth, etc, etc, etc, were fantastic and just the right level of difficulty.

Gameplay: There are problems here. Many times I found issues where it was hard

Gameplay: There are problems here. Many times I found issues where it was hard to make an obvious leap and grab spot, for reasons unknown. Some of these were wall to wall jumps where you just couldn't connect, or she would jump in a direction you were not facing.
    QTE.....there were MANY frustrating "F THIS!" moments where i just want to get back into the core features and fun of the game and I couldn't until I mashed the crap out of a button or had perfect timing. Maybe some enjoy this, and there are games where it was executed tastefully, but by and large I think this is a game mechanic that just needs to die and blow away.

BUGS:
    Unfortunately two years later there are bugs, but only two I encountered. One was hilarious and annoying at the same time, which involved NPCs talking while you were hidden, and they would suddenly walk too close to a cliff and fall off screaming. This was good fun except they would either respawn back in their original location (i.e. behind you), or not respawn at all when you might desperately need their loot.
    The final bug is literally the absolute last encounter in the game which involves QTE bullsh*t and it's a doozy. There are multiple forum complaints about this one where people had to go to extreme limits to try and resolve an issue where button mashing would not allow you to progress....resulting in playing that sequence dozens (apparently hundreds for some folks) of times. NOT OK!

Overall, it's fun and don't regret playing it but the annoying gameplay and QTE nonsense eventually made me want to just B-line my way through the game instead of immerse myself in finding all the goodies.

-death to QTE
  41. May 22, 2015
    Tomb Raider reborn, enjoying and exciting game, full of details and nice graphics, I finish it two times,
    If you like tomb raider games you have to get this,
  42. May 20, 2015
    Alongside with the scripted nature and awful story, Tomb Raider has some qualities when it comes to gameplay, but it's an overall disappointment. The combat IS fun, but it's rather unoriginal and uninteresting. But the visuals are outstanding and the platforming is smooth, I'll give it those points. And, even though the story is uninteresting, the main character, Lara, has her badassAlongside with the scripted nature and awful story, Tomb Raider has some qualities when it comes to gameplay, but it's an overall disappointment. The combat IS fun, but it's rather unoriginal and uninteresting. But the visuals are outstanding and the platforming is smooth, I'll give it those points. And, even though the story is uninteresting, the main character, Lara, has her badass moments and she has character development, even though it's not very engaging. And, let's not forget the QTEs. They are almost everywhere and they're not interesting. The hunting, while it has good mechanics, it drags when it comes to overall meaning rather than getting some XP. I also find the tomb a tad disappointing and forgettable, but still provide some thinking challenge, without using the survival instinct of course. So, Tomb Raider is a very decent game that shows premise for future titles, but it's disappointing in some areas that I consider important. Expand
  43. May 19, 2015
    Never like the franchise, never played a Tomb Raider before and some friends recommended this to me.
    What an experience! This is a really good game!!!!! Story amazing, graphics really nice, good mechanics, good puzzles with the right difficulty and a lot of variety in the game. Just fantastic!
  44. Mar 18, 2015
    Terrible game and this is NOT a Tomb Raider! It has nothing to do with the tomb raider gameplay and is a kill fest with hordes of enemies. I think tomb raider lore is Dead :(
  45. Mar 7, 2015
    A game which plays itself. I'm a huge fan of games where the player has full control of the gameplay, possibly over the story too and this game (mostly interactive animation) is the exact opposite.

Story is a complete joke: you're stranded with your archaelogical team on a supposedly desert island which turns out being filled with rogue assassins which you'll have to kill one by one... originality and deepness are completely lacking on this compartment. Not to mention character developing or insight: is Lara Croft a screaming and crying helpless girl or a cold-blood killer who one-man (woman) slaughters the population of an entire island? She cannot be both, just saying.
    Not to mention that after a few hours I really got tired of Lara's continous panting, gulping and crying, you don't do that if you're in danger, you don't make any noise, think rationally and survive (or, well, you can also cry and scream, get cought and die)

Gameplay is what disappointed me the most. Most of gameplay time (I'm not kidding, it's like a bit over 50%) you don't actually play. Instead you're offered cutscenes ending up in QUICK-TIME EVENTS and death... let me explain, when I see a cinematic/cutscene starting, I usually let my hands rest a bit, sit back and enjoy. Having QTEs on everything took back even that little enjoyment and relax I could get from watching graphically stunning cutscenes.
    Also just to add more, I didn't like how character turning animation/response worked, mice are not analogic levers.

Now, on the technical compartment, graphic is stunning and music and effects are really good too. Same goes for photography, camera on cutscenes is always where it should be to get the best visual effect.
    Also, graphic is extremely well optimized so you actually need average-to-low specs to achieve stunning graphical results.

So, if you like graphically stunning interactive cutscene manslaughter and you don't care what your character name is, you may like this game. Don't even think of buying it if you ever played one of the first tomb raiders, this will ruin your past experience even if it was a bad one.
  46. Feb 7, 2015
    Wasn't expecting the game to be as good as it was. Great customization and story; I never was fond of a female protagonist but Lara Croft is definitely very fun to "play" with :)
  47. Jan 27, 2015
    This was nothing like Tomb Raider, this reboot ruined the once good franchise for me will not buy another one of their games I may still play them I may still have them but after getting crapped on with this garbage no thanks.
  48. Jan 27, 2015
    I suppose I enjoyed this game enough. The visuals are stunning, of course, and the gameplay is fine, BUT! This is not Tomb Raider. This is a cover shooter/adventure game that gives up 75% of the mechanics (and 90% of the puzzles) that made Tomb Raider what it was. For the first half of the game, the QTEs do outnumber the puzzles quite heavily, but even when there are "puzzles" they'reI suppose I enjoyed this game enough. The visuals are stunning, of course, and the gameplay is fine, BUT! This is not Tomb Raider. This is a cover shooter/adventure game that gives up 75% of the mechanics (and 90% of the puzzles) that made Tomb Raider what it was. For the first half of the game, the QTEs do outnumber the puzzles quite heavily, but even when there are "puzzles" they're really quite obvious. The game technically is open-world, but unfortunately there's no meaning to this, as the gameplay itself is almost completely linear.

Pros:
    Facemelting graphics
    Some semblance of leveling/upgrade system

Cons:
    QTEs abound
    Even more linear than originals despite open-world facade
    Movement kind of dumbed down, doesn't feel like Tomb Raider

Meh:
    Combat/cover system
    Story

The verdict:
    Despite not really having anything to do with the original series, this game did very well commercially and I'm hoping that the devs breathe new life from the old series into the sequel. Buy it on Steam when it's on sale for $5 to make that happen!
  49. Jan 26, 2015
    Graphics: 8/10
    Scenario: 8/10
    Storyline : 8/10
    Multiplayer : 8/10

I never played a Tomb Raider game before this one. But this one I can say that is amazing.
  50. Jan 23, 2015
    This game is stunningly outstanding if you like shooting people down and exploring areas.

PROS
    -Outstanding graphics
    -Amazing Story
    -Fun combat/controls

CONS
    -Boring chunks of the game
  51. Jan 17, 2015
    the story play out like a interactive movie, the graphics on pc even at highest setting were dated, the combat mechanics are like your average action game with god like ai that will know where you are even if they should'nt , some of the puzzles were frustrating(due to dated graphic's), I picked this up for 5 bucks on a steam sale and I cant complain really , the dev really poured theirthe story play out like a interactive movie, the graphics on pc even at highest setting were dated, the combat mechanics are like your average action game with god like ai that will know where you are even if they should'nt , some of the puzzles were frustrating(due to dated graphic's), I picked this up for 5 bucks on a steam sale and I cant complain really , the dev really poured their and soul into the game I commend them for that, so the story is good, , the rest im sorta mixed on though Expand
  52. Jan 12, 2015
    this movey is just all of its where the hipe is. the skunked lady is stubbey and can even evelry barely run through the tooms themslevles! i coldnt even pass the turtrotrital because she was so stubbeyt! i shut the game off after the part where because really? they had of to do the add that part of into the other game? it just discussed me bee and after 4:00 o' clock, *sigh"*...
  53. Jan 10, 2015
    One of the most unequivocal tens I will ever give, Tomb Raider is a timeless masterpiece on the same level as Super Mario 64, Resident Evil 4, and Bioshock. It could benefit from fewer QTEs (and by fewer, I mean none, it's 2015 and you should know better) and a more cohesive stealth system, but those are minor quibbles with what is, over all, as close to perfection as a game could everOne of the most unequivocal tens I will ever give, Tomb Raider is a timeless masterpiece on the same level as Super Mario 64, Resident Evil 4, and Bioshock. It could benefit from fewer QTEs (and by fewer, I mean none, it's 2015 and you should know better) and a more cohesive stealth system, but those are minor quibbles with what is, over all, as close to perfection as a game could ever realistically achieve without being Deus Ex. Expand
  54. Jan 6, 2015
    This game is so amazing. Every people around the world need to play this game.The game play is really fun. You fell playing tomb raider game. The history is really cool too. The characters of this game are so amazing to, you fell for them, mainly Laura.
  55. Jan 4, 2015
    Not a good Tomb Raider game. Barely a good action game.

What makes this entry into the franchise so lukewarm to me is that fact that it has removed the brain/soul/body of Lara Croft, and has replaced it with Nathan Drake in drag. The Brains were removed by way of taking puzzles out. There are a few to be found in this game, but they are easily bested and few and far between.
    Not a good Tomb Raider game. Barely a good action game.

The Brains were removed by way of taking puzzles out. There are a few to be found in this game, but they are easily bested and few and far between. Instead, we're given a world glued together by destructible set pieces that would make even Michael Bay say, "Bro, too much".

The Soul was removed by replacing it with a typical storyline. Lara and Co. are shipwrecked on an island full of murderous kidnappers. One of Lara's friends gets caught and is revealed to be the next mystical whozit of some cult on an isolated island, and Lara must overcome her fears to save herself, as well as her friend. Not even in the ballpark of gripping- firmly removed from the zip code of original.

The Body was extracted by taking Lara and make her look like a cross between a typical western action hero and Lightning from FF. Moving on from Lara's body, as mentioned before, the world feels completely set-piecey.

That pretty much speaks of this game: that every piece does not add up to a whole, but a bunch of little pieces packaged together in an admittedly gorgeous world.

I loved Lara. I thought if Angel of Darkness didn't turn me away from her, nothing would. But this Lara they've "re"introduced to us is nothing spectacular. She is pretty cookie cutter. She doesn't resemble the old hero, and this new one does not bring enough to the table to stand out as her own.

I'm curious to see how RoTR will work out. Will it be more in-you-face action, or will it actually bring some brains to the table, and give challenges that extend beyond shooting and QTE's.

This is not the TR I don't think anyone wanted. But I'm sure the Uncharted fans get a kick out of it.
  56. Jan 4, 2015
    What a bombastic fireworks of Quick-Time-Events wrapped in Special FX. Does not bore you by requiring any thinking but makes you feel awesome at the same time. If monkeys can be trained to press a button when the corresponding colour is shown, why not us gamers? This is your chance to achieve something by hammering a certain key when its displayed on screen! - If you can deal with havingWhat a bombastic fireworks of Quick-Time-Events wrapped in Special FX. Does not bore you by requiring any thinking but makes you feel awesome at the same time. If monkeys can be trained to press a button when the corresponding colour is shown, why not us gamers? This is your chance to achieve something by hammering a certain key when its displayed on screen! - If you can deal with having Lara´s Buns in your sight all the time, which might distract a little.

10/10 - would mash same key repeatedly again!
  57. Jan 1, 2015
    A perfectly adequate game, but not deserving of the hype. About as linear and scripted as it is possible to get, but that's ok. The story is decent, if a bit formulaic and predictable. There is at times too much rambo firefighting and arguably not quite enough tomb raiding. If I wanted firefights, I'd play CoD. When you do get round to tomb raiding, the puzzles lack variety are too similarA perfectly adequate game, but not deserving of the hype. About as linear and scripted as it is possible to get, but that's ok. The story is decent, if a bit formulaic and predictable. There is at times too much rambo firefighting and arguably not quite enough tomb raiding. If I wanted firefights, I'd play CoD. When you do get round to tomb raiding, the puzzles lack variety are too similar and a bit easy, almost HL2 easy. Fortunately, this port only has mild consolitis, yes there is the usual horrible checkpoint save system, but there is no mouse lag or acceleration. The graphics are clearly optimized for consoles (low res textures, dx9 etc), comparable to Far Cry 2 (from 2008). The quick time events (mash keyboard to survive) are a bit annoying sometimes. Get it in a Steam sale. Expand
  58. Dec 27, 2014
    Amazing...three quarters through this games, and it just keeps getting better, I've been gaming since Pong in 1978, and I've played thousands of games, This is dynamite, one of the best 3 games I've ever played. Got it for 10 bucks on Steam, best 10 bucks I've ever spent on entertainment.
  59. Dec 23, 2014
    As a long-time Tomb Raider fan, I had mixed feelings about this game.

Pros *Amazing graphics *Pretty good storyline *Some interesting environments to explore Cons *Too many cut scenes/quicktime events *Too much conflict and gore - I think I killed thousands of men. It got a little tedious after a while. *There is hardly any actual tomb raiding - this is an option but not part
    As a long-time Tomb Raider fan, I had mixed feelings about this game.

Pros
    *Amazing graphics
    *Pretty good storyline
    *Some interesting environments to explore

Cons
    *Too many cut scenes/quicktime events
    *There is hardly any actual tomb raiding - this is an option but not part of the main game and these were simple and boring.
    *Not enough variety in the environment - they all began to feel the same - muddy mucky shanty towns. I miss the beautiful rainforests and crumbling ancient tombs of the old games.

Overall I did enjoy playing the game, but would prefer more tombs and less mindless killing in further versions.
  60. Dec 15, 2014
    This game has all the good things a good game requires:
    + Good story, actually impressed by the Solarii and the Stormguard, every detail was carefully planned and the game was more like a movie to watch and enjoy. I loved it.
    + A lot of achievements to fill the game with so many hours of searching. + The Challenges are very difficult to find, I've spent a lot of time on this. + Strong
    This game has all the good things a good game requires:
    + A lot of achievements to fill the game with so many hours of searching.
    + The Challenges are very difficult to find, I've spent a lot of time on this.
    + Strong characters with different personalities and conflicts.
    + Overall great graphics and a semi "open-world" map.

The only cons I have are:
    - There is no achievement regardless of the difficulty level. I'd really like to show my efforts to play this on the hardest difficulty.
    - A lot of achievements are multiplayer-only and I don't really like the cooperative mode. I'd be playing COD or something else. Tomb Raider has been always a singe-player game.
    - The tombs were not so difficult. I'd like to see more challenging puzzles.

Overall this is an awesome game and I've finished it several times.
  61. Dec 13, 2014
    Visually stunning and great concept that fell through on execution. The characters are flat, the control and camera angles are pretty poor. It's not so much as you're playing a game as trying to navigate through a poorly designed mini game in between cut scenes.
  62. Dec 6, 2014
    Tomb Raider is a fantastic game, filled with adventure and exploration. Even though it has limited replay value, the gameplay is simply excellent.

1. Graphics: 9/10 - detailed and fantastic 2. Gameplay: 8/10 - great controls, and natural and fluid character animation make gameplay satisfying. Also, players can approach encounters as they see fit - stealth or all-out assault. Excellent.

1. Graphics: 9/10 - detailed and fantastic
    3. Story: 7/10 - interesting story, but rather simple.

Overall, an amazing game.
  63. Nov 27, 2014
    A cinematic experience with enjoyable game mechanics, Tomb Raider is definitely worth the time put into it.
    Story flows along a linear and well scripted path. Graphics are quite good but personally I had a fair amount of crashes (I think because of my Nvidia card when the game is calibrated towards AMD).

Excellent game worthy of a steam sale purchase :)
  64. Nov 21, 2014
    In a world where grind and meaningless slaughter is ke, Tomb Raider is a bit of fresh air. It has a deeply immersive atmosphere, beautiful scenery and the kind of story that gives meaning to your every action to such an extent that it is easy to feel alongside Lara the urge to survive.
  65. Nov 20, 2014
    Made an account on metacritic just to put this up here.
    This game has only two flaws - the game is a bit too easy, even on Hard difficulty I only died during battles if I played sloppy or was trying to do fancy kills.
    Made an account on metacritic just to put this up here.
    The second problem is - even if it's a long game but I wish it was longer! I enjoyed every single minute of it and afterwards I was left with a somewhat empty feeling. This is a must buy!
  66. Nov 8, 2014
    I ended up liking this game more than I thought I would. Lara Croft proves herself to be totally awesome in this game- her attitude grows from scared and sheltered to a much more confident self, eventually becoming the woman that we all know her to be. This journey is fantastic because it's gradual, and the player doesn't really even realize the shift until near the end, when Lara startsI ended up liking this game more than I thought I would. Lara Croft proves herself to be totally awesome in this game- her attitude grows from scared and sheltered to a much more confident self, eventually becoming the woman that we all know her to be. This journey is fantastic because it's gradual, and the player doesn't really even realize the shift until near the end, when Lara starts verbally taunting enemies and is fully confident in her abilities. Unfortunately, she's the only real character in this game- the rest are cookie-cutter stereotypes pulled from any other genre. Is this game just a ripoff of Uncharted? Maybe- the only thing that sets it apart is the upgrading system of weapons, where your weapons can pick up new and interesting powers along the course of the game. You can level up lara herself, but this is much less interesting- you end up getting lots of powers you could care less about and don't really use that often. Luckily, the gun upgrades are a bit more meaningful. I found the gunplay in this game to be highly satisfying, if only because I enjoyed challenging myself by using the bow much more than I used any other weapon. Finally, the ending to this game is honestly the greatest moment in gaming I've experienced this year. It was worth all the hours I put into beating the single player (only 11 hours) in order to reach the one climactic moment. I recommend this game to just about anyone interested in a mature journey (last note: there were quite a few F-bombs in this game, so be aware if you're sensitive to things like that). Expand
  67. Nov 1, 2014
    One of the best games i ever played. Finally a Tomb Raider game for grown-ups.
    Graphics, sound & atmosphere are immersive...like playing an interactive action/thriller movie.
    Ayebos Rating: 9 out of 10.
  68. Oct 25, 2014
    I never played Tomb Raider series before...but, this one is a damn real good game! really love it! the graphics, story, game play, interface, the characters (i love how they make Lara Croft so beautiful here) just so awesome! good job Square Enix! can't wait for the next installment.
  69. Oct 23, 2014
    I find it interesting that people either love or hate this game, and even the reviews of the reviews are mostly split down the middle. I loved this game, and I have have been playing Tomb Raider since the first one in 1996. I still remember when you would walk into EB Games or CompUSA and see Tomb Raider boxes lining the walls. Anyway, I know the argument that this is not like aI find it interesting that people either love or hate this game, and even the reviews of the reviews are mostly split down the middle. I loved this game, and I have have been playing Tomb Raider since the first one in 1996. I still remember when you would walk into EB Games or CompUSA and see Tomb Raider boxes lining the walls. Anyway, I know the argument that this is not like a traditional Tomb Raider game where you start a mission right at the tomb entrance and spend the next few hours trying to solve a bunch of puzzles and perform death-defying acrobatics to get through it. I think Crystal Dynamics proved they could make that kind of Tomb Raider game and did it exceptionally well with Legend/Anniversary/Underworld. They also showed they could make an excellent platformer with Lara Croft and the Guardian of the Light. So next they took on the challenge of rebooting the series for the next generation and I think they succeeded. They could have easily just made another Tomb Raider in the mold of the previous titles, but then I imagine they would have been accused of being unoriginal and just producing more of the same. So they took a chance to make a different kind of game, and when you do that you are going to get beat up a little too, but I think the reward is worth it.

The Tomb Raider reboot screams quality, everything from the graphics to the cinematics, the action, game mechanics, story, map design, combat, interface, and the number of things you can do in the game. It kept me engaged the whole time, and I really was invested in Lara and her growth as a character. Yes, it does feel like you are in a movie at times, but in a good way, and I did not mind the QTEs for the most part, I thought they generally flowed very well. At its best, Tomb Raider is spectacular and exhilarating.

Gameplay was mostly very enjoyable. I liked the addition of the axe climbing and attaching rope lines with your arrows. I didn't miss the wall running (there were times I hated it in Anniversary), but I was disappointed that they removed pole swinging, a staple of past Tomb Raiders (there are times when she swings on a pole to the next ledge, but its automatic). For the first time in a Tomb Raider, there is fun combat where you actually have to aim and shoot. My only issue is that they overdid it at times, and made it feel like you were playing Call of Duty more than Tomb Raider. The scene that immediately comes is in Shanty Town, where Lara is on a platform with waves of spawning enemies coming at her. It felt completely out of place for a Tomb Raider game. It would have been much better if they had placed enemies throughout the map to give you the option of engaging them or stealthing past them, which fits more with the kind of character that Lara is.

As for the tombs, yes, they are simple one room affairs. Most are pretty clever, though, and no one is making you press the survival instinct key to get a hint. Now that Lara's back story has been told, I am hoping that in her next adventure the emphasis will again be on the actual tomb raiding, and we will see longer and more elaborate tombs for her to explore and solve. The maps in the game are full of clever touches, and while I have finished 90% of the game, there are still a few places that I am trying to figure out how to get to.

I thoroughly enjoyed Tomb Raider, and look forward to the next one.
  70. Oct 23, 2014
    Amazing game. Everything about this game screams quality. Visuals are stunning, sound effects are amazing and the storyline is immersive. Definitely one of the best games of it's generation.
  71. Oct 14, 2014
    When you're actually allowed to play, the game is pretty fun. The problem is they have this nasty habit of throwing in awful QTEs all over the place, some of which just require flat out memorization of the sequence to get through. I'm docking points for that alone, because they should have known better.
  72. sft
    Oct 13, 2014
    A raider reborn

A raider reborn

I thoroughly enjoyed this game (this is the first TR game I’ve played so I can’t compare it with Lara’s previous outings) and, a few gripes aside, it deserves a place in my current top 10. Visually, this game is very striking. It also has a pretty good AI and enjoyable combat. The voice acting is good, and the storyline, despite being conventional, is better than average. The mix of exploration, puzzle-solving, combat, and parkour-style platforming is well-balanced and satisfying and gives the game a much broader scope than most. A couple of the QTEs are annoying, but on the whole the set-pieces are well choreographed, impressively designed, and fun to complete. The save system is also a little frustrating, especially if you happen to mistime a jump halfway between checkpoints (sadly us PC gamers are used to this). Overall TOMB RAIDER is an impressive example of excellent game design and is immensely enjoyable to play.

4.5/5
  73. Oct 10, 2014
    I picked this up on sale and to be honest it's absolutely brilliant. I had TR:Underworld and hated it, but this is a completely different animal. It looks incredible, the gameplay is smooth and nowhere near as annoying as old TR games and the story was great. I loved Tomb Raider from start to finish.
  74. Oct 8, 2014
    Hacia tiempo que no jugaba a un juego que me embriaga de esta manera, la historia, el gameplay el meta-gameplay, esa mezcla de aventura, exploración, shooter y survival; y haciéndose herramienta de un motor gráfico sin el cual contar esa historia no hubiese sido lo mismo.

El diseño de entornos te hace creer que estás en un sitio real, no en uno diseñado, sino una recreación de localizaciones y eventos reales, me sorprendo a mi mismo continuamente observando el entorno, sorprendido ante su magia y su belleza, y las ruinas tan llenas de vida y a la vez tan muertas, que te hacen pensar que una vez allí hubo una población viviendo e imaginas su forma de vida, sus costumbres, la inmersión es total.

El juego es muy fluido y nunca consideras que lo que estás haciendo es relleno ni nada por el estilo, hay algunas opiniones de gente que dice que es una película interactiva, deben haber pirateado el juego y jugar 15 minutos, al principio tienen mucho que presentar y parece un poco película, pero solo es una introducción, después es jugar y jugar y nunca te cansas, le he echado 18 horas en difícil para hacerlo al 70% porque no me gusta ir volviendo atrás para hacer el 100%, y esas 18 horas han sido en menos de una semana, estaba deseando llegar del trabajo y darle caña y es que nunca te cansas, desde que era niño no había sido capaz de estar más de dos horas seguidas jugando, y este juego lo ha conseguido.

Poco más que decir, lo importante es jugarlo, y cualquier persona que le gusten los videojuegos deben jugar a este, Crystal Dinamycs ha hecho un gran trabajo y se merecen más ventas de las que ya tienen, así que ya sabéis.
  75. Sep 30, 2014
    No, it is not what made the "Tomb Raider" series great. It is not the very good TR1, let alone the amazing TR2. The character in TR2013 just has the name Lara Croft. Names sell.
    But TR2013 is a good game in itself. The graphics are still outstanding, despite being already a year old. The skin, the movement and the landscape sometimes come relatively close to the Final Fantasy movie.
    Basically, you explore, run, jump, kill. There are some quicktime events, too, but not too much and not insanely difficult. With autosave and mostly fair design, the game normally is not frustrating but doable. The gameplay is not completely linear. Sure, you normally go from area to area, but in the area itself you sometimes have to find your way, especially when you have to use your equipment (hook, arrows etc.). In TR2, the huge areals where pretty demanding (and satisfying). TR2013 is a lot easier now, but it is fun nevertheless.
    At the end of the day, the mix works.
  76. Sep 20, 2014
    While I don't normally like reboots that involve the "dark and gritty" treatment I think in the case of Tomb Raider it works in its favour. The game still manages to capture the essence of the 1996 original while still being an origin story chronicling Lara Croft's traumatic journey as she survives on a dangerous island. The plot is good, the gameplay is good, the graphics are good, theWhile I don't normally like reboots that involve the "dark and gritty" treatment I think in the case of Tomb Raider it works in its favour. The game still manages to capture the essence of the 1996 original while still being an origin story chronicling Lara Croft's traumatic journey as she survives on a dangerous island. The plot is good, the gameplay is good, the graphics are good, the voice acting is good, the music is good; there's not really much to fault with this game. And just when I was starting to lose my faith in AAA titles... Expand
  77. Sep 20, 2014
    I bought this game in the Steam summer sales for 5€. After completing it, I can say it was totally worth much more than that. I have never been a Tomb Raider fan (played a couple of games several years ago, but I don't remember a lot from them). The story is just awesome the only thing that feels weird is that the "transformation" of Lara from innocent to what she becomes looks a bit tooI bought this game in the Steam summer sales for 5€. After completing it, I can say it was totally worth much more than that. I have never been a Tomb Raider fan (played a couple of games several years ago, but I don't remember a lot from them). The story is just awesome the only thing that feels weird is that the "transformation" of Lara from innocent to what she becomes looks a bit too fast. The gameplay was good (in my first playthrough I only found a couple of bugs). The sound is one of the best things of the game, it almost makes you feel like you are there with Lara.
    The game is not long, but it will take you about 15 hours to complete (if you take at least some of the secondaries)
    Definetly one of the best adventure games I've ever played
  78. Sep 13, 2014
    This game falls on the repetitive at points with it's cover shoot mechanics and gunplay but overall leads to an enjoyable experience. Visually it's a beautiful game with it's several inside and outside environments showcasing some pleasant graphics and wonderful scenery.

The story is enjoyable but rather plain and uninteresting and the characters fail to grasp you in anyway, leaving a slightly empty feeling in terms of character development. The voice acting is nothing above average but it doesn't impact on the game too heavily overall and the character of Lara Croft is decently played.

The best aspect of this game is how much progress it shows gaming has made in terms of female representation and Tomb Raider 2013 is a brilliant example of it, this game is more revolutionary in terms of Feminism in gaming than design and that is why I have rated it as high as I have. Despite it's flaws this game is a good step forward.
  79. Sep 3, 2014
    Like quick-time events? Goofy cutscenes? Button mashing? Over-the-top gore? This game is for you!
    Like pathfinding and puzzle-solving to gain access to... you know... tombs? You probably want to buy something else.
    Very pretty game with some nicely designed big maps, but gameplay is uninspired at best, and annoying as hell at worst. Combat and movement is laggy while the camera jerks around wildly. Very linear in many sections, and the hand-holding for the console kiddies (despite being a very rated M game) is blatant. Tacked-on terrible multiplayer is worth nothing. Single-player campaign has little to no replay value.
    It's amazing how much good content manages to shine through this though, and ultimately it's a mildly entertaining diversion - for those that can stomach its glaring problems.
  80. Aug 30, 2014
    A great return to modern gaming for this beloved franchise. The game has great action and platforming however does become slight Quick Time and Cut scene heavy through out.
    Very similar of playing this to the Batman Arkham games.

However plenty of positive here and one of the better games of this year.
  81. Aug 22, 2014
    Excellent. However, it may feel repetitive at times but that doesn't take away anything from this beautifully crafted game. The only reason I shave-off a point here is because of the plethora of cut-scenes involved. All in all, a superb reboot to the franchise with an engrossing back-story. Disappointed with the Xbox One exclusivity of the sequel though.
  82. Aug 18, 2014
    I give a 10 because it brings a fresh gameplay ^^ Graphisms are great too :) I don't have so much time to play and I like the fact that there is things collectable, little hunt, little fights. You fall deeply in the gameplay. It's really not that hard even in difficult mode.

The story seems good. The actors voices are really nice. I've read others review and even it's short, it gives you a good feeling. Actually I have fun ^^
  83. Aug 18, 2014
    A decently entertaining ride.

Tomb Raider (2013) is a full-on reboot that sets up an entirely new origin story and introduces a new version of Lara Croft. And I have to say, this version of Lara is better than the overtly sexualized vixens in prior titles. The premise is fairly well set up. Your ship is sunk in a typhoon and you and other survivors are stranded on this mysterious
    A decently entertaining ride.

The premise is fairly well set up. Your ship is sunk in a typhoon and you and other survivors are stranded on this mysterious island. Cliche? Sure. But it doesn't mean it's bad. It does a good job of setting up the atmosphere of the game.

The graphics are extremely good, especially if you've got the hardware muscle to efficiently render the GPU-punishing TressFX feature (dynamic hair physics simulation). With TressFX, Lara's hair is arguably the best hair of any game. But I digress... The environments and atmospheric effects are top notch, and character models are well made. Particle and physics effects are also very good. Granted if you have the hardware to back it all up.

Gameplay is... decent. The gunplay and stealth aspects are solid in their own right, but the presence of the hated quick-time events dampen the experience by a fairly significant margin, considering the over-abundance of QTE's in the game.

In general though, Tomb Raider is a great reboot of the franchise that honestly improves upon it, but perhaps in order to appeal to the current mainstream gamers, quick-time events have made a comeback...
  84. Aug 16, 2014
    One of the best games of all time! For me, it is definately in the TOP 5. The only reason i don't give it exactly the No.1 rank, is i'm originally a strategy fan, and there is a Starcraft 2, and a Heroes of might and magic III, V, and the evergreen Warcraft III. As a TPS, it's No.1.
  85. Aug 13, 2014
    Wonderfully crafted game where you can tell the developers really put their heart and soul into it. Just the natural fluidity of Lara running down the scene looks so life like and non robotic that it amazes. So as far as graphics are concerned it deserves a 10+.The combat and RPG aspect is fun as well and very well done. There is no real open world in case anyone is wondering and the gameWonderfully crafted game where you can tell the developers really put their heart and soul into it. Just the natural fluidity of Lara running down the scene looks so life like and non robotic that it amazes. So as far as graphics are concerned it deserves a 10+.The combat and RPG aspect is fun as well and very well done. There is no real open world in case anyone is wondering and the game may be a little on the easy side as far as bosses are concerned. Another aspect that may disappoint hard core Tomb Raider fans are the puzzles are a little bit too easy and unimaginative but I had an easy time forgiving that given the rest of the game is just fantastic. Expand
  86. Aug 11, 2014
    I am an old school Tomb Raider fan and have finished most of the old TR games. Technically the game is amazing and really had the potential to become a great TR. Sadly some critical aspects of it ruined the experience. First and foremost the game is holding all the time the player's hand telling him what to do, where to go etc. which comes in complete contrast with the original TR spirit.I am an old school Tomb Raider fan and have finished most of the old TR games. Technically the game is amazing and really had the potential to become a great TR. Sadly some critical aspects of it ruined the experience. First and foremost the game is holding all the time the player's hand telling him what to do, where to go etc. which comes in complete contrast with the original TR spirit. And this is only the beginning. The game is overloaded with hundreds of QT E's making it look more like a movie rather than a game and also there are no puzzles at all. And finally this is an overwhelmingly brutal game, feature that I didn't really enjoy. I was definitely expecting a lot more from this game. In my opinion this is a very good game but NOT a Tomb Raider game. Expand
  87. Aug 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Not too bad of a game. The gameplay for the most part is good and the story is good too. I think lara's transition from afraid of killing people to lady rambo was a little too abrupt. Also I think they could have cut down on all of the unnecessary "mash e to do this" qtes. Other than that its good and i recommend getting it on a sale. Expand
  88. Aug 2, 2014
    A good, well told and sober storyline. A lot of cut scenes, but well placed, I think. It makes you get more involved, more interested somehow. The way the story is told and presented to you is just amazing.
    Amazing graphics, physics and a fair sound.
    And the most important, and the most neglected matters in most other games: Fun and challenge. come on folks. It' a game. That's all
    Amazing graphics, physics and a fair sound.
    And the most important, and the most neglected matters in most other games:
    Fun and challenge.
    come on folks. It' a game. That's all about that, fun and challenge... always were. And this new Tomb Raider have a fair amount of both.
    People should remember that it's a reset in Tomb Raider franchising. With new developers, new writers, new studio... it's the first game (we hope) that attempts to please a very faithful and passionate legion of fans. It may seems exaggerated here and there, lacking a little something sometimes... but OVERALL it's a pretty damn good game, with many thing to improve, we have to admit, but it's still great.
  89. Jul 31, 2014
    After the excellent 1st and 2nd TR in the late 90's I'm coming back to Tomb Raider series after 15 long years and I'm happy to announce that this reboot is very well done in almost every way. Yes, there are some minor annoyances typical for modern games, like QTE, but it's not as bad to be able to destroy your experience here. Other than that I was happy with most things presented in thisAfter the excellent 1st and 2nd TR in the late 90's I'm coming back to Tomb Raider series after 15 long years and I'm happy to announce that this reboot is very well done in almost every way. Yes, there are some minor annoyances typical for modern games, like QTE, but it's not as bad to be able to destroy your experience here. Other than that I was happy with most things presented in this title, visuals, locations, weapons, gameplay, story. If all reboots were of this quality, this world would be a better place. 8/10 Expand
  90. Jul 29, 2014
    Best adventure action game I ever played so far. Graphics is so amazing using WQHD resolution, control is great, story is engaging, refreshing to see Lara in different attitude than self confident adventurer. Intense combat and sufficient puzzle to solve. Despite its returning to similar location but never reuse same route... satisfactory purchase and game completion...
  91. Jul 24, 2014
    Tomb Raider it's the best game I ever played and I play many games. It has stunning graphics, one of the best campains/story line ever, very good gameplay, and the best of all is when you finish the game prety much free rom and it has multiplayer what is awesome.
  92. Jul 23, 2014
    Will start from the beginning...
    Will start from the beginning...
    First of all I tried many TR game before, but none of them interested me, I mean they was not my style, genre games, so wasn't expect that will like this game too. But I purchased it (one good man recomended it to me) and after finishing some chapters/missions I noticed that game takes me in and takes me deep inside, yes exactly. First time I played female character and feel myself as a main character, every thing around is taking you deep in to its world, cutscenes that synchronously moving in action and vice versa are making you part of all the actions inside, like you are in movie, like you are part of the movie, very beautiful and atmospheric world around you that smoothly changes from peaceful right up to the horror, makes realistic and deep feelings, every thing there is hostile but beautifully calming, whole world is against you here. Didn't expect see so many genre in so harmonious union with each other - Atmospheric, Adventure, Puzzle, Quest, Action, Stealth, Horror, H&S, Survival all with some kind of RPG elements spanning you in after every moment. Game is very active for what I was expecting from Tomb Raider game.
    For me TR becomes one of the best games that I ever played before, I didn't expect so deep and fun gameplay, but one negative thing that I didn't like in, is that game is way too easy for hard mode, but it have its good part too - you can relax and enjoy its deep, interesting and fun gameplay. (It's more like Movie for me more than Game, but anyway as I say before "it's one of the best games I ever played" or "movie I ever watched" ..? Shortly, who cares, it's great so don't miss it).
    Game for me is 10/10, really big + to Developers.
    Also can say that game have quite good optimization, also looks great on tweaked settings.
    One more interesting thing that I find here was Multiplayer very fun, dynamic and action, but sometimes it have a little problems in finding matches, but more often match starts in 20 sec.
    So worth it, game is really Great-Super-Amazing...
    Thank you for reading and sorry for my bad English.
  93. Jul 19, 2014
    About as much of a gaming experience as the original Dragons Lair for Amiga. Mostly a bunch of quick time events is used to let you do things and the camera is locked. Seems like they really rather wanted to make another Tomb Raider movie, but were forced to make a "game".
  94. Jul 16, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I admit that in the first place this isn't really my cup of tea, but it had such high ratings on IGN I selected it as one of my free games to come with my XFX video card. You don't play this game, this game plays you. Like most of the other negative reviews, the cut scene / quick time events of this game make far less than enjoyable. I got to a scene where Ms. Tomb Raider is supposed to sneak past a bunch of baddies who are searching for her by keeping to waist level walls as cover, she gets discovered by the head baddie and you have to hit the quick time event just right to survive, I didn't get past this point before giving up on the game, it was the last straw, too many deaths to simple mistakes in QTE are not learning and not fun.

The plot seems like a direct rip off of Far Cry 3, but with a really crappy game engine. Sure glad this game was free, though I wish I had picked something else.
  95. Jul 15, 2014
    Lara emerges as a more innocent, beautiful and younger than the previous games and the game's beauty fascinates us, we will able to see Lara's personal changes by the time and it will be in our control.
  96. Jul 12, 2014
    The game could use a stronger character development. The game doesn't have the most epic story line but still good. Aside from this this game is so freaking awesome. I don't know why ANYBODY would give this a red level score. Take this from a guy that has over 200 games and beaten most on steam and gamefly plus played a lot of more games aside from that. I haven't played other TR games soThe game could use a stronger character development. The game doesn't have the most epic story line but still good. Aside from this this game is so freaking awesome. I don't know why ANYBODY would give this a red level score. Take this from a guy that has over 200 games and beaten most on steam and gamefly plus played a lot of more games aside from that. I haven't played other TR games so i can't compare. As a game all together it I've really enjoyed it. I can only think anyone that's given it a bad rep are developers other companies. Expand
  97. Jul 12, 2014
    Not the Tomb Raider game that I was expecting, but since it was more a reboot than a revisiting of the original ideas, maybe turning this game into an Uncharted clone was a fair choice. It still has very good moments where the exploration of the levels is very well performed, but so many combats and annoying quick time events just ruin the rest of the experience. Apart from this, the plotNot the Tomb Raider game that I was expecting, but since it was more a reboot than a revisiting of the original ideas, maybe turning this game into an Uncharted clone was a fair choice. It still has very good moments where the exploration of the levels is very well performed, but so many combats and annoying quick time events just ruin the rest of the experience. Apart from this, the plot is promising at the beginning, but it ends being a bad joke, so don't take this game too seriously. Expand
  98. Jul 7, 2014
    Tomb Raider has an intense story followed by great game mechanics and fluidity.
    It has a good mixture of combat, puzzling and cinematics. All this combined with appealing graphics.
  99. Jul 6, 2014
    I really want to give this game an 8. But the camera shake in INSANE! Make me throw up. I really wonder if they have a QA team on this. I really love everything else about the game. Beautiful environments, story, fighting engine. But Jeez. Can't enjoy it when I spend half the day recovering in bed from the nausea caused by the stupid camera tracking and shake. I had to close my eyes duringI really want to give this game an 8. But the camera shake in INSANE! Make me throw up. I really wonder if they have a QA team on this. I really love everything else about the game. Beautiful environments, story, fighting engine. But Jeez. Can't enjoy it when I spend half the day recovering in bed from the nausea caused by the stupid camera tracking and shake. I had to close my eyes during cut scenes just to prevent myself from turning green for god's sake. Darksiders II suffered the same issue too. It's' such a pity really. Expand
  100. Jul 5, 2014
    Absolutely gorgeous graphics, and a stunning, creative environment that combines Japanese architecture and design, Russian mercenaries, scrapyard structures and a chilling series of halls, temples and chambers that evoke the very best sense of eeriness found in the Indiana Jones films. Combat is satisfactory, and the puzzles are underwhelming at best, but this game tells a story and doesAbsolutely gorgeous graphics, and a stunning, creative environment that combines Japanese architecture and design, Russian mercenaries, scrapyard structures and a chilling series of halls, temples and chambers that evoke the very best sense of eeriness found in the Indiana Jones films. Combat is satisfactory, and the puzzles are underwhelming at best, but this game tells a story and does to was stunning visual effects. Expand

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Jun 10, 2013
    The new incarnation of the iconic Lara Craft might very well be one of the best games out there right now. [April 2013]
  2. PC PowerPlay
    Mar 30, 2013
    Everything you could want from an archeological adventure, except having to press six keys to mantle. [Apr 2013, p.80]
  3. Mar 19, 2013
    While not every promising idea Tomb Raider has is pulled off successfully, it nevertheless turns in a tense and memorable ride that combines modern game design with its forebears’ adventurous spirit in some exciting ways. Some of its missteps may well come at the cost of your enjoyment, but most can’t hope to hurt the adventure in the long run. Although it never fully finds its identity, this is a game and a story worth seeing through.