Tomb Raider: Chronicles PC

7.2

1. StevenR.
    Aug 2, 2001
    This game is one of the best games of Tomb Raider I have ever played. It's nice to know about other adventures she has been on besides the ones that have been. If no one has played this, I recommend it.
  2. Jun 28, 2012
    This game is underrated. It's pretty linear with a easy to medium difficulty level. The presentation and story lines are IMO the most unique in the series. The game offers four different adventures each with their own story. The first taking place in Rome, which focuses on the perfect blend of Tomb raiding and puzzle solving. The second adventure is more action packed and modern. The thirdThis game is underrated. It's pretty linear with a easy to medium difficulty level. The presentation and story lines are IMO the most unique in the series. The game offers four different adventures each with their own story. The first taking place in Rome, which focuses on the perfect blend of Tomb raiding and puzzle solving. The second adventure is more action packed and modern. The third focuses purely on puzzles and exploration. And the Final adventure is more stealthy and challenging. Honestly, I enjoyed this more than The Last Revelation. The variety works better for me. The fact that the PC version came with a Level Editor was a huge plus too. Give this game a chance. It makes the best use of the TR engine. The game is simple, but enjoyable if you like the series. Expand
  3. May 7, 2013
    Bleh. It is better than Tomb Raider III and Angel of darkness but it is nowhere near as good as other games in the series. It is quite buggy. And the acting is bleh. I only recommend it to Tomb Raider fans.
  4. Nov 20, 2013
    Although Chronicles feels like a compilation of leftover B-Sides; I still find this to be one of the most varied and interesting games in the series! However, the game offers nothing new except tight rope walking and pole swinging; so if you haven’t liked any Lara Croft game before you aren't likely to find anything enjoyable here. Again we are presented with an extremely buggy finalAlthough Chronicles feels like a compilation of leftover B-Sides; I still find this to be one of the most varied and interesting games in the series! However, the game offers nothing new except tight rope walking and pole swinging; so if you haven’t liked any Lara Croft game before you aren't likely to find anything enjoyable here. Again we are presented with an extremely buggy final level, which is a severe downside but thankfully the level design has gone back to its origins unlike its predecessor! Another benefit to this title is that it appears to have been properly optimised for widescreen resolutions, unlike previous entries which relied more on stretching 4:3 ratios. Overall, this is a very enjoyable game. Expand
  5. Aug 3, 2017
    My favorite Tomb Raider, i don't get all the hate about that game! The story is about 4 different artifacts in Laras life. I loved it as a kid and i still love to play it today!

1. Some of the old charm is still there, but it's starting to wear a bit thin after four years, and for those of us with more refined tastes there are much better third person games out there now.
  2. GamePower
    Aside from a couple of new moves and animations, there really is nothing here, and the tired 3-D engine and controls are bound to cause frustration to casual gamers and those without the patience Lara requires.
  3. PC Gamer
    This franchise is as stale as a holiday fruitcake. The new engine is needed NOW. [Mar 2001, p.86]